Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix has apparently fired all of its 'Queer social media team'

Intriguing development

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2022 3:48 PM

Who are 'the goodies' and who are 'the baddies' in this new crisis?

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 11:51 PM

The tweet "Not Netflix firing its whole queer social team 2 weeks before pride" raises a question even as it induces eye-rolling. Is June like the Purge, and self-identified LGBTQ+ people can do whatever they want without consequence?

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 11:51 PM

What if you're gay and not queer. And also what if you don't do "social".

Do you still keep your job?

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 11:52 PM

r2 r3 That tweeter is a gay British guy who rallies against the Queer phenomenon of recent years.

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 12:02 AM

I resent being cast as the Jewish mob crying โ€œcrucify him!โ€ at Dave Chappell of all people. Hold your Passion Play purge, Netflix, but youโ€™re throwing the wrong minority under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 12:04 AM

[quote] That tweeter is a gay British guy who rallies against the Queer phenomenon of recent years.

The Black Information Network confirms

Tuesday (May 17). This time, the 150 affected employees came from within three of the streaming platform's major diversity departments, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Creative teams with ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘จ๐’‡๐’“๐’Š๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐‘จ๐’Ž๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’„๐’‚๐’ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’•๐’†๐’๐’•-๐’‡๐’๐’„๐’–๐’”๐’†๐’… ๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’• ๐‘บ๐’•๐’“๐’๐’๐’ˆ ๐‘ฉ๐’๐’‚๐’„๐’Œ ๐‘ณ๐’†๐’‚๐’…, ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ณ๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’™ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’•๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’–๐’๐’Š๐’• ๐‘ช๐’๐’ ๐‘ป๐’๐’…๐’, ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’Š๐’•๐’” ๐‘ณ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฉ๐‘ป๐‘ธ+ ๐’„๐’๐’๐’•๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’„๐’๐’๐’๐’†๐’„๐’•๐’Š๐’—๐’† Most were laid off this week, just three weeks after Netflix shut down its fan-focused website Tudum, comprised of mostly women and women of color recently hired by the streaming company.

In its announcement this week, Netflix said the layoffs were because of a "slowdown in revenue and a decline in subscribers," and that terminating "jobs" was "primarily driven by business needs rather than individual performance," as reported by the LA Times.

-----------------

It will be a better world when all "social media teams" are told to get real jobs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 12:05 AM

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 12:06 AM

The person who tweeted the silly comment about Netflix staffers being canned before Pride is a Google engineer who lists their pronouns as "any." Their tweet was then picked up by the British guy fed up with queer stuff.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 12:12 AM

Good. Now they can hire a sane gay social media team instead.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote]three weeks after Netflix shut down its fan-focused website Tudum

Tudum? Was it by any chance pronounced โ€œToo dumbโ€? At any rate, it sounds like they were overstaffed.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 4:51 PM

R10 Tudum is a town in Kazakhstan which sent LOTS of migrants to the US.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 9:47 PM

Good! From now on, we don't have read about Netflix shitshows on DL no more.

RIP Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2022 5:52 AM

Netflix sucks baboon anus and donkey dick at the same time!!

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2022 5:57 AM

r9 Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2022 7:49 PM

"social media teams" = manipulating secretive trolls

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2022 10:02 PM

r15 Good point.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2022 12:30 AM

In a revolutionary state comrades such individuals would be employed by the government.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2022 12:37 AM

Are they going to change their name to Hetflix:

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2022 12:46 AM

Did they have good queer content?

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2022 12:50 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2022 1:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2022 1:07 AM

[quote] โ€œAntiracist Baby,โ€ โ€ฆ Antiracism โ€ฆ

Propaganda campaigns based on a negative rarely work.

Normal people can't be bothered to devote their time, energy. and money into negative propaganda. That's what hateful ratbags do.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2022 1:13 AM

Sooo, in other words, lecturing your audience doesn't make money. Was wondering when the cows would come home.

I'm so fed up with the lecturing that I watch a narrower range of shows than I used. It feels so obligatory and so inauthentic.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2022 1:16 AM

Get wokeโ€ฆ ah, you know the rest.

The comments of that twitter thread are pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2022 1:19 AM

Good, and I hope other networks/companies follow suit. Get the woke idiots out.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2022 1:26 AM

Normal people can't be bothered to devote their time, energy. and money into negative propaganda. That's what lots of old-time Christians do.

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2022 1:28 AM

If Netflix raises their subscription price again Iโ€™m dumping them. Theyโ€™re not the only game in town.

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2022 1:34 AM

I'm for diversity but diversity office departments are completely useless and not worth the money. Full of grifters who do fuck all for the cause they are supposedly "passionate" about

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2022 1:40 AM

Who ever would have guessed this sort of thing would become annoying to the public

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2022 1:47 AM

From R29, concerning the situation where two men were just sitting there and using the bathroom without having purchased anything:

[quote]"Starbucks was built around the concept of a third place where we create a warm and welcoming environment for all customers..."

They weren't customers. Can I just go take a nap in a mattress store, too? Can I just shower in a gym's shower room without paying to be a member?

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2022 1:59 AM

Good for them, homophobic queers be gone!

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2022 2:04 AM

I have no idea who owns this 'Netflix' company but I know that Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin said that those pursuing propaganda MUST CONTROL the dissemination of communication.

It was newspapers in their day but it's Netflix now.

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2022 2:08 AM

Guess this generation is finally learning not to piss off the people who write the check.

โ€œAnti racistโ€ is just another way to say โ€œblame whiteyโ€ and people are rejecting it in droves.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2022 2:08 AM

DL sounds like Breitbart lately

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2022 2:18 AM

Or maybe just more sane R34

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2022 2:50 AM

Nah..too many right wing takes here

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote] Guess this generation is finally learning not to piss off the people who write the check. โ€œAnti racistโ€ is just another way to say โ€œblame whiteyโ€ and people are rejecting it in droves.

What does anti homophobic mean to you?

Only to a poorly educated idiotic racist does anti (against) racist (prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized) mean โ€œblame whitey.โ€

You can keep all of that right wing bullshit from The Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2022 3:15 AM

R37 claim to be anti-racist -> perpetuating racial stereotypes

by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2022 4:08 AM

[quote] Netflix has apparently fired all of its 'Queer social media team' Good for them, homophobic queers be gone!

[quote] Netflix has apparently fired all of its 'Queer social media team' R37 claim to be anti-racist -> perpetuating racial stereotypes

[quote] Cops Arrest Black 10 Year-Old For Stealing Bag Of ChipsR3 , such cakes

[quote] Cops Arrest Black 10 Year-Old For Stealing Bag Of Chips The fact that someone is black doesn't exclude them from moral duty not to steel.

[quote]Is Madison Cawthorn a total 'mo? R1 , I would kick him out, but after fucking him

Are you fucking retarded? You and Madison will make a perfect couple.

by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2022 4:51 AM

[quote] CNN is ditching the woke and trying to return to its former reputation for actual news.

As long as Don Lemon is employed by CNN nobody will believe that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2022 5:33 AM

[quote] It was newspapers in their day but it's Netflix now.

I hardly think shows about dragons or cheating housewives have swayed the global political discourse.

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2022 5:48 AM

the idea of needing a social media team (this specifically) is new. They already have well paid teams in place to promote their content.

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2022 7:14 AM

I hope they fire all the people who took part in that stupid protest. Nobody is just entitled to a job at Netflix (or anywhere for that matter).

by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2022 7:14 AM

They are screwed with Ozark and Stranger Things ending. I guess they still have Bridgerton but last season was weaker than the first and next season the love story will feature two unappealing people.

by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2022 7:26 AM

[quote]What does anti homophobic mean to you?

Making straight people feel really guilty for what happened to me in high school!

by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2022 8:25 AM

[quote] I hardly think shows about dragons or cheating housewives have swayed the global political discourse.

We have become dumber these last two decades, R41.

School teachers are teaching Queer emotionalism instead or teaching maths and science.

by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2022 8:43 AM

[quote] โ€œAnti racistโ€ is just another way to say โ€œblame whiteyโ€ and people are rejecting it in droves.

Why isn't there separate company as a kind of black version of Netflix pushing the 'black agenda'?

Why can't BLM set up a company wth those tens of million dollars they've got now?

by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2022 9:03 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2022 3:18 PM

Good ! Ha ha

by Anonymousreply 49June 4, 2022 3:23 PM

Another homophobic and racist Datalounge thread.

by Anonymousreply 50June 4, 2022 3:40 PM

[Quote]Why can't BLM set up a company wth those tens of million dollars they've got now?

BET - Black Entertainment Television? It already exists.

by Anonymousreply 51June 4, 2022 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!