Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Finally Enough Love

I like Madonna's music a lot for what it is.

It IS impressive that she's had fifty number-one dance songs in the U.S., and it's not surprising she'd cash in by releasing a remix album of all 50.

But do we need it?

Do we want it?

And how much money does one person need? What in the world does she do with it all?

I know we American people are supposed to worship money above all else and to value people according to their cash-equivalent worths, but she's now estimated to be worth $1.2 million, and this new album is just some printed materials and various remixers paid to switch up some things in her old songs to try to make them sound contemporary so she can chart again—and rake in more cash?

I find wealth at this level obscenely greedy and selfish, and projects like this to be lazy ways to throw out a dragnet and drag in bundles of money. Am I being too harsh?

I grew up in the 80s, when Material Girl and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous and Beverly Hills Teens and NYC real-estate tycoon Trump were the centers of pop culture and now all of it makes me feel nauseated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 2:26 PM

Her music can be good but listing her dance #1’s don’t count. Pretty much anything can become a dance #1

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 11:43 AM

It’s music of its time. Doesn’t sound particularly interesting to kids today

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 11:43 AM

Err, I meant $1.2 BILLION, obviously, not million.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 11:49 AM

These are new remixes?

I don’t want that.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 11:52 AM

R4 Yeah, you can preview a few on iTunes. Into the Groove sounds a lot like the original, and Ray of Light sounds more annoying than the original.

R1 The dance chart is easier to make (Hello, Erika Jayne!), but Madonna at least can claim she has more number ones on it than anyone else in history.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 11:57 AM

She is obviously dying. Otherwise why attempt to cash in so heavily now, get a biopic made, and keep running around flaunting what she no longer has?

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 12:39 PM

R6 From too much love!

Finally, her body said, finally—enough love! I can't take it anymore!!!

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 12:54 PM

OP, please take a writing class.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 1:02 PM

r8

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 1:05 PM

R9

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 1:11 PM

r10

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2022 1:19 PM

R11

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 1:22 PM

They are not new remixes, R5.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2022 1:34 PM

Sorry, but her music doesn’t hold up well and she hasn’t produced anything worthwhile in two decades. I don’t know who they think this appeals to. Her label must be just as delusional as she is. She had a good run.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote]but she's now estimated to be worth $1.2 million

No, she isn’t. Forbes debunked that. She’s closer to $500 million. Nothing to sniff at, but she’s not close to being a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2022 1:41 PM

OP is Mr. Disinformation

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 2:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!