Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Al Pacino Wants to See Timothée Chalamet Take Over His Role in a ‘Heat’ Sequel

After 27 years, the follow-up to “Heat” is almost here. Writer-director Michael Mann is releasing a continuation of his beloved crime epic on August 9 in the form of a novel, titled “Heat 2.” The book will trace the lives of master criminal Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro) and obsessive detective Lt. Vincent Hanna (Al Pacino) before and after the events of his 1995 film.

When asked who could play Lt. Hanna in a potential film adaptation of the sequel, Pacino made one suggestion that was met with bursting applause.

“Timothée Chalamet,” Pacino said on Friday night at the United Palace theater in Manhattan’s Washington Heights. “I mean, he’s a wonderful actor. Great looks.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2022 1:09 PM

HEAT II: THE JANE HATHAWAY FILES.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2022 9:19 PM

Michelle Pfeiffer last week also said she would like to see Chalamet take over her role in "The fabulous Baker boys"

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2022 9:24 PM

I'd like to see that, too!

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 9:26 PM

Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau from the great beyond want Timothee to play both their roles in all their costarring vehicles.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 9:27 PM

Last week Stuart Little issued an emotional statement insisting only Timothée can play him in a sequel.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 9:27 PM

I always knew Al would wind up in bed with a boy

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 9:39 PM

Wait, there's a Heat sequel coming? And it's a book? And it covers the before *and* the after of the events of the movie for both main characters? How are they going to do that for Neil MacCauley - unless he isn't dead? Which he definitely seemed to be.

Heat is such a great movie. The bank robbery scene is still my favourite action scene of all time.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 9:51 PM

You've got to be kidding me, is the world going blind?

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2022 9:24 AM

Another instance of cinema perfection remade into a steaming pile of shit.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2022 9:27 AM

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2022 9:29 AM

What a load full of garbage. Wasn't the infamous ratboy spoiling Wonka not enough? spare us this time ffs.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2022 9:38 AM

Amanda Bynes issued a heartwarming statement yesterday saying only Timothee Chalamet can play her role Viola if sequel to She's the man ever get made.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2022 6:07 AM

He wants him to play a 50-something character?

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2022 9:25 AM

Timmy would be perfect casting

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2022 3:51 PM

"Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in Heat" was always an unintentionally funny title back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2022 6:00 PM

I would like to see Timmy cast in Heat 2 just because I know he would fuck it up and we would see less of him. He's a model who gets acting jobs and not a real actor.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 10:46 AM

How many casting couches did Timmy sit on for this?

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 11:04 AM

Gabourey Sidibe weighs in on a possible replacement for a Precious remake..

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 11:09 AM

R16 yeah he could be one of those skinny models, he's very photogenic, looks crap in person though.

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2022 8:14 AM

I really like both DeNiro and Pacino, and I even like crime films. But I fucking hate that overly-long, boring piece-of-shit movie. THREE HOURS?! I only reserve that kind of time for "Gone With The Wind" (which is even longer, as we all know).

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2022 9:45 AM

[quote]He wants him to play a 50-something character?

I want him to play a 50-load character.

by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2022 10:02 AM

Sad last days, his mind is gone.

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2022 10:15 AM

Is it possible he was being sardonic?

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2022 11:29 AM

I used to get free tickets to the movies and saw Heat many times. Robert DeNiro was fantastic in it. The bank robbery shootout was incredible. Natalie Portman played the suicidal daughter. It was 2hr 50 min and the only part that dragged was Pacino’s character’s scenes with his discontented wife.

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2022 11:45 AM

I have always found Al attractive, still looks pretty good for an old geezer.

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2022 11:48 AM

Al wants Timmy to sit on his face.

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2022 12:54 PM

[quote] Timmy would be perfect casting

Timmy would be perfect in a cast. His acting is that stiff once you cast aside his peeling-onions emoting.

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2022 1:08 PM

Al O'Tay

by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2022 1:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!