Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

p-town bear week 2022

r u ready?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 11, 2022 3:45 PM

Look for me peddling my ass all up and down Commercial Street that week.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 1:17 AM

They need to get the poster illustrator back to add some pox to those beasts.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 2:12 AM

Having worked there one summer, Bear Weekend is the most fun.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 2:17 AM

Well, Miss Sims does need a job after November, 2022.

Make dat MONEY GURL!!! You need an income Miss Sims

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 3:38 AM

Everyone always returns home from Bear Week with some sort of kennel cough or worse.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 5:18 AM

John Waters wrote extensively about Ptown in his latest book and he said the bears have become a lot fatter in recent years. Is this true or was he just being a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 10:07 AM

^ There is a clique of bears into gaining excessive weight. A dear friend of mine has wrecked his health because of it. Diabetic ulcers, sleep apnoea, he’s a mess. I worry about him.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 10:14 AM

[quote] I worry about him.

Probably not for long.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 10:15 AM

^That’s what I worry about. He lives alone and has no family close by. He has been hospitalised several times recently.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 10:18 AM

Monkeypox

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 10:20 AM

My ex went there last year and his whole house caught Covid after the first night at the A House.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 10:34 AM

No twink weekend?

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 10:35 AM

Oy. Bear weekend is a fucking nightmare. The guys are either morbidly obese, or muscle nellies with beards who prance around in cunty cliques. All passing around Covid and kennel cough.

Plus for the money you spend there, you could go to Spain or the south of France.

I used to go every summer for years but Ptown is such a racket now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 10:46 AM

It’s true bears are getting fatter. They have a bear night at my local and I would say that half are indeed morbidly obese, and a couple of the size that you see on TV documentaries that require hoists to get them out of bed. As their weight has gone up, their infantalism seems to have increased. They’re like 500 lb eight year old schoolgirls.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 11:12 AM

Well unless you have booked accommodation already, you’re out of luck. In case you hadn’t noticed, Americans are desperate to travel and pay whatever it costs.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 11:32 AM

Girt' an' Mirt'!

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 10:38 PM

I think it’s actually gotten less bearish. The guys are more muscle queens and cubs with beards. The truly fat ratio isn’t that high.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 10:41 PM

Are the rainbow flags in that poster up to date? Looks like they're missing some colours. Cancel this event!

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 10:43 PM

They’re under fire for not allowing trans bears. Now they are. Have a great time seeing vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2022 10:45 PM

Things to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2022 10:47 PM

Some of the all-around hottest guys I've known have fit the bear/cub type. But the group itself is one of the bitchiest, and most exclusionary I've seen (within the GLBTQIA community, and elsewhere). I suspect it comes as a result of insecurity on their part, and needing to feel superior to SOMEONE. Because they'll always be physically "inferior" to the muscle queens/gym rats. But aren't we all? Of course, I also say this as someone who makes the distinction between bears and chubs. So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2022 11:02 PM

The Bear scene, especially the kink bear scene is one of the nastiest... and often the most infectious cliques in all of gaydom.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2022 11:17 PM

Cover your pox, boys.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2022 11:17 PM

Wasn't last year's Bear Party one of the first indications that covid vaccines weren't failsafes against infection? Who knows what insights we'll get into which diseases this time. We owe the bears thanks for willingly exposing themselves to the petri dish of Provincetown in July because it advances our medical knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2022 11:22 PM

Did no one tell the bears that PrEP doesn't protect against Covid?

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2022 11:29 PM

A friend who was a waiter there told me that the restaurant owners LIVE for Bear Week because they EAT!

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2022 11:51 PM

Bear Week was responsible for the covid carnage in Ptown last year!

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 12:02 AM

The Times story on it said the Covid Carnage started with the White Party the week before.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 12:10 AM

Sexually, I love bears but not the obese ones.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 12:33 AM

Well, R29, If you aren't a bear they hate you.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 12:38 AM

R21-I'm not into bears but unknowingly ended up going to Provincetown for bear week a couple of times in 2010 and again in 2012. Very few bears are hairy. They call themselves hairy if they have facial hair- which does not count as being hairy , but what many of them were was obese. I went to t dance at Boatslip and there were a number of guys who were muscle bears. They were not obese . They were burly or big boned and had sizeable builds- those guys would be considered HOT by ( not everyone) but plenty of mainstream gays would find those types of guys hot.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 12:41 AM

If they call themselves bears, then they're probably still cunts.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 12:44 AM

Why do the Drag Hags always have to horn in on specific events. So sick of ugly men troweling on makeup and lip liner and invading all gay events. Sick of drag. Stay home and paint your toe nails.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 12:51 AM

The cartoon's odd depictions of treasure trails and chest hair are nasty.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 12:53 AM

I like the musclebears, the fit-fat bears, and the otters. Especially the slutty ones who have a kink or two.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 12:53 AM

I just avoid "gay events" to spare myself any potential outrage R33.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 12:54 AM

I like the hairy ones.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 2:10 AM

Their asses STINK! All that encrusted shit that they can’t reach to wipe off their asses! Yum yum yum!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 2:13 AM

R27 the bear week hadn’t even started when the outbreak started. It was actually caused by the fourth of july whores. And their Hollywood sponsors.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 3:50 AM

Covid city. Those bears never wash.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 5:10 AM

Bears smell…….down there. Ugh! Gross gross gross

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2022 5:25 AM

Mincing Prisspot alert at r40, r41, r38...

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2022 12:15 AM

Soon to be renamed Pox-town.

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2022 12:49 AM

I had a relationship with a bear. He complained all the time that I wasn’t hairy enough, wouldn’t grow a beard, wouldn’t agree to an open relationship, etc. All his friends were carbon copies of each other, and were really hostile towards me. In the end I left him. He was too entrenched in the lifestyle to see me as a worthwhile person.

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2022 10:12 AM

Is this not BEARKING?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2022 10:53 AM

My sexual ideal is a very hairy generally fit big bear. In my life, I’ll only had sex (in my bed vs a quicky somewhere) with one such guy.

It was amazing because I was so turned on.

Sadly, the competition for hairy guys is rather fierce and there aren’t a lot of them

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2022 11:46 AM

r u all packed bitches?

by Anonymousreply 47July 5, 2022 2:43 PM

Bears tend to be picky judgemental mean gays just in bigger hairier bodies.

by Anonymousreply 48July 5, 2022 3:06 PM

There's a surprising number of regular guys around this year. I mean your everyday, non-stereotypical man or boy. It's refreshing for those of us that live here and are generally bored with the theme weeks and their participants.

Not as many circuit boys patrolling Commercial Street for attention. (Or maybe I'm not there at the right hours.) At the same time, there are youngsters and circuit queens wearing less and less clothing; I've seen a surprising number of astoundingly hot bare asses recently. Scorching bubble butts. Often hairy. I want to jump out of my seat in the bar and bury my face in them.

The packs are still here and getting larger as well as more prevalent; especially Muscle Mary's that are all built exactly the same, wear the least amount of clothing possible though whatever they do wear matches exactly the other members of the pack, all have the exact same haircut, and generally they all look eerily alike facially. It seems none can walk down the street without their posse. I guess their bottom line is you have to look like what you want.

And sadly, bears have lots of attitude, too. That attitude has increased over time, but we attribute the increased attitude to the fact that, more and more, all types of gay men generally feel and act superior to anyone around them.

The nicest people - the nicest theme week - are the men that are here for Fantasia Fair in October, which is largely straight men that like to dress as women.

Have fun if you're coming up! Say hi to the locals.

by Anonymousreply 49July 5, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote] There's a surprising number of regular guys around this year. I mean your everyday, non-stereotypical man or boy.

I've been to Ptown during many different weeks and the norm is "regular guys" all the time, which makes it such a welcoming place.

by Anonymousreply 50July 5, 2022 3:25 PM

R50

You are right, of course. I was unclear. What I meant was, considering the Theme Weeks, there's a surprising number of regular guys around during those weeks.

I think that for those weeks designated as welcoming a certain group, many men that aren't members of that group don't vacation at that specified time, and plan their time up here for non-Theme Weeks.

As a byproduct, it's cheaper to stay here when it's not a Theme Week and you can more easily get into restaurants. (Though anyone that comes up here and wants to eat at a certain restaurant should make reservations well in advance.)

by Anonymousreply 51July 5, 2022 4:05 PM

Bears smell! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2022 4:07 PM

I wonder if Varla Jean Merman was/is there harassing guys in both his forms.

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2022 4:44 PM

R51- I try to avoid Bear Week. I like non bear, non scene queen, non muscular guys who don't feel the need to conform to the prevailing gay aesthetic .

I'm going to Province town the last week in July. I have not been there in 5 years. It will be nice to be back.

by Anonymousreply 54July 5, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote] I'm going to Province town the last week in July.

Um, that's Family Week--hundreds of kids with gay parents. ENJOY!

by Anonymousreply 55July 5, 2022 7:01 PM

pox...

by Anonymousreply 56July 5, 2022 7:32 PM

generally fit big bear

Isn't this an oxymoron?

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2022 7:34 PM

R57 he meant a tall, fit-fat guy

by Anonymousreply 58July 5, 2022 8:40 PM

the bears are getting fatter cause Lizzo says it's OK .

by Anonymousreply 59July 5, 2022 8:42 PM

The bears prolly stink like Lizzo’s snatch.

by Anonymousreply 60July 5, 2022 9:22 PM

Lizzo = queen

by Anonymousreply 61July 5, 2022 10:35 PM

Up-thread is right--the bears EAT and they also go to drag shows, unlike the NYC circuit queens. They all want a picture with a queen on the street but won't go to a show. The bears will!

by Anonymousreply 62July 5, 2022 10:41 PM

So bears are basically guys that over eat. Enough of labels.

by Anonymousreply 63July 5, 2022 10:52 PM

no r63 they also keep it hairy, also more likely to support business, since they are older, likely having more money, less insecure

by Anonymousreply 64July 5, 2022 11:39 PM

Will Lena Dunham be showing up?

She has a cavernous belly button.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 6, 2022 5:00 AM

Lena Dunham is the very fat female version of Harry Styles with all those random horribly ugly tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 66July 6, 2022 5:01 AM

WHET Lens ? We barely see her anymore, she was like a Millennial thing during the Millennial reign, then disappear when Gen Z came into the spotlight

by Anonymousreply 67July 6, 2022 5:22 AM

i suggest y'all watch yourself walking through gay crowds. I'm not joking. I walked through a gay pride weekend club and then I got 2 bumps on my inner bicep and thought it was monkeypox. Granted, that part of my arm couldn't have touched anyone, but i would suggest y'all wear long sleeve shirts...in summer...if you go to gay events.

by Anonymousreply 68July 6, 2022 5:37 AM

if someone in your house brings home some dirty skunk, block that bitch out

u do not wanna be back at work w/ pox all over your face

by Anonymousreply 69July 6, 2022 6:16 AM

ugh, these bitches r so toxic

Some bitch already thrown a drink at me and its not even 5

by Anonymousreply 70July 8, 2022 6:24 PM

Shouldn't it be the PU town bear week 2022?

by Anonymousreply 71July 8, 2022 11:55 PM

July 4th week is full of sociopathic scene queens. Including Miss Ryan Ratched Murphy, who must imagine herself some dramatic descendant of Eugene O’Neill, instead of the hack who ripped off everyone from Alexander Payne (Glee, you owe your life to Election) to Michael Crichton (nip/tuck… Looker).

by Anonymousreply 72July 11, 2022 2:22 AM

[quote] No twink weekend?

R12 this! I'd be so up for that eve though I am more an otter

by Anonymousreply 73July 11, 2022 6:27 AM

Let the sluts burn.

by Anonymousreply 74July 11, 2022 3:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!