Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dan Goldman Running for Congress in the NY 10th

Dan Goldman, the former lead counsel for House Democrats in their first impeachment of former President Trump, is planning to jump into the crowded Democratic primary in New York’s 10th Congressional District.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2022 6:06 AM

Kind of sexy even though I don't go for Jewish guys.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2022 1:17 PM

He will face several contenders like former Mayor Bill de Blasio, Rep. Mondaire Jones, Assemblywoman Yuh-Line Niou and Councilwoman Carlina Rivera.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2022 1:35 PM

Will Goldman or Jon Ossoff become our first Jewish President?

I'd be more than content with either.

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2022 1:40 PM

I was sort of hoping that Daniel Goldman would get a show on MSNBC. I think he would be pretty good as a host.

by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2022 2:58 AM

Yes daddy!

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2022 3:03 AM

As someone said in another thread open congressional seats don't come often in NYS. As such everyone and their mother seems to be entering this race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2022 3:07 AM

Daniel Goldman would make an excellent MSNBC host.

Goldman's delivery, demeanor, knowledge and presence would be quite welcome. Besides, as a gay man, I'm getting a bit weary of all the women and gay men that MSNBC trots out. Bring on Danny boy. Well, I guess that's not possible for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2022 3:13 AM

R1 = Barbara Thorndyke

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2022 3:19 AM

He was amazing to watch during the impeachment trial.

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2022 3:24 AM

As of today here is most recent list of candidates from democrat side.

Bill de Blasio, Yuh-Line Niou, Carlina Rivera, Jo Anne Simon, Mondaire Jones, Daniel S Goldman, Elizabeth Holtzman, Maud Maron.

Elizabeth Holtzman is about same age as Diane Feinstein for goodness sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2022 4:13 AM

He looked tired and too eager in his announcement on MSNBC. Surprised to learn he has 5 children. Who has 5 kids these days? Vote for any of them but NOT DeBlasipuss!

by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2022 4:24 AM

DLers from NY10, you know who to vote for!

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2022 4:29 AM

Mr. Goldman had two children from his first marriage (ended in divorce), then went on to have three more with second wife.

What can one say? Many Jewish families love having lots of kids....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2022 4:37 AM

He would have made a great tv host, but will be an even better Congressman. Good luck to him. I hope he wins.

Whatever gave DeBlasio the idea he’ll ever be elected again?

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2022 4:43 AM

I read somewhere that the new 10th district in NY is heavily Jewish. That should give Dan a good chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2022 7:47 PM

NY-10 runs from lower Morningside Heights on westside of Manhattan, down through UWS onto Mid-Town west, Chelsea, West Village, Tribeca, Soho, Lower Manhattan and into Brooklyn. Only few of those areas are heavily Jewish, UWS, bits of Morningside Heights, and Borough Park.

If Jews (liberal, progressive, reformed and Orthodox) turn out in huge numbers, that could sway things Dan Goldman's way I suppose. But this is going to be a crowded field and NYC voters are famously apathetic.

Nadler won in 2020 with 64% of vote, which sounds impressive until you see voter turnout was only 30%.

Since no republican has won this area since 1920, whoever carries primary surely will win in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2022 8:02 PM

Was shocked Brad Hoylman pulled out of race so quickly. Likely Albany or NYC democrat bosses sat him down and told him to stay where he is (state senate). Or maybe his husband wasn't too thrilled about moving house to Washington, D.C. Hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2022 8:04 PM

R16 did you bother to read your own link?

[quote] Demographically, it includes neighborhoods in Manhattan and Brooklyn that are heavily Jewish.

[quote] New York’s 10th district has the largest number (270,000) and the highest percentage of Jews (37.6%) of any congressional district.

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2022 8:13 PM

Holtzman is Jewish, too, though I don't think she's been in politics for many years, other than sharing her opinions on MSNBC and the like.

by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2022 8:23 PM

R18

Math obviously isn't your strong suit. Even at 37% Jewish that does not translate into winning an election if the other 63% vote elsewhere.

If Nader thought he could win with Jewish vote alone he wouldn't have abandoned this district to run against Maloney.

Don't know about yourself, but I actually live in Manhattan and know UWS, Morningside Heights, Hell's Kitchen on down through West Village and onto SoHo, Tribeca and FiDi.

West side has experienced huge population growth over past decade or so, as has parts of Brooklyn included in this district. Nadler largely kept winning because of voter apathy (low turnout). Thus it will be interesting to see if this new race shakes things up.

Finally not all Jews vote on same issues. What Hasidic Orthodox Jews in Borough Park aren't always on same page as UWS or Morningside Heights Jews.

by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2022 8:32 PM

I'm surprised more of these former AUSAs aren't running. I guess now that they have their very nice pensions they don't want to work for the govt anymore. More money elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2022 8:34 PM

So he's not a ghey?

by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2022 8:35 PM

Unfortunately Nadler is running against Carolyn Maloney because of redistricting, and I like both of them.

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2022 8:35 PM

Have no idea what prompted Holtzman to come out of the woodwork for this race. Maybe Gail Brewer (who am surprised hasn't thrown her hat into this race), put the word in Ms. Holtzman's ear.

Mondaire Jones isn't even from City, but is running for NYS-10 since he was warned off going after Jamaal Bowman's seat. Jones is totally unknown in city and certainly Brooklyn. He's going to play the black and gay card calling area of Brooklyn that is part of district another "Stonewall" and heart of gay community or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2022 8:38 PM

Holtzman? There's a blast from the past. She has been even thought about in at least 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 25June 3, 2022 8:42 PM

Nope....

by Anonymousreply 26June 3, 2022 8:44 PM

Am surprised Christine Quinn, Corey Johnson or some other white gay or lesbian from Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen or West Village hasn't thrown their hat into ring yet.

Erik Bottcher is too wet behind ears politically to even know how to make it work.

by Anonymousreply 27June 3, 2022 8:47 PM

Quinn is still probably living off the money Bloomberg might have given her to allow him to run a 3rd time after she somehow was able to allow him to run with some loophole.

by Anonymousreply 28June 3, 2022 8:50 PM

Quinn and Johnson are both deeply disliked in NYC and viewed as even worse grifters than most local machine politicians.^

Does Corey Johnson have a new job yet? You know he is only a high-school graduate. He spent one month in college, probably partying the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 29June 3, 2022 8:51 PM

Johnson lost his run for City Comptroller. This is the person who oversees the City budget. People pointed out he lacked even a BA and was totally unfit.

by Anonymousreply 30June 3, 2022 8:54 PM

IIRC Ritchie Torres doesn't have a college degree either, but that hasn't stopped him from being elected to Congress.

by Anonymousreply 31June 3, 2022 8:56 PM

Johnson also has a messy psychological status. He's talked a lot about his depression.

by Anonymousreply 32June 3, 2022 9:00 PM

Johnson also has a messy psychological status. He's talked a lot about his depression.

by Anonymousreply 33June 3, 2022 9:00 PM

Corey Johnston didn't lose by a huge margin, it was about 51% to 48%.

As to current occupation Johnston started up some sort of lobbying/advising firm.

" An Israeli tech firm hired Johnson as its United States government relations advisor, with a focus on New York. He will advise and "liaise with municipal and state officials"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2022 9:01 PM

^ sorta grifting then

by Anonymousreply 35June 3, 2022 9:03 PM

I've seen him several times giving opinion on news programs. He's very knowledgeable and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 36June 3, 2022 9:13 PM

[R29] College snobs like yourself are why many have left the Democratic Party. Moderate voters are tired of east and west coast similar college elite liberal smugness. We Democrats are big tent. We accept all, regardless of education. Many Democratic top priorities are for programs that assist those w/o degrees. Like housing, living wage, health care, workers' rights, and social justice. This PEW study is informative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 3, 2022 9:30 PM

The list of Democrats not running for Congress in NY-10 is shorter.

by Anonymousreply 38June 3, 2022 9:31 PM

Corey Johnson with his attempt to run the fur trade out of Chelsea (animal rights) would not be popular in middle America, R37. He is the quintessential elite Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 39June 3, 2022 9:36 PM

[quote] [R18] Math obviously isn't your strong suit. Even at 37% Jewish that does not translate into winning an election if the other 63% vote elsewhere.

R20 In a crowded primary 37% gives you a good chance of winning, which are the exact words I used. I didn't say he would definitely win.

I guess English isn't your strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 40June 4, 2022 1:26 AM

Again what part of Jewish vote being not monolith don't you understand?

If Nadler could have sewn up that 37% (or believed he could), never would have abandoned this NY-10 district to run against Maloney. Orthodox Jews in Borough Park, Williamsburg and few other areas of Brooklyn vote in block for whoever Rebbe tells them to, UWS and other areas of Manhattan just don't roll that way.

Nadler's base has always been UWS/Manhattan liberal democrat When or if things aligned with Jewish interests, fine, but otherwise it was an open question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2022 12:27 PM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2022 12:27 PM

See also...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2022 12:30 PM

Just my opinion but I think Goldman has the intelligence, charisma and, let's face it, the good looks to make apathetic NYers much less apathetic. He is a man who makes Jews proud of their heritage.

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2022 1:43 PM

Money to burn: Goldman pumping millions into television in NY-10 contest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2022 12:05 AM

Dan Goldman is on Anderson Cooper right now and looking mighty fine.

by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2022 12:18 AM

Dan Goldman's New York apartment that became so familiar to MSNBC viewers was a rental that the owner sold and Dan had to move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 12, 2022 12:23 AM

I live in the district and I’m not really feeling him. He doesn’t seem particularly clued in the hyper local issues drive turn out in these kinds of elections. And he doesn’t seem particularly engaged with local community organizations.

But if he’s a good prosecutor, maybe he should run against Alvin Bragg for Manhattan DA in 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 48August 12, 2022 12:34 AM

I am disheartened that yet another mega-rich white dude wants to buy an election.

by Anonymousreply 49August 12, 2022 12:50 AM

I'll vote for anyone it takes to keep that Nazi bitch Niou out. But Goldman is a NIMBY so Carlina is my first choice. And yeah the $22 million apartment at r47 is just the icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 50August 12, 2022 12:55 AM

Daniel Goldman is HOT !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2022 6:42 PM

I think I saw some big bulge pictures of him. Does anyone want to track them down?

by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2022 7:55 PM

He just won the highly coveted Trump endorsement!

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2022 6:38 AM

R53, it's obvious Trump did it to fuck with him.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2022 7:05 AM

[quote]I'll vote for anyone it takes to keep that Nazi bitch Niou out

Someone isn't a Nazi just because you're a Zionist lunatic, Mr. Kahane.

by Anonymousreply 55August 18, 2022 7:09 AM

Awg.

by Anonymousreply 56August 18, 2022 7:24 AM

it's obvious Trump did it to fuck with him.

or..... 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑡? Endorsing the legitimate best man makes the dems answer the question do they serve the party or the lifetime squatters in office.

by Anonymousreply 57August 18, 2022 8:01 AM

r55 Yeah it's totally a coincidence that this bitch's district has more antisemitic hate crimes than anywhere in the country.

by Anonymousreply 58August 18, 2022 7:01 PM

He has a very fat ass! I'll give him credit for that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 18, 2022 7:02 PM

Try to be more stealth, r57. On the other hand, your transparency *is* helpful.

by Anonymousreply 60August 18, 2022 7:09 PM

He's way to conservative, he's an heir to Levi's. And he was endorsed by the NY times, by someone he has long standing ties to. He also has a spotty record on abortion rights and he's against court reform etc. He's to conservative of a Democrat for me. I get he's a wealthy Democrat and establishment because he has money. But that doesn't work for everyday Americans who aren't heirs to massive billion dollar family fortunes. He's just not a good candidate in my opinion for the reasons listed.

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2022 4:21 PM

I'm confused (not American.) Is this the primary contest or the run up to November? Is there more than one Democratic running?

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2022 4:47 PM

I believe this is the primary contest. Yes, there's more than one person running, because this seat is up for grabs because of redistricting.

I'm not from NY state. But this is what I've read.

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2022 4:51 PM

The courts gave the Repubs a win when the Dems got overzealous redrawing districts after the 2020 Census.

So because the maps got approved late, the campaign started late.

Today is the primary vote and the general will be I'm November.

by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2022 5:01 PM

Is Hot Daddy going to win?

by Anonymousreply 65August 23, 2022 10:42 PM

You know Dan Goldman has a thick, meaty dick and probably throws a hard fuck, then gets a warm washcloth to clean you off and wants to cuddle afterward.

Mrs. Goldman is a lucky lady.

by Anonymousreply 66August 23, 2022 11:10 PM

Goldman is trying to buy the seat. Today on radio it was reported he's spent $400,000 in mailings to voters. I received two in one day. Did NOT vote him.

by Anonymousreply 67August 23, 2022 11:21 PM

I didn't realize he was so pear shaped.

Looks like a desperate move, for someone like him, with his legally questionable antics, to be running.

by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2022 11:30 PM

"THE CITY" a New York website said only 3.3% of eligible voters came to the to polls for Early Voting since August 13th. Truth be told, we get stuck with lousy candidates because of apathy. Too many voters figure we're screwed no matter who gets elected. In some countries you're fined if you don't vote.

by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2022 11:40 PM

Looks like he's got a slight edge against the autistic Nazi. 25% of the vote still needs to be counted. A lot closer so far than the polls had it.

by Anonymousreply 70August 24, 2022 1:35 AM

Goldman is gonna win. Just as it should be. We need his voice in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2022 1:38 AM

I want to see his penis.

by Anonymousreply 72August 24, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote]Looks like he's got a slight edge against the autistic Nazi.

That sounds like a good thing, but I'm not a New Yorker.

by Anonymousreply 73August 24, 2022 1:40 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he runs in 2024. He's better looking than Gavin and Beto. And he's a fellow billionaire like trump so he can self-fund.

by Anonymousreply 74August 24, 2022 1:45 AM

Who, exactly, [italic]is[/italic] the autistic Nazi?

by Anonymousreply 75August 24, 2022 1:55 AM

r75 Yuh Niou-zi

by Anonymousreply 76August 24, 2022 1:57 AM

Is this a big dick? I can't tell. I see tell that it's circumcised but we already new that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 24, 2022 1:59 AM

Oh here I found one. You guys are right. That's pretty big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 24, 2022 2:01 AM

Steve Kornacki? Really? “Daniel Goldman comes from some money and spent a lot of that money.” He is also brilliant, personable and well spoken. He deserves to be elected and his “money” has nothing to do with it, Steve. #nomollyonelectionnight

by Anonymousreply 79August 24, 2022 2:06 AM

Hung daddy is barely hanging on - he's only up by 1%.

by Anonymousreply 80August 24, 2022 2:06 AM

[quote] Goldman is trying to buy the seat.

Looks like he did.

by Anonymousreply 81August 24, 2022 2:19 AM

New York nominations are always available for the right price.

by Anonymousreply 82August 24, 2022 2:22 AM

This was probably the most crowded congressional race in US history. 2 congress members, an NYC mayor, numerous local and state politicians.

by Anonymousreply 83August 24, 2022 2:25 AM

I’ve been curious to see if all the DL votes for him manage to give him the win.

by Anonymousreply 84August 24, 2022 2:29 AM

I would suck his cock to congratulate him; I would suck his cock to condole him.

by Anonymousreply 85August 24, 2022 2:31 AM

r84 He's up by 1000 votes in a race with 12 candidates so your theory is probably correct. But that bitch Steve Kornacki will never gives up credit.

by Anonymousreply 86August 24, 2022 2:33 AM

Saw him on Saturday electioneering in the Village. He's incredibly tall and solid. Didn't look for a bulge though.

by Anonymousreply 87August 24, 2022 2:34 AM

Rep. Jerry Nadler knocks off Carolyn Maloney in NY-12 battle of House Dems

Rep. Jerry Nadler was projected to cruise to victory in Tuesday’s contentious Democratic primary to represent New York’s 12th Congressional District, ousting longtime incumbent Rep. Carolyn Maloney after three decades in office to the dismay her longtime supporters.

As a celebratory Nadler addressed boosters on the Upper West Side Tuesday night, the mood at the Maloney party in Chelsea turned mutinous, as her supporters booed and jeered the House Judiciary Committee chair’s televised speech, with some yelling “Traitor!”

With almost two-thirds of the district’s vote scanners reporting, Nadler had 55.9% of the vote compared to just 25.1% for Maloney. Attorney Suraj Patel, who was challenging Maloney for a third consecutive cycle, had 17.8%.

Nadler said both Rep. Carolyn Maloney and Suraj Patel called him tonight to concede defeat.

The contest got extra-ugly in the final weeks before primary day, as Maloney raged that Nadler was “lying” by taking credit for delivering funding for the Second Avenue subway.

She also hit him for remaining loyal to former city Comptroller Scott Stringer, even after he was accused of sexually harassing two women — an allegation that torpedoed Stringer’s mayoral bid last year.

Maloney then quoted a Post editorial that mocked Nadler as “this close to senile” for forgetting who he helped impeach as chair of the House Judiciary Committee.

“I think that you should read the editorial in the New York Post today,” Maloney told NY1 on Saturday, slamming Nadler for forgetting that he impeached ex-President George W. Bush “twice” — when he really meant former President Donald Trump.

“They call him ‘senile,’” said Maloney.

by Anonymousreply 88August 24, 2022 2:35 AM

r88 Suraj Patel is also a billionaire but he did a really good job of getting the press to ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 89August 24, 2022 2:36 AM

I don't care how much money Goldman has.

He's a Democrat, a longtime public servant, a great intellect (his MSNBC analysis of Trump was always terrific), and an able prosecutor (he kicked ass during the impeachment hearings).

These purity tests frustrate the fuck out of me.

by Anonymousreply 90August 24, 2022 2:40 AM

[quote]“They call him ‘senile,’” said Maloney.

I think Jerry Nadler isan oddm elfen little character, but that remark wasn't tough or strong, just desperate. Most people are unmoved by desperation.

by Anonymousreply 91August 24, 2022 2:44 AM

Ms. Maloney is just an asshole.

IIRC she pulled other shit like this in her race against Patel in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 92August 24, 2022 2:46 AM

[quote]He's a Democrat, a longtime public servant, a great intellect (his MSNBC analysis of Trump was always terrific), and an able prosecutor (he kicked ass during the impeachment hearings).

And he clearly has a nice cock.

The Editorial Board approves.

by Anonymousreply 93August 24, 2022 2:51 AM

Charlie Crist wins primary to face GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis in November:

Pelosi-backed House lawmaker beats progressive Nikki Fried in the Sunshine State

by Anonymousreply 94August 24, 2022 2:51 AM

John Fetterman is a billionaire too. But he gets to pretend to be working class because he wears a hoodie. Dan should try that look. Especially with a pair of grey sweatpants!

by Anonymousreply 95August 24, 2022 2:53 AM

What's the verdict on him? Straight, gay, or bi?

by Anonymousreply 96August 24, 2022 2:59 AM

I hope by some stroke of luck, Goldman is intact.

by Anonymousreply 97August 24, 2022 3:19 AM

They called it for Dan! It's CONGRESSMAN Big Dick Dilf now.

by Anonymousreply 98August 24, 2022 3:21 AM

it was not a great night for progressive candidates. Goldman and Maloney both hew much closer to the center.

by Anonymousreply 99August 24, 2022 3:27 AM

[quote]They called it for Dan! It's CONGRESSMAN Big Dick Dilf now.

At his victory speech, he should haul out the snake and show us its meaty head as a thank you to the volunteers and donors — and then promise if he wins, we get a look at the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 100August 24, 2022 3:29 AM

Goldman’s grandparents on his mother’s side were Richard N. Goldman and Rhoda H. Goldman, who was the great grand-niece of Levi Strauss.

His great-grandfather was Walter A. Haas, president of Levi Strauss & Co.; and his great great-grandfather was Abraham Haas the founder of the Smart & Final chain of food stores.

He's what my father would call a real Jew.

by Anonymousreply 101August 24, 2022 3:31 AM

[quote]a real Jew.

HAWT!

I'd take it from him anytime.

by Anonymousreply 102August 24, 2022 3:34 AM

r101 Not coincidentally, Levi's is now one of the wokest companies there is. I walked in to replace an old pair of jeans and walked out empty handed because they got rid of the men's and women's sections and made all their clothes "gender-neutral".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 24, 2022 3:35 AM

Older and Jewish voters came out for Nadler to save his bacon, justifying his political move in abandoning previous district and run for another that still had sizeable amount of "old" UWS electorate.

Be that as it may glad to see back of Carolyn Maloney, and Nadler given age and other issues shouldn't count on being around for another decade.

Like it or not NYC demographics are changing and that includes older Boomer and their parent's generation dying off. Suraj Patel may have lost this election, but his time (or someone similar) is coming. Youth will sooner or later win out if for nothing else but time is on their side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104August 24, 2022 3:36 AM

R99

Biaggi went down in flames as well.

Establishment, core or whatever you want to call them democrats were active not just here in NYC but elsewhere in country beating down (or back) woke progressive candidates. Huge sums via super PACs were poured into various NYS races in aid of that goal.

Whole "defund LE", "cancel the rent" and rest of woke democrat nonsense is getting old and provides red meat to GOP candidates. If democrats are to keep House and senate in November they need to have all their ducks in a row.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 24, 2022 4:43 AM

Yuh-Line Niou did surprisingly well at 24% to Dan Goldman's 26%.

Absentee ballots have yet to be counted so unless Niou concedes it's not over until it's over.

Carpet bagging Mondaire Jones went down in flames (18%), but not badly as Elizabeth Holtzman (4%).

Why Ms. Holtzman chose to run this race is anyone's guess. She hasn't held public office in decades and most voters don't know her from Eve. That's saying something considering how electorate most active in NYC elections skews towards those aged 50 plus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 24, 2022 6:18 AM

r106 The big winner was DeBlasio at 0.7%

by Anonymousreply 107August 24, 2022 6:28 AM

Holtzman was on MSNBC all the time during the Trump era providing analysis, and she was wonderful.

She's a legend who was in Congress during the Nixon impeachment hearings.

She clearly didn't invest in a social media or marketing team (or the right one) to get out there and tell her story, because it's great — and God bless her, anyone should run for office at 81 if they're fit to serve, and she is.

by Anonymousreply 108August 24, 2022 6:28 AM

He has serious BDF.

by Anonymousreply 109August 24, 2022 6:34 AM

Nadler won because he and Schumer said he he didn't win there would be no Jew representing New York, so all the Upper West Side Jews voted for him. In tody's headline he was referred to as "Jerry-Atric"

by Anonymousreply 110August 24, 2022 9:58 AM

And neanderthal New Yorkers hating women.

Maloney whined that she was the victim of “sexist systems and misogyny” as her supporters vented their wrath at her victorious opponent.

“I’m really sad that we no longer have a woman representing Manhattan in Congress,” Maloney told her teary-eyed boosters, later adding: “In Congress, it is that when women are at the table, great decisions get made.”

The longtime lawmaker also thanked great female New York leaders of the past like Shirley Chisholm and Geraldine Ferraro, who Maloney said “fought sexist systems and misogyny that continues today, as we know from my own campaign” — an obvious dig at Nadler.

by Anonymousreply 111August 24, 2022 10:10 AM

Maloney sucked and ran a shitty campaign accusing her "good friend" Nadler of being senile.

Talk about desperate. She was lucky she didn't lose to Patel in a head-to-head in 2020.

Get lost, bitch. Fix your wig. I don't care what your genitalia is—you were the weaker of two lame establishment choices. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 112August 24, 2022 10:16 AM

[quote]Establishment, core or whatever you want to call them democrats were active not just here in NYC but elsewhere in country beating down (or back) woke progressive candidates. Huge sums via super PACs were poured into various NYS races in aid of that goal.

Tell that to Astoria, who will have Democratic Socialists representing them at all levels--city, state, and federal--come January.

It was delightful to see the carpetbagging Elizabeth Crowley lose again.

by Anonymousreply 113August 24, 2022 12:28 PM

It makes me happy that so many progressives lost. Suck it AOC. Your endorsements meant nothing.

So delighted that stud Goldman won.

by Anonymousreply 114August 24, 2022 12:35 PM

Dan is looking extremely hot, dare I say even adorable, sitting in a brightly wall-papered red room in his home on Morning Joe right now! Look at those sexy blue striped socks! He's beaming, as he should.

by Anonymousreply 115August 24, 2022 1:36 PM

Oh, wait, he wasn't sitting at home as he's on the set with Willie and the gang now. That red wall-papered room was quite something!

by Anonymousreply 116August 24, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote] accusing her "good friend" Nadler of being senile.

She has a point.

by Anonymousreply 117August 24, 2022 1:59 PM

She sounds like SF mayor London Breed playing a card — sex for Mooney, Race for Breed. If people wanted you Carolyn, they would have voted for you. Getting beat by someone who may be senile tells you what they think of you.

by Anonymousreply 118August 25, 2022 3:33 AM

Dan is the Man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 25, 2022 9:18 AM

Good. I liked the work he did on the Impeachment and I'd be thrilled to have him in the House.

by Anonymousreply 120August 25, 2022 9:23 AM

As predicted Dan Goldman did well on west side of Manhattan (FiDi, Greenwich Village, West Village, Tribeca, SoHo), and Borough Park in Brooklyn.

Niou OTOH did well on east side of Manhattan (East Village, Lower East Side, China Town), but clobbered Dan Goldman in "woke" areas of Brooklyn (Carroll Gardens, Park Slope, Windsor Terrace, Red Hook, Cobble Hill, Prospect Heights.

Still it was a close race, and Dan Goldman (assuming he wins in November which is almost a certainty), only has two years before facing voters yet again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 25, 2022 11:39 AM

Voted for Goldman - happy he won. Same with Nadler - who used to be my district but now is the East Side. Centrist progressive Dem. But most important to me is effectiveness at getting something done - not sitting on the sidelines throwing out criticisms of her own party and making TikTok videos like AOC.

by Anonymousreply 122August 25, 2022 3:13 PM

"Still it was a close race, and Dan Goldman (assuming he wins in November which is almost a certainty), only has two years before facing voters yet again."

Hey stupid East Village Grieve- They ALL will face voters in TWO YEARS. Read the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 123August 29, 2022 5:55 AM

Yuh's supporters handling this as classy as you would expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 29, 2022 5:58 AM

It's something when you have serious, smart people in Congress like Goldman. And there are the MTG and Boebert clowns.

by Anonymousreply 125August 29, 2022 6:03 AM

Dems are anti-Jewish bigots? No!!

by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2022 6:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!