Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prosecutors Try 101-Year-Old Ex-Nazi Guard

Isn't it finally time to let it go? Is forgiveness not a thing in Judaism? He's 101, for Christ's sake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 4:35 AM

I suppose clemency might be interesting if he pled GUILTY.

But this murderous Nazi bastard is denying all. If he is found guilty, I hope he suffers.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 7:39 PM

He should face the judicial process, even if a custodial sentence is pointless. This was a crime against humanity, not something to be forgotten because of the passage of time.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 7:46 PM

NO OP it's NOT time to let go. If you personally lost loved ones to the Nazi monsters...you'd want JUSTICE.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 7:48 PM

His friends tell him he looks 22!

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 7:48 PM

What took them so FUCKIN long to find this creature.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 7:50 PM

The US really should have did this to the plantation owners after slavery was abolished. Look at how their descendants still enforced a system of white supremacy years after slavery ended in the South. The Reconstruction era and Jim Crow segregation is such an embarrassing chapter in American history. I imagine if Lincoln ended, things would have played out differently. Germany is doing the right thing here, regardless if this Nazi is on his deathbed, he enacted a crime against humanity and it's only the right course of action. We can't repeat the same mistakes. Fun fact: The Nazis were inspired by American racism and its usage of propaganda to justify it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 7:51 PM

Why are you so sympathetic to Nazis?

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 7:51 PM

*if Lincoln survived

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 7:52 PM

With good behavior he'll be out in 2 years. He'll only be 103. Plenty of good years left to live his life.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 7:57 PM

Did Nazi's show any particular sympathy for the elderly, OP?

From what I've read, the elderly were among the first on the ramps to be selected for gassing as they were the most useless to the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 7:57 PM

Maybe he could move in with OP. Bet he's got some trophies & a few bits stolen from the victims. Maybe he could leave some of gold teeth, wedding rings, jewlery & special leather lampshades, medals, etc. to OP.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 8:03 PM

R6 Just based on your grammar you should recuse yourself from the discussion of history and law. You’re too stupid to understand just how ignorant you are.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 8:26 PM

R12 Thanks bro.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 8:28 PM

Maybe he doesn't remember the horrors and atrocities of the war, he's 101... :-/

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 8:31 PM

I hope this old man's moment of death is torturous, terrifying, and painful. Just like it was for the 3 million innocent Jews who did NOTHING to deserve it!

Karma's a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 8:34 PM

If he doesn't remember what he had for breakfast, I doubt he'll remember all the Nazi entanglements that occurred over 75+ years ago, he's so old and so pitiful looking, he's no threat to anyone...

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 8:35 PM

R15, it was over 6 million Jews. Don't forget the homosexuals, intellectuals, gypsies, other ethnic minorities snuffed out by the Nazis...

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 8:37 PM

Why is it that the unspeakably evil crimes the GERMANS committed against humanity as a coalesced mass are most commonly referred to as just Nazi abominations? The vast lion’s share of the Deutschen Volke were Hitler’s willing and eager participants. It was a German thing, not just Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 8:53 PM

Leave the poor old bastard alone. He hasn't done anything worse than most people posting here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 8:56 PM

Fuck him and fuck you OP

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 8:57 PM

I wish they had worked harder to prosecute Nazi war criminals at the end of the war. If this guy was a concentration camp guard then he shouldn't have slipped through the cracks. I suppose late justice is better than no justice. Rolling my eyes at OP for suggesting that Jewish people are religiously obligated to forgive a murderer. Stealth anti-Semite thread.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 8:59 PM

"he's so old and so pitiful looking, he's no threat to anyone..."

and neither were the thousands of elderly, children, and handicapped people murdered by the Nazis.

With simpletons like R16, it's so easy to see how this can (and will) happen again.

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 9:01 PM

R22 People like you actually want it to happen again just so you can play the victim.

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2022 9:03 PM

^^ Words straight out of a Schutzstaffel‘s mouth.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 9:06 PM

Kindly fuck off, you Nazi dirtball scumbag piece of shit troll, R23.

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2022 9:07 PM

I think it's a stretch to charge these guards that were like 22 at the time and pressed into service. It's not like they could just say, "Oh, I'm not going to participate in this war". The prosecutors are trying to say they're co-responsible for all the deaths that ever happened at the camp. I doubt this guy actually ever killed anyone himself.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 12:25 AM

There is no good reason why the Jewish people should be obliged to forgive the atrocities that were committed against them. That said the practicalities of trying a 101 year old who as others pointed out probably cant remember yesterdays events let alone those of 75 years ago make me wonder if its worth the effort now. The time for justice was back in the late 40' s and 50's as R21 points out - justice delayed is justice denied

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 3:52 AM

The concentration camp guards killed heaps of people and by all accounts, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fuck this guy.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 4:03 AM

OP, do you sympathize with Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Bobert too?

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 4:09 AM

[quote] Fun fact: The Nazis were inspired by American racism and its usage of propaganda to justify it.

R6 Uh, no. It's not a "fact", but part of the latest operative fiction/agenda. The Nazis were inspired by 1,700 years of Catholic/Protestant church fomented Jew hatred. No need to "import" vicious hatreds that had been entrenched in European culture/mentality for almost two millennia.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 4:16 AM

let him die in a prison infirmary

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 4:18 AM

Age doesn’t give you a pass on genocide.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 4:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!