Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nadler’s Opponent Accuses Him of ‘Wielding His Jewishness as a Divisive Tactic’

Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) is being accused by Democratic primary opponent Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) of “wielding his Jewishness as a ‘divisive tactic'” in the awkward race between the fellow party members.

The New York Times examined Jewish voters in New York and which way they are leaning with their votes, especially with Nadler being the sole Jewish congressman from New York City.

The Times noted Maloney has been campaigning on things like her vote against Barack Obama’s Iran nuclear deal and her promotion of Holocaust education in a bid to win over Jewish voters. Maloney was shockingly blunt about Nadler in an interview, accusing the Democrat and his “allies” of wielding his Jewishness like a “divisive tactic,” according to the Times.

She did not specify how exactly Nadler’s religion is being “wielded,” but her line appears to be referring to the influence of identity politics, according to followup comments where she said Nadler is not running on actual ideas.

“It’s a strange way to run, it’s sort of like, ‘Vote for me, I’m the only woman, or I’m the only white person, I’m the only Black person,'” she said. “Why don’t you put forward your statement, your issues, what you’ve done and the merit you bring to the race?”

Maloney has been pulling out all the stops against 75-year-old Nadler, only weeks ago accusing him of sexism for asking her to step aside to let him take control of the district. She said the Democrat would not have treated a man the same.

“I said no because this district is majority mine,” she told the New York Post.

Planned Parenthood, HRC, and ASFCME each give her 100% ratings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 12:45 AM

Get rid of all the Democratic fossils

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!