Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bradley Cooper wants the director who mocked his 7 Oscar nominations to go f—k himself

Bradley Cooper has scored multiple Oscar nominations for acting, writing, and producing, but some will forever see the multi-hyphenate as the guy bleating like a seal in Wedding Crashers, the guy having sweaty sex in a tool shed in Wet Hot American Summer, or the guy with the hangover in The Hangover. That includes some of Hollywood's biggest names, apparently.

On a recent episode of the podcast SmartLess, which is hosted by actors Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett, the star recounted an incident involving a famous director during his awards season campaign for A Star is Born. Cooper was at a party with an actress friend when he met the unnamed filmmaker, who offered up some less-than-flattering comments.

The 47-year-old had seven nominations to his name at the time, including nods for his performances in American Hustle, American Sniper, and A Star is Born. His friend, also a well-known performer, had previously been nominated for three Oscars. According to Cooper, the director quipped, "What world are we living in where you have seven nominations and she's only got three?"

"I'm like, 'Bro, why are you such an a--hole?'" Cooper recounted. "I would never f--king forget that. Go f--k yourself."

Cooper was a TV star before finding success in big-screen comedies like The Hangover and He's Just Not That Into You. Soon, though, he took on heavier roles in films like 2011's Limitless and 2012's The Place Beyond the Pines. In 2014, he drew raves for his turn in a Broadway revival of Bernard Pomerance's The Elephant Man.

But despite his success at dramatic projects, some still see him as more of a Rocket Racoon than a Robert De Niro.

In the same interview, he shared that a "hero female actress" made a hurtful comment when he nabbed his first ever nomination for Silver Linings Playbook.

"She's like, 'I saw your movie. You deserve the nom,'" Cooper said. "I was like, 'What? I'm sorry, what?' 'The nom.' Then like 10 or 20 minutes later — I'm not kidding — I passed her going to the bathroom and she mouths it, 'The nom.' I remember [thinking], 'What the f--k is this town?' Can you imagine saying that to somebody? You've got to be f--ked up to do that."

Perhaps these Hollywood haters will be more moved by his next directorial effort, Maestro, a drama centering on composer Leonard Bernstein. Cooper will portray Bernstein in the film while Carey Mulligan co-stars as the actress Felicia Montealegre, Bernstein's wife.

"There's the movie; a movie about marriage, a movie about family. That's it," Cooper said. "Why is it nuclear? Because it's this f--king music. Music is nuclear. I had a secret weapon in A Star is Born. It was Lady Gaga. The secret weapon I have in this movie is f--king Leonard Bernstein and Gustav Mahler. The music!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2023 3:24 PM

Miss Cooper really is a nasty fucking queen.

NO one takes this bitch seriously, which is why this stupid cunt hasn't won any awards.

Fucking rat face.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2022 1:04 AM

Does this BITCH ever shut the fuck up?

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2022 1:05 AM

He’s making all of this up. He’s such a hungry whore.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2022 1:07 AM

Eldergays have an irrational hatred of Bradley Cooper so this should be fun.

Why was he offended when she said he deserved "the nom"? Is the implication he'd lost already and she was saying he deserved to be nominated but not win?

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 1:07 AM

Can anyone explain why the "nom" part was so offensive? Was the implication from this actress that he was only good enough to be nominated but nobody was expecting him to win?

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2022 1:09 AM

[quote] He’s making all of this up. He’s such a hungry whore.

Thirsty, hungry whore.

Just like his dirty, hungry hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2022 1:10 AM

Next, he'll be harrassed in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2022 1:10 AM

I weep for him in this, his hour of need.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2022 1:11 AM

[quote] Eldergays have an irrational hatred of Bradley Cooper so this should be fun.

WRONG!

It's a completely rational hatred of THIS BITCH.

Nasty, fucking entitled no-talent stupid closet case right-wing supporting goddamned whore.

He can sit on Clint Eastwood's 90 year old cock, for all I care.

He will NEVER be forgiven for glorifying that right-wing murderer Chris Kyle and trying to turn him into a hero.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Bradley should go kill himself for pretending to have an affair with Lady Gaga to creat publicity for A Star is Born

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2022 1:12 AM

BURN THE WITCH!

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2022 1:13 AM

My name is Bradley Cooper.

I'm a closet case right-wing supporting cunt, who likes getting fucked up the ass.

My voice sucks, but I think I can sing.

I have a string of beards to make people think I'm straight.

My favorite director is Clint Eastwood.

I use the word "bro" in hopes that people will believe my lies that I am into women.

I repeatedly say I don't want an Oscar, even though I whore myself out for it every Oscar season.

I'll never stop until I get one, and then pretend that I never wanted it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2022 1:18 AM

He reminds me of Tammy Cruise

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2022 1:19 AM

I don't follow him but he's right-wing??!

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2022 1:20 AM

Assuming it's a true story it just illustrates what a petty immature man he is, Success is the best revenge but he couldn't let this go.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2022 1:21 AM

This motherfucker has NINE Oscar nominations, how obnoxious he’s whining so much about a nothing interaction that most people would barely think twice about.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2022 1:22 AM

Yes, R14.

He glorified right-wing Chris Kyle who murdered countless innocent people who opposed his right-wing views.

Bradley Cooper played him as a motherfucking HERO.

He shall never be forgiven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2022 1:23 AM

He’s an ugly overrated piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote] On February 2, 2015, exactly two years after Kyle's murder, Texas Governor Greg Abbott declared the day "Chris Kyle Day".

The fact that Texas Governor Greg Abbott supports this asshole, is all you need to know about why Bradley Cooper should be hated.

He played this fucker as a HERO, and he made millions off of it.

This, from a closeted gay man.

Along with Aaron Schock, I have never hated two people more than I hate both of these cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2022 1:27 AM

[quote] I still don't get what's so bad about the hero-actress saying 'You deserve the nom'.

It's because she abbreviated?

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2022 1:28 AM

I get the sense that the "you deserved the nom" statement was loaded. As if she was saying it was a shock that he was nominated but after seeing it, she realizes he deserved it after all. As if he is not a great actor but deserved the nomination for that film.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2022 1:34 AM

[quote] As if he is not a great actor but deserved the nomination for that film

If that's the case, she was only half lying.

He's a terrible actor who didn't deserve the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2022 1:37 AM

R21 Possibly. Except no one actually said this to Ms. Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2022 1:54 AM

Did he get jaw implants? Or maybe it's just weight gain. His face looks much more square (and it's not an improvement).

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2022 1:58 AM

This has already been discussed to death.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2022 2:01 AM

Is he even a star? That pic in OP's post shows no charisma, no handsomeness, no sex appeal. Even Mel Gibson and Kevin Costner today exude star appeal.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2022 2:01 AM

Was the director implying he wouldn't have gotten all those opportunities and recognition if he hadn't given up the ass to other mens in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2022 2:01 AM

Basically, R27.

Everyone in Hollywood knows the dirt.

Whether Miss Cooper wants to admit it or not, there's only one reason he got to where he is today.

Two words: COCK SUCKER.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2022 2:04 AM

My guess would be Quentin Tarantino for the director who mocked his Oscar nominations.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2022 2:18 AM

Cooper's facial structure has definitely changed radically over the last decade. He had a touch-up to his front hairline around 2009 which gave him those enviable locks (he was brushing it forwarded and bleaching it to hide thinning before then).

His new squarer/fuller jawline and heavier brow bone are conjectured to be side-effects of him going on Human Growth Hormone (roids baby!) for American Sniper. Supposedly, it can enlarge the brow and jaw areas (you see this in phenomenon in Efron and some other celebs who have clearly been on it for a role or two). There's a small possibility he had some kind of implant, but the HGH seems more likely as the new face seemed to follow his roid-ed up period.

He's definitely carrying a little more weight overall the last 5-6 years which would also contribute to the fuller face...but structurally, there's definitely some new things going on.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2022 2:38 AM

The truth hurts huh, closet case!

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2022 2:39 AM

[quote] "I'm like, 'Bro, why are you such an a--hole?'" Cooper recounted. "I would never f--king forget that. Go f--k yourself."

Bradley, I think you need a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2022 2:51 AM

Good for him- he deserves his awards. He’s a very talented bright fellow. Proof is in the hate he inspires among the bottom dwellers on DL. In spite of it he’s made some good films- and is putting together a serious body of work.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2022 3:38 AM

He's being microagressive.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2022 3:51 AM

He just announced that after the Bernstein movie, he will direct an emotional drama called "When the Bro Goes Up Into the Bro."

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2022 3:56 AM

Did Bradley mean to say that he wanted to fuck him as opposed to himself?! That seems more like it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2022 3:58 AM

Who is the actress the director mentioned that got only 3 nominations?

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2022 4:01 AM

I truly do not get his appeal.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote] He just announced that after the Bernstein movie, he will direct an emotional drama called "When the Bro Goes Up Into the Bro."

Bro!

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2022 4:11 AM

R37, I posted this in the other thread, but if we assume the three-time nominee hasn’t won, the only options are Joan Allen, Diane Ladd, Piper Laurie, Laura Linney, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sigourney Weaver, Debra Winger and Saoirse Ronan (who now has four, but only had three during the time of the incident).

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2022 4:11 AM

[quote] Eldergays have an irrational hatred of Bradley Cooper

It’s not a hatred per se. It’s just that we enjoy seeing the targets of our lust degraded.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2022 4:14 AM

If we're talking cunts cunting for cunting's sake, r40, it's got to be Debra Winger.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2022 4:26 AM

Is he a star? I mean, I like some of his movies and performances but he's not like Mel Gibson or Kevin Costner, who are both handsome and charismatic. That OP pic is kind of off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2022 4:31 AM

"Bradley, you deserved ... the NOM."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2022 4:37 AM

R42, the director was the person who was the cunt. The actress was merely a bystander. Plus, Winger hasn’t been invited to an A-list Hollywood party in decades.

It was at a CAA party, and both three-time nominee Michelle Pfeiffer and notorious asshole director Darren Aronofsky (who worked with Pfeiffer) are CAA clients. That makes the most sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2022 4:42 AM

[quote] Is he a star? I mean, I like some of his movies and performances

I've never even seen one of his movies.

There's something very off-putting about his face.

Besides that, none of his movies have ever interested me.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2022 4:52 AM

Are we going to be regaled with endless blind items from this guy?

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2022 5:00 AM

He was good in Nightmare Alley

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2022 5:04 AM

He’s really going to turn a whole gay ass man into a struggling bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2022 5:39 AM

Nightmare Alley was a flop. I think his ego is bigger than his actual appeal. The Bernstein movie will also be a flop. It will get the Netflix prestige but no one would see it on a theater. Bradley is entering his decline - closeted weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2022 6:04 AM

I thought he was awful in Nightmare Alley. Couldn't hold a candle to Tyrone Power, both in terms of looks and talent.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2022 6:19 AM

Imagine being R9 and not having doctors to prescribe the proper meds

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2022 9:19 AM

Ten people would disagree with you, R52.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2022 10:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 12, 2022 9:14 PM

Director: Spike Lee

Three time nominee: Viola

by Anonymousreply 55July 12, 2022 9:26 PM

Why would Huma and Bradley need to hide their “affair”? Neither is married.

Or is that a ploy to make it seem real?

In my head, I get him mixed up with fellow closet case Jeremy Renner.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2023 11:22 AM

He's so truly unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2023 11:30 AM

[quote]Perhaps these Hollywood haters will be more moved by his next directorial effort, Maestro, a drama centering on composer Leonard Bernstein.

They won't be, that film sucks apparently.

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2023 11:33 AM

Stars whining about past slights seems to be a side effect of the #MeToo movement. Maybe it's the #MeMeMe movement...

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2023 11:46 AM

Wow, Bradley Cooper sure incites vile hatred posts here on DataLounge. Good thing he's very wealthy, successful, goodlooking, and Happy in his personal life that he does not need validation from jealous trolls who troll for the sake of trolling just to get their kicks. Must be a lot of unhappy bitter folks on DL with too much time on their hands, sad and sorrowful, and downright wrong. Shameful.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2023 12:03 PM

Fuck that closet. He needs to lay off the cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2023 12:08 PM

R60, sounds like he needs all the validation, per his own words at OP.

I love how social media and Covid Lockdowns destroyed narcissistic celebrities' filters! It's fun to see them lay their self-absorbed neurosis bare.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2023 12:19 PM

This all sounds made up. Lies. I don't believe any of it

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2023 2:11 PM

He looks like a shark that wants to bite off my arm. That’s why I find his looks off putting.

Unsurprisingly he is your typical insecure actor. If those 2 encounters are the worst exchanges he’s had in his career then he should consider himself fucking lucky. Because obviously he nurses his grudges and neither instances sound particularly horrible if at all. The director might have been being an asshole intentionally or he might have been saying, albeit in a clunky way, that the actress was under appreciated by Hollywood. I have to say though that Bradley Cooper having gotten 7 noms seems really excessive.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2023 3:11 PM

Why would he want to retraumatise himself by recounting the story in public?

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2023 3:12 PM

Because Miss Cooper is an "ATTENTION WHORE"...This has already been covered a million times at University of Hollywood.

Miss Bradley Cooper#101 and #102. Basic closeted gay bitch attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2023 3:21 PM

Why bump this year-old thread?

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2023 3:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!