Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

why do we hate/make fun of Greg?

He published his elaborate menus and he relentlessly replied to every post, all seem harmless, so why the "hate"?

by Anonymousreply 339June 27, 2022 2:44 PM

I love Greg. So put that in your pipe! And no I am not Greg.

He has kindly & generously helped when I have asked. I have to cook lowfat/ low salt for my husbear who has heart problems. Any idea how boring that food can be? Greg has jumped in with loads of help. So all you bitter old farts can go get stuffed with forcemeat. And you can be a bitter old fart at any age.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2022 1:14 PM

if you don't know who Greg is, check one of his recent posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2022 1:16 PM

Link to one of Anti-Greg posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2022 1:19 PM

let's make fun of Greg thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2022 1:20 PM

OP is Defatso aka German gay guy aka Greg aka foot face from Shittsburgh still trying to make the greg personality happen.

What an empty life this foul creature must have

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2022 1:22 PM

R5 = Greg hater!

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2022 1:23 PM

I thought he was dead

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2022 1:28 PM

I love Greg. He's done nothing but post menus I wish I'd gotten to eat, and he helps people. After Bronzie, he's my favorite food poster. The people who pick on him are just bullies. I wish Greg would go for the orange name option, so as to distinguish himself from the faux Gregs, but he doesn't want to.

I've made Chicken Marbella in the past, so I know how good a chicken dish with prunes can taste. The nincompoops who pick on him for this have probably never done anything more complicated in the kitchen than overcook a plain, boneless skinless chicken breast.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2022 1:36 PM

Posters like r5 ruin the internet for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2022 1:38 PM

Greg is all of us.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2022 1:38 PM

R5 Stuck in the persona from that ancient tome..Boy in the Band. There's fun snark, & then there's that rancid insulting stereotype of the jealous nasty gay man. Why oh why descend into that vile space?. You make yourself so pathetic, so unloveable.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2022 1:46 PM

Imagine the howling void your life must be to put all this effort into a message board.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2022 1:52 PM

I hate the cult of people who like Greg. He isn't even trying anymore. I like my high-class rich satire to have SOME sustenance!

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2022 1:55 PM

OP? You forgot the option of “Greg should die in a grease fire of his own making and be stuffed with figs.”

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2022 1:58 PM

I hate Greg because he never fucks me and I always have to drive.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2022 2:00 PM

[quote]I hate the cult of people who like Greg.

This is it for me. I'm neutral on Greg but I loathe these cults of personality that form around people like him, Josh and Kirker on DL.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2022 2:05 PM

Can't we all just meet up at Greg's place and make nice over cheesecake? (prunes optional)

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2022 2:06 PM

I don't like all his prune pushing to all the eldergays on here, he's taking advantage of their pre-dementia state.

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2022 2:11 PM

Replying relentlessly to every post is your answer plus the godawful cod with prunes.

However, OP, you start one of these every few weeks so I'm guessing you're a Greg alter ego because you are certainly trying to make that troll happen same as you did with GGG.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2022 3:03 PM

We think Greg is splendid.

by Anonymousreply 20June 10, 2022 7:24 PM

I kinda like Greg.

by Anonymousreply 21June 10, 2022 9:51 PM

He has no culinary talent and he reacts like a cunt when anyone questions anything. Sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 22June 10, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote]...to have SOME sustenance!

R13 yes, have some prunes!

by Anonymousreply 23June 10, 2022 9:54 PM

Greg reminds me of the Escoffier cookbook.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2022 4:08 AM

[quote]OP is Defatso aka German gay guy aka Greg aka foot face from Shittsburgh

Defacto and GGG are Davida. Greg could be too, for all I know, but I haven't been paying attention to him. At least one of Defacto's red tag accounts was posting George Clooney conspiracies, outing Defacto as being Davida. I don't know why you're so invested in making us think Defacto isn't Davida, but it's starting to get old.

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2022 4:15 AM

^ who is Davida?

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2022 4:49 AM

[quote]I thought he was dead

No, he's not dead. But his wife recently posted that he'd had an unfortunate incident where he fell on a large dildo that got lodged up his ass.

She had to call the EMTs, and apparently the entire trailer park witnessed this incident.

Greg did take himself way too seriously - but I kind of feel bad for the guy.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2022 5:30 AM

R2 That poster in that thread who commented the Jack Nicholson line from Five Easy Pieces just made me burst out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2022 5:33 AM

OP is Greg. Amirite, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2022 8:39 AM

I lowkey love Greg. I’ve laughed out loud at the prunes and cod jokes and, though I don’t eat fish, upon actually *reading* the recipe, I realised that the prunes were cooked down so that they didn’t actually resemble prunes - they just would have added a sweet/sour taste, I suppose.

So, yes, Greg is fussy and can come across as humourless, but I honestly like his threads. I usually end up learning something new.

For example, I now have a tin, covered bucket I soak cleaning cloths in with oxyclean (and put them theough the wash once a week).

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2022 8:48 AM

He seems like merely a persona, ie a created character, a phoney. With most other named posters here a sense of a real person comes through. Irritable or irritating (eg Posoined Dragon), vulnerable for a second, something real shines though at least occasionally. I cannot believe Greg or GGG are anything but characters badly presented by someone. Greg will no doubt respond. I will ignore it if I haven't already put it on block. Not a person, an it.

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2022 8:56 AM

He is a persona, most definitely. Theoretically, I don't mind personas on here. They used to be an integral part of the forum, back when personas were often called "trolls," even though they were not trolls at all, in the classic sense. Nowadays, personas are used to do real trolling, and I don't care for it.

The tip Greg gave about soaking cleaning cloths came from another cleaning thread we had just had. Someone suggested soaking dish rags and kitchen towels in Oxi and Borax in hot water in the washing machine for an hour, before adding detergent and washing as normal. I know because I tried it, and it worked. Like he does with his recipes, he took someone else's idea, changed a little bit of it, and passed it off as his own.

The one thing I do like about Greg is that he's so obvious that most people seem to have figured him out very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2022 9:04 AM

As expected, haters all up after midnight!

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2022 9:18 AM

I prefer Gerg to Greg.

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2022 9:20 AM

I once asked Not Greg if he was Gerg and he wouldn't answer!

by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2022 9:26 AM

R33, you're the OP and you also post as Greg. Is this going to turn into some kind of Spartacus thing? Do I have to say I'm Greg, too?

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2022 9:28 AM

R36 did you forget to put on your glasses?

by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2022 9:30 AM

I did, actually. I'm also jealous that you got a Jif refund, but I'd never admit it out loud.

by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2022 9:35 AM

I like Greg. He makes positive contributions, his menus sound delightful, and I'd love to be invited to one of his soirées.

The gentle ribbing is fun - and he handles it well - but he doesn't deserve hate. There's a cavalcade of awful people to hate; Greg is not one of them.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2022 9:36 AM

Because he’s a prissy little queen who thinks his meals make him special.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2022 9:41 AM

I wish Greg would throw a lavish dinner party and invite the elder gay with his lhasa apso Mitzi and his neighbor's son Joel, along with the GAP Playlists guy.

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2022 10:31 AM

Would Greg get along with Miss Fairford?

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2022 10:32 AM

Greg is a parody. I don't believe he's real.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2022 10:35 AM

[quote]The gentle ribbing is fun - and he handles it well

He does not. He launches into bitch right away and it's that entitlement that puts me on team dislike. He creates these long, elaborate posts - entirely centered on himself - and then lashes out when people call him on his bullshit. DL isn't about Greg. If he wants to strut, he should take the incoming with some humility, because he's begging for it.

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2022 10:36 AM

BEARKING - Gerg

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2022 10:37 AM

[quotr] phoney

Oh, DEAR….

Dar Lord in Havn.

by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2022 10:50 AM

[quote] phoney

Oh, DEAR….

Dar Lord in Havn.

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2022 10:51 AM

what A CUNT!!!

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2022 10:52 AM

[quote]The gentle ribbing is fun - and he handles it well

he must be the least fun poster on the forum. thinner skin doesn't exist. he doesn't belong here

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2022 10:52 AM

[quote]Greg is a parody. I don't believe he's real.

And you think that chubby pussy Nicolas Fairford is real?

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2022 11:52 AM

Poor Greg, we're probably going to have to move soon.

Every time he steps outside our trailer, someone shouts something mean, like, "Hey Greg, how the old vag healing up?"

He's just such a proud heterosexual man!

(And we just got the underpinning finished on the outside of our trailer too!)

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2022 12:24 PM

[quote]He's just such a proud heterosexual man!

You know, I think it's all part of some conspiracy against strong heterosexual men...

I mean, just look at what they're doing to poor Todd Chrisley!

All that poor man wants to do is to stay home and pound his beautiful wife's pussy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2022 12:30 PM

Greg is Erna, but covered in goose fat, not goose scat.

by Anonymousreply 53June 11, 2022 2:17 PM

R25 I did not! Cite it, bitch. The only time I have ever talked about Clooney on this forum was when I was rewatching ER and said that he was the least talented of the original cast and I don’t get why he’s the one who became the most famous from that show… which is true. I find him smug and annoying and not even that handsome.

You people just make shit up about me constantly.

by Anonymousreply 54June 11, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote] Oh, DEAR….

"Phoney" is standard outside the US.

by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2022 3:02 PM

I will never forget Greg and I will never forget “loin of cod”.

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2022 3:18 PM

No hate here. Think about it. A guy on a computer typing away. DL gives him a life,

by Anonymousreply 57June 11, 2022 3:40 PM

Well, whether Greg is: clone, drone, troll so droll don't get a rats! He has given me tips & recipes for husbear & his damn heart healthy eating regimen. So, as I stated above in R 1. Thank you Greg..& screw the haters.

And if you have been kind enough to stay with us. I have a Boston Butt(do not go there, Ok!)in the bottom of the freezer that needs cooking. Any tips how to do it low salt. Every thing online seems to call for loads of salt. Thanks Greg!!

by Anonymousreply 58June 11, 2022 4:03 PM

R26 are you being disingenuous or just very new?

by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2022 4:18 PM

I've long thought Greg shared some very common traits with Poo Shoes. The almost OCD responding to each and every comment is a tell as well as almost always starting their own threads to control the narrative.

Not surprised she was outed as defacto. She's always been a right-wing Trump cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2022 4:22 PM

[quote] You people just make shit up about me constantly.

We would completely understand if you want to leave this board and never come back.

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2022 6:15 PM

I wish you would leave, too, de-fecato, but I do not believe you are anyone but your own miserable self.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2022 6:37 PM

Let’s be real - Greg is a LOT fatter than she thinks she is.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2022 9:03 PM

No matter his pretension, or presumed pretension, what I like about Greg is he doesn’t spell his name Gfegg.

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2022 9:21 PM

R64? Don’t give him any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2022 9:54 PM

[quote] He creates these long, elaborate posts - entirely centered on himself - and then lashes out when people call him on his bullshit.

That's what makes it fun!

by Anonymousreply 66June 11, 2022 10:14 PM

[quote]why do we hate/make fun of Greg?

Because he has never shown hole.

by Anonymousreply 67June 11, 2022 10:16 PM

Thanks r62

by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2022 12:00 AM

[quote]Because he has never shown hole.

Well, you've clearly never been to one of his tea parties...

or lived near him in the trailer park

by Anonymousreply 69June 12, 2022 12:08 AM

Why hasn’t Greg responded? Too busy creating another elaborate menu?

by Anonymousreply 70June 12, 2022 12:32 AM

Greg is off living his best life. He doesn't have time for us.

by Anonymousreply 71June 12, 2022 12:33 AM

One of the neighbors told Greg's wife that DataLounge is a gay website...

by Anonymousreply 72June 12, 2022 12:43 AM

[quote] One of the neighbors...

R72 lol you could simply say you told her, you made it very clear in R69 that you live in the same trailer park and are very close to them.

by Anonymousreply 73June 12, 2022 11:50 AM

[quote]Why hasn’t Greg responded?

He forgets. When I put him on ignore, it was because I suddenly got a slew of notifications of replies on a thread that was a few days old. Greg had forgotten he had posted as Greg, then someone started an anti-Greg thread, which reminded him of his Greg character, so he went to the most recent thread and posted about 35 times in a row, replying to every single response, even though they were days old.

He was very lazy about it too. Several responses were just "r70 Idiot." or "r74 Moron."

by Anonymousreply 74June 12, 2022 12:09 PM

[quote]Defacto and GGG are Davida. Greg could be too, for all I know, but I haven't been paying attention to him. At least one of Defacto's red tag accounts was posting George Clooney conspiracies, outing Defacto as being Davida. I don't know why you're so invested in making us think Defacto isn't Davida, but it's starting to get old.

r25 is a Clooney lickspittle and pr surrogate. He accuses anyone who mentions Clooney maiming that twink in Italy and then hiring a beard to cover it up of being Davida. He's very invested in protecting Clooney's honor. I have bad news for r25, despite all your fawning unless you are a twink, George is not interested in you!!

And FYI: The maiming of the twink waiter is not a "conspiracy". It happened in 2013 before the wedding and is the reason for the wedding. Qanon didn't even come into existence until 2017 . Go ask his Como neighbors, they corroborate the story.

Anyone who defends that monster who harmed a Gay teen is self loathing and should not be permitted to post on a Gay Forum.

by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2022 12:11 PM

^ hello, DL is not a gay forum!

by Anonymousreply 76June 12, 2022 12:17 PM

[quote]r25 is a Clooney lickspittle and pr surrogate. He accuses anyone who mentions Clooney maiming that twink in Italy and then hiring a beard to cover it up of being Davida.

I really wish your meds worked, Davida. I'm not just saying that, I honestly mean it.

The thread you were outed in had nothing to do with that Italy stuff you post about constantly. You're Troll 5850. You made the mistake of saying so on the "PLEASE permanently ban Defucktard from this site!" thread, when you got the truly bad idea of admitting to some of your trolling, thinking it would make people like and understand you. Someone found this thread with posts by Troll 5850, and apparently you'd gotten so out of hand, the content of your posts were deleted and replaced with [...]. The thread, however, was not about Clooney and Italy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 12, 2022 12:24 PM

I would like to personally Spank everyone who is keeping Greg away!! I'm not joking about that Boston Butt in my freezer. I can't find a low salt suggestion how to cook the damn thing!

Calliing my Greg!, Calling My Greg!

Screw this damn haters!!

by Anonymousreply 78June 12, 2022 1:06 PM

Damn, Poo is still posting here? I ignored that fat old bitch ages ago but she must clear her cookies a lot or have multiple accounts. I ignored defacto too. You'd think she'd get tired of the merciless mockery and pretending to be gay. She's never going to live her Clooney stalking days down. "He's personally managing my career" and dreaming he was in love with her. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 79June 12, 2022 2:53 PM

r78 I'm not Greg, but I also like to cook. You can make any kind of pulled pork recipe with your Boston butt (which is meat from the shoulder, not anywhere near the actual butt). There are lots of recipes online. Just find one you like and add as much or as little salt as you like.

Marcella Hazan has a recipe for pork braised in milk. A friend was making it and he asked me to pick up a Boston butt, which I hadn't heard of before. I didn't really care for it that much, but I think it was because my friend's oven runs hot, and it got way overcooked. I'm linking to a version of the recipe (Marcella herself was not an online presence).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 12, 2022 3:03 PM

r80 Agree about just toning down the salt but I'd suggest adding an acid(vinegar, wine, lemon juice, cider, whatever) and you won't miss the salt so much.

by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2022 3:22 PM

Easiest pulled pork in the world and always gets raves.

Slow cooker, one can Dr pepper, bbq sauce and seasoning of choice.

I do this a lot for potlucks, superbowl, etc. Never fails.

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2022 3:35 PM

He lies about where he’s located.

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2022 4:13 PM

Oh you guys, say goodbye to Gregg and trolls ... just remember Dorothy in THE HISTORY BOYS on one of her boys: he "has a host of friends … though only on the internet, and none in his right name or even gender."

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2022 6:03 PM

thanks all for the help with the pulled pork/Boston Butt suggestions. Love the idea to adding an acid to take the place of the salt. Thinking apple cider vinegar & maybe some cloves to the marinade. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2022 6:22 PM

That's not a foot face, r5.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2022 9:24 PM

Ha, R85 - I’m glad you got your answer, even though I’m vegetarian and that recipe (pork in milk) is the least kosher thing ever. I was on tenterhooks (seriously)! Salt is an important component in cooking, but I guess other flavours can be brought forward to compensate.

If it’s done in a slow cooker or cooked very slowly, would a spoonful of black peppercorns in the liquid add anything? Also, I agree: freshly-grated nutmeg is amazing in savoury dishes. I always use a lot of it in my matzah balls, along with minced shallot and fresh parsely…

by Anonymousreply 87June 13, 2022 4:18 AM

Greg is a fine, fine fellow.

by Anonymousreply 88June 13, 2022 4:59 AM

88 posts, 82 of them by Defacto trying to make his latest fake character happen

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote] He lies about where he’s located.

How interesting, R83. I'm eager to hear where you think I am. Or why you think I'm lying.

You sound like a regular Jeane Dixon.

by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2022 2:48 PM

R90 I hope you are the real Greg, and please don't feel bad, from the poll, almost 35% (more than 1 out of 3) voters are your loyal fans, there are 22% voters who didn't know you, but after this thread and others, it's safe to say 1/3 (or more than 7%) will become your fans, so you have a projected 42% fanbase here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote] I would like to personally Spank everyone who is keeping Greg away!! I'm not joking about that Boston Butt in my freezer. I can't find a low salt suggestion how to cook the damn thing! Calliing my Greg!, Calling My Greg! Screw this damn haters!!

Hi there. I will send you a great way to prepare Boston Butt that is NOT pulled pork and that will be fine for your husband to eat. If you follow my suggestion you will have the most delicious braised pork imaginable!

by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2022 3:39 PM

He's a pretentious old queen. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 93June 13, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote] Easiest pulled pork in the world and always gets raves. Slow cooker, one can Dr pepper, bbq sauce and seasoning of choice. I do this a lot for potlucks, superbowl, etc. Never fails.

Hmmm....okay. I don't suggest doing this, but to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 94June 13, 2022 3:40 PM

R91 winning fans is not what DL is for.

by Anonymousreply 95June 13, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote] He's a pretentious old queen. That's why.

Thanks, R93. You sound like a gentleman. I'm hardly an "old queen."

by Anonymousreply 96June 13, 2022 3:41 PM

R95 but it's important to Greg so he can keep posting his menus, even if you are never going to prepare them, they are certainly very interesting (sometimes amusing) to read.

by Anonymousreply 97June 13, 2022 3:44 PM

R96 How about "pretentious cunt?" Does that suit you better?

by Anonymousreply 98June 13, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote] [R90] I hope you are the real Greg, and please don't feel bad, from the poll, almost 35% (more than 1 out of 3) voters are your loyal fans, there are 22% voters who didn't know you, but after this thread and others, it's safe to say 1/3 (or more than 7%) will become your fans, so you have a projected 42% fanbase here on DL.

Thanks, R91. I appreciate your nice comments. I don't feel bad simply because I know who I am, like who I am, have a great life, and think a lot of the guys out here are pretty pathetic and unhappy. That said, I am happy to hear that I have fans!

by Anonymousreply 99June 13, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote] [R96] How about "pretentious cunt?" Does that suit you better?

Yes, in fact. That does suit me better!

xx

by Anonymousreply 100June 13, 2022 3:46 PM

I think Greg wants to be in his pearls when Ward comes home to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 101June 13, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote] [R95] but it's important to Greg so he can keep posting his menus, even if you are never going to prepare them, they are certainly very interesting (sometimes amusing) to read.

Mwah! R97.

by Anonymousreply 102June 13, 2022 3:47 PM

I see by all the missing posts the gal herself has showed up and her ocd is forcing responses. Poo indeed.

by Anonymousreply 103June 13, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote] I think Greg wants to be in his pearls when Ward comes home to fuck him.

Yes, Miss Landers.

by Anonymousreply 104June 13, 2022 3:48 PM

R103 He's gotta do something while he waits for the disability check to arrive.

by Anonymousreply 105June 13, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote] [R91] winning fans is not what DL is for.

Oh, R95? Are you the owner of DL? I am all about winning fans.

by Anonymousreply 106June 13, 2022 3:49 PM

Not really R97.

by Anonymousreply 107June 13, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote] [R103] He's gotta do something while he waits for the disability check to arrive.

How clever you are, R105. I know it's hard for you to believe that someone is happy and successful and has nice places to live. Of course, I must be disabled. How enlightened of you.

by Anonymousreply 108June 13, 2022 3:51 PM

It's amazing. Once you block Greg, this thread shrinks down to a handful of posts.

That twat really does have all the time in the world to primp and pimp his "social media presence" on DL.

by Anonymousreply 109June 13, 2022 3:53 PM

To quote a DL fav: I don't know her.

I did click on this link to figure out what the hubbub was.

I can now say that I'm glad I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2022 3:56 PM

R97 if someone is so desperate for attention and wants to post ridiculous menus perhaps they should start a YT cooking channel. Jesus fucking christ, DL is not the place to come looking for a fan club.

The biggest tell is that she rarely posts on threads she doesn't initiate.

by Anonymousreply 111June 13, 2022 3:58 PM

I enjoy Greg's posts, menus and replies. It's fun for me to learn how others cook and entertain. I also find personas like Darfur Orphan, Cheryl, Ginny in Billing, and the pompous Mrs. Patrick Campbell to be fucking hilarious. It's the collection of all of these things and characters that keep me coming back. DL is pretty unique and I enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 112June 13, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote] Why hasn’t Greg responded? He forgets. When I put him on ignore, it was because I suddenly got a slew of notifications of replies on a thread that was a few days old. Greg had forgotten he had posted as Greg, then someone started an anti-Greg thread, which reminded him of his Greg character, so he went to the most recent thread and posted about 35 times in a row, replying to every single response, even though they were days old. He was very lazy about it too. Several responses were just "[R70] Idiot." or "[R74] Moron."

Wow, R74, thank you for such an enlightening response! I forget. I'm not sure what you mean, but I can assure you that forgetting is not the reason for my not responding at times. That is so funny.

My "Greg character" — hahahaha.

And forgive me, strange man, for my laziness. Am I being graded on this? The truth is, many people are only deserving of being called a moron or an idiot.

Are you always so....slow?

by Anonymousreply 113June 13, 2022 3:59 PM

R112 You left me off your list, which is distressing in its own way. I have quite a bit of hands-on advice to give someone looking to get out of a sticky situation!

by Anonymousreply 114June 13, 2022 4:01 PM

R112 Darfur Orphan(s)

by Anonymousreply 115June 13, 2022 4:02 PM

[quote] [R97] if someone is so desperate for attention and wants to post ridiculous menus perhaps they should start a YT cooking channel. Jesus fucking christ, DL is not the place to come looking for a fan club. The biggest tell is that she rarely posts on threads she doesn't initiate.

R111, you are hilarious. I don't think I'm desperate for attention. But maybe I am? What I do know is that my menus are only considered ridiculous by people who lack good taste.

Thanks for your opinion of what DL is and is not. How long have you worked for DL?

As for your statement that I rarely post on thread that I don't initiate—that's simply wrong. Just search on my name if you like.

Nice use of "she" — very 1970s gay of you. Now shoo. You're really tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 116June 13, 2022 4:09 PM

[quote] It's amazing. Once you block Greg, this thread shrinks down to a handful of posts. That twat really does have all the time in the world to primp and pimp his "social media presence" on DL.

Yes, R109, I'm replying to a post that not only did I not initiate, but it's all about me! I think I'm entitled, don't you? Not to mention that I've not posted in well over a week.

Sorry that you think 30 minutes of replying to a post about why people hate me constitutes "all the time in the world."

You are really dumb! xx

by Anonymousreply 117June 13, 2022 4:12 PM

[quote] To quote a DL fav: I don't know her. I did click on this link to figure out what the hubbub was. I can now say that I'm glad I don't know her.

I'm so glad R110. I love how men on here use the feminine pronoun for each other. It's so nostalgic. Yet, there is so much hatred for trans people. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 118June 13, 2022 4:15 PM

Mrs. Patsy Ramsey, formerly of Boulder, Colorado, you are nothing short of genius in my book. Your timing is always impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 119June 13, 2022 4:18 PM

I enjoy those posters R112 but they are amusing and don't have the compulsive urge to tediously reply to each.fucking.post even if that person has them blocked.

by Anonymousreply 120June 13, 2022 4:58 PM

[Quote] He is a humorless bore

Yes ^ that is the reason.

If his replies had a tiny bit of humor he'd be fine.

by Anonymousreply 121June 13, 2022 11:56 PM

The only humor the Greg threads ever get are the his impersonators. Some of the best comedy the DL has ever had. I wish they'd come back and stay for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 122June 14, 2022 4:29 AM

[quote] If his replies had a tiny bit of humor he'd be fine.

Knock–knock.

Who's there?

Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 123June 16, 2022 12:47 PM

[quote] I enjoy those posters [R112] but they are amusing and don't have the compulsive urge to tediously reply to each.fucking.post even if that person has them blocked.

Well, I do.

Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 124June 16, 2022 12:48 PM

[quote] If someone is so desperate for attention and wants to post ridiculous menus perhaps they should start a YT cooking channel. Jesus fucking christ, DL is not the place to come looking for a fan club. The biggest tell is that she rarely posts on threads she doesn't initiate.

Thanks for your advice but I will not be taking it. As far as I'm concerned, and as far as many others on DL are concerned, DL is the PERFECT place to come looking for a fan club. And I actually do post on threads I don't initiate.

As if I would ever take advice from some donkey who calls men "she." Bye!

by Anonymousreply 125June 16, 2022 12:58 PM

Love me some Greg I am a fan..(Anytime on that Boston Butt recipe, please)If you don't like & value greg I haved 2 words for you & not, its not what you think, its Bye Bye..bugger off, shoo, go to another thread.

We need a maven to create the iconic Leave Britney alone scream to a Leave Greg alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 16, 2022 1:08 PM

He sure posts a lot of detailed, cunty replies. I have him blocked, but the numbers keep going up and up.

by Anonymousreply 127June 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Greg is my inner child.

by Anonymousreply 128June 16, 2022 2:50 PM

R127, he replies to everything. I'd like to be his psychiatrist. $$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 129June 16, 2022 3:02 PM

I'm not Greg, nor do I ever post as Greg. I'm a fan. So many of the Greg haters, a good living example of who I don't want to be, that stereotypical, boring, bitchy, jealous gay man. Please let me not grow into that awful caricature of how many see gay men.

Reminds me of a super painful cringey ah-ha moment I had years ago with a dear friend. He was invited to a very fabulous party given by one of his uber rich hair clients. He had done some of the flowers & decor for the event. He asked me to come along as his +1, since I was young, presentable & personable. He had had a few too many drinks to loosen up before we went. So, in he went, got loud & started fussing with some of the arrangements he had done. A fairly notable person loudly snorted in a biting sotto voce. "Must be her hair dresser". I felt like crying. We left soon after, moving like the walk of shame.

by Anonymousreply 130June 16, 2022 3:17 PM

[quote]DL is the PERFECT place to come looking for a fan club

Sorry, Greg, but the only people on DL who ever had a fan club were Fake Keram Malicki Sanchez and Surviving Angel, both of whom were their own fan clubs. Della kind of had one but that was years and years ago. If you have a fan club on DL, it's because you're the fan club.

by Anonymousreply 131June 16, 2022 3:30 PM

R130, your story neatly captures the essence of what's wrong with Greg.

BTW, your first paragraph is what you fear, so love yourself first, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 132June 16, 2022 3:41 PM

The accusation that people who dislike a troll or a persona on here because they're a "bitchy, jealous gay man" is pretty homophobic. There's nothing in these threads to indicate that people are jealous of him. You're using a hateful old stereotype from the Boys in the Band days to insult people you disagree with.

by Anonymousreply 133June 16, 2022 3:45 PM

Greg impersonators are the funnies parts of a Greg thread.

by Anonymousreply 134June 16, 2022 4:58 PM

[quote] [R130], your story neatly captures the essence of what's wrong with Greg.

I'm not sure I follow, R132, but I'm dying to know what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 135June 16, 2022 5:24 PM

[quote] He sure posts a lot of detailed, cunty replies.

Thank you. It's not easy given my tight schedule, but it brings me joy.

by Anonymousreply 136June 16, 2022 5:27 PM

Keep posting, Greg. It'll make the hearing shorter.

by Anonymousreply 137June 16, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote] If you have a fan club on DL, it's because you're the fan club.

Hmmm...not true, but thanks for sharing!

by Anonymousreply 138June 16, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote] Keep posting, Greg. It'll make the hearing shorter.

What is this hearing?

by Anonymousreply 139June 16, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote] Love me some Greg I am a fan..(Anytime on that Boston Butt recipe, please)If you don't like & value greg I haved 2 words for you & not, its not what you think, its Bye Bye..bugger off, shoo, go to another thread.

R126, I'll get on that Boston Butt recipe. You'll love it. Thanks for the support! xx

by Anonymousreply 140June 16, 2022 5:30 PM

R131, you are wrong, like Cater Waiter, Bengali in Platforms, VOTN, the epic Judy Pills Garland. Greg has not risen to the level of contempt of Umpty or the Yellow Skin Troll.

Greg is benign and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 141June 16, 2022 5:38 PM

I love Greg neediness to have the last word. His OCD gets the best of him. He absolutely has to reply to every post. Very mincing marm and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 142June 16, 2022 5:47 PM

R141 one does not decide to come to DL and demand or expect a fan club.

Those others were all amusing. Greg is in no way amusing or witty. Greg is a personal of another troll but isn't witty enough to pull it off.

No kidding R128, I've got it blocked and all posts between R120 and yours are missing. He's definitely his own fan club and revealing his ocd.

by Anonymousreply 143June 16, 2022 5:47 PM

^^^should be persona.

by Anonymousreply 144June 16, 2022 5:50 PM

R141 hi Greg. Another account, eh?

by Anonymousreply 145June 16, 2022 5:52 PM

[quote] [R141] hi Greg. Another account, eh?

Hi. Ah, no. If what you mean to ask is if I am R141, I am not. Though I do appreciate him.

by Anonymousreply 146June 16, 2022 6:00 PM

Prunes.

by Anonymousreply 147June 16, 2022 6:02 PM

LOL! Greg replies to r145 within minutes but he doesn't have another account. Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 148June 16, 2022 6:05 PM

What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 149June 16, 2022 6:11 PM

[bold] GREG'S UTTERLY DELICIOUS BRAISED PORK ROAST [/bold]

[bold] Ingredients [/bold]

2 Tablespoons canola oil

4 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (Boston Butt) – trimmed & tied

Kosher salt & black pepper

1 medium onion – coarsely chopped

1 medium carrot – coarsely chopped

1 celery rib – coarsely chopped

6 medium garlic cloves – crushed with the side of a knife

1/3 cup dry white wine

2 cups good chicken stock

1 spring marjoram

1 spring thyme

1 sprig sage

1 teaspoon whole peppercorns

2 Tablespoons of softened unsalted butter

2 Tablespoons of all purpose flour

--------------------------------

[bold] Procedure [/bold]

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

2. In large casserole or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.

3. Season the pork roast with salt & pepper

4. Brown the pork on all sides. You want some good color here. This step is very important!

5. Transfer the pork to a plate and pour off all but 1 Tablespoon of fat from the pan you browned the pork in.

6. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring often until the vegetables are softened and browned (about 7 minutes)

7. Add the wine and cook until it is almost completely evaporated (about 4 minutes)

8. Add stock, marjoram, thyme, sage, and peppercorns and bring to a boil.

9. Return the pork to the pan, cover tightly, place in preheated oven, and cook until the pork is fork-tender — about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

10. Check the pork after the first 15 minutes in the oven to make sure the liquid is barely simmering. Reduce the oven if it is more than barely simmering.

11. When fork-tender, remove the pork, place on a warm plate, cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.

12. Let pan stand for 5 minutes then skim off all the fat you can from the surface.

13. Bring the liquid to a boil over medium heat.

14. In a small bowl, combine the softened butter and the flour into a paste. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the braising liquid to form a thin paste.

15. Whisk the flour paste back into the pan juices.

16. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, until the sauce thickens.

17. Strain the sauce through a wire sieve. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

18. I love to serve this with mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.

If you make this, you will definitely want to make it again and again. I hope your husband likes it!

by Anonymousreply 150June 16, 2022 6:17 PM

[quote] LOL! Greg replies to [R145] within minutes but he doesn't have another account. Sure, Jan.

That's right, R148, I do not have another account. Block me and you'll see.

Not sure what my reply to R145 within minutes has to do with my having another account.

You are DUMB. xx

by Anonymousreply 151June 16, 2022 6:19 PM

I've got that cunt, surviving angel, blocked but how long has she been here? I only ever noticed her when the fucking mm/brf threads populated by rejects from gossip sites started swarming and I figured she led those cunts here.

by Anonymousreply 152June 16, 2022 6:23 PM

^ Take your meds, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 153June 16, 2022 6:23 PM

[quote] The tip Greg gave about soaking cleaning cloths came from another cleaning thread we had just had. Someone suggested soaking dish rags and kitchen towels in Oxi and Borax in hot water in the washing machine for an hour, before adding detergent and washing as normal. I know because I tried it, and it worked. Like he does with his recipes, he took someone else's idea, changed a little bit of it, and passed it off as his own. The one thing I do like about Greg is that he's so obvious that most people seem to have figured him out very quickly.

Sorry, R32, but you are wrong. Not that I much care if you think I copy someone's cleaning hints, but I was the one who suggested soaking dish towels in a bucket of OxiClean until wash day.

As far as recipes go, I'm simply sharing the recipes and procedures I have found to be the best. You are a simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 154June 16, 2022 6:40 PM

Under the post: House Cleaning Practices That Work For You, I was R11:

[quote] I purchase lots of white bar mop towels from Target (they are only about $1 each) and use them for all types of cleaning around the house. I probably use around thirty each week. This cuts down on paper towel use. Whenever I am cooking, I have a damp bar mop towel by my side. At the end of each day, I put all the bar mop towels and dishtowels I've used that day in a bucket of water with OxiClean and once a week I wash all of these cloths in hot water with Tide, a cup of baking soda, and a small amount of bleach.

And R168 said—that's 157 posts later—:

[quote] For those of you who use washrags, bar rags and towels instead of paper towels, I find that they clean well in the laundry if you put them into the machine with hot water on a small or medium sized load, with the detergent, Borax and Oxy powder. Let them agitate for a minute then stop the machine and let them soak an hour. Then turn the load size up one notch (i.e. if you had it on a medium load, turn it to large load) so more hot water gets added, and wash as normal. Pretty much everything comes off them without fuss.

So, R32, not only are you an asshole, but you are both rude and stupid. Get lost.

Oh, and for nice white kitchen towels, soak them in a bucket of OxiClean every night and then wash them in hot water with your favorite detergent, some baking soda, and a splash of bleach. Your towels will stay bright white and will smell fresh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 16, 2022 6:48 PM

R141, those posters didn't have fanclubs.

What I'm talking about when I say someone has a fanclub is an inordinate amount of people posting "I like [Datalounger]" in every thread that mentions them. If a DLer frequently has other users show up to say nothing but "Love you, [Datalounger]!" or "You're one of the best posters here! Kisses!" then that's a fanclub. If people say that a particular DLer is a troll, then 25 people show up to defend them, usually with lies and ridiculous accusations, that's a fanclub.

Now that I think about it, there's one of the anti trans women on here who gets that, too, but I'm blanking on her name.

While VOTN and Bengali and others were well liked, they didn't have fanclubs.

by Anonymousreply 156June 16, 2022 6:50 PM

I am not Greg. But I am one of the few, here, who could go toe to toe with cooking and setting a formal table.

r143, as I said before, Greg is benign. He is amusing to me.

But, like all bullies, you jam your opinions down other people's throats.

And yes, every one of the Classic DLers who I mentioned, have fan clubs. And by that, there were/are people who whould scan threads for their posts.

R156, et alli, you are a sad bitter cunt. Envy?

by Anonymousreply 157June 16, 2022 11:50 PM

Um, no one is bullying or jamming opinions down your throat. I stated my opinion about the troll known as Greg.

Did I hit some kind of nerve?

by Anonymousreply 158June 17, 2022 12:31 AM

How do you know people scanned threads for their replies? Maybe it was just you. I certainly don't go to threads expecting to see some other poster's response.

by Anonymousreply 159June 17, 2022 12:35 AM

R159, are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 160June 17, 2022 12:55 AM

No, are you? I've been here since '95.

by Anonymousreply 161June 17, 2022 1:06 AM

Last night I dreamt I went to Greg’s again.

The clamberry Triplesec didn’t sit well.

by Anonymousreply 162June 17, 2022 1:09 AM

Hmmmm, r161

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 17, 2022 1:24 AM

Hmmm, what?

by Anonymousreply 164June 17, 2022 1:26 AM

Seriously a thread posted that was closed in 2013?

by Anonymousreply 165June 17, 2022 1:28 AM

The Boston Butt recipe looks promising.

by Anonymousreply 166June 17, 2022 1:45 AM

Can you cunts read or follow a thought?

by Anonymousreply 167June 17, 2022 2:25 AM

Hi Husband of husbear who has to eat low fat/heart healthy here. Thanks so much Greg for the Boston Butt recipe. So much typing, You are a peach, fo sure! Screw the stupid haters!!

I will be making it next week. Husbear, poor lamb has had his allotted 8 oz. of red meat already this week. I will let you know how it goes. Another poster suggested using vinegar to add flavor instead of salt. Any thoughts on that. How much would you use if you did it. God, I feel so blest, like I have my personal teacher at Escoffier.

It sounds luscious. Will thicken the sauce without the butter flour gravy though, don't use butter due to lowfat. Have an Englsih thickening product I use to do gravies. Its called McDougall's Thickening Granules. I'm thinking green bean, cherry tomato kale saute as veg. w. the mash. Open to your thoughts & wisdom, of course.

by Anonymousreply 168June 17, 2022 11:33 AM

[quote][R156], et alli, you are a sad bitter cunt. Envy?

I cannot even fathom what I'm supposed to be envious of.

I'm sorry you are so immature that you can't handle it if someone doesn't like you. Oh, excuse me, if someone doesn't like Greg, who is totally not you.

by Anonymousreply 169June 17, 2022 11:56 AM

As you point out, it's the attention Greg gets that you do not.

Face it doll, nobody is into you.

What I cannot handle is why someone would come to a Gay Board and bully people into thinking their opinion is supreme.

Get a blog, get therapy, but get.

by Anonymousreply 170June 17, 2022 1:35 PM

Greg is very efficient, he came here and replied in batches, all done in less than an hour.

by Anonymousreply 171June 17, 2022 1:52 PM

Greg had only replied and responded to all the unnecessary vitriol. He has yet to learn that pointless bitchery is what youse cunts are all about.

But I do enjoy a recipe for Pancakes Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 172June 17, 2022 2:44 PM

[quote] Greg is very efficient, he came here and replied in batches, all done in less than an hour.

I have a very full schedule and am efficient and know how to get things done. I'm particularly good at taking out the trash.

by Anonymousreply 173June 17, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote] Greg had only replied and responded to all the unnecessary vitriol. He has yet to learn that pointless bitchery is what youse cunts are all about. But I do enjoy a recipe for Pancakes Barbara.

I get the pointless bitchery—I've been coming to DL since its inception. I just believe I should be allowed to defend myself.

Now—do you need a recipe for Pancakes Barbara? Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 17, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote] I cannot even fathom what I'm supposed to be envious of. I'm sorry you are so immature that you can't handle it if someone doesn't like you. Oh, excuse me, if someone doesn't like Greg, who is totally not you.

I suspect if you were less arrogant you would find many things about which to be envious. Keep looking—I suspect the list is long.

And you are suggesting that R156 is me. It's not.

Now shoo.

by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2022 3:53 PM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 17, 2022 3:54 PM

Hence his tediousness R171. Also, overly sensitive and uses different accounts to defend himself especially if he knows someone has "greg" on ignore.

by Anonymousreply 177June 17, 2022 4:07 PM

[quote] Hi Husband of husbear who has to eat low fat/heart healthy here. Thanks so much Greg for the Boston Butt recipe. So much typing, You are a peach, fo sure! Screw the stupid haters!!

I will be making it next week. Husbear, poor lamb has had his allotted 8 oz. of red meat already this week. I will let you know how it goes. Another poster suggested using vinegar to add flavor instead of salt. Any thoughts on that. How much would you use if you did it. God, I feel so blest, like I have my personal teacher at Escoffier. It sounds luscious. Will thicken the sauce without the butter flour gravy though, don't use butter due to lowfat. Have an Englsih thickening product I use to do gravies. Its called McDougall's Thickening Granules. I'm thinking green bean, cherry tomato kale saute as veg. w. the mash. Open to your thoughts & wisdom, of course.

Hey R168, happy to help you and your husband. Pork is not red meat, so it's a good meat for you to be serving your husband. I'm not sure about vinegar in place of salt. My suggestion is to use the amount of salt that you think is safe (or use none at all). Then when you are making the sauce, add a judicious amount of red or white wine vinegar and keep tasting. Years ago, a chef with whom I was working told me that sometimes a sauce or a gravy tastes a bit "flat" or one dimensional. You might not be able to figure out what would improve it—but very often just a splash of vinegar will give it the lift that it needs. Of course you don't want to add so much that it's discernible. But the acid brightens the flavor of a dull or flat tasting sauce or gravy.

If you like McDougall's Thickening Granules, then that's what you should use. Alternatively, you could just add two Tablespoons of all purpose flour to a jar (like an old jam jar) and one-half cup of the braising liquid and shake it up (be careful, it will be hot). Once it is well-shaken, then whisk it into the braising liquid and follow steps 16 & 17. Do all of this slowly and make sure that the sauce is as thick of thin as you like it (I don't like it to be too thick, but some people prefer it that way).

Your sides sound good. I like to serve braised parsnips, carrots, and celery with the mashed potatoes and pork. Sometimes also pearl onions or roasted whole shallots. Do what you and your husband like! This is such a delicious way to prepare pork and it's also not particularly unhealthy if you adapt it.

by Anonymousreply 178June 17, 2022 4:09 PM

BINGO, r177!

by Anonymousreply 179June 17, 2022 4:15 PM

[quote] Hi Husband of husbear who has to eat low fat/heart healthy here. Thanks so much Greg for the Boston Butt recipe. So much typing, You are a peach, fo sure! Screw the stupid haters!! I will be making it next week. Husbear, poor lamb has had his allotted 8 oz. of red meat already this week. I will let you know how it goes. Another poster suggested using vinegar to add flavor instead of salt. Any thoughts on that. How much would you use if you did it. God, I feel so blest, like I have my personal teacher at Escoffier.

Hey [R168], happy to help you and your husband. Pork is not red meat, so it's a good meat for you to be serving your husband. I'm not sure about vinegar in place of salt. My suggestion is to use the amount of salt that you think is safe (or use none at all). Then when you are making the sauce, add a judicious amount of red or white wine vinegar and keep tasting. Years ago, a chef with whom I was working told me that sometimes a sauce or a gravy tastes a bit "flat" or one dimensional. You might not be able to figure out what would improve it—but very often just a splash of vinegar will give it the lift that it needs. Of course you don't want to add so much that it's discernible. But the acid brightens the flavor of a dull or flat tasting sauce or gravy.

If you like McDougall's Thickening Granules, then that's what you should use. Alternatively, you could just add two Tablespoons of all purpose flour to a jar (like an old jam jar) and one-half cup of the braising liquid and shake it up (be careful, it will be hot). Once it is well-shaken, then whisk it into the braising liquid and follow steps 16 & 17. Do all of this slowly and make sure that the sauce is as thick of thin as you like it (I don't like it to be too thick, but some people prefer it that way).

Your sides sound good. I like to serve braised parsnips, carrots, and celery with the mashed potatoes and pork. Sometimes also pearl onions or roasted whole shallots. Do what you and your husband like! This is such a delicious way to prepare pork and it's also not particularly unhealthy if you adapt it.

by Anonymousreply 180June 17, 2022 4:18 PM

💕 [italic] Food IS Love !

by Anonymousreply 182June 17, 2022 4:28 PM

Yes, "Greg" we can read what r179 aka me wrote. Repeating it just makes you look more of a mincing marm, hon.

by Anonymousreply 183June 17, 2022 4:33 PM

[quote] Yes, "Greg" we can read what [R179] aka me wrote. Repeating it just makes you look more of a mincing marm, hon.

I'm fine with that. xx

by Anonymousreply 184June 17, 2022 4:44 PM

If you tell me you are serving afternoon tea and you do so at 2 PM and there is no tea, then you do not know what afternoon tea is.

If you are unable to comprehend the error, then you are a bit of a twit.

If you are unable to admit the error, then you are most likely an insecure social climber and most certainly a bore.

by Anonymousreply 185June 17, 2022 7:52 PM

Does Greg have an induction cooktop and, if so, why don’t they tell you your steel utensils may also heat up?

by Anonymousreply 186June 18, 2022 1:24 AM

I wanna create a Greg’s Recipes thread.

by Anonymousreply 187June 18, 2022 9:15 PM

[quote] Does Greg have an induction cooktop and, if so, why don’t they tell you your steel utensils may also heat up?

Yes, I do have an induction cooktop. I've never noticed that steel utensils heat up. I mainly use wooden spoons or rubber spatulas when cooking. Maybe you should try that or try not leaving the steel utensils in the pans?

by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2022 9:18 PM

[quote] I wanna create a Greg’s Recipes thread.

Sounds like a great idea! Be ready for abuse from many of the haters out here!

by Anonymousreply 189June 18, 2022 9:28 PM

[quote] If you tell me you are serving afternoon tea and you do so at 2 PM and there is no tea, then you do not know what afternoon tea is. If you are unable to comprehend the error, then you are a bit of a twit. If you are unable to admit the error, then you are most likely an insecure social climber and most certainly a bore.

Hello, Eldergay. As I said in my original thread, "Afternoon Tea":

[quote] Well, if it would please all of you here, I was wrong. I misrepresented my time with friends. There was no tea. Just sandwiches, unspeakably delicious lemon squares and brownies. Oh, and Prosecco.

So, Eldergay, please just move on. You and I were back and forth on that thread weeks ago. And now you bring it up again on this thread. I said you were an asshole then and I'll say it again: You're an asshole.

Okay, we get that you are lonely and like to show off how stupid you are, but honestly, you are tiresome. Have a nice evening!

by Anonymousreply 190June 18, 2022 9:32 PM

Okay, Greg, go for it. Keep all your shit on one thread. If only the Markle loons would do that too.

by Anonymousreply 191June 18, 2022 9:32 PM

R191 was for R187 since I can't see any of his other comments.

by Anonymousreply 192June 18, 2022 9:33 PM

The best part of posting as Greg are the earnest replies from people who can't tell the impostors like myself from the real Greg thing. It brings me back to my prune-and-cod salad days of trolling in my youth.

by Anonymousreply 193June 18, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote] Okay, Greg, go for it. Keep all your shit on one thread. If only the Markle loons would do that too.

It's not my idea to start a recipes thread.

by Anonymousreply 194June 18, 2022 9:37 PM

[quote] The best part of posting as Greg are the earnest replies from people who can't tell the impostors like myself from the real Greg thing. It brings me back to my prune-and-cod salad days of trolling in my youth.

Get lost.

by Anonymousreply 195June 18, 2022 9:38 PM

"Greg" is an inferable old lesbian troll

by Anonymousreply 196June 18, 2022 9:40 PM

[quote] "Greg" is an inferable old lesbian troll

Ohhhh....tough guy!

Thanks for putting my name in quotation marks. I love that.

by Anonymousreply 197June 18, 2022 9:45 PM

Greg needs to be authenticated here, we have so many imposters here, the fake Gregs even fighting with each other.

by Anonymousreply 198June 18, 2022 10:18 PM

Hi Greg:

Husband of husbear who has to eat lowfat. Thanks again for all your kindness & help. TYou are Much appreciated.

The infamous Boston Butt has a..don't know what else to call it..a hair net on it. I assume this is to keep the shape stable. Do I take it off before I brown it? It appears to be butcher cotton string.

Thanks again

by Anonymousreply 199June 18, 2022 10:21 PM

Some Gregs are better than others.

by Anonymousreply 200June 18, 2022 11:05 PM

[quote] Hi Greg:

Husband of husbear who has to eat lowfat. Thanks again for all your kindness & help. TYou are Much appreciated. The infamous Boston Butt has a..don't know what else to call it..a hair net on it. I assume this is to keep the shape stable. Do I take it off before I brown it? It appears to be butcher cotton string .Thanks again

Hi! I always have the pork tied with cotton twine so that it holds its shape. If that's what you have, I would leave it on for the browning. If it's not a cotton twine, that's what would be ideal.

by Anonymousreply 201June 18, 2022 11:20 PM

[quote] Some Gregs are better than others.

That's true! But, in the words of Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell, "Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby."

by Anonymousreply 202June 18, 2022 11:24 PM

"Greg" is a psychotic lesbian that's pushing 60. "Greg" is one of her alter egos on here.

by Anonymousreply 203June 18, 2022 11:31 PM

[quote] "Greg" is a psychotic lesbian that's pushing 60. "Greg" is one of her alter egos on here.

Very interesting! I had no idea.

Actually, I am a 55-year old gay man. And my name is Greg. And I have no alter egos on here.

Thanks for coming!

by Anonymousreply 204June 18, 2022 11:49 PM

I love to plunge my fist up my own asshole.

by Anonymousreply 205June 19, 2022 3:51 AM

No I don't, R205. Now shoo.

by Anonymousreply 206June 19, 2022 3:51 AM

Yes I do, R206. You shoo.

by Anonymousreply 207June 19, 2022 3:52 AM

No I do not, R207.

You shoo.

by Anonymousreply 208June 19, 2022 3:52 AM

You shoo, you, whoever.

by Anonymousreply 209June 19, 2022 3:53 AM

You are not true. You shoo, you.

by Anonymousreply 210June 19, 2022 3:54 AM

No, you shoo.

by Anonymousreply 211June 19, 2022 5:58 AM

Little Cindy Lou Shoo, who was no more than two.

by Anonymousreply 212June 19, 2022 5:59 AM

I want some moo shu. True. You?

by Anonymousreply 213June 19, 2022 6:01 AM

No foo goo! Pass the pu-pu!

by Anonymousreply 214June 19, 2022 6:02 AM

You guys all need to grow up.

Off to make breakfast on this rainy Sunday morning on Cape Cod.

by Anonymousreply 215June 19, 2022 11:14 AM

😂 the exchange starting from R205 to R211, this is gold!😂

by Anonymousreply 216June 19, 2022 2:33 PM

I prefer EVOO to Crisco for lube when I fist my own asshole, like I am doing right now.

by Anonymousreply 217June 19, 2022 2:34 PM

Excuse me, I'd like to speak to the manager of this thread. Manager! Show yourself.

by Anonymousreply 218June 19, 2022 2:36 PM

R127 but you are too fake 😐

by Anonymousreply 219June 19, 2022 2:36 PM

R218 Manager is here, how can I help you?

by Anonymousreply 220June 19, 2022 2:37 PM

Manager, my good name has been maligned. Please take action or I will be forced to retaliate!

by Anonymousreply 221June 19, 2022 2:50 PM

Did someone above say this was NOT a gay board? Sorry, bitch, it is primarily for gays. Unfortunately, we've attracted some very unwelcome frauen and trolls but this was established as a forum for GAY people.

by Anonymousreply 222June 19, 2022 4:45 PM

Greg keeps trying to make herself happen. Greg says she comments on other threads but if you put "Greg" on ignore she only posts on threads she creates or specifically mentions her name. I know because I have her on ignore and can see it's history. If she's commenting on other threads then she's not using "Greg" which leads us to believe that "Greg" is trolling under different accounts and starting her own threads much like Poo Shoes did. One and the same? Not sure but they have identical MO's and OCD.

by Anonymousreply 223June 19, 2022 5:02 PM

Now, let's countdown to see how long before I'm missing several comments in my feed.

by Anonymousreply 224June 19, 2022 5:04 PM

WE ARE ALL GREG!

Ya cunts.

by Anonymousreply 225June 19, 2022 5:06 PM

No, I’m Meg, Greg’s neuro-divergent vegan neighbor and when I’m not smoking meth, I’m boiling banana and cucumber skins.

by Anonymousreply 226June 19, 2022 5:36 PM

r225 Actually, I'm Spartacus.

by Anonymousreply 227June 19, 2022 7:49 PM

Greg at R190, you did fucking backflips before finally admitting as much.

by Anonymousreply 228June 19, 2022 10:26 PM

R226 Have you tried Mace and Nutmeg?

by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2022 10:31 PM

Greg is GGG is Collinboy is DeFacto. All one in the same. It’s a slightly more functional troll, but a troll nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2022 10:32 PM

J'adore Greg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2022 10:43 PM

R230 I sincerely hope that is NOT true, as I like Greg, fake persona or not... not so much for the other two. How does one actually deduce this with some real degree of certainty?

by Anonymousreply 232June 19, 2022 10:43 PM

Writing styles, R232. It’s possible that it’s several different malignant narcissists, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 233June 19, 2022 10:46 PM

[quote] How does one actually deduce this with some real degree of certainty?

R232 no, they are just being imaginative, also by accusing who and who are the same person, they think they uncovered some weakness thus gave them a fake sense of upper hand in the catfight.

by Anonymousreply 234June 19, 2022 10:50 PM

We are all Greg.

by Anonymousreply 235June 19, 2022 10:54 PM

R233 Why bother signing off with a name when trying to pose as different personas? That doesn't seem logical to me, but perhaps that's simply because I don't want to believe it. Can you make a comparison, or show a few key similarities in vocabulary, or syntax?

by Anonymousreply 236June 19, 2022 10:55 PM

R234 I try to keep an open mind.... Regardless, I've oft wondered if many authenticated posters here are actually created by Mediapolis. I cannot claim this as an original idea, as afriend and fellow Datalounger insists this is the case... interesting to speculate, and compare the "voices" however.

by Anonymousreply 237June 19, 2022 10:59 PM

Apparently you’re right R235. At least the last couple of posters.

by Anonymousreply 238June 19, 2022 11:00 PM

Stop trying to make “Greg” happen, footface. Why don’t you go out and get a life instead of writing make-believe lives for people you troll, and who hate you?

You don’t see how pathetic and sad that is?

by Anonymousreply 239June 19, 2022 11:06 PM

I seldom notice Greg's comments (sorry Greg). I think we just have different interests.

But, I do notice he has a lot of haters.

by Anonymousreply 240June 19, 2022 11:09 PM

Greg — has happened.

by Anonymousreply 241June 19, 2022 11:10 PM

[quote]Stuck in the persona from that ancient tome..Boy in the Band. There's fun snark, & then there's that rancid insulting stereotype of the jealous nasty gay man. Why oh why descend into that vile space?. You make yourself so pathetic, so unloveable.

Very well put R11. There are a lot of those types here.

They scratch hard too.

I'm not quite 50 yet, but I hope I never end up there.

by Anonymousreply 242June 19, 2022 11:20 PM

R242 I like many of your posts, so don't take umbrage here, but my friend I mentioned believes you and Poisoned Dragon are the same poster! I enjoy Poisoned Dragon as well, so I don't find this notion particularly insulting. I remain sceptical that anyone can be 100% certain of any of this.

by Anonymousreply 243June 19, 2022 11:29 PM

^ and now they are jealous and furious...

by Anonymousreply 244June 19, 2022 11:38 PM

I meant to reply R241

by Anonymousreply 245June 19, 2022 11:39 PM

[Quote]Greg needs to be authenticated here, we have so many imposters here, the fake Gregs even fighting with each other.

I said the same thing in a previous Greg thread, and he threw a hissy fit. He is also definitely a real person, I found his picture and posted it in yet another fucking prune thread. Greg enjoys the attention he gets here, good and bad, it's the only thing that gets his tiny cocklet hard anymore.

I hate you, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 246June 19, 2022 11:50 PM

Thank you for your nice comment R243.

Like Greg, Poisoned Dragon is another one I seldom notice lol (sorry Poisoned Dragon), so their voice doesn't come to mind. I do think I have a very distinct voice on DL (full of hot air sometimes; reactive to the bitterness/nastiness; and I talk about movies a lot lol). But, if I'm a paid Mediapolis shill, I have yet to see a pay-check haha (MURIEL!).

I like that you have a DL friend whom you speak with outside of DL! None of my gay friends even know about this place lol.

by Anonymousreply 247June 19, 2022 11:52 PM

I like you, Cinesnatch.

I'd have more respect for Greg if he authenticated.

by Anonymousreply 248June 20, 2022 12:07 AM

R247 You're welcome. May I call you Snatch for short? I introduced my mate to DL, and he really took to it. I know he reads more than he posts. He isn't a suspicious person by nature, nor is he one to believe in conspiracies, yet he's adamant that something funny is happening with created personalities.

He was absolutely convinced YMF was created by the site. I don't agree with him on YMF, but it seems plausible someone @ Datalounge might be simply having fun, or thinks it engenders interest in the forum.

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2022 12:14 AM

I don't hate Greg. I used to read the threads with amusement, and some of the imitators are funny. But now that I know Greg and I went to the same HS, I feel the need to post some encouragement for him. He's fun!

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2022 12:28 AM

Hi R243, Yes! You can call me Snatch. Lots of people do on another forum I frequent (AwardsWorthy). The main reason I use my authenticated name here is I'm a very disorganised person, and I find these threads hard to read due to the layout. Also, I just like to take a little responsibility for the things I write.

And I love the cultivated personalities when they're harmless and fun. We all need a good laugh!

by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2022 12:31 AM

Cheers Snatch. I agree on the cultivated personalities.

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2022 12:35 AM

R250 created an account to say he knows Greg. 🙄

It’s his only post. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2022 12:59 AM

How did you figure, R253?

When you click on his name, his account states he has:

[quote]41 WW votes and has posted 48 replies to threads.

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2022 1:07 AM

On ignore, you can see the account has only made one recent comment, which usually means months. He just happened to come to DL to defend Greg out of the blue?

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2022 1:30 AM

R255 This result also shows when you only share the one thread in common with the poster you are sleuthing. I thought everyone knew that?

by Anonymousreply 256June 20, 2022 1:40 AM

Furthermore R255, If you are watching no threads they're on, nothing pops up.

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2022 1:41 AM

R11, here, husband of Husbear who has to eat lowfat.

LAY OFF GREG NOW!!

He has been nothing but kind & generous & helpful to me as I try to keep my cardiac impaired love of my life alive, you rancid mother fuckers!

He typed out that Boston Butt recipe for me & then created another thread to be sure I could find it.And this isn't the first time he has helped me. I don't give a shit if he is real or memorex.

I'm warning you, I've cut a bitch for way less than this..If you drive him away, BEWARE!!

by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2022 2:13 AM

🙀 R259

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2022 2:35 AM

Again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2022 2:39 AM

🙀 did it work?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2022 3:03 AM

He's something else

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2022 3:11 AM

Is Greg related to Peg?

by Anonymousreply 263June 21, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote] Is Greg related to Peg?

My grandmother's name was Peg.

by Anonymousreply 264June 21, 2022 7:06 PM

[quote] Greg at [R190], you did fucking backflips before finally admitting as much.

R228, you are not good at picking up on sarcasm. "Backflips?" That's really rich! Right, I did backflips trying to correct my use of the word "tea." If anyone is doing backflips it's the small minds out here spending so much time debating what tea is. And what time it's served. And what should be included in the menu. And how I represented my visit with friends.

I get the feeling you don't appreciate how ridiculous you sound—holed up, wherever you are—working yourself into a lather about an inconsequential posting of mine where I talked about serving some sandwiches and sweets to friends who stopped by on a Sunday afternoon over 5 weeks ago. Since then I've had a few other occasions to host friends and haven't thought much about my infamous "tea" — yet here you are, bringing it up again with an air of righteous indignation. It's okay, take a deep breath. I promise not to call that sort of event "tea" again. It's not your fault. Try to refocus and move on with your life.

I do have to admit how much I love that, without even trying, I've occupied some good real estate inside your cute little head.

Mwah!

by Anonymousreply 265June 21, 2022 7:24 PM

[quote] I don't hate Greg. I used to read the threads with amusement, and some of the imitators are funny. But now that I know Greg and I went to the same HS, I feel the need to post some encouragement for him. He's fun!

Hi MacFound (R250)! Thanks for the encouragement. What I really enjoy doing is sharing things that I think some people out here might like and may benefit from—that was my original goal. But I can't deny how much fun it is to be the unintended cause of so much childish consternation. The fabrications about my weight, cooking skills, multiple identities, etc. bring me great joy. Some people even think you are one of my other identities.

In any case, thank you for saying hi. Always nice to meet a fellow Lancer!

by Anonymousreply 266June 21, 2022 7:39 PM

I forgot to mention that I also enjoy inserting vegetables into my rectum. It brings me great joy, almost as much joy as I receive from using mayonnaise for pleasuring my pet poodle Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 267June 21, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] I forgot to mention that I also enjoy inserting vegetables into my rectum. It brings me great joy, almost as much joy as I receive from using mayonnaise for pleasuring my pet poodle Elizabeth.

Another DL child heard from. And apparently at least two people out here find that low-level attempt at humor successful. I do not own a poodle. And my JRT prefers an herbed aioli to Duke's.

by Anonymousreply 268June 22, 2022 2:41 PM

R268 I have to google "herbed aioli", interesting! I may give it a try, I don't like mayonnaise though.

by Anonymousreply 269June 22, 2022 2:47 PM

Aioli is garlic mayonnaise, you tard.

by Anonymousreply 270June 22, 2022 2:51 PM

[quote] I said the same thing in a previous Greg thread, and he threw a hissy fit. He is also definitely a real person, I found his picture and posted it in yet another fucking prune thread. Greg enjoys the attention he gets here, good and bad, it's the only thing that gets his tiny cocklet hard anymore. I hate you, Greg.

Dear R246, I "threw a hissy fit?" Please provide evidence. For those who can't be bothered, of course I did not such thing. I simply said that I don't wish to be authenticated. That's exactly what I said—is that what one would call "a hissy fit?"

R246, you are right in that I enjoy the attention here. I find it fun. You are not right, however, about the size of my cock. You seem to be a real loser which is what keeps me from disliking you so much. Your hatred of me is a turn on. Thank you!

I love you, R146.

by Anonymousreply 271June 22, 2022 2:55 PM

R270 of course you are not Greg, you are not only retarded, but also uneducated you can't even read!

by Anonymousreply 272June 22, 2022 2:56 PM

Oh, and R246's photo of me is hilarious.

But the sad, "I hate you, Greg" amuses me endlessly!

by Anonymousreply 273June 22, 2022 2:59 PM

Enough debating. Refined people support me wholly. I have a fun game we can play! It will challenge fans and aspiring gourmands "en tout" and stump the idiot critics who are jealous of moi!

I will post an important receipt (a la Downton!) and leave out a key ingredient. You can guess what is missing and I shall reveal all. No Googling though! Shall we play? I only have so much time to spare so will wait for un(lol)critical mass!

by Anonymousreply 274June 22, 2022 3:03 PM

I am waiting!

by Anonymousreply 275June 22, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote] Enough debating. Refined people support me wholly. I have a fun game we can play! It will challenge fans and aspiring gourmands "en tout" and stump the idiot critics who are jealous of moi! I will post an important receipt (a la Downton!) and leave out a key ingredient. You can guess what is missing and I shall reveal all. No Googling though! Shall we play? I only have so much time to spare so will wait for un(lol)critical mass!

Obviously, the dimwit who posted R274 is not me. I know how to spell "recipe."

I am happy to play this game, but just know I am not the author of that post.

by Anonymousreply 276June 22, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote] I'd have more respect for Greg if he authenticated.

Sorry, R248, you'll just have to live with what little respect you have.

by Anonymousreply 277June 22, 2022 3:13 PM

Greg submitted his best recipe for my Church Ladies League cookbook.

Tomato Surprise

Tomatoes Mayonnaise Salt

Well surprise surprise.

by Anonymousreply 278June 22, 2022 3:24 PM

Actually, R278, I LOVE a good tomato sandwich. A vine-ripened juicy tomato sliced and served on some delicious sourdough bread, with some good mayonnaise, Maldon Salt, and freshly ground pepper. Delicious! One of summer's treats.

by Anonymousreply 279June 22, 2022 4:29 PM

Yes, yes R279. And I threw your recipe out just like I did with Iola’s 7 Bean Salad.

by Anonymousreply 280June 22, 2022 6:23 PM

Greg saying he never threw a hissy fit and then proceeds to throw a hissy fit. What a sad cunt you are Greg. For someone with such an allegedly full and wonderful life, you sure seem to find the time to respond to the losers like me on here.

by Anonymousreply 281June 23, 2022 12:15 AM

Anybody else think the dude's just manic and shows up during her cycles? It would explain a lot. The incessant energy, the frenetic rapid fire replies, the detachment from reality.

by Anonymousreply 282June 23, 2022 12:17 AM

I think you're right, R282. These comments will precipitate an onslaught of defiant replies from our mentally unwell interloper.

by Anonymousreply 283June 23, 2022 12:24 AM

Someone’s prunes are going to get stomped tonight, R283. First they’ll be soaked in brandy though.

by Anonymousreply 284June 23, 2022 12:29 AM

NPD with manic tendencies pretty well covers the bases.

by Anonymousreply 285June 23, 2022 12:37 AM

R 11 here, I'll just post my previous observation, still true for all you jealous haters..

Stuck in the persona from that ancient tome..Boys in the Band. There's fun snark, & then there's that rancid insulting stereotype of the jealous nasty gay man. Why oh why descend into that vile space?. You make yourself so pathetic, so unloveable.

Many of us who would like to cook better enjoy & use Greg. For the rest of you haters, Heard Mickey D's might be having a summer sale on Big Mac's soon.

by Anonymousreply 286June 23, 2022 12:30 PM

R286. Perfectly valid responses to a poster who spams the board. Your post... I'd take nasty over nasty hypocrite any day.

by Anonymousreply 287June 23, 2022 12:43 PM

[quote] Perfectly valid responses to a poster who spams the board. Your post... I'd take nasty over nasty hypocrite any day.

Please say more!

by Anonymousreply 288June 23, 2022 3:00 PM

[Quote]There's fun snark, & then there's that rancid insulting stereotype of the jealous nasty gay man.

Gay? Yes. Nasty? Sometimes. Jealous? No. Sorry! You'll have to just face the fact that Greg isn't everyone's cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 289June 23, 2022 8:30 PM

There's not your cup of tea & you move on. Then there is this middle school bitchy pimple face jealous girl pile on that happens. Don't like it & will call it out.

Many people, places, things, including threads here are not my thing. I just move on from them. I try above all things not to descend into asinine stereotypes of bitchy, screechy, hand flapping gay man. I don't want to be that person, ever.

by Anonymousreply 290June 23, 2022 8:37 PM

R290 Right on. I call them bully queens.

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Just tell me how to make the perfect mac and cheese.

by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2022 8:48 PM

^ No DOOOn't I'm dieting!

by Anonymousreply 293June 23, 2022 9:04 PM

I will post my go to recipe for mac & cheese.

by Anonymousreply 294June 23, 2022 10:22 PM

Almost none of the posts here are nasty. We're just having fun! If you want to see nasty, check on the guy who stalks E_dwin.

by Anonymousreply 295June 23, 2022 10:26 PM

At least there's a reason to pick on Edweeeeen, r295. There is no reason to cunt at greg the way you cunts do. No reason.

by Anonymousreply 296June 23, 2022 10:28 PM

I like the rich irony of someone instructing "Many people, places, things, including threads here are not my thing. I just move on from them. I try above all things not to descend into asinine stereotypes of bitchy, screechy, hand flapping gay man. I don't want to be that person, ever" and then posting multiple times in a thread titled 'why do we hate/make fun of Greg?'

Consistency, thou are a jewel.

by Anonymousreply 297June 24, 2022 11:39 AM

A menu for Greg Haters:

Starter - French Funyun Soup

Main - burger à la McDonald's

Dessert - a packet of Ding Dongs

by Anonymousreply 298June 24, 2022 11:50 AM

Damn right R 297. I'm on this thread a load, cause Greg has been kind to me. I've got his back since he has mine. Know you don't have friends like this in you life, so you don't get it. I'll defend him from the Mickey D patrons on the thread who try & trash him. I'm the kind of friend that shows up with the shovel to help you hide the body.

by Anonymousreply 299June 24, 2022 12:35 PM

It is interesting how all threads about La Gordita Puta get nuked, yet all these Greg threads stay up.

At least Greg doesn’t gorge himself with a diet of shitty fast food multiple times a day. Or has fantasy boyfriends from Chaturbate. Or encourages conversion therapy. I’ll stop there.

by Anonymousreply 300June 24, 2022 2:43 PM

Dear R292, here you go!

This is an easy and delicious way to prepare macaroni & cheese. This custard-based method results in an incredibly silky sauce that is not grainy. Why evaporated milk? The evaporation and sterilization process stabilizes the milk, which in turn stabilizes the mac & cheese, resulting in a deliciously silky sauce.

[bold] GREG'S FAVORITE GO-TO RECIPE FOR MACARONI & CHEESE [/bold]

[bold] Ingredients [/bold]

[bold] BREAD CRUMB TOPPING [/bold]

2 Tablespoons unsalted butter

1 cup fresh bread crumbs or panko

1 ounce sharp Wisconsin cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)

[bold] CREAMY MAC & CHEESE [/bold]

2 large eggs

1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk

1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon dry mustard, dissolved in 1 teaspoon water

1/2 pound of macaroni (I like using gemelli but you can use elbow or any other pasta you like)

4 Tablespoons unsalted butter

11 ounces sharp Wisconsin cheddar, American, or Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 2 3/4 to 3 cups)

[bold] Procedure [/bold]

[bold] 1. For the bread crumb topping [/bold]: Heat butter in large sauté pan over medium heat until foam subsides. Add 1 cup of bread crumbs or panko; cook, tossing to coat with butter, until crumbs just begin to color. Season to taste with kosher salt; set aside. When cool, stir in cheese.

[bold] 2. For the macaroni & cheese [/bold]: Mix eggs, 1 cup evaporated milk (this is not the entire can), hot pepper sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and mustard mixture in small bowl and set aside.

3. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and macaroni; cook until almost tender but still a little firm to the bite. Drain and return to pan over low heat. Add the 4 Tablespoons butter and toss to melt.

4. Pour the egg mixture over the buttered macaroni, along with three-quarters of the cheese; stir until thoroughly combined and cheese starts to melt. Gradually add remaining evaporated milk and remaining cheese, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and creamy, about 5 minutes.

5. Pour cooked macaroni & cheese into a 9-inch square baking dish (or a similarly sized ovenproof dish). Spread crumbs evenly over top. Place dish under a preheated broiler (the oven rack should be about 6 inches from the broiler). Broil until the crumbs turn a deep golden brown (1 to 2 minutes but keep a careful eye on this!). Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 minutes.

[bold] Note: [/bold] If you don't want to bother with the crumbs and the broiler, just follow the recipe but use 12 ounces of cheese (about 3 cups), rather than 11 ounces, and serve the hot and creamy macaroni and cheese from the saucepan. You can also make some buttered toasted crumbs and just sprinkle over each serving.

This recipe will serve 4 people as a main course or 6 to 8 people as a side dish.

by Anonymousreply 301June 24, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]It is interesting how all threads about La Gordita Puta get nuked, yet all these Greg threads stay up.

Muriel seems to be afraid of Ed1win.

by Anonymousreply 302June 24, 2022 3:31 PM

Thank you Greg, what a lovely recipe.

by Anonymousreply 303June 24, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote]I'm the kind of friend that shows up with the shovel to help you hide the body.

he's not your FRIEND, CUNT. he's just a troll on the internet. go on a walk and he can go fuck himself

by Anonymousreply 304June 24, 2022 4:02 PM

[quote] he's not your FRIEND, CUNT. he's just a troll on the internet. go on a walk and he can go fuck himself

Sounds like you're having a challenging day. I hope you feel better soon. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 305June 24, 2022 7:48 PM

[quote] Thank you Greg, what a lovely recipe.

Thanks, R303! It's very good—I hope you'll try it.

by Anonymousreply 306June 24, 2022 7:49 PM

Greg:

Husband of Husbear who has to eat lowfat, here. Love all your help...But you are the devil!!! Mac & cheese, my personal heroin! I'm not even going to peek at the recipe, lest I be tempted to gain try it

Will be doing Boston Butt Sunday or Monday. Thanks again for taking the time to type it out for me twice!

And to R304 who loves to chide me, I'll say it again. I don't care if Greg is a troll, if he's real or memorex. He is helping me to keep the love of my life my cardiac compromised husband alive.

by Anonymousreply 307June 24, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote] Husband of Husbear who has to eat lowfat, here. Love all your help...But you are the devil!!! Mac & cheese, my personal heroin! I'm not even going to peek at the recipe, lest I be tempted to gain try it. Will be doing Boston Butt Sunday or Monday. Thanks again for taking the time to type it out for me twice! And to [R304] who loves to chide me, I'll say it again. I don't care if Greg is a troll, if he's real or memorex. He is helping me to keep the love of my life my cardiac compromised husband alive.

Hi, R307! Hahaha! This mac & cheese is so good. Try it sometime. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the braised pork!

R304 is more to be pitied than censured.

by Anonymousreply 308June 25, 2022 1:18 AM

Greg, R301 sounds really good, but I got a heart attack whilst reading it.

by Anonymousreply 309June 25, 2022 9:29 AM

R299 is the saddest reply I have ever read on DL. That's a high, high bar.

by Anonymousreply 310June 25, 2022 12:51 PM

[quote] Greg, [R301] sounds really good, but I got a heart attack whilst reading it.

Why, Cinesnatch? This serves four people contains 6 Tablespoons of butter. Evaporated milk is nutritious. 3-ounces of cheese per serving.

This is hardly likely to cause cardiac failure.

by Anonymousreply 311June 25, 2022 12:54 PM

Two things I didn't mention:

1. I like to add some grated parmesan or Romano cheese to the 1 ounce sharp Wisconsin cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese in the buttered crumb mixture.

2. If you like, you can rub the empty baking dish with a cut clove of garlic which give your mac & cheese a light garlic taste. I don't do this, however.

by Anonymousreply 312June 25, 2022 12:58 PM

Dear pollster, There is no such thing as too gay!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 313June 25, 2022 1:07 PM

Greg smells funny.

by Anonymousreply 314June 25, 2022 1:10 PM

[quote] Greg smells funny.

Funny? How so?

by Anonymousreply 315June 25, 2022 1:25 PM

Greg smells like freshly baked pie!

by Anonymousreply 316June 25, 2022 2:21 PM

R299..Sad? High bar?

Guess you never learned how to be a stand-up guy, a real friend. We gutter guys know how to get real friends..by being one ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 317June 25, 2022 2:32 PM

I have "Greg" ignored. Some of the things I've noticed is even though it said it posted on threads it didn't start or doesn't have his name in the header, it doesn't, at least not under "Greg". The other thing I've noticed since I have huge chunks of comments missing is that when "Greg" threads start going down the page there will be a flurry of it posting furiously to get it back up the page. The troll has nothing else to do.

by Anonymousreply 318June 25, 2022 3:07 PM

R318, it’s clear that a lot of people here are too easily taken in by scammers, nuts and trolls. I hope they are not like this in real life. I’ve always been cynical and skeptical (probably too much so sometimes) and I thought that was something that was kind of ingrained in gays/lesbians. It should be easy for us to spot disingenuous posters here, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 319June 25, 2022 3:40 PM

One of Minnie's pies R316.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2022 4:58 PM

R319 Comparing Greg to a scammer in a roundabout way is a bit much. Even if Greg does post as other personas, or anonymously, what real harm has he caused anyone?

..."taken in by" Interesting choice of words for those enjoying his food and cooking threads. Really, we're hostages to Greg's food porn. so there's that; one could argue.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2022 6:23 PM

I loved Greg in To Kill A Mockingbird.

by Anonymousreply 322June 25, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote] it’s clear that a lot of people here are too easily taken in by scammers, nuts and trolls. I hope they are not like this in real life. I’ve always been cynical and skeptical (probably too much so sometimes) and I thought that was something that was kind of ingrained in gays/lesbians. It should be easy for us to spot disingenuous posters here, but apparently not.

Am I a scammer? A nut? A troll? Disingenuous?

I love how sharing excellent recipes with people makes me one or more of those things!

Peace.

by Anonymousreply 323June 26, 2022 4:42 PM

Maybe. Yes. Yes. Definitely Yes.

Honey, you know what you are. People have been telling you your entire life.

by Anonymousreply 324June 26, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote] Maybe. Yes. Yes. Definitely Yes. Honey, you know what you are. People have been telling you your entire life.

Not really, but thanks for sharing your opinion and trying to make me feel bad.

You should try my mac & cheese recipe—you'll love it!

Peace.

by Anonymousreply 325June 26, 2022 5:04 PM

Does it get confusing at times, Greg, with so many accounts?? Or do you assign each of your multiple personalities an email address? Do you pay for all of your accounts? Is that covered by your medical insurance?

Where do you get most of your recipes? Do you have stacks of 1970s housewife magazines strewn about your attic? Next to the perfectly preserved bodies of your mother and several opossums??

by Anonymousreply 326June 26, 2022 5:21 PM

Yes, R 326. Greg does his own home. et vous?

by Anonymousreply 327June 26, 2022 8:29 PM

[quote] Yes, R 326. Greg does his own home. et vous?

What does this mean? "Greg does his own home."

by Anonymousreply 328June 27, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote] Does it get confusing at times, Greg, with so many accounts?? Or do you assign each of your multiple personalities an email address? Do you pay for all of your accounts? Is that covered by your medical insurance? Where do you get most of your recipes? Do you have stacks of 1970s housewife magazines strewn about your attic? Next to the perfectly preserved bodies of your mother and several opossums??

[bold] Q. Does it get confusing at times, Greg, with so many accounts?? [/bold]

A. No, not at all. I am used to juggling a lot of things. I've been doing this for years.

[bold] Q. Or do you assign each of your multiple personalities an email address? [/bold]

A. No, I don't feel the need to do this.

[bold] Q. Do you pay for all of your accounts? [/bold]

A. Yes, of course I do!

[bold] Q. Is that covered by your medical insurance? [/bold]

A. No, but perhaps I should look into that.

[bold] Q. Where do you get most of your recipes? [/bold]

A. As I have said before, over the years, I have developed my own recipes from lots of trial & error. I generally look to the following for recipes and then I adapt them: Anne Burrell, Alfred Portale, Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, Gordon Ramsay, "Cook's Illustrated," "Fine Cooking," "Cook's Country" (from America's Test Kitchen).

[bold] Do you have stacks of 1970s housewife magazines strewn about your attic? Next to the perfectly preserved bodies of your mother and several opossums?? [/bold]

No. I do not have an attack and my mother is still very much alive.

Thank you for these questions! Always happy to respond to fans.

by Anonymousreply 329June 27, 2022 1:47 PM

[quote] I do not have an attack...

[bold] CORRECTION: [/bold] 'attack' should have been 'attic.'

by Anonymousreply 330June 27, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote] Q. Where do you get most of your recipes?

[bold] ADDITION: [/bold] I should have included Ina Garten in this list. Sometimes Martha Stewart (see Poached Cod in Tomato Sauce with Prunes), but, as much as I love her, I don't think Martha's recipes are as reliable as Ina's.

Also, I often look to Sally McKenney for recipes for baked goods (Sally's Baking Addiction).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331June 27, 2022 1:56 PM

Greg’s guests would likely be dismayed to learn that most of his dishes have a smattering of fecal content. I should know, I’m his sister.

by Anonymousreply 332June 27, 2022 2:01 PM

[quote] Greg’s guests would likely be dismayed to learn that most of his dishes have a smattering of fecal content. I should know, I’m his sister.

I told you I was hardcore.

PS, it's more than just a smattering.

by Anonymousreply 333June 27, 2022 2:04 PM

For baked goods, I also use recipes from San Francisco's Tartine Bakery.

If you like scones, they have a really wonderful recipe that I love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 27, 2022 2:08 PM

[Quote]PS, it's more than just a smattering

Greg...why is there corn in my prunes?

by Anonymousreply 335June 27, 2022 2:09 PM

I should also point out that I caught Greg stealing my bra & panties when we were teenagers. It was not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 336June 27, 2022 2:16 PM

Where do I get my recipes?

Why, I plagiarize. (I call it "developing" . . . lol)

by Anonymousreply 337June 27, 2022 2:17 PM

[quote] Greg...why is there corn in my prunes?

I couldn't say, but please enjoy the linked article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 27, 2022 2:40 PM

[quote] Where do I get my recipes? Why, I plagiarize. (I call it "developing" . . . lol)

I don't think using recipes that appear in cookbooks and online is considered plagiarism. And, as I said, I take something from one recipe and add something I like from another recipe. People here don't seem to understand that. It's really quite simple. For example, I love Anne Burrell's recipe for pot roast, but I don't like her generous use of tomatoes, so I've changed that. I also don't use nearly as much garlic.

You're probably just trying to be funny and it's unlikely that you cook very much.

by Anonymousreply 339June 27, 2022 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!