Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone getting Déjà vu circa early 80’s with Monkey Pox ?

It seems to be targeting gay and bi men .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2022 4:00 PM

How do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 11:44 AM

R1, seeing some parallels to early AIDS, which was at the time referred to as “ gay cancer”

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 11:48 AM

Horrific

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 11:56 AM

How does it spread?

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 12:00 PM

"If monkeypox spreads, I think I’m leaving medicine. I’m not exposing myself to a disease with 10% mortality because this country of selfish fucks refuses to mask or get vaccines when they’re available.

Make whatever health choices you want. My choice will be to leave."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 12:09 PM

The maga crowd is already dismissing this virus as a gay sexually transmitted disease. Fuck them

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 12:12 PM

I'm more concerned about killer bees. My God---trolls trying to make things happen.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 12:22 PM

I don’t care. I am an ugly gay and never get laid. This disease doesn’t effect me. 💅 I don’t have random sex. Wish I did though.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 12:25 PM

It’s not a STD! It can spread through contact!

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 1:17 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 3:09 PM

R6 they’ll be screaming for vaccines when Little Braicdeaicellyn is covered in bumps

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2022 12:11 AM

☝🏼 The vaccines are not available or upgraded

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote]It’s not a STD! It can spread through contact!

Yes. However:

“Generally speaking, monkeypox is spread by respiratory transmission, but the characteristics of the 23 suspected cases point towards transmission through mucus during sexual relations,” according to Spain’s Health Ministry.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2022 12:16 AM

I lived thru the early days of AIDS. Yes, I expect my coworkers to start avoiding me at work.

I really am past retirement age.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2022 12:21 AM

I was born in the early 80s, so don't remember the dawn of AIDS. But I do remember the news stories as a child and, as I grew into my teens and realized I was gay, the fear that I might one day become infected. The last 10 years since PrEP has exploded, I've been critical of PrEP-users who bareback without a care in the world ("life's a banquet!!!") — as if AIDS were the first and last lethal sexually transmitted virus, and there's nothing more to be cautious of. Such an idiotic and myopic attitude.

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2022 12:27 AM

Younger gays are less promiscuous. They prefer serial monogamy or friends with benefits. So I think they'll be better off. The aged bottoms who are on prep and seeking out every dick on Grindr may not be. DL guys will of course spread to this women... That will never change.

Republicans will use this to demonize gays as usual.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2022 11:59 AM

There are vaccine and antiviral med for this shit.

And let me remind you, fat whores, again: OBESITY kills more and more fat people.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2022 12:08 PM

AIRBORNE SUPER AIDS

SHRIEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2022 12:13 PM

Thank the media for implicating gays in this. All I heard at work the past couple days is how this is the new AIDS. It’s not an STD, and you can get vaccinated against it. It’s main source of transmission is through your respiratory system. But god forbid the media should do any responsible reporting on it.

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2022 12:15 PM

[quote]There are vaccine and antiviral med for this shit.

Thank goodness Americans have shown themselves eager to embrace vaccines as a way out of a medical crisis.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2022 12:15 PM

That’s okay, r20. Just more dead anti-vaxxers. No loss.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2022 12:21 PM

All the pretty gays will die. I better do my face, with all of them dying in droves I will be considered pretty!

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2022 12:33 PM

No you won’t ^

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2022 1:47 PM

This just further validates my decision to continue wearing a mask in public. I am mocked by some people but idgaf. We are too overpopulated and at least half of the population have the intelligence of a grapefruit.

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2022 4:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!