Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So Amber Heard destroyed her career with that Washington Post op Ed?

Why did she do it?

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2022 2:01 PM

I think the ACLU put pressure on her to do it. She had promised a large donation to them which she wasn't honoring. Maybe she thought it would keep them sweet because they obviously weren't happy that she hadn't paid them and that was causing bad publicity for her.

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2022 11:54 PM

She thought jumping on the #MeToo bandwagon would endear her to Hollywood types.

Plus the ACLU point that R1 mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2022 11:57 PM

Did she really have much of a career to destroy?

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2022 11:59 PM

well, she testified today in court that she was paid $1m plus a box office bonus for Aquaman and $2m for the Aquaman sequel so yes, she does have a career (even though she's objectively a bad actress).

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2022 12:02 AM

I have a question.

If Johnny really did beat her and abuse her regularly, how is Amber's OP ed piece NOT about Johnny??

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 9:04 PM

What's the deal with her 10 minute appearance in Aqua Man 2? Was it always supposed to be that small or did the powers that be slash her role after the backlash from this trial?

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 9:07 PM

Agree r1, of course that raises the question, why did the ACLU decide to be complete assholes and put themselves in the middle of this stupid mess of a celebrity divorce?

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 9:08 PM

I mean Angelina went to Washington DC with all these politicians recently to give a speech about the domestic violence bill and mentioned how she relates to it with her own experience and Brad didn’t sue her for defamation even though he was cleared by the fbi and child service.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 9:16 PM

Angelina has had numerous marriages and relationships. It could have been anyone really. At least that's what she'd (and Brad) would say.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 9:18 PM

Brad seems to be more well-adjusted than Johnny.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 9:55 PM

I really cannot figure out why this messy marriage is getting so much media coverage - frankly any coverage is too much here.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 10:02 PM

LOL this bitch couldn’t just keep her trap shut

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2022 7:50 PM

Could be made into a film...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2022 7:53 PM

[quote] I really cannot figure out why this messy marriage is getting so much media coverage

People are bored with Ukraine so we needed some other diversion from Joe's sinking ship

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2022 8:05 PM

That amazing little dog should be the ColoGuard spokesperson rather than the creepy box currently employed as the mascot.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2022 8:10 PM

There is always a consequence...

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2022 8:13 PM

The ACLU have been assholes for at least a decade. Craven.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2022 8:30 PM

More than the OpEd, it's that she made it her whole personality for six years to be an abused woman and had no proof of actually happening when pressed. She was so loud about the whole thing.

R8 Angelina didn't make it about him, could be about anyone she's been married to or dated, while Amber made the OpED about Johnny. And regardless, Brad is still more popular/well liked than her and has a better career than Johnny and obviously better than hers. He got cheered publicly after divorcing her and all the Maddox crap went down. The general public already thinks she's the crazy one and she also seems to be struggling with roles and money. He doesn't have much need to do anything to get his reputation back since he never lost it.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2022 8:33 PM

She clearly got all caught up in #MeToo fever at its height. She got grandiose and figured she'd be a great martyr and brave heroine in addition to a superstar. Blech. Must say, "me too" was a genius hashtag, tailor made for emotional attention-seekers and narcissists. Who doesn't like to say MEEEEEEE TOOOOO!

Amber could have played the hell out of Gone Girl.

by Anonymousreply 19June 2, 2022 2:57 AM

r19 probably thinks Johnny is a saint

If she's so awful, why did he marry her?

by Anonymousreply 20June 2, 2022 3:07 AM

Bet all these posts are from alt-right wingnuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 2, 2022 3:08 AM

r19 is probably Bill Cosby

by Anonymousreply 22June 2, 2022 3:09 AM

I suspect the ACLU has a dirty agenda. I think they chose Amber Heard, who they knew had been arrested for DV and comes off as a liar, to represent DV to hurt the issue. Just like they are trying to force violent trans women into female prison populations, the worst offenders give it a bad name and it undermines all trans. They are super shady for this and I don't trust them for anything.

Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy nut, but why insert themselves into trans women in prisons, which is very controversial for good reason, and then not choose someone more believable for DV, like Mandy Moore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 2, 2022 3:16 AM

Amber just came off like a villainess. Johnny came off like a bumbling fool, but it worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 24June 2, 2022 3:23 AM

Here's what I can't account for: I like Johnny Depp and I don't like Amber heard. She comes across as a gold digger opportunist and he's likable. Even though I know he made up the accent and he's from Kentucky, I STILL find it charming and him affable--THAT is talent and is why he's a real star and she was a tryhard.

by Anonymousreply 25June 2, 2022 3:36 AM

People like Johnny. Edward Scissorhands, Captain Jack Sparrow.....beloved. Now all he needs is to clean up his act and get a good comeback role.

by Anonymousreply 26June 2, 2022 3:44 AM

People keep calling her a golddigger but old creepy men who marry young women have to know that the women are marrying them for money or in her case possibly to get better parts. What the hell do these old ugly men expect. Younger women are not attracted to old men, does anyone ever see a poor old man with a young wife. Please.

by Anonymousreply 27June 2, 2022 3:56 AM

Yes, R20, Amber is such a frail flower, a real sweetheart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2022 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!