Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Queen Elizabeth's New Hairstyle

She looks like your Nana the first time you see her in the nursing home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 13, 2022 7:16 AM

Yikes!!!

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 12:33 PM

What's the secret, they don't comb it?

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 12:33 PM

It's awful. I've seen better hairstyles in my mother's nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 12:35 PM

She's finally coming out!

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 12:36 PM

Liz is going Lez?

My God, she'll do anything to save the Monarchy!

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 12:38 PM

Nappy.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 12:42 PM

Why didn't anyone style her hair? It looks like she cut it herself, and then didn't even run a comb through it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 12:43 PM

It's not just the hair - though it's horrendous - she also looks confused.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 12:44 PM

It brings out her African ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 12:53 PM

That's pretty depressing. More than anything else, this announces the end is nigh.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 12:55 PM

She's not confused, as is evident by her engagement with the people selected to be photographed with her. But she's 96 and unsteady on her feet. And whoever not only is managing that hair disaster but dressing her in this rags that look like they have her name scrawled on the back like in a Selma nursing home ought to be walked off a plank.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 12:59 PM

Awful. I love the Queen, and, I mean--she has RESOURCES.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 1:03 PM

Just wait until I'm finished with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 1:07 PM

She needs a little color.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 1:15 PM

Obviously she and her advisors knew to wait to debut this until after the Jubilee, but I don't know enough about old people to know the advantages of doing this. Obviously it's easier to care for, but since she doesn't have to maintain her own hair herself, I'm not sure why they would do this. Does she dislike all the time it takes in the hairdresser's chair to maintain the old 'do?

I wonder if she's very depressed at all this. She tends not to be depressive, but even so--this must be hard to not look her best.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 1:15 PM

What R15 said. The Old Girl's 96 years old, she wanted a style that would be easy to take care of, not require her to have her hair set. Which she no doubt no longer had patience for.

The older she gets, the more she looks like her granny, Queen Mary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 1:25 PM

It looks like she slept on the old hairstyle and didn’t comb it in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 1:27 PM

I think it's time to explore wigs, Ma'am.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 1:29 PM

well, if she's going to wear a wig, she might as well go all out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 1:42 PM

We are not amused.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 1:42 PM

Seriously, a few wigs would work magic. Think of how youthful she'd look with shoulder-length auburn locks. She could explore some of the newer styles. Imagine the Imperial Crown resting atop flowing "beachy waves" at the next state opening of Parliament. Yes I know she didn't make the last one, but she could be invigorated by a new hairstyle, and maybe a kicky new wardrobe to go with it.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 1:55 PM

How about a weave?!!! She can do all kinds of things with that. She can just sit there while they tie it in and gossip about everyone, and have a nice glass of sherry too.

No tracks please, the glue would be too irritating to her corpse like skin.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 2:06 PM

It wasn't filtered for her--this photo. She looks great for woman pushing 100 years old. Nobody can look perfect every time, even monarchs. Maybe she had a headache that day. Who would want hair care while feeling pain in the head? But the real problem here, as I see it, is the lack of filters for this picture.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 2:13 PM

R16 is a lunatic.

That "G-d" bit should get her ass F&Fd off the site.

And she ceased looking like Mary at 85 about 5 years ago, when she was 90. Today, with that rag hair and those hand-me-down dresses, she looks more like a Chelsea Pensioner in the dress rehearsal for a "give them a laugh" drag review.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote]That "G-d" bit should get her ass F&Fd off the site.

Well, that's pretty anti-Semitic of you.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 2:38 PM

Hopefully they don't beat her up when she's alone with her caretakers. The Queen looks so sad. Losing a husband of so many years and now only have them ungrateful children to look after you must be a hard pill to swallow. At this rate it's doubtful she'll overtake King Louis XIV as longest serving monarch of all time.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 2:43 PM

Seen from another angle, it really doesn't look that bad. Maybe rolled a tad too tight, or combed up in a hurry. She has great hair for a 96-year old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 2:45 PM

They don’t have michfest no more, sis

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 2:49 PM

R24 Better to be thought a fascist bigot than to post and remove all doubt.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 2:53 PM

she looks like a FRREAK

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 3:08 PM

This is what happens when she lets Princess Anne or Camilla comb her hair.

She's lucky they didn't braid it like a show horse's mane.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 3:53 PM

Wow, strong feelings, R24...

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 3:54 PM

Meanwhile Sarah Ferguson and her girls have rushed to the palace to check on 'Gam-Gam"

And are surreptitiously stuffing priceless royal antiquities into their Spanx...

(Quick stuff this candelabra in the baby's pram...)

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 4:00 PM

She may be losing hair. A lot of old woman have bald spots.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 4:02 PM

Do my eyes deceive me or is Miss Louise Brooks taking over the Queen’s duties for the day?

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 4:21 PM

It looks like it was burned-off.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 4:43 PM

It's not so much the hair, as it's the cheapo granny dress hanging on her frame like a rag and the TON of weight she has lost which makes her look even older, more wrinkled, and makes her hunch much more prominent.

I wonder why she lost so much weight so quickly? This is not a good sign at this age, unfortunately. Also, her hand colour looks strange in Dutchie's photo.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 5:07 PM

I'm shocked that they're not altering her dresses or doing a better job on her hair. Something is going wrong with staffing, if she's going to public events looking like this. She was in a quilted dress a while back that looked a little shabby, and at the time I thought it was simply the way the fabric photographed, but it's been months and there's been no improvement in the quality of her clothing, and now her hair is getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 5:11 PM

It looks like a shorter version of what she had before. I'm guessing a professional styles it, but not every day. Therefore, the 'do is slept on, then touched up by QE, herself, some days at least.

I think her hunchback could have been mitigated, early on, by some simple stretches.

QE seems to have a no-nonsense approach to some things, but maybe the wrong things.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 5:14 PM

R25, I'm Jewish, and the pretension by Xtians and GOP fakes that "GOD"" is the same as "YHVH" is as offensive as the same radicals among Islam who will kill people for say Muhammad sucks Allah's tiny cock.

Fuck you.

(Although of course you were kidding, right? So I am, too, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 5:18 PM

Well, that was a missed opportunity.

Didn't I read that they have a lot of gay men running about where she lives? One of them must know something about product. Might help.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2022 5:24 PM

[quote]That "G-d" bit should get her ass F&Fd off the site.

I'm sorry, what? "God damn" was uttered? Hon, DL is not for you.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2022 5:47 PM

At least she still has hair. It was always rumored that her mum was pretty bald under those huge, floppy hats.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2022 6:26 PM

I'm so jealous! Itsagreatlookonhermajesty!

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2022 6:37 PM

My mother is 99 and still has someone come over and do her heir.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2022 6:37 PM

She have a great Christmas speech but her ill-fitting dress was distracting. Someone must be paid lots to manage her wardrobe and isn't doing a great job of it.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2022 6:40 PM

Your mother hires hookers for you, R45? I wish I had a mother like that!

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2022 6:42 PM

R47: 🤣😂🤣👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2022 6:44 PM

Oooops.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2022 6:54 PM

R45 what age are you? You're very lucky to have had your mother so long (if you get along)

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2022 6:58 PM

Forgive me but as others have said she looks like an old Black lady at church. Which is fine. She is head of her own church after all.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2022 7:02 PM

As the addage goes she got the face she deserves. Friendly, warm, open, pleasant.

She is a pretty old lady whom you'd to cuddle. Hoping she hangs on contentedly for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2022 7:07 PM

I've seen that hairstyle so many times with very elderly members of my own family I know exactly why she did it. Her new hairstyle requires a lot less maintenance than her old style. She is 153 years old, and sitting in a chair for extended periods of time having her hair kept looking good for the public is probably one of the last things she's interested in these days. This new style is what I call a "home style". Her previous style was a "public style".

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2022 7:09 PM

I read an article that said she was styling her own hair during the pandemic, and it looked fine. They said she is very particular with how it should be done, so it's shocking to see such a change.

I imagine now that things have returned to a more normal state that she has helpers. Is she attached to employees who've aged out of their abilities?

This truly looks like she overslept and said "whatever." Her smile is as lovely as ever, though.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2022 7:09 PM

It's not just shorter, it's frizzy and unkempt. She needs some deep conditioning and someone she can trust to tell her the truth, now that her vision is likely not so great.

At least the staff is good about keeping chin hairs under control.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2022 7:12 PM

Maybe she does keep people on who are past their best, out of loyalty

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2022 7:12 PM

For those of us who are not familiar with women's hairstyling–how long does it take to sit for a hair setting? That's what it's called right?

Is the process applying hot rollers and waiting till they cool? Maybe she can't sit still comfortably for hair styling.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2022 7:14 PM

Can any clever dick face-app our beloved Queen in a variety of wigs? Just to give us an idea..

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2022 7:14 PM

I checked to see if Eva Gabor Wigs have the Royal Warrant. Alas, they don't.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2022 7:20 PM

Maybe she's trying to imitate Jeanette Charles imitating her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2022 7:25 PM

As a child, I thought the “Queen” meant she was the most beautiful woman in the world. As a child, I couldn’t wrap my brain around the idea that the Queen was the most beautiful woman in the world.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2022 7:30 PM

Maybe she babysat Louis and the little rascal got hold of some scissors? Louis seems quite mischievous.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2022 7:30 PM

Harry told you bitches that he needed to be around to protect the Queen and ensure the right people around her. But would you bitches listen? Nooooooooooooo you would not! And now you know what he was talking about. She looks like a character from The Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2022 7:34 PM

[quote] For those of us who are not familiar with women's hairstyling–how long does it take to sit for a hair setting? That's what it's called right? Is the process applying hot rollers and waiting till they cool? Maybe she can't sit still comfortably for hair styling.

I'm guessing she doesn't get her hair / scalp wet every day.

The days where she does get a shampoo (wet), I'd say it takes maybe 45 minutes. Shampoo, conditioner, blow-dry, hot rollers, some back-combing (teasing), other styling, hairspray.

On "touch-up" days (done by a professional), maybe just 15-20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2022 7:38 PM

I read that during the pandemic, she had her hair done by one of her ladies in waiting (or whatever they’re called), to minimize contact with outsiders. The poor woman, who had never done hairdressing in her life, said she was so frazzled by the responsibility that once she had gotten HM under the dryer, she excused herself telling the queen she had to go fix herself a gin and tonic.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2022 7:40 PM

For a 96 year old, she does have a nice head of hair....pretty thick. Not liking her new style, though.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Fuck you, Benay! She needs a little softness around the face!

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Thank you, r64, for your informative reply.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Couldn't she keep the old style and just sleep with toilet paper around her head at night?

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2022 7:44 PM

The old lady’s been wearing wigs for decades. When that intruder came upon her bedroom that one time, he recalled seeing a wig on a head form. She’s been having her dresser Angela Kelly do her hair lately, which Ms. Kelly has been forthright about it not being her forte. This looks like Angela botched the wig washing and setting and took scissors to it to fix the damage with no success. There’s no way that, at 96, Elizabeth has a full head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2022 7:55 PM

R70 That is a complete load of bollocks. There are millions of pictures of The Queen out there, you show us one were she is wearing a wig. Do it now and let us be the judge.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2022 8:07 PM

She’s almost a century old and she’s the fucking QUEEN. She doesn’t give a fuck about looking pretty.

Do you, Big Liz.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2022 8:08 PM

[quote] "I read that during the pandemic, she had her hair done by one of her ladies in waiting (or whatever they’re called), to minimize contact with outsiders. The poor woman, who had never done hairdressing in her life, said she was so frazzled by the responsibility that once she had gotten HM under the dryer, she excused herself telling the queen she had to go fix herself a gin and tonic."

Correct, R65. But it was her personal assistant/designer/keeper of the wardrobe Angela Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2022 8:10 PM

Haha R69!

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2022 8:20 PM

That's not a hairdo-- that's a hair DON'T.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2022 8:25 PM

Glamour Magazine spoke..^^ I remember the Do's and Don'ts... fun feature.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2022 8:29 PM

The Queen Mother did wear some wiglet thing at the front area of her head. It was in one of the trashy ex staff tell-all books.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2022 8:33 PM

Solved. Next!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2022 8:36 PM

At least this monarch has hair, her successors haven't been so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2022 8:42 PM

Old bat needs to go Sinéad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2022 8:56 PM

She's tired! So, so tired! Let her be a low maintenance woman, for once. She's earned it.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2022 8:57 PM

She looks like an Eldergay in R80

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2022 9:12 PM

R78, that's the Imperial State Crown, one of the official symbols of her Sovereignty. It's so heavy she can longer longer wear it. It would literally snap her neck. The last couple of state occasions she would have been expected to wear it, it was born along on a pillow beside her.

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2022 9:28 PM

Looks like George HW bush at R80 lol

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote]She needs a little color.

If she did the blue rinse thing, she'd look just like my Grandma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2022 9:43 PM

Looks like Putin at r80, when he’s dressing to entice Senatrice Lindsey Graham.

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2022 9:44 PM

She looks more and more like George Washington, God love her.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2022 9:47 PM

The shopped photo at r80 is actually a better look for her than the one she just revealed.

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2022 9:51 PM

She should abdicate and run off to Italy or Austria or wherever the fuck Pope Bennie is. Those two girls would have a lot to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2022 9:53 PM

Is she OK?

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2022 9:54 PM

R88, Zhe looks a lot like Prince William there. With a tad of Edward VIII thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2022 9:55 PM

Those “soup dresses” as we’d call them don’t flatter her at all.

She’d look best with layers: A beautiful blouse underneath a blazer, with matching skirt would look so well on Lizzard.

Or something like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2022 10:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2022 11:05 PM

^ Wow, no wonder Diana understood the gays

Her step-mother was a drag queen

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2022 11:15 PM

^ Now that's what Nancy Reagan would call "good respectable Republican helmet hair"

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2022 11:20 PM

Let's face it - the pandemic has changed all of us...

In other news - Next week, the Palace will debut the Queen's new royal "grey t-shirt, sweat pants, and soccer slides"

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2022 11:25 PM

At her very advanced age, even the act of dressing can be very draining. I suspect the outfits she chooses now are chosen to be the least trouble. She generally wears very straight, fairly unfitted dresses. Putting them on will only require her to raise her arms while a dresser lowers it onto her. It’s much easier than stepping into skirts and putting on blouses and jackets, specially if she is suffering from neck, arm or back pain. The curvature of the spine makes it likely that she will be in pain.

I suspect her new hairdo is a sign that her appearances are being managed to make her most comfortable: no more hours of the week unde a hairdryer, wearing curlers.

She’s making accommodations for her age, aiming at neatness and respectability. She’ll keep the show on the road as long as she can, but she’s slowing down.

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2022 12:01 AM

All she needs is some colorful, flowing caftans and some dangling earrings, and she is set for the summer.

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2022 12:05 AM

Maybe she's planning to be mummified and have her new coif contained in one of those big oblong Egyptian helmets when she passes? Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2022 12:20 AM

Maybe Mr. Ray could help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote] As for what’s in store for the future during the Queen’s reign after the Jubilee concluded, The Daily Mail insider stated that she will be performing her duties remotely more often. “Over time, the Queen will revert to becoming a more virtual Queen with digital appearances and video calls,” they said.

Perhaps, that is why we see her new hair style. Seems she is now a 'virtual Queen', and done with fashion.

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2022 1:08 AM

Hair and hair. What is hair?

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2022 1:09 AM

Oh honey, she was done with fashion about 25 years ago. What she wears now is glorified house coats.

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2022 1:10 AM

Her hair does look like she slept in it. She also needs better support wear, in the Paddington video her buzzom was resting on her lap. Maybe it’s painful for her to wear the undergarments needed. Agree she needs layers, a jacket over a pretty dress.

Her eyes are bloodshot and not from a hangover. Poor lady, what an effort these events must be for her.

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2022 1:23 AM

She is 96 . Leave her alone. Save your tips for Camilla. She needs all the help she can get !

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2022 2:03 AM

I’d have a dishy footman carry me around if I were HM.

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2022 2:08 AM

Couldn’t she just retire, like that Pope did? Does she HAVE to be The Queen until she dies? It’s getting hard to watch her struggle on at this point. Why not pass these ‘royal duties’ on to Charles?

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2022 2:10 AM

Cancer causes the release of cachectin and tumor necrosis factor, which causes rapid involuntary weight loss. Clearly she is ill.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2022 2:19 AM

Her hair is styled the same way she normally does it (brushed up at the top, and tightly curled in the back and sides) but its just been cut [too] short. What I do wish her dresser [Angela Kelley I think her name is] would get the Queen a better bra. Those puppies are sagging bad and need to be hoisted up.

R107 She is passing most of her duties to Charles who is basically now regent in all but name. The Queen is largely limiting herself to the paperwork and occasional appearances at Windsor. The monarch cannot just retire because there is no legal mechanism in place for the end of a reign except death. There has only been four abdications in the 1000+ years of the Monarchies on the British Isles. The last was the Queen's uncle in 1936. In order for the Queen to abdicate, it would require every country of which she is Queen to pass special legislation and given the Crown is hanging on by a thread in many of those countries (particularly in the Caribbean) she ain't going to do it. If she becomes mentally or physically incapacitated, UK Parliament can activate the regency act and allow Charles to carry out all the duties of the monarch. She will be Queen until she dies just like virtually all her ancestors.

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2022 2:26 AM

what r53, r72 and r97 said.

Your Majesty, I just know you're reading this thread. Ignore these bitches.

You've put in your days of having to wear pantyhose, Royal spanx, and having to have your hair 'doo'ed.

But, ma'am your bras do need a bit more padding and gravity defiance.

r108, my Mom didn't have cancer. She died of old-age natural causes- pneumonia, strokes- but the last year of her life she became very tiny and only wanted an occasional small plate of scrambled eggs prepared in good butter, and even that was seldom.

I can't help but be reminded of that when I see pix of Q E II now.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2022 2:27 AM

R110 Doesn't sound like your mother experienced RAPID weight loss. That is what cachectin and TNF do - cause RAPID weight loss over weeks to months.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2022 2:37 AM

HM needs a corset not a bra.

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2022 2:45 AM

I'm American, I don't have a queen.

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2022 2:45 AM

I love the old broad.

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2022 2:46 AM

Too early to bet on ....that day we are dreading?

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2022 2:47 AM

And it sounds like the Cambodian loser dropped out of college. Of course he did.

I wish that Brad HAD whooped his ass when the dwarf was throwing feces around on the plane.

by Anonymousreply 116June 24, 2022 2:50 AM

She's so thrifty she gave herself a Toni* home perm- with disastrous results!

by Anonymousreply 117June 24, 2022 3:13 AM

She can afford a very good wig.

by Anonymousreply 118June 24, 2022 3:33 AM

Why doesn’t she color her hair? It would look beautiful in a strawberry blonde, and would really brighten up her face. Lip fillers and Botox would help too. It’s not too late to find a new husband.

by Anonymousreply 119June 24, 2022 3:38 AM

Wigs are uncomfortable.

At 96 years old it's no longer on her to continue to appease us about how we think she should look.

It's on us to adjust to how she wants to be, or, not to be.

by Anonymousreply 120June 24, 2022 3:43 AM

r93 / r94, Diana and her sisters called their stepmother "Acid Raine."

by Anonymousreply 121June 24, 2022 5:22 AM

She also lost an alarming amount of weight! Love her!

by Anonymousreply 122June 24, 2022 5:43 AM

TQ, Camilla, and the York girls all need good bras. I'm not a woman, but is it that painful to wear a decent bra for a few hours?

by Anonymousreply 123June 24, 2022 5:47 AM

Sadly, I see cancer too, r108. Weight loss, fatigue, pain, strain and discomfort apparent with her facial wasting and expressions. Making no confirmed engagements, taking it ‘a day at a time’ then gamely rallying for a short hour intermittently to appear with a dash of red lipstick to smile through, to meet and greet. Witnessed it all with my mom, my queen, during her last few months.

by Anonymousreply 124June 24, 2022 5:47 AM

It’s full blown AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 125June 24, 2022 5:51 AM

I hope that's not true. 🙏 For your mom.

by Anonymousreply 126June 24, 2022 5:51 AM

Chas 'n Cami are poisoning her. They're not going to suffer through decades of a life they did not choose without getting the top spot.

by Anonymousreply 127June 24, 2022 5:56 AM

I a actually love it.

Best hairdo she’s had in years!

Not kidding. Totally serious. You go, Liz! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 128June 24, 2022 6:04 AM

Thee DM reported yesterday that HM was seen riding one of her ponies for the first in nine moths. This was just a day or two after she received the Archbishop at Windsor walking unaided by her stick.

by Anonymousreply 129June 24, 2022 6:18 AM

^ The, not Thee and months, not moths. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 130June 24, 2022 6:20 AM

How weird. I was going to comment on her stark decline by pointing out that just last fall she was riding ponies and now she's a shadow of that woman. And she rebounds.

by Anonymousreply 131June 24, 2022 6:30 AM

The DL death trolls are circling again. She made it through the Jubilee looking wonderful and she is very mentally sound. She is more lucid than Joe Biden. She lost the weight almost immediately after Philip passed.

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2022 6:36 AM

GOALS

by Anonymousreply 133June 24, 2022 6:40 AM

Like OP said, it's the classic "home-do".

Chopped-off butch granny grey

by Anonymousreply 134June 24, 2022 6:43 AM

They are transitioning to non-binary. Everyone at Court now refers to them as Zher Majesty.

by Anonymousreply 135June 24, 2022 7:04 AM

R131 I think Covid did a number on her.

by Anonymousreply 136June 24, 2022 8:57 AM

The Queen’s hairstyle is exhibit A for anyone who thinks white people can’t have nappy hair.

by Anonymousreply 137June 24, 2022 8:59 AM

R132 "made it through the Jubilee" is pushing it. 2 brief moments on the balcony, not to be seen for the rest of the day, and then dropping out of three events. I love old Liz, but let's not pretend she was a constant presence during the festivities.

by Anonymousreply 138June 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Raine Spencer earned her hair-don't credentials in her childhood home.

Her mother was Barbara Cartland:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 24, 2022 11:10 AM

I don't think she's well, neither physically nor mentally.

by Anonymousreply 140June 24, 2022 11:30 AM

I just wanna meet the Queen for I could say YAS!! QUEEN!!! And really mean it.

by Anonymousreply 141June 24, 2022 12:29 PM

HM hopes that R141 is not a subject.

Because if that is an indication of the quality of British schools, she is deeply ashamed.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 142June 24, 2022 12:49 PM

Seems HM is severely out of touch if she thinks R141 is a sign of the British educational system’s degradation.

It gets much, MUCH worse.

by Anonymousreply 143June 24, 2022 1:39 PM

She's channeling George Washington, in honor of the upcoming Fourth of July celebration.

by Anonymousreply 144June 24, 2022 2:29 PM

I really think this hairstyle would look better if the Queen would wear some fashion glasses and statement earrings.

by Anonymousreply 145June 24, 2022 3:23 PM

She should borrow one of Bea's tudor-style head bands.

by Anonymousreply 146June 24, 2022 3:37 PM

She should call Dame Edna for some eyewear tips.

by Anonymousreply 147June 24, 2022 3:44 PM

Like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 24, 2022 3:55 PM

Don't worry! I checked. She is being taken care of and has the right people around her.

by Anonymousreply 149June 24, 2022 4:02 PM

Does she have cancer?

by Anonymousreply 150June 24, 2022 4:09 PM

[quote] She should call Dame Edna for some eyewear tips.

I'm ready, Possum!

by Anonymousreply 151June 24, 2022 4:17 PM

Some DLer who is handy with PhotoShop should give Her Majesty a digital makeover with Raine SPencer's hair and Dame Edna's glasses.

If DL can show her how she can perk up her image, she just may go for it. If course we will have to send the result to Windsor for her consideration. She has a website.

by Anonymousreply 152June 24, 2022 4:57 PM

I just happen to have an adorable low-maintenance style I can recommend, Your Majesty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 24, 2022 5:20 PM

I think she should adopt this style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2022 6:36 PM

^^ Some beachy waves would be perfect!

by Anonymousreply 155June 24, 2022 7:37 PM

She could borrow one of Mary I's authentic-Tudor heads.

by Anonymousreply 156June 24, 2022 7:49 PM

The whole thing started when the Queen developed a habit of pulling her hair out as she was going batty. Well, battier. It just got worser and worser.

Finally, the cotton balls and swirls of meringue we had been using weren't enough to hide the damage. And she was picking the feathers out of the hats. Something HAD to be done.

So we just showed the world what we were contending with, with the lede that it was her "easy-breezy summer cut." The astonishment, pity and outrage was immediate.

SOMEONE in the Family wanted the Palace to announce that the Queen was fighting a louse problem since she saw the Sussexes and the royals coif had to be terraced in order to get matters under control.

It was decided that a smiling display of the damage was in order. NO ONE wanted to face too long a future in this situation, however.

"If I have to sit through a fucking 75th fete I swear I shall go fucking York Hunting," he said, just down the halls and behind a door that had no security on who was listening, I'll just say.

by Anonymousreply 157June 24, 2022 8:06 PM

She's 96. I don't know if she has cancer, but she doesn't need cancer to explain her appearance. She actually looks good for 96. She upright and speaking to people. At 96 those are huge wins day to day.

If she has cancer it will rip through her pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 158June 25, 2022 12:24 AM

Your Majesty, I am an American Princess...

As I'm sure you know, my father was Senator John McCain.

And I have some ideas I'd be happy to give you - I'm sort of considered an expert in this area!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2022 2:49 AM

She just needs to live another 702 days in order to beat Louis XIV as longest reigning monarch in history.

by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2022 2:59 AM

Listen Liz honey, from one royal to another, I know how difficult it can be to get the hair, makeup, and wardrobe support one deserves.

Call me - I've also got some great bronzer to help with your pale, blotchy skin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote] She just needs to live another 702 days in order to beat Louis XIV as longest reigning monarch in history.

I don't think she'll last that long, that's about 2 more years.

by Anonymousreply 162June 25, 2022 4:18 AM

Low flow shower head?

by Anonymousreply 163June 25, 2022 4:55 AM

R124 She’s 96 and she had Covid. I’d expect weight loss, fatigue, and pain.

by Anonymousreply 164June 25, 2022 5:24 AM

OMG, she looks like she has had pensioner perm.

This thread is classic DL! Keep going!

by Anonymousreply 165June 25, 2022 6:06 AM

R159, those hairdos strike me as Meghan wanting to become a gay icon on Twitter or something. She just looks like a Star Wars character - Mrs. Jabba the Hutt, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 166June 25, 2022 7:35 AM

Her hair could be washed and set in 15 minutes. Tops.

by Anonymousreply 167June 25, 2022 9:13 AM

She should keep letting it grow upward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 25, 2022 9:23 AM

Is Ma'am on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 169June 25, 2022 11:47 AM

^ Have you met my family?

by Anonymousreply 170June 25, 2022 11:51 AM

Is there not a Beauty School near the palace?

The senior students getting ready to graduate usually have hours they are open to the public and mostly do a good job under the supervision of an instructor.

Liz's assistants should look into this. Only downside is they don't take appointments, it's first come first served but I bet they would make an exception for Lilibet Sr.

by Anonymousreply 171June 25, 2022 1:30 PM

They're slowly changing Her Majesty's appearance to gradually look like Prince Charles.

And Charles has been looking more and more like her for years.

It's part of the "slow, soft Regency" and the Palace thinks it makes the "transition" easier for the alcoholic, uneducated, no-job Brits. (The Northern Irish they're not worried about.)

by Anonymousreply 172June 25, 2022 1:47 PM

It’s nice to know that Liz goes to the Beautician Training School. Maybe she’s taking Charlotte there to get her accustomed to the fact that if she doesn’t choose a career, she’s going to end up like Uncle Harry and Uncle Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 173June 25, 2022 2:01 PM

Charlotte will be the child of a King and a working royal. It is Charlotte's children - if she chooses to procreate - that will need to educate themselves and find jobs.

An apt example is the York grifters - they are only grandchildren of the Queen and are not working royals and will never be working royals.

by Anonymousreply 174June 25, 2022 2:17 PM

Longevity seems to run in the family. Charles is 73. He could live 20 more years. People seem to be excited about William becoming king, but there's still Charles. In 20 years, William will be 60 (Kate around the same age).

If I were in the UK and a taxpayer, I don't think I'd like to support a monarchy that bestows all this wealth on people just because of their being born into a family.

by Anonymousreply 175June 25, 2022 7:04 PM

Even though longevity runs in Charles’s family, there’s no guarantee he’ll last as long as his parents. His father was in a much better condition at 73.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 25, 2022 7:20 PM

Perhaps a snazzy headscarf or two?

by Anonymousreply 177June 25, 2022 7:45 PM

R175 as you’re neither in the UK nor a taxpayer, your opinion means nothing.

by Anonymousreply 178June 25, 2022 7:53 PM

If I were in the UK and a taxpayer, I don't think I'd like to support a monarchy that bestows all this wealth on people just because of their being born into a family. But, as an American having witnessed the Jubilee and watching QEII over the decades, I wish for a similar figure here in the U.S. who could unite us as a "head of state," a job no political figure in our country could bear.

I so envied watching the UK, for the most part, rallying around her, a majesterial woman, and we here in the U.S. get Mitch McConnell as the anodyne cunt.

by Anonymousreply 179June 25, 2022 8:18 PM

[quote]Charlotte will be the child of a King and a working royal.

No, she won't. There will be NO King and no HO heir to a king of England, ever again.

She'll be royal. And rich. That's more than the butt face girl deserves.

by Anonymousreply 180June 26, 2022 2:29 AM

"Wills do have any idea how long it takes for me to have my own hair done?"

"I have no time to comb, GamGam's hair."

by Anonymousreply 181June 26, 2022 2:34 AM

I'm the BUMP in Camilla's saddle that she uses to get off...

It vibrates my clitoris in ways you could never imagine...

It's the reason I feel so relaxed after a long ride.

by Anonymousreply 182June 26, 2022 3:27 PM

"I'll comb your hair GamGam..."

"If you'll give me those tiaras, me girls have been panting for..."

by Anonymousreply 183June 26, 2022 3:28 PM

How does Sarah keep getting past security? Where’s Angela?

by Anonymousreply 184June 26, 2022 3:32 PM

Look, I'm a New Yorker...

but I think a headscarf could be a good low-maintenance look for you. You could even wear it with a wig sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 26, 2022 3:33 PM

While I don't know you Mrs. Morgenstern and I'm generally distrustful of fashion advice from Americans, I do happen to own quite a few beautiful headscarves, and I shall give your suggestion some consideration.

(And having to rely on one's family can be quite exhausting if you know what I mean.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 26, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote]How does Sarah keep getting past security? Where’s Angela?

I have no responsibility for this monarch, nor do I have any interest in this matter.

by Anonymousreply 187June 26, 2022 3:42 PM

[quote]There will be NO King and no HO heir to a king of England, ever again.

There will literally be a king within the next few years. Get some sleep hon.

by Anonymousreply 188June 26, 2022 5:57 PM

I would recommend a blue rinse and a hot oil treatment...and maybe a few more pin curls around her face.

by Anonymousreply 189June 26, 2022 6:52 PM

Would it be against etiquette for HM to wear a hat when receiving visitors?

by Anonymousreply 190June 26, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote]It’s not too late to find a new husband.

Merv Griffin would have been perfect but there's always Michael Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 191June 26, 2022 8:32 PM

Michael Feinstein is waiting out the clock on Lisa Minnelli. He already got all of Rosemary Clooney's money. Lisa should be a bigger payday for him. Tiktok.

by Anonymousreply 192June 26, 2022 8:35 PM

Oh Shweetie, I putsh all my money in Pharmaceuticals...

Pillsh, I mean not stocksh...

"Buy in bulk and don't run out", Mama usedsh shay

by Anonymousreply 193June 26, 2022 9:30 PM

[quote]Would it be against etiquette for HM to wear a hat when receiving visitors?

Hats were generally for day wear and engagements outside one's own home.

Please see the Rhoda Morgenstern headscarf discussion for appropriate head coverings inside one's own castle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 26, 2022 10:06 PM

Ya know, Queenie, my mama had this problem...

We just need to get you a Sista who can help you up yo' weave game!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 26, 2022 10:16 PM

Given her role as Head of the Church of England...

How open would her majesty be to a smart Hijab?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 26, 2022 10:23 PM

It was good enough for your mother-in-law, Princess Alice

and it could be quite the solution for you too, Liz!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 26, 2022 10:26 PM

I've always found the right "habit" can be very attractive...and very practical. (Especially with a wimple for women of a certain age, who prefer to cover their necks!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 26, 2022 10:30 PM

R196 that would be apt as Eleanor of Aquitaine wore such a scarf in her later years.

by Anonymousreply 199June 26, 2022 11:36 PM

This would be lovely on her and give her face a bit of a lift too. Ideal for showing off the family jewels!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 26, 2022 11:45 PM

^ And why shouldn't Liz spend some money on herself to look and feel better at her age?

by Anonymousreply 201June 27, 2022 12:00 AM

Are you implying that my reign will have a soft opening?

by Anonymousreply 202June 29, 2022 4:24 PM

Sad last days!

by Anonymousreply 203June 29, 2022 4:27 PM

Sad last years!

by Anonymousreply 204June 29, 2022 4:36 PM

Sad last decades.

by Anonymousreply 205June 29, 2022 5:27 PM

She's walking here with no walking stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 29, 2022 5:27 PM

Just to see if she could walk a straight line! Ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 207June 29, 2022 5:34 PM

That twit Nicola bowed her head instead of curtseying to the Queen? Is she a man or a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 208June 29, 2022 5:44 PM

But can she stand on one foot - if you can't do that, apparently it's a sign you die soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 29, 2022 5:45 PM

Nicola first bowed her head to HM in 2019. She is pro independence and pro republic. Good on her for not engaging in ridiculous behaviors that are relics of times long gone.

by Anonymousreply 210June 29, 2022 5:50 PM

So why did she bow her head then? Isn't bowing a relic too?

by Anonymousreply 211June 29, 2022 7:18 PM

Michelle Obama famously put her arm around the Queen. A big NO NO. Liz reciprocated and life was still good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 29, 2022 7:34 PM

R212 - I think in that case it was ok with the Queen because she liked the Obamas.

If it had been Trump putting his arm around her, she may have hauled off and hit him with her handbag. Just kidding but oh how I would have loved to have seen it. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 213June 29, 2022 7:40 PM

Poor Queenie...she looks so awkward doing the reciprocal reach around as a sign of affection and warmth.

Like she's never done it before.

by Anonymousreply 214June 29, 2022 7:49 PM

According to Michelle - she and Barry are both very fond of the Queen. And nervous. The Obamas were the best ambassadors for the USA. A gorgeous joyful intelligent and inherently dignified couple.

Last time that Mich and Barry visited the UK as president and first lady in 2016 - Phil and Liz picked them up themselves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 29, 2022 7:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 29, 2022 8:27 PM

Anne is showing how it's done.

by Anonymousreply 217June 29, 2022 8:58 PM

Anne's just imitating her dressage horse.

by Anonymousreply 218July 1, 2022 11:09 AM

I think the Queen is going for the "Bedhead" look...

by Anonymousreply 219July 1, 2022 11:27 AM

Liz should really go to one of those Sandals resorts in the Caribbean - get a new lease on life now that she's single!

by Anonymousreply 220July 3, 2022 7:18 AM

I notice a number of older women putting a few pink or violet streaks in their white hair. I think the queen could really rock that look.

by Anonymousreply 221July 3, 2022 7:31 AM

Sometimes, when I think of my children...

I fantasize about running away to some place like Canada and getting a whole new identity...

with a face lift and a boob lift, I think I could pass or 70 or 75...

and live like Margaret did for a while

by Anonymousreply 222July 3, 2022 7:44 AM

I'm Fergie in the even the Queen goes missing:

"I've moved into the palace wif me girls, who as you can imagine are devasted about the loss of their GamGam. We won't be leaving until we find her (except for a pub run or to pop out for ciggys). Anyway, we are taking care of the palace for you - no worries about that....and oh yeah, please come home GamGam. Do you need me to do anover take - I fink I can squeeze out some tears if that would be better."

by Anonymousreply 223July 3, 2022 1:09 PM

R223 It’s “Gan Gan”, if you’re going to make an attempt at humour, and that’s for the great-grandchildren. The grandchildren call her “Granny”.

by Anonymousreply 224July 3, 2022 7:33 PM

R223, your sense of humor sucks. Don't embarrass yourself further.

by Anonymousreply 225July 3, 2022 7:57 PM

Be nice please, just like HM is nice to all her subjects.

by Anonymousreply 226July 3, 2022 8:11 PM

HM The Queen is nicest to her clit. Even in her dotage it receives constant attention.

by Anonymousreply 227July 3, 2022 8:57 PM

^ moron ^

by Anonymousreply 228July 3, 2022 9:12 PM

R223 and R224 = MARY!

Are you a member of the royal family?

Or are you just a judgmental melodramatic queen?

by Anonymousreply 229July 3, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote]It’s “Gan Gan”, if you’re going to make an attempt at humour, and that’s for the great-grandchildren. The grandchildren call her “Granny”.

Greg, were you able to get the dildo out of your ass?

by Anonymousreply 230July 3, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote]your sense of humor sucks. Don't embarrass yourself further.

Whereas, you sound like a laugh riot.

by Anonymousreply 231July 3, 2022 10:02 PM

Isn't that the "Anne Boleyn" cut, so the hair does not blunt the blade?

by Anonymousreply 232July 3, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote]The monarch cannot just retire because there is no legal mechanism in place for the end of a reign except death. There has only been four abdications in the 1000+ years of the Monarchies on the British Isles.

What if she had an affair with a black porn star?

by Anonymousreply 233July 3, 2022 10:25 PM

What is Liz announced she was a part of a throuple?

Would that get her kicked off the throne?

by Anonymousreply 234July 4, 2022 3:18 PM

"I find that I cannot go on without the non-binary persons that I love in my life."

by Anonymousreply 235July 4, 2022 3:20 PM

R233, R234 & R235 - I don't know why you find it humorous to make sex jokes about a 96-year-old woman. You sound like a perv or a sex addict. Oh, and you're not funny either. One is bad enough but three is overkill.

by Anonymousreply 236July 4, 2022 5:23 PM

^ and who forced you to read 235 responses on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 237July 4, 2022 5:24 PM

Then and now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 8, 2022 4:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 12, 2022 7:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 13, 2022 6:10 AM

She does look much better, r239. They've tailored some of her dresses as well, I see.

by Anonymousreply 241July 13, 2022 6:13 AM

Well spotted, r241. Access to a good tailor can boost morale and sense of well being for those losing weight due to age or terminal illness. Being able to wear feel good favourite pieces rather than potentially having to face trying on (or in Queen’s case, being fitted for) new clothes when tired or poorly can make a day.

by Anonymousreply 242July 13, 2022 7:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!