Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Glow up - make up reality show on BBC

Whose watching season 4 and what do we think of the cohost Dominic Skinner? I think he may be a datalounger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2022 11:59 AM

I saw the end of one of the episodes when a non binary man was meant to a reverse shady eye or something and instead wrote QUEER PRIDE FOREVER on the model's face which seemed disrespectful. Thankfully he was shown the door.

The judges reading the scripted putdowns from an iPad was quite odd especially as they were unrehearsed.

But generally the show is more interesting than drag race. There are genuine artists there.

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 7:49 AM

"I saw the end of one of the episodes when a non binary man was meant to a reverse shady eye or something and instead wrote QUEER PRIDE FOREVER on the model's face which seemed disrespectful."

He self-destructed under pressure. Most of these contestants are from Youtube. They're amateur on many levels.

" Thankfully he was shown the door."

Thankfully?

Listen, if you're going to start watching make up shows know one thing: most of the guys in the show are going to identify as nb, trans, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 8:17 AM

Anyone who plays with his own face so much must be good at his job as a make up artist.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 11:36 AM

Is this new season going to be on Netflix like the first three? I see no reference to a season four on there.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 11:40 AM

It’ll be on Netflix after the bbc air it. I think the poster above said he was thankfully shown the door because he was a bit disrespectful in elimating himself from the competition rather than taking part in the challenge. He bailed out and did so in quite a rude way. He Ginny Lemoned himself.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2022 10:42 AM

[quote]I think the poster above said he was thankfully shown the door because he was a bit disrespectful in elimating himself from the competition rather than taking part in the challenge. He bailed out and did so in quite a rude way.

Yes, the man was a pissy little bitch who did a dreadful job on the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2022 11:27 AM

R5 That's good news. I do love this show. First time I started watching I couldn't get into it then I watched the Trixie and Katya video on Youtube where they watch it and I tried again and ended up loving it. For the longest time there was no info on a new season on Google and so I'd assumed it had been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2022 11:33 AM

There also Glow Up Ireland which is available on the BBC iPlayer if you have a vpn. It’s as good as the UK version.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2022 11:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!