Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Maya Rudolph Reveals She Was Offered Title Role in ‘Killing Eve’ and Turned It Down

Sandra Oh should thank her for turning it down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2022 10:02 PM

She would have sucked in the role.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2022 4:27 AM

It’s like a lie.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2022 4:34 AM

I like Maya Rudolph but there's no way she could have pulled off the obsession/sexual chemistry with Jodie Comer like Sandra Oh did.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 4:36 AM

Maya Rudolph is one of those actors where you think, "Why are they famous and successful?"

She's not funny. Or, even amusing.

And...to be kind....on the 'plain' side of the fence.

She seems like a lovely woman but again...don't quite get the success.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 4:57 AM

Maya and Tiffany Haddish should team up for a comedy series. That'd be HIGHlarious!

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 5:12 AM

I find her hysterical

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2022 1:52 AM

R4, She has her moments. She does a dam good Queen Bey impersonation. Sometimes being an agreeable pleasant person goes a long way in this industry.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2022 1:55 AM

Which role, she’s neither British or Asian?

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2022 1:56 AM

“But there was no way I was about to move to Europe for months. Like, how?” Rudolph said in the interview.”

1) No ambition from these young people today. I would have walked on burning coals for Mr. Mayer.

2) In my day we didn’t kiss and tell about parts we turned down.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2022 2:02 AM

I watched her throughout her SNL stint. She's very talented and has great comic timing.

Sandra Oh made the role her own, but had Rudolph taken it, it would have kicked her career up to the next level, just like it did for Oh. She wouldn't have been offered the role unless she would have nailed it.

It was kind tacky of the Hollywood Reporter to bring it up, though?

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2022 2:04 AM

she's funny when playing other dead-eyed celebs like Beyoncé and Donatella Versace, but her Whitney Houston, Liza and Oprah sucked. I still don't understand her alleged Dionne Warwick on the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, or that horrid attempt a variety show.

She doesn't seem all that pleasant or agreeable, I bet she sings Fiona Apple songs to PT Anderson whenever she's pissed at him.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2022 2:05 AM

R9, she has four children and her husband is a huge L.A.-based director. So, that played a role in her not moving to Europe.

Also, it was the Hollywood Reporter who brought it up.

[quote]I bet she sings Fiona Apple songs to PT Anderson whenever she's pissed at him.

R11, this was funny. Also, her Whitney wasn't accurate, but, I found it funny at the time. Now, it would be a bit too hard to watch.

She was great as Jodi Dietz (cohost of The Bronx Beat with Amy Poehler). Also, I love her in Bridesmaids and she was good in Away We Go.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2022 2:11 AM

Probably has to keep her eyes on hubby, he is a cheater

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2022 2:16 AM

With actresses, turning down projects is often just about location. A movie is a short commitment--Sometimes even just a few days. A TV show can go on forever and no matter how successful it is, a star can rarely get it moved to their home city.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2022 2:30 AM

R12 I also had four children…but I selected them personally.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2022 2:35 AM

Does everyone know her mother, singer Minnie Riperton.? Her big song was Loving You and she sings Maya, Maya, Maya in the chorus...I always hear that when I see her. She has a great voice and range, she was childhood friends with Paltrow. Guess she’s always been connected. I like her in some parts, charming and funny.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2022 2:38 AM

One of the most beautiful songs ever recorded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2022 2:39 AM

R16, you forgot :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2022 2:41 AM

I don't find her funny either but she seems like a pleasant person.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2022 2:58 AM

We should thank her. Terrible actress. How does she get jobs?

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2022 6:05 AM

Thank God. I have nothing against Maya but Sandra Oh is just better at acting.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2022 11:01 AM

Why doesn’t she ever star in one of her husband’s films? That’s very unusual for an actress married to a director.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2022 11:24 AM

She's talented, but if she and Wiig, Pohler, Fey and McKinnon went away, I'd be fine.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2022 11:34 AM

R22 PTA only puts talented people in his films.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2022 3:18 PM

I only find her occasionally funny but she was good in Away We Go. Plus, she's the bane of Fiona Apple's existance, so I like her just fine.

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2022 10:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!