Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Transgender Healing Stones Exhibit

What the hell is this all about??

Does anyone know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 4:16 AM

Try harder, lol.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 6:00 AM

Did you miss it, R1?

The part about the stones is at the 1 minute 30 second mark.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 6:03 AM

Not trans. Mahu, a Hawaiian word for an in-between or third gender. Traditionally always born with a penis and revered as great hula dancers and teachers, so faggots basically.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 6:35 AM

Mahu is an ancient tradition from Polynesia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 6:55 AM

But what are the stones supposed to do?

Are they actually traditional, or just some made up shit?

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 12:00 PM

R5, There are many stories like this in the culture. Most seem mythical rather than factual.

The Kapaemahu story is this... four Mahu voyaged in a canoe from Tahiti to Hawaii, eventually landing in Waikiki. The four were welcomed as healers. They practiced their healing powers at the site where they landed in Waikiki. Once the healers had completed their work the people wished to show their gratitude by erecting sacred boulders on the site where they had healed. They dragged these boulders to the healing site. Once the stones were in place, the four Mahu laid hands on the rocks, transferring their healing powers into the boulders. They also placed Mahu idols beneath the rocks. They then disappeared. For centuries the stones were revered by the people for their healing powers. However, once Christianity was introduced to Hawaii these old myths and traditions were outlawed and forgotten.

It is said that unless one understands, knows the story, and respects the healing powers of these boulders, their powers are useless.

Does that answer your question?

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 7:30 PM

Thanks, R6.

I guess I'll start researching more about this.

I was just trying to see if it was based on actual traditions, or just made up.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 8:27 PM

You're welcome R7. Many of the Hawaiian cultural traditions are practiced to this day. There has been a major shift toward reviving these ancient traditions. There are many writings available online for you to review. I respect these cultural stories, and some I have practiced throughout my life. I'm thinking most would find that odd to the point of being ridiculous, but it's the truth. Not all, but some. No matter what ethnic or cultural background, I don't believe one can grow up in Hawaii and not be this way. We learn Hawaiian traditions and culture in public school from a young age. What we don't learn in school, we learn from simply being a part of the island culture and from friends, relatives, and Kupuna (older Hawaiians that are good enough to teach others about the Kanaka Maoli (Hawaiian) ways, history, and culture.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 9:54 PM

I lived in Honolulu, and the Mahu hookers were thick around my condo building, on the edge of Chinatown. They absolutely had dicks, every last one of them. They are not transsexuals at all, but often homosexual- not always.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 9:58 PM

Transvestites are magical.

If they believe something to be true, it is true.

'Kaelie' has the magic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 3:51 AM

[quote] The Kapaemahu story is this... four Mahu voyaged in a canoe from Tahiti to Hawaii, eventually landing in Waikiki. The four were welcomed as healers. They practiced their healing powers at the site where they landed in Waikiki. Once the healers had completed their work the people wished to show their gratitude by erecting sacred boulders on the site where they had healed. They dragged these boulders to the healing site. Once the stones were in place, the four Mahu laid hands on the rocks, transferring their healing powers into the boulders. They also placed Mahu idols beneath the rocks.

This would make a really interesting Science Fiction movie.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 4:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!