Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The bad joke of the new White House Press Secretary

Definitely one of the worst first day on the job performances by a public official in recent memory. Clearly wildly promoted above her abilities as stunt casting,

She can’t even read a prepared paper properly, and as for the “you know” in every second sentence, God Almighty!!!

And bitch: the White House Press Secretary doesn’t refer to the police as ‘cops’ FFS.

Clock the clip doing the rounds in social media of her answering the inflation question. She’s a goner.

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2022 10:23 PM

First day nerves? She might improve...

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 7:44 AM

She's definitely no Jen Psaki.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 7:51 AM

Come on. She’s grossly incompetent and dumber than dirt. This is really embarassing for the adminstration, and exactly what it doesn’t need right now. But an absolute gift to Fox News. A black lesbian who can’t even read the minutes prepared for her, and is totally at sea. Those of genuine ability below her must be laughing their tits off with relish. This is is where positive discrimination lands you - in clownland.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 7:52 AM

[quote] who can’t even read the minutes prepared for her, and is totally at sea.

So she is a perfect fit for this White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 8:13 AM

Maybe give her a little time to settle in to the job. Yes, of course she was chosen because she ticked so many boxes, and that's annoying. But this administration is actually giving press briefings, unlike a certain other one.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 8:19 AM

[quote]Maybe give her a little time to settle in to the job.

Yes, let's just let someone on a six figure salary courtesy of public money, and who is supposed to be the voice of the administration, and who gave a performance that would embarrass a sixth-grader, "settle in to the job".

I give her a month. Tops.

Rep social media love her. LOVE HER. Best. day. evah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 8:26 AM

She was deputy press secretary for 1.5 years. Why does she need time to settle in?

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 8:29 AM

I was kind of surprised at how shaky and awkward she was. I think she bought into her hype and psyched herself out. Too focused on being the first this and that on the podium, not focused on the job.

She's filled in for Psaki before and done perfectly fine. No can be worse than Psaki, so she's already better than someone. Psaki was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 9:00 AM

I was foretold of this in a dream...She is cute and stylish, and was a fine pundit surrounded by like minds, but I'd seen her attempting to field questions pitched rougher and more unexpected than softballs and she was dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 9:24 AM

[quote]can’t even read the minutes prepared for her, and is totally at sea.

And that's a problem?

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 9:40 AM

r5 two wrongs don't make a right. The partisan pendulum swings, courtesy of the 10% oligarchy, are fucking up society.

IMHO it also doesn't bode well that the admin is this guileless, for lack of a better word. If they wanted to see the potential problems with ticking the black lesbian boxes-so to speak, they need look no further than Lori Lightfoot. She's managed to totally piss off everyone in Chicago for different reasons, including blacks and LGBT.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 9:46 AM

Biden was more worried about checking all the woke boxes (Black, woman, gay, immigrant) than he was selecting someone who was actually qualified and talented.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 9:47 AM

Bish need to go.

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 9:48 AM

She was fine. Much better than those lying no nothing press spokeholes for orange idiot.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 9:56 AM

Only right wing outlets like Fox and the NY Post think there was a problem. In fact, what's bothering them is the fact that she's a black woman and a lesbian. And not a Nazi. Pray tell, give us your thoughts on 'replacement theory,' OP, when you're done trolling.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 9:57 AM

She made regular appearances on MSNBC prior to joining the Biden administration and seemed competent. I'm not sure she has the engaging personality that Jen had, but I think she will get better.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 9:59 AM

In this case, whataboutism is conveniently applicable. At this point in my life, I don't give a fuck if she queefs while doing prezzie.

The worst Democrats are still 99 times better than the best Republicans - MeMeMeMeMeMe

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 10:04 AM

What, Kaylie McEnemy is back? Or big fat Sarah Fuckabee Sanders?

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 10:07 AM

Not everyone found that engaging R16.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 10:11 AM

^I don't think many people agree with you here, but you're entitled to your minority opinion.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 10:20 AM

[quote]Only right wing outlets like Fox and the NY Post think there was a problem.

Er, no R15, that's not the case. Although naturally outlets like the Grey Lady are dead silent. Have you actually viewed the broadcast. It's skincrawling. A very big problem for the Administration that it needs to fix pronto. Obviously she was perfectly fine in fluffy softball interviews, but is very plainly several hundred feet of her depth when under real scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 10:20 AM

typo: of her depth = out of her depth

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 10:21 AM

She's incredible. She was the one who took care a guy who tried to take over a discussion. She is fearless. She's only going to get better. Love her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2022 10:31 AM

Why didn't they hire that beautiful and eloquent Harvard grad "junior national poetess"? She's 100% treacle fakitude but she can speak and isn't stupid.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 10:59 AM

Being unable to outdebate Pete Doocy, the dumbest reporter alive, on inflation is not a good first day in the office.

(The correct answer is that corporations are obviously using post COVID supply chain and inflationary trends to price gouge and are achieving unprecedented, and if they don’t knock it off some windfall taxes or revocation of tax breaks should be coming their way).

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2022 11:11 AM

I think we don't need to hear pat boilerplate woke phrases such as white- or male- or hetero-privilege. That's all. It's not good messaging to all.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2022 11:57 AM

Adjust your blinders accordingly. She’s on your team so you must defend her!

by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2022 12:35 PM

I am not a Biden guy but I live here and am a citizen and want to see the country decently governed for four years. Biden and the Democrats just seem to keep fucking up. The only thing that will stop the bleeding in the midterms and 2024 is the reaction to Roe being overturned.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2022 12:48 PM

Please just shut up R28.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2022 12:51 PM

Why are they doing press conferences? Trump showed its wholly unnecessary - and does more harm than good.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2022 1:45 PM

𝐃𝐨𝐨𝐜𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy noted an irony in the reasons White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre gave for the “pausing” of the Disinformation Governance Board.

During the White House press briefing, Jean-Pierre explained that the disinformation board — derisively referred to as “Ministry of Truth” by many on the right — has been paused and is under review.

“The board will not convene during that period but the department’s work across several administrations to address disinformation that threatens the security for our country is critical and will continue,” she said. “So that work is going to continue.”

“So if it’s pausing because you think the board was mischaracterized, then the disinformation board is being shut down because of disinformation?” Doocy said. “Is that what’s happening here?”

The disinformation board shutting down over disinformation is pretty notable.

“Look, I mean the board was put forth for a purpose, right,” Jean-Pierre replied, not really addressing that point. “To make sure that we really did address what was happening across the country when it came to disinformation.”

She said that the board, which has come under fire from both sides of the political aisle since being announced in April, has been mischaracterized by “outside forces.”

The Washington Post first reported on Wednesday that the disinformation board was paused and that its head, Nina Jankowicz, has resigned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2022 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!