Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

10-second balance test may predict how long you'll live

Researchers found that people who couldn't stand on one foot were nearly twice as likely to die in the next 10 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 3:17 PM

Tried it. Harder than it sounds with the other foot on the back of the leg, but accomplished it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 12:33 PM

With both legs, r1?

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 12:39 PM

Where does the other foot have to be r1? I just put it againsg the side of the leg I was standing on. Yes I did it with both legs. Did I do it right

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 12:49 PM

The difficulty varies significantly depending on where you actually place the lifted foot.

Some are easy while others tell me I should get ready to give DL my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 12:53 PM

It's easier if your hands are held over your head like in the pic.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 12:55 PM

Shit. Doctor had me do this about five years ago and I couldn’t. I’m doomed.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 12:58 PM

My career died but I’m still here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 1:01 PM

I can do it. I wonder if what the article is really saying is if you have good balance you have a lower chance of breaking a hip. I think most people's hip breaks and then they fall. It isn't always about bad balance.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 1:03 PM

That seemed like something you'd see in a clickbait ad, but it's NBC...

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 1:15 PM

R6, are you dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 1:24 PM

Checking my pulse now…nope, I’m good.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 1:40 PM

R7 that actress might actually make a decent stand in for Catrell in SAC.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!