Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democrats are still messing up this Moment

What mealy mouth weak sauce in the face of an authoritarian Republican juggernaut. Why not say, “Republicans are the Taliban Party. They will put you in jail, subject you to execution for exercising freedom over your body, marrying who you love, using contraception, or being anything they dislike. They are a threat to our nation, our freedom. They want to crush you if you don’t bow to them. We must reject them at every turn.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 10, 2022 1:32 AM

I'm so angry I'm going to agree with you. Come on, Dems, way past time to kick some right-wing ass 😠

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 9:48 AM

[quote] Why not say“Republicans are the Taliban Party. They will put you in jail, subject you to execution for exercising freedom over your body, marrying who you love, using contraception, or being anything they dislike. They are a threat to our nation, our freedom. They want to crush you if you don’t bow to them. We must reject them at every turn.”

Because sensible, rational adults don't spew hyperbole like hysterial children.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 9:51 AM

The saddest thing about the Democrats is that they’re reactionary and short-sighted.

The way Republicans have played the long game by packing the courts and focusing on local/state elections has been masterful.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 9:54 AM

The ACLU is again pandering to the oppression Olympics whackos by claiming that this is (of course) going to “fall hardest on Black women.” What is happening (and what’s coming) is an unfortunate course over-correcting against the left who have wasted years focusing exclusively (and sycophantically) on identity politics.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 9:56 AM

R4

Due to disproportionate poverty rates, black women utilize abortion services at a higher rate than white women (white women undergo abortions more in raw numbers though since there are so many more white american women).

I don't know what phrasing is from the ACLU that you're referring to. But it's statistically accurate to say that black women will be *disproportionately* harmed by this.

If that's what the ACLU was saying, then they're just describing statistical reality. Do you have a quote?

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 10:07 AM

This is what I have to say to Democrats (courtesy of the musical EVITA):

"How can you claim you're our saviors, when those who oppose you are stepped on or cut up or simply disappear?" (i.e., canceled)

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 10:07 AM

Dem politicians use pathetic words like “tragic,” “sad,” or “DISAPPOINTED” to describe their reaction to over half of the population’s autonomy bring rescinded.

Has Biden ever been furious, outraged, or even mad about anything?! Most Dems in Congress all act like this caught them by surprise. All they do is react. They don’t act. They’re passive and chickenshit. Oh, there are a few who try but they are quickly smothered by the Dem geriatric establishment who think it’s 1989.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 10:49 AM

Can we stop doing what Democrats always do--turning against each other to ensure we self-sabotage? Find any way to justify not voting?

Jesus! There are many more of us than there are of GOP assholes. Let's pull it together and stop bitching that the Midterms have been decided already.

I strongly suspect the GOP never wanted Roe overturned. They've been fundraising on the issue for 50 years. They wanted that to continue forever. Plus, they know that SCOTUS has kicked a hornet's next of women who stripped the House from the GOP in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 10:57 AM

R5, you have basically laid out the problem with Dem messaging. It is the Ale Gore problem. The Dems explain everything with statistics. While they are correct in the facts, they miss the messaging. Dems *have* to stop appealing to people's intellect. Dems speak in teal, mauve, cyan, and xanthic. They need to speak in red, blue, and yellow.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 11:06 AM

Oh sure, I plan to vote. I always vote. But R9 nailed it. We can vote all we want but most democrats are as stupid as republiqans in their own way. That’s why this is happening. Dems thought Roe would never be overturned. Or pretended so just because they were too cowardly to be vocal and proactive about abortion rights.

Dems like AOC are marginalized by the DNC. That should tell you all you need to know about its stance on abortion rights or gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 11:16 AM

[quote]What is happening (and what’s coming) is an unfortunate course over-correcting against the left who have wasted years focusing exclusively (and sycophantically) on identity politics.

No one except slimy right-wingers truly believe that American citizens deserve to have their rights taken away, because some politicians cared about some minorities every once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 11:19 AM

[quote]Dems thought Roe would never be overturned.

That's not true. Obama promised to codify abortion rights into law, because everyone knew Roe could be overturned. He decided against it, because it turned out he only had something like 56 votes, if I remember, and he didn't want to expend political capital on bargaining to get the remaining 4 votes he needed.

It was a stupid decision on his part, honestly. I'm sure some pundits and politicians said at the time that his decision was a good one because Roe wasn't going anywhere, but that's not the same as claiming the Democratic Party said Roe was not under danger. They did say it, and frequently.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 11:23 AM

I often hear an argument from centrists that the blame for all our current political division lies with the liberals, because we've spent the past 40 years calling the far right ignorant, selfish, bigoted Christofascists and they behave the way they do because we've hurt their feelings and they secretly crave our approval. According to this theory, it is our responsibility to reach out to these people and make them feel better about themselves, after which they will become reasonable and work with us on bipartisan solutions to our problems. I think it's a load of shit but several finger-wagging op-ed writers are adamant about it.

So maybe that's why Biden and the Democratic leadership are hesitant to call these people out the way we want them to. Someone might be in their ears telling this sad story, or knowing Biden and his nostalgia for dinner dates with the McCains he may believe it himself.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 2:54 PM

Although black women will be disproportionately affected, the reality is focusing on racial impact undermines the potency of this issue amongst white people and suburban voters. Democrats like to focus on negative impacts to narrow groups, but this makes others say “well, it doesn’t really hurt me.” Even focusing on the negative impact on women makes men feel uninterested or not impacted by this issue. Democrats should try to appeal to broad impacts

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 3:16 PM

I have been defending Biden, but now I understand why people say he is incapable to meet the challenge of this moment. We need a clear throated, potent, charismatic leader who had fight conservatives with vigor and wit. Biden seems so weak, so afraid to go hard against Republicans. He stumbles over his lines, doesn’t project power and fight.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 3:19 PM

If the Dems weren't such fucking pussies, none of this shit would be happening.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 3:21 PM

Have you all considered running yourself on local, state or national level?

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2022 3:23 PM

“ Dems speak in teal, mauve, cyan, and xanthic. They need to speak in red, blue, and yellow.”

Precisely. Even now, liberals are Democrats are responding with cerebral analyses of legal jargon and theories. The public is bored, unswayed by this response. Republicans respond to issues with simple, marketable, short jargons and catch phrases that capture and drive the emotions of the masses.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 3:23 PM

R2 is part of the problem. His way of thinking is the losers’ blueprint.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2022 3:24 PM

[Quote] Because sensible, rational adults don't spew hyperbole like hysterial children.

You apparently missed the 2016 election and how that turned out.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2022 3:24 PM

BIden, with really nothing to lose, needs to use executive order aggressively to make a difference on society.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2022 3:25 PM

Democrats need to stop falling for these college professor type candidates who only stimulate the well educated minority of voters

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2022 3:26 PM

[quote] Oh, there are a few who try but they are quickly smothered by the Dem geriatric establishment who think it’s 1989.

Absolutely. We need young, angry Democrats in positions of leadership, not old fossils who are running the party.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2022 3:39 PM

The Democratic Party is done for. I'm sorry, Trump is going to win in 24.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2022 3:40 PM

A Republican may win in 2024. We'll have to see what happens at the midterms and after. However, it won't be Trump. Even the alt-right has left Trump behind. They don't need him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2022 3:42 PM

Hopefully, this Roe v. Wade fiasco will get people out in droves to vote Democrat in November, and again in 2024.

I really think that sleaze Clarence Thomas overstepped things when he mentioned action on contraception. Contraception is something most straight people in America use and the thought of it being restricted or taken away entirely scares the shit out of most Americans. It's a much bigger and more real issue than abortion for millions of people. That might get people motivated to vote.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2022 3:46 PM

You want a quick summation of how weak and spineless Dems are: When TX Dems risked ARREST going to DC for help, they left saying Schumer offered them nothing. No hope. No willingness to fight.

He fucking sucks beyond belief. You would never believe that between Schumer and McConnell that the latter is the one representing a shithole state with no money, dependent on handouts from the former's state and with half the population of ONE city in the former's state.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2022 3:56 PM

Well, guess you'd better vote Trump then, r27.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2022 3:57 PM

OP, don't you know that Republicans are Evil and Democrats are Inept?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2022 4:01 PM

Democrats think politics is checkers. Republicans think it is war.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2022 4:01 PM

Schumer is horrible

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2022 4:02 PM

[QUOTE]I have been defending Biden, but now I understand why people say he is incapable to meet the challenge of this moment. We need a clear throated, potent, charismatic leader who had fight conservatives with vigor and wit. Biden seems so weak, so afraid to go hard against Republicans. He stumbles over his lines, doesn’t project power and fight.

Yep. His administration should have been on top of this months ago. They did nothing. Kamala Harris met with some state AGs about it YESTERDAY! He goes to sites of mass shootings. Well, this is will be a mass extinction of women given the 3rd world maternal mortality rate in this country. But where is he? Saying he's "sad" or whatever.

That is simply not acceptable.

Oh and Merrick Garland claiming that states can't ban a legal abortion drug? Of COURSE they will. He is just as weak and useless as Biden.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2022 4:08 PM

I'm in NY, R28. So thankfully, even if I were to scoop my brain out since that would be the only way I could vote for Trump, it wouldn't matter even if I did vote for that pile of dog shit.

I'm just saying that I don't have to ever vote for Schumer and I won't. I've already left it blank in the past. I can't stand him. I can't stand his stupid move to bring things to a vote knowing they will fail because he wants his failures recorded for the history books that the GOP burns. I want to punch him every time he says "History will remember" No, it won't, motherfucker, because history will be erased by Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2022 4:09 PM

Say what you will, but Republicans demand their leaders be loud, Zelous,, and in your face. It’s working. Why are rank-and-file Democrats and progressives not demanding that Democratic leaders be equally as zealous?

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2022 4:18 PM

[quote]they behave the way they do because we've hurt their feelings and they secretly crave our approval.

Whaaaat? You really must be joking. No Repub gives a shit what Dems think. Their core belief is that liberals are simple minded, willfully ignorant children who need to be tamed and taught. They want to convert YOU.

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2022 4:20 PM

I’m angry and disillusioned at a loss for how to proceed.

The Democratic Party has changed and I no longer recognize it as the party that helped the common worker and those struggling to get ahead.

I wonder how this will affect voter sentiment in that before we had a clear understanding of what each party represented, but now the lines are blurred, identity politics has divided us, why vote for democrats who allow men to identify as women and support letting them into women’s prisons or sports teams, how is that protecting woman’s rights when language is changed to erase the very definition of the word woman. Republicans in turn are fighting back against this nonsense which side will women choose.

Finally gay rights are the next to face challenges as identity politics further erode the rights of others. If gender can be chosen and changed is there such a thing as same sex attraction or is this now transphobic. Are gay rights and protections still needed and will they hold up in legal challenges that are sure to come.

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]The Democratic Party has changed and I no longer recognize it as the party that helped the common worker and those struggling to get ahead.

You mean like the price gouging bill the Republicans voted against or the one for baby formula that the Republicans also voted against or the child tax credit that was ended? So those are not examples of Democrats trying to help the "common worker," right?

Why don't you cut the shit with your racist trope? The common worker comes in more than one color. What your actual issue is that the white ones no longer get SPECIAL treatment and get to keep their boot on the non-white ones. You can't point to a fucking Dem policy that ISN'T geared to the "common worker." Stop being a coward and just say "white people," because the reality is that you can't accept the white ones aren't always the qualified ones for a job or a position.

The stupidest shithead became president specifically due to the belief by the "common worker" that white people can be stupid and unqualified and still be entitled to a job, but the non-white ones have to be exceptional and even then, it's "affirmative action" that got them a job.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2022 4:34 PM

Whoooo-weee! Look at R37 working so hard at bringing everyone together in these dark times for the Dems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2022 4:39 PM

R2 No, we are not a democracy. That was the biggest sham in history. I finally see that. We are a plutocracy run by a handful of billionaires and religious fanatics. Your vote means nothing. Elections mean nothing, except as a means to lull the populace into thinking they have any sort of control over anything. We don't. Welcome to 1930s Germany. It's going to get a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2022 4:39 PM

^Exactly. Political maneuvering, campaigns and elections are all just a distractions as TPTB go about the business of ruling the world unimpeded.

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2022 4:43 PM

Gay marriage is definitely going to be next, as I’ve heard rumours that some right wing advocacy groups want to compile lists of all same sex marriage couples throughout the United States. If they get their way and you’re thinking of getting married now then I’d suggest holding back, as you will only make yourself a target for these people as you’ll be on record as gay and married.

There are some seriously evil and bigoted people out there who work in local government positions (think Kim Davis) who only go through the motions when it comes to acceptance of gay marriage. However, if they get the chance you’ll see their true attitude and it will be worse than anything you could imagine.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2022 4:45 PM

Yes, the ultra-conservative Christfascist party is taking away fundamental personal freedoms - so let’s bash the other party for “letting” them do it? If you want to improve the Democratic Party, go for it, but don’t just whine & criticize.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2022 4:46 PM

Agree OP, and many others on here. Kamala, this is your fucking moment. Use it or lose it! And right now you seem to be choosing, lose it. Step it up, bitch, or fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2022 4:49 PM

[quote]I’ve heard rumours

Well then, it must be true, Mary @ R41.

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2022 4:51 PM

R4 pretends the very reason someone as stupid, scummy and corrupt as Trump (who wouldn't know the fucking constitution from an IHOP menu) didn't take over the GOP specifically due to identity politics: White Nationalism, White supremacy, "othering" and scapegoating of people based on their "identity."

That's what's so fucking stupid about people who talk about Dems and identity politics. It's the fucking Republicans who have ALWAYS attacked people based on their identity. How many times have you witnessed a minority be belittled or told they got their job due to "affirmative action"? Meanwhile, Republicans would elect dog shit once it petrified and turned white.

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote]The ACLU is again pandering to the oppression Olympics whackos by claiming that this is (of course) going to “fall hardest on Black women.”

They're really saying "women"?

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2022 4:56 PM

This is not about revenge on the left for its "extremism", it has nothing to do with identity politics or trans or anything that has happened in the past few years. Nothing at all.

This is a culmination of 50 years of the Right hating Roe v Wade, hating it almost from the beginning. (actually, I think for the first couple of years everyone was actually kind of okay, but pretty soon it became the major rallying cry for the right and for Catholics and for evangelicals.)

But that said, the message has to be about ALL WOMEN losing this fundamental right. Not just black women. Not just poor women. And for fucks sake, not "birthing parents." ALL WOMEN. That is the only message that will truly resonate.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2022 5:03 PM

R37 You assume a lot in your rant you really need to take a deep breath and not make everything about race. I am Hispanic and my family once upon a time was poor, they benefited from social services available at the time that helped lift them out of poverty. My mom was a single mother and she got welfare, food stamps etc… she also received educational support services and went to school and then received help with job placement services which eventually helped her get her life on track, she purchased a home and you could say she lived the American dream.

My grandfather instilled in me a strong sense of work ethic, he was a blue collar worker and taught me that unions were important and to support politicians who were pro unions, he respected FDR, Kennedy and Carter.

by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2022 5:03 PM

r48, I'm not the person you're addressing directly, but I have to ask, am I understanding correctly that you're going to vote for a party that wants to get rid of all those social support services? And it's because you believe Democrats have "allowed" trans to exist?

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2022 5:08 PM

Well, I am the person he's addressing and allow me to explain it to you more simply: You have to engage in hyperbole and conjecture to justify your bullshit about Democrats forsaking the "common worker" when I can point to policy after policy after policy that Democrats have put forth for the common man and that the Republicans who you omit (shocker), have been the roadblock to everything.

The "common worker" would be in a much better position right now NOT if trans didn't exist or immigrants didn't exist, but if Republican policies didn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2022 5:14 PM

Alright believe what you want, r44, but no one believed what is happening now would ever come to pass but here we are. Yes, it’s a rumour. However, just like Roe v Wade being overturned was a rumour that everyone dismissed, it could well become true.

by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2022 5:20 PM

You are so right OP and I'm so angry i can't even post to add to yours, even though i have so much to say - that i have said so before.

by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2022 5:22 PM

Because, unlike you, OP, the Democrats are not yet ready to declare the nation a lost cause and to purposely trigger something worse than what we already have.

Do you REALLY want to see the South succeed, finally, this long after 1865?

But when it's time, which could be soon, we'll know war.

by Anonymousreply 53June 25, 2022 5:24 PM

Not to worry, Nancy Pelosi has the situation completely under control. Following the Supreme Court decision yesterday, her response was to recite a poem.

by Anonymousreply 54June 25, 2022 5:25 PM

No, I guess my response was not clear, I am still angry I guess, what I am trying to say is that the Democratic Party has become splintered, the message is not clear anymore and has become diluted. We have assholes like Manchin and Siemena who will not even support their own party, that’s a bad look and you rarely see republicans bickering and not supporting each other, they know how to close rank and get things done or obstructed.

We need to get back to basics, we need fire and direction to help unite us and stop petty in party squabbles that do not help us get ahead. I am truly shocked to see rights taken away and that makes me fearful for the future everyone posting on this site should understand what is at stake.

I fully support social services, after all my family benefited from them.

by Anonymousreply 55June 25, 2022 5:25 PM

R53 this century the South will rise again -- only this time it will be Republican-led.

by Anonymousreply 56June 25, 2022 5:47 PM

Ginni Thomas Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 57June 25, 2022 6:41 PM

What Dingbat scolded people for wanting to use hyperbole? They are totally clueless about American politics

by Anonymousreply 58June 25, 2022 6:51 PM

It’s not hyperbole if Republicans want to criminalize basic freedoms. Criminalization means you are prone to go to jail for engaging in those activities. Don’t be so stupid

by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2022 6:51 PM

If you were shocked to see rights taken away, you are part of the problem. You haven’t been paying attention to decades of zeal and tireless work on the right to see this day occur

by Anonymousreply 60June 25, 2022 6:52 PM

A small glimmer of hope - this will cost The Republicans in November.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2022 6:56 PM

R61, that is questionable

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2022 6:57 PM

Right now, all should be clearly and directly stating that people cannot vote Republican, period. Along with this message, Democrats should be saying that they are the only option for stopping Republicans from taking away peoples’ freedoms and turning America into an authoritarian Taliban society

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2022 7:24 PM

Americans don’t like people who speak in nuance and aren’t direct. Democrats are coming off as weak and feckless

by Anonymousreply 64June 25, 2022 7:25 PM

I have to agree r64. And don't keep saying "reproductive health" if you mean "abortion rights." Stop that shit. Nobody is falling for the euphemisms, nobody needs the euphemisms, nobody is impressed by the euphemisms. Stop that shit. Did Kamala mention abortion even once in her statement, or was it all some mysterious "constitutional right" being lost, a right that must never be mentioned.

Sing Out, Bitch! Or go home.

by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2022 7:31 PM

I stupidly thought we Dems, after 4 yrs + with trump, would have learned some nasty ass tactics from the deplorables. It’s the only way we will get our way is if we play as dirty as they do.

Being “Nice” doesnt cut it anymore

by Anonymousreply 66June 25, 2022 7:37 PM

Stop pretending like this isn't on purpose. Oligarchs are in control, both parties get money from them to do exactly what they are doing. Politicians are the puppets of the Oligarchy.

This site if filled with trolls because Dataloungers are smarter then you people who are still pretending like we have a two party government.

by Anonymousreply 67June 25, 2022 7:41 PM

And for fuck's sake, ask about the penalties, every damn time. Ask! Do doctor's go to jail? Do women? What happens if somebody orders an abortion pill from a state where abortion is legal? Does everyone involved go to jail? Get really specific. Don't dance around this shit, and don't let them dance around this shit.

And if anyone mentions how much they love and care for the poor little slut who got herself all knocked up, ask what the hell that actually means in practice. What, specifically! She gets to sit right up in the front pew while everyone tells her Jesus loves her and her little bastard, or something more practical?

by Anonymousreply 68June 25, 2022 7:44 PM

GOP-favoring National Examiner.

Says protesters are outside the home of Ginni & Clarence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 25, 2022 7:44 PM

I'm a diehard Democrat. I don't vote for Repigs no matter who they are. However, it's rather late to be mobilizing and getting mad. Undoing what the fucking political hacked and hijacked Supreme Court has done will take years. It's fucking depressing and disheartening.

Yes, vote. Vote like hell for pro-choice candidates. But all you fucking Susan Sarandon, Bernie Sanders, "oh Trump won't be so bad, he's a business man" assholes...are you satisfied now? You're no different than fucking Mitch McConnell refusing to grant Merrick Garland a hearing after being nominated for the Supreme Court by Barack Obama.

Hillary told you so. When are you going to fucking listen? But it's nice that you're all mad and mobilized now--the day after and a dollar short.

by Anonymousreply 70June 25, 2022 7:49 PM

"It's going to fall hardest on pregnant people of color! Vote for the Democrats in the Fall mid-terms to protect the rights of all pregnant people of color!"

by Anonymousreply 71June 25, 2022 7:52 PM

No r70, it is NOT too late. You are right in the second part, vote. What the Supreme Court did was throw all this to the states, and to every election in every state.

Please, please, please can we on the left lose this habit of giving up in advance, of always deciding that everything was decided four years, or eight years, or 30 years ago. Can we please stop this Game Over, Man, Game Over! mentality? It is not wise, it is lazy and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 72June 25, 2022 7:54 PM

THE GAME IS RIGGED YOU MORONS.

We are heading where the corporate overlords want us to head. They tell the government what to do in all things. How is it that you can't see that?

by Anonymousreply 73June 25, 2022 8:03 PM

Because r73, 99% of Americans actually believe Dump was Prez and NOT a pod for Mitch, Lindsey and Cruz. That's why! Being a DUMB American is the #1 goal for Americans!

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2022 8:09 PM

Actually, I think our "corporate overlords" were perfectly happy with legalized abortion everywhere. Pregnant women are a pain in the ass as far as our corporate overlords are concerned. Everyone is just a unit of production and pregnant women are an annoying unit of production and it would be better for every corporation if they all just aborted.

But that is not the problem here. The problem is Democrats once again deciding to give up in advance, on pretty much everything. We should stop doing that shit. It never helps, and it never makes anything better, and it is a fucking stupid way to deal with politics.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2022 8:10 PM

Shhhh, R75, don't make the tinhat head explode.

by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote] The problem is Democrats once again deciding to give up in advance, on pretty much everything.

r75 if you believe there are corporate overlords then you should know Democrats are just doing what they are supposed to do.

r76 explain what is tin hat about pointing out that corporations own our political system and set the agenda for our government. You don't think money has taken over our political system and that has lead to complete corruption?

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2022 8:34 PM

R37, how you got racism out of R36 is beyond me.

Maybe you're one of those people who sees racism where there isn't any.

by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2022 8:57 PM

Dumb president

AIR FORCE ONE (@CNN) — Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Biden **does not** agree with calls to expand SCOTUS, or eliminate the filibuster, throwing cold water on steps some liberal Democrats have called for in the wake of Dobbs.

by Anonymousreply 79June 26, 2022 1:32 AM

" black women utilize abortion services at a higher rate than white women"

And somewhere, Margaret Sanger smiles.

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2022 1:34 AM

The christofascist Supreme Court just canceled women’s personhood and what does the Dem party do? Biden leaves the country after a measly few weak words. Pelosi and Schumer go on recess.

IOW—the Democratic Party won’t do squat for women. Or gays. Or anyone who needs them now.

We’re on our own.

by Anonymousreply 81June 26, 2022 4:20 PM

Biden's age is not the issue as much as the fact that he lives in the past when Republicans would compromise. He refuses to accept the GOP that he knew doesn't exist anymore. They've been taken over by toxic, evil, anti-democratic scum.

by Anonymousreply 82June 26, 2022 4:24 PM

100% r82. This is why we need younger Democratic leadership who are living in the 21st Century. Fight fire with fire.

by Anonymousreply 83June 26, 2022 4:26 PM

R83, we need people like John Fetterman who will just put it all out there. Not afraid to call out the GOP for what they are - and he has the perfect look. They can't accuse him of being a "soyboy."

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2022 5:04 PM

Democrats / Liberals are losing because they're too civil to fight a Cold Civil War

They're utterly incapable of thinking like their enemies do

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2022 8:32 PM

Liberalism has a fatal flaw: No unified beliefs and a lack in a sole belief in black and white values makes the movement weak and often unattractive and the masses, who desire clear-cut rules of life. It also means that progressives and liberals fail to unify and March to the beat of the same authorities.

by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2022 8:35 PM

The old ones in power definitely are, R85. And they won't retire and let the young ones fight.

by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2022 11:12 PM

Because they work together. They are colleagues, not enemies. What will it take for people to understand this?

by Anonymousreply 88June 27, 2022 12:03 AM

R85 lol

by Anonymousreply 89June 27, 2022 12:04 AM

Facts

by Anonymousreply 90June 27, 2022 12:35 AM

Can someone tell me if anyone is actually challenging the Senatrice's buddy Dianne Feinstein?

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2022 12:45 AM

Totally fucking it up but deliberately. Why? They're raising money off this tragedy saying they need it to fight the elections. Hello losers! Put up a fight first! Impeach the supreme court judges as AOC calls! Show some action THEN ask for money!

by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2022 4:21 AM

What part of "Red or Blue neither side cares about you" don't you idiot's get?

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2022 7:18 AM

Fuck off, R93. As gay person or as a woman, I'll take my chances living in NY, MA, NJ or CA vs AL, MS, TX or MO

by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2022 7:29 AM

^Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2022 8:25 AM

Hehe

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2022 12:31 PM

How can they impeach the justices? Explain r92

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2022 12:32 PM

OP, the lead in The Newsroom DID say that (about the Tea Party), back in 2012. Say what you like about Aaron Sorkin, he had the GOP's number from very early on.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2022 2:15 PM

They are senile, impotent, worthless. I agree with this guy. Replace the lot of them with young progressives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote] It’s not hyperbole if Republicans want to criminalize basic freedoms.

R59 There is no such thing as a "basic freedoms". The Bill of Rights sets out basic rights. Abortion is not one of them. Neither is gay marriage. You may wish to keep that in mind.

[quote] Democrats / Liberals are losing because they're too civil to fight a Cold Civil War

R85They are "losing" because they are rudderless, leaderless and out of touch with sensible voters. They react, they don't act. And when they do act, their actions are incomprehensible to the sensible.

And finally, keep in mind that you live in a democracy. Nothing is unassailable.

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2022 2:48 PM

R97 here you go. Essentially, 50% votes in the House, 60 senate votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2022 3:03 PM

And do they have 60 Senate votes to impeach?

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2022 3:04 PM

Democrats are too soft spoken sometimes but the American is a big part of the problem too. The minute a progressive shows real determination and aggression the press will start screaming and wailing about civility. We need more unabashedly left-wing news rags.. What needs to happen are 2 things: ( 1) dems start getting aggressive and fighting back and (2) When Fox, NBC, Washington post, NYT et al start whining about what meanies lefties are dems tell them in no uncertain terms to shut the fuck up. No apologies. Oh and when news starts to leak about high profile right wing women getting D&Cs, I don't want to hear some whiny screed from some " feminist" journalist like Michelle Goldberg about how " I'm no fan of ( X Republican woman) but shaming her is super bad you guys. ". And when stories about male Republicans paying their mistresses for abortions, if the press refuses to report it ( which they will) dems need to name, shame, and scream the guys name from the rooftops. Get down and dirty just like Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2022 3:20 PM

Edit :I meant the American media. Not simply the American.

by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2022 3:23 PM

r101 No side is getting 60 senate seats in this climate.

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2022 3:25 PM

Chuck Schumer isn’t delivering. He needs replaced.

by Anonymousreply 106June 28, 2022 3:27 PM

[quote] And do they have 60 Senate votes to impeach?

Of course not Miss Disingenue.

But let the house impeach. Let the senate put themselves on thr line and turn it down.

Then use messaging to smear and tar them. Rile up the base. Play some hardball politics. Not the namby panby “oh they won’t let us so let’s sit this one out Emily dear” politics that’s never worked.

by Anonymousreply 107June 28, 2022 4:01 PM

The Republican agenda is to destroy the left and rule however the heck they want. Institutions, constitution, democracy itself are not important to them.

by Anonymousreply 108June 28, 2022 5:48 PM

Biden and Democrats still aren’t stepping up in this moment. His response is so Tepid and weak. Why aren’t directly Democrats saying, “Iif you vote Republican, you’re voting for fascism and authoritarianism?”

by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2022 7:13 PM

Some new details on the Biden-McConnell deal:

1. Biden agreed to name Chad Meredith, an anti-abortion advocate, to a federal court in Kentucky in exchange for McConnell's promise that he would stop blocking Democrats' picks for U.S. Attorney in Kentucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2022 7:15 PM

Kamala Harris was very good in the OP’s video.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2022 7:19 PM

She was alright relative to other Democrats. But imagine a Republican politician if a court decision went opposite of their stance. There would be much more strong, emotive fiery language

by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]Biden agreed to name Chad Meredith, an anti-abortion advocate, to a federal court in Kentucky in exchange for McConnell's promise that he would stop blocking Democrats' picks for U.S. Attorney in Kentucky.

I want Schumer's head on a spike. It makes me spit blood from an ulcer to know this weak bitch represents my state. Motherfucker, we pay a shitload in taxes and have 20M people. How the fuck do you allow this hick from a leech state without a pot to piss in and a population half NYC's to have bigger balls than you?

Go ahead, "shmuck" (the word that is the only reason you ever won in the first place), put another failed bill to a vote knowing it will fail because some "history" book will remember you were a failed bitch over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2022 7:29 PM

Republicans understand the power of culture wars to not only distract voters from how skewed toward the wealthy their policies are, but to harness the resentment and rage Middle America had toward cultural elites, people of color, big city residents, gays, feminists, areligious, and intellectuals.

by Anonymousreply 114July 1, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote]I want Schumer's head on a spike. It makes me spit blood from an ulcer to know this weak bitch represents my state. Motherfucker, we pay a shitload in taxes and have 20M people. How the fuck do you allow this hick from a leech state without a pot to piss in and a population half NYC's to have bigger balls than you?

Halleluiah! My thoughts exactly. Fuck that hick McConnel and fuck his backward shithole state. And fuck Schumer for having no balls whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 115July 1, 2022 7:50 PM

Schumer is so bad at politics. So wimpy and unexciting

by Anonymousreply 116July 1, 2022 7:55 PM

Schemer is there for Wall Street, the big banks, Israeli interests, and his other big NYC mega-donors. Keeping Senate Democrats cohesive and focused, implementing and leading successful strategies, and out-flanking the cunning and wicked McConnell, are not talents he possesses at a high level.

He can continue to serve NY, but a new, very competent, and energetic leader is sorely needed.

by Anonymousreply 117July 1, 2022 9:19 PM

Schumer^

by Anonymousreply 118July 1, 2022 9:20 PM

R118, I like "Schemer."

A friend grew up in Midwood, where he started out serving in Congress. Some of his constituents knew him as "Chuck Schmuck."

by Anonymousreply 119July 1, 2022 9:26 PM

He is so feckless. He can’t even speak without reading his speech

by Anonymousreply 120July 1, 2022 9:31 PM

Why aren’t Democrats and progressives unable to collectively use terms and catch phrases that resonate with Middle America? Republicans have been able to make people think they are vanguards pf freedom by continually messaging their agenda as pro freedom? Why aren’t Democrats doing the same with their agenda in light of these SCOTUS decisions?! I rarely hear liberals use the term

by Anonymousreply 121July 1, 2022 10:18 PM

David Hogg: FDR didn’t just tell people to vote harder when scotus stood in the way. He took matters into his own hands and called for the expansion of the court. The court is about to end our constitutional republic as we know it with the independent state legislature case. Expand the court

by Anonymousreply 122July 2, 2022 12:10 AM

Why aren’t Democrats and progressives able to collectively use terms and catch phrases that resonate with Middle America?

by Anonymousreply 123July 2, 2022 12:11 AM

Schumer and Pelosi are not wartime leaders. Both gutless. The fact that Pelosi backed an anti-choice Dem, showed what an asshole she is. She needs to just retire and go watch her drunkard husband.

by Anonymousreply 124July 2, 2022 12:30 AM

Is abortion a Constitutional right?

by Anonymousreply 125July 2, 2022 12:42 AM

[quote]Schumer and Pelosi are not wartime leaders. Both gutless.

Schumer isn't gutless. He's just stupid. I mean, really, really stupid. Dumber than a box of hair.

by Anonymousreply 126July 2, 2022 12:43 AM

R124, so you’re willing to let Republicans take that critical congressional district?

by Anonymousreply 127July 2, 2022 1:11 AM

R127, she's in SF for Heaven's sake. I assure you, another Dem will take it. Just like I know that shit Schumer could step down and a (D) will replace him.

by Anonymousreply 128July 2, 2022 1:45 AM

No, Cuellar is perfect for his district. Cisneros is too liberal. Texas Latinos are swinging conservative

by Anonymousreply 129July 2, 2022 2:10 AM

You either confront fascism, or surrender to it. You don’t get to outvote fascism, that’s not how fascism works.

I hope our leaders have what it takes, because it’s coming.

by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2022 12:53 PM

Democrats finally realize that polls only count on election day. That Americans have the memories of gnats and if you don't talk about bad news, you can spin the news cycle. Republicans have conditioned the American voter that elections are like reality shows. Or vice versa, and the J6 Committee Hearings are being PRODUCED by a veteran news agency pro. Imagine if Dems had produced the entire Grab em by the Pussy episode? All this bla-bla-bla about Dems not doing enough...wait until early voting. October is going to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2022 1:04 PM

[quote] I want Schumer's head on a spike. It makes me spit blood from an ulcer to know this weak bitch represents my state. Motherfucker, we pay a shitload in taxes and have 20M people. How the fuck do you allow this hick from a leech state without a pot to piss in and a population half NYC's to have bigger balls than you?

Appreciate this, R113. You’ve encapsulated Schumer’s incompetency.

It is incomprehensible at this point that he is any sort of “leader”.

The fact that he “leads” the Dems in the Senate at this juncture in history is beyond depressing.

He should have been replaced years ago. Yet another incompetent failure on the part of the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2022 1:23 PM

But do Democrats actually realize that r131?

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2022 1:24 PM

R133, we are seeing it in action.

Have you seen the ratings for the J6 Committee Hearings?

by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2022 1:44 PM

around 13 million people, but who are these 13 million? Are they swing voters, independents? Or are they overwhelmingly liberal and progressive voters who were gonna vote Democratic no matter?

by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2022 1:56 PM

13 million is 13 million

By any measure, J6 Hearings are a success

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2022 2:49 PM

I hope so, but it depends on how you define success

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2022 2:52 PM

Yesterday, ABC interviewed some person at an abortion clinic in Florida. I would have assumed she was a lesbian but these days? Very masculine. Anyway, she said the women most affected by this are - of course - women of color and queer women. Huh? Lesbians fucking around with guys now? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2022 2:53 PM

You realize that a lot of lesbians end up having babies with men, the biological way?

by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2022 2:59 PM

A lot?

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2022 3:00 PM

Young lesbians and bisexual women are roughly twice as likely as those who identify as heterosexual to have a teen pregnancy, according to previously published research, and this new study — conducted by researchers at Harvard, the City University of New York and San Diego State

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2022 3:02 PM

Facts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2022 3:03 PM

Likewise, I know of so many black and brown gay dudes who had kids while teenagers

by Anonymousreply 143July 3, 2022 3:03 PM

R139 if lesbians are having sex with a man to have a baby, why would they want to abort the baby? Make that make sense.

by Anonymousreply 144July 3, 2022 3:06 PM

David Atkins: And don't get me wrong: I mostly like Biden, Pelosi & Schumer. They're decent people trying to navigate toward the right thing, mostly.

But they just seem unwilling to let go of a past that is never coming back, and they have rose-colored glasses about how good it ever was.

by Anonymousreply 145July 5, 2022 1:31 AM

Atkins: Newsom & Pritzker talk like they understand what the moment requires.

Biden, Pelosi & Schumer do not. Our national leaders act like there is still bipartisanship to be had, some way to get back to the "good old days."

There is not. Those days are over, and they were never good.

by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2022 1:32 AM

And how will the future be better?

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2022 1:37 AM

OP you are lame Fucks News channels shill. There are millions less Repthuglicunts in this country. They fucking gerrymandered so many districts to their favor. They packed the Supreme Court with a bunch of rogue fascists. They are implementing the tyranny of the minority and that is not a democratic means of governing.

by Anonymousreply 148July 5, 2022 1:38 AM

[quote]Dem politicians use pathetic words like “tragic,” “sad,” or “DISAPPOINTED” to describe their reaction to over half of the population’s autonomy bring rescinded.

They are only disappointed. It doesn't affect them. They're all millionaires. They can afford to go to another state or even another country if they or a family member needs an abortion. And they can afford to do it on a private jet.

They've sat back for 40 years and watched as the republicans have chipped away at every aspect of abortion and Roe. And they did NOTHING.

The repugs are going to wok on banning all forms of birth control. And they won't lift a finger to stop them. They actually could codify/ratify the right to birth control. But they won't do that. They wouldn't have anything else left to use for fundraising.

by Anonymousreply 149July 5, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]OP you are lame Fucks News channels shill. There are millions less Repthuglicunts in this country. They fucking gerrymandered so many districts to their favor. They packed the Supreme Court with a bunch of rogue fascists. They are implementing the tyranny of the minority and that is not a democratic means of governing.

Yes, and the democrats can barely be bothered to fight back. They sit back and watch the republicans work their asses off. The democrats just want to do the bare fucking minimum and collect their paycheck, and of course do lots of insider trading.

That's the only time I ever saw that old, greedy, bitch, nancy pelosi hustle is when she was fighting tooth and nail to keep politician insider trading legal. Because being worth $190 million isn't enough for her. $he want$ more

The democrats simply refuse to lift a finger to save democracy.

by Anonymousreply 150July 5, 2022 2:59 AM

[quote]The repugs are going to wok on banning all forms of birth control.

Translation: More white babies! Birth rates among whites, esp. middle/upper income whites have stagnated and they want to reverse that.

by Anonymousreply 151July 5, 2022 3:05 AM

R151 problem is there are going to be a lot more black and brown babies.

by Anonymousreply 152July 7, 2022 7:26 PM

Pro-life = more abortion.

Abortion will be astronomical in the next 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 153July 7, 2022 7:36 PM

R152: If too many brown and black women get pregnant, many states will bring back their offical sterilization programs.

by Anonymousreply 154July 7, 2022 8:04 PM

Biden won’t even ACT like he wants to do anything for abortion rights. His EO won’t do a thing.

I really thought he’d be better than this. But he and Chuck are mostly useless. Nancy would do something, if she didn’t have these two in her way.

by Anonymousreply 155July 8, 2022 10:05 AM

Like many nominal prochoice Americans, Biden is conflicted about abortion. He says he thinks Dobbs was a bad decision, but he finds abortion morally problematic or offensive.

by Anonymousreply 156July 8, 2022 11:11 AM

Well I for one think abortion is a far more import than gay marriage; and if a choice between the two has to be decided, then the majority of people need to pick abortion. If gay marriage is under threat, then it has to put on the back burner for the time being, as the abortion issue has far larger implications for society as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 157July 8, 2022 1:27 PM

You think murdering innocent babies is more important than people marrying whom they love? Sick

by Anonymousreply 158July 8, 2022 2:42 PM

R158 thinks a 10yo raped by her uncle should go through the hell of her little body giving birth.

by Anonymousreply 159July 8, 2022 2:52 PM

R158, why should anyone give a shit about your right to "love" when you couldn't give less of a shit about ruining the entire life of a 10yr old child?

by Anonymousreply 160July 8, 2022 2:54 PM

With gender identity politics you will not need to worry about same sex marriage becoming illegal because you can just change your gender just as easily as your hair color, if it were only that easy for a 10 year old rape victim to have that kind of right and body autonomy.

by Anonymousreply 161July 8, 2022 5:15 PM

[quote]I really thought he’d be better than this.

Seriously? This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. He doesn't have good sense.

by Anonymousreply 162July 10, 2022 1:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!