Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas Republicans formally reject Biden's election as illegitimate

Passed as a resolution at their state convention and now a part of their state party platform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2022 2:32 PM

Hoo boy, here we go.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2022 9:46 PM

Can't they just secede?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2022 9:50 PM

The way their economy's going, that's really a net loss for the rest of the country if they fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 9:52 PM

Now this is exactly why the 2 times I was in Texas I loathed every second of it. The people seem so nice on the surface,but inside they are awful .

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 9:52 PM

What a bunch of cunts!

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 9:54 PM

And I thought Dems took the 2016 loss badly, this is an entirely new level of coping here.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 9:57 PM

Like toddlers, sticking their fat hands over their ears and screaming "NYAH NYAH NYAH, CAN'T HEAR YOU, DADA!" while drooling and wearing a diaper packed full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 9:59 PM

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2022 10:00 PM

And what does the Texas Democrat platform say in response to this TXGOP childishness?

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2022 10:01 PM

I would love it if the federal govt cuts Texas off completely, let them go their own way and see how that works.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2022 10:02 PM

R9 This only happened this morning.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2022 10:02 PM

This is another attack on having a country with legitimate elections. If this keeps up any politician that wins, who is left of right wing fascist nut job, will be declared illegitimate.

This isn't a joke, they are doing this to create chaos around elections and whether they are valid or not.

Say goodbye to any semblance of free society this is more Robert Mercer/Roy Cohn destroy society and remake it strategy.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote] This only happened this morning.

It happened yesterday

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2022 10:08 PM

Everything in Texas is bigger except brains which are the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2022 10:28 PM

This is insane. They're against federal income taxes....cool, don't take money from the federal government, then

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2022 10:29 PM

I think this will backfire on the GOP.

When you convince your followers that elections aren’t fair and are rigged, it will inevitably lead some to believe that voting is a waste of time. If it’s already rigged, why bother?

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2022 10:32 PM

[quote] And what does the Texas Democrat platform say in response to this TXGOP childishness?

Oh, please be cooperative. Pleeeeeese.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2022 10:33 PM

The extremists booed John Cornyn and attacked Dan Crenshaw. There is a breach forming between the all-out crazies and the moderate crazies of the Texas GOP. Their platform is totally nuts in every detail. This could work in our favor. They make a lot of noise but they don't have the numbers. Both gun control and abortion are supported by over 70% of the Texas population. Now if Dems just get off their asses and vote.

A Houston Chronicle journalist reported only 4,000 people showed up at their Convention. Over 10,000 was common in past years.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2022 10:39 PM

Motherfucking deplorable morons.

Are the Log Cabin Repigs feeling okay?

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2022 11:01 PM

Property taxes in Texas cities are sky-high and climbing. They have to be as there is no state income tax. The GOP keeps them low in rural, GOP districts and the Dem cities have to pay for the schools in rural Texas. It's a grift.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote] A Houston Chronicle journalist reported only 4,000 people showed up at their Convention. Over 10,000 was common in past years.

R18, that sounds like what I predict happening. The hardcore Trumpists I have encountered over the past year proclaim their belief in a rigged election close to the start of our conversations to establish that they are true Republicans. They might not have believed it at first, but repetition plants doubts, which grow, until you have a bunch of people believing that elections are decided by a small group of elites which by nature aren’t true patriots or they wouldn’t be a part of the grift.

A number of those people will not bother voting again and, at least in the case of a elderly neighbor, didn’t vote in the last primary as a protest, and are telling everyone they know that they aren’t voting ever again and why.

I’ve known this particular neighbor for almost 20 years and he has always been pleasant and helpful but we always avoided political conversation because it was obvious our views were vastly different. He saw my political signs and I saw his, that was all. In the past year and a half since the election, he has told me two or three times that he’s not voting any longer because “they aren’t going to count my vote.” He’s as pleasant as ever and we still chat a couple of times a month about our gardens. He’s generally an intelligent conservative so this turn is so unexpected.

This man, previously politically involved enough to get yard signs and put them out in nearly every election, cannot be the only one who now is going to ‘take their ball and go home’ as it were.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2022 1:36 AM

Texas is repulsive

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2022 2:06 AM

[quote]Can't they just secede?

The just-passed GOP platform in TX calls for the state to hold a referendum on whether it should secede.

We should be so lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2022 5:40 PM

It's Texas. They all have guns. Can't they just shoot it out in the local mall?

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2022 5:53 PM

I hope you’re right, Tony. I think I may sow a little chaos of my own and start posting on reich wing sites that “we should just stay home!”

Why not? They’ve been saying it to us for years and are putting $behind Yang to split votes.

Fuck ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2022 6:00 PM

It’s sad that Texas has completely lost their marbles and is now the leader for lies, guns for teenagers, and Trump boot licking. Many states like California have Texas on a no fly zone, meaning no government employees can attend conferences or travel to Texas. I think more states will continue to boycott them.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2022 6:01 PM

Houston democrat here and I hate to break it to all the "boo, texas" folks but this is how the GOP all over the country will be. We don't like the results of an election? Fine, we'll just declare it illegitimate and take it to court or keep the winner from being sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2022 6:27 PM

OP is once again THE troll. He’s playing both sides all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2022 6:34 PM

Perhaps Mexico needs to invade Texas and make all the residents become low paid taqueria workers.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2022 6:36 PM

r28 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2022 6:38 PM

The entire Texas Republican party platform is batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2022 6:41 PM

Wasn't some governor's race or something in a southern state, not Texas, contested with the winner not being sworn in or something? I seem to remember this a few years ago when Shitbag was still president. I don't think I ever heard what happened with that. I think it was GA or one of the Carolinas.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2022 6:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2022 6:53 PM

Is it treasonous to do this if every court has said there was no election fraud AND the congress certified the election?

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2022 6:58 PM

r34 not when the same played out with Trump's win. However, times are changing and one can continuously invoke Jan 6 as evidence of why this is a call to arms and insurrection because it's an organization and not just an idea.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2022 7:03 PM

I don’t know if the courts ever said there was no fraud, just that there was no evidence of fraud presented in affidavits, not even enough for a trial.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2022 7:17 PM

[quote] The sad thing is that the Dems are so out of touch with what the majority of American's want and care about that the INSANITY that is Trump and many Rethugs seems like a better option to so many. This thing is about to get uglier.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2022 7:19 PM

Any fraud found was with trumpublicans. They cheat.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote]The sad thing is that the Dems are so out of touch with what the majority of American's want and care about that the INSANITY that is Trump and many Rethugs seems like a better option to so many.

The majority wanted Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2022 7:39 PM

The Texas GOP also put into their platform that “homosexuality is an abnormal lifestyle choice” and a whole bunch of mean, hateful stuff to go along with it including supporting conversion therapy. The Texas Log Cabin Republicans are concerned.

It would be a godsend if Texas seceded and took their electoral college votes, two senators and pack their of jackals in the House with them. But that’s a pipe dream of course.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2022 7:56 PM

Fuck these ignorant redneck pieces of shit. The world has moved on and they can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2022 8:02 PM

Are people in Austin, Houston and Dallas worried that rednecks will attack them if they are fat, black or Jewish? They seem very obsessed and angry.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2022 8:09 PM

Sorry meant gay not fat

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2022 8:10 PM

R43 I'm white and gay. Neighbors here do not discuss politics. The worst I've seen were Trump Cornyn and Cruz signs in front yards.

No, no one is scared. Remember, in Texas Jews, Blacks and homos have guns too.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote]The Texas Log Cabin Republicans are concerned.

Fuck those faggots, that’s MY streetcorner and I’ve turned a fuckload of tricks with that line.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2022 8:15 PM

Texas Republicans are generally crazy. But somehow it was the craziest of the crazy that showed up for the convention. This is what the Republican “base” looks like.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2022 8:21 PM

Digging in on stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2022 8:28 PM

[quote]Sorry meant gay not fat

Phew!

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2022 2:33 PM

Any new bigot news from racist and homophobic Texas?

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2022 12:59 AM

When they talk about seceding, I wish the democrats would say, "fine, but Texas belongs to the United States, you can do what ever you want, once you purchase Texas at fair market value"

This is America not some communist country where we give out states for free. Buy it. Buy the mineral rights, buy the water rights, buy the air rights, buy the name. Buy it ALL, at fair market value.

They're going to need tens of trillions of dollars before they can turn Texas into Dumbfuckastan

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2022 7:34 PM

[quote] Texas Republicans formally reject Biden's election as illegitimate

So they accept that it was legitimate, OP/retard?

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2022 7:40 PM

R50, why would we make it harder for them to secede? Fuck them!

It should be “When they talk about seceding, I wish the democrats would say, "fine.”

But don’t come crying to us when your electric grid goes out again after a dusting of snow. And don’t look to us for any money. You’re like the bad seed who gets thrown out of the house but comes crawling back when they can’t make it on their own. Tough shit.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2022 7:53 PM

R51 that's not a double negative.

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2022 2:08 PM

good for them. democraps stole the election and they know it. hell, everybody knows it!

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2022 2:10 PM

R54 Did you get lost on the way to stormfront again obese repig??

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2022 2:12 PM

OMG won't Trump PLEASE shit in my mouth????

by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2022 2:25 PM

R54, you're not even worth a F&F.

by Anonymousreply 57June 27, 2022 2:27 PM

El Paso can join New Mexico (as they're already on their power grid). The rest of TX can secede from the U.S. and enjoy being a little plutocracy with dwindling oil revenues—like a mini-Russia, but with less water. Maybe take Oklahoma with them.

by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2022 2:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!