Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gasoline Price Could Average $6 In The USA This Year!

Uh oh

There are some gasoline stations already charging $5 per gallon for regular near me. I remember paying $4.29 per gallon in June/July 2008. With inflation that would be about $5.60 per gallon. We might surpass that all time high pretty soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 10, 2022 5:39 AM

Just wait until these oil companies report on their record profits, and you’ll see how much of this is unfettered corporate greed.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 1:40 PM

R1 exactly, oil isn’t $200/barrell

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 1:45 PM

R1- I agree. Oil prices have been around $113 per barrel for a couple of months yet gasoline prices continue to soar.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 1:46 PM

Getting gas now - regular 4.99, premium 5.49

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 1:57 PM

Buy electric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 2:00 PM

ElderLez- Don't waste your money on Premium. Consumer Reports says that even on cars were premium is recommended you can still use regular.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 2:01 PM

stop buying it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 2:02 PM

R5- I just read an article yesterday at Consumer Reports and they were RAVING about the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and the Kia EV6. They did very well in Consumer Reports road tests.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 2:03 PM

[QUOTE] ElderLez- Don't waste your money on Premium. Consumer Reports says that even on cars were premium is recommended you can still use regular.

Consumer Reports doesn’t know shit about cars. They should stick to televisions and furniture. There are indeed certain engines in vehicles, particularly the luxury segment, where you have no business putting regular fuel in your tank.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 2:04 PM

EV is a fad. Hydrogen powered cars will be the kings on the road in a decade. The Japanese manufacturers are working hard on them.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 2:04 PM

I can’t quite put my finger on it but I blame Kamala’s cackling.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 2:05 PM

$6.09 reg Indio CA Circle K. Chevron $6.29 reg. The pickup next to me: fill, $146. He didn’t flinch.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 2:05 PM

R9- Consumer Reports knows plenty about cars which they've been testing since 1936.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 2:06 PM

If it gets that high it’s going to be a tsunami election.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 2:18 PM

Oil companies are gouging to replenish their cash on hand for political donations. Any nincompoop knows this. This is what they have always done.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 2:19 PM

Times like this rent in NYC - without a car payment or gas - seems cheap.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 2:20 PM

I'm glad I own my apartment in NYC and have zero need for a car!

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 2:30 PM

R16 R17 you don't think public transit isn't going to increase as well shortly?

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 2:31 PM

Yesterday I payed $5.79/gallon in Chico, California.

Our overlord Gavin Newsom says he will give everyone $400 for up to two registered vehicles, no income limit. Buying votes for the upcoming election, I don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote] Gavin Newsom says he will give everyone $400

More gasoline poured on the inflation fire.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 2:38 PM

R17 is too dumb to realize that even if you walk everywhere, you're still paying more for everything you buy off the shelf or online because - newsflash - it takes gas guzzling trucks to get that shit to you.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 2:43 PM

R20 Yes, but at least it's not stimulus checks to Sierra Nevada Brewery in the millions. The amount of money given to corporations during covid was obscene.

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 2:45 PM

Most modern BMWs can run on regular gas, thanks to more electronic components, but this can place stress on parts including electronic knock sensors in your engine. These electronic components allow the engine to detect the type of gas it’s running on and adjust performance accordingly, avoiding damage to your engine.

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2022 2:50 PM

Moved from NYC to a new city. It’s kind of walkable and we’re borrowing a relatives car RN. Want to buy my first electric but it seems so confusion. hybrid or plug in hybrid? Full electric? I’ve been trying to read up but I don’t know anything to start with. Also I’d like an SUV style.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 2:55 PM

R24 hybrids are at a sweet spot. Not much more than regular cars in terms of cost. The plug ins and fully electric vehicles are too expensive at the moment. Oh and good luck finding ANY new car right now for a decent price.

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2022 2:58 PM

Most people are blaming Biden. Presidents have nothing to do with it. Trump could not control oil any more than Biden can. The issue is around mid 2020 oil was selling at negative dollars, as in below zero. This was due to fracking and the unregulated sale of oil. The supply was flooded dropping the price of oil. Oil companies, even the frackers stopped selling. Cut production. Couple that with covid and the lack of demand oil prices floored. The oil suppliers decided never again. Domestic producers are limiting what they sell. Same for Frackers. This started during the end of Trump's term and into Bidens. The big oil companies were brought before Congress and basically gave them the finger. Oil companies will be producing record profits. I mean double anything we have seen before. The only recourse I think Biden and the government can take is to possibly go after them for price gouging in a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2022 3:11 PM

Where do you go to power up an electric vehicle? How long does that take?

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2022 3:28 PM

Well Biden depleted our Strategic Petroleum Reserve, selling it to Europe. That isn't going to help.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2022 3:29 PM

Good! I pray it goes to $16.00 gal. Americans are dumb, fat, entitled and lazy. Stop driving everywhere and walk. Fat asses!

Of course Americans will do nothing about it except continue to look at their cell phones. LAZY DUMB ASSES!

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2022 3:34 PM

R29 I am blessed to be in a major city that I can walk for most my groceries. Let's say you live in rural America or a small town: it is like a 20min drive to get anywhere. That will never change as our country is so big.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2022 3:40 PM

Had to quit my job at Domino's as a delivery person cuz of the gas prices. It use to be $15 per shift, then it became $30 something. Nah, I'd rather collect unemployment

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2022 3:49 PM

Biden can do something about fuel prices but he won't. Nor California Gas is 5.60 diesel over 6.00 now. He won't stop corporate gouging in any form because he is the voice of the corporations. Having said that Gas needs to be expensive because people waste it terribly. I vote for fuel rationing where each person gets a certain amount. How about this idea. Give every citizen an electric car. The pentagon can hire Lockheed martin to build solar and wind powered infrastructure to power them. It is a national security issue for sure to see we don't roast our planet.It all about choices and the choices that are made for us all involve paying the entrenched corporate cartels. It doesn't have to be this way.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2022 3:59 PM

R21- Those are Diesel guzzling trucks- Diesel fuel in some places is already $7 per gallon- that will cause prices of EVERYTHING to go up.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2022 4:13 PM

R28- Decided to impose sanctions against Russia- by among others things not buying Russian oil or gas. The problem is Europe depends on Russia's fossil fuels to heat their homes fuel their cars and factories. There is NO replacement for Russian oil and gas. It's as if they are imposing sanctions on themselves. Russia can easily sell all of it's fossil fuels and wheat to China and India it does not need Europe- Europe needs Russia.

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2022 4:16 PM

WE KNOW, R33/OP!

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2022 4:19 PM

Dems need to hold these oil companies accountable but I don't think they will.

They don't seem to be bothered by the price of oil, inflation, empty shelves or the upcoming election.

There is a shocking complacency within the party.

Several things need to be done to address this world wide situation.

Biden/Harris could've held a worldwide summit (G20, G40, etc.) on these issues for better optics but I guess they just can't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2022 4:20 PM

and yet my bike costs the same exact price as it did last year. . . .

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2022 4:20 PM

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2022 8:46 PM

Bye, bye, Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2022 9:02 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2022 9:03 PM

I love Joe but he is really fucking us over for the next election.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2022 9:08 PM

R41 Democrats have made it clear they have zero interest in the female vote (what with baby formula shortages and the whole trans/birthing people nonsense) anymore. It's an interesting election strategy.

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2022 9:22 PM

Biden is buying from Venezuela. He could buy American instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2022 9:28 PM

[Quote] Democrats have made it clear they have zero interest in the female vote

Because the Repigs do, r42?

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2022 9:31 PM

Republicans haven't gone all in on the trans thing or submit to the woke birthing people bullshit and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2022 9:32 PM

^^^ Thanks Vlad!

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2022 9:35 PM

LOL at the jihadi dragging the trans into YET ANOTHER completely unrelated thread.

You need therapy, Matt.

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2022 9:35 PM

We'll see who's laughing in November, R46.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2022 9:40 PM

R19. I live in Chico too. I don't have a car because I live in the downtown area and walk to Safeway and all the downtown shops and can walk to the park. So I don't need a car but is food expensive. I hate Newsom and didn't vote for him in the recall, I didn't vote at all because he is putting sex offenders in female prisons.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2022 9:43 PM

R41- What do you LOVE about him?

The fact that he looks like a mummy or acts like one?

by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2022 11:45 PM

$6.75/gallon here in SF Bay Area. Full tank for our Volvo is $100+.

Thankfully we have a Prius too and she's pulling her weight.

by Anonymousreply 51May 18, 2022 11:47 PM

So Putin invaded Crimea during Obama's administration, and invaded Ukraine during Biden's- see a pattern?

Maybe Trump was right: this never would have happened if I was President. But why?

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2022 11:49 PM

Today Biden invoked the Defense Production Act to deal with the baby-formula shortage.

You insane freaks will have to double down on the “woke pregnant people with pink hair” stuff now

by Anonymousreply 53May 19, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote]Today Biden invoked the Defense Production Act to deal with the baby-formula shortage.

Finally

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2022 2:10 AM

Adjusted for inflation, is gas really higher now than back in 2008 when.it went over $4 a gallon for the first time ever, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2022 2:27 AM

R55- If you read my opening post I said that gasoline prices are not as high in real terms as they got in 2008- yet.

As per the link to the CNN article some analysts are predicting a nationwide average of $6 per gallon by the summer which would put gasoline prices higher in real terms than they've EVER been.

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2022 2:46 AM

cunts!

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2022 2:55 AM

This is good because it will put us into thinking differently which will transitons us into acting differently. And thats good because we ain't living in the garden of eden no more.

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2022 3:11 AM

[quote]This is good...

Tell that to the working poor.

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2022 3:18 AM

Like anyone cares about them, r59. We sure don’t!

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2022 3:45 AM

Climate change is real we gotta stop burning FF's. Any reason is good. The working poor are gonna be double fucked when the can't cool down and can't afford fuel either.

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2022 3:19 PM

UK average price translates to $7.70 a gallon this week. Of course Americans drive a lot more due to the size of the country and the car accessible spread out sprawl. Also we're so used to cheap gas that giant SUVs are the norm.

The US will be the last nation on earth clinging to fossil fuel burning cars (well, maybe Saudi Arabia too) because of our giant petroleum corporations and corrupt political system.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2022 3:44 PM

Gas should be 10 dollars a gallon at least. We need to start doing something, anything about climate change. The planet will become uninhabitable if we don't. We will not be able to grow food if it gets too hot.

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2022 10:19 PM

Today crude oil is $112 a barrel. The last time it reached that level, in 2014, the price of a gallon of gas peaked at $3.75 a gallon.

Oil companies have realized that drivers are willing to pay $5 or more per gallon, and they’re profiteering. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2022 10:26 PM

If MAGAts were REALLY concerned about gas prices, they’d stop driving 90mph in their huge lifted trucks.

But they won’t, because they’re stupid.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2022 10:28 PM

[quote] Oil companies have realized that drivers are willing to pay $5 or more per gallon, and they’re profiteering. Simple as that.

Maybe they know that high gas prices will incite people to vote enthusiastically against the party in power and they hope to influence the election that way.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2022 10:29 PM

Today the US House passed a bill to crack down on price-gouging at gas stations.

Every single Republican voted no.

Got that?

Republicans want gas prices to stay high. At least through early November.

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2022 11:19 PM

no conservative govt will ever win another election in the western world. ever!

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2022 1:45 AM

[Bold] WHAT R65 SAID !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote] Tell that to the working poor.

𝐴𝑑𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑦 : 𝐹𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑝𝑜𝑜𝑟.

Interior Secretary Deb Haaland refused to say that gas prices are too high when Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso pressed her to at a hearing on Thursday.

During a Senate Energy and Commerce Committee hearing ranking member Rep. Barrasso asked Haaland, “Do you believe that gas prices are too high?”

Haaland did not answer the question directly, instead responding that things have been worse before.

“I completely understand the crunch that so many Americans are under right now,” she said. “I mean, I’m thinking back. I’ve been driving since I was about 18, so it’s, I know that we’ve had other — you know, I remember back when there were lines back out the gas stations and that kind of thing.”

“I think that Americans are still recovering from this terrible pandemic and there are a lot of other world events making things difficult for all of us,” she said.

Barrasso pointed out that she didn’t acknowledge prices are too high, and implied the administration isn’t doing anything to combat that “crunch.”

“So it sounds like you’re unwilling to say that gas prices are too high,” he said. “Because if you thought they’re too high, I mean — I just wonder what your department has actually done specifically to lessen this terrible pain that Americans are suffering under these high gas prices.”

Again, Haaland did not assess the price of gas as being too high or even that it would be better if they were lower, answering Barrasso on the subject of actions taken by her department instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2022 5:56 AM

House Republicans also think high gas prices aren’t a problem. So what’s your point, r70?

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2022 6:16 AM

Every should just start driving electric cars.

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2022 7:03 PM

A bit OT but at Costco today…..I couldn’t help notice how a majority plus of vehicles were these Ford Expedition/Explorer, Chevy Suburban, Caddy Escalade and big, heavy duty pickup trucks.

Don’t these monsters get like 25 MPG? All I could see was $120 fill ups. Lots of talk but not taking action. Must be nice to have so much that gas prices are inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2022 8:20 PM

Those tanks get “up to” 17 mpg city/ 23 mpg highway. And it’s not like most of them drive in a fuel-efficient manner, either.

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2022 8:55 PM

You woke libtards and you’re president who you all love so much, want my precious Britneigh and Jaydynn to WALK to soccer practice and track - they’re school is a whole half mile away! What are you, a bunch of groomers or something?! It’s my constitutional RIGHT to drive them in my Expedition, so stop charging us $4.89 a gallon! We just need to get rid of Brandon and it will go back under a dollar. #LGBFJB

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2022 9:13 PM

R75 Don't quit your day job.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2022 2:19 AM

R60 Neither does DL obviously. Or Biden who had to be shamed over it after 10 months in inaction.

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2022 2:22 AM

[quote]it’s not like most of them drive in a fuel-efficient manner, either.

That won't matter when they are driving to their polling location in November to indicate how they feel about gas prices and the Biden economy.

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2022 2:26 AM

PLAINS, GA—Former President Jimmy Carter was arrested Monday after a gas station attendant called the police to report a "hooligan" placing "I Did That!" stickers on gas pumps. Authorities arrived at the scene shortly thereafter and took the former president into custody for vandalism, disturbing the peace, and resisting arrest.

The infamous "I Did That!" stickers feature an image of President Biden pointing at the total sale of gas at the pump, as if proud of the economic strain he's placing on American families. According to authorities, the stickers have been popping up all over the country and aren't usually traced back to a specific culprit but in this instance, the stickers were placed comically low to the ground because Jimmy Carter is so short.

Carter, who saw an oil crisis during his presidency, reportedly voiced frustration with the Biden administration when confronted by authorities.

"In '79 we had an oil shortage. Maybe I didn't do everything right but I tried deregulating oil to increase domestic production and free us from the sharp rise in costs due to the Iranian Revolution," said Jimmy Carter, fuming.

The former peanut farmer continued, "But Biden just shut down our oil independence just because he hates Trump, making us more dependent than ever on foreign oil which is now exacerbated by a supply chain crisis no one wants to talk about and a Russian war that is only happening because Putin knows how weak Biden is."

"Sir, you're scaring the children," said Officer Mondale.

Police then cuffed Carter and sat him down in an itsy bitsy chair while they continued to question him about why he hated the president so much.

According to sources, Carter then shouted, "Not my president!"

He easily wiggled his way out of his handcuffs thanks to his small wrists and rolled away like a peanut to hide under a car.

If you or someone you know has seen Jimmy Carter, please call the police immediately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2022 3:58 AM

The Biden "I did that" stickers are funny (and effective).

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2022 5:24 AM

R79 is further proof that there’s no such thing as a funny MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2022 3:15 PM

R77, so you admit Big Oil is, in fact, price-gouging. That’s something, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2022 3:17 PM

Gas prices in California have soared to the point where some fueling stations are charging more than the federal minimum wage for a gallon of regular.

Several gas stations scattered throughout the state, including the Bay Area, Southern California, and the Yosemite region, are charging at least $𝟕.𝟐𝟓 for a gallon of fuel, according to the Gas Buddy website.

The consumer site listed gas stations in several locations, including Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Bridgeport, and Lee Vining, where fuel has surpassed the benchmark.

The federal minimum hourly wage of $7.25 per hour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2022 2:43 AM

^^^^ And we keep on driving as if nothing has changed.

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2022 2:52 AM

Walk, you fat whores.

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2022 2:55 AM

So you think lower gas prices are worth giving up our Democracy? Gun violence & abortion rights & insulin prices & VOTING RIGHTS don’t matter? Don’t be too sure.

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2022 3:02 AM

Go electric Condoleza rice has an oil tanker named after her. Scanky

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2022 3:45 AM

Who the hell would drive a diesel these days? Those things should be banned. Completely unnecessary and diesel stinks to high heaven!

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2022 3:50 AM

R88 Completely unnecessary?

All those big rig trucks that deliver your goods need them for the low end torque they produce

Also: diesel engines produce less emissions than gas. And they are more efficient.

by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2022 4:03 AM

At ski reports I used to visit the people with diesel cars would leave the motor turning over and lock the door. Fuel consumption was so low they could get in the car several days after and drive away while people with gasoline cars may or may not have been able to start their cars.

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote]And we keep on driving as if nothing has changed.

If a person's job and the grocery store are still the same number of miles away as they were before, that's going to happen, moron.

by Anonymousreply 91May 25, 2022 4:16 AM

The NY Post fails to mention that the minimum wage in California is $15.

by Anonymousreply 92May 25, 2022 4:22 AM

R92And what about people on fixed incomes?

by Anonymousreply 93May 25, 2022 4:23 AM

Big Oil - which is primarily responsible for this price spike - doesn’t give a shit about those people, r93. Why should they? They tend not to own oil stocks.

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2022 4:26 AM

r91, moronic fat ass fraucunt.

by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2022 4:59 AM

How to use less gas:

- Drive more slowly

- Avoid “jackrabbit” starts; accelerate slowly and smoothly

- Only use AC if really necessary

by Anonymousreply 96May 25, 2022 5:41 AM

Good advice r96. Also, coast to red lights. If you time it right, the light will change back to green by the time you get there, and it’s extremely satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 97May 25, 2022 5:45 AM

R96 R97 Thanks, that reminded me that also keeping tires aired at their recommended pressure improves gas mileage because the car rolls longer with less use of the engine.

by Anonymousreply 98May 25, 2022 5:46 AM

R83- $7.25 a gallon? OUCH!

Those prices are close to what people in the UK pay which is about $7.50 per gallon. I wonder why gasoline prices in the USA have skyrocketed but prices in Europe have barely budged.

by Anonymousreply 99May 25, 2022 5:52 AM

Because Joe is trying to push electric cars, whether consumers want them or not.

by Anonymousreply 100May 25, 2022 5:54 AM

[quote]I remember paying $4.29 per gallon in June/July 2008.

Mmm-hmm...and remember what happened right after that?

by Anonymousreply 101May 25, 2022 5:57 AM

EVs are great but we should really be encouraging more public transit.

by Anonymousreply 102May 25, 2022 6:01 AM

Adjusted for inflatia gas is actually $2/gallon cheaper than it was in 1979-1989

by Anonymousreply 103May 25, 2022 6:41 AM

There’s no time machine to go back to 1979-1989 to get gas and transport it here, so the price it was then doesn’t help anyone in our time, does it?

by Anonymousreply 104May 25, 2022 6:52 AM

The real price was about a third higher then than now......and humanity survived and prospered

by Anonymousreply 105May 25, 2022 7:14 AM

R103- Gasoline prices in May 1979 were about 85 cents per gallon which in todays money would be $3.40 which is far cheaper than gasoline prices are right now.

by Anonymousreply 106May 25, 2022 4:15 PM

Average UK gas prices have gone up as well; the national average is the equivalent of $8.09 per gallon. The U.S. average is $4.98.

by Anonymousreply 107May 25, 2022 4:35 PM

R107- Prices in the UK have not gone up nearly as much as gasoline prices in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 108May 25, 2022 5:23 PM

$6.80/gallon for premium gas at Chevron in the Bay Area now.

by Anonymousreply 109May 25, 2022 5:43 PM

No one needs a gas guzzling pickup truck if you aren’t in the business of hauling things around.

by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2022 8:58 PM

Average gas prices have jumped 26 cents in the past week, and $1.91 from a year ago, according to the AAA Gas Price Index,

The cost of filling up an average car rises to $94

Georgia maintained the cheapest gas in the nation at $4.40 per gallon, which nevertheless represented an all-time record high for the Peach State.

Gas prices have now more than doubled since Biden took office in January 2020, when the national average stood at $2.39.

A recent ABC News/Ipsos poll found that 83 percent of Americans say that the economy is either an extremely or very important issue in determining how they will vote in November.

Joe's "transition" plan proceeds

by Anonymousreply 111June 10, 2022 5:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!