Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The “Elder Gays” troll

ENOUGH. Seriously, this troll is out of control with these threads. Please make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 6:04 PM

Don't be so sensitive, it a long-running joke

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2022 9:03 AM

It's the same person who posts the "person's looks" threads, right? It sure seems like it, at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2022 9:05 AM

You may not like the presentation, but they tend to be good threads.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2022 9:35 AM

^ But threads like Stephen Fry don't really belong to elder gay talks, he is a bit "young" (64) and not an ancient or distant memory that only elder gays would remember vividly.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2022 12:07 PM

There's a person on here who's obsessed with Greg, another with Lucy, and Kate, maybe more than one with the Golden Girls - would they qualify as trolls? They are harmless, if boring in their single mindedness. They are all Eldergays i assume.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 3:58 PM

I love the Eldergays threads.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 3:59 PM

I think Muriel starts them.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 4:02 PM

We will all be ElderGays one day, which is an entertaining prospect.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 4:06 PM

They don't bother me but we do have one particular "Gramps" troll who exists solely to tell elders to go die. He seems angry and disturbed. I finally put it on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 4:06 PM

And then there's this asshole who calls himself "YourMillennialFriend." Nearly every time he posts, it's to mock eldergays. He's no friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 4:09 PM

I am very proud of my Elder status.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 4:10 PM

YourMillennialCunt has started most of the recent ElderGay threads with the intent of mocking older gay men.

He is one of the most hateful posters here.

He's also stopped signing his authenticated signature.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 4:13 PM

Two of the recent YourMillennialTrash-as-OP threads are:

Do you still have a land line?

Eldergays: Tell Us About Cash

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 4:14 PM

Personally, I think they are funny as in "Elder gays, tell me about the Cretaceous Era" and I guess I'm elder at 58. Yikes, the years go by FAST.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 4:15 PM

I just wish I could see it in person, so I could witness an Elder Gay slap that tramp.

Older people have the meanest insults.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 4:17 PM

r14 r15

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 4:19 PM

I've never met nor seen a pic of YMF, but the person whose face comes to mind when I think of him is a Log Cabin Republican I knew around the time YMF was born. He had very long hair, like a woman, and did not look one bit Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 4:21 PM

I sometimes picture the eldergays defending themselves and defending the memory of those of their generation who died of AIDS, and I picture them as the rabbi from Angels in America who reminds the 20th-century Jews of their ancestors' struggle for freedom.

[quote]You can never make that crossing that they made for such great voyages in this world do not anymore exist but, every day of your lives, the miles, that voyage, from that place to this one, you cross. Every day! In you, that journey - is.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!