Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mädchen Amick

Why wasn’t she more successful? I just watched her in “Dream Lover,” costarring James Spader, and was awestruck by her beauty. I vaguely recalled her from “Twin Peaks,” but she looked absolutely ravishing in this film, to the point where I couldn’t even focus on the also very fetching Spader. In one courtroom scene, she has her hair slicked back into a low bun and could almost pass for Linda Evangelista. Incredible bone structure.

Plus, she was superlative in the part and was very convincing as this calculating, cold Hitchcockian femme fatale. She could have been Hollywood’s brunette answer to, say, Sharon Stone. So, why wasn’t she? I don’t recall seeing Mädchen in anything else; was she pushed as a movie star in the 90s, or…? Did she just have bad representation? It’s rare for someone virtually unknown to me to make such an impression. I Googled her and she still looks fantastic and youthful at 51. It bummed me out to see she’s been relegated to playing someone’s mom on CW trash like “Riverdale.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322October 27, 2022 10:36 PM

How lovely to have Mädchen Amick’s mom posting here on DL. Welcome!

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2022 10:18 AM

She was breathtaking on CPW.

Bad luck I guess.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2022 10:21 AM

Madchen was great in Twin Peaks 3.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2022 10:22 AM

One of the most jaw dropping, stone cold stunning women ever.

It was her name. It looks like it sounds like, it had something to do with the Third Reich. Producers/casting directors saw that name, sighed and said with a roll of the eyes "Get me Gwyneth" 🙄

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2022 10:24 AM

Don’t remember much about DREAM LOVER, except feeling unsettled by all the domestic violence and stalking.

Spader really only makes creepy movies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2022 10:26 AM

Wrong R1 I’m just curious as to why this unusually stunning and seemingly charismatic actress had such an underwhelming career, as I know virtually nothing about her.

Not to mention, the lady is 51, so mom is either pushing up daisies or in a nursing home - not on DL. But nice try. I will say, “Twin Peaks” produced some beautiful women, Sherilyn Fenn was also a perfect 10 whose career never really took off.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2022 10:27 AM

R6 Her name looks a mess. It's really her name. It doesn't look good on a marquee.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2022 10:30 AM

Maybe because she was unwilling to be a casting couch surfer like most attractive (and talentless) A-List Hollywood actresses were to get ahead.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2022 10:30 AM

As a kid in the '90s, I loved her in Stephen King's SLEEPWALKERS, which I watched repeatedly. Well, I was in love with Brian Krause, but she was so beautiful, too. They sure don't cast beautiful people in movies anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2022 10:32 AM

R8 I don't know she looks like 100% casting couch material. Maybe she fell out of somebody's graces? Did Weinstein have her?

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2022 10:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2022 10:34 AM

You can be too pretty or too beautiful for film. People don’t mind looking at stills of a gorgeous specimen as if the model is an inanimate object, but they don’t want to be asked to relate to them as a moving living breathing character with problems. Most people look ordinary, so they want to connect vicariously with the same—hence the enduring appeal of odd-looking character actors, especially in gritty dramas.

Not to mention the fact that objective model beauty is quite bland and forgettable, sometimes sexless. Hot attractive IRL people aren’t usually brittle statuesque 10s & 9s, they’re fun flirty 6s & 7s & 8s who telegraph that they know how to party or act charming or seem interesting.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2022 10:34 AM

I remember thinking she was gorgeous in the 90's.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2022 10:35 AM

Luv huh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2022 10:41 AM

R12 I think that has been James Marsden's problem. Too beautiful to play a relatable protagonist, but perfect in supporting roles as a '60s talk show (Hairspray) or a Disney Prince (Enchanted) or the snooty soon-to-be ex-fiance of the female lead in a chick flick (Notebook).

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2022 10:43 AM

*'60s talk show host

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2022 10:43 AM

So true R9, watching the film I just kept thinking about how you don’t see beauties like her in movies anymore. They’re all quirky, averagely pretty, relatable everywomen, UGH. Mädchen’s type of Old Hollywood, larger than life movie star beauty is a thing of the past. Shame, as I’m one of those who enjoys when marquee film stars look like gods and goddesses, not ordinary people who I could know. Angelina Jolie is the only current star who possesses this quality, but she’s getting up there.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2022 10:44 AM

Mädchen, you’ll be a Frau soon!

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2022 10:48 AM

A fair point R12. She was definitely too attractive to be effective in the Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock parts, which were en vogue then. That type of actress is unthreatening to the predominantly female fans, whereas a Mädchen is definitely threatening. She almost looks feline, ala Linda E. Still, Sharon Stone also possesses this icy, removed beauty and she made it work - to an extent.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2022 10:50 AM

Madchen has certainly aged better than Sherilyn, despite them being close in age. No one could touch these two in their prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2022 11:04 AM

I'd love if CPW became available to stream. All of the episodes or clips online are bad quality.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2022 11:05 AM

A striking cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2022 11:07 AM

R18 Omg, Frau Amick should be a DL icon

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2022 11:07 AM

I always found her name to be so weird.

Mädchen is German for "girl." Imagine naming your child "girl" or "boy." It's like you just couldn't be bothered. Only a number would be more dehumanizing.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2022 11:13 AM

Doesn't Donna mean 'lady' in Italian?

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2022 11:15 AM

Twin Peaks hat a couple of unconventional beauties that almost seemed outdated. Wonderful. I was in love with each one of them. And with Cooper too of course.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2022 11:15 AM

R24 I think at her age, Frau is more appropriate than Mädchen

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2022 11:15 AM

Linda means 'pretty girl' in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2022 11:15 AM

R28 Linda just means pretty

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2022 11:17 AM

But a pretty boy would be "lindo."

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2022 11:20 AM

For sure R26, they scream Old Hollywood and were out of place in the 90s amongst stars like Winona Ryder and Alicia Silverstone. It’s what made Sherilyn Fenn so effective in the Liz Taylor biopic. One of the few cases of pitch perfect casting for a biopic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2022 11:20 AM

R6 it's not the name. If Johnny Depp could make it in Germany and Brad Pit, too, why shouldn't Mädchen Amick make it in the US. (Depp means idiot in colloquial German.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2022 11:21 AM

Dream Lover is so underrated - one of my fave 90’s erotic thrillers, right up there with Basic Instinct for me. Madchen and James made a gorgeous couple and she was convincingly terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2022 11:24 AM

It’s not her name. “Renee Zellweger” made it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2022 11:33 AM

Colleen also means "girl" in Irish Gaelic. Hence it's only a thing among Irish Americans not Irish Irish.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2022 11:34 AM

I wasn't American.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2022 11:37 AM

Dana Ashbrook was gorgeous too like a painting and he still looks beautiful with silver hair. Bobby and Shelley were the hottest couple ever.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2022 11:38 AM

If Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Linda Fiorentino, Bryce Dallas Howard (hideous), Famke Janssen, Leighton Meester etc can hack it, then it’s not the name.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2022 11:41 AM

Madchen Amick, Brooke Shields, Jennifer Connelly, Mila Kunis, Vanessa Williams and Sherilyn Fenn when young were too beautiful to be relatable. I noticed most female celebs that fraus and gays worship aren't beautiful like them. Their beauty is sorta threatening because it's just so organic. Most divas and actresses are just dolled up and rely on hair, sex appeal and plastic surgery. There's exceptions like Elizabeth Taylor though mostly because she was a vocal gay ally.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2022 11:48 AM

R39, you do know that not everyone shares your ideas on what's beautiful? Eye, beholder and stuff?

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2022 11:51 AM

R37 I loved Dana in the BONNIE & CLYDE TV movie he made with LIFE GOES ON's Tracey Needham, another gorgeous young actress.

The film also featured MELROSE PLACE's Doug Savant as Bonnie's secret admirer/executioner and DL fave Betty Buckley as Bonnie's mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2022 12:01 PM

Dana was beyond gorgeous, David Lynch had a real penchant for finding the lookers, eh? Soap operas also cast for beauty (of course) but it’s always generic and vanilla types. The cast of Twin Peaks all look like they could be superstars in their own right, aside from poor Lara Flynn Boyle. She’d be the beauty on any other show but next to Mädchen, Sherilyn, Dana, Kyle etc she looked plain. No wonder she developed such a severe case of body dysmorphia/plastic surgery addiction, the poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2022 12:11 PM

[quote]Dana Ashbrook was gorgeous too like a painting

Is this also why he didn't become a bigger star?

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2022 12:12 PM

Maybe she should have called herself Madeline Amy?

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2022 12:13 PM

R42 Peggy Lipton was also stunning, despite being a more “mature” woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2022 12:15 PM

Goop probably sabotaged her.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2022 12:16 PM

Peggy was impossibly beautiful, the ultimate California surfer chick. She grew into her looks and got even better with age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2022 12:19 PM

I also thought she was gorgeous, and also her co-star, Australian actress Kylie Travis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2022 12:21 PM

Mädchen had perfect tits and a banging body. A true 10/10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2022 12:27 PM

Dana is interesting. Despite looking beautiful, he's geeky, smart, humble and goofy. Seems almost unaware of his looks. I don't think he was willing to whore himself out like other goodlooking male actors have done. He really likes making genre movies like horror and scifi. A proud scream king.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2022 12:30 PM

r49 Where is that from?

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2022 12:30 PM

Mädchen with her son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2022 12:46 PM

All Twin Peaks female casts look gorgeous (except Lana), they had that glamorous beauty that soon become outdated in the 90s in favour of the "plain looking girls like Winona.

None of them made it big

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2022 12:48 PM

She’s had a good run in Riverdale. I remember thinking how good she looked for her age with no obvious work done to her face, then she shows up this season with some obvious work done to her face.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2022 12:50 PM

R53 I don’t know that that look was ever “in” during the late 80s/90s (see Melanie Griffith and Meg Ryan for examples of popular leading ladies), I think David Lynch just likes that look and is an admirer of classic film noir and Old Hollywood. As evidenced by projects like Mulholland Dr. All the women of Twin Peaks deserved bigger careers but OP is right in that Mädchen Amick in particular has a level of talent and screen presence the others lack. She deserved real stardom.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2022 12:57 PM

He’s a cutie r52, biracial kids are often very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2022 12:59 PM

R30 Mädchen = girl in German. Linda doesnt mean girl/boy at all, it's like the jolie in 'Angelina Jolie'.

BTW, the Mädchen as a name sounds ridiculous in German. I doubt the German authorities would permit such a given name because someone with such a name would be made fun of all the time.

by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2022 1:00 PM

Dream Lover is ridiculous fun, a lot of money was used for the costumes and accessories. Everyone looks amazing but the look is still dated. The weak part of the film is the carnival sideshow insert, not needed.

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2022 1:00 PM

r49 That's what an actual nice boy looks like. Not the Kardashian grotesqueness of today.

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2022 1:00 PM

Agree 58 the apartment is utterly fabulous and Mädchen’s costuming/hair + makeup is gorgeous. I noticed they even splurged on outfitting her with an Hermès Kelly bag, she looked every inch the chic sophisticate.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2022 1:05 PM

R58 *

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2022 1:06 PM

IMOGEN POOTS. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2022 4:10 PM

She didn't have "it."

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2022 4:15 PM

While Winona was not as beautiful and glamorous as the Twin Peaks girls, I wouldn’t call her plain. She is pretty in an indie darling kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2022 5:27 PM

Winona and Alicia were pretty when young. Gwyneth was the plain one.

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2022 5:50 PM

Winona Ryder was not plain looking, what planet do you queens operate on? She was very pretty. Alicia Silverstone looked like every other JAP.

by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2022 1:02 AM

Also, Sharon Stone had a huge career in the 90s. She was classically beautiful, as was Demi Moore, another major star. Michelle Pfeiffer got a lot of work. Jennifer Connelly did some high profile, if shallow work. So the ridiculous argument they were "too beautiful" to be successful is lame. They weren't going to ever be America's Sweethearts because of their beauty, but that doesn't mean dead in the water.

I think the Twin Peaks just had bad luck with project choices. Sherilyn Fenn in particular was ruined by Boxing Helena. Also, none of them were good enough actresses to rise above bad material.

by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2022 1:08 AM

Jennifer Connelly certainly got out of the “if shallow” category with this… one of the most horrific scenes in movie history. A fearless and quite breathtaking performance in the entire film, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 25, 2022 2:16 AM

I adore her, but she had a bit of a weak voice, if I recall.

by Anonymousreply 69May 25, 2022 2:51 AM

She was effective as a mousy student turned smoldering seductress in this early 90s tv thriller.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2022 12:03 AM

I’ve worked with Madchen and Sherilyn. Both lovely and total sweethearts. That said, they just aren’t very good actresses.

by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2022 12:15 AM

R6 You must not know many 75-ish year old women. They are just as likely to be teaching a yoga class as sitting in a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2022 12:18 AM

Madchen & Peggy were so stunning, even while slumming it in those unflattering waitress costumes. The whole cast was very good looking (the men too) but I was more partial to Sherilyn & Sheryl.

The guys…Cooper, James, Bobby, hell, even Leland was a looker.

by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2022 1:22 AM

Gorgeous Benjamin Horne and his crazy-ass brother, Jerry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2022 1:43 AM

David Duchovny transing it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2022 1:48 AM

I think she looks phenomenol in Riverdale. Actually, I may be alone in this, but I think she looks better now than she did when she was younger

by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2022 1:49 AM

I liked Dream Lover but i hated the ending. It was too abrupt. I then discovered the original ending on YouTube. I don't understand why they cut it out.

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2022 4:10 AM

I forgot she was in Mad Men!

by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2022 10:52 AM

She wa a perfect MILF in Gossip girl with DL fave Chace Crawford

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2022 11:51 AM

Madchen has aged so much better than her costars on Twin Peaks. Especially poor Lara.

by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2022 3:14 PM

Heather Graham is also beautiful and was briefly in Twin Peaks. The only reason she was there was because Lara Flynn Boyle was a jealous bitch towards Sherilyn Fenn because she was dating Kyle McLachlan. Even though it was acting, Cooper and Audrey had a lot of chemistry. Cooper and Annie (Heather Graham's character) just didn't. They also added Billy Zane to the cast to be Audrey's love interest but again that was rushed. I actually liked Moira Kelly as Donna in Fire Walk With Me. Way more convincing as the sweet girl-next-door than Lara who always looked icy and sultry.

by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2022 3:57 PM

R81, Ilike both Lara and Moira but Moira definitely is more believable as the best friend of the most popular girl in school. It's easy to see why her Donna would always be in :Laura's shadow. Whereas Lara Flynn Boyle's Donna seems equally matched with Laura.

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2022 4:08 PM

[quote]Not to mention, the lady is 51, so mom is either pushing up daisies or in a nursing home

A woman in her 70s or 80s is necessarily dead or confined to a nursing home?

by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] Only a number would be more dehumanizing.

Fuck you, R24!

by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2022 4:20 PM

R24 Well, “Elle” is French for “she/her” and it is a common girl’s name. It doesn’t seem so bad.

by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2022 8:28 PM

Fenn received most of the attention for her role in Twin Peaks.. Most of that cast was uncommonly attractive.

by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2022 8:31 PM

Sherilyn Fenn even stood out in Wild at Heart with a cast of Nicolas Cage, Laura Dern and Willem Defoe. She had a very brief appearance but so striking and compelling in it.

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2022 9:01 PM

She’s a Nastassja Kinski type.

Sherilyn Fenn and Lara Flynn Boyle had very Irish beauty, which is exquisite up until age 30 and not a moment after.

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2022 9:14 PM

R82 Moira fits younger, innocent Donna who looks up to Laura. Moira even has a rounder face and seems younger. Lara fits angry and confused wannabe heroine and later bad girl Donna very well. Lara is a good actress but she didn't capture that soft, sheltered, ingenue side of Donna well, she's too sexy and seems worldly. Definitely would have been more of a rival to Laura on the social ladder with her looks. Even if she was available for Fire Walk With Me, I don't think she could have been as convincing as Moira.

This is why I find Sheryl Lee amazing because she pulled both the angelic and demonic sides of Laura Palmer so well.

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2022 9:15 PM

Doesn’t Elle tend to be short for Eleanor?

by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2022 9:16 PM

Also Adam roughly means man. Eve roughly means woman.

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2022 9:19 PM

[quote]Sherilyn Fenn even stood out in Wild at Heart with a cast of Nicolas Cage, Laura Dern and Willem Defoe. She had a very brief appearance but so striking and compelling in it.

She was also great in JUST ONE OF THE GUYS as the classmate who crushes on the cross-dressing protagonist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2022 9:54 PM

The twin peaks cast were all a few decades too late to be well cast by Hollywood. They would have flourished in the studio system at fox for example in the 40s and 50s with all those film noirs…

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2022 10:10 PM

She's insanely wealthy (married to an actual billionaire) and probably doesn't feel the need to audition for the roles along with the likes of Mira Sorvino.

by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2022 10:38 PM

I read she was offered a regular role on Baywatch at the start of her career but turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2022 11:41 PM

R94 Huh? Mädchen Amick is married to a little known singer/songwriter. Doubt she’d be playing the mom on Riverdale or doing Lifetime if she were married to a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2022 11:57 PM

R85 Please, Elle is a short version of several other female names as R90 points out. What you’re claiming is like saying: Because some men are called ‘Dick’, it is acceptable to name people after genitalia….

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2022 11:58 PM

R94 must be thinking of fellow 90s actress Jamie Gertz, who is the one married to a billionaire. But Mädchen is much, much more attractive than Jamie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2022 12:03 AM

I am the one married to a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2022 12:05 AM

Wow, she had two kids by the time she did CPW! Her son is almost 30 and her daughter is a year younger.

Mädchen, herself, is only 51.

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2022 12:05 AM

Madchen would have been more convincing as a dazed LA beauty in Less Than Zero. Jamie is pretty but is too East Coast and too Jewish (modeling back then favored the Northern European look).

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2022 12:06 AM

And I am the one who should be married to a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2022 12:07 AM

R98 ah, you beat me to it!

I decided to pause and answer a text.

by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2022 12:07 AM

Amanda Peet used to remind me of a less attractive Madchen Amick. Crazy that Peet ended up with a much bigger career, even headlining season two of “Dirty John” recently, despite looking pretty weathered.

by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote][R94] must be thinking of fellow 90s actress Jamie Gertz, who is the one married to a billionaire. But Mädchen is much, much more attractive than Jamie.

Gertz really is filthy rich. Won't look at her the same way again.

by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2022 12:20 AM

Worked with her for a bit on a show called Witches of East End. She was my favorite cast member. Super friendly with everyone, always on time, professional, often brought muffins or other baked goods in for the crew, a total sweetheart. She’s more talented than people give her credit for. She’s very beautiful in person but she’s so normal, you quickly move past it.

Julia Ormond also worked on the show and was fantastic as well. Jenna Dewan (married to Channing Tatum at the time, and damn did she make sure everyone knew it) was a nightmare, a very very difficult and demanding woman. Mädchen (+ Rachel Boston) could not stand Jenna, whereas Julia just rose above it all and seemed to tune out all the drama. An interesting experience.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2022 12:27 AM

I’ve always liked her and enjoyed when she turned up in stuff like MAD MEN and GILMORE GIRLS. I enjoyed her on RIVERDALE, but I quit watching that shit show in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2022 2:02 AM

R107 how come?

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2022 2:08 AM

Love Madchen and agree she should have had a bigger career, but she has worked steadily for decades. She'll always have the Twin Peaks cred which will give her a lifetime of conventions - and TP seems to gain more fans as the years go on.

She really was great on season three of Twin Peaks. I wish Lynch had used less Dougie and more of the Twin Peaks women. It was so great to see Audrey, Laura and Shelly again. The scene of Shelly abandoning her family to go giggle and make out with her boyfriend showed how emotionally stunted and immature Shelly had become, probably as a result of her abusive past. Despite being given little screen time, I thought Amick, Fenn, and Lee did the most with their screen time, and when I think of season three, I think of them.

Amick is beautiful and a bit mysterious. I think it was harder to cast her in things, though she is consistently good.

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2022 2:31 AM

I remember about ten years after Twin Peaks had come and gone, there was a stretch when it seemed half the cast was turning up in supporting roles on Dawson's Creek. Amick played a teacher of Dawson's who had previously worked in Hollywood and was bitter. Sherilyn Fenn played an unstable restaurateur who was sexually harassing Pacey while he was trying to become a chef. Dana Ashbrook and Ray Wise (together) played the villains in a story in which Pacey was working as a stockbroker. (Lots of "Pacey's tries out different jobs" stories in that period of the show.)

Amick also played a past fling of Don's in a weird episode of Mad Men. He has a fever dream about killing her and hiding the body. Matthew Weiner said he was at first hesitant to cast her because she was so recognizable from Twin Peaks, but then he thought that was dumb. "What, are these actors not supposed to work anymore?"

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2022 2:35 AM

She looks like a big nose German chick now.

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2022 5:09 AM

[quote]Machen would have been more convincing as a dazed LA beauty in Less Than Zero. Jamie is pretty but is too East Coast and too Jewish (modeling back then favored the Northern European look).

In fairness, Gertz looks fairly Latino in Less Than Zero. It's a very 80s look, IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2022 9:16 AM

Jamie is gorgeous but the character is very white, blonde and WASPy just like all of Bret Easton Ellis's characters. To be fair, Robert Downey Jr is also Jewish and has a similar Latino/Mediterranean appearance like Jamie. So the filmmakers clearly didn't care about faithfulness to the source. It was extremely 80s and a wonderful time capsule.

by Anonymousreply 113May 27, 2022 9:58 AM

R106 I liked that show and Mädchen's characters was fun. But i never hear anything good about Jenna. I wonder if she’s chilled out now that she’s no longer with Channing..?

by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2022 3:33 PM

r113 If memory serves, in the book, didn't Jamie's character have a pseudo-closeted dad with a twink boyfriend? Pretty bold for the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 115May 28, 2022 4:07 AM

R114, glad you enjoyed it - for the most part we had a great time making it. Mädchen is a gifted comedic actress and it’s too bad she hasn’t been given more opportunities to show it. She’s damn funny.

Not sure about Jenna, she seemed to believe she was so above everyone else, so superior, mostly due to being Mrs Channing Tatum, a superpower she wielded like a weapon. She’s utterly bereft of talent, which meant she was dependent upon him for access to work, so I can’t imagine what she’s like post-divorce. Perhaps it was an ego death, of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 116May 28, 2022 5:47 AM

R116 I'm glad it wasn't a complete shitshow behind the scenes. Jenna is definitely a better dancer than actor. She was recently on Superman as Lucy Lane. So i guess she's not above returning to the CW 😁

by Anonymousreply 117May 28, 2022 6:09 AM

R116, she plays a very stern and bitchy mother in Riverdale but she is also very funny in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 118May 28, 2022 5:44 PM

Yeah Jenna Dewan was trained as a dancer with acting being a total afterthought, and it shows on screen. She’d still be a backup dancer if not for striking gold with Step Up. She’s so wooden.

by Anonymousreply 119May 28, 2022 8:56 PM

[quote] To be fair, Robert Downey Jr is also Jewish and has a similar Latino/Mediterranean appearance like Jamie

No he doesn’t!

by Anonymousreply 120May 28, 2022 9:15 PM

Robert Downey Jr looks latino to those who have never met a latino.

by Anonymousreply 121May 28, 2022 9:16 PM

Jamie or RDJ can pass for a white Latinos of mostly Southern European descent. Neither look like the brown mestizo types that most Americans associate with Latino.

by Anonymousreply 122May 28, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]Jamie or RDJ can pass for a white Latinos of mostly Southern European descent.

Then that would make them Hispanic (relating to Spain/Spanish-speaking countries but not Portugal).

Latino refers to someone from Latin America (including Brazilians of Portuguese descent).

by Anonymousreply 123May 28, 2022 9:57 PM

R123 There are Latin Americans who are only of Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Middle Eastern descent. There are German, Irish and Polish descended people in Latin America. Latino is not a race. Hispanic means Spanish speaker. I find both terms are useless.

by Anonymousreply 124May 28, 2022 10:08 PM

Also, all the actors who played Hispanics/Latinos/native Americans/ethnics etc up until damn near the 90s in Hollywood were Jewish/Irish, so we have a warped idea of visualizing race in the American imagination- like Ben Kingsley as Gandhi and Natalie Wood as Maria, just for two examples ...

by Anonymousreply 125May 28, 2022 10:30 PM

Hispanic refers to someone from Puerto Rico or Domenica.

People of Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, or Greek descent are Southern European.

by Anonymousreply 126May 28, 2022 10:32 PM

OP, you never saw Sleepwalkers? Or Rick Astley's video for "It Would Take A Strong, Strong Man," in which she (as a blonde) was the female lead?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 28, 2022 10:36 PM

Rick Astley was so cute and still is.

by Anonymousreply 128May 28, 2022 10:38 PM

Loved her in the schlocky horror flick I'M DANGEROUS TONIGHT. She's a mousy student who comes across a slinky red dress made with cursed Aztec material which changes her into a murderous vixen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 28, 2022 10:38 PM

Her hubby is African American and she has two gorgeous kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 28, 2022 10:46 PM

Daughter Mina is a singer. Madchen has directed some of her videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 28, 2022 10:48 PM

I’m afraid not R127

by Anonymousreply 132May 29, 2022 4:53 AM

R130, that may have hurt her prospects. The public was not too keen on white beautiful blonds with a black spouse

by Anonymousreply 133May 29, 2022 5:53 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 134May 29, 2022 6:11 AM

R133 I don't think they are now sadly.

by Anonymousreply 135May 29, 2022 6:55 AM

She's "good", "very good", "gifted comedienne"??? Wtf are all you hoes on?

by Anonymousreply 136May 29, 2022 7:18 AM

t133 Only trashy racists. Nobody cool would have cared.

by Anonymousreply 137May 29, 2022 8:07 AM

^ r133

by Anonymousreply 138May 29, 2022 11:11 AM

When I was a kid I used to love watching Siskel and Ebert, and I remember Roger Ebert coming close to dropping his pants and hacking off while discussing Madchen Amick in Dream Lover. I never saw her in anything until Central Park West, but I remember thinking how odd his effusive praise of her was.

by Anonymousreply 139May 29, 2022 11:31 AM

I don't want to see Ebert's dick.

by Anonymousreply 140May 29, 2022 11:34 AM

For most of his adult life, Ebert couldn’t see his dick.

by Anonymousreply 141May 29, 2022 11:36 AM

Her name doesn’t exactly roll off the lips, does it?

by Anonymousreply 142May 29, 2022 11:37 AM

I suppose it rollt von der Zunge if you’re German.

by Anonymousreply 143May 29, 2022 12:22 PM

Loved her in Central Park West, tormenting Mariel Hemingway and sexy Tom Verica. I had forgotten she was on TP, the role of Carrie was so different than Shelly.

by Anonymousreply 144May 29, 2022 12:34 PM

CPW was one of the sexiest prime time casts ever assembled (maybe second to only Twin Peaks?)

by Anonymousreply 145May 29, 2022 12:48 PM

I love me some Tom Verica.

by Anonymousreply 146May 29, 2022 1:54 PM

I think both Sherilyn and Mädchen were on Gilmore Girls.

by Anonymousreply 147May 29, 2022 2:18 PM

Plastic surgery carved a bland pretty face out of stunning ingenue perfection. It’s a tragedy

by Anonymousreply 148May 29, 2022 3:12 PM

Wow, her kids ARE gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 29, 2022 3:16 PM

I didn't know she had surgery.

by Anonymousreply 150May 29, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] I don't want to see Ebert's dick.

Oprah felt differently

by Anonymousreply 151May 29, 2022 3:34 PM

She’s from Reno, Nevada

by Anonymousreply 152May 29, 2022 4:26 PM

She also has an entertaining arc as a horny contessa…or duchesss…on Gossip Girl.

by Anonymousreply 153May 29, 2022 6:30 PM

Mädchen doesn’t look like the victim of bad plastic surgery to me - at all. If anything, she looks like the best possible version of herself at 51. She’s still striking. Not sure what anyone else is seeing.

by Anonymousreply 154May 29, 2022 9:40 PM

R154, agreed. She looks incredible.

by Anonymousreply 155May 29, 2022 9:55 PM

If she’s had bad work then sign me up for some bad work too.

by Anonymousreply 156May 29, 2022 11:38 PM

r37 I used to have amazing sexual fantasies about Dana Ashbrook when he was on the original Twin Peaks! I wish they had featured more nude scenes with him even though he was extremly sexy without having to get too naked as a character.Just something about him.If something serious developed with him and Audrey it would have been interesting!

by Anonymousreply 157May 29, 2022 11:40 PM

R150 most celebrities do. The all natural beauties are a rarity.

by Anonymousreply 158May 30, 2022 12:11 AM

R154, absolutely! Jealous assholes are pathetic

by Anonymousreply 159May 30, 2022 1:04 AM

She married a big unattractive black man and has two kids that take after him.

by Anonymousreply 160May 30, 2022 2:06 AM

👏🏼👏🏼 R160 everyone, or “the absolute worst part of DL.”

by Anonymousreply 161May 30, 2022 2:09 AM

Her kids look good. Even if her husband was white or goodlooking that would not have that much of an effect. Beauty is an accident of genetics. Most beautiful people have average looking parents and siblings. And beautiful people can make average kids.

by Anonymousreply 162May 30, 2022 2:19 AM

I didn't think Madchen looked bad at all on Twin Peaks The Return. She did look like a different person, though. It was a contrast to Peggy Lipton (RIP), who was in a lot of scenes with Madchen and also looked great, but like an older version of the same woman. I think Peggy just had great bone structure. She was approaching 70 when that was shot.

by Anonymousreply 163May 30, 2022 3:27 AM

I thought Peggy was near 80? She was absolutely stunning either way. I was so glad she and Big Ed had their happy ending. But I also have to give a shout-out to Wendy Robie as Nadine, who I think had a fragile, fey prettiness easy to overlook given Nadine's bizarre behavior.

by Anonymousreply 164May 30, 2022 3:36 AM

I hate the plastic surgery queens (or more likely, jealous fraus who watch too many amateur YouTube surgery "proof" videos by other jealous fraus) who insist every celebrity must have had work done. People's looks change, GASP, naturally as they age. And the more money you have, the more resources you have (skin treatment, high quality food, work out time) to stay looking good if you want to put the effort in. It's just not going under the knife.

by Anonymousreply 165May 30, 2022 3:39 AM

That Twin Peaks reboot was sooooo frustrating…it needed more of the original characters. We barely even saw Audrey.

by Anonymousreply 166May 30, 2022 10:56 AM

Has someone put a contract out on r160 yet?

by Anonymousreply 167May 30, 2022 12:13 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 168May 30, 2022 3:29 PM

R167 for what? For daring to state a black man is unattractive? You and r161 are brainwashed sheep.

by Anonymousreply 169May 30, 2022 9:02 PM

r186 It needed Catherine Martell and Nadine Hurley!

by Anonymousreply 170May 30, 2022 9:10 PM

Nadine was present and accounted for. She was the biggest fan of Dr. Jacoby's podcast, she had a store called "Run Silent, Run Drapes," and she came to the realization that she needed to set Big Ed free.

I thought the Twin Peaks Return was FANTASTIC, even though at times I was being Homer Simpson ("Brilliant! I have absolutely no idea what's going on"). I've watched it several times all the way through. It really is like an 18-hour art film, but with enough crime drama, comedy, horror, romance, etc., to keep it grounded. I'm glad they did it when they did it, because so many of the actors have died since.

Amanda Seyfried was a great choice for Bobby and Shelly's daughter. Of course Shelly's daughter would fall in love with a loser bad boy, like Mom did. And of course Shelly would be starting something up with another drug dealer herself.

by Anonymousreply 171May 31, 2022 12:49 AM

t171 Thanks I zoned out very early on in that 2017 series and I knew Catherine was absent as Piper Laurie mentioned it in an interview saying she would have returned if asked but I must have got confused because I felt sure Nadine aka Wendy Robie was also not asked back.Was it the same actress? I think not getting Catherine back was a mistake although I realise her onscreen hubby Jack Nance had died years ago.

by Anonymousreply 172May 31, 2022 1:12 AM

"She's a mousy student who comes across a slinky red dress made with cursed Aztec material which changes her into a murderous vixen."

The same thing happened to my Aunt Irma when she found a cursed bathrobe at a Filene's Basement sale.

Only she wasn't a student and she was more like an ox than a mouse.

But she made a brisket that was to die for!

So what if she was a murderous vixen in a green chenille bathrobe?

Although with that brassy dye job that green didn't do her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 173May 31, 2022 4:56 AM

r173 Pardon??!!

by Anonymousreply 174May 31, 2022 5:55 PM

It was formerly a truism on DL that Dana Ashbrook is gay. Still a truism?

by Anonymousreply 175June 2, 2022 12:32 PM

How the fuck does she even pronounce that ridiculous name? Mashen?

by Anonymousreply 176June 2, 2022 12:41 PM

r175 Do you reckon he is?

by Anonymousreply 177June 2, 2022 12:59 PM

Dana is goodlooking that's why DL thinks he's gay. Nothing about him really screams I'm gay. Just a lanky pretty boy. The guy who played James seemed way more gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 178June 2, 2022 1:28 PM

James and Donna were so annoying at times too. James was just dumb for the sake of plot. Donna going from amateur sleuth to rebellious bitch was just cringe. Maybe Lynch hated their characters. Bobby started out very bratty but he was never dense and always called people out on their bullshit. His tough guy act was justified by rebellion against his parents who he felt didn't care about him. He genuinely showed depth because he really cared about Laura and Shelley and wanted to help them. The movie added a lot of depth to his character.

by Anonymousreply 179June 2, 2022 1:47 PM

TP jumped over several sharks second half of season 2 . It was positively dreadful

by Anonymousreply 180June 2, 2022 2:09 PM

R180 TP played their hand too early by revealing Laura’s killer. Once the central mystery was wrapped up, interest in the show evaporated. It went from must watch watercooler programming to being meandering and nonsensical - at least for the majority of the general public, especially in the early 90s.

by Anonymousreply 181June 4, 2022 8:33 PM

R181 it became so boring after they revealed it. It didn't help they killed the Cooper and Audrey pairing because Lara bitched about it. Annie played by Heather Graham was such a bland character and poorly acted. More James and Donna nonsense. Audrey getting a new love interest. It was clear they were trying hard to make up some drama and it went from compelling mystery into a generic soap opera which was trying to parody. The movie did redeem a lot of the original series though. It was definitely the network that meddled with the series, so Lynch wasn't to blame. I still need to read the Laura Palmer diary.

by Anonymousreply 182June 4, 2022 8:40 PM

R182 Fire Walk With Me is a masterpiece. Genuinely one of Lynch’s most confronting and terrifying films. Sheryl Lee turns in such a tour de force performance, it’s a shame she didn’t go on to bigger and better things.

by Anonymousreply 183June 4, 2022 9:00 PM

Sheryl Lee should have had a bigger career. I liked her more than Lara Flynn Boyle.

by Anonymousreply 184June 4, 2022 9:24 PM

R184 I agree. Much better actress. Lynch was so impressed by her, he created the Maddy character to keep her on the show. Brilliant reference to Vertigo.

by Anonymousreply 185June 4, 2022 9:26 PM

She doesn't look that German. I'd say Dutch or Hungarian or something...

by Anonymousreply 186June 4, 2022 11:18 PM

The idea that they revealed the killer too soon, and the Laura mystery was the show's golden goose, is something people only started saying later. In 1990-91, there was a lot of bitching that the revelation was coming too slowly.

In my opinion, the reason for the decline was that David Lynch and Mark Frost were both less involved, and the series' worst storylines took over the show. James's noir adventure in another town. Andy/Dick/Lucy and Little Nicky. Amnesiac Nadine back in high school. The mayor's young temptress wife. Norma's mother's visit. Ben's delusions of being a Civil War general. When that's what they were filling hours with, it was easy to talk yourself into thinking "Who killed Laura Palmer?" was irreplaceable, but I think it was just poor planning.

Bad-imitation Lynch can be intolerable. However you feel about him, he's distinctive. His style isn't a template anyone can adopt.

So, season two starts well and ends well, and there are some great episodes, but the stretch from 2-10 to about 2-18 or 2-19 is mostly bad TV.

by Anonymousreply 187June 4, 2022 11:24 PM

R184, r185, Sheryl Lee so overacted in this drama and was plain compared to the other actresses

by Anonymousreply 188June 5, 2022 12:56 AM

R188 you’re wrong

by Anonymousreply 189June 5, 2022 1:48 AM

Considering what she was originally hired to do, Sheryl Lee did well for herself. She was originally just asked to model a corpse, and the part grew slightly to the wordless home video of her and Lara Flynn Boyle/Donna dancing at a picnic (which Cooper realizes James must have shot, because he can see a motorcycle reflected in Laura's eye).

David Lynch saw some special quality in Lee in the close-ups of the picnic video, so he kept giving her more to do with flashbacks, a second character, and a prequel film.

His very intuitive approach has helped a lot of careers, turning unknowns into stars (or at least steadily working actors) and bringing some others back from obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 190June 6, 2022 1:05 AM

True R190, wasn’t Sheryl an unknown community theater actor prior to booking TP? IIRC she wasn’t even living in LA, she was plucked out of obscurity in Seattle.

by Anonymousreply 191June 6, 2022 1:12 AM

Sheryl Lee was just not alluring

by Anonymousreply 192June 6, 2022 2:02 AM

Sheryl Lee was fantastic in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. A brave performance. One of the best of the '90s. She was also good in The Return. That final scream...

by Anonymousreply 193June 6, 2022 2:25 AM

Sheryl was better looking than Lara Flynn Boyle, who was the plainest one of the bunch, easily. Too thin and had a lantern jaw.

by Anonymousreply 194June 6, 2022 4:00 AM

[quote]wasn’t Sheryl an unknown community theater actor prior to booking TP? IIRC she wasn’t even living in LA, she was plucked out of obscurity in Seattle.

Kyle M. was an unknown Seattle stage actor pre-Dune too.

by Anonymousreply 195June 6, 2022 6:55 AM

Lara was exquisite especially in second season . Lee is plain

by Anonymousreply 196June 6, 2022 3:41 PM

Lee is definitely the most intense actress of the younger women who were on the show. I would put Madchen second because she's a lively performer and is pretty good at emotional scenes. I like Lara okay and she's not the worst actress, but she hasn't really given many, if any, fully consistent dramatic performances. Then there's Fenn, who was adorable in Just One of the Guys, but she just never really developed into anything special as an performer. She's pretty good in Of Mice and Men, maybe because she really connected with the character. She was fine in Three of Hearts and her little guest spot on that one Friends episode, but those weren't difficult parts. She also made some not so smart choices in the early 90s after she got hot off of Twin Peaks. I get trying to have artistic integrity and wanting to care about the roles you do, but if she had made the effort to go after more high profile roles in big movies then, she probably wouldn't be stuck doing any little piece of crap that comes along to pay the bills.

by Anonymousreply 197June 6, 2022 4:13 PM

The smiling photo of picture perfect homecoming queen Laura Palmer is iconic. All of the leads male and female were unusually attractive, including Lee.

by Anonymousreply 198June 6, 2022 4:23 PM

R197 do we know that she didn’t make more effort to go after bigger movies? Seems tv actors were not given so much opportunity in the early 90s compared to the Dawson’s creek lot in the late 90s and early 2000s

by Anonymousreply 199June 6, 2022 10:20 PM

Maybe she did and maybe she didn't, but Fenn once said this in an interview:

"I was told once that I didn't play the Hollywood game, and that's why I wasn't a big star. What they meant when they said that was that I don't go to parties, and when I go to an audition and I don't like the script, they know it. I don't flirt and I don't play the people that I'm meeting with. In the next breath, this person said to me, ‘When you're passionate about a role, there's nobody that can touch you, but you have to learn to do this also…’ But I don't know how to sit there and pretend I love something when I don't!“

by Anonymousreply 200June 6, 2022 11:36 PM

R200 doesn’t everyone say this including stars who become big. It’s all so cliche. That being said she did probably deserve better or at least a big part on a big tv series.

by Anonymousreply 201June 6, 2022 11:43 PM

Sherilyn was great in the late ‘90s Showtime series RUDE AWAKENING. It lasted a few seasons and had a wonderful ensemble cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 6, 2022 11:53 PM

Sherilyn is not terribly charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 203June 7, 2022 2:02 AM

r197 Wasnt Sherilyn Fenn lauded for her role in controversial film Boxing Helena were she took over Kim Basigners role?

by Anonymousreply 204June 7, 2022 3:29 AM

R204, lauded? She was humiliated

by Anonymousreply 205June 7, 2022 4:24 AM

[quote]r12 You can be too pretty or too beautiful for film.

I don’t think she’s quite all THAT.

She basically looks like Eva Green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 7, 2022 4:38 AM

I thought all of those young people in original Twin Peaks -- Fenn, Amick, Lee, Ashbrook, Boyle -- were well cast. Lynch and Frost had them at the right time and gave them characters they were right for. Whether they went on to greatness or not, whether most of them had the kind of appeal that fades because it's more about looks and attitude and youth, doesn't take away from that.

James Marshall was the weak link in the youth group. He was kind of "poor man's Christian Slater," and a more charismatic actor might have made that character a fan favorite. Brooding, sensitive bike boy is an enduring type that seems like a can't-miss, but as brought to life by Marshall, he was a drag. I did like him better (both the actor and the character) in The Return, taking Freddie under his wing.

by Anonymousreply 207June 7, 2022 7:37 AM

I will always be grateful to Sherilyn for Two Moon Junction.

by Anonymousreply 208June 7, 2022 11:50 AM

Eric DaRe (Aldo Ray's son) as Leo was the hottest guy besides Kyle Mac. He was kind of a long-haried, equally hairy version of his dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 7, 2022 12:27 PM

"Teach me, Bobby."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 7, 2022 2:20 PM

[R184] I wish they they had gone with Sheryl Lee as the narator in Deparate Housewives. She played the role in the pilot.

The idea of one actress playing two women dead before the series begins who instigate the whole plot...

by Anonymousreply 211June 7, 2022 5:00 PM

R206 Eva Green of James Bond Eva Green, aka one of the most breathtaking women in the world? Using her as your point of comparison certainly doesn’t help your argument that Mädchen Amick isn’t “all that.”

by Anonymousreply 212June 7, 2022 11:05 PM

Eva Green has a very malleable face. She can indeed look incredible, but her face is not necessarily classically beautiful.

(That’s the best kind of face for an actress to have, of course.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 8, 2022 2:27 AM

Brunette in Trapped in Paradise, a low-key very good holiday film, in my humble opinion. Also the only role I’ve ever seen her in. She is very beautiful.

Also had to laugh at the poster that thinks a 51 year old woman would only have a dead or institutionalized mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214June 8, 2022 3:08 AM

Sherilynn Fenn had a memorable role on Ray Donovan as the fat wife of an FBI SAIC played by Hank Azaria. They're swingers.

by Anonymousreply 215June 8, 2022 4:25 AM

Has Madchen spoken much about her time on Twin Peaks?

by Anonymousreply 216June 8, 2022 5:44 PM

She has. You can find a lot of interviews from when the 2017 Twin Peaks Return was about to premiere. She says stuff that almost everyone who works with David Lynch says: "He's a genius, he's so much fun, he creates such a great environment, I owe him so much," etc. Regarding Twin Peaks, she's always expressed gratitude because it launched her career, and its fan base stayed so engaged for decades even though the show itself had a short life. She said she loved revisiting Shelly 25 years later and having a big story as a mom in the new series.

by Anonymousreply 217June 9, 2022 11:15 AM

I think her name is a liability. It looks like a tropical disease, not a sultry actress.

I had never heard of her until Riverdale came out and I found her face commanding. I saw she was in Twin Peaks and that was honestly the motivator I had to finally watch it—and I was dazzled by her beauty and wondered why I hadn't ever seen her name before. But that name.

by Anonymousreply 218June 9, 2022 11:32 AM

^You've never seen Sleepwalkers?????????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 9, 2022 11:43 AM

Eva Green is very beautiful. Watch Penny Dreadful. She's stunning on screen alongside the male beauties Josh Hartnett and Reeve Carney. She's gorgeous alongside pretty twinks Michael Pitt and Louis Garrel in The Dreamers.

Eva and Madchen are underrated beauties who are natural and glowing. While Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lopez are overrated rely on Hollywood magic and plastic surgery. Just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 220June 9, 2022 11:47 AM

R219 No. I just looked it up and I see it's a vampire story by Stephen King...I have little patience for either. Most movies based on King stories are really disappointing to me, although I love Carrie and I've grown to appreciate The Shining. Try as I have, I have never come upon any vampire story I didn't think was both silly and gross. (The idea of lumps of coagulating blood in my mouth makes me feel physically ill.)

I love some supernatural stuff, but vampires, zombies and werewolves, I just can't open my mind to them.

by Anonymousreply 221June 9, 2022 11:48 AM

I wonder if showing minge early in their careers actually hurt Madchen and Sherilyn. Sherilyn was totally nude in several scenes in Two Moon Junction. I’m trying to think of super successful actresses who flashed bush and became huge stars. Julia Roberts, Angelina, and Sandra Bullock certainly did not. I don’t think female viewers relate to seeing the dark pubes of a beautiful girls like them.

by Anonymousreply 222June 9, 2022 11:55 AM

[quote] I’m trying to think of super successful actresses who flashed bush and became huge stars.

Julianne Moore. Short Cuts in '93 was early for her. She has a long marital argument with Matthew Modine, and she's "bottomless" for all of it.

When Robert Altman asked her if she was okay with doing the scene, because his first choice had turned him down, she said it would be fine, and added, "I have a bonus for you. I'm a real redhead." He liked telling that story.

The actress who said no was Madeleine Stowe. Altman didn't have hard feelings. He just moved her over to another character in the film.

by Anonymousreply 223June 9, 2022 12:22 PM

All this talk makes me feel alienated from other human beings.

First, because I don't catalog who shows genitalia or various taboo body parts in movies. I really don't care. I don't tag a flash of a weiner or a woman who stands full frontal in my mind and always think of their scandalous anatomy when I see them or hear their name. I can't even imagine how being filmed would adversely affect someone's career. That means people would have to always remember a brief nude scene (why dedicate brain space to this?) and then actively discriminate against them for the rest of their lives because a director took video of their bodies. It doesn't make any sense to me in any way.

Second, because hiring or firing anyone on the condition that they agree to put their pubic hair in front of a camera seems patently insane to me. Not even on moral grounds, just on the grounds of...why? That's crazy. It has almost nothing to do with storytelling. I can't think of any case at all aside from pornography in which showing a body part would alter the impact of the story significantly enough to base a casting decision on it. Acting ability, how a person looks on camera, absolutely, but whether or not they show any specific body part? I honestly do not get it. I'm sure part of it has to do with box office draw, but that leads back to point number one: why do people see movies for a glimpse of an organ or hair (especially when graphic porn is literally at our fingertips anytime now), and why do they remember those brief flashes of body parts? I swear sometimes I must not be entirely human.

by Anonymousreply 224June 9, 2022 12:32 PM

You’re on a higher plain r224. Enlightened. It is what it is for lots of people who can’t turn that part of their brain off.

by Anonymousreply 225June 9, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote]I’m trying to think of super successful actresses who flashed bush and became huge stars.

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 9, 2022 12:55 PM

R226 That's not "flashing bush," that's a full-on gynecological exam.

by Anonymousreply 227June 9, 2022 12:57 PM

I thought of Sharon but that was more of a “did I just see what I think I saw?” moment. The gif there is slowed down somewhat from the film and the character was a “bad girl”. But yes, that scene was pretty good for her career and got her a lot of attention.

by Anonymousreply 228June 9, 2022 1:16 PM

For the record, Sharon Stone also always has said that the director did not disclose to her that he was going to do that. She says that she was asked not to wear underwear because it could be seen through the white dress, which I find credible, and she never imagined that they would film up her dress that way even though they asked her to cross and uncross her legs. I believe her. I think it's really easy to stick WHORE labels on women once they end up sexualized like this, but I *really* don't think that most consent to this sort of thing. I highly, highly, highly doubt that the director said "I need you not to wear panties, because I'm going to zoom up your skirt and get a clear shot of your vagina because I think it's important to the story and the marketing," and she was like, "Oh, that's a good idea!" Seriously, no. I think any smart actress during that era--and Stone is smart--if told something like that would call their agent, and the agent would say "what the fuck? I'll call the director. You're not doing that. It'll kill your career." Of course, it didn't kill her career. It made her a star. But no one could predict that. I think a lot of people went to see the movie just for that scene and found themselves thinking, "this movie is pretty dumb, but that actress who flashed her hooha was really good."

by Anonymousreply 229June 9, 2022 1:25 PM

Coming to blu ray July 26th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 11, 2022 12:31 AM

When did Madchen show bush? I know Sherilyn did in some movie where she gets fucked nude by a furred beast.. Meridian? Eva Green has also shown bush. A good actress can show bush and it doesn't mean a damn thing. A weak actress in a weak part is just turned into a slut...

by Anonymousreply 231June 11, 2022 1:27 AM

Madchen and Sherilyn are not good actresses. They humiliated themselves showing bush in low grade roles

by Anonymousreply 232June 11, 2022 1:28 AM

Good news R230!

by Anonymousreply 233June 11, 2022 12:31 PM

R230, Anthony Perkins creeped me out

by Anonymousreply 234June 11, 2022 3:54 PM

She was great on the pilot episode of baywatch. She played a psychotic teen with borderline personality disorder who becomes obsessed with Parker Stevensons character after he saves her from a failed suicide attempt. The Baywatch pilot was filmed about a month and a half (early January 1989) before the Twin Peaks pilot (late February 1989) began filming. She was offered a permanent role on Baywatch (I’m not sure if it was to play the same character or as a new lifeguard character) but she turned it down to work with Lynch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 11, 2022 5:38 PM

Very pretty

by Anonymousreply 236June 11, 2022 5:40 PM

R235 Yeah, I'm sure she was Emmy worthy. A bunch of bisexual queens on this thread because this chick is z grade ok but she was a good lookin woman.

by Anonymousreply 237June 12, 2022 4:23 AM

Talk about showing bush hurting an actress... not if you're a real actress. Samantha Morton showed CUNT in some Michael Winterbottom thing and no one says anything because it's Samantha Morton.

by Anonymousreply 238June 12, 2022 4:25 AM

I watched Psycho recently and had no idea that Anthony Perkins, who caught the aids, was considered a heart throb when he was young along with Tab Hunter and that these two were an item. Holy run-on sentence Batman.

by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2022 2:01 AM

Comparing Amick to a once in a lifetime talent like Morton is unfair.

It just seems shitty that a charming performer like Madchen isn't a household name, but actresses who bring nothing to the table like Lauren Holly, Denise Richards, Heather Graham (and so on) are well known. But we all know that Hwood is not a meritocracy.

by Anonymousreply 240June 13, 2022 1:11 PM

R240 Life isn't a meritocracy. I just looked up a local realtor on Instagram who is in his 20s and sells multimillion-dollar properties. He has many thousands of followers and all his posts are either real-estate or photos of his undressed body. I thought to look him up because it's Pride week and I have seen all these gay real estate posts. When I was house hunting months ago, he was the seller's realtor for a property I went to, and he showed up shrinkwrapped in a thin polo shirt you could see every mole through and he fluttered his eyelashes and giggled like a fool. He followed me around blabbering about all the reasons a person would love to live there and I found him distracting and annoying. When we left, I told my realtor that I would have preferred him not to have been there because his sales pitch was distracting and I didn't feel like I could really look around. My realtor said he told the other guy to stay away "but he shows up everywhere because he thinks his looks are an asset, and he does sell a lot."

It feels unfair that a narcissistic pretty person should be able to convert his appearance into wealth, but it's not a case of life itself being unfair. It's a case of people giving their money to pretty people as some kind of tribute. It's really stupid but it's a collective, conscious choice. It's why supermodels, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian et al are so rich. We may not think they are gorgeous, but girls do, and they funnel their money to these women just solely because of what they look like. "Unfair" isn't exactly the right term. It's just misplaced values.

by Anonymousreply 241June 13, 2022 1:27 PM

Denise Richards was so boring as an actress. She was hot and a got career for looking like a painted sex doll just like Tara Reid. Madchen had an elegant beauty and charm to her. Hollywood is weird with who they choose to be stars. My best guess is Madchen didn't need to sleep for those big roles nor wanted to, she had David Lynch on her side.

by Anonymousreply 242June 13, 2022 7:02 PM

I’m laid up with the ‘Rona and have been watching some Twin Peaks. So damn good. I’d forgotten how much I liked Madchen..,and Piper Laurie, my God!

by Anonymousreply 243June 13, 2022 7:06 PM

I lost interest in Twin Peaks after the first season. I didn't realize Lynch was not involved in the second season until I read Peggy Lipton's memoir many years later. She wrote there was a different director for each episode.

by Anonymousreply 244June 14, 2022 1:52 AM

Lynch only personally directed six of 30 episodes of the original ABC series (two in season 1 and four in season 2). His episodes were always highlights, even though the series had other directors of note (Tim Hunter, Caleb Deschanel, James Foley).

But yes, he and Mark Frost both were less involved in the planning and oversight of season 2, and it suffered for that.

by Anonymousreply 245June 14, 2022 4:14 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 246June 14, 2022 5:33 AM

Twin peaks was so anti climatic. But the first 14 episodes were above reproach

by Anonymousreply 247June 19, 2022 8:44 AM

Denise Richards was never a bad actress. Her talent was paper thin but her epic tits made up for it.

by Anonymousreply 248June 22, 2022 8:54 PM

Denise was great in Drop Dead Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 249June 23, 2022 1:38 AM

Sherilyn is often more charismatic in actual life than she is on film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250September 15, 2022 12:35 AM

Sherilyn is more light hearted . Lynch directs them in a certain, cool way .

by Anonymousreply 251September 15, 2022 1:06 AM

Both sherilyn and mädchen were very beautiful. I think a lot of these actors who don’t make a huge impact are simply working actors and are okay with that. If she had a bigger career she’d probably have to sacrifice other aspects of her life. I think the misconception is that every actor wants to be meteoric but many probably are just happy to have steady work.

by Anonymousreply 252September 15, 2022 4:20 AM

Sherilyn had her nose done sometime in early 1985. A pretty good, fairly subtle bit of nose work.

Here she is with Chris Penn with her original nose in 1984.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 15, 2022 10:27 AM

👆🏼 both look coked out . I can’t see the nose difference

by Anonymousreply 254September 16, 2022 2:56 AM

Sherilyn is probably stoned on weed there. That’s always been her drug of choice.

by Anonymousreply 255September 16, 2022 4:46 AM

Ms. Fenn and Mr. Penn in The Wild Life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256September 16, 2022 11:19 AM

Two Moon Junction could have been much more campy and delicious.

It’s beautifully shot, the two leads are exquisite looking, and the score is lovely, though.

by Anonymousreply 257September 16, 2022 2:15 PM

Fenn with Max Perlich when she was dating Johnny Depp back in 1985.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 16, 2022 2:28 PM

I’m Glad she prefers weed to poison and insanity inducing drug

by Anonymousreply 259September 16, 2022 9:49 PM

Sherilyn's aunt is Suzi Quatro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260September 17, 2022 7:58 AM

"smoking a little pot again"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 18, 2022 12:32 PM

R181, I’ve always hated this stupid take. The reveal of Laura’s killer was so drawn out. Every week we’d learn about a new guy she was sleeping with, a new part time job, and a new suspect. With all the fucking and sucking and working and going to school, it’s ridiculous that she would even find time to get murdered.

It’s not the fault of the big evil network that they didn’t have an end game in mind. They pitched an ongoing series, not a limited one. If they planned a compelling mystery to follow up with, the audience wouldn’t have left as quickly as it did.

The fact is that if Marc fucking Cherry could plan eight season long mysteries for Desperate Housewives, Lynch and Frost could’ve done the same.

by Anonymousreply 262September 18, 2022 1:38 PM

OT, but Max Perlich is some sort of Zelig, isn’t he? He was in every other teen oriented / indie movie and TV show from the late 80s to the mid 90s, was in a bunch of those LA skateboarding videos, the white guy in the Bust a Move music video, and was best friends with Beastie Boys - he introduced them to the Dust Brothers! Must have been a lot of fun to have his life.

by Anonymousreply 263September 18, 2022 2:20 PM

Also I must be blind, but I don’t see anything different about Sherilyn’s nose. She was about 18-19 in that blurry photo and despite that the plastic surgery queens have you think, people’s noses do change over time.

by Anonymousreply 264September 18, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote]It’s not the fault of the big evil network that they didn’t have an end game in mind. They pitched an ongoing series, not a limited one. If they planned a compelling mystery to follow up with, the audience wouldn’t have left as quickly as it did.

The theory that the audience would have stayed hooked had the show never resolved the mystery, or milked it even longer, also ignores that Twin Peaks was hemorrhaging viewers even while the Laura mystery was ongoing. Some Nielsen highlights:

April 8, 1990 (pilot): 34.6 million viewers April 19, 1990: 19.2 million May 17, 1990: 15.6 million October 27, 1990 (well into season two, Laura's killer still unidentified): 11.4 million November 10, 1990 (the "It's happening again" episode, heavily promoted by ABC as finally answering the question): 17.2 million December 1, 1990 (final chapter of the Laura story): 12.4 million April 18, 1991 (last episode to air within ABC's regular TV season): 7.4 million June 10, 1991 (series finale, exiled to summer programming): 10.4 million

I loved Twin Peaks, but it was an uneven show that failed to sustain an audience for many reasons. Some of the reasons may reflect badly on the television audience of 1990-91, but some reflect badly on the people who made the show, too. Maybe this series, from this team, in this era, was doomed not to be a sustainable phenomenon, to leave a legacy of intermittent brilliance and a demonstration for others of what might be possible.

by Anonymousreply 265September 19, 2022 4:39 AM

Two Moon Junction (1988)—“April” Meridian: Kiss Of The Beast (1990)—“Catherine” SF: [Long pause.] Meridian, I really just think of going to Italy and living in a castle, which was kind of strange. Two Moon Junction… Seeing it, I felt that it was very exploitative, and I had to recognize after that movie that sometimes I have to be really clear with a director and really hear what they say, and not be so idealistic and think that what I’m making is something prettier than the real version. Because, you know, I was in my 20s. I was still just getting started. I didn’t really know.

AVC: When you first saw it, were you instantly appalled, or did you still think that there still might be merit to it?

SF: You know what? I don’t know that I’ve seen a lot of things I’ve done from beginning to end. I think I’ve seen clips and freaked out. I’m not somebody who watches things they’ve done. It was more… [Hesitates.] I was just feeling like I was being judged or something. And in a weird way, my mother was like that woman, so… I don’t really know. There’s just certain things about it. I thought it was a love story, which was really a primary difference—and a problem—between me and my director. For him it was not at all, and for me it was. I mean, that’s why I felt she was willing to let everything go. Without love, it’s nothing… and that’s a big difference! [Laughs.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 19, 2022 9:00 PM

Sherilyn is a uniquely different beauty . She’s very unconventional in her insights and philosophy. An intriguing gal

by Anonymousreply 267September 19, 2022 10:44 PM

Dee Wallace is pretty fab in this as a coke addicted morgue attendant.

"Perhaps the true headline here is how this otherwise run-of-the-mill made-for-TV horror movie is (so we’re told) currently undergoing reassessment (along with much of Hooper’s far less prestigious later work). In that regard, there is a shocking and nearly absurd number of extra features on this Blu-ray disc. That is, of course, good- more optional bonus content is always welcome… But, dang. That the floodgates were opened thusly at Kino Lorber for this title, is, admittedly, a bit of a corker. These aren’t tossed-off or recycled extras, either. For example, forty-eight minutes of on-set making of raw footage is accompanied by optional audio commentary by its original shooter, Stan Giesea, and moderated by filmmaker Michael Felsher. That’s basically an extra within an extra. The inclusion of the commentary is a particularly nice surprise, as Giesea has plenty of great memories to share of his extended time of working with Hooper.

Besides the Varrati commentary, there’s also another new track with Kristopher Woofter and Will Dodson, editors of American Twilight: The Cinema of Tobe Hooper. As it has two speakers rather than just one, this track is more conversational in tone. It reflects a spirit of two old acquaintances going on about one of their favorite subjects. It can’t be said that there isn’t overlap in the information shared on the two tracks (or the other extras, for that matter), but that is to be expected. Kino Lorber may well have butted up against the wall of available knowledge about this particular haunted dress movie."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268September 20, 2022 1:52 PM

For a minute I thought we were talking about Malin Akermann

by Anonymousreply 269September 20, 2022 2:14 PM

It took 70 replies for someone to mention her acting ability. I would put her in the top five actors on Twin Peaks let's put it that way.

by Anonymousreply 270September 20, 2022 2:37 PM

*wouldn't*

by Anonymousreply 271September 20, 2022 2:38 PM

Sheryl Lee was the best of the young women on the show.

by Anonymousreply 272September 20, 2022 2:42 PM

I thought Sheryl overacted

by Anonymousreply 273September 20, 2022 3:12 PM

I loved RUDE AWAKENING! I was 18-21 when it originally aired, so it reminds me of college.

Initially, I tuned in for Jonathan Penner (those eyes!), whom I had loved in THE NAKED TRUTH with Tea Leoni and Holland Taylor. In fact, I think he left that sitcom for RA.

He is probably better known to most people as Fran's ex-boyfriend 'Danny Imperiali' on THE NANNY, whose firing of Fran from his bridal shop set the whole series in motion, as well as his several stints on SURVIVOR.

At any rate, I remember he had several nude scenes on RA (great butt, too!), but I can't seem to find any photos/scenes online to post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274September 20, 2022 3:52 PM

Wonderful interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 20, 2022 4:06 PM

Not from Rude Awakening, but here he is completely nude, R274.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276September 20, 2022 6:17 PM

Johnny Depp and Max Perlich in 1985.

I absolutely love this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277September 20, 2022 11:34 PM

Another of Max and Johnny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278September 20, 2022 11:36 PM

Sherilyn, Johnny & Max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 20, 2022 11:38 PM

R277, 278 is a child molester

by Anonymousreply 280September 20, 2022 11:38 PM

I think her name is too difficult to pronounce, let alone remember. To become famous, people have to be able to actually say your name.

by Anonymousreply 281September 20, 2022 11:41 PM

R278, A 17 year old is not a child. Learn math, please.

by Anonymousreply 282September 20, 2022 11:42 PM

It's easy to forget Johnny Depp used to be a gorgeous twink. Now he's an ogre who's ugly on the outside as he is inside.

by Anonymousreply 283September 21, 2022 12:11 AM

Uglier on inside

by Anonymousreply 284September 21, 2022 12:16 AM

I don't understand why her parents named her what was the equivalent of "girl" in German. I mean yes I know Donna, Elle and Colleen exist as names. But those became names morphed from titles to given names. Madchen never took off as a personal name. So it still sounds awkward.

by Anonymousreply 285September 21, 2022 12:16 AM

Meridian: Kiss of the Beast is an enjoyably erotic werewolf flick (Sort of like Embrace of the Vampire with Alyssa Milano). The locations are pretty fab. I believe it’s on Tubi.

Like Fenn, Charlie Spradling is definitely one of the most beautiful movie actresses never to become hugely famous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286September 21, 2022 10:13 AM

Amick is generally better at heavy emotionalism than Fenn. (“I shot him, Bobby!! Where am I gonna run!? Where am I gonna hide!?”)

by Anonymousreply 287September 21, 2022 11:34 AM

R273 I agree especially the opening scene in the plastic bag. I was like: you are wearing your subtext.

by Anonymousreply 288September 21, 2022 8:33 PM

The name Mädchen does not age well. Perhaps it’s a blessing she didn’t make it huge or we would never hear the end of the jokes.

by Anonymousreply 289September 21, 2022 8:35 PM

Can somebody explain why Sherilyn still defends Depp even though he said shitty things about her in an interview in the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 290September 23, 2022 8:54 AM

-+-+-+-+-+

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291September 23, 2022 10:07 AM

James Spader is so odd, yes, I agree, it seems he actually looked for scripts with creepy or pervy characters.

Now he's a bald bloated carb-faced mess. Hard Pass.

by Anonymousreply 292September 23, 2022 10:15 AM

James Spader was so sexy in the 80s and 90s and has talent. He likes playing bad guys but comes across super polite in interviews. I'd take his young version over young Depp since he seems intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 293September 23, 2022 10:24 AM

-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294September 27, 2022 2:40 AM

I liked her in Witches of East End...

by Anonymousreply 295September 27, 2022 2:46 AM

I prefer young Lara Flynn Boyle to sherilyn . Much prettier

by Anonymousreply 296September 27, 2022 5:22 AM

She was rather attractive in this movie, but I still don’t think she matches Sherilyn in her prime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297September 27, 2022 5:56 AM

“She’s..Helena.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298September 27, 2022 9:44 AM

Josh Charles gets Lara all hot in Threesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299September 27, 2022 10:34 PM

r293 James Spader can plow me

by Anonymousreply 300September 28, 2022 12:17 AM

“My agent sent me the script. She said, ‘Oh God, oh God–but it’s great. Read it.’ I’d heard it described as a woman whose boyfriend gets mad, cuts of her arms and legs and sticks her in a box, and I thought, ‘Well, that sounds ridiculous.’ But I read it– and it was about a million other things too. I met with Jennifer and we talked about what the story meant to us as women.”

Such as?

The idea of a woman being in a box–women do feel like they’re in a box. The idea of having to be this woman who’s very hard and doesn’t let anyone near her and relies on her physicality, and then that’s taken away from her. What it means to become handicapped and to rely on somebody that much. It scared the hell out of me. I could see this character. I tried to make her real.”

The film was finally finished, with Fenn, and with Julian Sands as the doctor. But Boxing Helena doesn’t yet have an American distributor. Will we ever see it here? “I think absolutely it’ll be released, but they might not get the distribution they would like.” That’s a safe bet. No matter how you slice it, Helena is not mainstream American movie fare.

But Fenn remains optimistic about what the film could potentially do for her image. “I’m sure Boxing Helena will eclipse ‘Twin Peaks’ and Audrey Home for me. If,” she adds, “people here go see it.” While she waits, Fenn keeps her sunny side up and calls the film a “personal success. I’d do it again a million times. I’m very proud of the results.”

Fatal Instinct, on the other hand, is definitely being released. It’s an MGM film, directed by Carl Reiner, the television and movie legend responsible for “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” All of Me, Rob Reiner and plenty more that says mainstream Hollywood/box-office potential/high profile. The film’s a spoof of Basic Instinct, Fatal Attraction, et al. and, says Fenn, “it made me laugh. It’s intelligent. Not like Airplane!”

Although Fatal Instinct satirizes noir detective flicks and modern day sex thrillers, Fenn says she doesn’t play a femme fatale, but her detective-boss’s “Girl Friday. Sean Young plays the vampy one.”

And what was it like to work with legendary bad girl/set wrecker Sean? “I like Sean’s work,” demures Fenn. “In fact, at the beginning, I was one of the people who told Carl that he shouldn’t listen to her reputation and should give her a chance. He ended up doing that, and she’s funny in the movie.”

Three of Hearts doesn’t sound like it was an amusing film to make at all. I heard reports of trouble on the set of director Yurek Bogayevicz’s love-triangle drama (Fenn and Kelly Lynch as estranged bisexual lovers, Billy Baldwin as the boy-toy), and I ask Fenn to elaborate. “Actually, speaking of verbal commitments, in Three of Hearts they were angry at me when I wasn’t really happy with the project and was thinking of leaving. It was pretty wild because the director was confused and we were rewriting every day. And Mitch Glazer [one of the screenwriters] came on and started rewriting and silently directing and basically saved the movie–from my perspective.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 29, 2022 1:05 AM

Terrific "Two Moon Junction" montage with a killer song:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 1, 2022 4:27 PM

Sherilyn was too sassy/ savey (sic) for Hollywood power people. She ruined her career , but maintained her dignity. She was a deep broad

by Anonymousreply 303October 2, 2022 11:52 PM

Sherilyn was metabolism challenged. I've seen in too many times.

by Anonymousreply 304October 2, 2022 11:56 PM

R6

[quote]Not to mention, the lady is 51, so mom is either pushing up daisies or in a nursing home

She's probably in her 70s or 80s, not dead or in a home. You're ageist and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 305October 3, 2022 12:03 AM

I think Mädchen is a lovely name. I hope that audience members really aren't so stupid as to associate everything German with the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 306October 3, 2022 1:32 PM

I do really love her performance in Dream Lover.

So sultry and devious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307October 3, 2022 3:31 PM

They look so good together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 3, 2022 4:14 PM

👆🏼 absolutely! So natural too unlike today’s Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 309October 4, 2022 12:52 AM

I would exchange handies with young Kyle MacLachlan.

by Anonymousreply 310October 4, 2022 1:19 AM

Women like Sherilyn (and Madchen) make me understand what straight guys with discerning taste love about women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311October 18, 2022 2:34 AM

I thought Lara B was sensual and beautiful too

by Anonymousreply 312October 18, 2022 2:38 AM

Lara is Lindsay Lohan~esque in the first season of Twin Peaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313October 18, 2022 2:49 AM

☝🏼 she was much prettier in-season two . I think that was deliberate. BTW, I think that Lindsay Lohan is very pretty

by Anonymousreply 314October 18, 2022 2:57 AM

“Their names are Josh, Rick, and Tim. They’re about 20 years old, and they’re nice to us.

And they make us feel older.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315October 18, 2022 3:19 AM

Lindsay, Lara, and Sharon Stone are all lovely Irish women with similarly shaped faces and features.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 18, 2022 5:23 AM

Fenn and Depp in a 1987 Pepsi commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317October 18, 2022 6:29 PM

R317 she has more star appeal than depp in that advert.

by Anonymousreply 318October 19, 2022 4:38 AM

I met Madchen in the mid 90’s, she was incredibly nice, normal and sweet to the waiters. Stunning in person, you just fell instantly in love with her. A gem of a gal!

by Anonymousreply 319October 19, 2022 4:47 AM

I wonder if Fenn ever auditioned for any of the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, or Halloween films.

I could imagine her as Taryn in Nightmare 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320October 19, 2022 9:52 AM

So lovely, charming, and thoughtful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 27, 2022 9:32 PM

I loved TP when it originally ran, and I agree that David Lynch has a great talent for spotting cinematic beauty. Then I saw 'Fire Walk With Me' when it was released, and it traumatized me. Which is why I didn't watch Season 3 of TP, since I'd read enough to know how disturbing it was.

by Anonymousreply 322October 27, 2022 10:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!