Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Star Wars franchise abandoning Skywalker legacy to create new content

When are they going to cease ? The saga is beyond tired .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2022 6:09 AM

They screwed up the SkyWalker story …

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 11:14 AM

I know . The Last Jedi was dreadful

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 11:17 AM

Was that the one about a ship running out of gas? How ironic.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 11:21 AM

The force is female.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 11:41 AM

They ruined the Skywalker saga with their tired rehashes of old plot elements, and a lack of structure and coherence with the sequel trilogy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 11:42 AM

[quote] When are they going to cease ?

When they finally kill the cash cow. When people stop buying what they're selling.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 12:20 PM

Just say it, they demolished the saga by going woke.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 12:34 PM

To me, Return of the Jedi killed it. I was hugely disappointed in that, and I was only 11 when it premiered, so not exactly highly discerning.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 12:39 PM

Wokeness didn’t kill the Skywalker saga, a lack of planning did.

Hiring three different (initially) screenwriter/directors with no over arching vision was the first problem.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 12:45 PM

Wokeness didn’t help

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 12:47 PM

I would rather watch something Star Wars related than another comic book movie

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 12:49 PM

I think the Mandalorian showed that a bit of Skywalker magic (Baby Yoda, CGI cameo of Luke Skywalker) goes a long way. I loved Rogue One and I liked the Han Solo story (mainly for sexy Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover).

The main movies always felt a bit meandering to me, where every quest and mission is just a plot device and the characters failed to really sell what's at stake.

For the most part, they are fun roller coaster rides. Rise of the Skywalker didn't deliver on that, and the reveal of the Emperor being back was such a lame twist.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 1:26 PM

[quote] Wokeness didn’t kill the Skywalker saga

Yes it did. Kennedy deliberately tried to diminish Luke and replace him with a female character. “The Force is Female” was their woke mantra. Luke Skywalker is to Star Wars what Mickey Mouse is to Disney. It’s incredible and inexplicable how Disney, of all companies, allowed to her to trash the studio’s essential iconic character.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 1:46 PM

OP- It’s been TIRED 😴 since 1999 when they first revived the Star ⭐️ Wars franchise.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 5:04 PM

So true R14!

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2022 5:25 AM

I wish Dune would take off to be the next space franchise, but it's too grave and not appealing to children.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2022 5:28 AM

They could integrate Pluto Nash into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2022 5:30 AM

I blame that fat Asian chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2022 5:53 AM

When I was a lad I served a shift As apprentice to a Lord of the Sith I studied the Force and the holocrons Of Plagueis and the midichlorians (He studied Plagueis and the midichlorians) I studied the Force so carefully That now I am the ruler of the Clone Army

As apprentice of the Sith I learned That power craved must soon be earned I studied long and played the fool Then challenged my Master to a final duel (He challenged his master to a final duel) I challenged my master so ironically That now I am the ruler of the Clone Army

As senator of Naboo I made Inquiries into a trade blockade Behind the scenes as a Sith Lord dreamed A thousand year old vengeance scheme (A thousand year old vengeance scheme) The scheme was planned so thoroughly That I became the ruler of the Clone Army

As senator I made such a name That chancellor I soon became As more and more planets broke away The Separatists declared war that day (The Separatists declared war that day) Emergency powers were awarded me And now I am the ruler of the Clone Army

As chancellor I watched the spree of war spread across the galaxy The clones and droids, the battles waged Were all the battles that I had staged (Were all the battles that he had staged) I staged the battles so tactically That now I am the ruler of both armies

The Jedi came, "It's treason then!" They fell at my blade, all but Anakin He pledged himself upon his knees The last apprentice that I ever would need (The last apprentice that he ever would need) To bring order and peace to the galaxy That's why I was the ruler of the Clone Army

Episode IX Edit: For twenty years and four years more I ruled the galaxy as Emperor Till Vader in parental draft Threw me into a reactor shaft (He threw him into a reactor shaft) But death would not be the last of me That's why I am the ruler of a NEW army...

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2022 6:01 AM

-When I was a lad I served a shift

As apprentice to a Lord of the Sith

I studied the Force and the holocrons

Of Plagueis and the midichlorians

(He studied Plagueis and the midichlorians)

I studied the Force so carefully

That now I am the ruler of the Clone Army

—As apprentice of the Sith I learned

That power craved must soon be earned

I studied long and played the fool

Then challenged my Master to a final duel

(He challenged his master to a final duel)

I challenged my master so ironically

That now I am the ruler of the Clone Army

—As senator of Naboo I made

Inquiries into a trade blockade

Behind the scenes as a Sith Lord dreamed

A thousand year old vengeance scheme

(A thousand year old vengeance scheme)

The scheme was planned so thoroughly

That I became the ruler of the Clone Army

—As senator I made such a name

That chancellor I soon became

As more and more planets broke away

The Separatists declared war that day

(The Separatists declared war that day)

Emergency powers were awarded me

And now I am the ruler of the Clone Army

—As chancellor I watched the spree

of war spread across the galaxy

The clones and droids, the battles waged

Were all the battles that I had staged

(Were all the battles that he had staged)

I staged the battles so tactically

That now I am the ruler of both armies

—The Jedi came, "It's treason then!"

They fell at my blade, all but Anakin

He pledged himself upon his knees

The last apprentice that I ever would need

(The last apprentice that he ever would need)

To bring order and peace to the galaxy

That's why I was the ruler of the Clone Army

—Episode IX Edit:

For twenty years and four years more

I ruled the galaxy as Emperor

Till Vader in parental draft

Threw me into a reactor shaft

(He threw him into a reactor shaft)

But death would not be the last of me

That's why I am the ruler of a NEW army...

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2022 6:04 AM

Hopefully they concentrate on Jar Jar Binks.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2022 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!