Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What’s wrong with homosexuality being a choice?

I personally think that homosexuality is a product of nature and nurture. It’s one of those things that exists like religion.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 2:26 PM

Who asked you? Why are you here trolling Gays? Who sent you? 😠

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 6:45 PM

Conservatives say it's a choice because they know it's mean to pick on someone for something they didn't choose.....so claiming it's a choice gives them a license to hate us

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 6:49 PM

I didn't choose it, but if I had a choice, I STILL WOULD BE A HOMO.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 6:51 PM

Well, I personally believe that most U.S. Americans can't do so because some people do not HAVE maps, such as the Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 6:52 PM

Gee, let's see....what if Op is correct?

Well, that would mean we could 'pray the Gay away.' Right, OP?

It would also mean that Trans could 'choose' to be straight or Gay or bi or whatever. Right, Op?

And, it would mean that Gays and Lesbians shouldn't discriminate against T's as sexual partners, because sexuality is just a choice; and we certainly don't want to deny the humanity of these poor, downtrodden T's. Right, Op?

No, Op. None of that is right, because your initial premise is wrong. People here KNOW that you're wrong, because being same-sex attracted is OUR Lived Truth.

So Op is either deluded&stupid, or an asshole troll. I'm guessing the fool is all of those and more.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 7:14 PM

if it were a choice then closet cases wouldn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 7:21 PM

Hollywood is proving that gay is highly genetic. Most are closet cases but the kids are coming out as gay. Seems to be a strong connection between gay parents and transexual kids too. I'm looking at you Cher.

Definitely not a choice. Being gay is a form of torture. Most war heroes are gay because you need a medal to compensate. Or Olympic medal. Or seven tour defrances.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 8:21 PM

[quote]Being gay is a form of torture.

You're not doing it right.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 8:24 PM

R5

I was taking to this gay guy who mentioned Satre’s notion of Bad Faith. I also read some of English translation of Dir Eigene that talked about how homosexuality, thought it was mostly about based on Hellenism. They argued that all men have the capacity for opposite and same sex attraction. They argued that male homosexuality was beneficial for Germanic culture.

The men who wrote Die Eigan were Porto-Nazis. They would argued that the trans people were degenerate. They would also argued that people have the right to their own sexual boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 8:25 PM

The Troll OP is also OP of another TROLL thread:

[quote]Is it wrong that I want only gay friends? People act like it’s strange. I’m tired of straight people and their problems.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 8:30 PM

R5 = MAAAAAAAARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 8:39 PM

Who cares if it’s a choice or not? You should be free to live your life. Period. Whether it’s nature or nurture is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 8:40 PM

r11

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 8:40 PM

Did you choose to be het, OP?

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 8:47 PM

R13, why do you do that in every thread?

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 8:50 PM

If being black was a choice, would it be OK to discriminate against them?

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 8:51 PM

I think conservatives double down on this because they can get traction in light of the fact that while the underlying attraction isn't a choice, the actual conduct that results in "active" homosexuality - fucking and having relationships with other men - is a choice.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 8:55 PM

Because, OP, for most of us, it's simply not our experience. We were same-sex-attracted for as long as we can remember. Many of us spent years trying to be something other than gay, and despite our best efforts, it just wasn't possible.

That it's a choice is a heterosexist talking point, and what it boils down to is, "you're only doing this to inconvenience everyone else."

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 9:02 PM

r12 r14 r15

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2022 9:32 PM

R15, I block anti-Biden bisexual trolls like you.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2022 9:34 PM

If you believe homosexuality is a choice, you must, therefore also believe that heterosexuality is a choice and well, ask a straight man or woman why they haven't chosen to be homosexual and see what kind of responses you get.

Bottom line is, if it's a choice you are saying that all people could choose to be attracted to the same sex if they just decide to. Next time you see someone claiming it's a choice, ask them when they decided to be straight.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2022 9:57 PM

It is a lifestyle and a choice. That’s why so many of Gen Z are queer, non-binary, pan etc….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2022 10:19 PM

R22, "non-binary" doesn't necessarily mean gay.

And I seriously doubt the findings of that survey. It was done by GLAAD, all the numbers look way too high at every age group. I think this is an example of sample bias.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2022 10:57 PM

r7's post is a perfect encapsulation of a certain kind of insanity

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 12:21 AM

r22 all those labels mean nothing. I long for the days when people didn't want to be labeled as anything. You either sucked cock, or you did not suck cock. Or you sucked cock and ate pussy.

At this point, I'd like to know if that part has changed. I don't think so. Calling yourself something other than gay/lesbian/trans or straight is fucking stupid because it does not change the fact that you do one of those two options.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 12:32 AM

I don't understand how anyone could possibly choose their sexual orientation. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 12:38 AM

I believe that humans are a blank slate and just end up straight or bi or gay or boring based on experiences / external stimuli etc. I don't believe it is bad to be gay or straight, people just end up how they end up. One is not better than the others.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 12:50 AM

Except plenty of people have gay desires before they've had any gay experience....

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 12:53 AM

It's wrong because it implies that you could choose otherwise, and that you could choose differently if you were so inclined. It encourages people to persuade you to change your mind for other reasons. The premise of choice rejects the fact that being gay is part of who you are.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 1:01 AM

You mean like heterosexuality is a choice, OP?

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 1:04 AM

If it's a choice, you can change your mind.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 2:42 AM

If you could choose, the conservatives can call it a lifestyle and condemn it. Easier to be a homophobe if they think it is a lifestyle, very bad for gay people.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 6:45 AM

R24 schizophrenia? Fingers crossed it's not.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 10:39 AM

R27 you can say that about anything. Right and wrong is decided by society. It's relative. Does gay harm society? Do pedophiles harm society?

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 10:41 AM

r31 r32 r33 r34

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 12:32 PM

r27 r29

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote]I believe that humans are a blank slate and just end up straight or bi or gay or boring based on experiences / external stimuli etc. I don't believe it is bad to be gay or straight, people just end up how they end up. One is not better than the others.

I disagree, R27. There are boys who look and act effeminate from a very early age and are interested in things that are considered to be stereotypically girls' interests. They identify as gay men as adults. What would be the experiences and external stimuli in those cases? I think sexual orientation is set at a very early age, probably at birth, possibly because of genetics and / or hormonal environment in the womb.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 2:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!