Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I LOVE THAT FOR YOU on Showtime

Am I the only one watching this weirdly fascinating show? I started watching just for Jenifer Lewis and Molly Shannon but now I’m hooked.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2023 6:51 PM

very funny show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2022 2:54 AM

I love it, too, OP. And I would watch Molly Shannon in anything!

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2022 2:54 AM

I tuned in for Molly and Jennifer Lewis but I’ve grown to really love the whole cast.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2022 3:02 AM

'Just Sell Us The Pencil'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2022 3:09 AM

Yes! Love it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2022 3:19 AM

Whole cast is great but Jenifer Lewis has had some amazing moments and should be remembered when awards season rolls around.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2022 3:28 AM

Just watched the first episode, and enjoyed it! Molly Shannon and Jenifer Lewis are always a treat.

The actress playing the main character’s mother looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn’t place her — I was stunned to learn it was Bess Armstrong!

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2022 12:09 PM

Another fan. A clever little show that works. Well defined characters.

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2022 12:12 PM

What a great finale. I hope it comes back but if it doesn’t, everything was wrapped up nicely. And, if it does, there are two great new storylines they can pursue. My favorite new show.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2022 4:42 AM

R7 I didn't recognize Bess Armstrong when I watched the pilot.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2022 4:45 AM

I love this show!

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2022 5:35 AM

Interesting to learn that Cybill Shepherd was originally cast in the Jenifer Lewis role. I like Cybill Shepherd, but I’m now sure she could have brought the power Jenifer Lewis did, especially in some of the confrontation scenes. Wonder what happened there.

Really liked the show, interesting characters and some real surprises!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2022 12:04 PM

I'm trying but there's just TOO MUCH on. I never thought I'd say that but every time I sit down to watch something, I'm literally overwhelmed. I saw the first episode and enjoyed it tho.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2022 1:39 PM

The Ryan Philippe cameo was pure gold.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2022 2:35 AM

I liked it more than Hacks. Weird because showtime usually has the inferior product. Molly Shannon is the best part of the show of course.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 11:06 AM

It sure felt final but I loved this little show. Cannot imagine Cybill in the Patricia part.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2022 12:54 PM

Cancelled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2023 12:22 PM

Loved the show! Hoping the producers will be able to sell to another streamer.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2023 6:22 PM

Oh no! Loved it

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2023 6:35 PM

r17 Love the juxtaposition of the two gummy stars and then the third one with her mouth closed. Maybe that's what did the show in. I know I couldn't finish the pilot because there was just too much gum coming at me at once.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2023 6:46 PM

It was such a good show. I do hope they bring it back on some other streaming platform. It's way better than The Other Two, imo.

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2023 6:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!