Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kit Connor

Continue Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602July 2, 2022 10:15 AM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2022 1:54 AM

What the fuck is that?

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2022 1:54 AM

He looks too much like a lesbian. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2022 1:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2022 1:56 AM

Don't be another Harry Styles, Kit. come out with your straightness and stop gay-baiting!

by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2022 2:12 AM

He’s got the Elliot Page look.

by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2022 2:15 AM

Why did OP post a pic of a young Natalie Green??

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2022 2:15 AM

Kit is not attractive.

Joe Locke and Sebastian Croft are much better looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2022 2:16 AM

R5 How dare you assume his sexuality! He will expertly shut you down.

But seriously nobody would bother him about it if he didn't go on and on about needing authentic rep.

by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2022 2:17 AM

Poor numb nuts op has no idea that Kit is STRAIGHT and only playing a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2022 2:17 AM

What...what is that in OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2022 2:20 AM

R8, Even Mr. Fucking Ferly was better looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2022 2:31 AM

Kit isn’t bad looking but agree that Joe and Bash are more attractive and Joe is actually out. Bash is in a glass closet; only idiots and fangirls think he might not be gay. Kit is straight. or maybe he is willing to fuck a particularly effeminate twink and thinks that makes him queer. My guess is he “doesn’t need labels” but also has never been attracted to anyone but women.

by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2022 2:33 AM

Butterface!

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2022 2:33 AM

Why doesn’t anyone think kit could be bi or into men and just not ready to come out. Genuinely.

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2022 2:57 AM

He looked different on Game of Thrones.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2022 6:21 AM

Trans???

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2022 6:23 AM

OP had to choose the absolute worst picture of Kit. lol We have some bitchy Kit haters here.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2022 7:12 AM

So we have a new thread and nasty people on here? If you don't like the actor why are you wasting your precious time commenting on his looks, sexuality and actually referring to him as a lesbian or trans? Some of you are either personally bitter individuals or very insecure you would rather project your hate onto an individual you don't know. Yes we can be bitchy but some on here are blurring the lines and it's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2022 7:14 AM

[quote]willing to fuck a particularly effeminate twink and thinks that makes him queer.

Willing to fuck any male makes you queer. I see that you are virgin girl, so you don’t know that when a man takes off his clothes he is just a male like any other no matter if how much he is twisting his wrist. You see the sinewy male body without curves. He has no softness, but has cock and balls. No heterosexual male wants that. I remember the scene from Crying game when a guy got with a trans woman and ran away to bathroom to vomit, shocked by the penis.

Just as the most butch woman, when she takes of her clothes, you see that her body is soft and feminine, she has breasts and vagina.

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2022 8:21 AM

Is that pat?

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2022 8:27 AM

[quote] If you don't like the actor why are you wasting your precious time commenting

You know how you only ever attack people R19? That. The moral high ground isn’t welcome

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2022 9:04 AM

Baiting…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2022 9:16 AM

Kit is not particularly attractive but he has a cute smile, Joe and him look great together.

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2022 9:26 AM

Asian?

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2022 9:31 AM

R19 You are entirely too sensitive for this place. And weirdly in love with Kit since all you do is whine about people being mean to him, while insulting everyone, and police the threads. Get over it. It wouldn't get that much attention if you ignored the nastier (which aren't bad at all) comments.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2022 9:34 AM

Being "not straight" or "not cis" is such currency right now. No actor in their right mind on a very popular gay tv series would admit to being straight.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2022 9:36 AM

Exactly R27, Kit knows what he signed up to

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2022 9:44 AM

Correct R27.

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2022 9:44 AM

Cocksucker it is.

by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2022 9:46 AM

Kit and Joe are babies here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2022 9:53 AM

Still terrible..yet now there is a 3rd thread about this person..ugh..

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2022 10:37 AM

What is the average age of the posters on these Kit, Sebastian, and Joe threads—20? 15?

Perhaps these boys have some acting ability because they sure aren't anything special lookswise. Kit has a bland potato face. Sebastian has a honker of a nose. Joe has a weirdly proportioned face with jug ears and angry eyebrows.

Some members of Gen Z really celebrate the mediocre. They are enraptured by the "beauty" of Zendaya, who is plain without heavy makeup and professional styling, and who has not turned in a memorable acting performance that merits all the PR hype.

DL has a long tradition of bitchery. You're triggered that privileged celebrities who put themselves out there for attention are mocked instead of universally loved? This isn't an echo chamber where people must agree with your questionable tastes. You're in the wrong place if you think others should be impressed by your fawning over a thirsty celeb who doesn't know you exist.

R26 is right. Some of you are overly sensitive. I'd add that you're also immature and can't handle an opposing viewpoint, no matter how mild.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2022 10:39 AM

Always makes me chuckle when a bunch of anonymous people criticise the looks of celebrities.

R19 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2022 10:41 AM

[quote] Kit is straight. or maybe he is willing to fuck a particularly effeminate twink and thinks that makes him queer. My guess is he “doesn’t need labels” but also has never been attracted to anyone but women.

Kit is straight.

He and his handlers know that in this day and age, it would never go over well if he "came out" as straight while playing a gay character.

The ironic thing is that in the past, actors used to be coy about their sexuality to hide their being gay. Now they have to be coy about their sexuality, to hide their being straight.

What a twist!

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2022 10:43 AM

Kit is extremely cute. He has a beautiful voice, beatiful hair, lovely eyes and mouth, beautiful pale skin, and a very expressive face. There is a reason why a lot of people all over the world fell in love with him. Dying at the idea that Joe Locke is somehow better looking than him. Locke is hideous.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2022 10:48 AM

He looks like the love child of Nicolas Fairford and Corey Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2022 10:58 AM

Hi Kit.

This show had a limited reach outside the UK. He does not have worldwide fans. Nor millions of people in love with him. I think all of the HS gang are pretty average, normal looking people. Even the more attractive ones are still not Hollywood beautiful. But that’s OK. It’s realistic. Most people aren’t incredibly beautiful. And that’s the appeal to fans. Kit, Joe et all look very much like any 18 year old you find in your college/university, it makes them seem obtainable.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2022 11:01 AM

R19 This is DL and this is what we do. If you ewant to "worship" Kit..Twitter and Tumblr fawn over him on a moment to moment basis.

R36 Most British men are unfortunate looking to begin with ( esp in this show)..So being one of the "best" looking of an unfortunate bunch makes him stick out. And with his now " gym body" it'll be interesting to see how badly he will stick out considering the rest of the cast still look like their character counterparts. .

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2022 11:02 AM

I'm Brazilian and Heartstopper was a hit here. Kit has a lot of Brazilian fans. The show was a sucess in other places outside the UK, that's why it was renewed for season 2 and 3.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2022 11:13 AM

"Hollywood beautiful" What the hell is Hollywood beautiful? Fuglies like Bradley Cooper, Adam Driver and Emma Stone? lol

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2022 11:19 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder children. Stop arguing about it. You like Kit, great. You like Joe, great. I think both are not for me but if they are for you, fantastic. Fawn away. I’m far more interested in the beauties they’ve cast in Red White & Royal Blue. Grown men with very pretty faces, *in my opinion*.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2022 11:47 AM

I think Kit should stay away from twitter. It's starting to get a little embarassing for him.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2022 12:24 PM

Indeed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2022 12:33 PM

I get the impression he’s straight but afraid to say that for fear of the backlash that “only gay actors should play gay characters” (which is ridiculous; should Anthony Hopkins apologise for playing Hannibal Lecter when the role should have gone to an actual cannibal?). I think he’s cute btw, he could really grow into his looks.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2022 12:35 PM

Why are some of you buying into the lie that actors are afraid to identify as straight when they play a gay character?

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2022 1:22 PM

WTH is up with those eyebrows in OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2022 1:26 PM

I was confused why somebody posted a pic of a fat Korean lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2022 1:28 PM

Kit looks like he could play Alice Oseman in the OP pic.

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2022 1:28 PM

He needs to start paying attention to food labels.

by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2022 1:36 PM

That photo is not the one. He’s not my type but there are far better photos 😂

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2022 1:48 PM

Love his pale fingers on this pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 15, 2022 1:58 PM

[quote]What is the average age of the posters on these Kit, Sebastian, and Joe threads—20? 15?

by Anonymousreply 53June 15, 2022 2:07 PM

[R45] You really gonna compare an iconic role and actor to a tween Netfix show?? Hannibal Lecter was a psychopath who happened to be gay..Not on show which revolves around figuring out your sexuality. And coming out at the time Silence of the lambs was career suicide..not 2022 when no one really bats an eye at it. And with a show that touts about the actors meeting the sexuality of the characters and yet one of the lead actors plays games about it..it's a bad look for the show itself..but I'm sure he's enjoying the payday and fame he's getting till the next " big thing" comes along..

by Anonymousreply 54June 15, 2022 2:33 PM

[quote]I was confused why somebody posted a pic of a fat Korean lesbian.

Ok, I actually like Kit and think the hate on this thread is overall unfair to him.........but that quote made me LMAO. Which tells me I belong here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2022 2:34 PM

[Quote] only gay actors should play gay characters

Actors who are openly gay are frequently shunned by casting directors for major parts. There's no parallel to your cute little cannibal comment.

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2022 2:47 PM

R23 Kit hugging him like his life depended on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2022 2:49 PM

And Joe faking a smile for Tobie's camera.

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2022 2:52 PM

tbf even if i wasn't "worried" about someone being into my boyfriend i'd probably also side eye them for hugging him that intimately right in front of me... like what is the purpose.

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2022 2:54 PM

To show you I like your boyfriend more than I like you.

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2022 3:02 PM

That’s not “intimate” R59. Enthusiastic yes, intimate not at all

by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2022 3:15 PM

R45 Armie Hammer should claim the roke of Hsnnival Lecter if there was a remake of the movie and complain that it is not fair that actors who aren't real cannibals are cast.

by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2022 3:17 PM

[Quote] roke of Hsnnival

Go home, you're drunk.

by Anonymousreply 63June 15, 2022 3:29 PM

Being on a site that says bitchery is in full play here, and then getting mad when people actually snark and bitch is like going to the beach and getting pissed off when you get a sunburn. Grow a pair and jump into the pointless bitchery. It's much more fun that sitting and stewing and whining over people who make fun of your fave.

by Anonymousreply 64June 15, 2022 3:36 PM

Yeah people defending the nastiness by calling it bitchy. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 65June 15, 2022 4:08 PM

Who’s forcing you to read it R65?

by Anonymousreply 66June 15, 2022 4:18 PM

His latest photoshoot is again, an alternative artsy look that doesn’t quite suit him. He’s had some good ones and is a good looking guy but I don’t know what stylists are doing with pics like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 15, 2022 5:11 PM

Oof. The stylist took the completely wrong approach.

by Anonymousreply 68June 15, 2022 5:15 PM

In OP's pic he looks like a less balding version of Warren Beatty's gay trans son.

by Anonymousreply 69June 15, 2022 5:18 PM

Bravo! We don’t like labels either.

by Anonymousreply 70June 15, 2022 5:19 PM

R67 Certain DLers are NOT going to like those forehead wrinkles either. He should stop making that face. And he looks very wide.

by Anonymousreply 71June 15, 2022 5:27 PM

He's not wide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 15, 2022 5:35 PM

No, he's not. It's awful styling. He obviously has a great body.

by Anonymousreply 73June 15, 2022 5:37 PM

Maybe he is gay..lol recent photo shoot 😆😆😆🤡🤡🤡

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 15, 2022 5:53 PM

Butters!

by Anonymousreply 75June 15, 2022 5:55 PM

Whoever styled and photographed Kit and Joe for this magazine needs to take over all their shoots. This one understands their different looks and what suits them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 15, 2022 6:18 PM

What the fuck is that latest photoshoot?! There is artsy & then there is hideous clothing and looking completely daft. No-one is pulling that off. And who told him to pose like that?! He looks mortally offended 😂

by Anonymousreply 77June 15, 2022 8:43 PM

R76 I remember thinking that was one of the better photo shoots. This styling was also fine. He's frankly not difficult, put him in standard suits and shirts and even younger things, like the varsity jackets, and he looks good. he just cannot do the strange androgynous high fashion thing they're trying with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 15, 2022 8:50 PM

He literally looks like he’s wearing a fat suit in that yellow top

by Anonymousreply 79June 15, 2022 9:08 PM

He looks great here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 15, 2022 11:47 PM

Looking swole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 16, 2022 12:57 AM

He looks so awkward in photos, bless him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 16, 2022 6:36 AM

R76, totally agreed.

The best photoshoot for both of them--especially Joe. They made him look really cute. Joe can look really good or REALLY bad depending on how he's photographed. He should hire that photographer as his personal one because they really know how to emphasize his best features and angles.

by Anonymousreply 83June 16, 2022 7:34 AM

I don't think Joe ever looks really bad. Or bad at all. He has an interesting face. And he connects with the camera much better than Kit does.

by Anonymousreply 84June 16, 2022 1:11 PM

R84 Joe definitely has his bad angles, tbf. I think they’re both good looking lads though obviously very different. Joe has an amazing smile when he does it with teeth; I know he has one missing on the right hand side but if they get him straight on or on the other side I think the photos are much more flattering than the closed mouth, jaw jutting out pose. The first pic here (from the same shoot above) versus the incredibly unflattering picture on the right, for instance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 16, 2022 2:00 PM

R85 I could only post one link. Meanwhile Kit can actually do the close lipped smile but I think he feels more awkward on camera and they try to force him to do model faces and poses which don’t work. The photo on the left here he looks drugged as opposed to whatever they wanted from him whereas he looks more confident and appealing on the right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 16, 2022 2:02 PM

I wonder if Kit will regret being part of Heartstopper in the future. He could have had the career of George MacKay, Harris Dickinson or Ben Whishaw, but now producers and casting directors of quality projects simply won't be interested in hiring an actor from a teen netflix show. Not to mention all the negativity he is receiving due to the popularity of the show. I think being lowkey and not exposed to stan obsession/people trashing you all the time like MacKay/Whishaw is the best for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 87June 16, 2022 2:02 PM

R87 I honestly don’t think Heartstopper is as big an impediment as the average teen show; he’ll probably be done filming it altogether by next March and just have to do some promo. It’s not like Riverdale dragging on for 7 long seasons and critically panned. I think Olivia Coleman lent it some good legitimacy too even though her role is tiny, especially for him as she played his mum. Kit just doesn’t have the Mackay/ Dickinson / Whishaw artsy or period piece look in the way Bash and Joe arguably do either where he can get those roles. He looks like a relatively built, boyish teen. I think he’s on the radar now for parts in bigger ensemble movies to help build out his career; if Nolan was willing to put Harry Styles who at that point was known solely for One Direction in Dunkirk I don’t think Heartstopper will be a huge impediment though I of course agree that nabbing a role in a more “serious” show like the Crown or something might’ve made the path easier for him.

by Anonymousreply 88June 16, 2022 2:13 PM

R85 Joe is cute as fuck on the left. I'd take him on a romantic and chaste date with some hand holding perhaps

by Anonymousreply 89June 16, 2022 2:17 PM

I think Kit looks great in both photos in post 86. I think that his performance in HS is what will put him on many industry peoples radar. If your really good in something. I don't think it matters that it was a tween romantic story.

by Anonymousreply 90June 16, 2022 3:32 PM

Really? The photo on the left is terrible, he looks bad. He’s quite cute but that photo ain’t it.

by Anonymousreply 91June 16, 2022 4:36 PM

I think kit looks really adorable. And he was quite good looking in Heartstopper. And he is only 18 , so plenty of time to grow into his good looks. Although I will say , he has really got a luscious ass. How come straight guys like him got more curves than the gays. Really makes me want to slap them.

by Anonymousreply 92June 16, 2022 4:39 PM

I heard he is the leading (and only) choice to play the lead in "The Wayne Newton Story."

by Anonymousreply 93June 16, 2022 4:49 PM

He doesn't like "labels" because on him they all say "XXL."

by Anonymousreply 94June 16, 2022 4:49 PM

R92 You lost me. Why would you, as a straight woman, mind that the straight men got more curves than gays? Do you hate curves? You want flat assed guys?

by Anonymousreply 95June 16, 2022 5:31 PM

Ngl. When I first saw Joe I didn't find him attractive at all. But he is actually very handsome. He just has awkward angles to his face. He looks really cute in the bowling scene right before he and Nick kiss on the show. He takes very flattering photos and can pull off the androgen / more high profile looks in photo shoots whereas Kit really can't. I think they both will have long, successful careers ahead of them. Bash as well.

by Anonymousreply 96June 16, 2022 5:59 PM

I could see Joe as Pip in Great Expectations.

by Anonymousreply 97June 16, 2022 6:04 PM

I think Heartstopper in the UK at least is being seen as far more than just a teen show. It’s had serious reviews, the cast and show are making quite big waves in British media. Kit and Joe’s profiles are hitting the mainstream, with articles, media panels etc. They and the show - and Yaz - were referenced in a high profile political debate. I think they’re going to be very big, if that’s what they want, with a uk market - just not necessarily in the US.

by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2022 6:15 PM

I fear that Kit won't be able to compete against Louis Partridge for the interesting projects. Hope there's room for both of them. At least Kit has the theatre if things don't go well in cinema and TV.

by Anonymousreply 99June 16, 2022 6:16 PM

Can Louis Partridge act?

by Anonymousreply 100June 16, 2022 6:22 PM

R96 it’s always hard to tell from these shows who is going to blow up (if anyone) and who is going to fade out. I genuinely never Saw Yaz as being one of the breakouts. I don’t think she’s shown a lot of skill but there’s space In the market for a trans teen actress with a built in fan base so good for her. But agree with r98 that the show has a lot of goodwill in the UK especially and think Joe and Kit (as the leads who performed well) and Bash (who has been steadily working for years and has shown to studios the valuable skill of interacting with and hyping up fans) have a good opening to take advantage of. Also agree that Joe is really good looking on film; he has a really charming personality and unusual but appealing face

by Anonymousreply 101June 16, 2022 6:22 PM

There's a picture of Kit out to dinner with Will and another guy. Is it from today? Is Will a friend or a "friend" friend ? Kit really seems to be into him.

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2022 6:22 PM

Any pics of the other guy?

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2022 6:28 PM

R102 I don’t know what photo you’re referencing so I have no idea when it’s from

by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2022 6:29 PM

This picture:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2022 6:32 PM

I don’t think it’s been seen before but I’m not sure it’s from today.it was quite hot in London; for them both to be in long sleeves would be bold

by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2022 6:39 PM

R95. How are you assuming that I am a straight woman in the first place, and not just another gay guy?? I am actually the latter, for your information. And yes, I do like guys with luscious ass. Any problem with that. If straight people dates the opposite gender based on their looks, why can’t a gay person do the same???

by Anonymousreply 107June 16, 2022 6:53 PM

I have been seeing quite a few people in long sleeve tops in the past few days here in London. His hair style does look similar to how he's styling it so it could be a recent picture.

by Anonymousreply 108June 16, 2022 7:12 PM

R92 does have a complex of issues, none of them related to anything we care about, certainly.

by Anonymousreply 109June 16, 2022 7:21 PM

No way they’d be wearing long sleeves this week, assuming this was taken in London - it’s boiling here.

by Anonymousreply 110June 16, 2022 7:30 PM

The caption under that photo 🥴 its boiling here in London today, I do agree long sleeves would be an odd choice.

by Anonymousreply 111June 16, 2022 7:36 PM

It would be an odd choice of clothing but even I have seen people wearing tops with long sleeves even with the hot weather here in London. Some people can surprise you with what they wear in very hot weather.

by Anonymousreply 112June 16, 2022 7:46 PM

Not sure when the photo is from but R102 I doubt Will is a "friend" unless they're both amazing at hiding it. I think they're just far closer to one another than they were to anyone else on the Heartstopper set and have both said they live right by one another in London. I think they've both said they were each other's closest friend on set followed by Bash (though Kit covered it well in an interview and said Joe was the "obvious answer" since they spent so much time together).

by Anonymousreply 113June 16, 2022 8:21 PM

I did chuckle at him saying ‘the obvious answer’. Bit of fan service there, look at us best friends. Sure.

Joes answer was always going to be an outright lie unless he said Bash, let’s face it. Obviously far closer to Kit than his boyfriend 🙄

by Anonymousreply 114June 16, 2022 8:32 PM

R114 Joe's answer was so funny, everyone else is naming specific people and he's sweating bullets and saying "we're ALL a family". I do think the cast all gets on well but let's be real here mate, you're only out sitting on one person's lap

by Anonymousreply 115June 16, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]There's a picture of Kit out to dinner with Will and another guy. Is it from today? Is Will a friend or a "friend" friend ? Kit really seems to be into him.

I think Kit is close with Will because he's probably the only other guy in the main cast who is straight. They both seem to be into similar interests (music, sports, etc.). So, naturally, they bonded the most, just as all the queer cast (Joe, Bash, Yaz, Kizzy, etc.) seem to hang out with each other without Kit and Will.

I've known many straight men who consider themselves "allies," to the community, but I never see them choosing to spend their free time hanging with the gays/queers. They want to hang out with other straight bros.

by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2022 7:06 AM

R109 If you don’t care about it , then please ignore it. No need for you to poke into it. Anyone can say whatever they want, who made you the DL police???

by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2022 7:29 AM

Could the other guy sitting next to Kit be the friend that's been mentioned before? His sister is Kit's best friend. Just a wild guess.

by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2022 9:25 AM

No straight man would ever describe a woman as a 'best friend'.

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2022 10:36 AM

R118 yeah, that's what I thought. But Kit seems to also have a crush on Will.

Gay men and straight women make great friends. Every gay guy has one.

by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2022 10:43 AM

Straight with extra steps. Next step: non binary

by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2022 11:01 AM

Considering what the author said, that actors' sexualites match those of the characters, could it be that Kit is asexual?

by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2022 12:28 PM

There are some questionable pictures of Kit floating around on Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2022 12:43 PM

Asexuality is a complete mystery. Like 99.9% of the population aren’t it. I can’t imagine any men are, surely? Strikes me as a woman thing. Unless it’s a product of trauma rather than something you’ve been your whole life.

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2022 12:47 PM

R124 I was only joking. I don’t believe no man is asexual, either. I mean, it is biologically impossible. There is phisiological need to ejaculate and there is no other way than sexual to do it. There are guys who are only masturbating, but masturbation is not asexual, cause you are not thinking about England, but about sexual images involving people.

by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2022 1:01 PM

R122 is his character asexual? I thought he was meant to be bi. While I can believe a lot of the actors talked openly about their sexuality and why the roles meant a lot to them while auditioning (I think Patrick said as much re Joe; who he said was just so casual and authentic about being a gay teen in IOM), there’s no way they could actually require the actors to disclose their sexuality while casting. Especially if Kit stayed vague, like “this is so meaningful, I feel strongly about good queer representation”, during the casting process they might have thought he was bi but no way to confirm. I think certain cast members who aren’t publicly out are certainly “fully out” on set (for example Bash, who was glued to Joe behind the scenes) but I don’t know if kit is one.

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2022 1:04 PM

Why do you think Kit deleted the shirtless pictures he posted on twitter and instagram the moment the show was released? Wouldn't he be flattered with people praising his physique? Why he deleted it? Does he feels uncomfortable with a lot of people seeing it? If so, why posting them in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 127June 17, 2022 1:12 PM

R127 Maybe he didn't feel like getting bombarded with thousands upon thousands of messages per DAY by his 4 million followers scrutinizing every single little aspect of his looks. It's one thing to post some gym selfies to your few thousand followers to humble brag about your progress at the gym...it's another thing altogether when you have 4 million followers.

I can only imagine what that feels like...to be flooded with every single possible comment the world could say about your looks, good or bad. After awhile I'm sure you begin to feel dissected like a specimen and dehumanized.

by Anonymousreply 128June 17, 2022 2:37 PM

[R127] ooh give me a break..he's been doing this shit for 10 years. Anyone who's been in the public's eye knows what to expect..whether or not he took them down they're still everywhere..and people are still judging..He knows the games he's playing with people. Stop babying him..He's an adult..

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2022 2:55 PM

In some interview Kit said that teen shows that cast adult people as teens give teenagers a false image of what a teenager is supposed to look like, make them feel bad for not having six pack abs and all. But Kit himself has a very muscular physique for someone of his age and he could make 17/18 year old boys feel bad about their own body. It was kinda weird that he made this remark when his own body is so muscular and "ideal".

by Anonymousreply 130June 17, 2022 3:13 PM

It's not weird when you consider he's been fed talking points by a publicist.

by Anonymousreply 131June 17, 2022 3:17 PM

[Quote] There are some questionable pictures of Kit floating around on Tumblr.

What are you talking about? Revenge porn?

by Anonymousreply 132June 17, 2022 3:18 PM

Kit had 15k followers on instagram when the heartstopper cast was announced last year. This whole exposure is new to him.

by Anonymousreply 133June 17, 2022 3:58 PM

R131 links or it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 134June 17, 2022 6:51 PM

Somewhat old but This magazine did both Joe and Kit SO dirty with these outfits and this shoot. Genuinely two good looking guys, Kit is in good shape and yet the shoot is heinous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 17, 2022 8:24 PM

They just look so uncomfortable together in real life 🙈 on screen they look great! And you are right R135. That photo makes it look like he has boobs, poor guy. It’s a really bad angle!

by Anonymousreply 136June 17, 2022 9:06 PM

r136 it's perfect for the tween fujoshi market it attracts and all the girls that cosplay as them.

And also, so everyone else can look at you lot as the utmost cringe.

If anyone has any doubts of how atrocious this all is... do a search on the deranged fandom.

by Anonymousreply 137June 17, 2022 10:52 PM

This is a cool picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 18, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote]There are some questionable pictures of Kit floating around on Tumblr.

What's questionable about them?

by Anonymousreply 139June 18, 2022 1:20 AM

I think Joe looks great at r135. He's working his angles well. Kit looks someone steeped his vest in piss the night before.

by Anonymousreply 140June 18, 2022 1:21 AM

Kit Connor looks too washed out.

His face, hair, coloring, etc.

He almost looks albino.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 18, 2022 1:35 AM

He's a ginger, he can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 142June 18, 2022 1:43 AM

Kit is extremely English. It’s a curse. I’m also cursed with it. I burn at the sight of the sun.

Is he from quite a posh background? Kit Sebastian - quite posh names!

by Anonymousreply 143June 18, 2022 8:25 AM

R118 it's not him, after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 18, 2022 8:30 AM

Pontificating about your sexuality is, after awhile, grating.

by Anonymousreply 145June 18, 2022 12:44 PM

It's just banter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 18, 2022 1:36 PM

He looks more Irish than English.

by Anonymousreply 147June 18, 2022 3:50 PM

Are his parents Irish or does he have some distant Irish ancestry on his father's side?

by Anonymousreply 148June 18, 2022 3:57 PM

He has a UK flag on his house. It's probably distant ancestry. People born in England with Irish parents/grandparents usually don't see themselves as English.

by Anonymousreply 149June 18, 2022 4:06 PM

An Irish person would never display a Union Jack flag in any way shape or form.

by Anonymousreply 150June 18, 2022 4:16 PM

Kit is going to have to start practicing French in anticipation for season 2. Nick is fluent in French. It'll be interesting to see if Kit can pull off the illusion of fluency and how well he can nail the accent.

by Anonymousreply 151June 18, 2022 5:32 PM

[Quote] An Irish person would never display a Union Jack flag in any way shape or form.

Protestants do.

by Anonymousreply 152June 18, 2022 5:56 PM

They should just get Xavier Doland to dub Kit, like Inspector Wexford dubbed George Lazenby for a good amount of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service."

by Anonymousreply 153June 18, 2022 5:57 PM

Will Kit show up at London pride with the rest of the cast as a Schrödinger’s queer? Or will he and Will as the 2 straight members of the cast do their own thing?

by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2022 7:19 PM

I noticed on their taxi ride interview, the interviewer mentioned Soho as London's gay capital. He barely got the sentence out before Joe vocally agreed. Kit? Silence.

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2022 8:05 PM

Someone said Korinna came out as str8 too. I don't know if that's accurate, though.

by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2022 8:06 PM

R156 she does seem pretty straight.

by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2022 8:46 PM

What is the name Kit short for?

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2022 9:00 PM

Kittredge.

by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2022 9:06 PM

Nothing. It’s quite a posh name I always think, the only Kits I’ve ever known have been from quite wealthy families!

by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2022 9:12 PM

Idk if his specifically is short for something but it's generally a nickname for Christopher.

by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2022 9:20 PM

Did Tobie inadvertently expose his straight costars in his latest vlog?

At 14:05, he says "giving the girls content today actually," just as he pans to both Will and then quickly to Kit.

It's a very "blink and you'll miss it" clue, but I think it's a pretty big giveaway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2022 9:33 PM

Tobie means that the men running, sweating etc. is giving the "girls" content.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2022 9:35 PM

I remember when Tom Hardy also had gave an interview in which he stated his sexuality is his business when yrs before he hit it big in Hollywood he was completely opened about sleeping with men.

by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2022 9:38 PM

He was and he wasn't. Just like Robbie Williams. Homo activity was put forth as a tease, with an asterisk than bum stuff was not part of the "exploration."

by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2022 9:40 PM

*asterisk that

by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2022 9:40 PM

R160 ah, ok. The only Kits I’ve known have been…well, cats.

by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2022 7:47 AM

I know the version Keith, as Keith Richards. Love that old wrecker.

by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2022 9:25 AM

Here's the correct quote regarding the casting for the people here who still think that the actors had to have the same sexuality as the character they played:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2022 1:07 PM

It's weird as fuck people think they asked 16-17 year olds that question too, some kids might not even know yet. Pretty obviously some sexualities ended up being the same, but not all of them will be. When Kit gets a public girlfriend people should understand and not be so stupid.

Basically they prob just asked if they would be an ally publicly and made sure there wasn't any shady behavior in the past and their social medias were clean and without problems, etc.

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2022 1:17 PM

Did they ask or did people volunteer? We know Kit wouldn't...

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]Basically they prob just asked if they would be an ally publicly and made sure there wasn't any shady behavior in the past and their social medias were clean and without problems, etc.

Exactly. No way could they force an actor to disclose their sexuality just to get a role, especially when they're still teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 172June 20, 2022 2:11 PM

Has Cormac expressed allyship? I watched one interview with him. Not sure I could manage another.

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2022 2:31 PM

It is a little sad they didn't cast all queer actors for the main cast though.

Like, seriously, they couldn't find a Black lesbian teen actress to play Tara? Or a queer/bisexual masculine teen actor to play Nick? I have a hard time imagining they couldn't find equally good (or better) actors who openly identify as LGBTQ+ and thus were left with no other choice than to choose straight actors.

by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2022 2:39 PM

Black usually means Church. As for romantic leads, they are told explicitly or implicitly that Gay Don't Pay.

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2022 2:42 PM

Cormac is a sweetheart

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2022 2:42 PM

If kit had darker hair & clothes he would look much better. Gingersshould never wear white

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2022 2:52 PM

Russell TD very openly said It’s A Sin was entirely queer cast to match the characters. I wonder how he got away with that if legally, they cannot ask. I guess as adults, there is more openness.

I do agree it’s kinda a shame they don’t appear to have queer cast, particularly Tara who isn’t a huge part. Kit plays well against Joe, so I guess chemistry & good acting wins there. I just think it’s a real shame that the likely straight actors in this are choosing to remain quiet & not voice their ally-ship. It would be a really lovely thing for them to stand up & say I’m straight but I fucking love these queer friends of mine & I’m a huge ally.

by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2022 2:59 PM

R178 Re It's a Sin: my guess is he didnt explicitly require it but talked around it a bit; ex: "why does this character resonate to you? What makes you passionate about the role?" and then cherrypicked for actors who were willing to openly say they were gay/queer/etc.

Agree re allies; i think it also really dilutes what the actual queer actors, especially the out ones, can say. Kit often takes the reins when it comes to what Heartstopper means for queer rep and trots out a few lines about how its light and lovely unlike Euphoria being darker, which is nice and even true, but also means Joe, is is openly gay, gets less to say. The actors who either don't want to be out or are straight and think of themselves as allies could shut up and let the openly queer cast talk about these things more instead grandstanding. Will Gao does a good job of that when he's interviewed with Yaz; he really lets her talk about the trans experience and sort of nods and listens instead of jumping in.

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2022 3:04 PM

R179 Good point. This is why I wish they would've cast all queer actors. Straight people will never truly understand the importance or impact this representation means for us. I'm over the moon that the show is a success, but it would've been nice to see openly queer actors reaping the full benefits of that success.

For Joe, I'm sure this success runs deeper for him, beyond professional success. Kit, on the other hand, probably sees the success of HS primarily as a professional stepping stone in his career.

Yes, he's an ally, but it becomes a little disconcerting to see a straight actor emerging as the "breakout" star of a queer-centric show. It sends a weird message to me, watching a straight actor getting most of the media attention for a queer-centric show wholly built for us by us. Like, even in our own stories, straight people still somehow are valued more highly.

by Anonymousreply 180June 21, 2022 2:10 AM

The producers may have felt they needed someone with some industry on-set experience to co-anchor the show, particularly as Joe had none. Kit himself has expressed that he was surprised to have booked the role as he did not feel he was the physical type the project was looking for. Did an out bi actor in the correct age range with acting chops audition for the Nick role? I don't suppose we will ever know.

by Anonymousreply 181June 21, 2022 2:42 AM

I don’t know who this kid is, but he looks like one of those Korean boy group kids.

by Anonymousreply 182June 21, 2022 2:49 AM

R180 I get what you're saying but I think the overall impact of the show is what is most important. And that has been pretty successful. I personally don't have a problem with non queer playing queer. I actually think it's a bit silly since they are actors. Also would we not want queer actors to be able to play straight? Obviously it's a much smaller population to chose from if you only go for queer for queer roles and then you start lowering the bar and choices. I'm sure they auditioned a lot of queer actors for the role of Nick. In the end, a gay producer and director chose Kit.

by Anonymousreply 183June 21, 2022 2:52 AM

183 I agree 100% with everything you said.

by Anonymousreply 184June 21, 2022 4:26 AM

Just some random photo dumps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 21, 2022 4:29 AM

B&W

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 21, 2022 4:33 AM

He's very photogenic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 21, 2022 4:35 AM

I think Lit's physique looks great here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2022 4:48 AM

Queer actors often are barred from nonqueer characters, though...

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2022 5:01 AM

R186 he looks like my grandma in this pic

by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote] Russell TD very openly said It’s A Sin was entirely queer cast to match the characters. I wonder how he got away with that if legally, they cannot ask. I guess as adults, there is more openness.

From the looks of it they just cast people who were known to be openly gay — Olly Alexander, NPH etc. I’m sure gay men in the industry have a good idea who else is gay, particularly someone as high profile as Russell T Davies.

by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2022 6:22 AM

[quote]Did an out bi actor in the correct age range with acting chops audition for the Nick role? I don't suppose we will ever know.

Well, Kit mentioned in an interview that he auditioned for Charlie because the audition scene posted to the casting call was a monologue from Charlie. No other scene was offered to audition with. I also remember, in the casting call I saw, they said they were in the advanced stage of casting for Nick, which is probably why they closed down that open call. They probably had a handful of actors they were already narrowing down for Nick.

This tells me that the producers/director probably already had another actor in the works to play Nick, but once they saw Kit's audition for Charlie, they quickly threw him into the mix for the role. It sounds like Kit came in late to the game and (either due to his acting ability or chemistry with Joe) he outshone all the other actors who were already well into the casting process for Nick.

Anyway, you're right. We'll never know who he beat out for the role. Fun to think about though.

by Anonymousreply 192June 21, 2022 7:25 AM

A thoughtful post, R192. I have wondered how much Nick's reputation in the books (and in the series) as 'the straightest boy in school' might have influenced the producers' selection of actor for the role.

by Anonymousreply 193June 21, 2022 8:02 AM

Why is everyone assuming that Kit Connor is straight? Because he's straight-passing, writes "My man" in tweets, and likes basketball?! Hell, I know plenty of sporty gay men who look and act more stereotypically masculine than Kit Connor (or "Kitty," as Joe Locke signed his name :))

As the character Tori says in Heartstopper: "I don't think he's straight." I can't prove that, of course, but neither has anyone proved that he is in fact a closet het.

Besides, his comment that one shouldn't just assume someone's sexuality on the basis of appearance and voice would seem to suggest that he's saying, "I may appear straight but I'm not."

But even if my gaydar is faulty in this instance, I can't see why the producer and director would have chosen Kit (assuming they either knew he was straight, or that he didn't reveal his sexuality to them) over an openly queer actor who was at least as impressive as him at the auditions. I'm confident that they chose the right actor for Nick.

by Anonymousreply 194June 21, 2022 9:24 AM

I’ll give £100 if Kit isn’t straight.

by Anonymousreply 195June 21, 2022 12:26 PM

Joe and Bash being mean to Kit lol. I wonder if this is only banter, especially between Joe and Kit who don't seem to like each other very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 21, 2022 1:59 PM

[Quote] Why is everyone assuming that Kit Connor is straight?

Because he EXPERTLY shut down debate over his sexuality. EXPERTLY.

by Anonymousreply 197June 21, 2022 2:03 PM

R196 at this point I think it genuinely is just banter; it happens far too frequently and causes too much drama on Twitter when it does (people concerned that they hate each other) for the network or agents to not step in if there was actually an issue to tell them to tone it down and fake it better online. Joe also does it on Tobie’s posts sometimes and even on Bash’s. I used to think he and Kit genuinely didn’t get on well and now I lean towards them actually being good friends from a distance. They seemed to rub each other the wrong way a bit on set but then they filmed 10-11 hours a day, mostly together. In interviews and in mentions of one another, social media interactions, and rare shots of them hanging out they’ve seemed better friends. I’d wager there’s some truth to what Kit said in an interview, that only he and Joe fully understood how batshit insane the overnight success was. None of the others got attention to the same degree except maybe Yaz who seems to love it and whose attention wasn’t linked to personal life. I think when it’s just texting each other and occasionally chatting they get on well, they’re just not super compatible for close friendship which is fine.

by Anonymousreply 198June 21, 2022 2:16 PM

Yet another interview that’s focused on Kit shutting down questions about his sexuality. He really needs to start blacklisting that question; I think he’s gotten praise on social media for his answer so his PR are leaning into it but even people who initially liked that answer are getting sick of the most discussed question of sexuality from Heartstopper being the likely straight lead refusing to disclose rather than the gay lead or trans costar discussing their journeys. He’d be better served blacklisting it and getting more interesting questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 21, 2022 2:18 PM

[Quote] good friends from a distance.

I like you so much... but stay over there.

by Anonymousreply 200June 21, 2022 2:20 PM

I think Kit and his team know that sexuality will get clicks. They don't have or want to use any other angle.

by Anonymousreply 201June 21, 2022 2:21 PM

Uncomfortable? But didn't he say that he's confident and comfortable in his seuxality?

THIS is why he shouldn't speak on the subject until he's comfortable. The way he acts, you'd think he'd been papped multiple times with fucking Brandon Flynn or something.

by Anonymousreply 202June 21, 2022 2:23 PM

What's interesting is that his tweet that started this whole sexuality discussion was in response to another tweet accusing him of queer baiting. If he was straight, I find it extremely odd it was that accusation that frustrated him to the point of making that tweet, again telling people not to assume things.

He wasn't responding to tweets saying/assuming he was queer/bi/gay. He responded to a tweet essentially saying he's straight and queer baiting. Again, he says, don't make assumptions to the latter tweet. What else could he be implying other than he might not be 100% heterosexual.

If he was straight, it makes no sense to me that he would choose that specific tweet to make his stance on....which is basically confirming that accusation.

by Anonymousreply 203June 21, 2022 2:35 PM

He and Joe tweeted in response to "hate" at the same time... I spell a publicist at work.

by Anonymousreply 204June 21, 2022 2:38 PM

R203 tbf he could well be not straight. But continuing to answer the same question the same way is boring at best and a bad PR move at worst. He’s entitled to be low key / private about his sexuality but I think at least some of the side eye he gets is that he does that while also proclaiming how proud he is to be part of a show that gives do much representation to LGBTQ people especially bisexual men. Honestly he’s said what he wants to say, which is both “don’t assume” and “it’s private”; ban the question now. To be fair I think others need to ban similar questions or at least get more PR training to vary them a bit before they answer them, as Joe can also be repetitive in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 205June 21, 2022 2:40 PM

Most people don't read multiple interviews. All interviewees repeat themselves on a promo run. Kit should shut up about not disclosing, though. There's no legs in it.

by Anonymousreply 206June 21, 2022 2:42 PM

Again with the “assuming his sexuality” questions. Is that the only highlight of his interviews??? If you don’t want to talk about it, then just black list it. Its great that you have spoken about it one time, but constantly repeating it feels like you are fearing it yourself, a completely opposite message than what the show wants to deliver. If you wont follow the rule yourself, nobody is going to follow in your footsteps, and that meant going back into closet. Even if he is straight, nobody is suddenly going to start hating on him. I get that he is just 18, and barely an adult and shouldn’t be pressurised into disclosing it, but many people look upto him and the show, so don’t tarnish it by stating the fact repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 207June 21, 2022 3:03 PM

I think the Bash and Joe comments are just banter.

by Anonymousreply 208June 21, 2022 3:09 PM

[Quote] constantly repeating it feels like you are fearing it yourself, a completely opposite message than what the show wants to deliver.

Can't relate.

by Anonymousreply 209June 21, 2022 3:13 PM

I don't know. When Joe quipped that Kit can't play rugby, Will and Yaz reacted like "Oh, it's kicking off again!"

by Anonymousreply 210June 21, 2022 3:14 PM

Why does he look like Mindy Cohn in OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 211June 21, 2022 3:17 PM

R203 the tweet gained a lot of attention and it was negative, calling him the queerbaiter of the summer. I'd guess he was upset with the lack of absolute adoration from everyone more than thinking he was greatly offended he was being called straight while he's not.

by Anonymousreply 212June 21, 2022 6:17 PM

Oh my god. Another fucking article about his private sexuality. Shut the fuck up Kit. If nothing else, it’s boring. And he could really do with reading the room.

I disagree with him reacting to a tweet about queer bating meaning he isn’t straight. It was a negative tweet, no-one would like being called that. In fact, his parroting on about all this makes me think even more so that he’s straight & really worried people will turn on him about it. So it’s all about being private & being young. Blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 213June 21, 2022 6:41 PM

From the show's producer:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 21, 2022 6:43 PM

R214 I have no issues with Kit at all, but things like this make me realize why the banter with Joe comes off as dislike - he just isn't very funny. He's had over a week to come up with something witty and writes that instead

by Anonymousreply 215June 21, 2022 8:17 PM

Ha. That made me laugh R215.

by Anonymousreply 216June 21, 2022 8:22 PM

I wonder why Kit doesn't care at all about Rhea Norwood, he never liked her pics on instagram or made a comment on them. They shared some screentime together and she is very pretty. A straight boy would be interested in her, unless Kit is really dating that Sof girl.

by Anonymousreply 217June 21, 2022 8:30 PM

[Quote] I wonder why Kit doesn't care at all about Rhea Norwood, he never liked her pics on instagram or made a comment on them.

They're fucking.

by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2022 8:30 PM

R217 Kit posted a photo from Borough Market in London yesterday and then shortly after the Sof girl posted an instagram story of her and a man (all you saw was his shirtsleeve) having brunch at a cafe there. My guess is they're a thing, she got a lot of backlash and they agreed to stay lowkey, but she can't help but hint at it. If that is the case, fans aren't really wrong that she's flexing him for the internet but tbf she's a teenager dating a new famous person and I don't think that's altogether uncommon.

by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2022 8:34 PM

does anyone have a print of the instagram story that Sof posted? Did the fans talk about this story on twitter or anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2022 8:39 PM

R220

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 21, 2022 8:42 PM

so kit likes brown women. I'm picturing his extremely pink cock penetrating her brown pussy. i wonder if he records them fucking or if he sends nudes to her.

by Anonymousreply 222June 21, 2022 8:56 PM

[Quote] My guess is they're a thing, she got a lot of backlash and they agreed to stay lowkey, but she can't help but hint at it.

Why did she make a point of saying on TikTok that they're not dating.

by Anonymousreply 223June 21, 2022 9:06 PM

R223 not dating doesn't mean they're not hooking up tbf. or could be lying. Or could be telling the truth but if that's the case it's even weirder she posts incredibly dull boring TikToks that feature him doing nothing

by Anonymousreply 224June 21, 2022 9:31 PM

R223, Kit clearly has a huge bee in his bonnet about his life remaining private & not sharing an inch of it with his adoring fans. I imagine he told her to shut down the rumours, whether true or not. He doesn’t look the attention one bit. She appears to love it.

by Anonymousreply 225June 21, 2022 9:49 PM

I do not envy an 18 year old, of whatever orientation, trying to manage/endure the absurd expectations and intrusive remarks of 5,000,000 followers. Kudos to him for living his life out and about as best he can, vs. becoming a hermit at home rocking in a corner clasping a bottle of Xanax bars.

by Anonymousreply 226June 22, 2022 12:23 AM

If anyone hasn't seen this yet it's hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 22, 2022 12:35 AM

Seen what? Heartstopper?

by Anonymousreply 228June 22, 2022 12:41 AM

He's obviously dating her on the DL..people lie all the time about relationships..it's a no brainer.

by Anonymousreply 229June 22, 2022 1:27 AM

I was looking at one of his old pics today (from the filming time of Heartstopper) and noticed she commented with Bash replying to her. (Followed her for the sake of the SS as I couldn’t be bothered to figure out how to layer her comment over the pic otherwise). Between that and the dinner I think they’re very likely more than friends. He seemed pretty reserved behind the scenes of the show and seems pretty willing to keep his HS costars and his life broadly more or less separate. I don’t think that lends itself to just introducing his costars to his platonic best mate by May 2021 a few weeks after filming started. More likely he invited her as his girlfriend or SO or whatever to hang out with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 22, 2022 1:36 AM

I just hope Kit won't suffer the same fate as Jack Wild or Brad Renfro. I fear that he won't be able to deal with the offers drying up and his looks becoming absolute shit.

by Anonymousreply 231June 22, 2022 1:39 AM

What's the point of having her deny the romance when he's deleted his denial of a romance with her brother? Richard Madden needs to give some of these kids lessons. Never deny. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 232June 22, 2022 1:42 AM

[Quote] his looks becoming absolute shit.

He's not exactly Vivien Leigh.

I can see him having a similar career to the guy from Equus. Peter Whatisname.

by Anonymousreply 233June 22, 2022 1:43 AM

R219 I think you nailed it.

No straight guy is going to brunch unless he's being dragged by his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 234June 22, 2022 1:50 AM

He went to a Paramount Plus event tonight, he’s doing an alright job networking it seems (getting invited to the Elvis event, Cartier event, and this). He’s lucky to already be living in London. Once Joe is full time in London I think he and Yaz (not sure where she lives) will get on the event attendance train too; I think the others minus perhaps Bash won’t get nearly as broadly invited unless their roles and popularity expand a lot next season. But Kit has brought Will to an event or two as a plus one and I’m sure Joe would do the same for Bash so those two specifically might get in that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 22, 2022 1:59 AM

His career will be fine. He'll probably get some big role outside HS soon. He seems to have a lot of industry support, the press and fans love his "expertly shutting down" the sexuality questions, women love him. Just needs to be careful and make sure his GF isn't too attention whorish. I personally find it kind of shit the straight guy will end up with the best career out of all the HS actors, but what can you do.

by Anonymousreply 236June 22, 2022 2:00 AM

Wonder if the girl recording in this clip Kit posted for Joe’s birthday was Sof? You hear Bash’s voice and it’s his house so it seems like it was just Joe, Bash, Kit, and a fourth person who’s a girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 22, 2022 2:32 AM

You just know it must be torture for his girlfriend (this Sof person) to have to pretend they're just "best friends," and miss out on going to all these networking events with Kit as his plus one. A girl that pretty, forced to stay closeted about her relationship with a famous actor? Does not bode well. By the end of season 2, I fully expect Kit to fess up he's straight, so he can publicly start bringing his girlfriend to events so she can feel pretty, mingle with celebs and feel envied by all the other tween bitches who wish they were in her place.

by Anonymousreply 238June 22, 2022 5:09 AM

It makes no sense that Kit would make TikToks with his girlfriend while trying to keep their relationship on the downlow. The TikToks only fuel the speculation.

by Anonymousreply 239June 22, 2022 5:22 AM

Why does kit sometimes look like a middle- aged dad. He looked so youthful in HS , but the clothes he wears to these events don’t do him any justice. Especially the ones he wore at that polo event or whatever it was.

by Anonymousreply 240June 22, 2022 5:38 AM

I think Kit is already anticipating being middle aged, which is why he consents to appear in TikToks doing virtually nothing.

by Anonymousreply 241June 22, 2022 5:50 AM

Hopefully Sof will spill the beans when he dumps her for a better version.

by Anonymousreply 242June 22, 2022 5:56 AM

R239 tbf everything is a trade off. If he actually is with her and had been for over a year by the time the show came out, saying “you can’t say you’re with me, come to any events with me, ever interact with me online, or post about me” would have been met with a resounding no likely even from the most laidback gf in the world (and she seems to enjoy the attention). Not meant to derogate her, she’s 18 and attractive and dating someone famous; of course the attention is fun. Her agreeing to play it as just friends but demanding some level of online interaction feels like a potential compromise.

by Anonymousreply 243June 22, 2022 6:09 AM

[quote]"I'm not too big on labels."

by Anonymousreply 244June 22, 2022 6:30 AM

R243 If that's the agreement, it won't last long I'm sure. We gays have been forced for centuries to stay closeted and not be public with our partners. These straight bitches aren't acclimated to that oppression. We'll be seeing her on Kit's arm at red carpet events by next season, wearing all the designer dresses and hobnobbing with the Stranger Things kids.

by Anonymousreply 245June 22, 2022 7:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 22, 2022 8:42 AM

Oh Kit, the hair, the hair. Just, no. Anything--like, literally anything--is better than that dated curtained haircut.

Why can't he style it like in the picture? Or any other style? Anything would be better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Everyone is making massive assumptions here about Kit’s relationship with Sof. He is allowed to have female friends and go for brunch with them.

But on the haircut, totally agree - as does every single stylist on every shoot who works with him. Although I’ve seen quite a few teens in London with exactly same cut so maybe they know something we don’t.

by Anonymousreply 248June 22, 2022 11:11 AM

Someone made this comment on a picture of Sof some weeks ago. Has this been discussed here before?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 22, 2022 1:20 PM

Yeah, her brother basically confirmed that they’re together.

It makes sense for them to be private about it, fans are already harassing her and Kit had to defend her on twitter (link below). He has to be seen as Single and Available to the girlies fantasizing about him and buying his magazines. Plenty of deluded fan girls even think Sebastian is straight and they hold on to that fantasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 22, 2022 1:43 PM

Given they’re all Gen Z it’s genuinely funny how bad the entire cast is at Tiktok. It’s honestly pretty endearing because they have no clue what they’re doing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 22, 2022 1:58 PM

I just noticed that his eyes are quite asymetrical.

by Anonymousreply 252June 22, 2022 2:24 PM

[R242] Always a better version...truth there.. The rest of the main cast has been pretty straight forward about who and what they are..and I find it disturbing the "breakout" star in a queer show is the "closeted" Straight man. I really wish they had given this role to an actual bi or gay athletic actor..their are numerous ones out there.

I think alot of people overlook some of the reasons that celebrities are forthcoming with their sexualities..it's is obviously about them..but I've also felt it supports the wider community as a whole to live in their truth and know they are not alone.

People like Kit piss me off on many levels..and his aversion to being truthful is but one of the reasons. I think at the end of the day he's looking and soaking up his 15 mins.. This show isn't even a hit in the US..and a lot of other countries.

I find it funny too how a frau is writing about the gay experience.

by Anonymousreply 253June 22, 2022 3:16 PM

Let's not pretend it's just about Kit and his actions. There's another side to it. Lots of people - both audience and industry - withdraw their support when actors come out. Zachary Quinto knows that. It doesn't mean that people shouldn't come out but they are not villains if they take their time in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 254June 22, 2022 3:30 PM

Thousands of actors auditioned for Nick Nelson. The creators of the show chose Kit. He is absolute perfection as Nick and this is all that matters. Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 255June 22, 2022 3:45 PM

Doubtful. Open calls weren't for Nick.

by Anonymousreply 256June 22, 2022 3:59 PM

R255 I agree that he's actually really good as Nick but with all due respect I think people can disagree that that's all that matters and whether or not they want to "move on", especially because a lot of the annoyance seems to be tied to the fact that he's at best benefiting from seeming straight or is actually straight and is being billed as the star and breakout over the openly gay lead. I'm personally fine with him playing Nick, as I think over half the cast being out or functionally out (Bash calling himself queer and clearly being with Joe for instance) is a good enough percentage for a teenage cast even if he's straight, but others can disagree. Personally I have no real issues with whatever sexuality he is or wanting to keep it private; I just wish he'd let Joe tackle the questions about the importance of queer representation as I think it's hypocritical to play both sides.

by Anonymousreply 257June 22, 2022 4:04 PM

Kit has more followers than Joe. Kit's posts have much more comments than Joe's posts. It's the public that is making Kit the breakout star, for fuck's sake. It's not Kit's fault that a lot of people like him as Nick more than they like Locke as Charlie. Blame the audience for falling in love with Nick Nelson, not Kit.

by Anonymousreply 258June 22, 2022 4:12 PM

Exactly. Joe has character looks. Kit is less charactery.

by Anonymousreply 259June 22, 2022 4:17 PM

I don't even want to watch season 2 or 3, all the magic is gone. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2022 10:44 AM

[R260] I feel that. For me it's all the neurotic fangurl drama on Twitter, Tumblr and insta..thank God I don't use tik too. It's also the fact that the straight lead overshadows the actual queer actors on a queer show. I think Kit is doing more harm then good..talking way too much about NOT talking about his sexuality..Personally I'm disappointed about the lack of a real bisexual ( considering Im bisexual) in the cast when their is a lesbian/ non binary, gay and Trans out actors/ actresses in the show..

by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2022 12:26 PM

Some of you are so tiresome. And it's not like the show had much "magic" in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 262June 23, 2022 12:33 PM

[quote] For me it's all the neurotic fangurl drama on Twitter, Tumblr and insta..

And DL

by Anonymousreply 263June 23, 2022 12:46 PM

It is funny cause it is a woke show, so poor Kit must stay in the straight closet. During Cmbyn promo both Timothee and Armie had no problem proclaiming they were straight.

by Anonymousreply 264June 23, 2022 1:19 PM

Bullshit. Kit is using the sexuality question as an angle for self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 265June 23, 2022 1:24 PM

This weird anti-Kit brigade is something I've only seen here. The fandom on twitter supports and loves the entire cast, there is no big drama there.

by Anonymousreply 266June 23, 2022 1:49 PM

Twitter loves self victimization. They'd eat up Kit's comments with an ice cream cone.

by Anonymousreply 267June 23, 2022 1:52 PM

He looks so good with long hair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 23, 2022 2:47 PM

[R266] This is DL where people call things as they see them..Twitter is for fangirls..and weird other weird shit.

by Anonymousreply 269June 23, 2022 2:49 PM

Kit as a girl. Very cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Kit as a girl again. He reminds me of some actress in this photo. Emily Browning maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 23, 2022 2:54 PM

Kit as a kitten?

by Anonymousreply 272June 23, 2022 3:04 PM

This is an interesting look. Joe definitely pulls it off better. Imo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 23, 2022 6:18 PM

The androgynous thing really does Kit zero favours. Works a treat on stick thin, quirky, gay Joe.

Joe to me instinctively knows how to pose naturally. His face always looks relaxed & not forced. Kit has no clue. He looks pained in half photos!

by Anonymousreply 274June 23, 2022 6:23 PM

Not sure now old this pic is but he does look good with this style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275June 23, 2022 6:24 PM

R274 I feel for Kit in that they force him into these weird edgy styles that don't suit him. He looks like the character he plays, i.e. a rugby player - let him wear suits, button downs, jeans, and more standard fits and he looks great. He might still feel a bit awkward posing but i'm sure would feel better than in a crop top or cutout shirt. Agree that Joe is the more instinctive poser but for some reason magazines are obsessed with giving him oversized clothing? He's rail thin, about 5'8, and looks young for his age. They need to stick with more tailored outfits like the one above more IMO.

by Anonymousreply 276June 23, 2022 6:27 PM

Kit mostly looks pained, even in his red carpet pics as a kid. He mentioned being shy. It wouldn't surprise me if anxiety is a big thing in his life.

by Anonymousreply 277June 23, 2022 6:46 PM

Kit commented on Yaz's photo in Paris "see you soon". Looks like it'll be a mini cast reunion, presumably for one of the fashion shows?

by Anonymousreply 278June 23, 2022 6:54 PM

I for one cannot wait to see what Kit wears in comparison to Joe, Bash & Yaz.

by Anonymousreply 279June 23, 2022 7:45 PM

Connor Jessup is already with Croft and Locke. It'll be interesting to see them all together again.

by Anonymousreply 280June 23, 2022 7:51 PM

Kit's new Instagram post for a magazine has Joe joking about Kit's height in the magazine article. Kit respond about Joe not having his coffee. Quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 281June 23, 2022 7:59 PM

Is it funny though? Maybe between themselves but otherwise, just a bit cringe. Maybe it’s funny to teenagers, my 30 year old self is less easily amused.

by Anonymousreply 282June 23, 2022 8:31 PM

You're easily humorless, though.

by Anonymousreply 283June 23, 2022 9:45 PM

Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 284June 23, 2022 9:50 PM

Fingers crossed, Yaz won't wear a busted wig. Put that Doctor Who coin to good use.

by Anonymousreply 285June 23, 2022 9:53 PM

'He' looks like Eliot Page.

by Anonymousreply 286June 23, 2022 9:55 PM

Bet u he'll bring his girlfriend with him too. 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 287June 23, 2022 11:40 PM

He’s been hitting the gym in the off season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 24, 2022 5:14 PM

He is the most unnatural poser known to man. Good arms.

by Anonymousreply 289June 24, 2022 5:22 PM

“Heartstopper.”” Jesus, this is what passes for a male “heartstopper” these days?! Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 290June 24, 2022 6:39 PM

Funny for someone who doesn't want to be sexualized you sure puts himself out there. What a hypocrite

by Anonymousreply 291June 24, 2022 6:50 PM

Kit is in Paris with Sof

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 24, 2022 7:30 PM

Ohhhhhh she is SO his girlfriend 😂 I was on the fence about it to be honest but this swings me well in favour of them being together.

But you know, maybe he’s smuggled her brother in his suitcase.

by Anonymousreply 293June 24, 2022 7:34 PM

R288 i'm sorry but he looks ridiculous, he's 18 ffs he's still a kid.

by Anonymousreply 294June 24, 2022 7:39 PM

Lovely pits.

by Anonymousreply 295June 24, 2022 7:41 PM

Call it in Paris with his girlfriend..lol

by Anonymousreply 296June 24, 2022 8:39 PM

So, Kit is a lesbian then, ha.

by Anonymousreply 297June 24, 2022 10:43 PM

[quote]Ohhhhhh she is SO his girlfriend 😂 I was on the fence about it to be honest but this swings me well in favour of them being together.

Right? This is all the proof I need as well. They are definitely together, and he's straight. No freaking way was his girlfriend going to be left behind from visiting [italic]PARIS[/italic], while her boyfriend is attending all these celebrity events (alone!) and probably having poontang thrown at him every 5 seconds.

Bitch, please. haha

by Anonymousreply 298June 25, 2022 12:31 AM

This could be a clever strategy, actually -- a slow-roll coming out as straight vs. making a big announcement on social media that would whip the teenaged super-fans into another shrieking Twitter/Instagram emoticons frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 299June 25, 2022 1:27 AM

Then why have her deny that they are dating on her TikTok account. None of this makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 300June 25, 2022 1:29 AM

It makes perfect sense R300. Kit (& Joe) properly freaked out about the level of fame & interest in their personal lives that HS brought them. Kit in particular clearly wants his private life private. You can quite imagine the amount of AWFUL comments that girl has got from fans. He had to do yet another defensive twitter post asking people to stop it. I imagine both he & her decided to deny anything to protect her as much as possible.

But they are still people. They still deserve to live their lives together, friends or more. She was very much in the background of that clip & I suspect she’ll be there quietly & not upfront and centre with him.

Having a girlfriend doesn’t mean his straight to be fair. I think he is but he could be bi 🤷🏼‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 301June 25, 2022 7:55 AM

I agree, R301. The kid is just [bold]eighteen-years-old[/bold], ffs. He could be bi, pan, straight, whatever. He may not even have it all figured out for all we know. He played a role and did it very well, and in the publicity showed himself to be an ally (cue Imogen).

It’s insane what people expect of a kid doing a job. He doesn’t owe anyone anything. Let him live his goddamned life. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 302June 25, 2022 8:33 AM

^^ Oh, ffs. Not only did I fuck up the closing tag, I accidentally W&Wd my own post when I went to make this apology. I give up on the internet for tonight. 😔

by Anonymousreply 303June 25, 2022 8:37 AM

Also, it is worth noting being best friends doesn't negate they're in a romantic relationship. The majority of people consider their partner their best friend. Kit probably considers her his girlfriend and his best friend. Maybe that allowed him to keep the crazy fangirls at bay, but also publicly acknowledge her presence in his life on social media. She obviously likes the attention and wants to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 304June 25, 2022 8:58 AM

R299 It will be interesting to see how they play out in Paris. Will his girlfriend be content to stay in the background as a "friend" and continue this ruse?

Or, will we start seeing her at some social events with Kit? Passing up an opportunity to wear Dior or Chanel, while being photographed on the arm of your hot, celebrity boyfriend--in Paris, no less--is a tall request. I don't think she'll be able to resist, to be honest. I can imagine she hates this "best friend" arrangement and is pushing him to be more public about their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 305June 25, 2022 9:37 AM

I’m beginning to think I just don’t understand fashion because those pants are interesting to say the least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 25, 2022 11:03 AM

Those jeans are a crime. Did he sit in some bleach?

by Anonymousreply 307June 25, 2022 11:22 AM

This was at the Loewe show, I think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 25, 2022 11:29 AM

Sof wants people to know she’s there in Paris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309June 25, 2022 11:38 AM

And now we all do R309

by Anonymousreply 310June 25, 2022 12:51 PM

Oh, please. They did several TikToks together. There's no fucking way that they didn't know they were bringing attention to themselves as a pair.

by Anonymousreply 311June 25, 2022 12:56 PM

I think she's fine being the best friend. She gets all the benefits without any of the hate. She didn't get photographed at any show, but I'm sure she'll leave Paris with lots of nice clothes. And everyone knows she's there so she's made her claim anyway. I just feel HS fans are either stupid or gullible to think these obvious couples (Joe and Bash too) are friends.

by Anonymousreply 312June 25, 2022 1:19 PM

I love Heartstopper (both the comic and the show; as a high school school librarian, I’ve found the books to be such a positive thing for kids), but the one or two frauen posting to each other here about the minutiae of Kit’s relationship with this woman need to get a grip, and maybe post elsewhere unless they want to get this thread paywalled like the others.

You’re being really judgy about fucking TEENAGERS, for god’s sake. It’s weird.

by Anonymousreply 313June 25, 2022 1:59 PM

Go back to twitter then. But Imagine loving Heartstoppers. I'm just here for the gossip.

by Anonymousreply 314June 25, 2022 2:01 PM

[R313]..This is DL...it's what we do here..Go back to the fangirls on Twitter..they live in their own world..

by Anonymousreply 315June 25, 2022 2:02 PM

[Quote] You’re being really judgy

[Quote] It’s weird.

Bless your fucking heart.

by Anonymousreply 316June 25, 2022 2:09 PM

TF are you talking about, R315? (And maybe learn how to reference a post.)

I’m not a fucking fangirl, doofus. I just think it’s fucked that a few frauen are being boring and catty about some kids, spiralling into inane bullshit like they’re egging each other on, and are going to get the thread paywalled. It’s not good gossip; it’s not witty; it is of no value.

by Anonymousreply 317June 25, 2022 2:19 PM

R313 that's what you come after me for?? Referencing a post? And I am the jerk?? Yeah ok..

They're not kids..they're Adults..gossip is just gossip..stop trying to police what people say..if this thread is paywalled a new one will pop up..big Whoop

by Anonymousreply 318June 25, 2022 2:32 PM

R317 (so you won't get triggered) Your posts are all whining that he's just a teen so leave him alone . You seem upset people think he's straight honestly. Just leave the thread if it bugs you?

by Anonymousreply 319June 25, 2022 2:34 PM

Its sad to know that the sof girl couldn’t publicly hang around with her boyfriend and go to these events, for fear of bieng harassed by crazy fangirls. Although , I do wonder if his management team is behind it all . Especially after that “speculating his sexuality “ debacle. Kit already looks pretty straight and I am 80 percent sure he is. If he is seen with that girl in an event, people will already conclude that kit is straight, and who knows if the show will suffer some consequences as a result of it.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2022 2:37 PM

It is all fault of the woke phonys from the production who were talking bullshit about actors matching character's sexuality. An actor is a job and his sexuality and personal life are nobody's business.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2022 2:47 PM

R321 Exactly! They must have known he was straight.

R320 they made their bed, now they should all lie in it. One big lie after another.

Can't wait to see how they handle it when the truth comes.

by Anonymousreply 322June 25, 2022 2:55 PM

[Quote] Its sad to know that the sof girl couldn’t publicly hang around with her boyfriend and go to these events, for fear of bieng harassed by crazy fangirls.

Give me a break. She claimed him on TikTok. She knows what she's doing. And she's in Paris, dahling. The fangurl propensity to "poor" their fave (and fave adjacent), I'll never understand. They're living the life.

by Anonymousreply 323June 25, 2022 2:56 PM

It's very silly that Alice and Co. tried that angle. Kit auditioned for both Charlie and Nick, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 324June 25, 2022 2:57 PM

The show’s a hit and the leading men are at PFW being treated like stars. Nobody’s suffering

by Anonymousreply 325June 25, 2022 2:58 PM

R124 I got the impression that this Alice woman is not the brightest star, with her depicting of teenage boys as Victorian maidens and her sexual issues in western Europe in 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 326June 25, 2022 3:03 PM

Lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327June 25, 2022 4:30 PM

Connor Jessup is looking good. I hadn't realized that he was a bottle blond.

by Anonymousreply 328June 25, 2022 4:38 PM

Ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 329June 25, 2022 4:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2022 4:44 PM

Cheer up, Kit. It might never happen.

by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2022 4:50 PM

He's ugly to you but yet you are here ? Lol lol

by Anonymousreply 332June 25, 2022 5:16 PM

Kit should give up to Connor, who had a long dry period, to prove his sexuality matches to the the one of the character in the show.

by Anonymousreply 333June 25, 2022 5:20 PM

All those fans in the comments so upset because Sof’s there clear as day! The show’s RUINED!

by Anonymousreply 334June 25, 2022 5:20 PM

I have found the solution.

by Anonymousreply 335June 25, 2022 5:22 PM

I don't know how anyone can watch interviews with Kit and Joe and then give a shit about any fantasies related to their pairing.

by Anonymousreply 336June 25, 2022 5:22 PM

Another incisive put-down from our little ray of sunshine R332

by Anonymousreply 337June 25, 2022 5:23 PM

Connor went from being the third wheel to being the fifth wheel. He needs to find himself a cute Parisian boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 25, 2022 5:29 PM

Connor is effortlessly stunting on those hoes.

by Anonymousreply 339June 25, 2022 5:33 PM

I feel Kit could do better than that girl

by Anonymousreply 340June 25, 2022 5:37 PM

She's prettier than he is.

by Anonymousreply 341June 25, 2022 5:38 PM

Her hair is a trumph. A TRIUMPH!

by Anonymousreply 342June 25, 2022 5:39 PM

Just platonic mates like Joe and Bash I suppose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 25, 2022 6:01 PM

Oh dear god. The fans just make shit up. There were reems of fans on a Insta I was scrolling through the other day saying Joe & Bash had stated they were just friends & nothing more. No they fucking haven’t. Not remotely.

by Anonymousreply 344June 25, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote]She's prettier than he is.

She's prettier than ALL of them! LOL

[quote]Her hair is a trumph. A TRIUMPH!

It's glorious.

[quote]Just platonic mates like Joe and Bash I suppose

Yup. Playing the same game. Confirm nothing online, but are openly living their lives together in public. Only idiots who can't put two and two together will continue to think they're just friends.

by Anonymousreply 345June 25, 2022 6:07 PM

Weird, that he didn’t bring her brother, but made sure to bring her. I wonder how they are rooming 🤔. I am pretty sure some actions are definitely going on behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 346June 25, 2022 6:30 PM

R346 whatever do you mean?

Miss her brother! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 347June 25, 2022 6:47 PM

At a fashion show I think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 25, 2022 6:51 PM

He looks good imo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349June 25, 2022 6:54 PM

cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 25, 2022 7:00 PM

That is a rough 18...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 25, 2022 7:04 PM

It’s a no from me. He’s too boyish for these outfits they keep trying on him!

by Anonymousreply 352June 25, 2022 7:05 PM

They're all fug. Why are you all so invested in their lives, spying on their every move, carefully analyzing every word they say on social media ?

Don't you have anything else to do, you bald dumb fat whores ?

by Anonymousreply 353June 25, 2022 7:11 PM

Off topic and I know it's been discussed but he never smiles showing his teeth. I know he has a missing tooth but he doesn't look bad at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354June 25, 2022 7:12 PM

That jacket is a No. Wayy too short. I'd almost expect a matching pair of Mary Janes.

by Anonymousreply 355June 25, 2022 7:13 PM

I like Kit and think he is attractive but the styling is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 356June 25, 2022 7:33 PM

Whereas Joe smiles broadly despite his missing tooth. Kit needs to unclench.

by Anonymousreply 357June 25, 2022 7:35 PM

R347. Why would I miss her brother. If he can be “ just friends “ with her and still bring her to paris , why couldn’t he do the same for her brother. Some people don’t realise that they are actually dating . And this is their post-exam getaway . I am pretty sure they are already doing the deed, now that they are out of their respective parents reach.

by Anonymousreply 358June 25, 2022 8:29 PM

He’s lucky that Sebastian and Joe also aren’t fully out about being together. If those two decide to post things that make it explicit they’re a couple or confirm their relationship I think it’ll be way harder for Kit to justify keeping things private to his girlfriend. If they’ve been dating since pre heartstopper casting like her brother said as per the thread above, then passing it off as platonic best mates after nearly 2 years is probably already annoying to her. If his costars are openly together then she’d really have a reason to be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 359June 25, 2022 8:47 PM

Carrying her purse for her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 25, 2022 9:24 PM

Oh Connor wearing dad shoes. I wonder how it feels to 5th wheel 3 18 year olds and a 20 year old. I suppose they’re all trying to be low key so at least there’s no pda he has to sit through

by Anonymousreply 361June 25, 2022 10:23 PM

Isn't Connor nearly 30 or already 30? How does he know them all ?

by Anonymousreply 362June 26, 2022 2:02 AM

R362 He's 28. I think he knows both Joe and Kit through Bash. Pretty sure he knows Bash through Emilia Jones, who is his onscreen sister in Locke and Key and was Bash's costar in Horrible Histories and is his childhood friend. He and Bash started commenting on one another's posts online right around the time Connor came out.

by Anonymousreply 363June 26, 2022 2:17 AM

Kit’s pits are quite ginger…so the carpet is likely the same.

by Anonymousreply 364June 26, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote] "In OP's pic he looks like a less balding version of Warren Beatty's gay trans son."

Or like this, which was the first thing that came to mind when viewing the OP photo. Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but while I love DL and hate repeat posts, I wasn't about to check over three hundred posts on a thread that will probably close soon anyway.

Also: RIP Josh Ryan Evans. He would've turned forty in January 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 26, 2022 5:49 AM

The new pic of him showing his pits was gross. It was like an attack, what did people do to deserve it? calm down and try hard baby face, you are not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 366June 26, 2022 9:10 AM

Kenzo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367June 26, 2022 9:59 AM

Kit took Sof with him, she's sitting behind him R367.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 26, 2022 10:59 AM

She's going home with a lot of goods.

So these two have been together for two years already?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369June 26, 2022 11:13 AM

I feel cheated, one of them is straight and the other is sleeping with the enemy. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 370June 26, 2022 11:21 AM

It goes without saying, Kit is 100 percent straight. Although, that sof girl seems like older and more mature than kit. But it might be because of kits baby face.

by Anonymousreply 371June 26, 2022 12:31 PM

They're doing the Joe and Bash where they walk miles apart to avoid being associated together.

by Anonymousreply 372June 26, 2022 12:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373June 26, 2022 12:45 PM

R370 100% why nobody can be honest with their relationships since some people would seriously be upset. Or start shipping Ben and Charlie. Hang in there Sof, HS won't last forever.

And he looks good at the Kenzo event. That style suits him.

by Anonymousreply 374June 26, 2022 12:53 PM

I'm still baffled by the forehead wrinkles. This is not normal for a 18 year old boy, even a very pale ginger one.

by Anonymousreply 375June 26, 2022 1:40 PM

Kit and Joe both need to fire their stylists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 26, 2022 2:32 PM

R376...He looks like a grandpa in that..🤡🤡🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 377June 26, 2022 2:54 PM

Can't be helped you gotta wear the clothes for the show you go to. I think his hair looks better at least.

by Anonymousreply 378June 26, 2022 2:56 PM

For some reason when I see pictures of Kit I think of K.D. Lang.

by Anonymousreply 379June 26, 2022 4:25 PM

For some reason I'm extremely attracted to men who look like lesbian women.

by Anonymousreply 380June 26, 2022 4:32 PM

This is the best Kit has looked in ages! The cardigan is a stretch but the chinos & shirt & brown shoes look casual & something that an 18 year old might wear.

It is baffling seeing all these teenagers keeping their relationships a secret. They aren’t that famous!

by Anonymousreply 381June 26, 2022 4:49 PM

[Quote] 100% why nobody can be honest with their relationships since some people would seriously be upset. Or start shipping Ben and Charlie.

Oh, please. Joe and Bash have shown us. They just haven't told us. It's ok to trust your eyes.

by Anonymousreply 382June 26, 2022 4:58 PM

Kit reminds me of someone. Who could it be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 26, 2022 5:03 PM

With Yaz and Sof post show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 26, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote]Kit took Sof with him, she's sitting behind him

Well, that didn't last long. Now he's taking her to public events. Next up, a red carpet event where they are holding hands and kissing. All the fangirl comments still insisting they're just friends.

It will be interesting when/how they eventually confirm they're a couple. Because they have both stated multiple times they are not dating, it'll come off looking like they lied to Kit's fans...which will trigger probably an even stronger backlash than if Kit just admitted from the get-go Sof is his girlfriend and he's straight.

Or, they might play the "we were friends, but now are a couple" angle. That way they can play it off and say they didn't technically "lie."

As for the forehead wrinkles...doesn't Kit vape? I wonder if that's aging him faster than the normal 18 year old kid.

by Anonymousreply 385June 26, 2022 8:28 PM

Still mad that they didn't cast gay or at least a bisexual guy to play Nick. Why can't we have good things? This guy deserves to be in detective movies or something where he gets to play intense roles, he looks big and weird, heartstopper is like a kids show.

by Anonymousreply 386June 26, 2022 8:32 PM

R385 my guess is they will try the “best friends to dating” angle and try to spin it somehow as this amazing story of her supporting him through fame and him falling in love. The ironic thing is if he had been more strategic the hyper woke people would’ve been fine mostly with him dating her. She isn’t white, and she’s not a size zero. Not being rude to her, I think she’s quite attractive, but she has a fuller body shape. He could’ve played that up a bit and people probably still would have eaten it up that he’s a “woke king” who likes “real” women and not just skinny white models, but instead he drones on about private sexuality and how she’s just a best friend, and now them being public at any point will be more difficult. Obviously there would still be gay fans who are disappointed a straight man was cast but it would’ve been overall fine; instead he fucked the situation for himself.

by Anonymousreply 387June 26, 2022 8:36 PM

Kit Connor has gynecomastia and should get those bitch tits lopped off.

by Anonymousreply 388June 27, 2022 2:51 AM

Richard Madden looks straight as an arrow but we all know he's been fucking an awfully young boy for years, he had boytoys before that one too, so why are we so sure that Kit is straight? just because he looks it.

by Anonymousreply 389June 27, 2022 5:06 AM

Eh... did you miss that he brought his girlfriend to the Paris fashion shows?

by Anonymousreply 390June 27, 2022 5:11 AM

I will say, after watching his videos of his visit to Paris, he already looks burnt out from the fame. He probably thought he and his girlfriend could enjoy a relaxing week in Paris, attending fashion shows and shopping...but instead were mobbed and followed by fans wherever they went.

Fame is fun to think about in theory, when it's contained to red carpets lined with photographers. But when you can't even take a walk outside your hotel or eat out without being recognized and disturbed by hundreds of strangers coming up to you wanting your attention and time...it starts to look horrifying.

As an introvert myself, who hates strangers approaching me, living that life would be a nightmare for me.

by Anonymousreply 391June 27, 2022 5:19 AM

R385 The fangirls will suck it up soon enough and will continue kissing his ass and compliment her non-stop about her hair/ beauty and find a thousand excuses as to why he lied.

They love their straight boys!

by Anonymousreply 392June 27, 2022 5:21 AM

No fucking way Kit didn't know the consequences bringing that girl to Paris, she was with him all the time, and that guy that is new to fame, he would think twice before doing something like that especially when there are speculations about his sexuality doing rounds. She wouldn't have posted so many tiktoks or told fans they're just friends million times if she was secretly his girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 393June 27, 2022 5:32 AM

[Quote] he already looks burnt out from the fame.

If you look at his red carpet pics from when he was a child, he always looked like he was in this world against his will.

by Anonymousreply 394June 27, 2022 5:34 AM

It's telling that the trio of Connor Jessup, Joe Locke and Sebastian Croft also had a woman with them but she wasn't glued to them like Kit's girlfriend is to him...

by Anonymousreply 395June 27, 2022 5:36 AM

Is she a lesbian ??? cuz' he looks like one.

by Anonymousreply 396June 27, 2022 5:36 AM

[Quote] They love their straight boys!

Be that as it may. They also hate straight boys' girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 397June 27, 2022 5:36 AM

[Quote] Fame is fun to think about in theory, when it's contained to red carpets lined with photographers. But when you can't even take a walk outside your hotel or eat out without being recognized and disturbed by hundreds of strangers coming up to you wanting your attention and time...it starts to look horrifying.

Richard Madden and Brandon Flynn went to Milan Fashion Week and they avoided fans and paps. I'm sure there are plenty of private parties, riparian entertainments even, that Kit & Co. could attend. It's not hard to avoid fans when you go to expensive places that keep the riff raff out.

by Anonymousreply 398June 27, 2022 5:40 AM

R398 Oh, I'm sure they can find places to hide, but he won't be able to take his girlfriend for a stroll along the Champs-Élysées or sit down with her in a quaint cafe without being disturbed by fans for a loooong time.

He'll be fine, of course. The fame won't last forever. I suppose there'll be plenty of time to do those things when he's 30 and HS is forgotten. Best to live up the private parties and fashion shows, because those DEFINITELY won't last forever--unless he manages to hit the A-list later in his career (unlikely, but not impossible).

by Anonymousreply 399June 27, 2022 5:58 AM

I think he looks very handsome at R373, though perhaps a bit tired...or simply over it.

by Anonymousreply 400June 27, 2022 6:10 AM

Looking thrilled at Cannes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 27, 2022 6:22 AM

Calling that butch lesbian handsome is a crime, how does this disaster has a thread of his own and Nicholas Galitzine doesn't? Who is also going to play a gay role in an upcoming movie.

by Anonymousreply 402June 27, 2022 6:34 AM

Galitzine was in that flop Cinderella. DL doesn't see it for flops.

by Anonymousreply 403June 27, 2022 6:35 AM

You don't...?

by Anonymousreply 404June 27, 2022 7:00 AM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 405June 27, 2022 7:08 AM

R402 please, get me a thread about Nick Galitzine. I’ll be right over, I could look at him all damn day. Much like Kit, not convinced he’s gay either but will he & his also quite hot co-star be as coy & weird about their sexualities/relationships as the HS teens? Similar fanbase I imagine. I hope not, they are both late 20’s, hopefully a bit more mature.

by Anonymousreply 406June 27, 2022 8:51 AM

Being "cis" or, god forbid, "straight" right now is SO not "in"

So the charlatans and the opportunists will cling to how "queer" they are

by Anonymousreply 407June 27, 2022 8:55 AM

Another picture I believe from his most recent photoshoot. He and Joe both need to invest in posing coaching for their photoshoots and events. Joe overall does a better job but has some awful photos. Kit looks confused or in pain in a lot of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 27, 2022 11:02 AM

Posing coaching won’t help him he’s just not that attractive.

by Anonymousreply 409June 27, 2022 11:10 AM

R402: There's no point in speculating whether Nicholas Galitzine is gay or not: He declared back in 2017 in a feature for Boys and Girls magazine that he was "a straight dude." That was just after he'd played a gay rugby-playing high schooler (yes, another one!) in the sweet Irish movie "Handsome Devil."

by Anonymousreply 410June 27, 2022 11:18 AM

R410 Is Nick getting flack for taking another gay role from a struggling gay actor?

by Anonymousreply 411June 27, 2022 11:31 AM

Thanks R410. I had assumed he was straight but saw comments on here recently about him & one of his guy mates that made me ponder. Nice to hear he’s been honest in the past, I wonder if he’ll retain that honesty in the face of a much, much bigger crowd who will asking alllll the questions about it & in a time when authentic casting is almost expected.

Will he do a Kit?!

by Anonymousreply 412June 27, 2022 11:55 AM

I’ve said this before - he’s a male Pisces. They are all weird as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 413June 27, 2022 12:07 PM

[411}: I read some grumblings on Twitter about both gay characters in "Red, White and Royal Blue" being played by straight actors, but in terms of authenticity, there seemed to be more complaints their ages. Galitzine's almost 28 and is playing a 22-year-old (though I'm sure he can get away with it), while the other lead, Taylor Zakhar Perez, is a mature-looking 30 and playing a 21-year-old.

I'm still not convinced that Kit is straight, by the way. So he has a female best friend whom he took to Paris? I'm gay, and I also had a close female friend at that age. We probably seemed like a couple too.

Besides, if he's known her for years, then I find it even less likely that they've been dating all this time. How many boys have longterm girlfriends at that age?

by Anonymousreply 414June 27, 2022 12:33 PM

R414 Kit might not be straight, but it seems very likely he is dating her. I get what you mean about longterm girlfriends but if (as I think is the case) he goes to an all boys school and she goes to an all girls school, there's less "choice" available and generally less breakups and short flings than in a coeducational school. Besides, it strikes me as odd that if she is just platonic, she's his best friend. I.E., close enough he asks for a +1 to bring her to designer shows in Paris and that she's the only one of his friends as far as I see that his castmates follow on social media. And yet he would have loads of pics with other friends, including her brother, but not with her, despite them being so close? It seems more likely they're together and he's trying to keep it lower key. I could be wrong, just seems like an unusual arrangement if they're platonic.

by Anonymousreply 415June 27, 2022 12:39 PM

He looks pretty good in the second pic but really needs to sort out the forehead wrinkles. Stop doing the Jaden Smith eyebrow raise Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 27, 2022 12:46 PM

He didn't have any pictures with her on insta before even heartstopper was officially announced. Kinda weird. He didn't delete pictures with her the moment people online started to notice him, there were no pictures there at all. Maybe he has pics with her on his private instagram, but he only has 3 posts there.

by Anonymousreply 417June 27, 2022 12:49 PM

This assumption by so many here that Kit *must* be straight doesn't make sense to me. Nor does the lack of sympathy with him for not wanting to put a label on his sexuality yet. He may have experimented with both sexes for all we know and wants to leave his options open. (At his age, I wouldn't have wanted to label myself I was gay. In fact, I was still fooling myself that I was more on the straight side of bisexual.) On top of that, he has to worry about his career options (at least, in the US) if he gets pigeonholed as a queer actor at this early stage in his career.

Apart from that, I think we also tend to forget that, for his generation, sexuality is different. That 2021 Gallup poll had only 52% of Generation Z identifying as exclusively straight was quite an eye-opener.

My brother's teenaged kids are 17 and 19, and neither would want to define themselves as one thing or the other: they're both open to the idea that they could fall in love tomorrow with either a boy or a girl.

As for Kit, why would he say just this month that he fully understands the need for authentic queer representation, and that “I completely agree that authenticity is something that should be strived for" if he knows he's 100% straight? He didn't need to make that statement, and his plea straight after he made that comment that, "you also shouldn’t pressure me to tell people. It’s a very personal journey that people have to go on” rang true to my own experience at that age.

by Anonymousreply 418June 27, 2022 1:28 PM

Yes but he’s also said that he is ‘completely comfortable with his sexuality’ R418, on multiple occasions. So he clearly knows if he is gay, straight or anything inbetween.

by Anonymousreply 419June 27, 2022 1:43 PM

You DL'rs never cease to amaze me with your stans. This doughy, pale, round-faced ginger with bad floppy hair ...yikes. I expect more from all of you.

by Anonymousreply 420June 27, 2022 1:49 PM

R5, Harry Styles is straight??

by Anonymousreply 421June 27, 2022 1:57 PM

R13,

[quote] (What) 'particularly effeminate twink' ?

Is it someone famous? Is it someone in the cast?

by Anonymousreply 422June 27, 2022 2:01 PM

R420 It’s usually the Brits that are really tasteless. This FTM looking guy, that Joe locke creature, that Sebastian Croft creature, and the Harry styles creature, it’s really cute endless with them.

by Anonymousreply 423June 27, 2022 2:02 PM

It's funny that people on LPSG are in love with Kit and people here think he is hideous. I wonder if it's an age or nationality thing.

by Anonymousreply 424June 27, 2022 2:07 PM

R424 People who tell the truth about someones looks get put on timeout or banned at LPSG.

by Anonymousreply 425June 27, 2022 2:10 PM

R410 Let me share some news with you, but beware they may be mindblowing so better sit down and hold on to your chair. You see, sometimes......people........LIE!

by Anonymousreply 426June 27, 2022 2:13 PM

The "truth" lol. Your opinion is not an universal fact. I personally think Kit is adorable and a lot of people outside DL agree with me.

by Anonymousreply 427June 27, 2022 2:13 PM

R427 Yeah Twitters full of delusion, toxic fan culture.. It seems most of them are English and from South America.. I don't even think most people in America know who he is. Heart Stopper never even peeked into the top 10 on Netflix in the US. The people in my LGBTQ+ community have no interest in watching the show. They think it's too naive and think it's weird for a woman to be writing a gay "love" story. And even the few that did were more into Bash and Joe. I personally liked the show..it was cute in some respects. I didn't like the glossing over of Charlie's assault. Or the fact that Nick kept putting him in situations with his "mates" to get bullied and then did the minimum to defend him. What's really turned me off from Kit Connor himself. I don't care for the messiness about the "sexuality" debacle, and the fact that he puts himself out there to be sexualized on magazines and yet tells people he doesn't want to be sexualized. Hypocritical!, in the fandom surrounding him is super toxic. I can't even go on Twitter or Tumblr and not be bombarded with kit Connor. I'm so over it. Look

by Anonymousreply 428June 27, 2022 2:55 PM

The "complain" about a woman writing the show is so bizarre. Should Almodovar be canceled for making movies with women in the center? Eliza Hittman, a straight woman, made the wonderful movie Beach Rats about a closeted gay man. And lots of other examples. This complain is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 429June 27, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote] full of delusion, toxic fan culture

This is hilarious posted on DL

by Anonymousreply 430June 27, 2022 3:52 PM

Sof is making influencer type “get ready with me” videos for the Kenzo show yesterday. She’s certainly enjoying being brought to events!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 27, 2022 7:13 PM

Is that not Kit's legs 9 seconds, tweeter linked at r431? Kudos to the girlfriend for grabbing the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 432June 27, 2022 7:43 PM

[Quote] They think it's too naive and think it's weird for a woman to be writing a gay "love" story.

Did they think the same about Brokeback Mountain? What about black James Baldwin writing about a white protagonist in Giovanni's Room?

by Anonymousreply 433June 27, 2022 8:00 PM

I've seen people on LPSG get attacked for asking what Zac Efron has done to his face. It is a site of sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 434June 27, 2022 8:01 PM

R432 lol to be clear I didn’t write the tweet, just found that Twitter link to the video. Yeah that’s definitely Kit. Her tiktok videos all have kit in them including this last one, except for one which is just her miming a song but with heartstopper hashtagged. She’s young and clearly eager to be connected with the lead in the show which is fair enough, but it’s odd that even acknowledging that she enjoys the attention without any further judgment is considered hating her on Twitter. Makes me think r392 is probably right and even if they at some point confirm they’re dating the fangirls Will get over it

by Anonymousreply 435June 27, 2022 8:03 PM

[Quote] As for Kit, why would he say just this month that he fully understands the need for authentic queer representation, and that “I completely agree that authenticity is something that should be strived for" if he knows he's 100% straight? He didn't need to make that statement,

Of course, he needed to make that statement. It's called lip service. And it works for lots of people, otherwise politicians wouldn't do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 436June 27, 2022 8:06 PM

R427 I think Kit is great looking, I've always fancied gingers and he has a kind face. Seems wistful and very private. Not one of DL's inked Instaho types obviously, but that's just fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 437June 27, 2022 8:06 PM

Oh, yeah. DL just loves tattoos...

by Anonymousreply 438June 27, 2022 8:07 PM

I TOTALLY SAW HIS LEGS TOO R432! I feel blessed.

Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 439June 27, 2022 8:18 PM

[Quote] Fucking idiot.

That's what stans do, hon. And it will have factored into them liking the post.

by Anonymousreply 440June 27, 2022 8:23 PM

total random but i would love to see kit as the son of kate winslet or cate blanchett in a movie. cant wait for his first role post-heartstopper.

by Anonymousreply 441June 27, 2022 8:31 PM

[quote]The "complain" about a woman writing the show is so bizarre.

She’s also described herself as not just asexual but aromantic. How much can someone like that really understand about gay male desire or relationships?

by Anonymousreply 442June 27, 2022 8:31 PM

Many gay man don't know how to have relationships. Gay men are not a monolith.

by Anonymousreply 443June 27, 2022 8:35 PM

I think the problem with author is not her female sex, cause I have never heard anyone complaining about Marguerite Yourcenar's Hadrian' s memoired, but the fact that she doesn't know anything about the subject she writes about.

by Anonymousreply 444June 27, 2022 9:13 PM

I think the problem is that some people want this show to be other than what it was set out to be. It's more fantasy, whimsy than some want.

by Anonymousreply 445June 27, 2022 9:18 PM

R444 yeah agreed. I think there are also parts where her asexuality rather than her being a woman are the main issue to be honest. In one of the webcomics there’s a scene where a few months into the relationship they say neither of them is ready to go past kissing yet. That in itself seems hard to believe but then she has one of the characters (forget which) go so far as to say “and if you never want to have sex that’s ok, I only want to if you do!” Of course I didn’t expect her to write a scene where one of them pushes the other to fuck, but that line stood out to me as wildly unrealistic and pretty unfair as a “standard” for teenagers to live up to. Compatible sexuality and being attracted to each other is a big part of standard relationships and it seems like her projecting her lack of sexual urges onto the characters to believe a 16 year old would be ok never having sex because his boyfriend wasn’t about it. It’s annoying because she seems pretty holier than thou about the series being a look at a “realistic healthy loving” relationship but part of that includes, in her telling, willingness to never have sex as just part of being a good boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 446June 27, 2022 9:19 PM

Hell, I gave up on this thread to soon, if not for TikTok I would have missed the boy flashing his sexy pits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447June 27, 2022 9:19 PM

I was ginger about sex in my teens. You can be horny AND reticent to make the leap.

by Anonymousreply 448June 27, 2022 9:20 PM

[Quote] “and if you never want to have sex that’s ok, I only want to if you do!” Of course I didn’t expect her to write a scene where one of them pushes the other to fuck, but that line stood out to me as wildly unrealistic and pretty unfair as a “standard” for teenagers to live up to.

This isn't crazy when you think of what the alternative can be - the expectation of producing explicit nude pics, filming sex etc. The recent suicide of a youth due to catfish sexting and blackmail has really stuck in my head. Technology has changed the landscape of sexual expectation and exploitation.

by Anonymousreply 449June 27, 2022 9:23 PM

What the fuck is aromantic?! Not feeling romantic feelings as asexual is not feeling sexual ones?!

It surely cannot be normal to not feel a single romantic or sexual feeling? What has happened in peoples lives that makes them feel so against love & consensual sex?! I do think sexual feelings are on a spectrum, I have friends with far higher sex drives than me but god, it’s still a fantastic part of my life. Both as a young adult for pure fun and with my partners over the years as fun & love.

R449, bullshit. It is not one or the other. Consensual sex is healthy, it is normal, it is fun, it is loving. The vast, vast majority of people are having that kind of sex. Nothing dark, nothing dangerous. Just a normal, fantastic part of life.

by Anonymousreply 450June 27, 2022 9:26 PM

R447 oh please that picture is gonna give me nightmares. It looks gross rather than sexy.

by Anonymousreply 451June 27, 2022 9:27 PM

[Quote] It is not one or the other.

I never said it was one thing or another. But when a culture is hypersexual, it's not unrealistic that some might swing the other way, if only until they become more comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 452June 27, 2022 9:28 PM

I wouldn't say that the vast majority of gay men are having loving sex. Transactional sex, sure. Drive-Thru/Fast Food sex, sure.

by Anonymousreply 453June 27, 2022 9:29 PM

gross? he has beautiful arms for fuck's sake

by Anonymousreply 454June 27, 2022 9:29 PM

who cares if heartstopper is not realistic? in real life teenegers are dying of fentanyl overdose every single day in america. i'm glad a cute and warm teen show like heartstopper exists.

by Anonymousreply 455June 27, 2022 9:32 PM

It is a sweet, idyllic story. But Charlie is shown turning 15, and has apparently had some significant emotional/mental issues having required hospitalisation, we saw hints of suicidal ideation. So it's I suppose at least plausible that this might hinder his ability to sexualise...

Dramatically speaking however, difficult to imagine 2 full series of episodes including nothing but holding hands and chaste kissing -- and by the time filming begins on season 2 Kit will probably be significantly muscular, which would further increase the dissonance.

by Anonymousreply 456June 27, 2022 9:48 PM

R453, sure. But I think we are seeing a difference in the younger generation. I’m a woman, I’m gay, maybe that slants my view. I volunteer in an LGBTQ youth programme & the teen and young adult men I encounter are for the most part, wanting to find relationships. Wanting monogamy. Many of them talk about wanting kids. Maybe they’ll change their minds as they mature & fall back to a different kinda sex. Maybe I’m only seeing a select group seeking out support. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe I’m not seeing the majority.. all view points considered.

But sex aside, aromantic?! Surely love is part of the human psyche? Romance is a happy thing, something uplifting & joyful in life. A strange thing to feel nothing about, let alone then go on to write a romance novel?!

Soz. Back to Kit now 🙈

by Anonymousreply 457June 27, 2022 10:30 PM

[quote]R45 I get the impression he’s straight but afraid to say that for fear of the backlash that “only gay actors should play gay characters”

I must really be out of the loop. What gay character did Kit-Whatever/Mr.-John-Snow play?

by Anonymousreply 458June 28, 2022 2:25 AM

What str8 actor has faced backlash for playing a gay character?

by Anonymousreply 459June 28, 2022 2:27 AM

OMG - I thought I was in the thread about Kit Harington from Game of Thrones!

Sorry…

by Anonymousreply 460June 28, 2022 2:30 AM

R457 back to butch lesbian. Wow even they look better than this chunk with moobs.

by Anonymousreply 461June 28, 2022 5:35 AM

[Quote] But I think we are seeing a difference in the younger generation.

One change I've noticed is that younger gay couples are much more open about seeking sex on apps - either "play" together or outside of the relationship - than in the past. Gay couples on apps used to only be older men.

by Anonymousreply 462June 28, 2022 5:41 AM

R448 That is because you were a girl. That is exactly what we are talking about, a woman can write about men very succesfully if they know them or have done a research, which is the problem with this author.

If she was a woman who had boyfriends, husbend etc. it would be easier, cause she would know something about male sexuality or as grandma used to say that men are like dogs.

by Anonymousreply 463June 28, 2022 6:38 AM

[Quote] That is because you were a girl.

Do you mean that in a Britney "gays are somewhat girls" way?

by Anonymousreply 464June 28, 2022 6:43 AM

No, I think you were a real girl with pussy.

by Anonymousreply 465June 28, 2022 6:44 AM

Think again.

by Anonymousreply 466June 28, 2022 6:45 AM

Even if you are some effeminate guy, you were chaste as youth (as the majority of us) because you had no one. Here is the story about two guys being together in relationship, kissing etc, which would normally lead to desire to do more, if you are not repulsed by your boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 467June 28, 2022 6:54 AM

Repelled, not repulsed.

by Anonymousreply 468June 28, 2022 6:59 AM

[Quote] Even if you are some effeminate guy

Weird assumption.

by Anonymousreply 469June 28, 2022 7:00 AM

I had someone (pre-pandemic) say to me towards the end of a date that they would sleep with me if I didn't like them, but if I liked them, they wanted to wait. I thought that was sad and pretty telling about how many gay men pursue sex and/or relationships.

by Anonymousreply 470June 28, 2022 7:01 AM

More people on Twitter are finally figuring out he and Sof are together.. It really the lies and hiding that turned me off..

by Anonymousreply 471June 28, 2022 3:21 PM

Are they really hiding when she is inches away from him as they both enter a venue where he signs autographs at the entrance?

by Anonymousreply 472June 28, 2022 3:23 PM

They aren't hiding anything. They said they were best friends. Probably not true, but they aren't hiding their relationship. Just the actual nature of it.

by Anonymousreply 473June 28, 2022 3:29 PM

They are dissembling, though. That seems to be Kit's MO as a freshly minted adult. I think it's a poor course of action.

by Anonymousreply 474June 28, 2022 3:32 PM

I don't think they'll ever admit it. In a couple years when they are no longer "besties" you'll know they broke up. I actually don't have much problem with an 18 year old not admitting to a public relationship.

by Anonymousreply 475June 28, 2022 3:47 PM

Kit needs at least a 3 month break from social media, photoshoots and all these events. The whole exposure is getting tiresome. The promo for season 2 next year will be probably be even more massive, he needs a break.

by Anonymousreply 476June 28, 2022 3:47 PM

R476 he mentioned at some point he was planning to head out to LA over the summer. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s going out to audition for things or meet with studios before S2 starts filming, but while it sounds like a work trip it’ll also give him time off of the media cycle.

by Anonymousreply 477June 28, 2022 3:54 PM

Not admitting is different to claiming to not be dating. Lying can come back and bite you in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 478June 28, 2022 4:02 PM

[Quote] Kit needs at least a 3 month break from social media, photoshoots and all these events. The whole exposure is getting tiresome. The promo for season 2 next year will be probably be even more massive, he needs a break.

The "poor Star" narrative is tiresome. Dial down the fangurl.

by Anonymousreply 479June 28, 2022 4:02 PM

I'm not really thinking about him, I'm thinking about the public that eventually gets tired of someone this overexposed. And its a weird nice feeling for fans to start missing their fave, it makes their upcoming appearance more exiciting.

by Anonymousreply 480June 28, 2022 4:13 PM

MEOW!

by Anonymousreply 481June 28, 2022 4:13 PM

Not sure he's all that overexposed. It's not like anyone in the cast is getting mainstream magazine covers, interviews or talk shows. I'd guess 95% of the public has no idea who any of them even are.

by Anonymousreply 482June 28, 2022 4:42 PM

R482 he may get bit roles in the US. I don't know about much more. Many Game of Thrones stars came to Hollywood and how many made it?? And that show was wayyy bigger.. Heartstopper is a niche LGBTQ show and other then his small role in Rocketman he's not really bankable. The show never even cracked the top 10 in the US.

by Anonymousreply 483June 28, 2022 5:44 PM

So what's Kit and his girlfriend up to these days, are they still in Paris?

by Anonymousreply 484June 29, 2022 8:53 AM

Read this article where Kit discusses his time at Fashion Week. Not going to lie, he comes off arrogant in this and I never previously had any issues with him. I understand he was asked about Jonathan Anderson who is the head designer for Loewe being gay, but this answer is absurd.

"When asked about supporting queer designers such as Anderson, Connor reveals that it's “a message that he wants to continue with” and that he will always try to “support the community as best he can.”"

It's a high end designer brand that flew him out to attend their show. How exactly does he think he is being such an incredible ally for taking up the invitation to bring his girlfriend to a luxury show and a 5-star hotel in Paris?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485June 29, 2022 1:36 PM

How do you get arrogant from that article?

by Anonymousreply 486June 29, 2022 1:44 PM

R436 I'd guess the person thinks Kit feels he's doing Jonathan Anderson a huge favor by blessing him with his presence. I don't really see it like that exactly. He's straight, young and awkward and doesn't know how to answer these type of questions. At least he seems to be moving into being an "ally".

Not exactly sure why Loewe is going for Kit over Joe though. Not that I mind since Loewe is awful. Though people really do love them some straight men who play gay more than actual gay men.

by Anonymousreply 487June 29, 2022 1:50 PM

^to R486 since apparently I can't type

by Anonymousreply 488June 29, 2022 1:51 PM

R486 Perhaps I came off harsher than I should have. As I said, he never previously rubbed me the wrong way and to be fair, maybe I'm biased from working in PR. Generally the point of these "get ready with" articles is technically to talk to the actor or model or whoever but with the understanding that a lot of the piece is also to hype up the designer and the show. His sentence about the sense of fashion he has and how “It was a look that fed into my own classic taste, but had a subtle edge" was a good quote, but he should have talked up the collection more, discussed how Loewe is subversive in some way, et cetera. Spending so much of the article talking about himself without tying it back to the designer and saying how by attending the Loewe show he was supporting the LGBTQ community was not a good choice.

I don't think he's necessarily actually an arrogant person, because he is 18 years old and new to this. It's on his PR team to train him on the different types of press piece and how this isn't the same as a standard interview, but it's not ideal for him and I doubt Loewe was thrilled by it. They paid for him and his plus 1 to fly out, stay in a 5 star hotel, chose his (to be fair, quite ugly) outfit, and all the other costs. That's just part of throwing a designer show, but they do expect you to hype it up in return and this piece wasn't a great way of doing it. There might be another interview or a chat with Loewe where he is more effusive, in which case a lot of this is less important, but if this is his one interview about the show then his team needs to help him out more in the future.

by Anonymousreply 489June 29, 2022 1:54 PM

Well, bringing Sof to Paris as his +1, and now this article about "supporting the community" seems to indicate he's inching closer and closer out of the straight closet and declaring himself an ally. At least we can do away with the sexuality speculation and the "no labels" BS.

by Anonymousreply 490June 29, 2022 2:28 PM

He's 18 so I wouldn't mind if he doesn't know his sexuality and is still figuring things out, but his whole I'm very secure in who I am, but I won't actually tell you thing is what is annoying. He only mentioned it because he got pissy people weren't universally praising him on the internets too.

by Anonymousreply 491June 29, 2022 3:02 PM

I have to admit it's kinda nice to be able to discuss his "straightness" without being attacked for it. Personally I just wish he had been honest with it from the beginning. I can't imagine being that poor girl and having to play off the BFF card. It must be really frustrating not to have your man claim you and play games with his fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 492June 29, 2022 3:04 PM

I don't thin it was Kit's decision to say he was straight from the get go. I believe that had to do more with the HS folks and possibly his team.

by Anonymousreply 493June 29, 2022 3:17 PM

r493 Actually I'm sure responding to that dumb tweet was all his idea and now it'll be a thing. Nobody cared or asked before I don't think. Nobody asks other cast members their sexuality. The cast were randomly responding to rude comments for awhile, though they seem to mostly have stopped that. Don't name search yourself on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 494June 29, 2022 3:26 PM

Sof made that first tiktok on the weekend Heartstopper was released saying Kit was her best friend. It's weird that they already had planned to lie and hide their relationship this early. If it wasn't for that first tiktok, no one would know the existence of Sof.

by Anonymousreply 495June 29, 2022 3:34 PM

R495 agreed, it seems like the weirdest compromise in the world to say the world can know about you but only as a platonic friend.” To be fair it’s a big ask to say to most people, let alone a teenage girl, “I know we’ve been together for over a year but I’m going to pretend you don’t exist, bring you to no premiers or events, and deny you’re my girlfriend” but it’s odd that the compromise was to lie about the nature of their relationship rather than to just not answer questions about it.

by Anonymousreply 496June 29, 2022 3:38 PM

R495 it could also be because.. idk she might be actually his best friend?

CHARMIES CAME TO DIE HERE.

by Anonymousreply 497June 29, 2022 3:45 PM

R497 Take that shit back to Twitter. We are a Lil more evolved here. We as a group see through the ruse.

by Anonymousreply 498June 29, 2022 4:12 PM

While it was only on Tiktok I was of the idea she could actually be only a friend of his. But then, finding the comment of that friend saying stuff like “she’s been with him” and then her being in Paris with him seems more pointing into the other option, and her claiming to be only her bff and joking about him dating her brother just fueled the speculation. Imho it looks quite childish, but they’re 18, maybe they’re allowed to be a bit childish. I don’t think they want to hide, because they would have never posted TikToks and she wouldn’t have gone to Paris. Yes, it wouldn’t have been cool for her, but that’s what public people do when they don’t want to go public with their partners at all. They don’t bring them to events (or they bring them as entourage) and don’t post on social media giving content to fans to speculate on. About the sexuality issue, maybe he could be in the bi spectrum and be with her, it’s possible, but it’s quite clear he won’t make such a statement (or the opposite, that’s he’s just a straight ally) at least for now

by Anonymousreply 499June 29, 2022 6:28 PM

I think sof became involved because Kit was told to have a TikTok presence but the's so self-serious that he'd only do it if he could do as little as possible. Sof bridged the gap. (I doubt she needed much convincing.)

by Anonymousreply 500June 29, 2022 6:37 PM

*but he's so

by Anonymousreply 501June 29, 2022 6:38 PM

Imho they wanted to share “something” but not that much, and they just fueled the speculation, both on Kit sexuality and the nature of their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 502June 29, 2022 7:00 PM

They're playing Cat and Mouse by having sof write that they're not dating and also Kit deleting the denial that he and sof's brother were dating.

by Anonymousreply 503June 29, 2022 7:10 PM

About the denial about her brother: when was that written? Why should anyone ask him if he was dating a friend of his that he posted in a totally “neutral” pic? Had the rumours about him and Sof already started?

by Anonymousreply 504June 29, 2022 7:14 PM

Some valid criticism of the show and fans in the comments are ANGRY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 29, 2022 7:55 PM

"two white men" lol. England is a white country.

by Anonymousreply 506June 29, 2022 8:11 PM

So the kissing scenes between Nick and Charlie are like family members giving each other a peck?

by Anonymousreply 507June 29, 2022 8:23 PM

[quote] They're playing Cat and Mouse by having sof write that they're not dating and also Kit deleting the denial that he and sof's brother were dating.

Yes they’re running their whole life to mindfuck with people obsessed over his sexuality

by Anonymousreply 508June 29, 2022 8:28 PM

Ooh, the "Noting To See Here" Brigade has arrived at r508.

by Anonymousreply 509June 29, 2022 8:32 PM

R506 How National Front of you.

by Anonymousreply 510June 29, 2022 8:32 PM

I still think the reason Kit deleted the comment denying he and Sof's brother are dating is because he was afraid of sounding homophobic. The boy is quite calculating. I love him btw, im not trashing him.

by Anonymousreply 511June 29, 2022 8:34 PM

Why do you love him?

by Anonymousreply 512June 29, 2022 8:35 PM

Ooh the “ I’ve lost my grip on reality” brigade has arrived at R509

by Anonymousreply 513June 29, 2022 8:37 PM

Because I absolutely loved him as Nick.

by Anonymousreply 514June 29, 2022 8:37 PM

Lame attempt at deflection, r513.

by Anonymousreply 515June 29, 2022 8:37 PM

Honestly even if he isn’t dating her it probably wasn’t the best move to actively deny it. Now if he doesn’t actively say “no we are just friends” regarding any future person he’s suspected of dating there’ll be a wider conclusion that they’re actually together because “when it was Sof he denied it!” But he’s 18 and probably wanted to diffuse the immediate intense curiosity about his life, I get he likely was not thinking longer term.

by Anonymousreply 516June 29, 2022 8:38 PM

Exactly. Someone should have had a word with about the value of not addressing shit.

by Anonymousreply 517June 29, 2022 8:39 PM

*with him about

by Anonymousreply 518June 29, 2022 8:39 PM

Other thing that makes me think Kit is 100% straight is the fact that he put pronouns in his insta bio way after Locke, Yasmin Finney and other members of the cast did. If i'm not mistaken he only did it a few months before the show was released.

by Anonymousreply 519June 29, 2022 8:39 PM

Kit's favorite show is Normal People which is straight people porn. He looked clueless when Joe was talking about It's a Sin.

by Anonymousreply 520June 29, 2022 8:43 PM

You’re right R515, I’m so threatened right now

by Anonymousreply 521June 29, 2022 8:44 PM

[Quote] I’m so threatened right now

You're like Kit before a kissing scene!

by Anonymousreply 522June 29, 2022 8:52 PM

I love it when a bunch of morons on here try and come up with clues of why they think a total stranger may be straight.

by Anonymousreply 523June 29, 2022 8:57 PM

People can speculate about homosexuality but not heterosexuality? So much for equality...

by Anonymousreply 524June 29, 2022 9:00 PM

I have to cut the kid some slack. He turned 18 a few months ago and has suddenly gone from complete obscurity to having 5 million followers watching and speculating about his every fucking move. How many adults, much less shy teenagers, could handle that without a stumble?

by Anonymousreply 525June 29, 2022 9:03 PM

He has a team. He's an actor of ten year's standing. He wasn't plucked from the water fountain.

He hasn't made any huge mistakes yet. But he should strategize with a publicist. Messaging is important.

by Anonymousreply 526June 29, 2022 9:14 PM

R526 I agree. Sadly, kids are such slaves to social media and oversharing it seems they do not know how to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 527June 29, 2022 9:17 PM

[Quote] Sadly, kids are such slaves to social media and oversharing it seems they do not know how to shut up.

And yet, Bash seems to be a whizz at all this.

by Anonymousreply 528June 29, 2022 9:19 PM

Kit seems OK. He has the right to keep his private live private. But he should stop milking that “ speculating his sexuality”. Nobody cared about it before , and only came out in his defence when it was actually tweeted. But he seems to go all out and put that thing in every interview he had so far. Does he WANT people to speculate his sexuality by reminding us not to speculate about his sexuality in every DAMN INTERVIEW.

by Anonymousreply 529June 29, 2022 9:23 PM

R526 Is “plucked from the water fountain” the British equivalent of “discovered at the soda counter at Schwabs?”

by Anonymousreply 530June 29, 2022 9:36 PM

R528 Bash is imo uncommonly charismatic and good at press; even his interviews from when he was younger all showcase that. It’s genuinely quite impressive.

All of them are teenagers or close to it and part of that is an inflated sense of self importance and overdramatization of their lives. None of the cast including Kit has done anything that makes me think they’re total assholes. I totally agree with r529 though about stopping the sexuality talk - at a certain point even being a teenager doesn’t mean not employing common sense. He discussed his sexuality yet again in his most recent interview, and this time said that his tweet (which was just “Twitter is so funny man. Apparently some people on here know my sexuality better than I do…”) “highlighted the risks of outing someone”. Looking to see if an actor, especially one who plays an LGBTQ character, is part of the community is not outing them, Kit - and tweeting a passive aggressive sentence about your Twitter search results isn’t raising awareness for how horrible outing is. I think he likely means well and believes what he’s saying but his PR needs to help him out and just axe that question from future interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531June 29, 2022 9:40 PM

Yeah, I don't like how he's talking out of both sides of his mouth with "I'm comfortable and confident in my sexuality" while invoking "people may not be comfortable to be disclose." The latter point is unneccesary if the first claim is true and it comes across as manipulative. Compare that messaging to Bash's recent blurb on the t-shirt he designed. There's no finger wagging or chiding tone in Bash's communication.

by Anonymousreply 532June 29, 2022 9:45 PM

R531 He's honestly pretty obnoxious about this. Not a bad guy, but seriously it's annoying this guy gets more attention than the actual gay MC of the show.

by Anonymousreply 533June 29, 2022 9:46 PM

R533 what to do? straight girlies taste in men is absolute garbage.

by Anonymousreply 534June 29, 2022 10:35 PM

Can both Kit and his sexuality fuck off, please!?

by Anonymousreply 535June 30, 2022 3:20 AM

Pack up your troubles in an ole Kit bag.

by Anonymousreply 536June 30, 2022 3:40 AM

R441 that's actually very sad. I wish you good luck in your life.

by Anonymousreply 537June 30, 2022 1:49 PM

[quote] that's actually very sad. I wish you good luck in your life

Why?

by Anonymousreply 538June 30, 2022 3:24 PM

Who knew his full name was Kit O’ connor. Or did they mess up the promotional pic ???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539June 30, 2022 4:19 PM

R539 it was a mistake, they've updated it already!

by Anonymousreply 540June 30, 2022 4:27 PM

Is his full first name actually Kit? Or short for Christopher or Christian (like Kit Harrington)

by Anonymousreply 541June 30, 2022 5:55 PM

R541 Apparently it's just Kit Sebastian Connor. He's not as posh as Christopher Catesby Harington I guess.

by Anonymousreply 542June 30, 2022 6:09 PM

Showed up to a book signing in London with a bunch of the others. It’s just Joe’s bad posture but it looks like Kit is crushing him in the pic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543June 30, 2022 6:21 PM

Joe and Kit look so cute together, maybe because of the size difference, Kit's actually being nice to Joe for once, and Joe looks like he's blushing. Too bad they just friends.

by Anonymousreply 544June 30, 2022 6:41 PM

[quote] and Joe looks like he's blushing.

Reaching much!? He's there with his boyfriend. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 545June 30, 2022 7:01 PM

Kit looks so short

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 30, 2022 7:05 PM

I knew the Kit and Joe truther would be happy

by Anonymousreply 547June 30, 2022 7:14 PM

R547 just like them together, I know they're just friends, you happy? Or you wanna suck my dick

by Anonymousreply 548June 30, 2022 7:21 PM

Joe looks like he’s blushing, FFS. How old are you?! Get your head out of the HS books & into the real world where 18 year old boys fuck, not blush.

by Anonymousreply 549June 30, 2022 7:46 PM

R549 lol, it’s more a look of get the hell off me than I love you Kit. I’m secretly in love with you 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550June 30, 2022 7:49 PM

Gogglebox (the programme from R539) is normally filmed in someone's actual house. Do we reckon it was a set, or it was Kit or Will's, as the native Londoners? Or did Bash kindly provide a room in what's become Joe's London home? I presume we can rule out Yaz as I doubt they went to Manchester for it.

by Anonymousreply 551June 30, 2022 10:19 PM

The regular, non celebs film at home. Some of the celebs film at home but some are filmed on a set. Nick Grimshaw & one of the other regular celebs that I forget both mentioned that they film on a set, not at their houses.

I suspect given it’s 4 of them & least half of them don’t have their own houses or flats yet, they filmed on set too probably.

by Anonymousreply 552June 30, 2022 10:29 PM

R550 why the fuck does it even bother you? They can't fucking stand seeing kit lay a hand on Joe, they don't want anyone ruining the Wattpad love story they've been hanging on to for a year. Kit and Joe have great onscreen chemistry and they look cute together it's a fact. Calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 553July 1, 2022 5:26 AM

[Quote] Calm the fuck down.

Physician, heal thyself.

by Anonymousreply 554July 1, 2022 5:41 AM

R553 they do have great onscreen chemistry, I completely agree. But they have zero off screen & Bash and Joe are absolutely together. I can’t believe anyone would think otherwise.

What’s Wattpad?

by Anonymousreply 555July 1, 2022 6:47 AM

Joe has a much more easy chemistry with, say, Tobie. (Obviously Joe and Bash have chemistry...)

by Anonymousreply 556July 1, 2022 6:49 AM

There was no room to move. Kit didn't know what to do with his "rugby arms" so he though why don't i manhandle Joe.

by Anonymousreply 557July 1, 2022 7:43 AM

And Joe thought 'Why don't I keep my hands exactly where they are...'

by Anonymousreply 558July 1, 2022 7:44 AM

Joe, kit, will and Yaz on gogglebox tonight - here’s the promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559July 1, 2022 11:09 AM

You just know those two light their farts on fire together.

by Anonymousreply 560July 1, 2022 11:13 AM

R544 has no chill

by Anonymousreply 561July 1, 2022 11:32 AM

I must be a unicorn. I never watch shows/movies and then hope the actors are fucking in real life.

by Anonymousreply 562July 1, 2022 11:56 AM

Not just you R562. I genuinely find it baffling. I’m all for obsessing over characters in books & films. I’m all for enjoying real life couples. I get enjoying actors on a loved show being mates. But I do not get this desire for two actors who play a couple on a show to be hooking up in real life. Why are people so obsessed with it?!

by Anonymousreply 563July 1, 2022 12:29 PM

R562 Watch The Americans, you can practically see Keri and Mathew fall in love with each other despite their characters many times being with odds at each other. I’m sure their partners/spouses saw it and said those two are fucking.

by Anonymousreply 564July 1, 2022 12:40 PM

Is Will Gao officially out? He attendeda a celebrity Pride event yesterday with Yaz and Attitude Magazine included him in their lists of queer stars in attendance.

I'm posting here because we don't have a heartstopper thread anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565July 1, 2022 1:57 PM

R565 I don’t think he’s ever disclosed his sexuality publicly. I remember when he did an interview with the Permanent Rain Press I believe it was delayed by a day or two from the originally announced date, and it ended up only being about 20 min instead of the ~45 the other cast members did. Someone speculated in an earlier thread that he might have discussed his sexuality in it and then felt uncomfortable or his team wanted to pull it. Obviously that’s all speculation but less than half the length of the other interviews plus it being a bit delayed means there was something they needed to edit out. If he is gay or queer and comfortable being out but just doesn’t want to make an announcement then good for him

by Anonymousreply 566July 1, 2022 2:10 PM

"If he is gay or queer and comfortable being out but just doesn’t want to make an announcement then good for him" can he advise his "my sexuality is private and let me tell you how private it for the billionth time" buddy to do the same?

by Anonymousreply 567July 1, 2022 2:20 PM

If attitude magazine is including him in their list of "queer stars," isn't that sort of a public acknowledgement of his sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 568July 1, 2022 2:36 PM

You’d think so & I’m inclined to think Attitude would be a fairly accurate in their representation. But I fear sometimes being in a queer show gets you lumped into queer representation quite frequently these days.

by Anonymousreply 569July 1, 2022 2:49 PM

I wonder who from the cast will show up to Pride tomorrow. Bash, Kit, and Will all live in London, and obviously Tobie and Joe are there right now as well (alongside honourary cast member Connor Jessup). Obviously if they do actually have a float or something then I expect more of them will come but if not and it's just a regular pride celebration, will Kit give it a miss?

by Anonymousreply 570July 1, 2022 3:59 PM

I think Kit will be there. He & his team are not daft. I think we’ll see most of the HS crowd, pride is a massive event, queer or not. I’m on my way down for it as we speak 🙌🏼 Kit just need to post a photo with a pride flag & the Kit obsessives will be delighted.

by Anonymousreply 571July 1, 2022 4:12 PM

Kit will go if everyone else does. Why would he skip it.

by Anonymousreply 572July 1, 2022 4:27 PM

R572 if the entire group goes obviously I don’t think he’ll miss. But if it’s just a few of them - say, Tobie bash and Joe - then I’m unsure. Tend to agree with r571 that he’ll probably stop by at the very least though.

by Anonymousreply 573July 1, 2022 4:43 PM

Something tells me Cormac won't be there.

by Anonymousreply 574July 1, 2022 6:52 PM

There was absolutely no reason for kit to wear t shirt with wills pic on it, such a try hard , btches can anything to keep their dumb fans entertained

by Anonymousreply 575July 1, 2022 8:49 PM

Kit saw that Joe and Bash are getting attention for being very good friends, so he wanted a piece of the action.

by Anonymousreply 576July 1, 2022 8:51 PM

It gave you something to do R575

by Anonymousreply 577July 1, 2022 8:59 PM

Also because the fandom is going to become less and less active, their followers count will begin to take a halt until the next season shoot begins I guess, hope try hards like kit get cast in other movies so we don't have to witness desparate attempts to get fans talk about him and his love for will. It's cringey, at least Joe and bash are in a relationship, them being together all the time and not revealing too much of their lives makes sense, what the fuck is this bag of flour trying to achieve?

by Anonymousreply 578July 1, 2022 9:00 PM

You are a complete moron. If you dislike the actor Kit so much why the heck are you wasting your precious time moaning about him and writing about him? You sound like a waste of space yourself and a bitter individual. Yes, we get you love Joe and Bash but dial down your hate for someone you don't know and chill out because it's weird....

Bag of flour? Think you are talking about your self there.

by Anonymousreply 579July 1, 2022 9:31 PM

A bunch of nutters on here hating on someone they have never met is another level weird.

by Anonymousreply 580July 1, 2022 9:34 PM

R580 And an innocuous 18 year old, at that.

by Anonymousreply 581July 1, 2022 9:37 PM

R579 I'm actually the poster that loves kit n Joe as friends, I think their offscreen chemistry is really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 582July 1, 2022 9:39 PM

Not really R580, have you used this site before?! It’s literally people hating on people they’ve never met 😂 like, that’s literally it’s design. Come here to bitch & moan about life, celebs, politicians.

by Anonymousreply 583July 1, 2022 9:42 PM

[Quote] this bag of flour

You BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 584July 1, 2022 9:45 PM

[quote] have you used this site before?! It’s literally people hating on people they’ve never met

Unless it’s golden boys Croft and Locke in your case

by Anonymousreply 585July 1, 2022 10:10 PM

It's bonkers that a bunch of weirdos on here can pour all their hate on someone they have never met. It doesn't matter if you are new on here or not it is still weird.

You have never met the actor but you can still waste your time to come on here to shit on him for what reason? To make your ugly self feel better. He'll still be Kit and you'll still be you so get over it.

by Anonymousreply 586July 1, 2022 11:42 PM

Congratulations, r586. You've just typed some pointless bitchery.

by Anonymousreply 587July 1, 2022 11:53 PM

R586 Literally the point of DL..if you don't like it go to Twitter..they fangirling over there..

by Anonymousreply 588July 1, 2022 11:56 PM

R586 only comes here to judge

by Anonymousreply 589July 2, 2022 12:17 AM

Watch for Kit's "Chain Reaction."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590July 2, 2022 1:31 AM

R590 he was certainly impressed with himself

by Anonymousreply 591July 2, 2022 1:52 AM

Has Will's skin improved or is he just wearing better foundation?

by Anonymousreply 592July 2, 2022 1:53 AM

R492 🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡🤡

by Anonymousreply 593July 2, 2022 1:55 AM

The clipshow makes more sense than the one above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594July 2, 2022 4:46 AM

New Kit Connor thread for when this one hits 600

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595July 2, 2022 5:29 AM

Kit apparently got scared by all those who were waiting outside his hotel and feared that they might go upto his room. For God’s sake, he was staying at a five star hotel( with a security )that many of the people waiting outside couldn’t even afford in their lifetime, yet they waited for him patiently outside.

by Anonymousreply 596July 2, 2022 10:05 AM

Doesn't Britney Spears have Home Security....?

by Anonymousreply 597July 2, 2022 10:06 AM

You’ve been posting here for weeks R586, is it safe to say you’re enjoying it?

I’m looking forward to your observations in the next thread

Until then x

by Anonymousreply 598July 2, 2022 10:10 AM

Euphoria!

by Anonymousreply 599July 2, 2022 10:14 AM

Sex Education!

by Anonymousreply 600July 2, 2022 10:14 AM

Normal People!

by Anonymousreply 601July 2, 2022 10:15 AM

Notting Hill!

by Anonymousreply 602July 2, 2022 10:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!