Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actors/actresses in the MCU

How much it is just for the fame and money? How many are just using the money to help fund passion projects? Are there any that genuinely like this shit?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 2:59 PM

Hmm, I can't imagine what attracts people to the biggest film franchise of all time. The chance to get paid obscene amounts of money portraying iconic characters that are loved around the world sounds like a real drag to me.

I don't and never will understand snobbery when it comes to entertainment. Let people like what they like and if it's not for you, move on. It really serves no purpose to denigrate something that you aren't into to try to make yourself seem, what, intellectually superior? A bastion of exquisite refined taste? No, it just makes you look sour, joyless and spiteful.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 10:40 AM

People will "like" any slop put before them because of the alienation of post-industrial society, free time and boredom so that's not a sufficient argument, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 11:06 AM

I have no issue with people "liking what they like". My issue is when it starts to feel like there isn't much space for anything else...

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 11:32 AM

Saying "let people like what they like" is a real cop out. So we're not allowed to question or criticize art because some people like it and some people don't? What an incredibly boring way to look at the world. I think r1 knows damn well the movies are shit.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 1:58 PM

It gives them instant international fame.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 2:09 PM

It's just fun. And "this shit" is often funny and better written than films that take themselves far more seriously.

You can't dine out on steak tartare every night.

Sometimes you just want fish and chips.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 2:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!