Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Every American that is not straight, white and male should be terrified after today

Specially those that are POC.

If they can abolish a 50 year old right, no other right is safe. Black people should be specifically terrified.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 9:45 AM

They overturned a 108 year old NY gun law. Traditional apparently must go back to the founding fathers for it to count.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 7:07 AM

The right has been dismantling their voting rights for years now.

Could there be a pendulum swing to the left again?

Somehow I doubt it. The right has become so Machiavellian - and with the money and infrastructure on their side, I don't see how they can ever be defeated.

Oh well, even Rome fell, and it lasted what? 500 years? We're still stumbling newbies - well, now fallen.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 7:09 AM

At least the E.U. is waking up to the fact the US cannot be trusted to have their backs. 500 million people ought to be able to take the mantle of upholding progressive tradition against authoritarianism and theocracy (which is where we're headed)

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 7:11 AM

Fat, ugly, anti-abortion Latinos are loving this, but they will come to regret it soon.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 7:18 AM

I was wondering when you all would get around to threatening your African American props... as you've long been targeting your latinx.

Nothing says leftism like all the discussions to protest interracial marrriages because Clarence Thomas is in one...

the klan never really left the democrats, did it?

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 7:25 AM

Fuck off fascist, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 7:28 AM

Pick a topic, divert into a bitching session about woke and/or trans, mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 7:31 AM

Clarence Thomas is a black man.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 8:48 AM

No, they will not touch blacks and anti racist legislation. Unfortunately, I think it will be gays next.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 8:51 AM

OP - You’ve now started multiple threads. Dial it back some. Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 9:05 AM

R4 Yeah a Brooklyn seacow and his hooved Family were rejoicing on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 9:08 AM

R8 On the outside.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 9:08 AM

OP is a typically tiresome Wokey absolutely obsessed with white privilege. R4 has it right. Catholic latinos are just one of the groups that don't fit the Woke script who support the ban.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 9:11 AM

Why not focus on the fact that Roe will hurt women of all races. It will hurt poor women mostly who can’t afford to travel. No need to turn this into an argument about other groups. I hate woke nonsense but the fascists on the right are a different level of evil.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 9:33 AM

R13

"tiresome Wokey absolutely obsessed with white privilege" "Woke script"

Mr. Carlson? Tucker? Is that you? I'd like to place a complaint about a hair that I found in one of your family's tv dinner products. Also, I would like to complain about insufficient racism in your nightly news program. I would change the channel, but I can't find the clicker!

Anyways, don't take this wrong way. Usually I find you to be a hoot!

-signed Grandpa Carl in Hesperia, Michigan grandpacarl@aol.com

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 9:43 AM

The next target is public schools. SCOTUS is already pushing for the reinstitution of segregation, aka “school choice,” through so-called religious freedom bills. The ultimate goal is overturning Brown vs the Board of Education, which is why Republican politicians have been accelerating their rhetoric about “groomers”and “CRT” invading the schools for the past several months.

I think reversing gay rights will come next, but the Republicans desperately wants SCOTUS to move quickly on overturning Brown V. BOE, lest Clarence Thomas bites the dust before that’s accomplished..

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 9:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!