Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: SCOTUS Strikes Down NY's Concealed Carry Gun Law

Fuck SCOTUS!

You can now carry in Times Square...oh, joy.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2022 12:53 AM

The decision...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 2:40 PM

I wouldn’t have done that if I were Brett Kavanaugh……..

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 2:46 PM

….because he seems to have a problem with trespassers

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 2:47 PM

Crazies on SC are taking over. Tomorrow Roe v Wade dies.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 2:47 PM

This totally flies in the face of Heller which said the Second amendment can be restricted. So much for "not legislating from the bench"

And I hope the pieces of shit who thought Clinton and Trump were the same and didn't vote or went third party are happy.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 2:49 PM

Fuck you Susan Sarandon and all the assholes who voted for Third party losers to make a point.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 2:51 PM

The thing about the Supreme Court is that we're supposed to be able to trust them to do what is right, per the Constitution and previous settled law. We can no longer trust them. This law in no way violated Second Amendment rights, but the court falsely said it did, because of partisan, political reasons.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 2:54 PM

SCOTUS is very obviously not a collection of great legal minds at work.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 2:55 PM

You can thank RBG who didn't want to retire when Obama asked her.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 2:58 PM

RBG, hope you are looking down at this. Shame you didn't retire when Obama retired.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 2:59 PM

Meant when Obama asked you to retire.

Hubris, brings down the greatest.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 2:59 PM

The vote was 6-3. You can bash RBG all you want, that vote wouldn’t have made a difference.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 3:00 PM

We need someone with the balls and tenacity to pack the court. Biden is too Goldilocks about everything. Republicans keep on voting in actors for positions of power. We should too. We need Matthew McConaughey and Whoopi Goldberg in the damn show. We are freaking losing!

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 3:01 PM

We can thank the Republicans who stacked the court with unqualified, far-right political activists, r9. We can thank the people who "couldn't" vote for Clinton. We can thank the New York Times and other outlets who hammered the emails bullshit for years. We can thank the FBI, who used Comey to interfere with the election. We can thank the GOP and their foreign interests who hacked into voter registration websites in every state. We can thank people who don't vote. We can thank Mitch McConnell. We can thank Trump.

We can add RBG to that list, sure, but blaming her and no one else is bullshit, and even you know that.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 3:02 PM

But her e-mails

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 3:04 PM

Americans are an angry, violent people.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 3:04 PM

Republicans appointed a justice who was a nude model in college.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 3:04 PM

[quote]We need someone with the balls and tenacity to pack the court.

If the Democrats managed to pack the court, you think the Republicans wouldn't have the balls to add even more conservative justices when they take Congress and the Presidency?

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 3:04 PM

Good job! WTG USSC.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 3:06 PM

Shoot 'em up, SCOTUS approves!

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 3:06 PM

Is this really going to matter? Bad guys will ALWAYS find a way to have a gun regardless. Killers don't care about laws.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 3:07 PM

Which part of "shall not be infringed" do fascist cunts not understand?

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote]Bad guys will ALWAYS find a way to have a gun regardless.

That's why there are so many armed robberies in London.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 3:08 PM

Matthew McConaughey is a huge supporter of guns r13. He was fine with all the mass shootings until it hit his hometown. He suggested nothing but "both sides getting together" implying that the Dems who want gun control are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 3:09 PM

r22 is the reason that kids are being killed

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote] That's why there are so many armed robberies in London.

London does not have the history of mindless violence that America has.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote]We can add RBG to that list, sure, but blaming her and no one else is bullshit, and even you know that.

In the grand scheme of things, she mattered a lot more than fucking Susan Sarandon.

She should have retired when Obama asked her, and they should have fought tooth and nail to get Merrick Garland on the bench.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote]London does not have the history of mindless violence that America has.

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 3:12 PM

[quote}Republicans appointed a justice who was a nude model in college.

Which one was that? I can't picture Judge Handmaid getting her tits out.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 3:15 PM

"Mattered more than Susan Sarandon" doesn't mean anything. It's a useless statement. No one brought up Sarandon, except you, as a particularly pathetic kind of strawman.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 3:15 PM

Damn you to hell, clarence thomas.

So now every bigot (local or red state tourist) can freely walk the streets of NYC flashing a concealed gun to intimidate anyone they find offensive, e.g. gay couples, etc.

So it begins. This is a sad day in U.S. history. But, as Governor Kathy Hochul said this morning: "This is New York; we don't back down, we fight back."

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 3:15 PM

Just what violent and out of control New York City needs - more people shooting each other in the face

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 3:16 PM

The concealed handgun law is kind of stupid, it just basically allows for someone to be charged with an additional crime if the handgun is found in the course of an arrest for something else. It hardly deters crime and probably puts more black men behind bars than whites.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 3:17 PM

r32 - New York is not that bad you flyover twat!

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 3:19 PM

[quote] She should have retired when Obama asked her, and they should have fought tooth and nail to get Merrick Garland on the bench.

It wouldn’t have made any difference. Obama would’ve appointed a justice who would’ve been in the minority decision on this. Just like it is now.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 3:25 PM

New fashion accessories will become available for everyday wear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 3:36 PM

This is not the direction I anticipated based on what the appointees told me.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 3:57 PM

There are some things that can be done. - 1000% tax in bullets. - Insurance required for all gun owners. Make those premiums high

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 4:07 PM

We can all carry semi automatic pistols on 5th Ave & 56th St now.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 8:02 PM

I would like a small gun. I have small hands … just about child sized. Do they make little guns? I’d like to carry it under my left arm so I could reach up with my right hand, whip out my gun and yell, “FREEZE MOTHERFUCKER!”

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 8:04 PM

Are you a geisha girl?

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2022 8:18 PM

Clarify this for me, sages. So, if I have a full carry permit in an Upstate NY county, this means I can carry in NYC & it's burbs now?

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2022 8:25 PM

Not until you learn the difference between its and it’s.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2022 8:26 PM

Not me, babe, speak to autocorrect on my phone..

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2022 8:27 PM

I love your attitude! I really do. People take it way too seriously sometimes.

Anyway, I don’t know the answer to your question either, and I’m in one of these ‘burbs.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2022 8:29 PM

[quote]Clarify this for me, sages. So, if I have a full carry permit in an Upstate NY county, this means I can carry in NYC & it's burbs now?

Yes, you're now free to menace Elmo and Spiderman in Times Square next time they approach you.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2022 8:36 PM

But what about the Little Mermaid?

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2022 8:39 PM

I'd be cautious. I would not like to have to wrestle Elmo for my Beretta. Spidey is actually a wimp. I've done a quick kick to his balls more than once. He folds like a bad poker hand, crying like the bitch he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2022 8:42 PM

[quote]But what about the Little Mermaid?

[quote]I would not like to have to wrestle Elmo for my Beretta.

I'd worry more about the "desnudas"...you don't want to know where they keep their guns.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2022 8:47 PM

There are fewer crimes in states with more guns. You won't pull a gun, if the guy standing next to you might send you to oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2022 8:51 PM

Not true, R50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2022 8:58 PM

Thanks everyone who wouldn't vote for Hillary for whatever reason!

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2022 9:05 PM

Yep - first it was the removal of separation of church and state, now carte blanche on second amendment, next up abortion and then gay marriage. The religious six will transform the country.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2022 9:10 PM

Still wouldn't vote for her. A self-respecting woman would've dumped Bill.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2022 9:12 PM

R6 Yes, just keep voting status quo because you said so. We live in a fucking warzone now. I would advise you to buy a gun and take lessons on how to use it. People having guns may cause others to think twice before they push you on to the train tracks. Accept reality and adapt.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2022 9:13 PM

[quote] New York is not that bad you flyover twat!

Psst, none of us outside of NY really cares about what happens in NY. Chances are very good, if not certain that the poster who is concerned abut crime in NY is from NY. No one else is concerned. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2022 9:13 PM

Again, for people blaming RBG, just stop. She would have had to retire before 2014 for this to make sense, because Republicans controlled the Senate since the mid term election. And we know they were not going to give Obama a SC pick no matter what. Then Dump was elected, and we didn’t get control again till 2020.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2022 9:14 PM

Matt Gaetz and Mo Brooks among those who asked for a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2022 9:14 PM

^^Sorry, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2022 9:14 PM

So cool the Buffalo and Uvalde 18 year olds were part of “a well-regulated militia.”

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2022 9:16 PM

R47 Elmo is tough, but Little Mermaid is an ANIMAL. If she goes for your handgun, let it go. She will fuck you up majorly if she goes for you. You can always buy another handgun. It's not worth your life or limb to get into a throw down with her. I saw her wipe the floor with some big Sumo sized dude who thought he could get smart ass & disrespect her. The cops look the other way whatever she does.

R 54 Imagine if Cigar Billy pulled that shit on Little Mermaid!! He'd be singing high pitched soprano without his balls & dick.. Tough Hilary should have had herself mentored by Little Mermaid.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2022 9:19 PM

[quote] You can now carry in Times Square...oh, joy.

Yes, 𝑛𝑜𝑤 you can do that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2022 9:20 PM

Chris Rock has the right idea: Forget about gun laws - legislate the price of bullets at $100 apiece.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2022 10:40 PM

The legislatora obviously like guns and gun companies. Nobody is legislating a thing.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2022 11:29 PM

Tinkerbelle had Hell's Kitchen's imps on lockdown long before Corona. The flitty little bitch is ruthless.!!

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2022 12:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!