Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

An “interstate water system” could fix the West’s water woes

I know we've talked a little about this but what's stopping the US from doing this? Why not do it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 1:39 AM

The Great Lakes states have a pact that the water in those lakes cannot be siphoned off for other states.

Get your own damned water!

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 12:58 AM

^ Same troll every water thread.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 12:59 AM

How am I a troll? It’s the truth about the Great Lakes. They’re never….and I mean NEVER going to allow it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 1:01 AM

Keep drinking honey, R3. You’ll get there.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 1:02 AM

Also, R2, I’ve never before commented on this subject on DL. Don’t be such a knee jerk nut.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 1:03 AM

Hundreds of billions of dollars so that assholes in the desert can have lawns? FTFU, OP

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 1:04 AM

Sure, nut job R5. You are being pretty loud proclaiming not to be a troll that you surely are. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 1:05 AM

R5 its just the "i know every post anyone ever has made on dl troll "

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 1:06 AM

The Colorado river leases it’s water to Las Vegas and Phoenix. It’s starting to run low. Those cities are absolutely fucked. Don’t build a city in a desert with no water and then bitch when no one wants to share. Move.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote] Same troll every water thread.

How many fucking threads on DL have you started about this that you can spot anti water pipe to California trolls?

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 1:11 AM

It often leads to hijacking resources from private proberties and Native American govt's land....

and of course, overriding those treaties that allow ranchers and farmers to use public resources... but there are some in govt that would prefer if we would get most of our meat and produce strictly overseas. Allegedly this is going green and nothing to do with their foreign investments.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 1:28 AM

^ living in a state where they sell these resources. . .

the cost on the citizenry as such

we're charged for other people's usage

particularly during the summer.

same goes to electric.. which is also largely water generated here.

And they've gone as far is instituting fees for those of that use alternative renewable energy, long gone are the days we could sell it back to the govt and instead pay the averages of the costs of what they claim we would be using during peak periods if we were still plugged into water/electric/gas.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!