Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

J.Lo breaks down over Oscars snub: Gave me ‘low self-esteem’

[...]

by Anonymousreply 294May 25, 2022 1:38 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 12:13 AM

Oh, for christ's sake. These people are even more deluded and egocentric than [bold]any[/bold] of us could ever imagine.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 12:15 AM

I am not a fan of hers at all- but I did enjoy her in that stripper film. She really popped onscreen and had serious charisma.

Lesser actors have been nominated and won! The closest to her performance wise the Jerry Maguire dude to feels up ladies?

It was in that realm. A lot of charisma

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 12:15 AM

The Academy snubbed her twice. She should have been nominated for Selena too. I think the older members of the Academy don't really care for Jlo's brand of celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 12:16 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 12:17 AM

Did you see this film? It's a typical JLO production, terrible.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 12:17 AM

Cry me a fucking river. This is even too elitist and privileged to be labeled as First World Problems. She is rich and famous. Fuck her whining and insecurities. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 12:19 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 12:20 AM

And here I thought [bold]I[/bold] had it hard, having to drink dirty run-off water from puddles in the streets!

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 12:20 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 12:24 AM

r8, Hustlers is not a comedy my dear. But you probably haven't even seen the film and just doing what DLers do best, ASSUME.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 12:26 AM

The real Ms. Lopez would never let some stupid award snub get the way of success!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 12:27 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 12:28 AM

Hustlers was a bad movie and she was bad in it. She’s was good in the Clooney film and The Cell.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 12:31 AM

Boo fucking hoo. Go cry on your diamond encrusted bedspread and drown your sorrows in a bottle of Cristal with your hot bf. Maybe jet off to Ibiza to take your mind off things.

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 12:31 AM

She should instantly call Kim Cattrall for advice.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 12:31 AM

Ben almost makes her forget about tacos, but not about Oscarrrrrs!

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 12:32 AM

She was in a movie in 2020?

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2022 12:33 AM

Hustlers came out in 2019. The Oscars always honors films of the previous year. The 2023 Oscars will be honoring this year's films.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 12:37 AM

No one cares about this narcissistic bitch. Why is she always the victim, she has had more success than her talentless ass deserves? She's 52 and still acting like a little girl on the playground who dropped her ice cream cone. Be grateful for what you have and quit whining. Most actresses especially one who have talent would have died to be in your position. How tone-deaf can one be especially in these times of COVID and food shortages?

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 12:38 AM

She is a one-time People’s Choice Award winner. How many accolades does this woman need?

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 12:39 AM

I wonder if this is a good career move. She’s always seemed to have a Madonna-level willingness to do absolutely anything to get in front of a camera but once you’ve publicly agreed that you’ve suspected about yourself that you’re a loser, even if it’s in the context of saying you ultimately decided you ARE more than a big butt, people are pretty ready to agree with your low-self-esteem idea of yourself.

Because we have wonder if genuinely happy, secure people need to appear in “documentaries” about themselves crying in their beds over not having gotten an Academy Award.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 12:39 AM

I think J Lo can actually act. She's made a lot of god awful romcoms but when she's good, she shines. As far as her singing career, great dancer.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 12:44 AM

All narcissists have low self-esteem and are empty on the inside hence their need for constant attention and validation. J. Lo is a hard worker and that's certainly admirable. She's an okay actress, mostly charisma. Most narcs are charming. I preferred her earlier stuff like Anaconda, Selena and Out of Sight. Her pop music is disposable and made it hard for her to be taken seriously. Plus all her attention-seeking stunts. If she never did dance pop music and focused just on acting, maybe she would have developed more into a serious actress. She wants to have it all and ended up a jack-of-all-trades but a master of none.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 12:47 AM

I love how her hair, makeup and clothes are all perfect as she spontaneously succumbs to her sorrow.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 12:49 AM

R25, LOL. It reminds me of the scene in Mommie Dearest where Joan is getting ready to win the Oscar at home.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 12:50 AM

I can't stand her and her big bag of narcissism.

Were they going to give Oscars to her body doubles, too?

Should they give Grammys to the women who really sing her songs?

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 12:52 AM

She was basically playing herself in Hustlers. She was good at playing a hardened stripper/grifter but when it came to the emotional scenes in the film, she was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 12:53 AM

It’s ridiculous to bitch about not winning, but I kinda think she has a legit gripe about not being nominated. She’s good-looking, was well cast, turned in a good performance in an entertaining film, and she’s a superstar level celebrity. What other criteria did she need to fulfill? I’m not claiming that’s the criteria that should be used in an ideal world, but for anyone with even a toe in reality, she was a very obvious nominee.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 12:54 AM

The poor thing!

I'm so tired of someone not getting nominated for whatever being referred to as a "snub," as though the whole point was to make that person feel bad, No, dear, it isn't all about you. The voters simply thought that other performances were more worthy of being nominated.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 12:58 AM

Better performances get snubbed all the time.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 12:58 AM

Her lack of self-esteem is made obvious by her inability to be single for more than 72 hours.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 12:59 AM

She got snubbed for some dumpy, no name bitch in that awful remake of Little Woman.

She was actually the frontrunner to win the award at one point. A similar situation happened with Oprah Winfrey in The Butler. Another one who went from being the predicted winner to not even being nominated.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2022 1:01 AM

[quote]Better performances get snubbed all the time.

It's still not a snub, R31. Wrong word used by tabloid journalists to create drama. It's a choice, admittedly a subjective one.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2022 1:03 AM

R32 Also her taste in men. Mark Anthony, Ben Affleck, A-Rod, Diddy, etc. All man-whores who will fuck anything. Maybe she would have been happier with those two unknown men she married at random intervals. That Chris guy and the OnlyFans whore Ojani?

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2022 1:03 AM

R22 Except Madonna has never done anything to keep herself in front of the cameras. Seriously, really, really think about this. She hardly ever went to award shows and never performed at them except the VMAs. She wore the same tracksuits so her photos wouldn’t be of value to paparazzi. She didn’t do sit downs with ET, or Dateline or whatever except only when she had a huge project. Seeing her at events was rare. Very rare. The exact opposite of J-lo.

Celebrities are obsessed with awards. It seems worse now, but I know it has probably always been this way. The need for validation through awards is sad. Lady Gaga is the world’s worst (and her fans) at needing validation through awards. Of course she is going to go the Oscar song route again (pretending to write them when we know she didn’t) for Top Gun. She can’t live, she doesn’t exist if she is not being nominated for something. The Grammys were busted for their sham nomination process. I’m sure Lady Gaga will try to buy her an Oscar nomination. Remember how she went on and on about her method acting for that Spaghetti movie? Google her “process” for writing the song for Top Gun. If it doesn’t make you sick and disgusted with this fraud nothing will. You’d think the cunt wrote Beethoven’s 5th the way she goes on and on about the years it took, digging deep and honestly I can’t finish typing it. She will do anything to be nominated every year for an Oscar which are a joke now.

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2022 1:03 AM

she sucks - everything about her sucks

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2022 1:09 AM

the Asian actress who has a reputation for rude behavior is very good in Hustlers. She is deliberately made up to look frumpy and dowdy

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2022 1:10 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2022 1:12 AM

I think she'd be good in a Robert Rodriguez movie but she'd have to develop a sense of humor for it. She'd be a badass in a role in the newest Machete. But again, she'd have to adjust to Rodriguez's sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2022 1:13 AM

The girl with the linebacker shoulders in Little Women was awful. The whole movie was unbelievably over praised. It was garbage compared to the 1994 version. And I can't stand the little Irish lesbian girl in anything except when she was a kid in that one movie and Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2022 1:15 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2022 1:15 AM

I'm not R36 but Madonna was the frontrunner to win the oscar for Evita.

Her not being nominated was a huge scandal in Hollwyood at the time.

She won the Golden Globe and was nominated for other awards.

McDormand's win was a huge shock, as Fargo hadn't been scene by many people. The nominees that year snubbed many big movie stars. Cindy Adams even bitched about how all the no names were going to ruin hollywood at the time of the awards.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2022 1:18 AM

She is so pathetic. She wants to be seen as this legend soooo bad when she has no classic albums and is mostly known for her tacky pap strolls.

Just enjoy the money you have and stfu.

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2022 1:20 AM

She’s so strong and brave! Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2022 1:20 AM

She has more money than some countries and a body women half her age would kill for.

You'd think that would make her happy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2022 1:22 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2022 1:23 AM

You can’t be in one good movie after starring in dreck like The Boy Next Door and expect to win.

by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2022 1:26 AM

You know a lot more about Madonna and Gaga than I do, R36. I don’t watch TV or subscribe to any magazines, so a celeb has to be all over the place, or produce a coffee table book named “Sex,” before I notice them. And if I notice them repeatedly I usually begin to dislike them. I didn’t chase them but there they ARE again, and it’s usually only because they wear revealing clothes or a nose-cone bra. I can’t say who the good pop singers are because I don’t listen to it but if some gal with tragic self-esteem levels and a giant butt is all over the covers of grocery store checkout line magazines with Ben Affleck, I take notice because Ben is HOT. (Minority opinion around here, I know, but I know what I like, too.)

by Anonymousreply 49May 19, 2022 1:26 AM

R47 Everyone. Siskel and Ebert. Everyone. What you say is easily disproved. There are dozens of articles easy to find on google saying how Madonna was a front runner and was snubbed.

R39 Ahahahahahahahaha Who CARES what Gaga has accomplished? Nominated for playing herself? Not nominated for her terrible accent this year? Her two song nominations and one win for what WE ALL KNOW she didn’t contribute jack shit to. We ALL KNOW Madonna should have many Oscar nominated songs, and at least one win. She doesn’t play the game like the thirsty Lady Gaga who can’t live without awards. And apparently that hit a nerve with you because YOU can’t like her without her getting awards.

Oh and Madonna has accomplished more in the music industry than Lady Gaga will even come close to. Lady Gaga would trade careers with Madonna in a fucking heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 50May 19, 2022 1:32 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 51May 19, 2022 1:35 AM

WTF are you talking about??? Both Siskel & Ebert were HUGE fans of Fargo and picked McDormand to win in their If We Picked The Winners special I believe. Madonna was not even mentioned in their Memo To The Academy special. Brenda Blethyn and Emily Watson were also favorites of theirs.

by Anonymousreply 52May 19, 2022 1:36 AM

R50 From your non-comment ya got nothing, Ms. Gaga.

R51 WTF are you talking about? I NEVER said S & E didn’t have FM as a front runner. They DID have Madonna picked as a shoo-in to be nominated. They didn’t pick her in their top 5 but both said she was great in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2022 1:38 AM

R51 and R52 not R50 and R51

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2022 1:39 AM

Jennifer Lopez is a SURVIVOR!!!

by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2022 1:44 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2022 1:44 AM

I dislike her more and more as time goes by.

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2022 1:45 AM

She's too old to be a stripper.

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2022 1:46 AM

Fuck, Was I drunk when I typed that shit?

The closest Oscar nominee/winner to her's performance wise was the Jerry Maguire dude who feels up ladies...

I think she deserved a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2022 1:46 AM

Madonna should have about fourteen oscar nominations

About ten for songwriting

And two Best Actress nominations (for Dangerous Game and Evita)

You could also make cases for supporting nods for Desperately Seeking Susan and League of their own.

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2022 1:48 AM

R56 Yet, as crazy as she acts now she is always brought up in every thread. That’s relevance.

R60 True and everyone here who is honest knows she deserved most of those.

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2022 1:50 AM

[quote] Gave me ‘low self-esteem’

Not as bad as that whining 'Man 6' in the 'Hamilton' chorus line.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2022 1:51 AM

This woman has no talent. She should be thanking her lucky stars that she even has a buck in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2022 1:53 AM

R60 Dangerous Game is what almost saved her acting career. Some NYT critic wrote how she was considered as Best Actress for Evita because she was so good in Dangerous Game, as well as A League of Their Own. He said had she never done that Basic Instinct knock off she would have been nominated for Evita. Dangerous Game allowed her to even be considered because she was that good in it.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2022 1:53 AM

J-Lo changed the face of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2022 1:53 AM

R60 = Madonna, the crackhead

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2022 1:53 AM

61, 62, 63 all the same person (Janbot) because I have it blocked.

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2022 1:54 AM

She needs to stay home with her unfortunate looking kids and do needlepoint or something.

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2022 1:54 AM

R65 is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2022 1:54 AM

r65 yeah...she changed the FACE of pop music to the ASS of pop music

by Anonymousreply 70May 19, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote] 61, 62, 63 all the same person (Janbot) because I have it blocked.

Wrong, you stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 71May 19, 2022 1:55 AM

R67 has delicate sensibilities.

by Anonymousreply 72May 19, 2022 1:55 AM

Hate her voice, "singing" and speaking.

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote] This woman has no talent.

And she has a nose like Claudette Colbert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2022 1:58 AM

She deserved an Oscar for Enough.

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2022 1:59 AM

[quote]“It was hard. I just had a very low self-esteem,” Lopez lamented in a voiceover.

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2022 2:00 AM

Madonna would have been a ratings-getter of a nomination and she was certainly a "movie star" in that moment; she acquitted herself well in the role of Evita. But if anyone was truly snubbed that year, I think it was Courtney Love for The People vs. Larry Flynt.

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2022 2:01 AM

R77 It was one of the strongest years.

by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2022 2:04 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2022 2:06 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2022 2:07 AM

I'm so sick of hearing about Vadge, Lady Gaga, MM, the Royal Family in general and DJT (among other political figures).

Please make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2022 2:11 AM

I love how JLo can't even sustain her own thread. More people are interested in discussing Madonna and Gaga

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2022 2:12 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2022 2:14 AM

It's not like you need training or credentials. They gave one to Cher.

by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2022 2:16 AM

R79 I mean, you may just hate the woman no matter what she does or what anyone may say but there's no question she was the lead star in that movie. She was in countless magazines at the time and featured heavily on TV programs (Oprah dedicated a show to it, I think MTV did a whole making-of documentary on it) in promotion for it. It was the #2 movie when it opened for wide release. It did about 50 or 60 million in domestic box office. She got what were, for her , great, glowing reviews. It seemed like a pretty successful moment for her.

by Anonymousreply 85May 19, 2022 2:16 AM

Sobbing over snubbing!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 19, 2022 2:21 AM

Madonna has only won 7 razzies.

J-Ho is an awful singer and actress.

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2022 2:22 AM

Did she and lover boy find a house yet?

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2022 2:24 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2022 2:36 AM

Razzies have given awards to straight up multiple Oscar winners. They’re a JOKE and nominate high profile people for FUN.

The Madonna hater is triggered. It gets upset because its life is dependent on Lady Gaga winning awards. She is nothing without awards to them.

Spaghetti movie was a flop. A big old flop. She was part of an ensemble. She isn’t popular with the general public and Gen Z thinks she’s old as fuck and ugly. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2022 2:37 AM

Can't you Madonna freaks take your argument to another thread?

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2022 2:38 AM

maybe she thought the crying shot in bed would show how much "range" she has lol

r88 pretty sure I read that Vadge recently broke up with her toy boy.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2022 2:39 AM

I think I had COVID in the Europe Jan 2020 and I watched Hustlers twice - to and from. The second time I had a fever, the flight attendant kept plying me with whiskey to stop the coughing and I cried watching Hustlers. I think it was a very good film, I cannot stand JLO so it pains me to say this - I felt it was huge snub she didn't get a nomination.

This trash is what will get me back to Netflix. Take note Netflix content creators - I want tears, I want drama, I want tantrums. Don't lecture me. Show, don't tell.

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2022 2:40 AM

I still think she did an amazing job Hustlers. Would she win? I don’t think so but she did deserve a nomination. She’s extremely rich and still very beautiful anyway, why keep complaining

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2022 2:42 AM

R91 Nope

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2022 2:44 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2022 2:46 AM

Madonna can always take Gaga's rejects like Bullet Train

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2022 2:47 AM

Madonna stans, Gaga stans, Anti-Madonna loons, Anti-Gaga loons! You're ALL fucking scary freaks!

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2022 2:49 AM

I love how J-Lo is trying to present herself as some feminist "I can't believe you asked me that" re: her butt. When this bitch would show up half-dressed with her ass sticking out. Of course they are going to ask you about it. Plus all that shaking of her ass - even in the half-time show.

She's so dull, there is nothing else to talk about her. She cannot even sustain this thread.

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2022 2:49 AM

I really felt the gorgeous, yet aging whore vibe that she gave out. Though I am over a decade younger, I get it. The scene she earned her nomination was when she was turned in by her friend, make up free at the pay phone crying.

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2022 2:50 AM

Lady Gaga would trade careers with Madonna in a flash. Not the other way around. And that does trigger you, honey.

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2022 2:51 AM

The only legitimate Oscar snub from a musical artist in the 21st century was Gaga for House of Gucci. And the only legitimate Oscar snub from a musical artist in the 20th century was Judy Garland for A Star is Born.

The rest of the trash in this thread has no right to have their names paired alongside Gaga and Garland.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]The scene she earned her nomination was when she was turned in by her friend, [bold]make up free[/bold] at the pay phone crying.

That's right! I did a scene with no makeup and the fuckers still didn't nominate me! How much more naked and vulnerable could I have been? This is the worst thing that has ever happened to anyone!

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2022 2:53 AM

I do think Gaga can act because she is not afraid to totally lose control on camera. My crystal says she will win in Oscar for acting in her lifetime. I prefer Madonna's music to Gaga's.

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2022 2:54 AM

R96 Gaga is beetlejuice.

Get back with us when Gaga sells 300 million records, has 5 tours in the all time highest box office, has 12 #1s, 40 top 10s (most of any solo artist except Drake).

R102 Gaga snubbed for “I maka tha spaghetti” ahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2022 2:55 AM

Enough with the MaGaga postings.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2022 2:55 AM

JLo can now console herself with Ben's bodacious, scrumptious man titties.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2022 2:55 AM

[quote] The only legitimate Oscar snub from a musical artist in the 21st century was Gaga for House of Gucci.

LMAO, it wasn't a snub. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2022 2:55 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2022 2:56 AM

[quote] My crystal says she will win in Oscar for acting in her lifetime.

Which crystal? Your crystal meth??

by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2022 2:57 AM

I Maka tha spaghetti! I forgot about that!

J-LO is gorgeous and she is well liked.

by Anonymousreply 111May 19, 2022 2:57 AM

[quote]The only legitimate Oscar snub from a musical artist in the 21st century was Gaga for House of Gucci.

Listen well, Gaga lunatic. She was not nominated because she gave an over the top hammy performance. She sounded more like Natasha (of Boris and Natasha fame) than an Italian. MOVE ON.

[quote]And the only legitimate Oscar snub from a musical artist in the 20th century was Judy Garland for A Star is Born.

Garland was an actress who sang. She'd been making movies since she was a teenager. This wasn't Jo Stafford deciding to be in a movie. Your comparison is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2022 2:58 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 113May 19, 2022 2:59 AM

J.Lo may be many things, but well liked isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2022 3:00 AM

Low self-esteem is the last thing that belongs in a sentence about JLo

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2022 3:01 AM

She's crying because her well orchestrated PR blitz to get a nom didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 116May 19, 2022 3:03 AM

JLO is very well liked.

by Anonymousreply 117May 19, 2022 3:04 AM

She has absolutely no integrity and she is the antithesis of feminism. It's the wrong direction. What Netflix viewers really want is a documentary of marginalized yet empowered women throughout history. She's a whore, darlin, and it takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 118May 19, 2022 3:08 AM

She wasn’t that good. She needs to work on that fat ass of hers. It’s getting too big.

by Anonymousreply 119May 19, 2022 3:12 AM

At OP’s photo of Jello weeping from her deathbed in full makeup, my mother would roll her eyes and say “Here comes the new Sarah Bernhardt…”

(Which is a weird reference because Bernhardt died decades before my mother was even born. Must have picked up the expression from my grandmother. Or great-gran…)

by Anonymousreply 120May 19, 2022 3:12 AM

Still looks more "real" than Hagdonna's Truth Or Dare.

Will she laugh if one of her assistants gets butt raped?

by Anonymousreply 121May 19, 2022 3:13 AM

Wasn’t Ben there to comfort her ? Good sex often helps.

by Anonymousreply 122May 19, 2022 3:13 AM

The Gaga loons can’t stand that JLO was a front runner for an Oscar. They want so desperately to believe the Oscars are actually about good acting now and JLO being a front runner chaps their asses. Of course, JLO looks 20 years younger than Gags.

by Anonymousreply 123May 19, 2022 3:15 AM

I loved her strip tease in the opening sequence. She looked fabulous. I might need to rewatch this tonight. With JLO, it has to be the right fit for her to knock it out of the par,

by Anonymousreply 124May 19, 2022 3:16 AM

Well, she certainly can't sing, I hope that hussy is developing a modicum of self awareness.

by Anonymousreply 125May 19, 2022 3:17 AM

All this cunt does is whine and complain.

by Anonymousreply 126May 19, 2022 3:17 AM

R125 Mariah, you sure can’t sing anymore and you surely can’t act or dance. Keep flogging that Xmas song because that’s all you have.

by Anonymousreply 127May 19, 2022 3:19 AM

J-Lo defined a generation.

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2022 3:19 AM

Is she still Jenny from the block ?

by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2022 3:22 AM

r128 - yes, she did: with her ass. And now we have all the Kuntrashians and other idiots with their HUUUUUUUGE asses and implants to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2022 3:23 AM

HAHAHA. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 131May 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Funny reading this catfight. You guys definitely know your stars. I don't follow either Madonna or Lady Gaga but one thing I am absolutely certain of, there is no way in hell Lady Gaga would want to trade places with Madonna or have her career. That's just crazy talk.

by Anonymousreply 132May 19, 2022 3:37 AM

JLo looks like John Leguizamo

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2022 3:38 AM

I just don't see JLo as that relevant anymore. When she was younger maybe. Now she needs to let the pretty young girls have their time in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2022 3:41 AM

R132 Absolutely no one believes you aren’t a hard core Gaga stan. Freak.

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2022 3:48 AM

All this bickering btw the Gaga and Madge stans reminded me. You know who could open a movie. Whitney Houston. She kinda transformed into a movie star in the 90s and I think she could have grew stronger as a solid actress if not for the cocaine. Bodyguard, waiting to exhale, preacher's wife and the general public loved Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2022 3:54 AM

I wonder how much of Ben Affleck's thick juicy cock JLO's snatch hoovers up on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 137May 19, 2022 3:57 AM

Funny, she thinks she has a pretty face.'

by Anonymousreply 138May 19, 2022 4:18 AM

R136 Oh no no no. She could not open a movie and Whitney was not a good actress. She was one note. Wooden many times. They loved Whitney’s fake persona. When they saw the real her, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 139May 19, 2022 4:25 AM

R137….honestly, I can’t imagine a more dull romp in the hay than Ben Affleck. Bad smells, bad breath, lit ciggie on the side table, low energy, crusty ball sack, selfish and mechanical. At least the one before BA had some immature enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 140May 19, 2022 11:23 AM

Ben may look good but he's dull and with his alcoholism, yoyo weight and trauma, likely can't get it up too long.

by Anonymousreply 141May 19, 2022 11:53 AM

“Secretly devastated”? Lol.

EVERYONE knew she was furious when she was deservedly snubbed.

by Anonymousreply 142May 19, 2022 1:06 PM

[quote] “Everybody was like, ‘She can’t sing. She can’t dance. She can’t act. She’s just a pretty face or her butt is big,’

Well, the first three statements are 100% true. However, NO ONE followed that up with “she’s just a pretty face.” Lol.

by Anonymousreply 143May 19, 2022 1:08 PM

Seems like Jennifer Garner has entered the room……On a positive for Ben, when he blows his load in her, it’s OK if he shouts out his ex’s name.

by Anonymousreply 144May 19, 2022 2:09 PM

She was only a pretty face and an ass. The first Kardashian, really. Sorry J-Lo, your suspicions about yourself are correct.

by Anonymousreply 145May 19, 2022 2:21 PM

she was and is more than that. I remember reading her Movieline interview with interest.Lopez has been around forever and she didn't allow criticism to detour her goals.She spoke of her sister who wanted to be an actor but was unable to endure the endless rejection and gave up pursuing an acting career.

by Anonymousreply 146May 19, 2022 2:36 PM

That's part of being an actor, musician or artist. You have to have a thick skin. I don't think it's a sign of talent more just narcissism, strong will and delusions of grandeur. You have to believe you are the hottest shit on the block to make it in Hollywood. J Lo is a mediocre actress and a terrible singer but a hard worker and very stubborn and bitchy. On top of being photogenic and slutty, that's the key to her success. Madonna is similar.

by Anonymousreply 147May 19, 2022 3:40 PM

r144, exactly, There are some haters here. Even if you don't enjoy Jlo's acting or music, it is an objective fact that she is beautiful. Some things just are.

by Anonymousreply 148May 19, 2022 3:45 PM

R148 She's alright. Take away the makeup and weave and sunless tanner and she's just an averagely pretty Puerto Rican woman. I'm in the Northeast, pretty Latinas like her who go to the gym are a dime a dozen. Some look way better than her in fact.

by Anonymousreply 149May 19, 2022 4:03 PM

Plenty of NY/NJ Boricuas look like her. She's not "exotic." She's pale without the spray tan and has tiny lips. She and Leah Remini look like sisters. She has a big butt but I don't understand why that's even a big deal. She's all hype. Certainly attractive but she's just a Barbie doll. Flyovers love it. Eva Longoria and Salma Hayek are far more sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150May 19, 2022 4:12 PM

She has a bit of a man face to me. Only really attractive with makeup. Without you wouldn't look twice on the street.

by Anonymousreply 151May 19, 2022 5:01 PM

three-fourths of this thread is just fans of other divas (Madonna and Gaga) venting. What is it about female artists that causes their fans to act so insanely? The only male artist I can think of that inspires an even larger level of delusion is Michael Jackson ("he was just sleeping with them because they had nowhere else to go!").

by Anonymousreply 152May 19, 2022 6:52 PM

R152 -points to Depp threads-

by Anonymousreply 153May 19, 2022 7:07 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 154May 19, 2022 7:19 PM

R153, I'm specifically talking of singers, not actors.

R154, I'm a Madonna fan and I was laughing at those comments. I also saw Madonna fans on reddit downvoting someone who stated that the Sex book was embarassing and disgusting (which it was). Some of these hardcore fans don't want to look at the world in a rational way. I've also seen Madonna fans claim she was more famous/sold more than Michael Jackson! It would be like saying Jessica Simpson was bigger than Britney Spears (who I hate).

by Anonymousreply 155May 19, 2022 7:50 PM

R35 I think it might be my first post about Lady Gaga in my entire life. You must be confusing me with someone else. You are also confusing me with someone who gives a flying fuck what pot stirrers like you think.

by Anonymousreply 156May 19, 2022 8:17 PM

I'm a Madonna fan and I also laughed at the idea that she deserved one nomination, and here I am reading FOUR!! I actually like some of Madonna's movies, including Who's That Girl? She was good in Dangerous Game but Oscar nomination? I don't know. Evita, she tried but there was something lacking in the performance. My issue was that she played it too softly. Eva needed more fire.

by Anonymousreply 157May 19, 2022 8:47 PM

Maybe she should wear a few more dead animals on her hands and feet to cheer herself up.

by Anonymousreply 158May 19, 2022 8:59 PM

Maybe she should wear a few more dead animals on her hands and feet to cheer herself up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 19, 2022 9:00 PM

Wat is snub? Is it tasty?

by Anonymousreply 160May 19, 2022 9:02 PM

I actually don't think JLo is a bad actress at all. But, really, breaking down over a "snub" for Hustlers?

by Anonymousreply 161May 19, 2022 9:04 PM

Madonna is the best actress ever IMO. People just can not look past her image and can not separate her from her music career.

by Anonymousreply 162May 19, 2022 10:01 PM

J. Lo, girl I know the feeling. I was also snubbed by Oscar!

by Anonymousreply 163May 19, 2022 10:08 PM

If Ben ODs, will she have a new boyfriend with her at the funeral or will she wait a week to be tasteful?

by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2022 10:10 PM

I’m a Madonna fan but…. Yeah right.

No, Madonna wouldn’t get a nomination for Dangerous Game because the movie was terrible. Evita, any other person giving the exact same performance WOULD have been nominated and likely would have won. That’s fact. Madonna shot herself in the foot by saying she thought she’d get nominated. There is no doubt she should have multiple Oscars for song. Even her harshest critics concede that.

Shit on Lady Gaga? Yes, because J-Lo being devastated over a snub is very Gaga who lives or the APPLAUSE! Gaga and her loons cannot function if she isn’t getting awards. They need that validation so much it is scary. Gaga is about to be exposed as a tepid actress prone to hammy performances. They’ll stick to musicals. But if any of you think she will be a movie star that is the most laughable notion since she’s fucking ugly and has no charisma.

by Anonymousreply 165May 19, 2022 10:13 PM

R165, one thing I will say about Madonna is that, yes, she is desperate for attention but I find the way Gaga constantly seeks validation even more irritating than that. The thing is Madonna really only seeks validation about her movie roles. But Gaga acts like she needs validation for EVERYTHING. She is always trying to convince you that she is "just like you" and "so relatable". Her mask fell off when she did that stupid music video with R Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 166May 19, 2022 10:18 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 167May 19, 2022 11:15 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 168May 19, 2022 11:20 PM

R168 Projection. It is you who will not change a mind. You deflect from “I maka da espaghetti” because it pains you to know that bitch’s time is limited. Who will she sponge off next to get in the limelight? R166 is exactly right. She is the biggest fraud. Her fans are as mentally ill as she is. Mentally weak, fragile beings who need validation. Through all Madonna’s Razzies, her fans still liked her and it didn’t diminish their fandom. Gaga fans would bail the minute she can’t buy a nomination and that sticks in your craw.

by Anonymousreply 169May 19, 2022 11:30 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 170May 19, 2022 11:37 PM

That speech she made about there being "100 people in the room" about 10000 times is great example of how contrived she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 19, 2022 11:40 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 172May 19, 2022 11:43 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 173May 19, 2022 11:44 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 174May 19, 2022 11:45 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 175May 19, 2022 11:46 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 176May 19, 2022 11:49 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 177May 19, 2022 11:50 PM

God, she is such a loudmouth unlikable bitch in that trailer.

by Anonymousreply 178May 19, 2022 11:52 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 179May 19, 2022 11:58 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 180May 19, 2022 11:58 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 181May 19, 2022 11:59 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 182May 20, 2022 12:02 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 183May 20, 2022 12:03 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 184May 20, 2022 12:06 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 185May 20, 2022 12:07 AM

Madonna is Chanel. Jlo is Gucci and Gaga is GAP. Just saying

by Anonymousreply 186May 20, 2022 12:16 AM

Ok...I sort of feel a little sorry for her here. Yeah....she's very famous and wealthy and looks fabulous....but, it goes to show that even the people at the very top can have their moments of insecurity....like the rest of us. I know...I know...

by Anonymousreply 187May 20, 2022 12:17 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 188May 20, 2022 12:19 AM

R170 ahahahahahahahaha that tweet really sent you spinning.

by Anonymousreply 189May 20, 2022 12:24 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 190May 20, 2022 12:25 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 191May 20, 2022 12:27 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 192May 20, 2022 12:29 AM

R187 comment was for JLo...not Madge...

by Anonymousreply 193May 20, 2022 12:29 AM

More often than not, Oscars are a Hollywood popularity contest. Ms. Lopez has often been awful and demanding to work with (the director of The Wedding Planner detested her) and guess what, it’s all those coworkers from all those projects across the years who now decide who to reward!

Buh-bye, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 194May 20, 2022 12:32 AM

LOLOLOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 20, 2022 12:34 AM

LOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 20, 2022 12:36 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 197May 20, 2022 12:38 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 198May 20, 2022 12:38 AM

LOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 20, 2022 12:38 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 200May 20, 2022 12:39 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 201May 20, 2022 12:40 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 202May 20, 2022 12:41 AM

OMG that pic of Gaga at R199. Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 203May 20, 2022 12:41 AM

R194 is right. It's about popularity and Jennifer is not naturally warm and friendly.

I remember Jimmy Fallon telling a story where he was at a party years ago with Jennifer Lawrence and they wanted to dance with Jennifer Lopez but her manager Benny Medina gave them a stern signal to not approach Lopez.

So Jennifer Lopez wasn't approachable even to fellow celebs. But she's been trying to create a warmer image for the past few years. She's even now writing a children's book with Fallon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 20, 2022 12:41 AM

The gaga loon is having an absolute mental breakdown for the ages. I LOVE IT. More more more. I bet you’re crying hysterically. This, this is what I was saying about mentally weak, fragile. Just like Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 205May 20, 2022 12:42 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 206May 20, 2022 12:43 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 207May 20, 2022 12:44 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 208May 20, 2022 12:45 AM

Gaga looks 60. A bad, ugly, fat 60.

by Anonymousreply 209May 20, 2022 12:45 AM

More gaga loon more. Cry more. CRY.

by Anonymousreply 210May 20, 2022 12:46 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 211May 20, 2022 12:46 AM

More gaga loon. Cry more.

by Anonymousreply 212May 20, 2022 12:48 AM

Someone is having a problem here.

by Anonymousreply 213May 20, 2022 12:56 AM

Wow, there's a million Madonna threads on here. I can't stand J. Ho but isn't this thread about her?

by Anonymousreply 214May 20, 2022 1:02 AM

Exactly, R214. I can't even have my own thread.

by Anonymousreply 215May 20, 2022 1:08 AM

[quote]The only male artist I can think of that inspires an even larger level of delusion is Michael Jackson

Excuse me, what am I? Chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 216May 20, 2022 1:53 AM

She always made me itch!

by Anonymousreply 217May 20, 2022 3:40 AM

She certainly has a very high opinion of herself doesn't she? Dancing, acting, singing. LOL People near her need to stop stroking her ego, or she's gonna keep having unrealistic, crazy-ass expectations followed by "devastating" let downs. She's sounds awful when she sings or just talks. That spoils much of her acting. The only thing she seemed talented at was dancing on In Living Color. Oh, and overconfidence. She's great at that.

by Anonymousreply 218May 20, 2022 3:59 AM

Yes, what they said. She also makes me feel sticky.

by Anonymousreply 219May 20, 2022 4:05 AM

[Quote]Ben almost makes her forget about tacos, but not about Oscarrrrrs!

Your MAGA hat is on crooked.

J.Lo is of Puerto Rican descent raised in the Bronx. Tacos emanate from Mexico, not Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 220May 20, 2022 4:21 AM

We gotta school this bitch. Taco Flavored Kisses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 20, 2022 4:25 AM

[Quote] I think the older members of the Academy don't really care for Jlo's brand of celebrity.

Or she rubbed a few people the wrong way with her movieline interview.

by Anonymousreply 222May 20, 2022 7:15 AM

Or she is cheap and can't act.

by Anonymousreply 223May 20, 2022 7:25 AM

I remember the hype with “Hustlers”. I thought it was going to be like the female “Goodfellas”.

It was a run of the mill female drama. It wasn’t really that interesting. They were strippers drugging men and stealing their money. It didn’t really have that “heist” vibe or mafia style vibe I thought it was going to have.

J. Lo’s character was pretty boring too. Aside from the dance at the beginning, that was the only interesting thing about her character.

I didn’t get the hype at all.

by Anonymousreply 224May 20, 2022 7:34 AM

She was good in the film and looked incredible but it wasn't an Oscar-worthy performance IMO - there wasn't anything especially memorable about it.

I will probably watch this documentary, even though I think it's a bit of a bad look for her to be whining about something like this when she must know she has the biggest diva reputation around.

by Anonymousreply 225May 20, 2022 9:02 AM

Oh stop. She was a contender for the Oscar by most people/critics.

by Anonymousreply 226May 20, 2022 10:27 AM

Oscar snub gave her low self esteem?

Bitch, please...

by Anonymousreply 227May 20, 2022 10:55 AM

You mean that ass didn't give her low self esteem?

by Anonymousreply 228May 20, 2022 10:56 AM

R226 By people that don’t follow the Oscars.

I think the media will hype up a famous person as an Oscar contender to get the Oscar hype started.

This year it was Lady Gaga and how she’d win the Oscar, she didn’t get nominated.

I think it’s like that every year. Most really famous A-listers don’t get Oscars but the media and critics use A-listers as Oscar contenders to fuel their press.

Cause “Hustlers” had NO shot.

by Anonymousreply 229May 20, 2022 4:05 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 230May 20, 2022 4:58 PM

Are Jello and Ben engaged? I know she likes the attention, but marrying him is a really dumb idea. It’s a good thing her kids are almost grown.

by Anonymousreply 231May 20, 2022 7:29 PM

Laura Dern gave a shitty little performance in Marriage Story, one of the weakest BSA wins which she got strutting around her office in huge heels spouting pseudo-feminist claptrap whilst pretending to be a strong, professional woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 20, 2022 7:42 PM

♪ The tears of a clown when there's no one around ♫ (except the cameraman).

She'll live. Not even a nail gun can burst the giant hot air balloon that is her ego.

by Anonymousreply 233May 20, 2022 7:42 PM

Ethel Merman would've had more ground to stand on had she bitched that her disco album inexplicably produced no #1 hits.

by Anonymousreply 234May 20, 2022 7:53 PM

She is upset because she couldn't suck a dick to get an Oscar like she did for everything else. Whoring is a gamble, it doesn't always pay off.

by Anonymousreply 235May 20, 2022 8:00 PM

R230 Wrong. Almost each of the nominated actresses was in the lead at one point. Jessica Chastain started off strong but her movie was released in late summer/early fall and didn't leave much of an impression so many people thought she was completely out of the running and might not even score a nomination. Then the narrative changed so that Nicole Kidman would be a 2-time winner when her film came out. Same with Olivia Colman. By late winter, the expectation was that either Nicole or Olivia would win especially since the Academy loves Olivia.

Kristen Stewart had the hype with critics but Academy voters are not critics. People were pointing out that Kristen is a first-time nominee and has never endeared herself to voters. She's always been pretty anti-establishment and it was unlikely they would award her. Not to mention, Spencer came out in the winter but then fizzled quickly and Kristen lost most of her momentum.

Penelope Cruz was the only one of the final five nominees who wasn't guaranteed an Oscar nomination, with most expecting Gaga to take that slot. Especially after Gaga won some critics awards and was the only one not iced out of the BAFTAs unlike all the eventual Oscar nominees. Then people assumed Jessica would win after she did indeed obtain a nomination but the last few weeks before the Oscars people thought Penelope Cruz would win out. The final race was between Jessica and Penelope.

by Anonymousreply 236May 20, 2022 8:05 PM

She’s just mad that she’s still perceived as low-rent. It’s entirely her fault, though. She could have made herself into an Eva Longoria type but she didn’t have the innate grace and refinement. She can look upscale and dignified, but maybe it’s a facade she doesn’t want to keep up. She’s trashy through and through.

by Anonymousreply 237May 20, 2022 8:40 PM

She's very hood. Got in trouble for fighting as a teen. Used sex to get ahead. Was known to be bitchy and slutty thus disliked by her fellow Fly Girls on In Living Color because of that. She never gave anything back to her community in the Bronx and they dislike her too. I agree she's pretty and styled but she isn't classy or poised. She has no sense of humor and is very rude. Her constant whining doesn't help. She has way more in common with Nicki Minaj, another NY Island girl from the hood. Self-promoting, cutthroat, ungrateful and inward-thinking, very aware they are pretty and used it to an advantage but didn't focus on developing their personalities or careers beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 238May 20, 2022 8:52 PM

She wasn't nominated because she's treated too many people like shite and they won't vote her in

by Anonymousreply 239May 20, 2022 8:54 PM

R239 Yep. She's disliked by so many in the industry because she's rude and mean. She treats the "help" like absolute shit. There's way too many negative stories about her that I believe it. Once her looks are completely gone, so is her career. Unlike Madonna, J. Lo won't have an impressive discography or filmography or pop culture impact to fall back. She'll be a fashion icon at best. Those MTV and People's Choice Awards mean diddly doo.

by Anonymousreply 240May 20, 2022 8:59 PM

r238 could be talking about Cardi B. She fits in this category as well. "Self-promoting, cutthroat, ungrateful and inward-thinking." Fast forward 10 years and I'm sure she'll be complaining about not getting nominated for some dumb one-note performance she delivered in some film destined to be forgotten.

Great synopsis of JLo, r238.

by Anonymousreply 241May 20, 2022 9:21 PM

There is nothing trashy about Jlo. Yall can get out of here with that bullshit. She is the embodiment of 21 st century Hollywood glamour. Yes glamour. Glamour can be classy, yet over the top at the same time. She never looks trashy or vulgar. Has sex appeal and charisma out the ass. She's not boring doesn't equal whore.

And I do not like Jlos music whatsoever. Her shit that came out a when I was in middle school is tolerable, and waiting for tonight is a bop. But that's it.

by Anonymousreply 242May 20, 2022 10:11 PM

R242 OK, we get it Jenny.

by Anonymousreply 243May 20, 2022 10:15 PM

Fuck this talent free cunt. Right up her too large ass.

by Anonymousreply 244May 20, 2022 10:16 PM

R238, Nicki minaj is not from the hood nor is Jlo. You know nothing about the culture of NY. They both grew up in homes that their parents owned in working class neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 245May 20, 2022 10:17 PM

I don't know who is the trashiest cunt of this trio: JLo, Nicki Minaj, or Cardi B.

by Anonymousreply 246May 20, 2022 10:21 PM

R227. Good point G. If a brilliant thespian like you can lose numerous times in stride than Jlo can bring her beautiful ass back down to earth.

She still was snubbed though.

by Anonymousreply 247May 20, 2022 10:24 PM

R245 Hoods are working-class neighborhoods, that's the literal definition. Working-class is a very polite way of saying the working poor because American culture lacks a class-consciousness. J. Lo is "boughetto", she can dress well, speak well and has expensive taste but she is still combative, defensive, code-switch and can beat your ass in a heartbeat. The hood makes you that way because you have to always ready to fight. Nicki is like that too. Nicki dates gang members. Nothing more hood than that. Now, people like Beyonce and Travis Scott are not hood at all in the slightest, they came from solidly middle-class homes.

by Anonymousreply 248May 20, 2022 10:29 PM

J. Lo,, no one likes or accepts a hood rat except another hood rat.

by Anonymousreply 249May 21, 2022 5:26 AM

R246 Nicki

by Anonymousreply 250May 21, 2022 10:58 AM

Sorry JLo, in the history of worthy performances overlooked for Oscar recognition, yours isn't one of them. Get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 251May 21, 2022 1:38 PM

[bold]Jello.[/bold] Let's keep using [bold]Jello[/bold] instead of the idiotic J Lo.

Maybe she'll have a nervous breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 252May 21, 2022 1:43 PM

There's always room for Jello!

by Anonymousreply 253May 21, 2022 3:51 PM

Love jello.

by Anonymousreply 254May 21, 2022 4:48 PM

Did Ben dump her hideously fat ass again? One day she is going to drown from staring at her reflection in the water. Rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 255May 21, 2022 4:52 PM

You mean I’m officially recognised as a talent-free ho OP?

by Anonymousreply 256May 21, 2022 5:17 PM

"Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez Visit $165 Million Spelling Manor After Other House [$55M] Falls Through"

Maybe she can soothe her damaged esteem in her new digs.

And with the extra room they can adopt some Darfur orphans.

by Anonymousreply 257May 21, 2022 5:27 PM

Ben needs a bigger house for his benders.

by Anonymousreply 258May 21, 2022 5:40 PM

Ben is a horny straight man. He ain't fucking J. Lo. She's 53 and while she may look good. She is over the hill for him. Ben is a big man-child who rather chase barely legal skirt. Straight women like Jen Garner and J. Lo are delusional to think they can tame a Masshole fuckboi like Benny.

by Anonymousreply 259May 21, 2022 8:34 PM

Is she so self absorbed that she really think she deserved anything but a Razzie for that crap?

by Anonymousreply 260May 21, 2022 8:57 PM

Her self esteem is low because she knows that she’s all smoke and mirrors. Can’t sing, can barely act. I give it to her for making tons of money from her lack of talent but facts are facts. Bitch is talent challenged.

She and Ben belong together…two useless slags totally concerned about how good they look in the press.

by Anonymousreply 261May 21, 2022 11:52 PM

Jlo did deserve a Hustlers nomination but must realise (from all the leaks and inside stories) she's been a nasty bitch to people she worked with plus all the low-downs she never noticed. Thus they will never vote for her even if she gives a startling great performance.

I always thought Streep, while she is great in a lot of her movies, got so many nominations because everyone loves her on-set. Ive never read one story about her treating the underlings like shit, whereas there are about 100 about JLO, Queen of the set.

by Anonymousreply 262May 22, 2022 12:06 AM

[Quote] Jlo did deserve a Hustlers nomination but must realise (from all the leaks and inside stories) she's been a nasty bitch to people she worked with plus all the low-downs she never noticed.

I wonder how she got on with Constance and Lili??

by Anonymousreply 263May 22, 2022 5:42 AM

That’s so funny. She thinks she’s done Oscar-level acting. She’s starting to believe her own hype.

by Anonymousreply 264May 22, 2022 10:34 AM

this delusional ho will never have an Oscar

she will have a bloated husband soon that she'll be divorced from within 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 265May 22, 2022 10:36 AM

Wait it was the Oscar snub...

not the fact that she can't act or sing?

by Anonymousreply 266May 22, 2022 11:14 AM

She should produce Oscar bait.

I wonder how she got on with fellow pity-partier Viola when they worked together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 22, 2022 12:44 PM

I just watched Nightcrawler and Jake Gyllenhaal not being nominated is a "snub", not J-Lo not getting an Oscar nomination for Hustlers.

by Anonymousreply 268May 23, 2022 7:35 AM

Someone needs to crack this bitch’s kneecaps, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 269May 23, 2022 7:27 PM

She needs to "ugly up" for an Oscar too. Has she ever allowed herself to look awful on screen? Even in Enough as a battered wife, she looks too glamorous. Like Beyonce, she's just too vain to play an average woman. Charlize Theron let herself be ugly for Monster.

by Anonymousreply 270May 23, 2022 8:35 PM

Charlize Theron is not very pretty without makeup. Gays love her because she has the build of a male diver from Triumph of The Will. Wide shoulders, narrow hips and a twinky kind of pretty face.

JLo actually looks much prettier with less makeup. She's had some gorgeous glammed up moments -many of them, but she has a naturally lovely oval face and really nice bone structure and coloring. She's healthy and pretty. She even looks smaller when she's not wearing gowns. Bitch looks best in a tank top and some high waisted linen pants. In sandals. You can see many such PR beauties with all that firm high water ass and pretty slender arms and calves on the street. But Jenn has a face the camera loves. She will go down as someone who redefined our perception of beauty.

Jenn came on Oprah once in a pencil skirt and white blouse with her hair in a top knot and some red lips and nice stilettos. OMG. Of course she has a great stylist - but JENNIFER is the one who wears it so well. She used to glow. She is never slutty in real life. A very pretty and feminine and natural personality. It's hard to glow your fifties, but she comes close.

She's hard to gush over as a performer - but there's not a reason to dislike her either. She's a good dancer and appealing actress and a uniquely attractive chick. She may be a DIVA behind the scenes - but she's kept it real with herself.

The joke is on press junkets her rider states that she must receive two compliments for every question. Ha. ❤

So we don't really know JLo at all. And the Netflix thing doesn't interest me. But she's ok with me. Lopez will never be a sad forgotten case. She's got too much drive and discipline. When entertainment no longer wants her as a performer - she'll be successful somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 271May 24, 2022 3:52 AM

I'm realistic about what I'll charitably call her singing ability, but I still like a lot of her earlier hits, anyway.

I also like that she is tough on her kids when it comes to education and screen time. They both seem well-mannered, especially considering the rumors about her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 272May 24, 2022 3:59 AM

[Quote] I also like that she is tough on her kids when it comes to education and screen time. They both seem well-mannered, especially considering the rumors about her behavior.

Really? Because there are rumors her kids could be nightmares for nanny's.

by Anonymousreply 273May 24, 2022 7:13 AM

R271: "Lopez will never be a sad forgotten case. She's got too much drive and discipline."

That's why she's so sad. She's made zillions, yet still doesn't feel validated.

by Anonymousreply 274May 24, 2022 7:29 AM

J-lo claims in the trailer that "I don't do any of this for awards, I do it to connect with people and make them feel things," only to add -- or let slip the real truth behind her 'drive':

"My whole life, I've been battling to be heard, to be seen."

She can't accept that while she's had a ton of success in most fields, her movies have been flops. And she probably won't stop until she has that Oscar. Around 2043 or so...

by Anonymousreply 275May 24, 2022 7:33 AM

J.Ho: "Not getting an Oscar for playing a fat, middle-aged stripper who is also a hooker and starts drugging her clients and stealing from them, caused me to have low self-esteem..."

The world: 'Jennifer dear, you cannot get an Oscar for merely playing yourself!'

by Anonymousreply 276May 24, 2022 8:14 AM

R275 No her movies have NOT been flops. She has a better track record than Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Anniston. Check them receipts baby. Then go lick your fucking wounds

by Anonymousreply 277May 24, 2022 8:14 AM

She basically plays herself in every single movie she’s in. She’s pretty, I’ll give her that. But it’s laughable to read that some people gush over her singing and acting abilities.

by Anonymousreply 278May 24, 2022 11:49 AM

[Quote] She has a better track record than Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Anniston.

Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 279May 24, 2022 11:56 AM

Were A rod and J lo bearding for each other?

No way would a hot str8 rich guy be porking an old bag.

by Anonymousreply 280May 24, 2022 12:07 PM

Whoever the fuck is stanning this bitch? This bitch wouldn't even look at you on the street if you approached her. She's a fucking Karen.

by Anonymousreply 281May 24, 2022 12:17 PM

R280 A-Rod is a whore and loves attention just like her. The split seemed amicable. So probably a PR thing just like with Benny. She and Marc Anthony were a real couple and knew each other for a very long time as both grew up in New York and involved in the hip-hop and r&b scene. He's an alpha male type though, so had control of the relationship. I noticed she really worked to improve herself when she was with him. Getting a vocal coach, working on her performances and doing Latin music. They were competitive with each other. She clearly wants to be a domineering partner and have the most attention. Marc is way more famous than her in Latin America and was drowning in pussy. That made her insecure.

by Anonymousreply 282May 24, 2022 12:26 PM

She's battling to be seen and heard? Bitch, people would applaud if you would go the fuck away for five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 283May 24, 2022 2:25 PM

R277, thanks. That was funny.

Jennifer Lawrence's films have made almost EIGHT times those of 'poor' J-Lo.

by Anonymousreply 284May 24, 2022 2:51 PM

Jlo has had a few hits at the box office such as "Shall We Dance?", "Hustlers", "Maid In Manhattan" and "The Wedding Planner". Most of her other movies struggled to make a profit and most are deemed "rotten".

She was only a big music star between 1999-2003, same time she was huge tabloid fodder. After this she had two hits with "On The Floor" and "Get Right" but her albums weren't doing impressive numbers.

Her career slumped after she married Marc Anthony, started to dress slightly more convervatively and had kids. She came back looking great and allowing herself to be in the press for her glamor and personal life again around 2011, then made millions from American Idol and her cop show which did OK.

by Anonymousreply 285May 24, 2022 6:08 PM

That is not accurate at all. All you have to is actually pull up the box office reports. This is all easily accessible information. Jlos shitty poorly reviewed films make bank, they double their profit sometimes 3 and 4 times more.

by Anonymousreply 286May 24, 2022 8:22 PM

R284, yea Hunger Games. That is not only due to her though. LAWRENCES recent films have been flops.

by Anonymousreply 287May 24, 2022 8:23 PM

Jlo is a real diva. And she's a bit cutthroat and rude sometimes; you have to be in this industry. She's not a sweetheart like Queen Bey but she makes moves, acknowledges talent, and knows what's hot.

by Anonymousreply 288May 24, 2022 8:25 PM

J. Lo being traumatized about not scoring an Academy Award nom is very "Home for Purim", no?

by Anonymousreply 289May 24, 2022 8:37 PM

Well, it’s true: She can neither act nor sing, she has a pretty face and a big butt and she’s a huge star! Talk about doing a lot with a little!

by Anonymousreply 290May 24, 2022 8:41 PM

R290 she was a huge star.

R286 which movies have made so much apart from the ones listed in R285?

by Anonymousreply 291May 24, 2022 9:53 PM

If she's so despondent, perhaps she should just leave show business, resume her dancing at a strip club.

by Anonymousreply 292May 25, 2022 12:17 AM

[quote]Really? Because there are rumors her kids could be nightmares for nanny's.

Interesting... I'm basing my impression on a few videos I've seen of her kids, especially the daughter, but who knows what really goes on behind the scenes. I would have thought Jello would be the bigger nightmare for nannies.

by Anonymousreply 293May 25, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote] She will go down as someone who redefined our perception of beauty.

MARY!

Also: no, she won’t. She’s pretty. The only exceptional thing about her is her skin. Her skin is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 294May 25, 2022 1:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!