Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Smallpox Vaccine for all Gay Men! Now!

Rather than wait for Monkeypox to spread throughout the community, we should push for the Smallpox vaccine to be unlocked for at-risk groups. Currently only lab workers handling the virus and those actively infected with Monkeypox can receive it. We know how this will play out, it’ll rip through the gay community, and the straights will make us out to be disgusting vectors of disease to be avoided, even as they spread COVID to each other. Someone here must have connections at an LGBT Health Center or some other organization that can push the vaccine agenda along. Let’s not GRID again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2022 7:34 PM

The smallpox vaccine has it's own risks.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 1:05 PM

R1 estimates are that with the Smallpox vaccine, if all 22 million healthcare workers in the US were vaccinated only fifty (50) would die. Monkeypox has a 10% fatality rate. I’ll take my chances with the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 1:10 PM

Are there herbs that can be taken instead?

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 1:10 PM

FDA has already approved a vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 1:13 PM

It's not just death r2. Severe side effects include blindness and heart problems, and people with eczema have added risks. There's two antivirals out there specific to pox viruses that can be used, and I believe both can be used as a prophylactic as long as it's given within a couple of days after exposure.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 1:17 PM

Oh okay, like 0.02%

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 1:22 PM

R6 is for R2

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 1:23 PM

if the dissolute shoe fits - wear it! 😱🤪😂😁🤪

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 2:12 PM

R8 it’s spread through the air and touching surfaces too, dumbass

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 2:23 PM

Scratch me, David!

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 2:26 PM

Eight cases now in Spain and five in Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 2:27 PM

r9 we've got a lovely secure private place by the lake fully stocked for at least the few years. we'll be able to watch the shit unfold live on our laptops in the screened in porch - if the internet and tv manage to stay up. dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 2:30 PM

If I am not mistaken, aren't most of us Americans protected? Didn't we all get the smallpox vaccine when we were kids? We should be fine in the States at least.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 2:35 PM

R12 it’s pretty sad to brag on here

R13 vaccines for SP stopped in 1972 and the effects fade after 3 years

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote]...and the effects fade after 3 years

No. Just, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 2:48 PM

Well it is times like this I am lucky I am an ugly gay not getting laid. Everyone else will be dying around me. Oh well! Ugliness and being unfuckable has its advantages during these times.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 2:58 PM

Why did they stop giving it?

by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2022 1:25 AM

R17 they eradicated it for the time being

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2022 6:37 PM

Who are they giving them to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2022 6:39 PM

You just watch. Jared will proclaim he’s in charge of all the vaccines. Just like last time, when he wanted to decide who got protective gear.

We was robbed in 2020! MAGA!!

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2022 7:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!