Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn’t Brad Pitt do Rom and Rom-Com?

He never did what Matthew McConaughey/Hugh Grant/Cusack did…but why? He is every woman’s dream and the world’s most desirable man. I cannot think of a single adult romantic movie he has done.

Did this choice help or hinder his career?

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 1:28 AM

He did, with Auntie Julia, didn't he? And it flopped.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 7:13 AM

What about The Mexican with Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 7:13 AM

Legends of the fall made women fell in love with him..

and I think he tried it with The Mexican with Julia Roberts but it flopped at the box office. He’s now in his “Liam neeson -old man” action movie era…

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 7:17 AM

[quote]He’s now in his “Liam neeson -old man” action movie era…

Nah. He just won an Oscar 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 7:19 AM

R4, he is starting in an action movie…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 7:24 AM

But he was the first celeb whose nude photos I searched for on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 7:28 AM

In 1994, he was in the rom-com THE FAVOR, co-starring Elizabeth McGovern, Bill Pullman, and Ken Wahl. However, it did him no favors since the film was a big flop.

Luckily for him, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE and LEGENDS OF THE FALL were released later that year. He hadn't had a hit since 1992's A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT. In 1993, both TRUE ROMANCE and KALIFORNIA bombed at the box office.

I think 1995 was the year that Pitt became a bona fide movie star. THELMA & LOUISE in 1991 was his breakout role and A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT the following year continued to get him noticed, but it was the consecutive releases of smash hits INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE and LEGENDS OF THE FALL and then SE7EN and 12 MONKEYS in 1995 that cemented his status as a superstar. Also, he won the Golden Globe and was Oscar-nominated for the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 8:43 AM

[quote]Legends of the fall made women fell in love with him..

Yeah, that film may not have been a romantic comedy, but it was most definitely a chick flick. The Notebook of its time.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 8:46 AM

Mr. & Mrs. Smith was a rom-com

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 10:38 AM

R7 I saw that movie in a theater. There were 3 of s in the whole place. IIRC something about having sex with Ken Wahl from Wisguy before he went off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2022 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!