Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone who sought a pardon from Trump is admitting to wrongdoing. Therefore they must be investigated.

Presidential pardons must be only for humanitarian reasons for people who have already served time.

They must not be for political expediency or reasons, nor to escape justice for illegal actions - otherwise this would mean the POTUS is upholding illegal acts and perpetrating injustice. He or she would not be upholding the oath of office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote] They must not be for political expediency or reasons, nor to escape justice for illegal actions

Silly boy

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2022 2:43 PM

I thought of Clinton's and the Bush pardons when i was writing the post. But i knew i could count on one of you to do that so I figured I'd focus on the principle.

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2022 2:52 PM

Eastman laid down his professional reputation as a foot solider for Maga and was declined a pardon.

Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2022 2:53 PM

Where's the list of congressmen who knew they had broken the law and sought pardons? They must be disbarred from elected office.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 9:56 AM

John Eastman is 62 and Clarence Thomas is 73 - and he clerked for CT. I supposed you can be of any age to be a clerk.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2022 10:01 AM

Pardons of co-conspirators should be declared void.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2022 10:23 AM

Maybe he wants to be pardoned so that he can attend a legitimate law school.

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2022 10:36 AM

How could someone like this be even allowed to run for political office where he'd be paid by taxpayer money? These people should be investigated and put in jail.

We sure know where to start with Matt:

"Former White House senior adviser Eric Herschmann explained that Gaetz was asking for a pardon that essentially included anything he's ever done in his whole life.

"The general tone was, we may get prosecuted because we were defensive of you know, the president's positions on these things. The pardon that he was discussing, or that he was requesting as broad as you could describe from the beginning of, I remember he said, from the beginning of time up until today, for any and all things," Herschmann testified.

Gaetz is under investigation as part of a scheme involving paid sex workers and a series of other things through former Seminole County tax collector, Joel Greenberg."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 9:55 PM

creepy, squishy faced. FREAK.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 10:03 PM

You forgot bCRIMINAL.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 10:08 PM

We should amend the Constitution to say pardons of anyone who conspires with or on behalf of the President or the President’s family are null and void.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 10:08 PM

Interesting that those Congressmen asked for pardons, but they didn’t seem to get them.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 10:55 PM

They don't understand dump will shit on you when he's done using your ass. Ghouliani is broke but stop the steal grifted one quarter of a billion dollars from small donations, the average donation was 17 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 11:29 PM

I saw somewhere there's a statute these congressmen have violated and that the punishment is 15 years. It was some former doj that pointed it out.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2022 1:58 AM

R12

If they are pardonned, they are sealed, it would only come to light if charges are brought and someone gets sentenced. Trump could've pardon himself too so we are in unknown territory. Someone correct me if wrong...

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2022 2:08 AM

r14, are you talking about this?:

(2)being a public official or person selected to be a public official, directly or indirectly, corruptly demands, seeks, receives, accepts, or agrees to receive or accept anything of value personally or for any other person or entity, in return for: (A)being influenced in the performance of any official act; (B)being influenced to commit or aid in committing, or to collude in, or allow, any fraud, or make opportunity for the commission of any fraud, on the United States; or (C)being induced to do or omit to do any act in violation of the official duty of such official or person;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 2:24 AM

Trump is not a fool. First accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt. Second, he was a party, a participant, and an instigator of the crimes for which they want to be pardoned. This Implicates him in their illegal activity. He knew that. So if they're guilty, what does that make him? And finally, I know one of you will correct me if I'm wrong, but a Pardon doesn't work if it is designed to cover up criminal intent or criminal activity. And all these fuckers, including him, were engaged in criminal activity. So I am not surprised he did not issue pardons.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 2:32 AM

I can still pardon them- I'm still President!

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2022 3:18 AM

r16 sounds like it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2022 7:58 AM

Ambassador Norm Eisen, who served as co-counsel for the House Judiciary Committee during Trump's first impeachment, shared his thoughts on Twitter following the hearing.

"Congressmen helping Trump on & before 1/6 & then demanding pardons. Makes me think of 18 USC 201: A public official who corruptly seeks anything of value in return for an official act or colluding in fraud shall be imprisoned for up to 15 years & disqualified from office,"

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2022 11:09 AM

The Guardian is shit.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2022 11:18 AM

The Biden administration would know about any “sealed” pardons, even if the public doesn’t. (Not sure there even is such a thing.)

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2022 1:35 PM

Anyone who got pardons are the brains of the coup planning then and now.

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2022 7:54 AM

Actually, Trump or whoever was advising him is smart. If you accept a pardon and are then subsequently called to testify about a matter related to what you were pardoned for you cannot plead the fifth. There is no longer a risk of self incrimination so you must give testimony. In not giving these people pardons they cannot testify against Trump without incriminating themselves. So in not giving pardons it ensures a level of silence.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2022 8:40 AM

Wasn't that piece of filth Flynn given a pardon? Why yes, and he still managed to plead the 5th when questioned by the Jan 6 committee.

(Ok, so his pardon for colluding with the Chinese? Russians? and working for Erdogan didn't cover his later plotting to overthrow the election)

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2022 11:38 AM

In reference to the insurrection, you cannot give pardons that may relate to your own criminality. So that may be another reason why no Pardons. Because if it can be shown that Trump was also engaged in criminal behavior related to what he is pardoning people for, those pardons are all invalid.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2022 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!