Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Don’t Trust John Fetterman

There. I said it.

Connor Lamb was better.

Fetterman reminds me of Sinema, Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard,

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2022 10:49 PM

I haven't paid enough attention t him yet. Does Yang really belong with the other two?

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 3:58 PM

I don't know anything about him, but he looks like my middle school bully.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 4:02 PM

His followers are of the cult of Bernie mold.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 4:04 PM

OP, do you vote in PA?

Then nobody gives a rat's ass how you feel.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 4:04 PM

Have you been to Pennsylvania? It’s mostly ethnic white deplorables, Fetterman is the only chance for the dems here. Lamb only appeals to college-educated people with all of their teeth, which is a small demographic outside of the Philly and Pittsburgh suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 4:05 PM

Fetterman is not like any of those assholes.

He's closer to the old school Democrats. But he also does at least pay attention to the factors that killed industry and jobs in the last 40-50 years....many of the things that, when ignored by most politicians, created a fertile breeding ground for dumb deplorables.

He's not perfect, but because he can pick up some Libertarian votes as well as some people who don't want to see any of the GOP nominees win, he has a chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 4:07 PM

R5, have YOU been to PA? Because you're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 4:08 PM

I am not R5, but I lived in PA and know it like the back of my hand and much of it IS toothless deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 4:10 PM

[quote] [R5], have YOU been to PA? Because you're full of shit.

Nah, he's right. My family moved to Bethlehem, PA when I was ten and that describes so many people in this area.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 4:12 PM

I hope the posters on this thread are right & that Fetterman's unconventional style (he sort of looks like Herman Munster's surfer dude/amish cousin) appeals to PA because I fear Ohio is a lost cause, going the way of FL & TX and Wisconsin may not be far behind.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote]Lamb only appeals to college-educated people with all of their teeth, which is a small demographic outside of the Philly and Pittsburgh suburbs.

This couldn't be any further from the truth. Fetterman appeals to the younger, college educated set. They think he's a progressive because of this stand on legalizing pot. Lamb voted against legalizing in a House vote last year and people weren't happy.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 4:25 PM

Born and raised and current resident of PA, R7. If you’re Pennsylvania German then you probably live in Southeastern PA, which counts as the Philly region.

R11 I didn’t mean in terms of his policies, I meant in terms of his physical appearance and demeanor. That’s what most people go on, if they bother to vote at all

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 4:26 PM

Except college educated tend to vote more on tribalistic policy and not looks.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 4:31 PM

I hope he is not of Dutch descent, I hear they are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 4:39 PM

From an outsider, he comes across as someone who could go against some standard Democratic policies just to show he's "his own man". Kind of like the Dem version of John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 4:39 PM

He should challenge Oz to a battle to death. I think we know who would win.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 4:47 PM

R5, wrong again. I'm from Lebanon County, which is known as SOUTHCENTRAL PA. But PA "Germans" live all over PA and in Ohio as well. What do you do and where did you live that makes you believe yourself such an expert?

The two largest employers in PA are the PA state government and the US federal government, both of which have great medical coverage including dental care. That's why very few people under 70 in PA are missing their teeth. My sister worked for a dentist in Mechanicsburg (in neither the Philly nor Pittsburgh area, BTW) and knows more about this than you ever will. But if you want to see people with no teeth, I dare you to move to FL where I retired. You can have all the toothless BJs your little heart desires, because FL really IS a state with lots of toothless Deplorables.

You need to stop yourself before you dig an even deeper hole.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 4:53 PM

It may be a stretch to call many of the eastern PA deplorables "toothless" but the areas north of Philadelphia have become some of the most virulently racist areas in the country. Part of it, of course, was the total collapse of steel and industry in areas like Allentown, etc. And many of the people in those areas were the same ones who left Philly in the "white flight" of the 1960s and 70s.

Some parts of central PA are just so deeply isolated and, sorry to say, inbred that it's shocking if you've been outside of it to see it. Aside from State College (which in and of itself is its own isolated cocoon, for many reasons too layered to get into here) many of the central counties and west central counties are deeply backwards. Cities like Warren, Clearfield, Huntingdon, Altoona and Johnstown haven't had any new investments and few new families for decades, if not centuries, and it's the definition of inbreeding there, a cesspool of stagnant water that never gets any fresher.

Same in a big chunk of the western part of the state. Fayette County's literacy rate sits at about 40 percent. Corry and Franklin are in the record books for the whole country for both teen pregnancy and incest. Erie lost 90+ percent of the business that was there in 1972.

I'm sure there are truly beautiful things in PA Dutch country, and I will always have a love/hate relationship with my home state, but it's frightening to see where things are today, and it can only get worse.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 5:29 PM

PS, in case anyone was confused, I am not R5. My other post thus far is at R8.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 5:30 PM

Does he still have some of his original teeth? I don't expect all his original teeth are in place, but at least 40% and he has my vote.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 8:02 PM

[quote]against some standard Democratic policies

And that will be bad, how? If he stands up to the leaders and tells them to shut up about "Defund the police" and assuming that one's skin color determines their vote?

Look at who he'll be running against: a sham TV doctor or a rightwing nutjob who, despite all evidence, still screeches that Trump somehow won. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel!

But Fetterman's not perrrfeccct! Stay home and watch the Senate flip so we can have a Federal ban on abortion, sham voter restrictions, and putting the Republicans in charge of the economy when it's headed toward a recession (and help them give corporations another $trillion tax cut while raising your taxes).

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 8:26 PM

Grow up, R21. No one is saying anything that you wrote in your last paragraph.

And, to the first question, it could be bad because that's what Manchin does. Are you fine with Manchin?

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 8:50 PM

I can hardly wait for more Boris.

"I've voted in every election in The Pennsylvania and always the Democrat ticket but I just can't with John Fatman."

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 1:29 AM

It doesn’t matter if you trust Fetterman or not. He is what you -if your from PA have to choose, it is him or whichever crazy ass Repugnant wins. It’s just like West Virginia or Arizona, Manchin and Sinema ain’t perfect but it’s probably about the best you can expect to win in either state. I am surprised Tester has been able to hang on in Montana.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 1:45 AM

Go read Rick Scott's 11-point plan should the Republicans retake control, R22. I only mentioned four of those points. It gets worse.

And Manchin is a horrible Democrat, but if he said the Democrats should stop with the "defund the police" crap, he would be right. It's not that I'm not for reform; I just think we should learn from the Republicans and just do it when we have the power to do so. Why do we tell the enemy what we're going to do? Do they ever tell us? No, they lie and say Roe is settled law that they respect. And then they overturn it right out of the box and on the justification of a law from 1000 years ago.

I suppose now you'll try and tell us that never happened.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 3:28 AM

R25, you talk my language. That’s exactly right — they lie in order to seize the power. Once they have the power, they do whatever the fuck they want, and the Dems fucking let them!!!

The only proven strategy is to WIN. We must win elections, by any means necessary. Lie, Dems, lie.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 3:38 AM

Fetterman is an ally and has been for years. He's a solid Dem. Don't compare him to homophobic Russian shill Tulsi or obstructionist Sinema

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 3:41 AM

R18, aren't the areas North of Philadelphia actually Central New Jersey? And central NJ is about as liberal and diverse as a place can possibly be.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 4:58 AM

Fetterman seems good to me, and he can actually win an election. I also like that he isn't a cookie cutter progressive. Conor Lamb spent more time attacking progressive Dems than he should have.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote]It’s just like West Virginia or Arizona, Manchin and Sinema ain’t perfect but it’s probably about the best you can expect to win in either state.

Patently wrong on Arizona, since Mark Kelly and Joe Biden are incomparably better than Sinema and both won the state.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 5:13 AM

My Feelings about Joe Manchin--

I'm pretty sure he's a liberal in his heart, but enjoys getting elected. Otherwise, why wouldn't he just switch parties? He's doing what he can for the Democrats within our weird and wonderful system. I do NOT understand Sinema. I also don't like the spelling of her name. I also don't like that she wears sexy clothes and profane jewelry in the Senate. She's tacky.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 5:39 AM

Sinema is in it for Sinema and is a corporate shill who will do and say whatever to get money and power. She thinks she will be the first female president. She ia very ambitious and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 1:20 PM

What’s he going to do after he loses in November?

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2022 1:50 PM

Is Sinema bisexual or non binary? Did she come out as something? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2022 1:54 PM

Give it up, Vlado.

And he is going to bring Oz into the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2022 2:10 PM

^^^grind

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2022 2:10 PM

This is why we love the big guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2022 2:12 PM

Is Fetterman's Carhartt fetish the real deal or does he wear the brand to identify with blue-collar voters? Every photo of him I see he's wearing Carhartt.

The reason I ask is that less than 2% of Carhartt's product line is made in the US. That's not gonna resonate with some of the voters he needs to get elected.

Or is Carhartt the only company that makes apparel in XX Large and XX Long?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2022 2:29 PM

Pretty sure he has trouble finding clothes that fit so once you find a brand that works for you, you wear it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2022 2:31 PM

Manchin is not a "good Democrat" nor is Simena. Both go where the money is, every time.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2022 2:34 PM

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] I hope he is not of Dutch descent, I hear they are cunts.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2022 9:09 PM

I can't link the thread R42 but there is a delightful thread on how the Dutch are cunts. Elon is Afrikaner, so not Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2022 9:14 PM

Elon Musk carries the map of Holland on his face. He literally couldn’t look more Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2022 9:31 PM

The Dutch must be quite unattractive if Elon is their poster boy.

by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2022 10:00 PM

I don't trust Conor Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2022 10:49 PM

Op = Boris

by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2022 10:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!