Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - Randall Emmett Lists His Bel Air Home

Asking $6.29 million. Property was purchased from Jeff Lewis who did what he's know for doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2022 1:25 PM

Listing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 6:31 AM

People got cheated on in that house! TEAR IT DOWN

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 6:53 AM

Oh good, it's all done up in shades of gray. I was terrified I might see some color somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 10:15 AM

Because who DOESN'T want to spend an afternoon fishing tennis balls out of the pool?

Honestly, there are two dozen things about this house that just piss me off, the biggest thing being that it was built in 1951 and has retained nothing -- nada, zip, zilch, zero -- of its original charm, thanks to Jeff Fucking Mediocre Hack Lewis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 10:19 AM

OP the house was NOT purchased off Jeff Lewis....he just did the appalling interior design 'work'...

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 10:24 AM

I don't know who he is and I'm not interested in his home, but he a hot daddy!

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 11:37 AM

This Renovation Hardware aesthetic of low ceilings and less than minimal architecture is why I hate most LA houses.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2022 11:58 AM

Looks like a bad case of HGTV design.

Everything is trendy trendy trendy, "look at me", and "special".

Pass.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2022 12:04 PM

It used to be a cute little midcentury Modern. This is a small picture but it's the original swimming pool wall, made with stones instead the dead flat cement that's there now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2022 12:16 PM

I found the full old listing for this house. It was already pretty greige in the interior but had character. Looks like they ripped some walls out to make it more open plan, and replaced some lovely stone and brickwork around the pool with what I'm assuming is faux grass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2022 12:25 PM

That is one weird ass pool.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2022 12:41 PM

True, and I think the remodeled pool area was meant to detract from that weird shape, but I don't care for it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2022 12:53 PM

Before Hotlips got his hands on it, the house was all-light brown. Now it's all light gray.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2022 1:16 PM

Looks dated. Those light fixtures and finishes will not age gracefully. I kinda like the original with the exception of the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2022 1:23 PM

Everything Jeff Lewis designs is so basic looking. It's for people who are afraid to express their taste (if they have any), and choose to live in what seems like a hotel suite.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2022 1:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!