Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Leo G. Carroll

The quintessential English character actor.

Carroll was in some of the great films of the 20th Century- Sadie McKee, The Barretts of Wimpole Street, Outcast Lady, Captains Courageous, London by Night, A Christmas Carol, Wuthering Heights, The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, Tower of London, City in Darkness, Waterloo Bridge, Rebecca, Suspicion, Spellbound, The Paradine Case, Forever Amber, Enchantment, Father of the Bride, The Desert Fox, Strangers on a Train, The Snows of Kilimanjaro, The Bad and the Beautiful, We're No Angels, Tarantula, The Swan, North by Northwest, The Parent Trap, The Prize, and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 4:46 PM

He taught me everything I knew about dying my hair with coffee.

By the way, I WAS a senile, soulless rapist.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 6:38 PM

I bet he had a very interesting life.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 6:47 PM

Alfred Hitchcock's favorite actor

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 6:54 PM

I know he was over a barrel when tarantulas took to the hills

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 6:56 PM

Very WASPy

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 6:59 PM

And then he became Topper on TV!

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 7:21 PM

And he was utterly charming as Cosmo Topper, with Lee Patrick as his wife.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 7:27 PM

R7 Don't forget the St Bernard! Great show. And George and Marion always seemed so classy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 7:31 PM

Was he a HOMOSEXUAL?

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 7:36 PM

R9 No he was a bit player

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!