Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Humans

Where did they go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2022 9:38 PM

Patriarchy.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 6:04 AM

The agricultural revolution

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 6:22 AM

I think the agricultural revolution was okay. It was the industrial revolution that started the end of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 6:27 AM

Walking upright, I think.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 6:30 AM

The industrial revolution? We were already way, way fucked by then.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 6:48 AM

I aced this test.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 7:06 AM

Once the apple was bitten it was all downhill 🙄

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 7:17 AM

I don't buy that Adam and Eve snacked on the tree of knowledge. Must have been some other tree.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 7:21 AM

Before the Industrial Revolution we were small, agrarian communities. It was the move to industrialism that lead to overcrowded, dirty, disease-filled cities and huge population growth. That population growth is the basis of all our current problems. Humans are a fucking parasitic species and the industrial revoluation set the stage for our downfall by creating the perfect conditions for parasites to thrive. We've now used up our host and it is dying and we die with it. That's what parasites do. Before the industrial revolution, we were in a more symbiotic relationship with the earth and each other.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 7:24 AM

^ Good points

I also think we've done this before and just keep failing into self-destruction

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2022 7:29 AM

November 8, 2016....An Orange Idiot, a Kentucky Hillbilly, and an Evil GOP converged to destroy a fair and free democracy.....And America is circling the drain and we will now be forced to bow to the Republican Partys whims as they dictate how we can live or behave, even when rape is involved. They are the Overlords. History will show THIS is the day that started the dominos falling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2022 7:34 AM

The human condition of hate. Blaming others for problems, social discontent, ills, whatever. THAT is what has destroyed civilizations since human crawled out of the slime. See R12 for examples.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2022 7:44 AM

Opposable thumbs. That's when we started messing around with nature.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2022 7:54 AM

Sometimes i think it was when we began mass inoculations. It thwarted Darwinism and let a lot of people who would have otherwise died off live and breed.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2022 7:57 AM

Modern medicine was the worst thing to happen to humans and the planet. Before 80-90% of humanity died off from infection and disease. With the advent medication, surgery and vaccinations, 90% of those people remain alive. It's the principle cause of everything from the invasion of first-world countries, overpopulation, strife, land/water degradation, pollution, "climate change", "global warming", etc.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 8:06 AM

Homo Erectus was the beginning of the inevitable end. If only the prior species had evolved into something else, or not at all. I would be very happy at this point to have all humans wiped from the face of the earth and let it heal and be inhabited only by non-human animals.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 6:15 PM

"let it heal and be inhabited only by non-human animals. "

Yeah, that's the answer... Damn that evolution 🙄

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2022 6:18 PM

[quote]Yeah, that's the answer... Damn that evolution

Yes. Because....the advance of humans through evolution has worked out SO well....right? The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Relative to that age, humans have inhabited earth for a few minutes and have managed to pretty much destroy it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2022 6:22 PM

^ So, you think it ends with humans? That's pretty narrow, maybe something better comes after us

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2022 6:24 PM

[quote]maybe something better comes after us

Quite possibly, but doubtful they would evolve from humans, who seem to be an experiment gone wrong. Bring it back to the non-human animals, and maybe something different and better will evolve. Humans are tainted.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2022 6:27 PM

If something better evolves from a life form other than human then nature will have solved the problem

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2022 6:31 PM

R10. The reasons for increased population growth are improved sanitation and vaccines. Prior to vaccines 1/3 of third world under fives died of communicable diseases.

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2022 6:59 PM

^ We also have a penchant for exterminating each other, because God

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2022 7:03 PM

Humans suck

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2022 7:07 PM

Too many people. R10 is correct. Sedentary communities and agriculture gave rise to everything else--population growth, industry, high technology (IMO, everything other than fairly basic things like horse-and-carriages, irrigation, etc.), modern medicine, nation-states, and capitalism. Too many people also means wars, conquering, widespread oppression and hostility. All human communities fight, but large-scale war is another thing entirely.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2022 7:09 PM

I probably should have said conquest rather than conquering. I'm sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2022 7:10 PM

Humans are attempting to do Civilization, but they're not good at it because they weren't designed for it. Using their primitive minds and bodies to create Civilization is considered 'Off-label' use.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2022 7:37 PM

^ So, nature gave us thumbs and brains, but using them to become more civilized is "off-label"... Ok 🥴

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2022 7:46 PM

If anything, given our limitations, we’ve over-performed.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2022 8:01 PM

Too much chimpanzee DNA; not enough bonobo.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2022 8:04 PM

Religion.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2022 8:09 PM

Sometimes I wish Covid wiped out all humans 100%. Not even joking.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2022 8:13 PM

^ Speak for yourself, I and a few others are not ready to go

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2022 8:19 PM

R33, if it had only wiped out the idiots who wouldn't wear a mask or get vaccinated, that would have done enough.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2022 8:21 PM

I AM speaking for myself. That's my sometimes wish, you're entitled to have your own.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2022 9:01 PM

^ You want us all dead, we don't want to die. So, speak for yourself 😠

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2022 9:03 PM

Slavery. Blacks should have been left in Africa and never taken to other continents.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2022 9:06 PM

The apple, hun.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote]You want us all dead

So do the animals and the insects and the trees and the atmosphere and the microorganisms and the soil and the ocean and the and the and the

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2022 9:36 PM

My dog wants me alive 🙂

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2022 9:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!