Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have any of you Cons changed your mind about your party or Trump as a result of the 6J hearings?

How has that been with your friends, colleagues and family?

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Nobody watched it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 12:10 PM

So it's not changed your mind R1? Did you watch Fox instead?

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 12:13 PM

I have a job. I don't have time to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 12:16 PM

The average Republican knows the Trump ship is thinking. Unfortunately, they are gutless, spineless creatures because they're afraid of the MAGATs, so it will be a bit longer before the rats start deserting the ship publicly.

Remember, when Nixon got on the air force helicopter on the White House lawn in August of 1974, never to return to the White House, he still had millions of supporters who thought he got a raw deal. If plain Jane Nixon inspired that kind of support, imagine what Trump's deranged fan base will do.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 12:18 PM

[quote] I have a job. I don't have time to watch it.

That's alright sugartits. You'll soon hear what it was all about and how it affects you and your job.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 12:56 PM

r4 it's those kind of reactions that keeps many of them where they're at. . . because the politics are all about the lesser of evils.

You'll find most tune it out because they see one day vs years of the opposing side. Now, of course, their memories are selective in that... but like you have no vested interest in exploring the other side to understand their perspective, they have no interest in attempting to understand yours.

Even if people from each side did come to an understanding... they revert back or face excommunication.

or at best, they abandon all of it... remove themselves from the conversation and go on with their lives.

Frankly, though, you should hope they push to extremes... when confronted with extremism, more people choose to walkway. . .

what's scarier than a return to trump is a return to the hard right... and convinces the public it's a moderate middle.

The Democrats will lose sight of the real battle if they stay too focused on Trump than just treating him like the clown he is. . . but they're afraid to let go because it's easy. Just as they need to put in the effort to transform the image of the Democratic party and revitalize the base... so, too, do they need to be concerned about the things worse than Trump.

The Republicans are more fractured than you might think but like the Democrats they pander to maintain the status quo. . . they don't know how to deal with this new breed of voter. And the Democrats all they have is a reactionary counter... if Republicans continue to move towards the proactive then Democrats are going to be left behind and crying about Trump, a deadhorse, won't be enough to handle all those that have moved in to take his place.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 1:12 PM

I don't think people are paying much attention to the hearings. They are focused on cost of gas, inflation, and crime in the cities.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 1:20 PM

I don't understand why, but according to the RCP average, Trump's approval has actually ticked up a tiny bit, and Biden's has ticked down a tiny bit, during these hearings.

My best guess is that everyone has already chosen a side and the J6 hearings have just hardened people on the side they're already on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 1:25 PM

Desantis has now overtaken Trump as GOP favorite for 2024, in recent polling.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 1:26 PM

[quote]The average Republican knows the Trump ship is thinking.

That's the absolute LAST thing it's doing, R4.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 2:03 PM

I had one last Trumper friend whom I had to let go last week. I loved that man as my best friend for seven years, even if he was straight. Yes, he knew I was gay. But, he has a miserable wife who doesn't want to do anything, so I was his escape from his world of anxiety for an evening. I lived fine without talking religion, politics, relationships, or anything meaningful. We were like two kids at the playground bantering and joking. He was like the little brother I never had, and it was fun.

However, two weeks ago he tripped up and gave me a bit too much information about his family. The worst part was when I offered to give his 17 yr old daughter a newly published, signed book by a friend of mine. It is a book called the 'Priestess Witch' designed for the teenage crowd who like that stuff. He quickly told me no witches in his home. I asked him, 'No Harry Potter'. He said no. I mentioned that he goes to Marvel movies and that Cumberbatch is a wizard in that movie. He just said we don't allow those kids of books in this house. I said, 'So, just like book banning in the libraries? She's 17, no longer a child and has human rights.' He then cancelled our next date and had ghosted me. Which is fine, as I don't need this crazy, loony drama in my life. It's just too difficult to live in two worlds. But, I will miss him.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2022 3:25 PM

Your only post, r1?

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!