Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elon Musk denounces Democratic Party

And declares himself a Republican .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 27, 2022 3:37 AM

This is like Donald Trump announcing he's an adulterer.

Gee, wealthy, white, Afrikaner d-bag is a Republican - stop the presses!

Looking forward to all of those MAGA bumper stickers on his Teslas

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 1:33 AM

He's just trying to broaden Tesla's user base. He's neither a Democrat nor Republican... he's an opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 1:34 AM

So Brave!

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 1:35 AM

Not sure why he would publicly say this. I get why he might feel this way (although I don't agree) but I don't get why he would want to state it when it's completely unnecessary. There are so many negative consequences for him and his business in saying this. He's clearly not as smart as he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 1:36 AM

MAGA can’t afford and don’t want Teslas. And Musk has always been a Republican. Obama made Tesla successful. Republicans didn’t want to give to it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 1:36 AM

R2, it's not happening. And he's not that smart because there aren't enough Republicans to keep Tesla afloat. He's turning off young progressives with his antics.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 1:36 AM

Just another reason to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 1:37 AM

It's an odd time to join up with the Republicans over "hate" given that right wing headcases are currently spree shooting Blacks and Jews right and left.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 1:37 AM

R8 He’s gaslighting.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 1:40 AM

Moving to Texas was a red flag.

Taking on Twitter for purely culture war reasons, rather than business reasons, was another.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 1:42 AM

He’s a troll, that’s what he is.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 1:44 AM

All he's done is further prove how thin-skinned, entitled and how little it takes to trigger certain white people who refer to themselves as "moderates." He can't actually point to Dem legislation that is about "hating" people.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 1:45 AM

We are owned by the Overlords. Wake Up...

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 1:49 AM

Before all of this, we could've believed a woman was into Musk for his personality and insight as well as his wealth.

Way to confirm that the only reason any woman could ever be interested in him is his money, because what a tiresome, attention-whore with mediocre intelligence when it comes to anything beyond electric cars. He really isn't that smart - even if he is trolling.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 1:50 AM

The Republicans work for the Overlords like Musk. They are the ones giving them free taxes and not enforcing Monopoly Laws. The U.S. broke up the telephone companies which were way smaller than anything that exists today. Now even the Baby Formula is a monopoly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 1:57 AM

Republicans allowed capitalism to run amok and they’ll put us right back into a Great Depression again like they almost did in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 1:59 AM

R15, R16 did you forget our party is in control of the Presidency and both houses of Congress?

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 2:01 AM

R17 This problems brought up happened under Republicans. The baby formula fuck up was negotiated by Trump admin. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2022 2:03 AM

R17 - NAFTA.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 2:04 AM

R18, is the perfect example of how the elites retain power over us . We fight too much against one another

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 2:05 AM

Democrats didn’t give huge tax cuts to the rich or corps- they did the opposite twice under Clinton and Obama. They didn’t allow corps to control everything. That was disproportionately done by Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 2:06 AM

Not a smart move. Republicants don’t buy Teslas. Kill the Boer!

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 2:15 AM

Gurls, smarten up. Tesla will be fine. People will say one thing and do another all the time. There are probably a high percentage of people who are liberal as they come on the streets, but are republicans behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 2:20 AM

Yes. There are many closet conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 2:22 AM

Also we have to stop blaming everything republican on white men. The LatinX community is turning red and Asian Americans are voting republican in droves after the Asian hate crimes that have been continually dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 2:23 AM

The simplistic logic in this is mind-boggling for a high-educated magnate: I cannot endorse the Democrats so I’ll vote for the Republican.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 2:25 AM

His cars are the Dodge/Chrysler of today. Poor quality will catchup to that company.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 2:25 AM

R23, there's Republican and then there's what has happened to the GOP. We're not talking about a difference in ideology over "funding the arts." Do people just pretend we aren't talking about a Republican party now being anti-democratic and openly racist and bigoted? They tried to overthrow the government. That isn't something you pretend is nothing, because we all know what the reaction would've been if a single non-white person so much as stepped on the lawn before even getting to the Capitol.

And if Republicans could actually get people to vote for them, they wouldn't attempt to suppress voting and the bald, fascist fuckhead in PA wouldn't be openly saying that as governor, he doesn't give a fuck who PA voters vote for, they'll just install their Republican pick.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 2:26 AM

Most people want law and order and to protect their incomes and property, and will accordingly if they suddenly feel threatened, regardless of race.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 2:27 AM

Sounds like Musk is getting out in front of something coming out.

You don't make this statement without knowing something is coming out.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 2:27 AM

Tesla's are very underwhelming for the cost. It's an iPad stuck on a dashboard. I want an e-Mercedes. Their body types are so cool and different.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 2:28 AM

R29, you're very simplistic in your thinking. Incredibly simplistic.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 2:28 AM

[quote]And he's not that smart because there aren't enough Republicans to keep Tesla afloat. He's turning off young progressives with his antics.

He might think he can get young progressives to switch to the GOP if they are fans. Cult of personality is strong where he is concerned, it's worth a try because if he succeeds, we are in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2022 2:29 AM

Explain to me why Latinos are going Republican in such large numbers?

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2022 2:29 AM

He was with Amber Turd. No taste, or another rich fool.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2022 2:30 AM

[quote] Also we have to stop blaming everything republican on white men. The LatinX community is turning red

You can stop by calling them LatinX.

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2022 2:32 AM

R34, explain to me why if Republicans are confident in get minority votes, they are passing suppression laws based on lies about fraud?

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2022 2:32 AM

I don't need to explain that to you because I'm not an apologist for the Republican party. I'm seeking an explanation to why Latinos are going Republican. If you can't give me one, piss off.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2022 2:34 AM

Not the working class ones I encounter in Los Angeles r34.

Maybe the ones that are white are voting Rep, anyone darker skinned is not voting GOP I can assure you.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2022 2:35 AM

[quote] Explain to me why Latinos are going Republican in such large numbers?

They’re religious and socially conservative.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2022 2:35 AM

Elon's a sick puppy who needs attention

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2022 2:35 AM

I don't much like his twitter presence.

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2022 2:36 AM

[quote] you're very simplistic in your thinking. Incredibly simplistic.

They’re 1000% spot on.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2022 2:36 AM

I've read that he is deliberately trying to alienate the Twitter employees and users who would most object to his plans, to get them to leave Twitter so he would have a clean slate to do what he wants there.

In other words, there may be a strategy behind these statements. It seems like a dumb strategy to me but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2022 2:43 AM

The party of division and hate? Dirty tricks? Jesus save us from these crazed people. Has there ever been a political party in the US spew hate and lies on a daily basis like the GOP?

Trump, DeSantis, those two women, the Jan 6 mob…

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2022 2:46 AM

What is interesting about the LatinX community, especially LatinX born in the US, is that they are not as liberal or pro-immigration as you might think. They kind of take a "i got mine approach" to immigration and they themselves want tighter borders. Also, they tend to be more pro life and many have been quoted that they feel like all the spotlight is on AA causes. Even ultra progressive Gen Y has said that they will be keeping a tally of promises like student loan forgiveness, reparations, and affirmative action. Biden is not guaranteed their vote - they'll both Bernie if these things don't happen.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2022 2:47 AM

R29 Republicans won’t help with that. They make us all less safe.

Latinos aren’t turning to Republicans in droves. They voted for W in a fairly large number. Asians waver but are trending Democratic. You can’t take 2020 as a trend. COVID threw everything for a loop. Many thought divided govt would be good so voted split ticket. Then 1/6 happened.

Moderates are firmly in the D column as there are almost zilch moderate Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2022 2:49 AM

The current economy is likely to drive people - regardless of their previous political affiliations- to the right though

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2022 2:53 AM

R48 The economy is doing great except inflation. I don’t even notice it at the grocery store. Buy off brand. Same bill. Gas is another story. The Fed will tame inflation.

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2022 2:56 AM

[quote]The economy is doing great except inflation. I don’t even notice it at the grocery store. Buy off brand. Same bill. Gas is another story. The Fed will tame inflation.

Delusion

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2022 3:11 AM

R49: you must be leading a very charmed life. Good for ya

by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2022 3:12 AM

R43, it's simplistic because Republicans only say they believe in those things, they don't actually enact the laws that "protect income" of working class people.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2022 3:12 AM

And an asshole. Pretty sure no Democrat anywhere is upset or surprised by this development.

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2022 3:14 AM

I sense this undercurrent of total racism by Musk so this tracks.

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2022 3:14 AM

Of the 211 House Repigs, 192 of them just voted against $28 million in emergency funding to address baby formula shortage.

So much for kindness Musk claims the Repigs have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2022 3:20 AM

He's an Afrikaner, ya think, R54? Has there ever even been any indication that his family was anti-apartheid? He's a fucking bitch. He's grown so accustomed to people kissing his ass that like that Jordan Peterson douchebag, they think they can say whatever the fuck they want and no one is allowed to say a fucking thing to these dickheads who've never faced adversity based on their race, religion, gender or sexuality. The sense of entitlement to just be repugnant and then play victim at the "audacity" of being called out for it.

Look how little it takes for them to become petulant, take their ball and go home. Imagine if they actually had to contend with the REAL WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2022 3:21 AM

[quote] MAGA can’t afford and don’t want Teslas. And Musk has always been a Republican. Obama made Tesla successful. Republicans didn’t want to give to it

I wonder about this because most of MAGA types I know loathe electric vehicles and hybrids regardless of the manufacturer. They are still stuck on the idea of gas vehicles. I didn't use Facebook for a long time. The day of the Super Bowl, I logged on and a guy who was high school friends with my deceased brother was bitching up a storm about Chevy advertising the electric Silverado truck. He kept saying that he hated Chevy and Ford for developing electric trucks and how it's anti-American. I can't see that guy or some of the other MAGAs I know wanting to buy Teslas even if they had money.

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2022 3:23 AM

R51 It’s called actually pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and finding ways to save money. Fuck, I even clip coupons now. There are tons of deals out there. My bill has not gone up because I’ll buy Kroger brand instead of Kraft. I look for things on sale. It’s not that fucking hard. Gas is a huge issue, but groceries is not if you have half a fucking brain.

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2022 3:23 AM

Musk was handed everything in life. He is not self made which makes him very thin skinned and petulant. His behavior is so embarrassing and immature it has to be parody. He has to be playing MAGA. If he is really this way ahahahahahahahaha. What a baby. Obama made Tesla successful.

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2022 3:26 AM

R58 *are not

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2022 3:28 AM

No matter how much money he has he’s still ugly. And no matter what else he says he’s still a liar. I believe he is picked the right party.

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2022 3:32 AM

Ugliness becomes 100% irrelevant when you are super wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2022 3:34 AM

He has looked like he has some kind of syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Why does this fucker feel the need to announce his every fucking move? Nobody gives a shit except loser incels who worship him.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2022 3:35 AM

He looks like a cross between a marionette and a ventriloquist doll.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2022 3:37 AM

[quote]He has looked like he has some kind of syndrome.

Entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2022 3:38 AM

[quote]Obama made Tesla successful.

No, he did not.

His administration loaned Tesla money to develop the Model S. But engineering and management are what made Tesla successful.

Tesla paid back the loan. 10 years early.

Obama also gave a $535 million loan to Solyndra.

Do you know how that turned out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2022 3:39 AM

He’s trying to distract from Tesla’s falling stock and his Twitter purchase falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2022 3:40 AM

When he sperged about having to pay taxes like the peasants I knew he was a repug.

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2022 3:43 AM

The GQP Death Cult is perfect for a guy who sells deadly self-“driving” cars.

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2022 3:44 AM

R67 Money they wouldn’t have had to do anything. Obama made them successful.

by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2022 3:49 AM

HE STOLE MY LINE!

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2022 3:58 AM

Richard Signorelli @richsignorelli @elonmusk is rapidly becoming the Mike Lindell of EV manufacturers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote]anyone darker skinned is not voting GOP I can assure you.

Lol, do you even talk to any Latinos? Several of my coworkers vote Repug because they are older and religious.

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2022 4:20 AM

R17 = Sinema and Manchn are GOP all the way. And our leadership are wimps. I voted for Biden but he is a clown who can barely function. We better hope Ossoff or a Dem Governor steps up because Kamala and Joe and Petey are not going to win November 2024.

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2022 4:21 AM

R75 A clown? Suuuuure you voted Biden. Suuuuure.

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2022 4:23 AM

Nothing says kindness like an hour with Laura Ingraham!

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2022 4:28 AM

ITT, divisive and hate-fueling leftists prove this man's point.

by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2022 4:28 AM

"Most people want law and order and to protect their incomes and property, and will accordingly if they suddenly feel threatened, regardless of race."

You think the "law and order" party is the one with all the indictments? LOL. Crime is higher in the red states and it was through the roof when Reagan was in office

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2022 4:32 AM

r78 = Ann Coulter

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2022 4:33 AM

Whether or not the Republicans are effective with law and order is irrelevant. It's all about PERCEPTION and perception drives voting choices.

It's not hard to understand, assholes!

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2022 4:35 AM

I want law and order and safety - that’s why I think everyone involved in the attempted coup on 1/6 should be in jail. They tried to overthrow the U.S. government!

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2022 4:36 AM

Republicans are so sweet and loving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2022 4:40 AM

We should all strive to be as classy and dignified as Republicans are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2022 4:43 AM

Why does anyone fall for Elon's bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 85May 19, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]The [bold]LatinX[/bold] community

I'm willing to bet Tesla stock that you're not Latino and using this bullshit-ass term that most Latinos can't even stand.

[quote]Crime is higher in the red states

Yes. And it's mostly rural areas with little to no law enforcement presence. So, I guess this is a good argument for why more, and not less, police are needed to protect communities. At least that's the case in Alaska.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 19, 2022 4:44 AM

He’s the living brand of the ugly, crooked GOP.

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2022 4:45 AM

Stephanie Ruhle and her panel just covered his tweet tonight on MSNBC. They said that Musk nows that the FCC under Biden is going to rake him over the coals for his Twitter stock manipulation and he's trying to get out ahead of it by going after Democrats. That way he can accuse Biden of attacking him for his political beliefs rather than his illegal stock manipulation.

I'm so sick of Republicans getting away with their unethical business practices. I feel like we're living in end times.

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2022 4:45 AM

Those wacky, fun-loving Republicans, poking fun at our President in the gentlest way possible!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2022 4:45 AM

r80 You are not better than anyone, and adding to the problem in society. The worst type of person is someone with a moral superiority complex. Neither side has any shortage of either. Enjoy continuing to live with zero self-awareness, though.

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2022 4:46 AM

Get your flag today! Show your neighbors how anti-hatred and anti-division you are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2022 4:50 AM

Funny that a guy who sells electric cars is becoming a hero of the coal-rollin’ crowd.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2022 4:52 AM

He people need to get him off Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2022 4:53 AM

[quote]It's all about PERCEPTION and perception drives voting choices.

Yes. And the perception of Democrats is that they condone the following:

* Lawlessness and violence against their political and ideological opponents,

* Incitement of racial tension and division

* Grooming children into sterilization and self-mutilation

* Killing babies in-utero up to 9 months for any reason

* The erasure of women via language and legislation that caters to the needs of biological males at the expense, while simultaneously not being able to define what a woman is.

------

The democrats are losing the moderates and centers of their own party with how far to the left they've gone. I guess losing seats in November is the only way many of you will wake up and realize the path of self-destruction your own party has been on as of late.

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2022 4:54 AM

The perception of Republicans is that they support the following:

- The end of abortion rights, and eventually contraception

- The end of same-sex marriage and other civil rights for gay people

- Getting rid of Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare

- Using our tax dollars to pay for religious indoctrination

- Unrestricted gun ownership everywhere

- Public-health policy based on denial and junk science

- The death of democratic self-rule in America forever.

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2022 5:01 AM

[quote]The end of abortion rights

You seem to not be aware that many people who are anti-abortion do not view it as a good thing and consider it baby murder. So I'm not sure why you included this as a negative.

[quote]The end of same-sex marriage and other civil rights for gay people

Actually, according to data from Pew Research, Republicans have become more accepting of same-sex marriage and gays.

[quote]Getting rid of Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare

Cutting spending on the above =/= getting rid of it.

[quote]Using our tax dollars to pay for religious indoctrination

Lol, wut?

[quote]Unrestricted gun ownership everywhere

Well, per the 2nd amendment, gun control laws are actually unconstitutional. Ironically, gun control exists because of Republicans (Reagan when he was governor of California), though.

[quote]Public-health policy based on denial and junk science

I'd say both parties are tied, here.

[quote]The death of democratic self-rule in America forever.

Tied here, too.

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2022 5:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2022 5:20 AM

The low-intelligence trolls here are tragic.

A head full of Fox News and not an ounce of "self-awareness", huh r90?

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2022 5:21 AM

I knew he was a scumbag when he through a tantrum over covid restrictions in California, pre-vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2022 5:24 AM

R96, you are completely delusional. And an outright liar. In other words, a typical GQPer.

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2022 5:30 AM

[quote]You seem to not be aware that many people who are anti-abortion do not view it as a good thing and consider it baby murder. So I'm not sure why you included this as a negative.

You're "not quite sure why" people who support the right to legal abortion would see "this as a negative"? You don't understand that people with an opposing point of view tend to disagree with you?

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2022 5:33 AM

R96 = YOU are an idiot. Most Republicans support Abortion Rights and still the GOP elected officials are getting rid of abortion against the will of their own supporters. Which is exactly what they are going to do with LGBT Rights next. They do not care "most people accept abortion or gay rights"....You are truly an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2022 5:40 AM

[quote]You're "not quite sure why" people who support the right to legal abortion would see "this as a negative"?

No, Magoo. The point was to show how the [bold]moderate Democrats and those who may be on the political fence[/bold] perceive the current Democratic party. In other words, my list was to show how Democrats are losing members of their [bold]own[/bold] party. Your list was from the perception of those outside of the Republican party which wasn't the point being made.

Republicans aren't losing voters nearly as much as Democrats are. And no matter how often you're beaten over the head with the fact that your party is losing its constituents you still don't get it and stay stuck on stupid until mid-terms lights a proverbial fire under your asses. It's insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2022 5:45 AM

Republicans are creating laws that reject the will of the majority of voters, so WTF would abortion be an exception? The Republicans are undemocratic scum.

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2022 5:47 AM

Lord have mercy. I give up, lol.

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2022 5:50 AM

As much as we hate McConnell we Dems need to hate OURSELVES for not electing someone who actually accomplishes things. I would love to elect a Democrat who will steal the SCOTUS the way the GOP has. But we have Old Time Joe talk about reaching across the aisle (how did that work out)...We have Shumer declaring he will SHAME the Republicans with an abortion vote (hey dumbass--they are NOT ashamed)...And 100 Million Dollar Nancy rolling marbles in her mouth..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2022 5:58 AM

[quote]Your list was from the perception of those outside of the Republican party which wasn't the point being made.

What list? I left you a comment, not a list.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2022 6:00 AM

[quote]We have Shumer declaring he will SHAME the Republicans with an abortion vote (hey dumbass--they are NOT ashamed)...And 100 Million Dollar Nancy rolling marbles in her mouth..

We need tons of John Fettermans who aren't afraid to tell Republicans to go fuck themselves. And no more Schumers and their stupid fucking votes. It really is getting fucking exhausting with Schumer and his votes which we know going in will fail but he does it for "history" like these fucking right-wing turds give a shit about how they'll look in "history." A hall monitor is more intimidating than Schumer.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2022 6:03 AM

Elon thinks pronouns are division and hate, but preventing people from entering the country based on their religion isn’t.

Separating little children from parents because they’re illegal aliens isn’t.

Breaking into the capital building and killing guards, and trying to kidnap and murder congresspeople because your buffoon of a candidate didn’t win, isn’t.

Stick to business, Elon. The adults are talking.

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2022 6:14 AM

I think if Twitter is one of your main windows on the world, you could easily develop the impression that the Left is riven with identitarian hatred and driven by resentment over other peoples' success. Those things are absolutely omnipresent there.

But as he well knows Twitter isn't a window on reality so he needs to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2022 6:37 AM

Will Elon Musk threaten to buy DL next?

by Anonymousreply 111May 19, 2022 6:40 AM

[quote] We democrats...

Beware of anyone who starts a sentence with this. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much!

by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2022 6:54 AM

He's a troll, a stunt queen.

[quote] .@elonmusk is rapidly becoming the Mike Lindell of EV manufacturers.

LOL. Now I want David Hogg to start his own electric car business.

by Anonymousreply 113May 19, 2022 7:06 AM

Elon Musk has made the correct choice.

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2022 7:21 AM

[quote]Maybe the ones that are white are voting Rep, anyone darker skinned is not voting GOP I can assure you.

Get out of your LA bubble. Go to Florida, Cubans are VERY pro Republican. Marco Rubio ring a bell? Of course, just like all Repugs, the Cubans are total hypocrites when it comes to immigration. The deal is, if they can make it to land from Cuba, the instant they set foot on sand, they get a special type of immunity and are allowed to stay and become American citizens. But those other brown people from Mexico, they are "illegals" and should be instantly returned or prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2022 7:26 AM

[quote]Republicans aren't losing voters nearly as much as Democrats are.

Yes because hate is an addicting and easy to get drug. Compassion and logic is rare.

by Anonymousreply 116May 19, 2022 7:30 AM

Musk-Nicklaus ‘24

by Anonymousreply 117May 19, 2022 7:32 AM

[quote]Well, per the 2nd amendment, gun control laws are actually unconstitutional. Ironically, gun control exists because of Republicans (Reagan when he was governor of California), though.

Actually ARMS not guns. So anything from a sward to a home made dirty bomb is included in that broad definition. Of course it's illegal to have home made bombs and carry them around with you, because over time, the laws evolved. Which begs the question, if you are an "originalist" about abortion never being a right in the original constitution, to be intellectually honest, thenmaking bombs should now be legal too. Oh right, forgot, Repug Judges are liers and hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 118May 19, 2022 7:38 AM

Never ever forget that Repug judges are liars and hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 119May 19, 2022 7:43 AM

This pisses me off, I was literally re-writing my resume for a job opening at Tesla for something I have the skill set for. Sigh. Oh well, I have seen lots of other startup EV lately, maybe I will apply to some of them instead. Most are in California and would rather live there than Texas. They look better anyways, Tesla to me look like minimalized economy cars. The body style is not that innovative, streamline or appealing. Gull wing doors have been done many times before, that's the only redeeming design feature I like. Ipad stuck to the dash, no integration into the dash makes it look cheap. I think Toyota PRIUS does that.

by Anonymousreply 120May 19, 2022 7:48 AM

Elon Musk got the United States Government to spend Five Billion Dollars on EV Charging Stations for the cars HE sells. Don't ever wonder who Buttigieg really works for because it sure isn't Biden or the American people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 19, 2022 7:55 AM

R38 most people are cis gender so most Latinos are not going to be calling themselves Latinx. That doesn't mean most Latinos can't stand it. Second, Latinos are not a monolithic group so you're never going to get that simple explanation as to why some of Latinos vote Republican. Chicano Catholics from South Texas voted for Trump for one reason while Miami Cubans did it for a different reason and so on. Third, Latinos are not "going Republican". Only about 25% of Latinos identify as Republican and that's been stable for a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 19, 2022 7:58 AM

Sorry, you didn't say the latinx thing. That was someone else. I'm a little stoned.

by Anonymousreply 123May 19, 2022 7:59 AM

[quote]Elon Musk got the United States Government to spend Five Billion Dollars on EV Charging Stations for the cars HE sells. Don't ever wonder who Buttigieg really works for because it sure isn't Biden or the American people.

TROLL ALERT. Sorry Repug, that's not actually true. The Five Billion is for ALL EV cars, nothing specifically for Tesla. In cause you have been living in a box, there are dozens of companies now entering the market. In fact, Musk was pissed off that Biden didn't invite him to the White House for one of their planning discussion. And when Musk got pissy, Buttigieg smaked him down on Musks Twitter rant by saying something to the effect "discussion was about emissions, news to him that Tesla now have exhaust pipes".

Buttigieg is NOT a fan of Musk, Buttigieg is very Dem and Pro Union, Pro average guy, not Musk Billionaires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 19, 2022 8:22 AM

Musk/Nicklaus ‘24

by Anonymousreply 125May 19, 2022 8:28 AM

Lots of EV startups, California has a goal of being the first state in the Union to be predominantly EV. With 40, million potential customers just in one state, it's sparked a lot of startups.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 19, 2022 8:33 AM

^looks like a stretch Corolla

by Anonymousreply 127May 19, 2022 8:36 AM

Did you even bother to watch the video R127, it's not just one car you simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2022 8:41 AM

[quote]I'm so sick of Republicans getting away with their unethical business practices. I feel like we're living in end times.

Just relax. I'm sure they're very sorry.

by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2022 8:44 AM

How is his stock doing? I expect his tweets will get even crazier when Tesla shares tank even more in future months and he needs to get out of this deal.

I also think he wants to manipulate the midterm elections with his tweets just like he tries to manipulate Twitter's stock value. But guys like him seem to overestimate their actual followers and influence. Dump's stupid spawn Eric just posted the other day why people still believe Biden got 80 million votes, when Biden only has 1/5 of Trump's followers. These assholes do not realize that Twitter is a global company and not all of his followers are American and mostly younger people use SM plus millions of bots. I highly doubt the majority of Musk's followers is American, human and in an age group that actually cares about the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2022 8:48 AM

If Elon had said something nasty about the GOP they'd just about hang him.

by Anonymousreply 131May 19, 2022 9:20 AM

Twitter should just suspend his account till the deal is done. Automatic lifetime suspension if he cancels the deal. This how you deal with this asshole. He will fire all executives if he really buys Twitter, so what?

by Anonymousreply 132May 19, 2022 9:28 AM

[quote]He's just trying to broaden Tesla's user base. He's neither a Democrat nor Republican... he's an opportunist.

Nah, he's embarrassed, he lost his recent SEC appeal, he's being investigated by the SEC again and now the FTC as well, he knows he's in trouble for his stock market shenanigans, and he is now trying to save face, so he's setting the stage for a vast Democratic Party conspiracy against him, to explain away all the trouble he's about to get into.

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2022 9:34 AM

This is where the Democrats will be pussies, once again. Smear? Fuck that baby shit. Go get him on securities fraud, insider trading, market manipulation, OSHA violations, negligent homicide in those autonomous deaths, workplace harassment. Remove every single fucking tax incentive, even separating out Tesla from other EV OEMs (let them sue away - will tie up years in court while GM and Ford can get value-priced models for the masses into the market). Investigate the FUCK out of his family's emerald wealth, revoke their visas if they haven't naturalized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2022 9:36 AM

^ so the Democrats should use every lever of the state to persecute those who disagree with them politically? And Republicans should do the same to their opponents when they get back into power?

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2022 9:42 AM

Did I just hear someone say that holding a billionaire accountable for purposely hiding his stake in Twitter so he could make a profit on stocks is "persecution"? HA! Ha ha ha ha! hahaha lol

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2022 9:44 AM

The Republicans have already been doing that for ages, R135 (Trump, Desantis, Christie). The Democrats never, ever answer back, not even when fully justified and within legal and ethical boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 137May 19, 2022 9:46 AM

[quote]most people are cis gender so most Latinos are not going to be calling themselves Latinx.

All you had to say is "most Latinos are normal". There is no such thing as "cis".

by Anonymousreply 138May 19, 2022 10:10 AM

He joins the Republican Party, because they encourage their members to not take responsibility for their criminal actions (using any appeal they can and throw some patsy under the bus). Liberals are expected to take responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 139May 19, 2022 10:14 AM

He so wishes he could run for president.

by Anonymousreply 140May 19, 2022 10:19 AM

Did anyone ask how I feel??

by Anonymousreply 141May 19, 2022 10:22 AM

Glued*

by Anonymousreply 142May 19, 2022 10:23 AM

Is Elon going to be in a conservatorship soon? Erratic public behavior, unstable relationships, and incoherent statements? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 143May 19, 2022 10:33 AM

Who’s the Boris furiously defending Republicans and slamming Democrats overnight when it’s daylight in Russia? This person also made no sense and his trolling was the most pathetic, basic talking points I’ve ever heard. We have the worst fucking trolls.

by Anonymousreply 144May 19, 2022 10:34 AM

His mommy is defending him on Twitter, r143, implying that Twitter is conspiring against him because small accounts criticizing Musk are getting too many likes, according to her, so probably not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 19, 2022 10:36 AM

Block the 3 trolls who love deep throating Musk and are obviously huge MAGA Republicans/Russians.

by Anonymousreply 146May 19, 2022 10:38 AM

“Kindness” - as if any political party is about that. I’m so sick of that word. It is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 147May 19, 2022 10:45 AM

I don’t care if he joined the party of unicorns with pots of gold at the end of the rainbow- he’s still an annoying and exhausting troll.

Total attention whore who has over stayed his welcome anywhere where he is for over 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 148May 19, 2022 11:05 AM

I'm as exhausted hearing about him as I was of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 149May 19, 2022 11:06 AM

Musk is a rich spoiled boy handed everything to him, had to get tons of money from the govt and still makes cars that crash and have inferior batteries.

by Anonymousreply 150May 19, 2022 11:09 AM

[quote]Liberals are expected to take responsibility.

Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 151May 19, 2022 11:10 AM

[quote] Musk is a rich spoiled boy handed everything to him, had to get tons of money from the govt and still makes cars that crash and have inferior batteries.

True.

You know he’s jumped the shark when a Rothschild (David) goes after him on Twitter.

Musk is a huge scammer and with his Twitter debacle, the jig is up.

Hope his feet are held to the fire, and he doesn’t slink off as he is often wont to do.

by Anonymousreply 152May 19, 2022 11:15 AM

Miss Lindzebelle put her foot down & told him, he must declare Republican or no more nookie will be coming his way.

by Anonymousreply 153May 19, 2022 11:16 AM

No Latin person I know likes this "LatinX" bullshit. Oh, except the stupid woke dykes writing in television for shows like Vida that no one watches. I swear, you won't find a more insane bunch of fascistic, snowflake lunatics than writing for TV these days.

by Anonymousreply 154May 19, 2022 11:20 AM

The GOP and its hateful minions are like our current Muriel: Declare everything is equal (voting access, racial equality, civil rights, etc.), then we discover W&W/like votes are unlimited...but we get TWO F&F votes per day.

by Anonymousreply 155May 19, 2022 11:20 AM

R151 Oh no, cunt. You must not have heard about Republicans who scream and cry over everything like Dump and his constant sore loser/crying. STFU Boris.

by Anonymousreply 156May 19, 2022 11:21 AM

R150, agreed. This asshole has been grifting off the US government way too long. Using our tax dollars to fund his shitty schemes.

I love Tesla, so no beef there, but I have major beef at what an asshole he is to his employees and how he grifts from state to state, and I also take issue how he sponges off our government, while having kids from all of these women who eventually dump him, because it’s almost impossible to have solid relationships with an aspie, even one who almost passes for highly functional.

I see him give nothing back. This guy is just a user and a taker. Hope his kids turn out better than him, but because he’s been careless AF about spreading his seed, I doubt he himself will have enough time to spend with any of his spawn, to ensure they don’t end up fucked up like the poor kids living in project housing, who are all related to each other because their father screwed 20 women in the same building.

Whether you’re a man or a woman, be responsible. Don’t go dropping kids everywhere you go. It’s NOT fair for those children or their mothers. And YES. The women are total fools for having kids with irresponsible men like this, regardless of their skin color or social status.

Would you want to have kids with some dude who already has 8 or 10 with different women?

A smart and responsible woman says FUCK NO.

Elon says, “Sure, why not? American tax dollars will pay for them too”!

by Anonymousreply 157May 19, 2022 11:26 AM

Latinos have always been super conservative (at least, the men). They enter the military in droves, and then there's the Catholic thing.

Musk is like many older white men, Bitter about some petty bullshit, realizing that white male privilege doesn't buy happiness, and just not wanting change to happen.

I know one of them, a really nice guy on the surface, and we belong to a group where black members have constantly told us about the hatred they've had to deal with on a day to day basis as well as the uptick in shootings under Trump. Despite this, he actually voted for Trump the second time.

His mind is crusty, and he doesn't keep with the times vis a vis computers, smart phones. Not that he's dumb, but he's angry that he missed out in some way. I think his divorce pissed him off, too. This is your Trump voter.

by Anonymousreply 158May 19, 2022 11:26 AM

“I’d rather be Russian than Democrat”

by Anonymousreply 159May 19, 2022 11:28 AM

Trump claimed to be a Democrat because it was helpful for networking with elected officials in NYC. He shared none of their policies. It was only when he began his racist birtherisms with Obama that his true self became more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 160May 19, 2022 11:34 AM

Oh good. Now i don't regret dumping Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 161May 19, 2022 11:39 AM

Here’s the thing:

You have to be super ethical, exceptionally so, in order to be mega rich or generationally wealthy, in order to not become a Republican.

This is all about keeping as much money as one can keep, no matter what one has to do to keep it.

It’s difficult for people who are highly empathetic, to understand this, but it really is true.

People cross over all ideological thought in order to keep their money out of the hands of greedy bankers and the IRS - not to mention the psychopaths who operate below the international media radar.

by Anonymousreply 162May 19, 2022 11:42 AM

[quote] You have to be super ethical, exceptionally so, in order to be mega rich or generationally wealthy, in order to not become a Republican.

I'm not sure i agree. You just have be normally ethical, not exceptionally so. And if you're right, its a sad sad world.

by Anonymousreply 163May 19, 2022 11:46 AM

unethical*?

by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2022 11:46 AM

Is anyone surprised? He's another self-satisfied, attention=seeking, gaslighting, sick fuck.

So he's now on the team of famed liars and cheats trump, mcconnell, desantis, and all those other slimeballs.

by Anonymousreply 165May 19, 2022 11:47 AM

R163:

It’s a sad, SAD world.

But not for the rich!

by Anonymousreply 166May 19, 2022 11:59 AM

r166, are you kidding? It's a SUPER SAD world for the rich, because of LIBERAL CANCEL CULTURE!!!! It's the worst of the worst for them. Look at poor Musk running to the Republicans because mean Liberals being total Nazis to him.

The right wing incels killing people? For rich people, that results in a big "Meh!". But getting called out on social media? The horror! The absolute horror!

by Anonymousreply 167May 19, 2022 1:06 PM

Maye Musk and her potato-faced son will never be invited to the Met Gala again. Perhaps Anna was telegraphing what she really thought of them when she invited them the same year as all the Kardashians.

Elon is framing this as a witch hunt because he knows he’s run afoul of SEC and while Twitter might let him troll to his heart’s content, the Feds will not.

I think Tesla’s days of success are numbered. They benefited from being one of the first in the space but now that practically every major car maker has a fully-electric vehicle there are many more options and consumers won’t have to put up with months-long waits for their cars, recalls once they get them, and god forbid, months without a car at all when an important part is on back order.

The major car companies know how to deliver and service cars, they know how to ensure parts availability and instillation. They have dealerships which serve as clearing houses for all of these services. Tesla has not had to learn to provide any of these because of their primacy and the learning curve will be steep when people demand better or buy other brands.

by Anonymousreply 168May 19, 2022 1:34 PM

Elon has Trump's ego but forgets not one GOP person wants Electric cars mainstream. His money is built on Democratic policies making his 100K cars somewhat affordable.

by Anonymousreply 169May 19, 2022 3:01 PM

[quote]His money is built on Democratic policies making his 100K cars somewhat affordable.

EXACTLY.

Has anyone reminded him that the reason he has gotten this wealthy is because the left is who embraced his ideas? What a selfish, fucking prick. It shows what a rotten asshole he is that all of the truly vile things the right has done means nothing because when you're white, it's fine that people like Tucker Carlson are out there saying the most vile things and poisoning the minds of so many.

The media fucking sucks because to this day, they don't take seriously what the Republicans have done and are doing. They've mainstreamed the toxicity of the right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 170May 19, 2022 4:37 PM

I hope this bankrupts him.

by Anonymousreply 171May 19, 2022 4:40 PM

Elon Musk denounces Democratic Party And declares himself a Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 172May 19, 2022 4:40 PM

I’m glad I never bought a Tesla.

by Anonymousreply 173May 19, 2022 4:48 PM

[quote] He's just trying to broaden Tesla's user base.

That's exactly what he's doing. His stocks are dropping and he's losing buyers. No where to turn but to deplorables. Same thing that's happened to Maher and Rogan. You lose your fan base you have to look elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 19, 2022 4:56 PM

Considering all of his fanboys are right-wing incels, maybe the new Teslas shouldn't even bother making passenger seats.

by Anonymousreply 175May 19, 2022 4:59 PM

having* passenger seats

by Anonymousreply 176May 19, 2022 5:00 PM

Someone on twitter brought receipts (I guess they are public record) of his donations to the GOP RIGHT AFTER the January 6 insurrection.

This 'denouncement' is just front-running claims of political witch-hunt and victimhood as his stock manipulations are uncovered. It's straight out of Trump's playbook.

At the same, it came out that the 5th Circuit overseen by Alito (of course) has basically dismantled SEC's power to enforce securities law. Coincidence?

by Anonymousreply 177May 19, 2022 5:39 PM

R177, can you link? I want to see.

by Anonymousreply 178May 19, 2022 6:16 PM

Repugs and deplorables calling Democrats the party of hate and division after 4 years of Trump encouraging it is the most blatant projection I've seen yet.

by Anonymousreply 179May 19, 2022 6:50 PM

[quote]His stocks are dropping and he's losing buyers.

May 17th :

GM share: 36.36 USD

Ford share: 13.01 USD

Lucid share: 19.48 USD

Tesla?

715.49 USD

by Anonymousreply 180May 19, 2022 6:50 PM

^Typo: May 19th (not 17th)

by Anonymousreply 181May 19, 2022 6:51 PM

Yep, R179. Alone with the "grooming" and "pedo" accusations when they've got likes of Roy Moore, Gaetz and several arrested GOP officials on their side and the "pro-life crap when they've got Republicans who've gotten MULTIPLE abortions for their wives and mistresses

by Anonymousreply 182May 19, 2022 6:53 PM

Along*

by Anonymousreply 183May 19, 2022 6:53 PM

Elon seems to be basing his "denouncement" on how poorly he was received on Twitter. The guy claims he's all for free speech until it's negatively directed at him.

by Anonymousreply 184May 19, 2022 7:09 PM

R180:

Tesla stock on 4/4/22: $1145

Tesla stock now: $717

That’s what “stock dropping” means, you utter moron.

by Anonymousreply 185May 19, 2022 7:13 PM

R175 Don't forget his fan lady and her husband who recently got kicked off an airplane.

by Anonymousreply 186May 19, 2022 7:17 PM

With Biden's low ratings, we can expect more people to vote to the Right.

by Anonymousreply 187May 19, 2022 7:18 PM

R187, out of the last ten presidents, how many times did the incumbent maintain the house during midterms?

Republicans make no secret of wanting to control voting to the point of ignoring who voters vote for and just putting in their choice along with the voter suppression laws - doesn't sound like a party that thinks it has a groundswell of support.

And you think it's ground-breaking that a wealthy, white guy (an Afrikaner no less) is supporting an openly racist and bigoted party that only serves the wealthiest? Are you also shocked water is wet?

by Anonymousreply 188May 19, 2022 7:27 PM

[quote]Elon seems to be basing his "denouncement" on how poorly he was received on Twitter. The guy claims he's all for free speech until it's negatively directed at him.

And these would be the people who think white privilege doesn't exist. This one --like Peterson-- have only faced criticism on a s c r e e n, and they can't handle it. And they go running to a party that makes life a living hell in the real world for so many groups of people

by Anonymousreply 189May 19, 2022 7:43 PM

R174 Maher is not losing his fan base. His fan base was never super progressive in the first place. Most of them are moderate democrats of which I am one.

by Anonymousreply 190May 19, 2022 7:47 PM

R190, if you think it's OK to give a platform to someone like Steve Bannon, you're no longer a moderate. You're an enabler of why Buffalo happened.

by Anonymousreply 191May 19, 2022 7:49 PM

What R94 and R103 said.

"The democrats are losing the moderates and centers of their own party with how far to the left they've gone. I guess losing seats in November is the only way many of you will wake up and realize the path of self-destruction your own party has been on as of late. "

Unfortunately, they'll blame it all on 'Maga-Trolls', etc..

And it's worth noting that the poll at R103's link was done by ABC/WaPo -- NOT Fox News or sheesh, Elon Musk.

by Anonymousreply 192May 19, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote]"The democrats are losing the moderates and centers of their own party with how far to the left they've gone.

Point to the far-left legislation that backs this claim.

You know why you're called trolls, R192? Because you cowardly deflect and refuse to debate. POINT. TO. FAR. LEFT. LEGISLATION. Then I'll list the litany of fucking FAR-RIGHT legislation that actually exists in countless states.

There's no legislation that is far-left. People like Reagan, Nixon and Bush would be called "RINOs" today because the Republican party is far right.

No, the left didn't move far-left. You just got old and bitter and decided that because gay marriage is now law thanks entirely to the left, fuck everyone else. Let it go away in the countless Republican states and believe me, as a NYer, I won't give a fuck about any gay in flyover or the south who pulled this bullshit of trying to blame some tweet or someone wanting to be called "they" for you having enabled actual fascism on the right.

by Anonymousreply 193May 19, 2022 8:01 PM

Tesla Autopilot has an ego problem, much like Musk

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 19, 2022 8:42 PM

It's not that complicated guys, he's pissy because Biden and Pete are moving ahead with a plan to expand the use of electric cars and Elon is NOT the star of the show. They passed on him and he's having a cunty Karen meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 195May 19, 2022 8:45 PM

Grimes got out just in time, before the big fall

by Anonymousreply 196May 19, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote]Tesla stock on 4/4/22: $1145 Tesla stock now: $717

GM stock on 1/4/22: 65.74 ...GM stock now: 36.12

Ford stock on 1/14/22: 25.19 ...Ford stock now: 12.85

Lucas stock on 1/11/22: 45.47. ...Lucid stock now: 19.27

by Anonymousreply 197May 19, 2022 10:49 PM

^Lucid

by Anonymousreply 198May 19, 2022 10:49 PM

R197 Republicans have allowed the rich to become so powerful they will/do control our lives. Biden moved $5T to the bottom 99%. Wants to do more with BBB. Wants a wealth tax. The response? An epic freak out from the rich like Musk and Bezos, companies greatly adding to inflation by jacking up prices while having record profits all to hurt Democrats and elect Republicans to power. Make no mistake- anytime in the future any party actually wants to give wealth to the bottom 99% the rich will fuck us up to get them out of office. Bookmark this.

by Anonymousreply 199May 19, 2022 10:52 PM

[quote]It's not that complicated guys, he's pissy because Biden and Pete are moving ahead with a plan to expand the use of electric cars and Elon is NOT the star of the show.

Uh...no, Tesla more than anyone has expanded and continues to expand and encourage the use of electric cars...even giving a hand to the competition by making Tesla Superchargers available to drivers of other electric cars

"Tesla Supercharger Proposal Could Benefit Biden Infrastructure Plan"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 19, 2022 10:56 PM

R200 He’s completely fucking over his own brand because he’s a sociopathic thin skinned baby who can’t take being called out, who has blocked countless people on Twitter, who cancels others speech, who was handed everything in life. Now he is gaslighting a party who made him, whose policies support his company, who is now voting for a party (he’s always voted for them) whose policies will or want to hurt his entire brand. For what? He doesn’t believe in free speech. He sees how easy the rubes are to grift.

by Anonymousreply 201May 19, 2022 10:59 PM

R193 still doesn't get it. The common voter doesn't think "lemme check the legislation" when someone is branded as 'socialist" or "communist" on the media they follow.

by Anonymousreply 202May 19, 2022 11:43 PM

Fuck Elon Musk. He is an twat, who is as ugly inside as he is outside....

by Anonymousreply 203May 19, 2022 11:50 PM

[quote]No, the left didn't move far-left.

The general PERCEPTION is that it has.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 19, 2022 11:53 PM

Meanwhile, forced-birth extremists are attacking clinics and patients.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 20, 2022 12:00 AM

R152 Curious, what's the significance of a Rothschild "going after" him? Some would call that an endorsement. I assume Musk has even more fuck you money than they do.

by Anonymousreply 206May 20, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote]May 17th :

GM share: 36.36 USD

Ford share: 13.01 USD

Lucid share: 19.48 USD

Tesla?

715.49 USD

You obviously have no idea how stock prices work.

by Anonymousreply 207May 20, 2022 12:11 AM

of course

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 20, 2022 12:18 AM

R30

Told you.

by Anonymousreply 209May 20, 2022 12:27 AM

We already knew he’s an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 210May 20, 2022 12:35 AM

Democrats need to stop buying Teslas.

by Anonymousreply 211May 20, 2022 12:39 AM

Timeline of Musk learning of the story and his subsequent circus-like tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 20, 2022 12:40 AM

r202, I'm not talking to the avg voter, I'm talking to YOU. I know the "average voter" knows less than shit, but it's people like you and the other poster who keep insisting that the Dems have gone "far left." So are you saying you're the ignorant, average voter or can you actually back up your claim that the Dems have gone "far left" when it comes to actual legislation as opposed to pointing to some small college in like Oregon deciding to get rid of grades and therefore, that's your excuse to vote for the GOP?

I'll help you out: It apparently offends you more that someone wants to be called "they" than the Republican party's members participating in a coup to overthrow the United States govt by killing the VP and elected officials. People were hunted on behalf of Donald Trump and this Afrikkkaner trash is a spoiled bitch who has no excuse to vote for the GOP beyond greed, being undemocratic and hate.

by Anonymousreply 213May 20, 2022 1:05 AM

[quote] pointing to some small college in like Oregon deciding to get rid of grades and therefore, that's your excuse to vote for the GOP

Similarly, r213, the existence of weird androgynes with purple hair means that all gay people ought to be shoved back into their closets.

by Anonymousreply 214May 20, 2022 1:08 AM

I hate him more than Jeff Bezos.

by Anonymousreply 215May 20, 2022 1:10 AM

R215, and what's funny is that these imbeciles on the right think because Bezos owns WaPo that we on the left swoon over him (and Zuckerberg). The right-wing are such fucking idiots.

by Anonymousreply 216May 20, 2022 1:12 AM

The only dirty tricks campaign against Musk is not kissing his ass and not buying Tesla automobile s and quitting Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 217May 20, 2022 1:29 AM

This asshole is still wealthy, Joe Rogan still has his podcast, Trump is not in prison where he belongs nor is any one of his inner circle who either were involved in trying to overthrow the govt or committed espionage like his scumbag SIL

Colin Kaepernack silently protested on his knee and was out of a job (even the president called for his firing because 1A doesn't apply to anyone against that orange shitstain).

But sure, wealthy white guys are the real victims in America.

by Anonymousreply 218May 20, 2022 1:35 AM

Both sides are so unhappy, everybody mad that somebody’s not going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 219May 20, 2022 1:39 AM

Right, R219 "but her mails" so "lock her up. "

Totally, like "both sides"

by Anonymousreply 220May 20, 2022 1:41 AM

emails*

by Anonymousreply 221May 20, 2022 1:42 AM

I have absolutely nothing to add here, but I love you cunts. Be happy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 20, 2022 1:48 AM

[quote] because 1A doesn't apply

What's 1A?

by Anonymousreply 223May 20, 2022 1:48 AM

1A = First Amendment

by Anonymousreply 224May 20, 2022 1:59 AM

Twist that around R220. The Tesla Super Charge stations will be opened up to ALL electric vehicles, not just Tesla. That's not how it works now. There are several levels of charging stations, by various companies, but they are slow. The Tesla ones are the fastest out there but only open to Tesla customers. Expanding super charging to everyone will boost the competition, it is not exactly a handout to Elon.

by Anonymousreply 225May 20, 2022 2:25 AM

This is all very simple. Piss off the current customer base until the stock drops and you get pushed out by the board of directors. Since Democrats are traditionally the pro-environment party and probably the vast majority of owners, all you have to do is say something nasty on Twitter about then and watch the sales drop and the stock to fallow. Then he gets push out for his irresponsible public statements and can claim victim of Wokness. Bonus points for selling billions of his stock in advance which he has already done.

He said years ago he wanted out, even went so far as to try out a CEO from some other car company but it didnt go well. Elon's ego was so massive he said he would quit if only he could find someone to do as good as he does. He wants out, pissing off progressives is the key.

Like a bad relationship, making the other person hate you so they will be the one who does the dirty work of ending the relationship. Look at how many times he's been married. He's not good at people things like relationships. That's Aspie Elon.

by Anonymousreply 226May 20, 2022 2:39 AM

Are there people here acting like the entire reason Musk became what he did isn't specifically because Democrats/the left embraced the notion of getting off of fossil fuels a very long time ago and fought for it through legislation and earmarking $ specifically for alternative fuels? You think all of those engineers around him are mostly Trump supporters?

His enemies are the idiots currently licking his stupid ass because he's an entitled douchebag like them.

by Anonymousreply 227May 20, 2022 2:39 AM

It's all HER fault. Been saying for a long time Repugs are from another planet. Documented proof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 20, 2022 2:55 AM

#Elongate is both an amazing and horrific name for all of this

by Anonymousreply 229May 20, 2022 3:32 AM

Elon Must used Democrats to help build his wealth.

The moment Democrats threatened that wealth by supporting unions and wanting to tax billionaires, he decides to use Republicans to try and defend himself against those things.

He's an idiot. A selfish, self-absorbed, sociopathic, greedy, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 230May 20, 2022 3:35 AM

Maybe he's pissed about what's airing tomorrow night on FX/HULU. A documentary about his death traps:

‘Elon Musk’s Crash Course’ -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231May 20, 2022 4:02 AM

I blame naked equity worship in 1982. We were bombarded with sarcastic shitheads who had talking cars, islands where one could live any fantasy for a price, and ballet dancers who welded steel and stripped their clothing off for dollars.

This merry asshole is a twelve year-old Hansel-headed boy.

by Anonymousreply 232May 20, 2022 4:15 AM

They are both Napoleonic, super villains and we gave/give them the destructive powers they crave. They both have abnormal faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 20, 2022 4:21 AM

republicans are the party of deceit, violence, and rape. He fits right in.

by Anonymousreply 234May 20, 2022 5:59 AM

Satan worshipers.

by Anonymousreply 235May 20, 2022 6:22 AM

I have nightmares where he's chasing me in my Winnebago, which turns out to be auto piloted by him and his devil worshiper friends. It doesn't end well for me.

by Anonymousreply 236May 20, 2022 6:26 AM

"THE CRUELTY IS THE POINT" This applies to Musk as much as to Trump

by Anonymousreply 237May 20, 2022 8:06 AM

T-esla-RUMP

by Anonymousreply 238May 20, 2022 8:18 AM

Drop the T(esla). Now that particular cancel movement I can get behind.

by Anonymousreply 239May 20, 2022 9:52 AM

I really do think these people could be Satan worshippers. These are evil people. The greed in this country is off the charts. It is killing us. We don’t have capitalism. We have Oligarchy. We have no competition. When I see people say they aren’t Democrats anymore, but will still vote for Democrats (ok dumbass), I think what kind of person says this NOW. NOW. It is a deeply cynical asshole. Including people here on DL. Democrats are the only party doing anything for the rest of us, for expanding rights for everyone, have plans to help out working class people. There are some on the Left who push “wokeism” whatever the fuck that is, which pisses off some. Being woke is not a bad thing even as ultra Tea Party, former Republican Joe Walsh now says. It is a good thing. Cancel culture, as we NOW SEE CLEARLY, is more on the Right. They are TRULY canceling things whereas Democrats are for accountability.

by Anonymousreply 240May 20, 2022 10:39 AM

Plus, R240, Republicans say they’re against government overreach, unless it’s into your bedroom or uterus… then they’re all over that shit.

by Anonymousreply 241May 20, 2022 10:43 AM

R241 It goes deeper than that. Republicans have always been about big govt as DeSantis , and others, are now displaying.

by Anonymousreply 242May 20, 2022 11:05 AM

R242, and Hawley:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 20, 2022 3:11 PM

Looks like a big chunk of the US population is denouncing the Democratic Party.

538 polling average today:

Biden approval: 40.7%

by Anonymousreply 244May 20, 2022 3:17 PM

And yet he'll win the popular vote as every Dem does in every election.

It's funny you guys STILL want to play this game where you think Republicans are in actuality more popular when they aren't. They are the minority, that's why they have to gerrymander, enact voter suppression laws and outright tell everyone that they don't care who voters vote for because if they control the legislature or the governorship, they'll install their own corrupt Republican.

They've already ignored the court decision in Ohio regarding their new map being unconstitutional.

Why we have complete idiots embracing the absolute evil of the Republican party, I have no idea except that you must be scum as well. You'd have to be scum to defend those fascists

by Anonymousreply 245May 20, 2022 3:29 PM

And BTW, R244. You gave yourself likes. You're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 246May 20, 2022 3:31 PM

R246 You're an idiot.

No I did not give myself likes.

[quote]Why we have complete idiots embracing the absolute evil of the Republican party, I have no idea except that you must be scum as well.

For what exactly? Posting polling results from 538? LOL.

[quote]They are the minority

Once again you are wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 20, 2022 6:44 PM

Only older people take those polls. There are a lot of young Gen Z voters who do not participate in those online polls.

by Anonymousreply 248May 20, 2022 7:14 PM

Moron/R247, again, you are using POLLS. I am talking about actual votes. You know? That thing that actually shows which party gets actual support when it counts rather than saying something to a pollster over the fucking phone.

Do you also think that because the SC is mostly conservative, that is a reflection of the actual population?

WY and WV population COMBINED is smaller than Brooklyn.

We live in a system where dummies like you have to point to a poll as if that is a reflection of which party dominates when actual populations and voting is completely against your fucking polls.

You should be pissed that we don't live in a country where the actual majority doesn't get to control the narrative or the fucking money it has to give to these red state leeches.

by Anonymousreply 249May 20, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote]Moron/[R247], again, you are using POLLS. I am talking about actual votes.

No dope.

This is the year 2022.

We'll see during the mid terms.

So at the moment we have only polling to go on to get a picture of where things stand today.

BTW: re electoral college: note that there is no significant movement to eliminate it coming from the Dems or the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 250May 20, 2022 7:54 PM

Here's another poll for the idiot at R249 from NPR, that bastion of conservatism:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 20, 2022 7:58 PM

R54 my tone was hard to read. I meant it sardonically as in it was obvious he a raging racist

by Anonymousreply 252May 20, 2022 8:05 PM

You're not fucking getting it. I know what every fucking poll states. And here's the thing: Even if they were favorable to Biden or Dems, I still wouldn't give a shit. Polls also said Hillary would win. Polls are all bullshit. And the fact is that it is a rare thing when the incumbent's party maintains power. But it's always treated as HUGE only when it's Dems on the losing end. I saw the same bullshit with the VA gov race where it was treated as earth-shattering when what happened in VA always fucking happens and the guy only won by 64K votes in a race where less than half the population even voted. A fucking population of 8.5M and only 3.2M even bothered voting

I do get angry when people refer to polling and insinuate that Republicans are "popular" when the fact is that they are doing everything in their power to nullify voting itself specifically because they are not popular and in the minority.

The Dems are spineless idiots who play by the rules when the Republicans don't even believe in rules, but that doesn't change the fact that the Dems get MILLIONS more votes than Republicans. Not thousands, MILLIONS.

by Anonymousreply 253May 20, 2022 8:07 PM

[quote]and the guy only won by 64K votes in a race where less than half the population even voted. A fucking population of 8.5M and only 3.2M even bothered voting

Whether you like it or not, that's the way it works. Always has, always will. The people who don't bother voting get what they deserve.

[quote]but that doesn't change the fact that the Dems get MILLIONS more votes than Republicans. Not thousands, MILLIONS.

The FACT is that's NOT the way the Presidential election works.

by Anonymousreply 254May 20, 2022 8:20 PM

And that's the problem, R254. Until the dumbass Dems wake up and realize the country is being taken over by an anti-democratic minority where even the Supreme Court can have a justice whose own wife not only has cases come before him, but she's an insurrectionist herself, this country will die.

The electoral college needs to be nuked. If Republicans continue a platform that appeals solely to a shrinking minority of racist twits, they will never appeal to the majority of voters.

by Anonymousreply 255May 20, 2022 8:24 PM

Do you think he might have liquidated a bunch of stuff earlier- and is now deliberately tanking the Tesla stock and/or twitter stock to hurt people with options? or to buy back in at a lower price? I hate to sounds all conspiracy oriented but Musk is really shady.

Also I need a new car and was thinking some fancy options but I felt guilty about most only be offered as gas, not electric and thus was considering a Tesla. Totally ruled out now. I am sure Musk doesn't care but he should, I am pretty trendy.

by Anonymousreply 256May 20, 2022 8:31 PM

R254 true, but the reason that the disparity between the popular vote and the electoral college has become greater is because of the gerrymandering of districts and the electoral college.

by Anonymousreply 257May 20, 2022 8:33 PM

Gerrymandering doesn't impact presidential elections. Or Senate for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 258May 20, 2022 8:35 PM

R258, correct. But the electoral college not reflecting the actual votes of the American people and the Senate having senators representing states with populations smaller than a blue city neighborhood, is a huge problem.

by Anonymousreply 259May 20, 2022 8:42 PM

I doubt many will be jumping on the Republican bandwagon now with abortion rights being taken away.

by Anonymousreply 260May 20, 2022 8:55 PM

R255 - the wife of a Supreme Court Justice actually tried to have Arizona’s slate of electors replaced with a pro-Trump one.

That is how profoundly rotten the GQP is - not just the fact that she tried to overturn a presidential election result, but also that she’s not in prison and her husband is still on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 261May 20, 2022 9:18 PM

R258 It doesn't affect the way the electoral college is determined?

by Anonymousreply 262May 20, 2022 9:20 PM

R250 Watch this narrative. People like 250 are going to pretend the midterms are a repudiation of Democrats or will show how popular Rs are. They want us to forget 99% of the time the party which holds the WH lose seats. Since Ds hold the narrowest of power in both chambers them losing is in line perfectly with history. This asshole is a bona fide troll because this language has been proven to be from Russia via Heritage and Federalist Society.

by Anonymousreply 263May 20, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote]with populations smaller than a blue city neighborhood, is a huge problem.

Well, that's exactly why the Senate was created. The House was proportional representation. The Senate was created so the larger southern states wouldn't dominate he smaller northern states.

by Anonymousreply 264May 20, 2022 9:50 PM

Anti-trans jihadi: “I’m voting for Republicans because Democrats support trans!”

*GQP takes over, LGB civil rights like marriage and sexual privacy are abolished in most of the country*

Jihadi: *SHRIEK!* Look what the trans did to us! THIS IS ALL THEIR FAULT!

by Anonymousreply 265May 20, 2022 10:33 PM

Musk is a Republican all right. He has the "Not My Fault. Never My Fault" GOP excuse down pat.

by Anonymousreply 266May 20, 2022 11:50 PM

[quote]Watch this narrative. People like 250 are going to pretend the midterms are a repudiation of Democrats or will show how popular Rs are. They want us to forget 99% of the time the party which holds the WH lose seats. Since Ds hold the narrowest of power in both chambers them losing is in line perfectly with history. This asshole is a bona fide troll because this language has been proven to be from Russia via Heritage and Federalist Society.

LOL. Tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist.

[quote]They want us to forget 99% of the time the party which holds the WH lose seats. Since Ds hold the narrowest of power in both chambers them losing is in line perfectly with history.

WE ALL know the party which holds the WH loses seats in the midterms. Statistically since WWII the WH's party has lost an average of 26 seats in the House, and 4 seats in the Senate.

And it is the Senate that eyes will be turning to.

[quote]because this language has been proven to be from Russia via Heritage and Federalist Society.

The language of my post at R250 "has been proven to be from Russia via Heritage and Federalist Society."?

You are a nut case

by Anonymousreply 267May 21, 2022 2:01 AM

He put his disease on me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 21, 2022 2:07 AM

Somebody needs to pour salt on Elon Musk so he’ll dissolve

by Anonymousreply 269May 21, 2022 2:07 AM

Let's face it. If Democrats put in a secretary of labor who was the daughter of a close friend of the Chinese president, who called American workers "lazy" and who presided over the transfer of millions of jobs to Chine, we would have heard no end of what Trailots Dems were. But Republicans did this and nobody made a peep. It shows how little reality gets through the propaganda screen in today's America.

by Anonymousreply 270May 21, 2022 2:58 AM

SHHHHHH r270, Me no get to suck McTurtle cock of you keep outing me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271May 21, 2022 12:30 PM

Who cares what Elon Musk is voting for. Just go to Mars already, Elon. No one likes you here. Of course, he would never go. He’s way too much of an incel pussy.

by Anonymousreply 272May 21, 2022 12:41 PM

He needs to be in an asylum cell with Roseanne. (oh and throw Susan Sarandon in there too)

by Anonymousreply 273May 21, 2022 12:43 PM

Mom is on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Swimsuit edition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 22, 2022 2:19 PM

Liberals & Democrats are the only decent, competent people out there... the only ones making things better for the vast majority of the people in this country.

The hate they get is baseless and irrational.

Republicans are pathologically lying criminally corrupt fascist authoritarian White Supremacists, con-men, frauds, bullies, abusers, sex-pests, rapists, insurrectionists, and traitors. They are the worst of this country, and make life miserable for many millions.

The only "policy" republicans have is making a huge mess, and then blame democrats for not cleaning it up fast enough, only to eventually blame Democrats for creating the mess Republicans made in the first place.

Stop falling for their bullshit. Stop believing the propaganda and lies. Stop buying into the spin and distortion.

Seriously. Democrats are far from perfect, but at least they're human. Republicans are monsters. Republicans are evil.

by Anonymousreply 275May 22, 2022 4:59 PM

And guess what, R274? That fucking cover is the very definition of "WOKE" and you won't hear that fuck-face Elon or Jordan Peterson or any other cockroach Republican who now worships Eon say a fucking a word about an old lady being put on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 276May 22, 2022 5:02 PM

Elon*

by Anonymousreply 277May 22, 2022 5:03 PM

Elon Musk Is Just A Weirdo With A Cult Following

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278May 22, 2022 5:04 PM

R275. I don't even get that there is propaganda and lies required in the sense that it's obvious one is a despicable person if they can't see how cruel and evil the GOP is compared to the Dems.. Only idiots can't see the obvious between the two parties.

DeSantis just signed a law that people can't protest in front of someone's house, just like he signed a law that you can run over protesters. Funny how these laws always come after liberal protests. I wonder what law he would've come up with if the Capitol insurrection was "ANTIFA."

The SC made it legal to protest in front of the homes of doctors and yet this law making it illegal, didn't exist in FL. How the fuck is everyone blind to fact that the Republican party does not believe in free speech for anyone but themselves? How much more glaring can it be?

by Anonymousreply 279May 22, 2022 5:13 PM

Well said, r275.

It’s telling that the 2020 Republican platform, in its entirety, was “whatever Trump wants.”

It’s true that some Republicans do put forth concrete policy proposals, for example Rick Scott and his “11-point plan” - each one of which involves enacting new restrictions or otherwise imposing penalties on certain Americans in the name of a bankrupt supply-side ideology and/or Christian nationalism. In other words, they all involve hurting people.

The GQP isn’t a political party anymore - it’s a death cult. A sick, depraved, anti-American death cult.

by Anonymousreply 280May 22, 2022 5:15 PM

He's a fucking grifter. Republicans are the only ones who believe his bullshit now.

by Anonymousreply 281May 22, 2022 5:18 PM

[quote]The only "policy" republicans have is making a huge mess...

Meanwhile under the Biden administration inflation is soaring, food prices through the roof, gas prices soon to be the highest in history, insane rent increases, we are at war with Russia, ever more chaos at the border, baby formula shortage..

I know, I know...it's Putin's fault. It's Trump's fault, it's Covid.

by Anonymousreply 282May 22, 2022 5:53 PM

R282, I hope someone has the patience to call out every stupid thing you wrote, but I'll just leave at this: The moment you blame the president for gas prices, you mark yourself as a moron.

by Anonymousreply 283May 22, 2022 6:25 PM

R283 Oh right. Because if Trump were in the WH house, you wouldn't be blaming him...

Tell me another one.

by Anonymousreply 284May 22, 2022 6:36 PM

I think Elon is mulling over running for president in 2024, based on his tweets recently. He seems to be going after Trump supporters. He’s basically a rich troll with nothing better to do and a narcissist, like Trump.

Just a feeling I have..

by Anonymousreply 285May 22, 2022 6:45 PM

No, R284, I actually wouldn't because I know how gas prices work. I also wouldn't blame him if his predecessor left him a fucking mess the way you do with Biden. Do you fuckers just pretend we get a "do-over"?

We've seen this act before. Bush left a mess and the moment Obama came into office, they unloaded their anger about his mess onto Obama including Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 286May 22, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote]Meanwhile under the Biden administration inflation is soaring, food prices

I want you to tell the class how this is the Dems and Biden's fault when this happening. I know I won't get a response because that's what you right-wing cowards do. You leave your bullshit like feces on a Capitol wall and expect others to clean it up but then you stand in the way so that it can't even be cleaned up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 22, 2022 7:02 PM

Also explain how this is Biden's fault:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 22, 2022 7:03 PM

[quote]I want you to tell the class how this is the Dems and Biden's fault when this happening.

Whether you like it or not, logical or not, the administration in power ALWAYS gets blamed for a shitty economy.

You're pretty naive if you think it works any other way.

In 2024 people...as always...will be asked: is your life better now than it was 4 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 289May 22, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote]I think Elon is mulling over running for president in 2024, based on his tweets recently.

“No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.”

by Anonymousreply 290May 22, 2022 7:15 PM

Republicans and Libertarians like Musk weaponize social media. They recruit, brainwashing them through carefully selected message branding, the stupid and the incels to do their bidding.

Like anything, social media can be used for good or bad. From my perspective as a Liberal, the Republicans and guys like Musk use social media for self-serving, nefarious reasons. The moment you come to terms with that and refuse to fall for their schemes, they have no power over you. The main focus should be to defeat them by outsmarting them and hope that it all that is needed (because, let's face it, us Liberals might be legions, but I have not heard of any liberal-minded militia forces which could guide us through civil war strategically to avoid significant casualties on our side).

by Anonymousreply 291May 22, 2022 7:29 PM

R289, thanks for the non-response. I'm literally showing you Republicans BLOCKING actual efforts to ease things and price gouging on the part of corporations and your response is deflection - the coward's guide to debating.

So if I tell you 2 + 2 = 4, your response is to ignore it to just act like I'm not telling you 2 + 2 = 4.

by Anonymousreply 292May 22, 2022 7:33 PM

R290, rules don't apply to the reich-wing, that's why they once tried to have Schwarzenegger on the ballot, that's why Ted Cruz ran....but Obama is somehow unqualified despite the fact that his family has been here longer than Trump's and he was born in Hawaii - but apparently, Hawaii knew he would one day run and created a fake announcement in the paper when he was born.

by Anonymousreply 293May 22, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote] So if I tell you 2 + 2 = 4, your response is to ignore it to just act like I'm not telling you 2 + 2 = 4.

This is exactly why any discussion with right-wing trolls is pointless. They demand the opposition to listen and agree with them, but refuse to listen to us and our arguments at all.

Civil discourse is dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 22, 2022 7:40 PM

R292 FYI four Democrats voted against that bill and others voted for it but with reservations.

"The House vote comes as Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said she will release a long-delayed, five-year plan that allows Interior to conduct new offshore oil and gas lease sales. The current plan expires June 30, and administration officials had not said when or if a replacement would be released, even as they canceled three offshore lease sales scheduled in the Gulf of Mexico and off the Alaska coast."

"Haaland told the Senate Energy Committee the new plan will be made public by June 30. The plan does not issue specific leases or authorize any drilling project."

"Sen. Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat who chairs the energy panel and plays an outsized role on energy policy, said Thursday that "even as we see Russia wage a war enabled by energy insecurity in Europe, this administration has made its opposition to domestic oil and gas production crystal clear.'

"Manchin said he supported a pause on new oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters announced by Biden soon after taking office in January 2021. By last summer, he told Haaland, "the time for a pause had come and gone.'"

"Now, 16 months after the pause was announced, "we still have no new leases,' Manchin said. "I’m sorry to say it has become crystal clear that the ‘pause’ is in fact a ban.'"

"Interior conducted an offshore lease sale last fall, responding to a court order, but the sale was later vacated by a federal judge.

"The administration has scheduled onshore lease sales next month in eight mostly Western states. However, officials scaled back the amount of land offered for drilling and raised royalty rates charged to energy companies by 50%."

Associated Press May 19, 2022,

by Anonymousreply 295May 22, 2022 8:18 PM

R295, First of all, no actual Democrat looks at Manchin as a Democrat. Secondly, show me the Republican alternative to the plan. Show me anything teh Reopublican party offers that isn't evil/

Just out of curiosity: Are you a very wealthy gay person who lives in a blue state or just a troll? Because I can't imagine any normal person sitting here as a gay person actually cheerleading for the GOP to take over. You must be mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 296May 22, 2022 8:32 PM

the Republican*

by Anonymousreply 297May 22, 2022 8:33 PM

[quote]Secondly, show me the Republican alternative to the plan.

Increase domestic oil production. See text at R295

[quote]First of all, no actual Democrat looks at Manchin as a Democrat.

Talk about deflection. Sorry, whether you want him or not, he's Democrat Senator.

Other Dems who voted against the bill: Lizzie Fletcher of Texas, Jared Golden of Maine, Stephanie Murphy of Florida and Kathleen Rice of New York.

(Oh...that's right. They're not REAL Democrats either.)

by Anonymousreply 298May 22, 2022 9:12 PM

^he's a Democrat Senator.

by Anonymousreply 299May 22, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote]Just out of curiosity: Are you a very wealthy gay person who lives in a blue state or just a troll? Because I can't imagine any normal person sitting here as a gay person actually cheerleading for the GOP to take over. You must be mentally ill.

See what you do? You are as bad as a Trumper, unable to criticize your leader. And anyone who does is "mentally ill".

The one cheerleading is you.

by Anonymousreply 300May 22, 2022 9:16 PM

R299, in other words: Pollution and more $ for big oil.

Second, having very few Dems being against something within the party is not a big deal. Having an entire party built around obstruction as the Republicans have done should concern you.

[quote]See what you do? You are as bad as a Trumper, unable to criticize your leader. And anyone who does is "mentally ill". The one cheerleading is you.

Don't play this game with me where you pretend a jaywalker and a pyromaniac are the same. It's tiresome. You are in fact mentally ill if you want Republicans in power. You want to pretend this is a mere disagreement over taxes or funding education. A fucking Trumper is someone who goes to spread their feces at the Capitol. A Trumper is someone who thinks Hugo Chavez rose from the dead to keep Trump from the presidency. A Trumper doesn't believe in democracy. A Trumper only believes in being a fucking bigot and racist - that was the only excuse they ever had to support someone as stupid as him and now even he isn't enough for them.

I'll debate a Mitt Romney Republican, but don't you dare fucking pull this normalizing a Trumper shit with me. No, I am not "as bad as a Trumper" because I actually don't believe someone simply being brown is a rapist or a terrorist.

by Anonymousreply 301May 22, 2022 9:22 PM

And BTW, R299, big oil has CHOSEN to fuck over consumers, because by the barrel is cheap as hell. This is them gouging.

by Anonymousreply 302May 22, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote]in other words: Pollution and more $ for big oil.

So let's buy oil from Venezuela!

God, you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 303May 22, 2022 9:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 22, 2022 9:38 PM

Elon Musk reminds me of David Mamet. When Mamet was a Democrat, DL and the rest of the left treated him like he was God. Then when Mamet turned conservative, suddenly DL and the rest of the left claimed he was a no-talent and that his work was shit. Same thing happening with Musk. You were all lining up to buy his Tesla and suck his cock and now that he's wandered off the Democrat plantation, suddenly he's Satan and Tesla and SpaceX and everything else you raved about before is now shit.

by Anonymousreply 305May 22, 2022 9:41 PM

Biden administration cancels Alaska oil and gas lease sale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 22, 2022 9:50 PM

[quote] In 2024 people...as always...will be asked: is your life better now than it was 4 years ago?

That question is going to be devastating for Biden and anyone who runs in is place. It could be said that there’s plenty of time between now and then, but there’s no indication that Biden is going to reform his administration and/or make a 180, so things will likely continue as they are.

by Anonymousreply 307May 22, 2022 9:55 PM

No, fool, I'm saying we shouldn't be drilling NEW sources when there's enough of a supply and WTF do you act as though American oil companies pass the savings onto you? You think they're patriotic, you dumbass? In fact Venezuela always is CHEAPER.

Do you actually pay attention to the oil markets and where the actual savings could occur when we need it? American companies have no loyalty to the US and they wouldn't make any effort to easing the strain - as they've already proven. I guarantee you getting god damned Venezuelan oil would be cheaper than from US oil.

by Anonymousreply 308May 22, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote]I guarantee you getting god damned Venezuelan oil would be cheaper than from US oil.

You really, really don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 309May 22, 2022 10:14 PM

No, I actually do. There are no longer "American" companies vs "foreign" ones when it comes to pricing and allegiance. It's about the bottomline. We have American companies knowingly price gouging people who are desperate. We are made to get baby formula from overseas because "regulations" are a bad thing to Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2022 10:32 PM

And again, I'm going to ask: Are you even gay? If so, how the fuck do you even have the nerve to support the Republicans? Are you that wealthy that you can survive the SC decisions coming for you or are you old and just don't care?

by Anonymousreply 311May 22, 2022 10:39 PM

That fucking cover is the very definition of "WOKE" and you won't hear that fuck-face Elon or Jordan Peterson or any other cockroach Republican who now worships Eon say a fucking a word about an old lady being put on the cover.

Can you imagine if Elon was already in charge of Twitter and people started pointing out that no one wants to see his old shriveled up mother on the cover of a men's magazine of what used to be 20 something models? Elon would have a fucking meltdown and ban everyone from making those comments as "bulling".

by Anonymousreply 312May 22, 2022 10:53 PM

^^bullying

by Anonymousreply 313May 22, 2022 10:54 PM

What are you screeching about, dear? And who are you screeching at?

by Anonymousreply 314May 22, 2022 10:58 PM

Fuck the democrats. You people on this site are insane for worshipping them.

by Anonymousreply 315May 22, 2022 11:54 PM

R315 Ok Troll. Ok. Wtv. Byeeeeee

by Anonymousreply 316May 23, 2022 12:41 AM

Oil companies have 9,000 leases they aren’t using. All the monopolies are getting rich hiding behind inflation. It doesn’t matter if it is Biden’s fault (it isn’t) or not. To defend them is disgusting. They play the rubes and win every time.

by Anonymousreply 317May 23, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote]Oil companies have 9,000 leases they aren’t using.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 23, 2022 2:22 AM

R318, and? No one claimed all 9,000 could be put into immediate use for producing oil.

by Anonymousreply 319May 23, 2022 2:25 AM

R315: Who won the 2020 presidential election?

by Anonymousreply 320May 23, 2022 2:45 AM

I’m not engaging this troll. It can vote Republican up and down the ballot. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 321May 23, 2022 3:09 AM

R320 Hitler won an election too. So did Putin. What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 322May 23, 2022 3:11 AM

R322: OK, so who won the 2016 presidential election?

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2022 3:12 AM

Do you have dementia like your boy Biden, R323? Don't you remember? He lives rent free in your head so you ought to know.

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2022 3:14 AM

R322/r324 - why do you refuse to answer either question?

by Anonymousreply 325May 23, 2022 3:16 AM

Told you so, heard it here first by any DLers. Elon just manipulating Twitter for a takeover at a lower price.

"Oh, 5% bots, I may have to pull out of this deal! Oh, look your stock value dropped, Maybe I might buy it after all" -Elon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 23, 2022 9:49 AM

R325 Trump won in 2016. Obama won in 2008. Bush won in 2020. Any more history questions you want to ask me as if those are somehow gotcha questions?

by Anonymousreply 327May 23, 2022 11:09 AM

The Twitter deal is over. He can’t buy it.

What I would love is for Twitter to rebuff him and then permanently ban him for attempting to manipulate the stock.

by Anonymousreply 328May 23, 2022 11:41 AM

Why can't he buy it? (if you don't mind my asking - I'm too lazy to go searching for articles on that asshole)

by Anonymousreply 329May 23, 2022 1:23 PM

This anti-science and anti-vaxxer is Republican? I'm shocked! Said nobody.

by Anonymousreply 330May 23, 2022 1:25 PM

Is anyone surprised after he supported thr anti-vaxxer truckers in Ottawa? He is the single reason I refuse to buy a Tesla.

by Anonymousreply 331May 23, 2022 1:26 PM

R331 Bullshit. The single reason you refuse to buy a Tesla is because you couldn't afford one.

by Anonymousreply 332May 23, 2022 1:30 PM

[quote] He lives rent free in your head.

This line is an attempt to be clever. Unfortunately, it seems to be the "go to" insult for everyone on social media these days and has become stale an unoriginal.

by Anonymousreply 333May 23, 2022 3:09 PM

Class war is all

by Anonymousreply 334May 23, 2022 3:11 PM

R333 A lot of once clever phrases get overused on Twitter by deplorables, most of whom are not very gifted when it comes to wit and humor.

by Anonymousreply 335May 23, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] The single reason you refuse to buy a Tesla is because you couldn't afford one.

Thankfully more affordable EVs are being manufactured by Ford and GE.

by Anonymousreply 336May 23, 2022 3:22 PM

R327: *Who* won in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 337May 23, 2022 3:27 PM

R332 I could afford the model 3, which is actually affordable for most people. But I won't buy it because I don't want to give money to a rightwing anti-vaxxing nutbag. Better question is: why do YOU support this Republican asshole?

by Anonymousreply 338May 23, 2022 3:30 PM

R335 Yes because "the orange anus" and "shitler" are so witty and humorous!

by Anonymousreply 339May 23, 2022 3:32 PM

R324, just an FYI, my loved one has dementia and I don't think there is anything more despicable than trying to win a political debate by using that line to "own" someone. No, Joe Biden nor Trump have dementia. And I hope someone you love ends up getting it, because you will hate yourself for having used it as insult. And you would only hope they had whatever "dementia" you think Biden has.

Believe me, I would rather have a loved one with dementia than knowing my loved one was a cockroach deplorable. The former has no choice in what has happened to them while the latter has chosen to forget how to have even a modicum of decency and humanity.

by Anonymousreply 340May 23, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote] using that line to "own" someone.

There are a lot of lines being used and re-used. Republicans are not good at this.

by Anonymousreply 341May 23, 2022 3:51 PM

Right-wing branding doesn't have to be good, it has to be effective. All the high almighty buzzwords like fake news, lamestream media, etc. misappropriating Pepe the frog, etc. It's about creating their own (social media friendly) language and creating their bizarre version of the truth.

It will come to the point where, say, "fake news" will cause Deplorables to dismiss the notion that the sky is blue and water is wet, because of some Q-Anon "the world isn't how the Jews want us to see it!" conspiracy theory. Earth being flat, birds don't exist. All brainwashing stuff to reject the so-called Jew-Liberal mind controlled reality. Being groomed for the day when they are called to be cannon fodder for a civil war against Liberals.

by Anonymousreply 342May 23, 2022 6:24 PM

I want that shit streak run out of the country. He's nothing but a festering boil on the ass of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 343May 23, 2022 6:30 PM

Jeezus R193. Did I say anything about LEGISLATION? No, I didn't. Doesn't make a difference. It's what the right-wingers and moderate Dems BELIEVE will happen when they hear AOC & Co (Socialists pretending to be Democrats) throw out far-left ideas and the Biden administration DOESN'T CALL THEM OUT on that shit.

If you want an example of moderates strongly disagreeing with far-left policies, look no further than the recall of nut-job school board members in LIBERAL San Francisco, and the national coverage that got.

Is that clear enough or do I have to capititalize every freakin' word?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 24, 2022 6:20 AM

:,:,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 24, 2022 6:54 AM

And then there's the whole 'Defund the Police' crap that the far left embraced all around the country. Republicans have used that against the Democrats and it took until FEBRUARY of 2022 for Biden to specifically say he's against it, something he should've said almost TWO YEARS AGO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346May 24, 2022 6:55 AM

So Democrats need to tailor their policies and message to ensure that Tucker Carlson can’t find anything to criticize.

OK then.

And doesn’t the SF school board recall (which I voted for) indicate that Democrats are NOT a bunch of far-left wackos? Because for anyone not viewing the world through the lens of anti-wokeness, as you do, that’s exactly what it means. Ditto the recall of Chesa Boudin.

by Anonymousreply 347May 24, 2022 3:33 PM

Yes, R347. That's the point. Moderate Democrats -- which are the majority -- have rejected the far-left crap, but NOT until some of their policies were put in place in cities across the country. And while Carlson definitely amplifies this stuff, all one had to do was turn on ANY news channel or read about it online -- to hear about 'microagressions', social justice "warriors", reparations for slavery, defunding the police, etc..

Yes, the Repugs are wrong on SO many issues, but all of that nonsense was supported by some faction of the Democratic party. As others have said, the one thing Repugs are good at and Dems suck at is messaging. If they were better, we wouldn't have Biden still having to speak out against defunding the police...almost 2 years later.

by Anonymousreply 348May 24, 2022 7:56 PM

The Republicans have an hugely popular TV ‘news’ network that is devoted to amplifying their propaganda. Democrats don’t.

by Anonymousreply 349May 24, 2022 8:11 PM

Fox News was created to prevent another Nixon/Watergate type scandal from destroying a future Republican administration. Trump was far worse than Nixon, so I guess it's working.

by Anonymousreply 350May 24, 2022 8:48 PM

[quote] Fox News was created to prevent another Nixon/Watergate type scandal from destroying a future Republican administration.

Huh? Fox News (aka Murdoch) doesn't own the entire press. A ton of stuff were reported about Trump, but the conservatives had enough power to protect Trump and his administration from any severe legal repercussion.

by Anonymousreply 351May 24, 2022 9:30 PM

Lol poor dumb Elon, he cancelled himself! Lol

by Anonymousreply 352May 24, 2022 9:35 PM

R351, it's not a direct thing. Fox News has fundamentally changed American culture. 40% of the country doesn't give a shit how awful Republicans are. If the have an (R) they get their vote.

Fox News is the reason conservatives had enough power to protect Trump, as designed.

by Anonymousreply 353May 25, 2022 12:02 AM

It's Pravda and it owns the minds of the 40%, like the USSR (and whatever Putin's channel is called that disseminates 100% of their news)

by Anonymousreply 354May 25, 2022 12:09 AM

Is there any hope that the aging of the Fox tv audience will help the situation? or are there enough raging vloggers to take up the slack with the young?

by Anonymousreply 355May 25, 2022 12:10 AM

[quote]Fox News has fundamentally changed American culture.

The combined viewership of MSNBC and CNN surpass Fox.

And the combined viewership of the networks ABC, CBS, NBC are far far ahead of Fox.

You're give Fox way too much power.

It's 2022. News, rumors, conversations, conspiracy theories, calls to organize...etc...are alive on social media.

by Anonymousreply 356May 25, 2022 1:03 AM

R356, but you're talking about today. FOX has had almost 30 years to pollute the minds of several generations before we got to the point of alternative sources. What they've done is like a virus does: Create even more dangerous variants.

by Anonymousreply 357May 25, 2022 1:14 AM

Fox indoctrinates through fear. For all their faults CNN etc. are still news, unlike Fox which is right-wing fear theater.

by Anonymousreply 358May 25, 2022 1:18 AM

[quote] For all their faults CNN etc. are still news

It’s hard to believe that anyone who says that isn’t lying intentionally.

by Anonymousreply 359May 25, 2022 1:52 AM

This is really the least surprising news ever - and it reminds me of certain people on here who are always “well I was always a Democrat BUT…”

He was always very clearly a right leaning libertarian (and I say that meaning there are left leaning, centrist libertarians etc)

by Anonymousreply 360May 25, 2022 1:54 AM

[quote]The combined viewership of MSNBC and CNN surpass Fox.

Well, CNN is considered a little close to center even though Tucker and his ilk will call it far left. That said, have you ever turned on the radio? 90% of all the talk shows are either religious or very, very far right propaganda. It's where Rush rush limbaugh and his kind flourish. And dont think people dont listen to the radio anymore. Tones of people who have day jobs in their cars all day, sales people, and other types listen to that crap. Is there even a progressive channel anymore? And dont even get me started on 4-chan. That place is a filthy cesspool of hate and Republican spawning ground.

by Anonymousreply 361May 26, 2022 7:01 AM

A conceited rich white asshole is a republican, what a shock.

by Anonymousreply 362May 26, 2022 7:03 AM

As said up thread, Elon wants out of Tesla. He has for years and even stated so publicly. He just cant find the perfect replacement. Well, now it's offered up ALL margin shares in Tesla to buy Titter. Basically it's a signal he wont be buying any more Tesla shares in the future. Another foot out the door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 26, 2022 7:07 AM

[quote] Well, CNN is considered a little close to center even though Tucker and his ilk will call it far left.

If someone had the same political ideology as CNN, wouldn’t they consider it then to be “center”? Do people on the far left think of their own political views as “far left”, or do they consider them to be mainstream?

by Anonymousreply 364May 26, 2022 1:43 PM

Doesn't that article at r363 state that Musk is going forward with his purchase of Twitter and just filed new paperwork? If he really wants to leave Tesla, does he want to become a full-time troll at Twitter? I don't follow him on Twitter, but he seems to have calmed down and stopped his attacks on the people who actually buy his cars? Maybe his lawyers or Tesla share holders told him to stop his attacks immediately?

by Anonymousreply 365May 26, 2022 2:22 PM

Maybe he will become a media mogul.

by Anonymousreply 366May 26, 2022 2:29 PM

Keep trying, miss Repub troll...

by Anonymousreply 367May 26, 2022 2:31 PM

R364 I've always considered myself on the left on the political spectrum and nowhere near the "center" - I'd be surprised if many "true conservatives" or those who want more socialism (like me) consider themselves on the center, at least in America.

by Anonymousreply 368May 26, 2022 5:25 PM

You're a simpleton if you think its the Democratic Party that moved. We went from Obama to Biden. The Republican Party went from Bush to Trump - an overt white nationalist, anti-American, anti-democratic, corrupt scumbag whose family has broken laws that never had to be enforced before, so the DOJ has no idea how to even handle it.

But sure, keep playing this game where you act like AOC wanting the Green New Deal is analogous to that knuckle-dragging cunt MTG being an all-around despicable bigot and racist. Only a few years ago, they made Steve King resign from his committee assignments. He'd still be around if it happened now. He'd be a MAGA leader in the congress right now. The *only* reason MTG was kicked off her committee was because she offended a powerful special interest. Every other repugnant thing she did and said was never a reason to get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 369May 26, 2022 5:53 PM

[quote]If someone had the same political ideology as CNN, wouldn’t they consider it then to be “center”? Do people on the far left think of their own political views as “far left”, or do they consider them to be mainstream?

Oh for Fucks Sake. This isnt about both sides live in a bubble. CNN has new Anchors and Commentators on BOTH SIDES of the political spectrum. Almost half of those guys are Republican or former Republicans. MSNBC leans more liberal but even they have a sizable chunk of Republicans on there. Morning Joe for example. Fox on the other hand is completely one sided. They have one token progressive voice, part time as needed out of 100 Anchors and Commentators. Name one show on FOX that is on every night and has a progressive commentator as the main headliner. You cant' because they have no interest in actually being " fair and balanced."

At least people watching the other two networks do get to see both sides of an issues. CNN being the closest to middle of the road. Fox is just pure Republican propaganda at this point.

by Anonymousreply 370May 27, 2022 3:25 AM

At this point, R370??? From its inception, FOX was propagandist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 371May 27, 2022 3:27 AM

Yes, R371, I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 372May 27, 2022 3:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!