Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lightyear Same-Sex Kiss... LOOK AWAY!!

Here's the ENTIRETY of the same-sex kiss in Pixar's "Lightyear" that's causing so many conservatives to freak out.

I know most people on DL have sadly already been turned gay but just think about how many unsuspecting people this less-than-1-second peck will turn gay. It's horrible, I know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2022 7:58 PM

"LOOK AWAY!!"

We did.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 11:01 AM

I appreciate the snark, R1 but It opened at Number 2. It's going to do fine.

The last 3 Pixar movies were only released on Disney+ and did very well there. I have an inkling LIghtyear might just get some eyeballs when it goes to Disney+ since so many people, due to the pandemic, have gotten so used to seeing animated movies via streaming now.

Really, why lug the crotchfruit to the theater and shell out bucks when you can just wait a few months and stay at home, warm up some frozen pizza, and watch on the flat screen.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 11:17 AM

That's it? That's the controversy? It looks like two old friends greeting each other

Everybody needs to lighten-up... Fast

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 11:21 AM

It's lesbians, not gay guys. Figures.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 11:34 AM

If everybody keeps falling for this shit the Right is going to take all your stuff and you'll never know what happened

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 11:38 AM

Most people won't give a shit. We also are "warned" about things like smoking in older movies, so I think this is something the right and the left do to annoy each other. "Your ways are DANGEROUS and people must be WARNED!!" Yeah, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 11:41 AM

That's it? No scissoring? No fingering? No flashing of meat curtains? THAT'S what MAGAts are freaking out about this week?

Yet, they're just fine with unstable 18 year olds being able to purchase AR-15s and body armor.

If he exists, Jesus must WEEP at their soulless stupidity. I do.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 11:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 12:08 PM

It's a freaking CARTOON!!!

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 12:39 PM

^ Sure, we all know what that "chicken hawk" stuff was code for 🙄

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 12:41 PM

All those years of seeing heterosexuals kiss onscreen sure didn’t do much to turn me straight.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2022 12:43 PM

WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?!??

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 12:43 PM

^ WE'D RATHER NOT

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote]The last 3 Pixar movies were only released on Disney+ and did very well there

How do you know how well they did? Each lost money of $100 million or more by not releasing in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2022 7:52 AM

"Each lost money of $100 million or more "

Do you mean each made $100 million or less than total budget?

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2022 8:06 AM

It's what Walt would have wanted.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2022 8:08 AM

Uproar over the kiss, but no complaints about the space dildos that her friends are holding?

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2022 8:14 AM

They're drinking liquor, too. The devil's nectar!

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2022 8:20 AM

[quote]Probably his spinning corpse is being used to power the parks.

This is why I come here. For the opportunity to genuinely lol at the quick wit and snark.

Listen...whether we like it or not, there are people who believe homosexuality is wrong/gross/a sin etc., and have mostly been looking the other way while the adults do their thing.

But when you start putting it in content specifically aimed at children, that's what sets these people off. Most will just silently boycott, not make a stink, and gracefully choose not to allow their children to see it. Others will go bat shit and start going down to capitol buildings to push for anti-gay legislation because they genuinely believe their children are being targeted.

I'm on the fence with this. On the one hand, I don't see this kiss as that big of a deal, but on the other, I can see how this is pushing the envelope and may backfire on the gay community. Perhaps when it comes to kids, that demographic should be avoided with gay messaging for the general population just to keep the peace. Rest assured they're lumping this innocent situation in with the more ridiculous and definitely inappropriate drag Queen kids incidents. Why give them more ammo? That's all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2022 8:21 AM

It continually astonishes me that heterosexuality is such a fragile thing. It can seemingly be destroyed by one same-sex kiss in a cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2022 8:28 AM

Always with the safe lesbian affection but never gay men. Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2022 8:32 AM

r21 pda between females is excused in many nations, especially when it doesn't carry lesbian overtones. a kiss on the lips is a just a greeting to many. If they had a bigger market in south and west asia we might see more men but China is the money maker and the govt is anti-male homosexuality now. So, what are you going to do? On the flipside, tho, I am surprised by the excessive increase of gay content with Disney now. . . sure, most of it is small bits that can be edited out but we see them picking up quite a few purely gay media too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2022 8:46 AM

[quote]How do you know how well they did? Each lost money of $100 million or more by not releasing in theaters.

I know because the of entertainment-biz reporting on the situation, R14.

The 3 films Disney/Pixar released on Disney+, "Soul" "Luca" and "Turning Red" all topped the ratings on that site and were all in the top 2 or 3 in views across all streaming services.

Those movies did very well for Disney+ and Disney+ "big picture" long term revenue for Disney. Getting and keeping subscriptions is key and having those movies ONLY on Disney+ brought in subscribers who will likely keep it for years.

But, sure, no theatrical release does make it look like those movies made no money, but they brought "big picture" worth to Disney+ and, therefore, to Disney Corp.

[quote]“Everyone is really bummed, but most of us get it. Families just aren’t going to the movies,” says one person at Pixar ---- Luca and Soul were among the most viewed streaming movies of 2021 in the U.S., according to Nielsen, though exact numbers won’t be released until later this month. “We were told that Soul brought a ton of subscribers to Disney+. Luca started off slower but essentially did the same,” the Pixar source says separately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2022 8:47 AM

R21 The fury from repigs would be ten times more if it was two male characters kissing. POC lesbians gives Disney the same woke points anyway

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2022 8:53 AM

Buzz Light-year and Woody are both trans.

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2022 9:26 AM

Walt would have been fine with this.

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2022 9:32 AM

" I can see how this is pushing the envelope and may backfire on the gay community. Perhaps when it comes to kids, that demographic should be avoided with gay messaging for the general population just to keep the peace. Rest assured they're lumping this innocent situation in with the more ridiculous and definitely inappropriate drag Queen kids incidents. Why give them more ammo? That's all I'm saying."

Well, my dear, I'm sure you have many reasons to be cowardly and to encourage others to be cowardly with you. Since you're a bigot, the fact that you are a coward makes perfect sense.

But I just don't take advice from people who have little to no self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2022 11:46 AM

Oh Lord, this queen ^

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2022 3:36 PM

It's called picking your battles and using wisdom, r27. If children's entertainment, education, activities, etc. is the medium through which you're willing to sacrifice everything and potentially risk setting the progress of the gay community back by several years, because we already know how insanely zealous these people are about their kids, then go right on ahead.

I, personally, just don't think it's worth it and have no interest in going back in the closet to start presenting as "straight and normal" looking as possible to avoid being seen as a "potential groomer" at first sight because I happen to be gender non-conforming. I just want to be left the hell alone, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2022 7:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!