Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ROE v WADE IS GONE! What can be done now?

Things are getting pretty heated on streets. What can we do to stop the Supreme Court from legislating from the bench?

by Anonymousreply 181July 5, 2022 12:22 PM

It’s strange that it took this long for people to get that we a have rouge Supreme Court, but what can Biden, NDP Schumer do to stop it?

Can Biden issue an Executive Order to put a stay on the ruling that will see women dying now from dangerous miscarriages? I always ask this, but there no answer.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2022 3:54 AM

They need to start a revolution against the SC 6 and hang them from the steps, Then Susan Collins, Joe Manchin (burn him to DEATH in his yacht) Mitch & Rand Paul, Miss Rubio, Miss Graham and anyone else with an R-Thiel, the Koch Brothers, any money Rethugs who gave $$$ to the R's...Mike Pence.. Sinema, Gaetz, Hoe-bert, mtg, Miss Madison

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2022 3:59 AM

WATCHING LIVE MSNBC…

There’s a bunch of hysterically angry women taking to the streets now.

Where were they the past few months? Weeks? Days?

These suburban white women are the same hypocrites who voted for Dump and now they can be raped by a big black cock and be forced to give birth.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2022 4:09 AM

In a way this might be a good thing for Dems, since it and other rights that are being threatened are the only things that might bring Dem voters to the booth this fall to avoid a mandate for a theocracy. Of course, they need to make it perfectly clear that this is what would be the result, but, that won;t likely happen. I have no faith in the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2022 4:14 AM

NDP live segment is stating DEMS need to get and vote, especially now. Well, duh! That really fucking helps now. Especially when these same white women voted in droves for Dump in 2026. I feel very little sympathy for such ignorance and deceit. These women feel so entitled sometimes and get eberything they want and no one can touch them. Now it’s😭😢😥

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2022 4:15 AM

NDP? Canada?

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2022 4:19 AM

I suppose most will blame Joe Biden (AOC/Squad/Berners already doing it), then act like Verruca Salt and not show up in November and almost half of all women will keep voting GOP because they love babies!

The women who would otherwise get an abortion will mostly just bitch, but they really won't vote much. Just a prediction.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 4:35 AM

Apparently, Incels have been raving on social media about whores getting fucked by Black cocks, a familiar theme on this thread. The line about voting for Trump was a nice cosplay touch, troll.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 4:48 AM

Nancy D’Alesandro Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 4:52 AM

If you want to get young dems to the polls, tell them that there's a pending law that threatens to ban smartphones.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 4:56 AM

r1 Trump is worse.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 4:57 AM

Go ahead you misogynists and blame Nancy Pelosi of all people!

Some of you really are fucking screwballs.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 5:07 AM

Now live news:

Reports that a 12 year-old was impregnated by a family member. She was scheduled to have the procedure today, but they had to turn her and mother away.

This so fucked up on so many levels. Of course it happened in Texas! If this girl dies, they should hang Abbott in the city square! That’s Dem dere Justice fer ya!

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 5:12 AM

Courts have ALWAYS legislated from the bench. Their job is, among other things, to literally review the propriety of legislation. So even if they're not actually passing laws, they are backdoor legislating by overturning or upholding laws. There's nothing that can be done with the court. We can protest decisions and work harder to make sure it's Democrats who are in position to appoint justices, but there's nothing that can be done directly.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 5:12 AM

r12 She's a saint and Trump is worse. WE cannot hold her responsible when there are republicans making it worse. Elections aren't that far away. We've lost too much already. Even our miranda rights have been taken away. Biden might have supported that but he had to. The only thing we can do is support the Democrats blindly because otherwise the terrorist Republicans win. Pelosi's eyebrows are beautiful. BEAUTIFUL.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 5:14 AM

r14 Sure, there is.

Infilitrate the Republican Party.

It would have to be done en masse. . . welll, in wide enough scope, to provide enough key figures in strategic areas; i.e. where there are more progressive reds. All we need is a stable foothold.

but unfortunately, most are not stable enough for long-term initiatives. . .

We use chapters from fmr sec of state Hillary's playbook for regime changes. Most are aware of her hard shifts but the softsells were quite machiavellian and was able to change the social political dynamic within three years from start. Which was bypassing the radical fringes and moving the moderates to the opposition -- something which might happen organically, anyway.

The Republican Party was on the brink of heading into a new progressive area ... well, for republicans. It was their presidential election loss that sent them scurrying back to the comforts of the ol' faithful tactics.

Even just getting RINOs elected would be enough, whether it's in socially liberal, fiscally conservative regions or the much harder sell, given the opposition from Ds, but would devalue current tactics of Rs, if its in areas they have little chance of ever winning. Of course, as govt, such people would likely end up in a role to the equivalent of what AOC represents.

But the main reason that would seem like a pipe dream isn't because of the right but rather the left.

so, if you can't defeat the polarization which leads to the greater extremes, then there's little room left but to hijack the platform of the other side. Take one for the team and become the lesser villain.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 5:42 AM

However, this particular Wild Bunch of Justices cherry picks cases they will deliberate on not because they challenged the Constitution and we needed clarification, but this court targeted voter rights allowing gerrymandering (that’s not protection, but trying to get around legislations). They targeted Abortion and gun rights. Even as we speak, this radicalized courts are allowing Texas to break the law by allowing vigilantes to make citizen arresrts while clawing back NYs gun control law

They are targeting settled laws and throwing out long-held precedents to create their own legislation. One cannot refute this.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2022 6:06 AM

Court decisions are always political. If 90 percent of the public wants Jews gassed, the judges will make it happen . A constitution means zero.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2022 6:59 AM

Women have to stop killing their babies and Mexicans have to be sent back to Mexico. It's called sanity.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2022 7:01 AM

You are clinically insane R19

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2022 7:06 AM

R19

"Babies" are what emerges from vaginas after birth. Abortions don't kill "babies".

Were you home-schooled, Rose?

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2022 7:07 AM

At least we get a breather from the trans trolls.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2022 7:31 AM

R18. Apples and oranges. 70% of Americans are in favor of keeping Roe.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2022 7:46 AM

But they don’t vote based on this issue

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2022 7:50 AM

If 90% of people of people want to gas’s Jews, then you’re right, there’s nothing that we can do to stop it. The same in the financial sector. If an enormous amount of homebuyers decide they don’t want to pay their mortgages because their homes are worth less than the mortgage, they could just walk away…and what can the banks do?

This abortion ruling is highly unpopular - and I tell you what? Women and girls will be dying by the droves and their blood will be on those 5 judges Hans. I hope they burn in hell forever. The sooner (tomorrow) the better.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2022 7:54 AM

Hands

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2022 8:01 AM

Republicans and judges saw that despite polls showing a majority of Americans support Roe, all DFW energy and focus is amongst those who oppose it. A lot of people who support Roe support it nominally, want vote based on it. Politicians and judges know this. Antiabortion Americans have placed this at the core of their political life for decades. They have been Relentless, organized, savvy, and zealous for almost 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2022 8:10 AM

Honestly, where were the NDPs and Schumer this past week. All that focusing on the hearings - and now they act livid and surprised. The DEMS were. So deeply enraptured with 1/6 they completely forgot about the Supremes. I knew this was going to happen and was rather expecting it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2022 8:27 AM

R27. You forgot about how these 5 RePigs lied under oath to do it. It’s not that hard to win if one side is okay with cheating and stealing. Think about it. It’s always easy to play dirty like these Pigs did…especially those 5 hideous, perjuring CRIMINAL and FELONIOUS CON Justice. No…I don’t think it hard work at’all.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2022 8:34 AM

If they overturn gay marriage repigs are nailing their own coffin.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2022 8:36 AM

Kavanaugh worming his way language and lying, straight-faced to Congress.

CRIMINAL FELON!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2022 8:39 AM

R30. Let’s not be so self-righteous. Women form 50+% of the human population while gays are at 15%. Gays would add to nailing the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2022 8:41 AM

Clarence Thomas must be squirting like a can of Cheeze Whiz because his wife Ginny will be questioned by the 1/6 committee next and it won’t be pretty at all. Guess we should grant Thomas a week to jerk himself off dry. He’s having a brief moment of glory before the slammer comes down on him.

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2022 8:47 AM

R31, how is that lying? He never promised to uphold Roe. When Democrats tried to get him to vow it, he directly declined.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2022 9:13 AM

What can be done? Easy, vote vote vote!

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2022 9:19 AM

Well for starters, fish could start voting instead of constantly blaming men and calling for vasectomies.

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2022 9:22 AM

Gay rights next. We already have "don’t say gay" laws in states. Prison for gay sex

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2022 9:38 AM

In addition to voting (as each of us should have been) there’s some action being taken by state prosecutors in some of the triggered states. Meaning they can chose not to prosecute an abortion dr./patient due to other more pressing needs (I.e. more dangerous offenses than simply a woman visiting her legal physician), therefore giving prosecutors some wiggling room.

Still, there were many on the left like myself clanging bells, whistles and drums to get the our and the media’s attention of things that were coming down the pike, but we didn’t manage to divert their undivided attention away from 1/6.

NOW, these same news outlets and politicians are pulling out their hair screaming: How did this Happen? Oh my God! How, Where did this come from? WHERE have they been in the last 3 months since the DC memo was leaked? I started like mad beginning threads hoping to bring it more to our attention, but it kept getting buried under wistful songs ad Petty Annoyances.

We need to learn to keep our eyes on the ball on those issues that are crucial to our own lives. It seems everyone is coming out fuming. Too late. There was a small chance had we had these passionate demonstrations and attention to the abortion issue before this maybe it could have postponed it or stopped it.

Sadly, now that Roe is a fait accompli ,our remedies are far flung and desperate.

We must do better.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2022 10:10 AM

Easy question: If these religious-zealot Supremes could so casually condemn half of America’s population, how much care do you think they’d have to some 15%? (I won’t answer the obvious).

Well, writing and chatting with my friends here on DL is my way of healing. My apologies if I’m talking too much, but I have to let out my fury somehow.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2022 10:15 AM

Never miss an OpporTuniTy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2022 10:18 AM

I expect the republicans to cause a shit show like this but fuck the Dems for not codifying it, they had more than enough chances but they always like to use the threat of Roe v. Wade being overturned to fear monger some voter support, well it has ended just as people anticipated. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2022 10:19 AM

Hi, my name is Cyn Nickel and I’ll bet that even if by some miracle the DEMS manage to capture an historical majority in both chambers and with having Octogenarian Mr. Biden…..I’m sorry, but at their usual pace of action that would only give them 2 SHORT years to even get to the office. Much less codify anything.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2022 10:37 AM

R36. A lot of “fish’, especially the white species of fish, did vote. Unfortunately, fish can feel entitled and vote against their own interests. A lot of them are married and have enough kids, but now one Oops can cost them the house and then their marriage and then the whole school of the white fish family get disappeared.

That’s the thing. If you can’t control your urges and keep pumping out kids like popcorn, eventually you’ll lose your middle class lifestyle and end up with the poors. Indeed, birth control plays a direct role in the middle class and a family’s financial health included.

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2022 10:50 AM

Oh, the current Dems won't, they have no real fight to them. The Dems are in a slump and are scared of being edgy, they may offend someone. Obama had energy, hell even Hillary had energy and passion.

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2022 10:50 AM

Rhetorical question, but do you think you will ever regain your faith and trust in the wisdom of the Supreme Court ever again?

It’s a fucking joke, now reduced to a Religious Institution - a very feral, tribalistic and political one at that.

ABOLISH THE SUPREME COURT NOW!

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2022 11:08 AM

On what grounds can judges of the Supreme Court be impeached:

“The Constitution under article 124(4) has provided for the impeachment of judges on the grounds of PROVED MISBEHAVIOIR OR INCAPACITY.

However, there is no mandate as to what constitutes ‘Misbehavior or ‘incapacity’.

- USATODAY (Aug. 25, 2020)

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2022 11:23 AM

We already have misbehavior by the keggers against Kavanaugh….

And Clarence Thomas is physically ill and will be incapacitated soon….

Sounds like a juicy situation.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2022 11:26 AM

As per abolishing the Supreme Court:

This was the most intriguing article that makes it seem not very difficult.

Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2022 11:30 AM

[quote]If you want to get young dems to the polls, tell them that there's a pending law that threatens to ban smartphones.

How fucking old are you?

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2022 11:30 AM

Americans don’t get to abolish the Supreme Court. lol

Have any of these idiots read the US Constitution?

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2022 11:31 AM

^^^😂🤣😂

by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2022 11:32 AM

[quote]And Clarence Thomas is physically ill and will be incapacitated soon….

He’ll live to be 100, like Trump. The evil never die young.

by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2022 11:32 AM

Dump is not long for this world either.

by Anonymousreply 53June 25, 2022 11:34 AM

Even after all of this baleful wailing and tears, it’s possible that none of these transgressions will sway Biden to do anything. It’s the same I feel for Merrick Garland. They both have an ingrained sense of apathy….and I still would write in pen or pen or pencil on a piece of paper that I will eat my own words : ‘I was wrong’ and ingest it if Garland made indictments. I’m not a psychic so it’s just a feeling that he and Joe are too old for what we need to fight the Pukes.

by Anonymousreply 54June 25, 2022 11:45 AM

We are going to lose gay marriage next. It is terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 55June 25, 2022 11:57 AM

R55 terrifying for drama queens. Most gays marry opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 56June 25, 2022 12:15 PM

Eat shit, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57June 25, 2022 12:20 PM

This was shared on Twitter yesterday. I don't know all the details about it (I'm a guy), but apparently there's a potential loophole where people can get abortion pills in any state within 5 days. The basic gist of it is you can apparently set up a temporary address in a state that hasn't outlawed abortion, order them, then have that forwarded to your real address.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 25, 2022 12:43 PM

What can be done now?

Work within your state legislatures to enshrine abortion rights, repeal anti-gay laws on the books, and codify same-sex unions (even just civil unions) into law.

The amount of people who don’t give a shit about state legislatures is staggering, thanks to the media.

What else can be done?

Stop being sucked in by legacy politicians’ perpetual war propaganda. “VOTE FOR US or the other team will destroy you!” They have no interest in an actual victory. They want to fundraise and do things other ways: Executive Order (DACA), Bureaucracy/Federal Register (DOT masking), and Judiciary (Roe, Obergefell).

If Obergefell is overturned on constitutionality you know what is still on the books? The DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT which Joe Biden voted for. Why isn’t this repealed? If not, it is still the law of the land. So even short of codifying same-sex unions, our Federal reps still have it codified that they are BANNED and not Federally recognized.

Legislatures need to do their fucking jobs and stop fundraising on perpetual warchest propaganda. They’ve allowed the “dirty” work to be done by EO, Courts, and Bureaucratic rulemaking for too long.

by Anonymousreply 59June 25, 2022 1:20 PM

Why are you talking to yourself, OP? Dumbass troll.

by Anonymousreply 60June 25, 2022 1:26 PM

Go back to shredding RBG/It’s all her fault/ I’m a victim after all/ thread.

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2022 1:56 PM

I once knew a former Southern Baptist. She said she just assumed that the Bible must be explicitly anti-abortion because her church was so against it. She was shocked when she actually bothered to look it up, and found that the Bible doesn't actually forbid abortion at all.

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2022 2:02 PM

Yes you f*gs always need to tear down a previously beholden female hero to symbolize any set back and drag her through the mud for her failure of your righteous faggot self.

Please go back to ‘Gader tarnished her legacy’ thread and cry-cry for your victim, all-innocent selves. The Pity!

Hopeless, loser, it-Is-Some-Woman’s-Fault loser, my Mother made me into THIS! Can’t accept how your sorry ass really did it to yourself, asshole!

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2022 2:04 PM

It's only going to get worse.

There isn't one Democratic politician in the country who is fearless, charismatic, likeable, can get shit done, a clear communicator, isn't beholden to ideological or identity factions, has won a meaningful election before, is electable now, and can withstand or fight back against smears. No Clinton in '92 or Obama in '08. Thank you Joe for trying to restore the soul of America, but America is too far gone and you don't have the strength to do what it takes to fix it.

Put any of them through those filters and you get no one (the closest are Newsom or Whitmer). And until someone like that shows up, it's Trump II and/or DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 64June 25, 2022 2:09 PM

Gay is a private matter and the small number of gays who get married tarnish the community. Glad to see that the supreme court doing its job to protect america from crazies.

by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2022 2:15 PM

Straight men: I’m where I am. A fucking loser!… Because if my fucking bitch wife. SHE did this me! I made no choices or didn’t do no action for this ta happen to (poor) me. I hate that bitch. It’s because O her…I had no doin’ in it!’ ‘Am innocent -n- had no part it in. Even when I beat her to a pulp, wasn’t my fault. She knows what she done wrong……

…etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 66June 25, 2022 2:25 PM

Yeah, there will be an uptick in men killing their pregnant wives and girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 67June 25, 2022 2:45 PM

we need a bigger majority in the senate.

Joe Biden needs to simply by executive order (remember how turmp pulled those?) absolve student debt, raise the minimum wage, and mandate medicare for all. he has nothing to lose

by Anonymousreply 68June 25, 2022 2:55 PM

[quote] These suburban white women are the same hypocrites who voted for Dump and now they can be raped by a big black cock and be forced to give birth.

You're being hysterical! Suburban white women love BBC. They DO NOT love being told they cannot have 27 abortions.

by Anonymousreply 69June 25, 2022 2:58 PM

Grim. Mid term elections people. Vote Democratic Party! Register to Vote and plan to vote. They are in November 2022. But this is so important.

by Anonymousreply 70June 25, 2022 4:32 PM

Jesus. Loon thread, up, down, and sideways.

by Anonymousreply 71June 25, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]...it’s possible that none of these transgressions will sway Biden to do anything.

You ARE aware that the Supreme Court is a separate and co-qual branch of our government, right? And that President Biden or any president not only doesn't create legislation, but does not control the voting of the Supreme Court, or any court?

The VOTERS have the most power and they simply neglect it. The President has placed Ketanji Brown Jackson to the court and she will be a pro-choice voice. That was his job and he did it. He immediately spoke out yesterday about codifying some aspect of Roe through legislation which was never needed before because Roe was settled law for fifty years, but it is likely the court can squash that too.

I notice only sad Berners, useless AOC stans and other fauxgressives who probably didn't vote for Hillary or really probably don't vote much at all are the ones enraged by Joe Biden for some bizarre reason. They, like the Trumpists, think the President rules by decree, I observe!

by Anonymousreply 72June 25, 2022 6:21 PM

[quote]Joe Biden needs to simply by executive order (remember how turmp pulled those?) absolve student debt

Yup folks, we have our first Elizabeth Warren stooge who has turned this into the feckless "Cancel Student Debt!" argument. White people are so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 73June 25, 2022 6:25 PM

You have a wire hanger and an alley?

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2022 6:28 PM

“The majority of abortions in 2019 took place early in gestation: 92.7% of abortions were performed at ≤13 weeks’ gestation; a smaller number of abortions (6.2%) were performed at 14–20 weeks’ gestation, and even fewer (<1.0%) were performed at ≥21 weeks’ gestation. Early medical abortion is defined as the administration of medications(s) to induce an abortion at ≤9 completed weeks’ gestation, consistent with the current Food and Drug Administration labeling for mifepristone (implemented in 2016). In 2019, 42.3% of all abortions were early medical abortions. Use of early medical abortion increased 10% from 2018 to 2019 and 123% from 2010 to 2019.“

Women are not killing babies. Before 9 weeks, not only is it not a baby yet, it’s not even fetal yet; it’s an embryo. And only 11 women in 1000 get abortions every year, even with “abortion” constituting taking a pill while the embryo is pre-fetal. Women get ectopic pregnancies that have no chance of being carried to term; the fetus allowed to grow outside the womb would never grow to become a baby but would, if it grew, kill the mother. Plus women from all walks of life would be subject to suspicion and slander over miscarriages, which happen commonly in the first trimester, the same time when 92 percent of women get abortions. I predict that the result of this law is that a lot fewer young women will want to have sex that has any chance of being reproductive, for fear of being accused of murdering a fetal life. But I doubt they’d want to get married- not to sleep in the same bed or live in the same house with a larger, stronger misogynistic person who insults them all the time. More bisexuality for both guys and gals is probably the result. That and continuing social strife to divide the country. Most people can’t afford to take care of kids - are Republicans going to deal with the issue by cutting wages for top talent and significantly raising the minimum wage?

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2022 6:47 PM

Here’s a link to the study. -R75

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2022 6:48 PM

I like the idea of infiltrating the Republican Party. Go to one of the protests with a bunch of other Republicans, and carry a sign that says, "Stop abortion. Have anal sex instead!" Act legitimately confused as to why your fellow protesters don't like your sign.

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2022 8:42 PM

It sucks for them, literally, but smart high school girls will be giving more blowjobs now. Hopefully the young men will be returning the favor with a little tongue action down there.

by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2022 10:49 PM

R69. Of course, suburban women love the occasional BBC. But she wouldn’t want just any hung black dude some a-hunting her in her Newport Beach and rape her….(er, maybe she’d like that), but I swear she would not want to carry that baby to term.

by Anonymousreply 79June 26, 2022 9:09 AM

It’s funny how it’s so very true that a lot of straight men can never own our to their own faults. Isn’t this like the beacon trait of maleness - this is what makes a man a man, unlike females. Yet, they’ll never ever accept their own part in their loserness. Incels are the living incarnation of this phenomena.

**Warning: Long boring life story below. You need not read if you get the point already**

My own step-father is a loser incarnate. He’s a white, straight Christian male that was privileged enough to enjoy every single benefit that’s entailed with such personal statistics. He’s a clinically depressed man with addiction disorder. A dry drunk alcoholic who kicked around for nine years living life on his sailboat.

Now, he’s an 81 year old sorry sack who wants to sell our home to give his estranged daughter (whom he hasn’t had contact with for 60+ years), some inheritance money. He tries to call her, but she doesn’t care to talk to him. Fathers Day passed and he didn’t get a card or even a call from her, so he’s all moody and feels sorry for himself. He’s abused my mother on a number of occasions and I had to pull him off of her as he screamed ‘I’m gonna kill you!’ Yes, he blames his mother and now his wife for his sorry ass state of affairs.

I now have to get a lawyer involved to block him from selling our home. The gall of this old bastard to blame anything female in his life for his woes. Long story short, I went and bought a Louisville slugger and keep it next to my bed. The next time he goes after my mother, I’ve vowed to get that bat and swing away. Thus, ending his misery - and ours.

p.s. I’m not gonna wipe his ass if he becomes incontinent.

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2022 9:33 AM

R72. You need not school me in your elementary school civics, okay? I’m very aware of how it all works.

Why are you such an ardent advocate for Biden? That’s an equally enticing question. You seem dead certain that he is not bound or obligated to do anything. It is your blind loyalty and non-questioning demeanor that hints of trolldome. If how you FEEL is so irrefutable, than what the fuck do w need him for in the first place?

Why don’t you go back to your church and pray and clutch your rosaries.

by Anonymousreply 81June 26, 2022 9:49 AM

Gals, just keep your legs together. Or use your other two holes.

by Anonymousreply 82June 26, 2022 10:00 AM

If pregnant women can take the morning after pill, then how in the world do the Supremes and Pukes plan to enforce a clear-across-the-board-ban on all abortions? It simply can’t be enforced, like spitting on the sidewalk is illegal, but what can be done about it? Perhaps we are putting too much fuss in it all. After all, how many jay walkers do you know that paid any fines. Writing a bad check is/was a felony, too, at one time. How many of them ended up in jail. Our criminal Justice system cannot jail all women and doctors who carry out an illegal abortion. This is an example of how dumb the PUKES are that they make laws without the faintest idea on how pragmatic it is to enforce it.

Do you think this declared ban on all abortion may simply serve as a symbolic gesture?

by Anonymousreply 83June 26, 2022 10:05 AM

I can't wait til conservatives get 'religious freedom' codified into law. They'll be on the biggest boycott list in history. Shun them to filth.

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2022 10:10 AM

r84 I wouldn't mind visiting an atheist- or Satanic-only establishment at all, if it meant I didn't have to interact with those theocratic fascist fucks.

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2022 10:25 AM

This abortion ban can’t hold up in reality. So it’s just a dud, like a fizzling firecracker that never pops. There’s no way to enforce it in a any practical way.

On. BBC World News around, other countries are in shock at a time where such previously religious countries are now loosening up abortion restrictions.

ANOTHER REMEDY that we can easily do: How about these angry women boycott large businesses in these trigger states??? Yes, march outside of Coca-Cola headquarters in Georgia, DisneyWorld in Florida. Let’s get big business who are PRO-WOMEN corporations OUT of these red trigger states. This could lead to drastic job and incomes if these companies pull out.

Come DL! There’s a lot we can do because we are much more creative and talented.

by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2022 10:25 AM

America is now a Caliphate! Congratulations. We’re now like Iran and Yemen.

The sharif, he don’t like it.…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2022 12:21 PM

Anal sex will become the norm.

by Anonymousreply 88June 26, 2022 12:25 PM

Some black man please monkey pox ACB! Sneak into Laguna Hills and frolick with HW of OC.

by Anonymousreply 89June 26, 2022 12:36 PM

I know I’ll be labeled anachronistic, but shouldn’t those publicly-sworn Christian Supreme Court Justices have RECUSED themselves in matters regarding Abortion rights!? Do they not have a deeply personal conviction to overturn R v W.? Is it just me who can see through this lunacy? These 5 devout Catholic SC Judges had no right to make a decision on what should have been a non-secular decision.

What happened to our good old system of checks and balances? A time-worn construct that could have prevented this and future abominations? Why have we discarded such measures whenever it’s not convenient?

Maybe we need some good attornies to point out these 5 radical Xtian SC judges should have recused themselves from the ruling of Roe v. Wade due to their personal religious convictions? Can the likes of Allred file a suit or something to stop this damnation?

by Anonymousreply 90June 26, 2022 1:16 PM

See? Some things can be done to fuck Clarence Thomas before he kicks the bucket. He knows he’s not long for this world, so he’s pulling all the stops now. He knows we’ll reveal Ginny’s role in 1/6. So why should we let him get his rocks off at our expense by killing R v. W?

We need to fight fire with fire and nullify this Court’s decision because it was not an impartial one!

by Anonymousreply 91June 26, 2022 1:21 PM

Back to the subject, please? How do we get rid of this court ruling?

by Anonymousreply 92June 26, 2022 1:44 PM

These dumb MAGAT whores don’t realize that the abortion ban will only work towards proliferating fatherless black children! Not pure as driven snow white children. Most white women have accesses to abortion and/or Morning After pills. What a dumb whore, thinking she’ll get to shag Dump herself for going public with this shit burrito!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 26, 2022 1:56 PM

Our founding fathers did not consider nonwhites people so they should be allowed to abort their kids. Slavery should be reinstated for brown/yellow people fir same reason.

by Anonymousreply 94June 26, 2022 3:18 PM

People so worked up over their whiteness are pathetic. LOSERS.

I’d toss Gorsuch in with the Catholics since he was raised as one. Who knows what he really believes.

by Anonymousreply 95June 26, 2022 3:19 PM

The Federalist Society is a lobbying group for corporate interests and CONsevative (warped Xtian) values.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 26, 2022 3:38 PM

This is where we get those stepford wives* and poly hacks posing as jurists on the SC.

*see r93.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 26, 2022 3:40 PM

Again, shouldn’t this cabal of Federalist/Xtian hacks posing as Jurist have had to recuse themselves from any ruling on Roe v Wade? Yes or No.

Shouldn’t Clarence Thomas recuse himself should any matter concerning his miscegenated wife (Ginny Thomas) come to the Supreme Court?? Yes or No?

You don’t know, right. This is how libs fuck themselves, really…….in all honesty! They are their own worst enemy.

by Anonymousreply 98June 26, 2022 3:46 PM

R95 well, it's supposed to be a white country and humans fragment along racial lines. A country should be one race. Eventually, it will be one race because minorities are killed off during economic turmoil with astounding consistency . Let's not forget ,whites evolved in northern Europe explaining our superior genes.

by Anonymousreply 99June 26, 2022 4:31 PM

You can bet your Trump-loving ass that he believes in white supremacy which is codified by the Federalist Society. Learn to read.

by Anonymousreply 100June 26, 2022 4:35 PM

R81, you most certainly do need a civics lesson and like a psychological examination.

How many protests does it take to overturn the Supreme Court? The Supreme Court is the last stop, they are not the beginning of strategizing to change the law, it's over done, it's too late! Tell us all about the last time a President "packed the court!"

I'm certain you are a sad Berner who voted for Jill Stein and are very impressed with AOC, hanging on her every manic Twitter post!

"I'm NOT going to tell you to VOTE! It is a LOT more nuanced than that!", she screeches as perhaps the least effective member of the House!

by Anonymousreply 101June 27, 2022 1:24 AM

[quote] Eventually, it will be one race because minorities are killed off during economic turmoil with astounding consistency.

???? Most of the world is minority when exactly were they "killed off"?

by Anonymousreply 102June 27, 2022 1:46 AM

R101. I have never stated that Biden can single-handedly overturn the roe ruling. Put down the crack pipe troll! We are searching thru ALL possibilities, including stacking the Court and combined with alll other possibilities. The fact that you isolate that single option alone, proves you are a troll. So….your recommendation is to give up. It’s finito, game over. You are a stupid little shit-stirring apologist, so fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 103June 27, 2022 4:32 AM

And r101. as to your glib response regarding stacking the Court, of course it’s never happened before. So is overturning a 50 year-old Constituional right! So yeah, it’s a first time that a long-established, settled-law was eradicated by a bunch of rogue Christofascist Supreme Court. When was the last time we had criminals as a majority on the SC.

You’re too dumb for school, so don’t bother going, just marinate in your dumbshit puddle,mmmmkay?

by Anonymousreply 104June 27, 2022 4:39 AM

[quote]In a way this might be a good thing for Dems, since it and other rights that are being threatened are the only things that might bring Dem voters to the booth this fall to avoid a mandate for a theocracy.

At a certain point: you stop motivating people and you just make people think you're inept and not worth helping.

No matter what happens, he absolutely should not run again.

by Anonymousreply 105June 27, 2022 4:40 AM

[quote] It’s strange that it took this long for people to get that we a have rouge Supreme Court,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 27, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]...mmmmkay?

Overturning landmark cases has happened before, what the hell do you think [italic]Brown v Board of Education[/italic] was you chowderhead! You just like ranting to hear your own dumb voice.

Don't come for me till you smarten up, r104, mmmmkay?

by Anonymousreply 107June 27, 2022 4:46 AM

[quote]you chowderhead!

R107 are you from Boston by chance?

by Anonymousreply 108June 27, 2022 4:58 AM

Why are you saying I’m a Berniebot? You are the knee-jerk king of assumptions. I never (and would never) dream of supporting Bernie. I’m a dyed in the wool Hillary voter. I voted for in EVERY race she entered.

Presume much???

And I agree Biden is a lame duck - but he’s all we’ve got for now. I would not vote for him again and I hope he hangs it up in 2024. He will not be re-elected and the prospect of KH stepping is like an albatross Arendt his neck. BUT….that bridge is 2 years away, mmmkay?

by Anonymousreply 109June 27, 2022 5:01 AM

Leave me out of it!

by Anonymousreply 110June 27, 2022 5:04 AM

^^^😂🤣

…is an albatross AROUND his neck.

by Anonymousreply 111June 27, 2022 5:07 AM

What would happen if some women in these trigger states simply move to a safe state? It may take time to save money, but if I was ever in such a circumstance, I’d fucking move! The only ones that have to stay are the minorities and the poors. Ole Miss will become a third-world state!

by Anonymousreply 112June 27, 2022 5:46 AM

Here’s your Daddy telling you women to sit down and fucking deal with it!

p.s. come 2024 Vote for Biden.

Princess Leia “Help me Biden….you’re my only hope”

by Anonymousreply 113June 27, 2022 6:38 AM

^^^Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 27, 2022 6:38 AM

Elizabeth Warren:

“…in an op-ed published Saturday with Sen. Tina Smith (D-Minn.), called on Biden to declare a public health emergency in the wake of the court’s abortion ruling. Warren and Smith said such a declaration would “protect abortion access for all Americans, unlocking critical resources and authority that states and the federal government can use to meet the surge in demand for reproductive health services..”

This is why we need to primary Biden. He’s far to weak and fossilized. Seems his plan is to ‘wait it out’ and hope and pray we take both chambers in the midterms. In the meantime, pregnant 12 year olds may die and I put her blood on his hands (!) because he could do SOMETHING, including declaring a public health emergency.

But he doesn’t care - at least he doesn’t care ENOUGH at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 115June 27, 2022 9:05 AM

In terms of the Supreme Court, The sad reality is that, going forward, more than half of Americans will no longer bestow any trust or credence to this institution. They have been politicized, partial to the GOP, and has become nothing other than the extension of the Republican Party at this point. Why should anyone have faith in their biblical-based rulings? You might just as well see your priest, pastor or Rabbi…it has the same validity.

by Anonymousreply 116June 27, 2022 9:15 AM

What good is it to take both houses if he can't do anything about the court? He isn't going to do anything. I think he is getting really senile and they need to force him out. or use the 25th amendment. He can't run another term. He seems like a bumbling idiot now, I can't imagine him campaigning.

by Anonymousreply 117June 27, 2022 9:27 AM

^^Yeah…of course. This is how DEMS hand over power to the GOP. They don’t have to “win it” because the Dems just give power over to them. I have next to 0% faith in Biden now and I pray the DNC will primary his old, useless ass. Even if we win big in the Midterms, yee Oldman will wait for Garland, and wait for the Supremes to see the light and wait…and…wait….and wait. Until 2024 and Pukes will regain power because all the DEMS do is pay lip service and do absolutely NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 118June 27, 2022 9:36 AM

Is the USA experiencing a self-annihilation or something - such that we will go extinct due to a population decline? If that’s the situation than the Feds can enact measures to encourage births….but, as far as I know, that’s not the case. And even if it grew into de-population, existential reasons to encourage reproduction, our Greed gocpvt needs to heavily subsidize these births with $$$$, not prison.

by Anonymousreply 119June 27, 2022 9:44 AM

Errrr….but than old-ass Biden is telling his flock of Dems to play dead.

HE, JOSEPH BIDEN, IS PART OF THE PROBLEM AND NOT THE SOLUTION.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 27, 2022 9:51 AM

While we scramble our minds to offer remedies, Biden is there only to shoot down all of our hard work! He won’t even try to put pressure on the GOP. It’s like a redux of 2008 when Obama served eight years alongside Biden who simply kicking can down the street for 8 years. Did nothing about Trayvon Martin’s murder, not to mention the most deadly years of murderous cops gunning, choking the life out of his fellow Black citizens. That duo (Obama/Biden) was only successful of wasting EIGHT years when they accomplished so little by 2010 that they lost Dem majorities in the House and Senate in the midterms.

It’s repeating itself again if Biden and the DEMS lose the majorities in the upcoming 2020 midterms.

RE-RINSE AND RE-SPIN and REPEAT. The DEM formula of failure of do-nothingness.

by Anonymousreply 121June 27, 2022 10:03 AM

GO NEWSOM! GO NEWSOM!

VOTE NEWSOM 2024! VOTE NEWSOM 2024!

Get out these GEEZERS! WE CAN DO IT!

by Anonymousreply 122June 27, 2022 10:07 AM

Biden does not have it him for GOP’s mandatory pregnancy.

Dump et al. are taking a victory lap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 27, 2022 11:09 AM

I don’t know how these pro-choice women can abide by Biden. It’s simply a curse, isn’t it? The DEMS keep voting in a bunch of eunuchs and wonder why they get shat on. Obama was another loser…and they could’ve had Hillary! Sometimes women have to learn the hard way, but I feel bad that it’s so fucking harsh!

Just don’t fuck men and keep your legs closed and straight men will gun down the Supremes for you!

Blue balls are ROUGH!

by Anonymousreply 124June 27, 2022 11:14 AM

DEAR RIGHTEOUS SISTERS:

If big business have pressure by 50% of the population (women) they will have no choice but to leave trigger states. Coco-cola in Georgia, Disney World in Florida, etc. if women protested and boycotted these industries in these states, you’ll find the local, state government make an about face in favor of pro-choice. These Pukes worship $$$money$$$ than anything else.

If women had any sense they would protest pro-choice companies to leave these deep-red fascists trigger states, instead of wasting time protesting outside the Supreme Court.

Go after the money and profit machines and you’ll get the reversal you seek.

by Anonymousreply 125June 27, 2022 11:33 AM

I voted for Hillary but I know a lot of progressives that voted for Stien because Hillary wasn't perfect enough and they were mad that Sanders didn't win the primary/

by Anonymousreply 126June 27, 2022 11:34 AM

Teach these assholes, sisters:

PROTEST/BOYCOTT these companies if they do business in trigger states.

TEXAS: McKesson, AT&T, DELL TECHNOLOGIES, SYSCO, ORACLE

GEORGIA: The Home Depot, UPS, DELTA AIR LINES,ARBYs, coca-cola company,ELECTROLUX,COX ENTERPRISES….

OKLAHOMA: IMPERIAL, HOBBY LOBBY AVIS BUDGET GROUP

OHIO: KROGER, PROCTOR GAMBLE, GOODYEAR,

MISSOURI: ANHEUSER-BUSCH, PURINA, ASCENSION HEALTH,ENTERPRISE RENTAL CAR,O’REILLY AUTO PARTS

Go ladies, this is a starter list. Go after these industries and protest that they leave these anti-women states. These companies need good customer relations. Promise boycotts if they remain headquartered in trigger states.

by Anonymousreply 127June 27, 2022 11:49 AM

I can't really get rid of AT&T but I can boycott the rest.

by Anonymousreply 128June 27, 2022 12:05 PM

Here he is “I will do all that I can,etc……..

EXCEPT:

INCREASE THE NUMBER OF SUPREME COURT JUSTICES!

DECLARE A NATIONAL HEALTH EMERGENCY!

What a pathetic excuse for a champion of women’s rights!

GTFOH!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 27, 2022 12:06 PM

Imagine….!

Imagine, this man will do nothing but wait until the midterms….

Imagine….!

by Anonymousreply 130June 27, 2022 12:09 PM

Fuck you, Berniebots. Fuck OFF! You are not welcome to post on this thread. Go fuck yourselves! ,

by Anonymousreply 131June 27, 2022 12:13 PM

I hate that most see this as a woman's problem. I wonder how many men have considered the fact that DNA testing wasn't around before Roe and they will be on the hook for child support for eighteen years.

Society is also going to feel the impact of all these unwanted kids in a lot of ways going forward.

by Anonymousreply 132June 27, 2022 12:15 PM

Maybe it isn't entirely a woman's problem but women have to bear the brunt of pregnancy and being responsible for a kid for 18 years. Men don't always step up and they might try to get the men to pay but a lot of men will simply not work or work under the table.

by Anonymousreply 133June 27, 2022 12:24 PM

Mika? Morning Joe? says good points, but many Americans don’t know or have lived under FASCISM. We might not know what a bad word FASCISM is. Europeans nay know (Italy/Mussolini), but it’s a foreign concept in the US. We’re too dumb and lazy.

Texas women = crickets, Zzzzzzzzzz. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 134June 27, 2022 12:35 PM

It’s ASTONISHING how men have fallen silent. But we gays know how they came to bat for us. However, we’re a bunch of f*gs after all. And we’ll keep our powder dry and our balls tucked if it doesn’t affect us directly. Typical of male me-first mentality.

I wouldn't bother wasting any time…

by Anonymousreply 135June 27, 2022 12:39 PM

The first thing the gays said is what about us. What about gay marriage. Not a word about how awful women will have it. At least that was the first reaction. Now I'm seeing more people saying that. I was on a board with feminists and all the women including the lesbians were talking about how gays are like all men. Only thinking about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 136June 27, 2022 12:45 PM

Listen you f*ggots, if 50% of the population (women) cannot fight off fascist mandates, your sorry 15% have less than a snowballs chance. Don’t expect women to support your cause when you won’t support theirs. At least provide logistical, moral support even if you can demonstrate in the streets. There’s always a way to pitch in!

by Anonymousreply 137June 27, 2022 12:55 PM

MEANT:

…even if you CAN’T demonstrate in the streets. .

by Anonymousreply 138June 27, 2022 1:07 PM

Oh, but yes…the Supremes will knock down gay marriage! Fer sure! They just wanted to take down the big kill first. These right wing radical evangelists HATE GAYS 10,000X more than your average woman. They want CONTROL of women and DEATH for gays!

You are next….sorry.

by Anonymousreply 139June 27, 2022 1:18 PM

I'm going to open a back alley abortion clinic in my storage shed, Harbor Freight had all the implements needed for cheap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Murder the supreme court judges who overturned Roe v Wade with wire coat hangers.

TIna, bring me the axe.

by Anonymousreply 141June 27, 2022 3:04 PM

R139, correct. And in addition, they have chosen a pseudo scientific argument instead of the existing scientific one to oppose the modern medical-chemical trans movement. Their pseudo scientific argument consists of denying the existence of intersex people, something they probably chose because it meets the needs of evangelicals who want the word of the Bible to be literally true. But the truly scientific opposition to the trans movement would just be that the existence of intersex people is irrelevant to the selling of prosthetic parts and cross-sex hormones to the general public; that it is like the fad appropriation of a medical disorder, like chemically simulating cancer. If before a very small number of people (possibly intersex but not diagnosed) committed suicide because of gender dysphoria, then ending misogyny in the culture would have helped them because it was non-acceptance of diversity that made intersex people miserable. The sale of fake parts is a non-acceptance of diversity where the left came to an agreement with the far right that stereotypes were real and no one has been allowed to advocate for real diversity since, only for the validity of fake parts.

by Anonymousreply 142June 27, 2022 3:53 PM

A lot of gay men must be having abortions. Maybe if you had to cook the baby alive and eat it, you would see roe vs Wade was bad.

by Anonymousreply 143June 27, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote][R107] are you from Boston by chance?

Yes, r108, I am.

by Anonymousreply 144June 27, 2022 5:11 PM

Why is O'reilly aut parts on this list?

by Anonymousreply 145June 27, 2022 10:53 PM

Why not

by Anonymousreply 146June 27, 2022 11:31 PM

R143. Fuck off you misogynistic faggot. I hope you become patient zero for new, deadly version of Monkeypox! Do you like that? Hmmmm. I swear I can stab you with words, 10,000X more effective that your banal attempt. Mmmkay

by Anonymousreply 147June 28, 2022 8:08 PM

Here’s another damning morsel regarding Amy Commie Grin-n-bear-it.

Shouldn’t this cunt have recused herself based on this fucking FACT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 29, 2022 1:06 AM

R3=Mel Gibson

by Anonymousreply 149June 29, 2022 1:08 AM

Absolutely nothing

by Anonymousreply 150June 29, 2022 1:08 AM

Amy Comey Barrett is literally a “handmaiden”. Scary Shit! Reminds me of The Apostle (1997) starring Robert Duvall, a precursor to the Handmaids Tale where the priest fucks a underage virgin.

SICKENING! I can’t believe we have such a woman on the US Supreme Court in 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 29, 2022 1:13 AM

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

by Anonymousreply 152June 29, 2022 1:43 AM

Generic Ballot (National) Rep 45% Dem 40% 6/25-6/28 by YouGov (B+) 776 LV

by Anonymousreply 153June 29, 2022 2:42 PM

I’m not the only one that thinks the Biden administration is tepid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2022 12:45 AM

Well, Thank God! Multiple state courts are stepping up. It’s not a done deal that Roe is dead.

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2022 2:20 AM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2022 2:21 AM

Now, this guy, that Arkansas yee-haw state legislator is the living embodiment of why Evangelical Christian churches needs to be taxed like any other secular organization. Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2022 2:25 AM

Many news outlets, (CNN, MSNBC, et.) are claiming the Supremes reversal of RVW might have awoken a sleeping giant in women voters coming to the polls; the incriminating Jan 6. Commission will drive people to the polls and so on, fail to realize that we do not have an effective DOJ! Garland is MIA. If they won’t prosecute, than it will be a giant ‘Nothing Burger’.

Already, Liz Cheney is effectively doing the DOJs job of investigating Jan. 6th. I don’t know how Garland can sleep at night knowing he’s viewed so far as a universal failure who can’t even do his one job! It just keeps looking worse and worse for the DOJ and it’s highly-vaunted powers to be reduced to such incapacity and entirely ineffectual.

There’s no two ways about it —unless they are TIMING their assault to play out just before the midterms, but this is a 1 in a million likelihood.

by Anonymousreply 158July 2, 2022 9:51 AM

When pregnant women start dying due to RVW’s reversal and when these reports start making headlines in the news media, then maybe Sleepy Joe might get a shot of invigoration to do something about it - finally! We must realize that a man of his advanced years can’t possibly attend a G-7 summit in Europe AND address domestic crises’ at home simultaneously.

But then he can gird his loins in the next week! Although one can doubt it since the Jan. 6 hearings will command center stage next week….ah well, women, Dems the brakes!

by Anonymousreply 159July 2, 2022 10:16 AM

I still have a gut feeling that Biden will refuse to get in the trenches about RVW. Just wish it away, women. He’s got one foot in the grave.

p.s. maybe no one will die between now and Nov. 3. One can hope, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 160July 2, 2022 11:12 AM

Many people who say they are prochoice are fundamentally uncomfortable with abortion, or just plain think it’s immoral or a grave sin. Biden has expressed such a view in the past. He, like many Americans, say they are prochoice, but think abortion is wrong or a sin, which means they are not gonna expend energy on defending it as a right

by Anonymousreply 161July 2, 2022 11:16 AM

I'm sure they are very pro-abortion when there is a chance that a child could be born with birth defects or be profoundly disabled. It's just a grave sin when women do it to avoid disrupting their career plans or school or something like that. All the people who don't give a shit, it could be their own kids and grandkids who end up in situations where they give birth to a child who will have no chance at quality of life.

by Anonymousreply 162July 2, 2022 12:11 PM

My sister gave birth prematurely to my most favorite nephew, but it’s simply wrong, on all levels, to tell another person what to do with their bodies. It’s simply a power trip that has nothing to do with the sanctity of life. It’s about controlling and reigning over the “lessor” people who you conceitedly feel they need you to save them. That’s all it is. A need to impose your superiority, your values onto others - for supposedly their own good.

It’s sickening!

by Anonymousreply 163July 2, 2022 12:23 PM

If there was a way to determine a child in the womb will grow up to be gay that would be the one and only exception to the total ban on abortion.

by Anonymousreply 164July 2, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote]It's just a grave sin when women do it to avoid disrupting their career plans or school or something like that

Would you ever put such demands on the father?

by Anonymousreply 165July 2, 2022 4:11 PM

This cracks me up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 3, 2022 9:17 AM

[quote]It’s simply a power trip that has nothing to do with the sanctity of life. It’s about controlling and reigning over the “lessor” people who you conceitedly feel they need you to save them. That’s all it is. A need to impose your superiority, your values onto others - for supposedly their own good. It’s sickening!

Murder of humans is not okay. And it's not simply a "desire to control others" to stand firmly against it.

by Anonymousreply 167July 3, 2022 9:38 AM

R167, an acorn is not a tree and an embryo is not a human. It is something that has the potential to become a human, which is why women, who also view the situation ethnically, almost always have abortions as soon as they find out they are pregnant- usually in an extremely early stage of pregnancy. That is not murder. And if you saw it from a religious perspective, that same early stage of pregnancy wasn’t considered to convey fetal personhood even hundreds of years ago, in a religious society more conservative than our own - personhood was thought to take place at quickening, which starts at about 16 to 20 weeks - the stage when the fetus kicks. Only less than 1 percent of abortions take place in the 3rd trimester, and very few in the second trimester. 90 percent are in the first 13 weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 3, 2022 12:21 PM

R168, you speak as if all women have “always had abortions.” Many women who became pregnant in difficult circumstances have always decided not to abort because they thought it was immoral, specifically infanticide.

by Anonymousreply 169July 3, 2022 12:25 PM

[quote] If there was a way to determine a child in the womb will grow up to be gay that would be the one and only exception to the total ban on abortion.

Put down the pipe. Gays are already being castrated and drugged.

by Anonymousreply 170July 3, 2022 12:36 PM

“In 1973, The U.S. Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade declared all individual state bans on abortion during the first trimester to be unconstitutional. The “right of privacy” founded in the Fourteenth Amendment concept of personal liberty encompasses a woman’s decision to terminate her pregnancy. Through the end of the first trimester of pregnancy, only a pregnant woman and her doctor have the legal right to make the decision about an abortion. The court allowed states to regulate but not ban abortion in the second trimester of pregnancy. “ An embryo is not an infant. Roe versus Wade only gave total protection to abortion in the first trimester; beyond that regulations were up to the state. And if you consider how many miscarriages happen in the first trimester of pregnancy- it’s extremely common- you can see how calling an embryo a person could subject anyone and everyone to accusations of murder for having a miscarriage or even for going through life never having been pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 171July 3, 2022 12:38 PM

The history of Roe v Wade gives some insight into how politics have changed over the last 50 years. It used to be an issue that was about evenly divided between Democrats and Republicans, with both groups split in the middle on it, and no clear party stance. The Southern Baptists used to to be pro-choice, as conservative as they are - maybe because they were on average poorer? Even the ancient Greeks wrote about abortion cases- some thought it should be done because the mother was emotionally immature- in modern terms, probably very underage. And in some cases pregnancy happens to girls who are clearly not physically large enough to carry a human baby to term - like the little 8 year old a few years ago who only weighed 75 pounds. Studies have shown most girls have menarche when they reach a weight of 100 lbs; a pregnancy in a girl with premature menarche is not healthy for the child herself. And the same counties that are forcing these very young girls to have pregnancies often are not penalizing the fathers for child abuse, even putting the baby into the care of the father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 3, 2022 1:10 PM

Vote: super majority and the ability to codify women’s right in the law. Vote!

by Anonymousreply 173July 3, 2022 1:28 PM

The single most significant thing that would have reduced abortion is raising wages for work that is predominantly done by women. Women could have then had children while single, paid for childcare, and supported them. Instead you have marriage, which usually ends in divorce, human nature being what it is, and women who work but constantly feel disempowered because they barely make enough to support themselves, and men who feel resentful at the idea of taking care of their families, and especially paying alimony, after the marriage falls apart. Traditional marriage did not solve this problem, it just created no legal status or protection for the wife. It’s even been carried into the modern era / one of the defenses Trump’s lawyers gave when he was accused of marital rape is that there cannot be rape within marriage.

“Historically the wife was without independent legal status and generally outside the protection of the law. This was largely true in regard to wife abuse.”

People who think bringing back patriarchy is moral don’t understand to what extent “being moral” has always been defined by the people who make the rules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 3, 2022 1:34 PM

Roe is about limited options for women; options to leave a violent relationship, to not stay in an abusive one; also to not be subjected to assault like being kicked in the stomach or made to have an illegal abortion which could be harmful or fatal to the woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 3, 2022 1:51 PM

Remember Wilbur Ross screwing around with the Census data?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 4, 2022 3:43 PM

Link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 4, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote]Don’t expect women to support your cause when you won’t support theirs.

Sorry, R137, but it's the other way around. I'm tired of championing the pro-choice cause - vehemently, btw - only to have women NOT show up at the polls.

I'm still pro-choice - and vehemently so - but it has nothing to do with women's reproductive rights. It's because it doesn't take a rocket scientologist to realize that WE'RE NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 178July 5, 2022 9:12 AM

Thomas has said as much. But he’s not going to touch the Loving case because he’s a hypocritical pig. He should be made today’s Emmit Til! I’d personally go see his rotting corpse and ring bells and whistles!

by Anonymousreply 179July 5, 2022 9:18 AM

That’s an evil and vile thing to say ⬆️

by Anonymousreply 180July 5, 2022 10:33 AM

Clarence Thomas IS a vile thing, Miss Lindseybelle. Just reach for your smelling salts, please. It will all be okay.

by Anonymousreply 181July 5, 2022 12:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!