Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag queen blasts Arizona governor candidate as a ‘hypocrite’ for drag digs

Richard Stevens, who performs as Barbra Seville, said GOP candidate Kari Lake is a former friend who used to come to his shows.

Rick Stevens, who has performed as "Barbra Seville" in the state for decades, said he felt compelled to speak out against his former friend after she latched onto a right-wing campaign against drag queen story hours, in which drag queens read to children in public spaces.

"They kicked God out of schools and welcomed the drag queens. They took down our Flag and replaced it with a rainbow. They seek to disarm Americans and militarize our Enemies," Lake said in a tweet last week. "Let's bring back the basic: Gods, Guns & Glory."

Stevens fired back on Facebook, saying that since Lake "waded in to the war on drag queens, know she is a complete hypocrite."

"I’ve performed for Kari’s birthday, I’ve performed in her home (with children present,) and I’ve performed for her at some of the seediest bars in Phoenix," Stevens wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2022 6:26 PM

Lake's opponents have campaign signs out saying she donated to Obama. Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2022 7:34 PM

She was an ex’s landlord, truly vile human.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2022 7:42 PM

Is Kari Lake a ditch licker?

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2022 7:46 PM

I thought by the pic that was the drag queen. What a beast

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 7:48 PM

Hypocrite. Politicians will say anything to get elected

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 12:50 AM

[quote] Richard Stevens, who performs as Barbra Seville, said GOP candidate Kari Lake is a former friend who used to come to his shows.

Unless she brought her child to those shows, I'm not seeing how her stance that drag shouldn't be in schools makes her a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 4:12 AM

He did shows in Lake’s home at which her daughter was present. And why are drag queens in school a problem? The show a queen does in a bar or club is different from what they would do in a more family oriented environment with kids present. You tailor your performance to fit your audience. If a clown is appropriate in that situation, why not a drag queen? What’s the difference? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 4:31 AM

Kari flake.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 4:50 AM

She's suing the drag queen now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2022 1:10 AM

I heard an interview with this bitch and she is stark raving mad! Fixated on the “stolen” election which she insists was never properly investigated, as bizarre as that is. She also claims that we “should be able to go to bed on election night knowing who won.” The interviewer asked her about the drag queen and she huffed and puffed and was outraged by the question, but didn’t exactly deny that she knew him. Hard to believe anyone would actually vote her, but you never know these days.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2022 1:23 AM

Has Figga Rowe commented?

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2022 1:30 AM

What’s the fucking problem here.

No offense to drag queens, as I have total respect for their skills and talents, but what the difference between a drag queen and a clown at some party?

They’re both basically the same thing, except that drag queens don’t terrify kids, are highly talented and really engaging and fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2022 1:54 AM

Barbra Seville is probably laughing hysterically right now

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2022 5:37 AM

lake is a horrid kunt.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2022 5:51 AM

We should send Barbara flowers .

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2022 8:24 AM

[quote]Barbra Seville is probably laughing hysterically right now

She is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2022 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!