Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you feel a cultural blowback coming soon?

Like a hard swing from the 70s to the 80s. I can sense the exhaustion with wokeness and its gonna be a blood bath for gays, since gays are linked with T these days, and people are exhausted by Ts.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 3:47 AM

I feel more trolling coming soon. This was piss poor, even by basic troll standards: wokeness, trans - you forgot CRT, Cultural Marxism, grooming, whatever...

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 3:31 AM

No, OP. You're probably judt feeling the effects of your own shit stirring.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 3:44 AM

^ *just

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 3:45 AM

I’m sure the gays will be fine but things will probably get pretty conservative again soon. Most rational people are pro gay rights even if they’re conservative.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 3:47 AM

Oh, fuck up with your anti-trans anti-woke bullshit, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 3:49 AM

[quote] Most rational people are pro gay rights even if they’re conservative.

You know that email you got from a Nigerian prince? Don't send them money.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 3:49 AM

Yes, I do. Netflix had released a statement that was leaked online to its staff that if they don't like the content or it's offensive to them personally, Netflix is not the right fit for them. I feel there is a blow back and people are getting more bold. You also have the BLM embezzlement fraud that's being investigated. When I say blow back, I mean hopefully we will move beyond this hypersensitive phase and not be worried about policing every word. I'm not worried about gay hate, but who knows what the future holds. The world is a very unpredictable place right now.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 3:56 AM

Liberals are sick of the woke fascism too.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 3:58 AM

But you're not a liberal, Oleg.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 3:59 AM

The sane ones are, I agree, R8. That's not who we usually hear from.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 4:00 AM

I mean RvW was the first stone. Things are gonna be bad money-wise, so people are gonna be looking for things to blame. I am posting this thread for y'all to buckle up and organize the community soon. It gonna be a bumpy ride. History tend to repeat, I hope not but still.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 4:03 AM

We have actual insane people speaking for us and any debate or disagreement is met with people trying to get people fired from their jobs. The woke fascists are doing us no good whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2022 4:06 AM

If a cultural blowback happens, and i agree it is likely, Pete will be very well placed politically.

As he said recently, "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a cultural war."

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2022 4:14 AM

[quote]The sane ones are, I agree... That's not who we usually hear from.

You hear from plenty of sane liberals. You just choose to ignore the majority and fixate on the more noticable ones.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2022 4:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2022 4:24 AM

I don't know OP. In the 70s and 80s were there a lot of white supremacist dudes who were financed by religious zealots, fossil fuel industry and Russian mobsters who took over one of the 2 major political parities and subsequently spent all their political muscle taking away everyone hard gotten gains over the last 50 years? Because, yeah, that might foment a blow back from the sane majority of the population who have been watching aghast as the GOP goosesteps over the Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2022 4:33 AM

I agree that plenty of sane liberals are sick of the woke facism. You can’t even disagree with people these days without them saying you’re a trumper. There’s no room for discussion because the other side refuses to even listen. It’s as bad as dealing with right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 4:34 AM

R17 Maybe you need new friends.

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2022 4:43 AM

[quote]I mean RvW was the first stone.

When I read "RvW," Rip van Winkle is the first thing to come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 4:43 AM

Probably. It needs to happen, though. The alternative to "conservative" backlash is total collapse and chaos. Things can't go on the way they are now. Something has to change. I mean, we aren't in stasis and many citizens of the USA are unhappy with the status quo, so yes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 4:56 AM

uh, NO, it does NOT need to happen R20. The last time it happened, it was a massive kleptocracy scheme via some trickle-down voodoo.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 4:58 AM

This conversation is mostly one sided with the one side trying to convince itself of its opinion.

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 5:05 AM

OP keeps repeating the phrase "woke facism" like it means something. These "Let's Scapegoat Transgender People!" threads are morally bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2022 5:21 AM

Believe, think and speak as we do, even if it flies in the face of reality. No discussion or you're canceled. That's facism.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 5:27 AM

R23 i have never used "woke fascism" as a phrase. Read my post history

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 3:07 AM

R25/OP, I will. I've blocked the person you're responding to because it is a tranny troll.

It feels like Democrats are self-sabotaging with the insane far-left, censorious attitude they have to anyone who doesn't agree with absolutely everything new on the party platform. It's a new Puritanism.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 3:10 AM

Because the old Puritanism was great?

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 3:14 AM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 3:14 AM

when the fascists are 'accidentally' elected in a mixture of apathy and myopic ignorance later this year we'll all find out for sure, but my money is on OH FUCK YES.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 3:18 AM

R27, whoosh

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 3:44 AM

You are all whores and you are all sinners.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!