Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Any chance Biden administration can outlast Uncle Tom(Clarence Thomas)'s life span?

As long as Uncle Tom will be survived by Biden administration, this Roe v. Wade shit can be reversed almost certainly. How to run out of Uncle Tom life clock quickly?

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2022 9:06 AM

It would be great if maybe somebody could put a hex on him and he’d die suddenly. Trump too

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 10:05 PM

Only the good die young.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 10:08 PM

I don’t mean to be controversial, but I think we should consider Supreme Court reform.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 10:23 PM

R3 It will still be shit one way or the other as long as Rethugs are part of the reform.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 10:44 PM

Evil seems to hang on forever. I could swear that McConnell's been dead for 2 years already, yet he keeps showing up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 10:48 PM

Have Ginny sit on his face.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 10:51 PM

Getting rid of Uncle Thomas won't result in a reversal of this any time soon. There's still five other assholes hanging around.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 10:55 PM

Just vote in your states to elect Pro Choice legislatures. It's now the State's responsibility to set the laws. If you can't get the issue to define the candidate, then you need to work harder in YOUR state. Abortion can be legal in the entire country if you get to work on it and stop bitchin like this is the end of the world. It's not.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 11:00 PM

I bet there are a few folks who would like to pay him a visit snd show him their concealed carry collection.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 1:03 AM

I live in CA and it is being codified here. I'm not voting for progressives.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote]you need to work harder in YOUR state

But my state is already as BLUE as they come. I have no power to vote in other states.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote]I live in CA and it is being codified here. I'm not voting for progressives.

You should move then. Here's an idea, I hear "everyone" is leaving California for Texas. How about you jump on that instead of shitting on the state you live?

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2022 2:01 AM

Thom is the kind of person who never dies. He looks like he's 5' 9", 250 lbs. of lead.

He probably wants to do 40 years on the court.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2022 2:02 AM

I think we should re-brand the face of Uncle Tom as Clarence Thomas. You know, like "lock her up kind of thing". Just repeat it and post it every chance you get like they did. It would be only fitting that a Supreme Court Judge like him have to go to his grave with that title.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2022 2:04 AM

didn't Biden help to get Thomas appointed?

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2022 2:11 AM

NOPE! You got that all wrong Dear. He opposed Clarence Thomas’s nomination, and voted against him.

In retrospect, it was a different time, he just didn't go as far as others wanted him to.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2022 2:23 AM

I’m trying to cast a spell on Uncle Tom. Something tragic like a psychological break in which he kills his ugly wife and then kills himself. Wish me luck!

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2022 2:37 AM

R16 didn't Joe discount Hill's accusations of sexual harassment against Thomas? The documentary 'Anita' shows Joe assuring Thomas 'That you have the benefit of the doubt, Judge. and didn't Je apologize to Hill in 2019?

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2022 2:56 AM

^ Joe apologize

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2022 3:16 AM

R14, I just shared your idea with my husband, if we print his face on a t-shirt with either Uncle Tom or “Unkie”, we could retire right now. I actually think it would go viral.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2022 3:24 AM

You don’t think Biden is in on this? He is anti-choice. When will you people learn?

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2022 3:26 AM

Then what do you care r11? YOUR state is where you need to concern yourself.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2022 3:28 AM

If we don't go out to vote in November like it was a presidential election, we deserve what we get. If they get control, nothing will be done for the next two years and it won't matter if the three liberal judges all die on January 1, 2023. They will not fill the seats until after the next election.

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2022 4:07 AM

If they get control they’ll do worse than that. We’ll have to do that “Under his eye” shit before long.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2022 4:41 AM

Splitting hairs R18. Bottom line, Joe voted AGAINST Uncle Tomas to be a supreme court judge.

Go to YouTube and read some of the comments about the Thomas and Joe now. Repugs are all over the comments saying Thomas getting his revenge 30 years later.

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2022 6:11 AM

If you believe this article we are stuck with him for another 11 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2022 6:14 AM

[quote]If they get control, nothing will be done for the next two years

Actually, worse than that. If they get control, they will start fake investigations on every top name Democrat from Nancy Pelois to Swalwell, the "squad", you name it. Even worse, they can and will cut the funding to the DOJ forcing them to cut their staff and drop lots of the on going investigations. There's so much shit they can do to junk up the wheels of democracy it's frightening. And they wont think twice about doing it because they will be giddy with enthusiasm that they are going to return Trump to power in 2024. And dont think they wont try to stack the courts, they are just getting started. We are fucked, fucked, fucked if they win.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2022 6:17 AM

R25 Forget the YouTube comments:

Hill according to CNN said that she believed Biden lost control of the hearings.

A reporter from The New Yorker wrote that Biden set many of the rules that damaged hill and determined the overall fairness of the process

Ted Kennedy's advisor told The New Yorker Biden agreed to the terms of the people who were out to disembowel Hill.

Ohio Democrat Howard Metzenbaum was quoted as saying Joe bent over too far backwards to accommodate the Republicans who were going to get Thomas on the court, hell or high water

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2022 6:53 AM

Michelle needs to save the day.

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Forget about what pundits said r28. No one cares about bloviating of talking heads trying to sell papers. Look at what the people think, that's how you take the pulse of America. YouTube is a more down to earth slice of life of what's really going on. Read the comments, Repugs hate Biden for voting against Thomas. That's what matters, not the minutiae of the process.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2022 7:15 AM

R30 YEAH, WHY LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHO WAS THERE OR WHO FOLLOWED THE STORY AT THE TIME? Anonymous posts on YouTube are so much more informed😍😁☺️😁🤣😁😉😁😊😁😂😁😛😍😁

by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2022 9:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!