Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amy Schumer Getting Backlash For Shading Tiffany Haddish

Amy Schumer, who appeared on the latest episode of HBO’s The Shop with LeBron James, Maverick Carter, Paul Rivera, Fat Joe and Don Lemon, posed some questions about Tiffany Haddish that had viewers scratching their heads.

Lemon was leading a powerful discussion on Black vulnerability in the media and how necessary it is when the comedian changed topics, referencing a comment made earlier about “aspirational” entertainers. She acknowledge derailing the conversation but then proceeded, saying that women entertainers adhere to different rules and have to sacrifice their self-confidence for success.

“This is totally off-topic,” she said. “But I think it’s the opposite for women and female comics.”

She continued and shared that she grew up listening to Lil’ Kim and appreciated her boldness. The comedian, however, added that she thinks Lil’ Kim downplays a part of herself publicly for the sake of her career.

Schumer said she and other female comedians like Chelsea Handler and Moms Mabley have to make jokes about being “a drunk” or a “fat whore” in order to break the glass ceiling.

Lemon took back control of the conversation, countering Schumer’s perspective. The CNN host said that there are women in the industry who are “breaking the mold and not doing that.” He went on to name Haddish as an example of someone who has seen a meteoric rise without putting herself down. Proving his point, Lemon referenced Haddish clapping back at reporter Lauren Zima who referred to her Oscars gown as a “costume.”

“This is not an acting gig,” she told Zima at the time. “This is my life. This what fame look like. That what success look like.”

Schumer challenged Lemon’s point, questioning whether Haddish standing up for herself was helping or hurting her career.

“But how is that going for her?” she asked. “I’m really asking this. I’m really asking this.”

“I love Tiff,” Lemon said, as Schumer jumped in, again.

“I love Tiff, too, she’s incredible. She’s had a huge meteoric rise. I’m wondering if people are going to get pissed at her,” Schumer said.

A clip of the exchange has since circulated on social media, and fans are not holding back, Atlanta Black Star reports.

“I really honestly started to NOT like her from the moment I seen her on The Kardashians,” one Instagram user wrote.

“It’s giving hater,” another added.

“THE CAUDACITY!!! Is Tiff worried about you? NO!” a Haddish fan commented.

Many questioned why she was on the panel in the first place.

“We don’t even like Amy – why is she here?” someone asked.

One user referenced the backlash she received following her comments about still being “triggered and traumatized” following Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars.

“Why she on this [platform]?! Aint she traumatized by Will??” someone asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2022 2:13 PM

It's interesting that she called on Moms Mabley as some sort of spiritual protection.

White girls don't get protection from Moms Mabley.

I don't hate Amy Schumer but she plays outside her field,

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2022 3:21 AM

LOCK ‘ER UP ! !

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2022 3:23 AM

[quote] “This what fame look like. That what success look like.”

That’s not what English looks like, though.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2022 3:24 AM

After fawning over Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock, Haddish can go fuck herself. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2022 3:44 AM

They were pushing Haddish like the next Whoopi Goldberg. Mostly she's just been one-note meh.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2022 3:44 AM

My sisters don’t find either of them funny but their opinion of Haddish is more harsh, as they feel she isn’t funny as much as “ratchet”, and people seem to find some sort of humor in her acting up a ratchet stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2022 3:48 AM

I don’t understand what this is even about.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2022 3:50 AM

[quote] After fawning over Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock, Haddish can go fuck herself. Cunt.

I agree, she's a fucking cunt. The Academy invited her for membership back in 2018 and honestly she didn't deserve it then and her defense of Will Smith was just fucking gross. I wish the Academy would only invite people who have been in Oscar nominated films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2022 3:53 AM

I think Amy dared say that a black performer is making something other than perfect choices. So she’s a monster who needs to be machine gunned.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2022 3:54 AM

[quote]They were pushing Haddish like the next Whoopi Goldberg. Mostly she's just been one-note meh.

r5 I think this is Haddish's only hope to keep her out of one-trick pony territory. If she can pull this off well, she will be a Whoopi for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2022 4:06 AM

White performers aren't allowed a variety of opinions except to extoll and apologize to black artists, we get it!

I don't even really know who Tiffany Haddish is, other than reading about her Will Smith gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2022 4:22 AM

Haddish is a crappy actress. She was awful in that movie she did with Billy Crystal.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2022 4:30 AM

Haddish was also terrible in that Netflix biopic about Madame CJ Walker. Terrible casting choice for Flo Jo. She was also a total bitch to that reporter for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2022 4:38 AM

Tiffany Haddish is a ghetto trash bitch.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2022 4:53 AM

[quote] saying that women entertainers adhere to different rules and have to sacrifice their self-confidence for success.

[quote] Schumer said she and other female comedians like Chelsea Handler and Moms Mabley have to make jokes about being “a drunk” or a “fat whore” in order to break the glass ceiling.

She's talking about the straight ones, I assume. What a stupid cunt. The straight female comedian's cross to bear is acting like a drunken whore. Boohoo.

She's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2022 4:53 AM

I don't know them

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2022 4:55 AM

I don't understand the point that either Don Lemon or Schumer were trying to make. Don was trying to say it's important for black people to be vulnerable. Schumer counters that with: women have to be self-deprecating to be successful. Why does anyone need to be "vulnerable"? That's a weakness. Schumer's comment wasn't even relating to that.

IMO, Haddish made too much of the "costume change" comment. However, black people that I respect seemed to think the comment was disrespectful, so I'll respect their perspective.

Schumer and Haddish both are irritating, IMO. Schumer's not even funny. Haddish acts like a buffoon, at times.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2022 5:06 AM

r7 it's all repugnant but when it comes to Schumer... everything is so fake.

No surprise she mentioned Chelsea Handler, though. They have the same ethic of fucking your way to the top and then crybullying in revenge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2022 5:30 AM

The Shop also seems weak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2022 5:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2022 5:32 AM

A female comedian recently spoke out on TikTok about how awful Schumer was back before she hit it big, so she can only imagine now.

She said Schumer stole her jokes and when she confronted her Schumer had her banned or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2022 5:37 AM

Tiffany Haddish squandered her opportunity on awful projects after breaking out in girls trip, but I’m she’s she’s rich af now. But seriously, she has been appearing in utter shit for years.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2022 5:58 AM

I guess here's what Amy meant by, "how's that working out for her"?

Tiffany's recently done a lot of voice projects on animated tv shows and straight to On Demand movies. She did get a role in a Kevin Hart film

But I wouldn't have said that if I were Amy. That was stupid of her. She deserves the backlash. I don't remember her being in anything lately either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2022 7:46 AM

She's as stupid as her useless uncle. And she used to steal jokes all the time

Here's her IMDB page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2022 7:48 AM

[quote]No surprise she mentioned Chelsea Handler, though. They have the same ethic of fucking your way to the top and then crybullying in revenge.

Ironically, Tiffany is in a movie with Chelsea's boyfriend. I think it comes out July or August. See the link at R23. I think it's called Easter Sunday or something about Easter

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2022 7:51 AM

[quote]But I wouldn't have said that if I were Amy. That was stupid of her. She deserves the backlash.

She does. She was saying that women have to be self-deprecating, and that that Haddish not acting that way, especially in that one incident with her gown being called a "costume," has cost her a career. That's just inappropriate to say about anybody. I don't know how Schumer gets away with being such a dick to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2022 8:23 AM

"Lemon was leading a powerful discussion on Black vulnerability in the media and how necessary it is..."

Why is every, and I mean EVERY, fucking conservation about BLAAACK whatever "powerful"? Are there no other adjectives? Why can't these individuals just HAVE A DISCUSSION with no fawning embellishment from white liberal writers?

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2022 9:24 AM

Wtf are any of these people on about?

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2022 10:04 AM

Lemon, Schumer and Haddish are all equally devoid of intelligence, appeal or talent.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2022 10:33 AM

R27 In the dumbed down social media age, that’s what passes as “powerful.”

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2022 10:34 AM

Haddish is a representative of all of the possible outcomes one could have when you have to start putting out at age 11 in foster care homes.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2022 10:37 AM

R27. I'm black and I kinda get what your saying. We're just a powerful people lol. I know it's annoying but it's because race is so polarizing in the states; powerful is just a metaphor for intense.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2022 10:38 AM

R32 it’s infantilizing. That’s the problem. One dopey celebrity should be able to comment on another dopey celebrity without it becoming an accusation of racism.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2022 10:55 AM

Tiffany being a bitch to the reporter wasn't about confidence, it was about being a cunt. And her defense of Will Smith was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2022 11:08 AM

Asking Haddish “Did you do a little costume change?” when she arrived at the Oscar afterparty was supremely cunty. Don't act like Tiffany got cunty back for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2022 11:12 AM

They both can be very funny, but both seem extremely annoying.

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2022 11:14 AM

Well when you look like Amy Schumer I can see how you would need to constantly apologize for your face just to get ahead. She looks like God filled a pair of pantyhose with ground chuck and flung it to earth - just all bulging meat.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2022 11:47 AM

Oh, please, R35, it was a boiler plate red carpet question. Tiffany made it a cunty inquisition (oh and the 'costume' was ugly af anyway.

Here is the entire Tiffany cunting exchange:

While arriving, the 42-year-old comedian and actress ran into Entertainment Tonight, where Lauren Zima, made a comment about her “little costume change.”

Tiffany quickly quipped, “I’m not wearing a costume, I’m wearing Dolce & Gabbana. It’s called an evening gown, darling.”

“No one’s paying me. I paid for this. This is custom. Thank you,” she added. “This is not an act, this is my life. This is what fame look like. This what success look like. This what money look like.”

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2022 11:47 AM

[quote]it was a boiler plate red carpet question

A boilerplate red carpet question would be to ask her who she's wearing, not call it a costume.

I'm sorry no one will talk to you unless you say stupid things, but that's not my problem.

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2022 11:50 AM

I think both Schumer and Haddish both suck. I think Haddish milks her foster child background quite a bit like Pete Davidson does as being the son of a fallen 9/11 firefighter. They both use their childhood traumas for constant sympathies.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2022 11:52 AM

Why was she there, they ask… to get her pussy, murdered! Sillies!

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2022 11:54 AM

R39, Tiffany came off as a fool. Sorry you have shit taste and trash manners, but it's not our job to explain how polite people behave.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2022 11:55 AM

R38 This is what illiteracy look like.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2022 12:00 PM

If we are just talking about TH's red-carpet exchange, that is just classic celebrity taking themselves way too seriously.

I'm not sure what race has to do with that. I'm black and I would have told that bitch to please calm down if she responded to me just doing my job making pleasant conversation with her for the camera. Gurl we are not pressed about your Dolce outfit.

That is like Laverne Cox mentioning Will & Jada's entanglement on the red carpet and people asking her to apologize. These sensitive ass celebrities need to just stay at home if they can't handle being outside their bubble of people worshipping them all day.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2022 12:36 PM

Black people are on edge and looking to be offended by anything. Haddish knew she didn’t mean anything by the words “costume change” and showed her insecurity by acting ratchet. It was the most cringe, déclassé way to behave. As for Schumer? I never understood how she even has a career. She sounds dim and her brand of “humor” is mean-frau.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2022 1:11 PM

[quote]Black people are on edge and looking to be offended by anything.

No they are not r45. Do not make blanket statements about black PEOPLE because a black CELEBRITY is acting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2022 1:13 PM

Haddish was awful in The Card Counter. Like terrible for the ages bad, just in a movie barely anyone saw. She had a lot of goodwill after Girls Trip, with many big name directors courting her, but turns out she doesn’t have the acting chops to do anything beyond basic comedy shit. Oh well, she can always tour with her standup.

Schumer seems to know her own limitations when it comes to acting beyond her comedic persona, maybe she recognizes that in Haddish.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2022 1:28 PM

Haddish could have legitimately misinterpreted the costume change question. Which would not have been a big deal, but her response was a little over the top. Even if the reporter was being snide (I doubt it, but nobody knows), going off on a tangent about how she paid for her gown made Haddish look weak and defensive, not strong. Doesn’t seem like that big of a deal either way, though.

Schumer didn’t like being contradicted, so she said something stupid. She wasn’t necessarily wrong, but it was petty and she was WAY over exaggerating any impact it might have on Haddish’s career.

[quote] Schumer said she and other female comedians like Chelsea Handler and Moms Mabley have to make jokes about being “a drunk” or a “fat whore” in order to break the glass ceiling.

Do Handler and Schumer “have to” make those jokes or are they just playing themselves? Maybe I’m just proving Schumer’s point.

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2022 1:32 PM

More pretending that what people are saying on social media = what people are saying in the real world.

Lazy Journalism 101

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2022 1:36 PM

R46 You sound offended.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2022 1:37 PM

Are we not gna acknowledge that fact that Haddish was obviously drunk during that red carpet interview. She was being beauty and passive aggressive. The host didn't even mean it like that.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2022 1:38 PM

We live in a time where people are free to dissect, deconstruct and put their own imaginary intentions behind what others say to justify being offended and painting the other person a racist. So yes, people of all types are looking to be offended by anything.

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2022 1:46 PM

Seriously, R49. When did "journalism" become transcribing podcast interviews and pasting stupid twitter reactions?

Haddish's public support for the dictator ruling Eritrea is especially appalling. C

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2022 1:51 PM

Low IQ

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2022 2:02 PM

I'm team Miss Piggy. Haddish is a race bater and is not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2022 2:04 PM

Am not r50. Already stated my thoughts on this.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2022 2:04 PM

R10 I'm sorry but Tiffany is 42 and Flo- Jo passed when she was 38. She can't play the late Flo-Jo at this point. Produce? Heck yeah, give her a shot on that I do dare say.

Amy I am sick of. Just sick. She doesn't have the gravitas to carry on so. I'm a Latina who is a Lesbian I watched and greatly enjoyed Katt Williams WWW III special on Netflix yesterday evening. Comedy needs a female version of him regardless of race, ethnicity, or creed.

Tiffany came up hard. She obviously has trauma from that. I hope she has a good therapist. But, she wasn't even at the interview. Leave her be. Amy had to invoke Moms Mabely?! Really?! The late Joan Rivers herself would have wondered a thing or two about that and she probably met her a time or two way back in the day.

Amy put her foot in it. She's homely and steals jokes.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2022 2:28 PM

[quote]Lemon was leading a powerful discussion on Black vulnerability in the media

Enough said. Amy, a white person, is not allowed to insult a woman of color! Especially not during pride month! Because of racism or something.

POWERFUL DISCUSSION.

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2022 2:29 PM

r35 r38 I think most entertainment reporters are fawning idiots—or are fake/act like fawning idiots and therefore have to drink a fifth of gin every 48 hours to cope. However the problem with the phrase "costume change" is that it was some kind of misplaced trigger for Tiffany. One can imagine her mind flashing..."Costume change? COSTUME?! Am I some kind of African slave to be costumed for your amusement?! I am a rich powerful Boss who knows her Italian fashion designers." She couldn't say that, so was short and snippy and bitchy,

"Costume change" wasn't a dis, it was a way for the reporter to think she was being cutesy. If you go to a party and the hostess changes into a second outfit after cocktails and before dinner, her guests may refer to it as a costume change.

But Tiffany has limited emotional intelligence, is ultra-sensitive, and—most ironically—has no sense of humor. She is consumed with projecting strength and power and wealth—the trinity of what black women in business want to project back to the black community...and what the black community craves from them, yet much of it is fronting.

I can imagine the kind of hell she puts her business manager/accountants through to make sure they are not stealing from her.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2022 2:31 PM

Right on r59 - Haddish is not funny and not that talented but came up just when BLM was. So she was pushed (based on a novel by Saffire) and awarded nondeservedly. The Emmy for SNL which she was not that funny on. Now Wanda Sykes is actually smart and funny. I feel black entertainers were more talented as was everyone back in the 60s & 70s. That Girls Nite Out shit was toilet humor and terrifying . Amy Schumer is not good looking and has questionable taste but she is funny and has added her unique voice and brand of humor to the pantheon.

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2022 3:33 PM

No. Amy is not in the pantheon.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2022 4:11 PM

The reporter should’ve asked Haddish why she doesn’t have that ugly wart removed if she’s so successful.

Schumer is just all around unpleasant to look at. Her face hurts my eyes.

Lemon is a disingenuous hack.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2022 4:32 PM

Kevin Hart made Tiffany Haddish.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote]Asking Haddish “Did you do a little costume change?” when she arrived at the Oscar afterparty was supremely cunty. Don't act like Tiffany got cunty back for no reason.

That's false. "costume change" is some old term from the 1930s. Tiffany must not have ever heard the term. There's never been any kind of negative connotation regarding that term either. The interviewer meant no disrespect. It was obvious that Tiffany was already in a bad mood to have overreacted that way. I wondered if she might be bipolar, because her reaction was so over the top.

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2022 8:50 PM

"costume change" is some old term from the 1930s??

It's not a term, it's two words which a performer uses to mean "changed clothes". A lot of people are triggered and challenged because they have very limited experience around people with a vocabulary over a hundred words. Haddish is obviously a bit of a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2022 11:42 PM

No Haddish isn't a dummy, I have no idea why she decided to take offense at that interviewers word choice. So many other choices she could have made, I could say the same for Amy, why make that comment about Tiffany? You just lookin for trouble? Really stupid choice there Amy.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2022 11:51 PM

[quote]But Tiffany has limited emotional intelligence, is ultra-sensitive, and—most ironically—has no sense of humor.

She also parties A LOT. Her reaction had me wondering if she was already lit during that interview and that was the reason she got triggered.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2022 11:54 PM

Maybe she was angry she had to pay for that ugly dress. Don't most stars get dresses for free?

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2022 11:56 PM

I don't know why Haddish had to say: This is what wealth looks like ... blah blah blah. She sounded so insecure and overdoing it.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2022 12:07 AM

R65 This is the best comment on this thread. Ha! Its true.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2022 3:39 AM

People seem to LOVE to HATE Amy Schumer, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2022 4:06 AM

Of course DL hates her. She was in bed with a naked John Cena.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2022 4:34 AM

Amy is unapologetic about her looks, she behaves as if she doesn't give a fuck what people think and that goes right to what she was saying in that interview. Women who aren't deferential or sufficiently humble piss straight men off and the women who support them.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2022 4:42 AM

What I remember from the costume change interview was that Tiffany started off super defensive but quickly realized she was being so unnecessarily and the interview didn’t end on a bad note. I know it was a very short exchange but that’s what I recall. And yeah she seemed a bit tipsy as well.

I’m a fan of hers even though she 100% supported Will Smith after the slap. There is no way she would show disloyalty to the Smiths when they are the reason she was able to get her foot in the door. I’m a fan of Amy’s too. Female comedians really do get so much shit.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2022 9:59 AM

The thing is, some get second chances and others don't. It is often framed as the privileged (say, white men) get second chances and the less privileged (say, black women) don't.

What Amy was trying to say was that Tiffany got punished for her salty response to the reporter.

But, when we look in the past, there are often cases when, say women, did make some amazing comebacks.

Whoopi Goldberg got basically canceled after an anti Bush joke in 2004. Advertisers dropped her, movie career and TV career came to a screeching halt. Then, out of nowhere, she got the The View gig and she is back on top for over a decade.

Ellen Degeneres came out. Lost her sitcom, unemployed for years. Then she did her talk show and it became a massive hit for about 19 years.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2022 10:25 AM

This is such projection. The reason that there was such a backlash against Amy was because she became super famous and it immediately went to her head. Her sketch show became an indulgent, celebrity kiss ass bore and she dropped the joke telling and just became shrill about politics.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2022 10:58 AM

[quote]That's false. "costume change" is some old term from the 1930s. Tiffany must not have ever heard the term.

Now, this is just stupid. Everyone knows what a "costume change" is. It's not some "old term from the 1930s." Where did you even come up with that?

The Oscars afterparties are full of fashion and big designer names. People spend a lot of time and money to look good, and get into the entertainment press based on how they looked and what they did. No one wants to go to all the trouble to get a Dolce & Gabbana for an Oscar afterparty and have some reporter ask in a cutesy way if you had a "little costume change." No one.

I agree with others that Haddish went a little over the top in her response. However, it was understandable. Amy Schumer claiming it was so bad that it killed Haddish's career is utter bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2022 11:07 AM

Amy has become the same kind of vain narcissist who peddles unrealistic beauty standards that she used to lampoon on her show. Now she posts on instagram about getting liposuction because she wanted to look "hot" and was filmed fawning over Kim Kardashian when she did SNL.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote]No one wants to go to all the trouble to get a Dolce & Gabbana for an Oscar afterparty and have some reporter ask in a cutesy way if you had a "little costume change." No one.

Other celebs engage in the same bullshit small talk with red carpet reporters and don't start screaming about money and I BOUGHT THIS DRESS. The question was not demeaning.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2022 1:29 PM

R77 what "trouble" is it to buy an evening gown? Anybody with a few grand can buy a Dolce & Gabbana dress. Since awards shows are a public spectacle not unlike a stage performance, it's not a stretch to call an evening gown a costume. If Tiff was really concerned about getting good press she wouldn't have been an asshole to a journalist, that's PR 101. And if she were really successful, D&G would have dressed for free like the heinous Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2022 1:34 PM

I hate Tiffany

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2022 1:41 PM

[quote]what "trouble" is it to buy an evening gown? Anybody with a few grand can buy a Dolce & Gabbana dress.

An actress presenting at the Oscars doesn't go down to J.C. Penney's and buy a Dolce & Gabbana off the rack.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2022 1:47 PM

They specifically invite white actors in the hope they will say things so they can heap their fake outrage on them. Humans are just bullies.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2022 2:00 PM

R82 well, no, they’d go to Neiman’s or Saks or a D&G boutique…

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2022 2:25 PM

TBH, the gown did look very costumey....

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2022 3:04 PM

Amy was using Haddish as an example because Lemon brought her up in the damn conversation.

Amy was saying that Haddish cannot stand up for herself because she's a woman and will now be hated, and she's correct.

I'm not even a fan of Amy, but it's quite a stretch to claim Amy was slamming Tiffany. She was slamming the industry for making a big deal out of Tiffany's behavior.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote]Amy Schumer claiming it was so bad that it killed Haddish's career is utter bullshit.

This is not what Amy Schumer said, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2022 3:49 PM

Amy Schumer shouldn’t lose her career for shading Tiffany Haddish. She should lose her career because she hasn’t been funny in about 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2022 4:01 PM

Both Schumer and Haddish need to disappear.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote]Right on [R59] - Haddish is not funny and not that talented but came up just when BLM was. So she was pushed (based on a novel by Saffire) and awarded nondeservedly. The Emmy for SNL which she was not that funny on. Now Wanda Sykes is actually smart and funny. I feel black entertainers were more talented as was everyone back in the 60s & 70s. That Girls Nite Out shit was toilet humor and terrifying . Amy Schumer is not good looking and has questionable taste but she is funny and has added her unique voice and brand of humor to the pantheon.

I remember that SNL episode being very hyped up, but it sucked ass and I'm still shaking my head about Haddish getting an Emmy for that. I think Wanda Sykes is miles ahead of dumb ass Haddish.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2022 4:58 PM

I think we can agree that Wanda Sykes is funnier than just about anyone, male or female, black or white.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2022 5:13 PM

[quote]Haddish was awful in The Card Counter. Like terrible for the ages bad, just in a movie barely anyone saw. She had a lot of goodwill after Girls Trip, with many big name directors courting her, but turns out she doesn’t have the acting chops to do anything beyond basic comedy shit. Oh well, she can always tour with her standup.

[quote] Schumer seems to know her own limitations when it comes to acting beyond her comedic persona, maybe she recognizes that in Haddish.

A lot of standup comedians tend to suck when it comes to acting. Improv comedy performers tend to do better in acting when it comes to movies and TV shows. I think Kate McKinnon to be overrated, but she's still a better actress than Schumer and Haddish.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2022 3:17 PM

[quote]“No one’s paying me. I paid for this. This is custom. Thank you,”

Darling, even Amanda de Cadenet would remember the word "haute couture".

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2022 4:06 PM

r64 Like, didn't they, like, say the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas then, as well? Like in the 19th Century, or whatever? (I ALWAYS get confused af about centuries...20th Century, 19th Century, like...why is there a "19" in front of the year/number if it's the TWENIETH Century?!?! Like whyyyyyyyyy?! LMFAO!)

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2022 12:10 AM

Many people could have made the "costume change" remark. I don't think the reporter was rude or intentionally disrespectful. I sometimes refer to them as "outfits" which might be just as offensive.

Haddish was very good in Girls Trip but I haven't seen her in anything other than that film. One of her follow-ups, The Kitchen, was a colossal flop.

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2022 1:26 AM

Could they both fucking go away along with the fucking morons who turns this shit into a "story"? Shoo! Fucking go away already!

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2022 1:28 AM

R68 nails it, that was going through my mind when she was bragging about paying for that god awful dress. Honey, if you were anybody of note, they'd be loaning you jewels and giving you dresses.

She was such a cunt to that interviewer. The bitches on LSA ate it right the fuck up. They hate white people, especially white women and white gay people. White, straight men get a complete fucking pass because they know who writes the checks most of the time.

Haddish is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2022 1:29 AM

R93 - you think Tif knows the term 'haute couture?'

by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2022 1:36 AM

"It was the most cringe"

R45 Learn English before you criticize.

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2022 1:38 AM

Cringicize.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2022 2:06 AM

Can someone tell me why in PHUCK a cat would ever wear pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2022 2:42 PM

D&G = Trash

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2022 2:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!