Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republicans vote against solving the baby formula shortage

But I thought they loved babies and were pro-life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2022 5:24 PM

Of course, because every time the Dems solve a problem Republicans lose a bitching point 😠

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 3:53 AM

Uh, obviously you didn’t read the bill. It included a clause for “salaries and expenses” at the FDA. So it wasn’t just about infant formula. Also, Abbott Labs, which is the biggest producer of formula had its factory shut down because of alleged contamination, however tests show that the contamination didn’t originate from there, yet the FDA refuses to allow Abbott to resume production. A lot of shady shit going on if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 4:00 AM

r2 = Republican desperately spinning

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 4:14 AM

Let them eat cake once we force women to birth them.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 4:51 AM

r2, Name one bill sponsored by Republicans designed to help people who weren't rich... We'll wait

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 4:58 AM

R3 I’m neither a Democrat nor a Republican. Both parties suck. I read the bill, read some commentaries on it and can see why some would veto it. Unlike you, I’m not beholden to party politics.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 7:01 AM

^ What's the GOP's alternative bill?

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 7:06 AM

R5, exactly. The GOP is pro-death for anyone not rich, white, and straight. Although gay is okay if you're an obscenely rich donor and don't talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 7:08 AM

Funny how the thread criticizing Biden for the baby formula situation got hundreds of comments, but this one isn't even a blip.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 1:07 PM

Let's keep it that way R9...

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote]I’m neither a Democrat nor a Republican.

Mazel tov! I'm sure they'll note that as they herd you into the faggot camps.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 3:07 PM

Let's not, R9. This deserves far more attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 3:17 PM

Also true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 10:43 PM

they want to Starve and Kill babies. Vile and Heinous.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 10:47 PM

R2, yeah, you wouldn’t want to fund the FDA. Let everyone get sick — that’ll help!

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 10:53 PM

Most bills going through congress get mundane funding added to them. It's the way they do congressional business. Saying their Nay votes are about FDA funding is a bullshit smokescreen so Republicans can continue to do everything they can to hurt the country while a Democrat is in office.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote] But I thought they loved babies and were pro-life?

Ah, but you would be wrong. What they love are unborn fetuses. Once the kid is born, they couldn’t give a rat’s ass about the kids or their health, welfare, and well-being. Seriously. They only want to control the abortion issue as way to control women and their bodies. The unborn babies are only a means to an end. Once they are born they are on their own.

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2022 12:10 AM

This just shows was lying, garbage pieces of shit Republicans are.

Fuck your excuses. You are a heinous, disgusting shitbag if you try to claim you're "pro-life" and don't do all you can to FEED KIDS AFTER THEY ARE BORN

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2022 12:15 AM

Babies don't vote...what do they care? After birth, you're SOL.

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2022 12:38 AM

No, they only love babies while they are INSIDE a woman's body because that's where they can exert the most control over women to keep them docile.

Once they've out, these babies need to pick themselves up by the bootstraps and get their own damn food, just like every other red-blooded 'Merican.

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2022 12:51 AM

R16 got it right. repubs are doing everything they can to make sure Biden and Democrats look bad, They oppose everything, even if a few babies get sick or die....collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2022 12:56 AM

They all just voted AGAINST an anti-gas price gouging bill, too.

So, to sum up: °voted against helping to feed babies via increasing production of baby formula °voted against capping insulin °voted against anti-price gouging at the gas pumps °creating laws so that women are forced to carry fetuses, even if they've been raped or molested °creating laws so that women are forced to carry unviable pregnancies to term, forfeiting their lives °banning books

I'm sure I missed some stuff because frankly it's difficult to keep up with the massive amount of daily, repulsive bullshit that's leaking out of the prolapsed anus of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2022 1:09 AM

Most of them are in such safe districts that they could vote against the flag and apple pie and get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2022 9:53 AM

Republicans also voted FOR price gouging consumers at the gas pump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2022 3:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2022 4:08 PM

Re: R25? It's God's Will!

Just kidding. It's the fault of the pricks who voted against special production of formula to "stick it to Biden" and "own the Libs"!

Wish them THE WORST.

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2022 5:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!