Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why I only shower once a week šŸšæšŸ§¼šŸ’¦

Number one reason: I just donā€™t like it. The entire process is overwhelming.

Number two reason: The HUGE time commitment. From warming the water up, to getting into the shower, to doing all of the necessary shower things, to getting out of the shower, to drying off, to waiting for my hair to dry, I canā€™t be bothered to do it.

Number three reason: I hating the feeling of wet hair. I canā€™t use a hair dryer and I hate the sound, I have sensory issues.

Number four reason: The environment. Iā€™m not wasting water or products and you shouldnā€™t either. Together we can all save the planet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 20, 2022 11:55 AM

I love showers. They're one of the great unheralded pleasures of modern life.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2022 9:49 PM

If you don't smell and don't look dirty, do your thing. But if your body smells enough for other people to smell you, get in the shower and scrub yourself. Good Lord, people are fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2022 9:54 PM

I bet her pussy and butthole stink!

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2022 9:55 PM

Well Johnny Depp showers once a year, so, you're winning.

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2022 9:55 PM

I donā€™t see what the big deal is.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2022 9:56 PM

I work with a person who showers once a week and she REEKS! I have come to loathe her for subjecting myself and others to her stink.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2022 9:56 PM

Thereā€™s this thing called a ā€œshower capā€. You can put it on your styled hair and keep it from getting wet in the shower. Your body can be cleaned without the complication of redoing your hair.

Thereā€™s no reason to have a disgusting body.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2022 9:56 PM

R6, how do you know how often she showers? You asked her?

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2022 9:57 PM

[QUOTE]I bet her pussy and butthole stink!

And thereā€™s still plenty of straight men ready to put their dicks in her.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2022 9:57 PM

If you use a bidet maybe, anyway if you get overwhelmed by taking a shower, it's time for Zoloft.

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2022 9:59 PM

She sounds exhausting.

If she hates dealing with wet hair so much why not get a different hair style? Say, like Ruby Rose's? Something that's easy to maintain and easy to dry. Why have long hair all the way down to your shit-smeared ass.

Speaking of which, you know her pussy and asshole stink to high heaven. God forbid if she has some other skin folds in her bikini area.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2022 10:00 PM

OP, I'm sure you're sensible and use a lightly-soaped wash cloth on your face, armpits and groin.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2022 10:00 PM

Ohhh, did this unshowerer HAVE to be a woman? Being unbathed can be hot in the right context.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2022 10:01 PM

"Warming the water up"? Does this person live in Europe or some Third World country?

I only read what OP posted, I didn't click the link. I won't read anything linked from the Reich Wing NY Post.

In the US, when you turn on the sink or shower/bath faucet, the hot water should immediately be hot. My hot water is always hot.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote]And thereā€™s still plenty of straight men ready to put their dicks in her.

More power to them.šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2022 10:05 PM

She didnā€™t even mention the worst partā€”picking the hair out of the drain.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2022 10:05 PM

You are so fucking disgusting Ed.win Mont.anez Jr. , the Brooklyn Seacow, you must smell like complete SHIT!

Also you are bald as shit, you hate wet hair? LOL

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2022 10:05 PM

Do you get laid often?

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2022 10:06 PM

[quote]Together we can all save the planet.

Fuck the planet, I want to be clean.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote] In the US, when you turn on the sink or shower/bath faucet, the hot water should immediately be hot. My hot water is always hot.

Where do you live that itā€™s immediate? Even in the biggest cities like NYC or SF, itā€™s not immediate.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2022 10:11 PM

depending on your body chemistry, this is not terrible. As on older person, I can't skip bathing or wearing deodorant. I have to use industrial grade deodorant, that frou-frou stuff sold in Whole Foods won't cut the funk.

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2022 10:12 PM

In my NYC building the hot water is immediately warm. And in two seconds itā€™s hot. Even when I lived in a 100-year old tenement building, it took about five seconds to get hot. Never an issue.

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2022 10:14 PM

Five seconds is not immediate.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2022 10:15 PM

Well, if it happens to you, R22, then surely it happens to everyone else also.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2022 10:16 PM

Your body grows bacteria in all of your cracks and crevices and that starts to SMELL especially in your genitals, armpits and ass. If I don't shower for a day, I can't stand to be around myself.

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2022 10:17 PM

R25, thatā€™s a lie. You canā€™t smell yourself.

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2022 10:18 PM

R26 You can smell your clothes, duh.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2022 10:20 PM

If you work out, you have to shower. Bacteria may cause rashes and yeast infections.

That said I hate regular deodorant and finally found a natural one that works. Little Seed Farmā€™s charcoal deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2022 10:20 PM

Yeast is good for you. Thatā€™s why they sell it in stores.

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2022 10:23 PM

I skipped deodorant during the quarantine and learned intimately , I need to bathe and wear deodorant daily

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2022 10:24 PM

Maybe she uses wipes..Iā€™m not reading the article

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2022 10:24 PM

Seems reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2022 10:27 PM

There is no reason to not shower daily. This jerk simply sounds lazy and/or mentally ill. Listening to all her excuses, she could have been in and out of the shower by then!

If you always work from home, smell away, you aren't subjecting others to your funk.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2022 10:29 PM

A close female friend's assistant reeks, her funk is especially horrible during the time of the month this stinker has her period. The assistant told my friend, "In our culture, we are not supposed to bathe when we have our period."

My friend didn't know what to say, my friend wanted to point out to this woman she always smells bad. This woman's hair always looks greasy. My friend describes this weirdo as, "Always looking as of she has a layer of oil on her body. She's disgusting."

Unfortunately, this woman was already in place when my friend was hired. My friend has complained numerable times about the smell making it difficult to function. For some reason, HR won't fire this freak.

Why should any office environment be subjected to this?! It's not as if my friend works in construction or any field where physical activity makes the workers sweat profusely, then get smelly.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2022 10:31 PM

Honestly a warm shower in the morning is the only way to make me functional. If I couldn't have that there wouldn't be any point in getting me out of bed.

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2022 10:34 PM

Clearly she's on the spectrum. Dirty aspie.

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2022 10:35 PM

[quote]Where do you live that itā€™s immediate? Even in the biggest cities like NYC or SF, itā€™s not immediate.

Are you serious? I can go into my kitchen or bathroom right now, turn on my hot water and it's hot. I live in NYC, in a condo. Even when I lived in rentals, I never had any problems with hot water not being hot immediately.

Hot water doesn't need to "warm up". In what sort of shitty place does this woman live? Does she have a separate boiler in her bathroom, I know some homes and apartments in Europe have separate boilers in their bathrooms.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2022 10:37 PM

R34, why are people in the office during a pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2022 10:37 PM

Sheesh. It all depends on how far your faucet is from the hot water heater. Itā€™s not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2022 10:42 PM

[quote][R34], why are people in the office during a pandemic?

You newbie trolls on DL just won't quit!

This stinky woman has been my friend's assistant for years. This is not a current situation, it's been ongoing way BEFORE the pandemic. My friend has been at her job for years, at least over 8 years, which means the greasy stinker was already there years before my friend became her boss.

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2022 10:42 PM

Why would anyone stay at a job for over 8 years??

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2022 10:44 PM

Human beings are not universally alike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote]Sheesh. It all depends on how far your faucet is from the hot water heater. Itā€™s not rocket science.

This makes no sense either. I live on the 20th floor, my hot water is always immediately hot. Hot water is always in the heater.

You think someone who pays millions to live in a NYC co-op or condo is going to have to wait for their water to "warm up"?

You people sound like fucking hillbillies.

by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2022 10:45 PM

Maybe not everyone is like you or lives where you live?

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote]Why would anyone stay at a job for over 8 years??

WHY are you such a fucking annoying POS moron?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2022 10:48 PM

I boil water for my hot bath.

by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2022 10:49 PM

R45, itā€™s a legitimate question. It seems only boomers stay in a job that long.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2022 10:51 PM

[quote]In my NYC building the hot water is immediately warm. And in two seconds itā€™s hot. Even when I lived in a 100-year old tenement building, it took about five seconds to get hot. Never an issue.

Thank You! These fucking DL trolls must live in trailers, their cars or some Third World country.

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2022 10:52 PM

Vagina. Trans. Fraus. Why a female only showers once a week. Welcome to DataLounge 2022.

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2022 11:08 PM

Can you imagine what her cooch smells like?

by Anonymousreply 50May 16, 2022 12:28 AM

Gurls, please welcome Leona Helmsley at R43.

by Anonymousreply 51May 16, 2022 12:55 AM

I guarantee she doesn't, r16

Does she also find brushing her teeth too time consuming? She sounds insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 52May 16, 2022 12:59 AM

Showering feels good.

by Anonymousreply 53May 16, 2022 1:00 AM

Will the Immediately Scalding Hot Water Troll please shut up? Most water heaters set in energy saving mode don't heat water up as quickly as yours does. I live in L.A., not some "hillbilly" enclave, and most people I know have to let the shower run for a minute to get the water hot enough.

[quote]I hate regular deodorant and finally found a natural one that works.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 54May 16, 2022 1:04 AM

A daily shower is not necessary for health. Do it for mental health, but 2-3 times a week is better. If you wipe your pits and bits and wear clean clothes you won't stink.

Our immune systems need a certain amount of stimulation by normal microorganisms, dirt, and other environmental exposures in order to create protective antibodies and "immune memory." This is one reason why some pediatricians and dermatologists recommend against daily baths for kids. Frequent baths or showers throughout a lifetime may reduce the ability of the immune system to do its job.

And there could be other reasons to lose your enthusiasm for the daily shower: the water with which we clean ourselves may contain salts, heavy metals, chlorine, fluoride, pesticides, and other chemicals. Itā€™s possible these may cause problems, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 16, 2022 1:05 AM

If you are only showering once a week you are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 56May 16, 2022 1:06 AM

I get not washing your hair daily...many benefits are available online. However, not washing your private parts, armpits and shit hole daily if leaving the house is nasty and inconsiderate.

by Anonymousreply 57May 16, 2022 1:32 AM

Why I shit standing up

by Anonymousreply 58May 16, 2022 1:52 AM

[quote]Will the Immediately Scalding Hot Water Troll please shut up? Most water heaters set in energy saving mode don't heat water up as quickly as yours does. I live in L.A., not some "hillbilly" enclave, and most people I know have to let the shower run for a minute to get the water hot enough.

I NEVER said my hot water was "scalding hot". I said, when I turn the hot water on, my water is already hot, that I never have to run the hot water for it to become hot. Period.

If anyone's water is "scalding hot" the minute you turn it on, there is something wrong, the boiler settings need to be re-set. In fact, my building had this problem a few months ago. The hot water was almost boiling, this happened after the boilers were cleaned, the hot water was way too hot, the maintenance people fixed it.

I've NEVER lived in any place where I had I to run the hot water in my kitchen, bathtub or bathroom sink for a minute to get the hot water "hot enough". This sounds so bizarre, I cannot believe, especially in the US, this is any kind of normal behavior.

People in the projects, and others who have shitty landlords in their rentals, usually have problems not having hot water and sufficient heat, this doesn't occur in expensive rentals, co-ops and condos.

Not sure you remember a recent event in a Bronx NY rental building, there were many deaths due to a fire. A horrific fire started because the tenants had to use electric space heaters because they weren't provided sufficient heat in cold weather.

A friend recently rented a house and is already having problems with the water. Like I said, shitty landlords do this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 59May 16, 2022 2:36 AM

The water is not technically "heating up." It's already heated and sitting in a tank. If the pipes are cold, the first couple of gallons of water that run through the pipes will come out cold (from your faucet / shower). How fast or slow this process is depends, in part, on the distance between your faucet and the tank.

Exception: when I lived in Japan, I had some type of amazing hot water heating system in my apartment. IIRC, it was gas-based. Immediate hot water.

by Anonymousreply 60May 16, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote] How fast or slow this process is depends, in part, on the distance between your faucet and the tank.

This. I've lived in California suburban houses all my life and in most of them, like the long, ranch style house I live in now, have a water tank on one end of the house and the bathroom on the other. It literally takes just under a minute for the water to be sufficiently hot. It's frustrating because we're in a draught and I should be saving it in a bucket but I don't. Plumber said there's nothing you can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 61May 16, 2022 2:53 AM

Dataloungers can argue about anyfuckinthing.

by Anonymousreply 62May 16, 2022 2:53 AM

Ask Cheryl want she thinks...

by Anonymousreply 63May 16, 2022 2:59 AM

My pussy is suddenly smelling like a spring bouquet of fresh cut flowers.

by Anonymousreply 64May 16, 2022 3:00 AM

My mom's family was from the old country/Italy. She only showered once a week, and as kids we only took a bath on Sunday nights. This was in the late seventies. They had a health/hygiene film in 5th grade that said you should shower or bathe once a week. Well, the whole class started laughing and I didn't know why. Then the teacher kind of snickered and said, "Or more often". The film was probably from the 50's or 60's. I started bathing/showering a lot more after that.

by Anonymousreply 65May 16, 2022 3:14 AM

R8 we both work away from our home base and are work ā€œpartnersā€ so we are basically together 24/7 during shifts so I know her every move.

by Anonymousreply 66May 16, 2022 3:28 AM

That bitch probably stinks so bad that Hibiclens and steel wool wouldn't be enough to remove the odor.

I take hot showers year round. My hands look older due to constantly washing them as I have OCD and germophobia.

I also carry a pack of paper toilet seat covers in my bag if I ever have to use a public toilet. I always use them at home as well.

by Anonymousreply 67May 16, 2022 3:36 AM

Who the fuck besides Laura Ingalls Wilder has to warm up water?

by Anonymousreply 68May 16, 2022 3:43 AM

hot water fucks up your skin, dries it out

by Anonymousreply 69May 16, 2022 4:08 AM

[quote]The water is not technically "heating up." It's already heated and sitting in a tank. If the pipes are cold, the first couple of gallons of water that run through the pipes will come out cold (from your faucet / shower). How fast or slow this process is depends, in part, on the distance between your faucet and the tank. Exception: when I lived in Japan, I had some type of amazing hot water heating system in my apartment. IIRC, it was gas-based. Immediate hot water.

Thanks for the info. This could be why my condo never has hot water problems, the hot water, and general heating system, was switched to gas about 6 years ago. We also never have any problems with radiators not producing enough heat during the cold Winter months, thermostat valves were added to the radiators.

Some residents enjoy a cooler apartment, others like a lot of heat. We can now regulate the amount of heat we find comfortable. With the old system, it actually overheated the apartments because there was only a basic On & Off knob on the radiators.

by Anonymousreply 70May 16, 2022 4:11 AM

PTSD triggered. First graduate placement in a tight plate glass office staffed with mainly women. One very attractive girl, recently moved in with boyfriend, wafted around daily reeking and cooking, from apparently unwashed places, ever ripening fishy smells in the heat of the sun drenched confines of our workplace. The others bonded over water cooler chats about what to do, what to say and who should tell her she was a stinker. It never was addressed. At a night out she got drunk and disclosed to all that her boyfriend was so horny he couldnā€™t leave her alone, even pinning her down for a final quicky every morning as they were heading out the door for work. . . Leaving her to carry their funky juicy cocktail to work with her? Knowing looks all round. Left that place just in time. Before I started to sync my periods with theirs! Gawd

by Anonymousreply 71May 16, 2022 4:21 AM

I love showers. My achilles ruptured and I had surgery. Iā€™m in a cast and I still shower every day.

by Anonymousreply 72May 16, 2022 4:24 AM

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 73May 16, 2022 4:26 AM

I showered every morning when I was working full time. Now that I mainly work from home I shower every other day. My hair doesn't get greasy like when I was young but I feel gross if I don't shower at least every other day.

by Anonymousreply 74May 16, 2022 4:31 AM

There's two things to hate on this thread: the disgusting once a week shower lady and the fucking annoying "MY hot water is INSTANT! Why isn't YOURS?" Troll.

I've lived in several buildings where the hot water can take a bit to actually get hot including the building I live in now.

Weirdly, the kitchen hot water takes longer than the bathroom. I asked the maintenance people abou this and they just shrug but they're all MAGA types so...dumb.

by Anonymousreply 75May 16, 2022 4:42 AM

Wow, there are way too many idiots super triggered by the fact that my hot water is INSTANTLY hot. It's fucking hilarious, especially as I'm not trolling.

The people who are so annoyed appear to be the actual trolls.

by Anonymousreply 76May 16, 2022 4:46 AM

I think she's tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 77May 16, 2022 4:46 AM

Thanks a lot, lady.

by Anonymousreply 78May 16, 2022 4:56 AM

I love showering. I don't sweat a lot, but I like to shower before bed to keep the bed sheets cleaner between washings. Morning showers to wake up (or if it's warm in the house). If it's hot outside, then a quick rinse when I get inside. Only takes a few minutes, except for the before-bed one where I'm listening to podcasts.

by Anonymousreply 79May 16, 2022 4:57 AM

How do you listen to podcasts while showering?

by Anonymousreply 80May 16, 2022 5:04 AM

I love the non-shower lady. She is doing so much to help our planet!

by Anonymousreply 81May 16, 2022 7:35 AM

THIS is exactly why we need to ensure abortion rights.

by Anonymousreply 82May 16, 2022 7:53 AM

Sounds like depression to me.

by Anonymousreply 83May 16, 2022 8:06 AM

I went a week not showering recently. Not intentionally; I always save it for last before work, then run out of time.

My quick fix (under 5 min.): I work some foamy soap through my short hair. Let it sit while I brush my teeth/shave/wash face. Rinse with cups of water, then comb into place. Put some foamy soap on some paper towels and hit the pits, crotch and ass. Spray some cologne on the crotch and pits and go.

by Anonymousreply 84May 16, 2022 8:33 AM

Her pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 85May 16, 2022 8:58 AM

Skank.

by Anonymousreply 86May 16, 2022 9:13 AM

Iā€™ve been at home for over a year due to disability, and you *can* be okay at home with showers once a week and whoresā€™ baths - but Iā€™d never do that if I had to work around people all day; thatā€™s just inconsiderate! Iā€™m like a cat: I donā€™t like getting wet, but itā€™s part of the social contract not to stink up your workplace with your gross funk!

I also use natural deodorant, not because Iā€™m a hippie, but because I have anxiety and even heavy-duty ones didnā€™t work for me. It creates an environment where bacteria have a harder time thriving. The ingredients are: coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch, tea tree oil, and lavender oil, and as long as you keep clean, it works amazingly!

by Anonymousreply 87May 16, 2022 9:17 AM

R84 how the hell is that any quicker than an actual shower?? You stink

by Anonymousreply 88May 16, 2022 9:26 AM

R87 Those natural deodorants have always fascinated me. How do you apply it? Is it like a paste, or something you can spray/dab on?

by Anonymousreply 89May 16, 2022 10:49 AM

She doesn't have to wash her hair every time she showers. Put a shower cap on if that's your concern.

by Anonymousreply 90May 16, 2022 11:13 AM

[quote]My quick fix (under 5 min.): I work some foamy soap through my short hair. Let it sit while I brush my teeth/shave/wash face. Rinse with cups of water, then comb into place. Put some foamy soap on some paper towels and hit the pits, crotch and ass. Spray some cologne on the crotch and pits and go.

By the time you did all that, you could have taken a very quick shower! Some of you are fucking exhausting! Not to mention, ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 91May 16, 2022 11:14 AM

Who cares? I canā€™t believe people post the most uninteresting things and get attention. Why?

by Anonymousreply 92May 16, 2022 11:20 AM

Natural deodorants, are simply that, they only work as deodorants, they don't stop perspiration. I've tried a few, most are in stick deodorant form.

The Arm & Hammer Essentials smells great and works, as does the Schmidt's brand, which Costco carried for awhile, they were three for $12.99 at Costco and around $7.99 each at local chain drugstores. .

Then there's Lume, which you can supposedly use on any body part. This brand comes in both stick and cream forms. Lume claims to work for 72 hours.

by Anonymousreply 93May 16, 2022 11:26 AM

Any deodorant and/or antiperspirant that works and doesn't cause irritation must be discontinued immediately. That is my experience. I bought 10 sticks of the last one that worked.

by Anonymousreply 94May 16, 2022 11:34 AM

It depends on the person's weight and activity. If you work out daily, then shower daily. If you're overweight, shower daily.

If you're slim, don't work out daily and don't have a manual job, then every other day is usually enough - as long as you clean your armpits and genital area with a damp washcloth/wet wipes on your non-shower day.

Once a week is never acceptable, though.

by Anonymousreply 95May 16, 2022 11:40 AM

After day 4 I canā€™t take the icky feeling anymore and must shower and shave. Before Covid I showered every single day because I had to go into the office. Now I average every second day or so. Iā€™m a pig šŸ·

by Anonymousreply 96May 16, 2022 11:44 AM

There are different systems, one is a certain amount of water that is preheated (I have a small 5 litres one like that in the kitchen) and you set it to the temperature you like. Its absolutely sufficient for doing dishes or washing your hands. The second type are hearers that heat the water in your hot water pipe when you use it. Both can run on natural gas or on electricity. If you have one that is basically a heated container, the water gets cold after you took the amount that was preheated. Benefits of this solution are that it's independent and simple. The second type, the one that branches off your heating is more complicated and also a lot more expensive if you need repairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 16, 2022 11:51 AM

We havenā€™t showered since 1987.

by Anonymousreply 98May 16, 2022 11:58 AM

People take showers in the morning?

Isn't it better at night to wash away the dirt pollution of the outside before entering in the bed?

by Anonymousreply 99May 16, 2022 11:58 AM

The first reason is giving me spectrum vibes.

by Anonymousreply 100May 16, 2022 12:05 PM

[quote]Number three reason: I hating the feeling of wet hair. I canā€™t use a hair dryer and I hate the sound, I have sensory issues.

I agree with that part. I have long hair. I hate being completely soaking wet. But I only wash my hair once or twice a week (I work from home) and I just clip up my hair when I take a shower. I wash myself at least twice a day. Sometimes it's just from the waist down, but it's at least twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 101May 16, 2022 12:08 PM

[quote] If I don't shower for a day, I can't stand to be around myself.

Well, that's still true even when you do shower.

by Anonymousreply 102May 16, 2022 12:09 PM

Sometimes it takes a minute or two for the water to get hot. It's not instant....not here, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 103May 16, 2022 12:13 PM

I scrub myself thoroughly and I swear I am oily/greasy and smell within an hour afterward.

by Anonymousreply 104May 16, 2022 12:21 PM

James Corden only washes his hair 6 times a year. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 16, 2022 1:48 PM

[quote]Are you serious? I can go into my kitchen or bathroom right now, turn on my hot water and it's hot. I live in NYC, in a condo. Even when I lived in rentals, I never had any problems with hot water not being hot immediately.

[quote]Hot water doesn't need to "warm up". In what sort of shitty place does this woman live?

If you live in a house, with the boiler in the basement, it can take a couple minutes for hot water when you turn the tap or the shower on upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 106May 16, 2022 2:25 PM

[quote]I've NEVER lived in any place where I had I to run the hot water in my kitchen, bathtub or bathroom sink for a minute to get the hot water "hot enough". This sounds so bizarre, I cannot believe, especially in the US, this is any kind of normal behavior.

If you live in a house, any kind of house, in the Northern US it's common to have to wait a minute or two for the shower water to get hot. You don't seem to know much outside of your little bubble.

by Anonymousreply 107May 16, 2022 2:28 PM

Yeah who are these people who canā€™t believe it takes a few minutes for the hot water to travel from the basement to the second floor shower in a house?

by Anonymousreply 108May 16, 2022 2:33 PM

I always shower twicer daily, morning and night. I can't get into bed at night without a shower, I feel gross if I don't. In the morning I need a shower to wake up and I can't leave my house without one.

by Anonymousreply 109May 16, 2022 2:33 PM

[quote]If you live in a house, any kind of house, in the Northern US it's common to have to wait a minute or two for the shower water to get hot. You don't seem to know much outside of your little bubble.

OK, I understand that people who live in private houses can experience this, I was referencing not having this experience during years of living in apartment rentals and definitely not in my condo which is not a stand alone house (I realize some condos are basically houses). I sure don't live in a bubble.

Others have explained the different types of water heating systems, which also explains why my water is immediately hot when I turn on any tap in my apartment on the 20th floor.

The people insisting waiting for hot water to "warm up" are the ones in a bubble, they are assuming city dwellers have experiences like this, we don't.

by Anonymousreply 110May 16, 2022 3:15 PM

YOU are the exception. Most people have to wait for hot water to warm up.

by Anonymousreply 111May 16, 2022 3:18 PM

[quote] Weirdly, the kitchen hot water takes longer than the bathroom. I asked the maintenance people abou this and they just shrug but they're all MAGA types so...dumb.

I have the same thing in my house even though the heater is in the basement, the kitchen is on the first floor, and the bathroom is upstairs. I think the kitchen sink flow is restricted so it takes a long time to empty the standing water, but the bathroom sink is not exactly Niagara Falls, so who knows?

by Anonymousreply 112May 16, 2022 3:48 PM

[quote]YOU are the exception. Most people have to wait for hot water to warm up.

No, dear, YOU are the exception.

Every person I know who lives in an apartment, a condo apartment or a co-op, doesn't have to wait for their water to "warm up". Perhaps people who live in an apartment in a private house, they might have to, but all my friends and family who live in apartments don't wait for their hot water to "warm up".

by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2022 4:02 PM

I think some people purposely derail threads. It's a form of trolling.

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2022 4:07 PM

[quote]The people insisting waiting for hot water to "warm up" are the ones in a bubble, they are assuming city dwellers have experiences like this, we don't.

Any idiot with half a brain who has spent any time in the Northern US knows that most houses have the boiler/water heater in the basement and it takes a minute to get hot water. Even "city dwellers."

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2022 5:08 PM

The NY condo guy is the asshole NYer who gets very defensive about NYC. He's insecure and poorly adjusted. Many NYers are not like him, don't judge NYers just because of this one idiot.

by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2022 5:09 PM

I often shower šŸšæ at night because I sleep better when my pores are clean šŸ§¼- especially when combined with freshly laundered sheets and pillowcases.

by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote]I canā€™t use a hair dryer and I hate the sound, I have sensory issues.

The Misophonia types are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2022 7:51 PM

I'm inserting the theme song of the underwashed below.

I live in a small home with a tiny water heater...I think it's only 10 gallons. That's about 4-5 minutes with a flow restricted shower head. However, you can have a very pleasant and effective shower in that time. I shower daily, plus I'm saving water and electricity. Plus I don't offend my friends except through my awful garlic breath!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]I've NEVER lived in any place where I had I to run the hot water in my kitchen, bathtub or bathroom sink for a minute to get the hot water "hot enough". This sounds so bizarre

What's bizarre is your inability, after multiple posts, to comprehend that other people do not have this experience just because you do. Also bizarre is your need to argue with each and every poster about it in an effort to spam us with subpar trolling.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2022 9:54 PM

Is the "my water is always INSTANTLY hot" guy the same as the "I'm a proud New Yorker with a BALCONY" guy?

They both have the same insufferable, unpleasant, know-it-all tone.

by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2022 10:09 PM

Showering is very triggering for girls especially. Having to look at their disgusting nekkid bods and cunts. Yuck. It'd make most gay men puke just thinking of those flappy moist vaginaes.

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2022 10:11 PM

Yes and yes r121. Guys like him are embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2022 11:08 PM

Flithy bitch, was your ass every day, people act like animals.

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2022 11:40 PM

She needs a Silkwood shower at this point!

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote]I think it's only 10 gallons. That's about 4-5 minutes with a flow restricted shower head.

How would I wash my hair?

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2022 11:44 PM

TubGirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2022 11:44 PM

Her posted photos seem to illustrate and validate her once-weekly showering habit.

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2022 11:45 PM

"Time commitment?" A quick shower doesn't even take five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2022 11:50 PM

Bet sheā€™s singleā€¦

by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2022 11:57 PM

I finally succumbed to the relentless Lume adds and got the starter pack.

It does work, at least in the armpit area. But even the odorless deodorant has a smell of its own. It's taking some getting used to.

I've used the cream/lotion on my feet, and that worked also. Have not tried it on the privates yet. I really don't see how anything other than a daily scrub with soap and water is going to work down there.

by Anonymousreply 131May 17, 2022 12:06 AM

Gnarly

by Anonymousreply 132May 17, 2022 12:15 AM

I learned to shower every day when I teen, and pretty much continued that until perhaps the last few years. Now I shower every other day. I can't go two or more days, or I'll feel unclean.

by Anonymousreply 133May 17, 2022 12:18 AM

Well hopefully you filthy pigs at least brush your fucking teeth daily. If not you soon won't have too because your teeth will live in a glass of water at night.

by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2022 12:47 AM

If I don't shower daily, I feel like a greasy pile of garbage. It's gross. After three days I would be unfit to be around other people. Some of you are just filthy pigs.

by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2022 12:49 AM

*to

by Anonymousreply 136May 17, 2022 12:57 AM

When youā€™re young you can do pits and bits. Two armpits and the front & back bits. Use a peri bottle for the orifices.

When you get older you have to bathe more regularly because your immune system declines. Your skin has an immune system of its own. When you age, fungus can take hold pretty quickly and you donā€™t have the good bacteria on your skin to keep it in check. (Yeast is a fungus, btw. But itā€™s not the only fungus that likes your skin)

Imagine what poor people must have smelled like In cities years ago

by Anonymousreply 137May 17, 2022 1:12 AM

Imagine what poor people in Amerikkka smell like today! Egad.

by Anonymousreply 138May 17, 2022 1:20 AM

[quote]When youā€™re young you can do pits and bits.

No you can't. Young people stink just as bad. Have you ever been inside a gym?

by Anonymousreply 139May 17, 2022 1:45 AM

This girl is totally on the spectrum, more than 2 types of sensory issues.

by Anonymousreply 140May 17, 2022 2:41 AM

[quote]Any idiot with half a brain who has spent any time in the Northern US knows that most houses have the boiler/water heater in the basement and it takes a minute to get hot water. Even "city dwellers."

Why are you being so defensive about your water taking awhile to heat up? If someone who lives in an apartment building has hot water as soon as they turn on the tap, why is that so difficult to comprehend?!!!

By your logic, anyone who lives on the higher floors of an apartment building would always have to wait for hot water, especially as so many older apartment buildings, especially pre-war buildings, would have to wait for the water to become hot.

Most people who live in these types of buildings are aware the boilers are in the basement. None of these types of apartments have separate boilers in the apartment. Duh

by Anonymousreply 141May 17, 2022 2:58 AM

I, too, hate to shower and all that it entailsā€”itā€™s such a chore. But I do it anyway. It takes about 15 seconds to get my water hot and my bathroom is right above my water heater. My kitchen takes about 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2022 3:07 AM

Once I knew I girl who bathed and then she died.

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2022 3:13 AM

r141 no one said anything about apartment buildings, just houses. Stop being a prick.

by Anonymousreply 144May 17, 2022 3:16 AM

[quote][R141] no one said anything about apartment buildings, just houses. Stop being a prick.

The initial comments were by people who stated their water had to "warm up", those posters never mentioned they lived in houses. Not everyone in the US lives in a private house with a boiler in the basement. at the other side of their house Not to mention, especially in newer buildings, these building have more advanced heating systems. I don't live in a new building, however, the entire heating system, water and heat, was revamped.

You need to stop arguing with me. I am stating facts.

The only person who was not rude, argumentative and didn't attack my experience, was the poster who stated, when they lived in Japan, they had a water heater which was run by gas and their water was immediately hot. That's my experience: new gas run boilers in the basement of a tall building, which allows the hot water to immediately run hot.

Is this all that difficult for you and others here to comprehend? Appears so. Of course, I realize my experience is not the same as others, but it's true. Why keep arguing with me?

by Anonymousreply 145May 17, 2022 4:46 AM

[quote]The initial comments were by people who stated their water had to "warm up", those posters never mentioned they lived in houses.

Given they said they had to wait for the water to "warm up" one would just assume they live in a private house. Most houses in the Northern United States are like this.

by Anonymousreply 146May 17, 2022 4:55 AM

That has no been my experience. I would not be able to live without immediate hot water. I donā€™t know how you guys rough it out.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2022 4:59 AM

r147 waiting exactly one minute for hot water to come out of the faucet isn't really a big deal. Talk about First World Problems! This is just a fact of life if you live in a house in a colder climate and the water heater is in the basement. Trust me, no one thinks anything of it.

by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2022 5:01 AM

R145 They argue because you're a repulsive slimy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2022 6:16 AM

I always feel so good after taking my Saturday night shower. I'm fresh and clean for Sunday Mass, followed by Coffee & Donuts at the new Darfur Dunkin' ā˜•šŸ©

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2022 6:39 AM

ENOUGH ABOUT HOT WATER.

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2022 7:17 AM

This is the dumbest thread ever.

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2022 11:10 AM

She must be fun to be with during the summer months.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2022 11:49 AM

R153 Or as a seatmate on a 2 hour regional jet flight.

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2022 11:51 AM

So much exhausting effort to turn your hot water tap on and step in and out of the shower.

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2022 12:06 PM

OP is a lesbian. We've noticed that you don't bathe regularly. We've noticed since the 90's. Patchouli to cover it up isn't helping. Let me guess, you have hairy armpits too...

by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2022 12:10 PM

As for the proud subject of the OP's link:

When the fundament of stench is mostly unreachable by standard cleaning techniques, why bother with the rest, huh, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2022 12:14 PM

Nice pimples and greasy mane, stinkfish.

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2022 12:21 PM

[quote] Or as a seatmate on a 2 hour regional jet flight.

I can smell your cunt

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2022 12:37 PM

ā€˜Gross girlā€™ lives in middle of nowhere, doesnā€™t shower for weeks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2022 12:40 PM

This woman is definitely on the spectrum. My friendā€™s brother is and he hates showering too.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2022 1:11 PM

Only Gen Z would find standing under soothing warm water OVERWHELMING.

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2022 1:13 PM

[quote]'Gross girlā€™ lives in middle of nowhere, doesnā€™t shower for weeks.

This chick cannot be bothered to bathe, but she makes sure to use her phone's filter!

by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2022 1:25 PM

[italic] You Know You Stink . . . . . . .

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2022 1:37 PM

I'm not wasting products or water and NEITHER SHOULD YOU!

by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2022 1:47 PM

[quote] After three days I would be unfit to be around other people.

And before three days too it would seem.

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2022 10:58 PM

Brit, shower once daily (albeit quickly), under alternating hot/cold water, with nonenal soap. Never have any complaints.

However, I only wash my hair once a week or sometimes even less, because it is very long (almost ass length), coarse and wavy, and takes forever to dry. The night before I wash & condition, I massage a a few caps of ACV/nonenal into my scalp to dissolve the grease. My hair is soft, healthy and clean for many days after (though not as glossy or hydrated as Iā€™d like, Iā€™m working on it).

by Anonymousreply 167May 18, 2022 12:33 AM

The climate you live in also has some weight in this. Here in Florida, you can feel gross just hours after a shower. I'd imagine I'd not feel as heavy and greasy in a drier cooler climate.

by Anonymousreply 168May 18, 2022 12:49 AM

I just took a shower and it felt great

by Anonymousreply 169May 18, 2022 1:22 AM

Poor r166 is such a miserable soul

by Anonymousreply 170May 18, 2022 1:23 AM

[quote] Young people stink just as bad. Have you ever been inside a gym?

All my adult life. The gyms Iā€™ve gone to smell like chlorine or other disinfectant, since everyone uses disinfectant on the equipment after they use it.

What the fuck kind of gym do you go that stinks?

by Anonymousreply 171May 18, 2022 2:23 AM

r171 it's not the gym it's the people in the gym.

by Anonymousreply 172May 18, 2022 2:24 AM

Havenā€™t showered in months here in Barcelona! We are RIPE for the picking ladies! Actia! Thatā€™s what we need!

by Anonymousreply 173May 18, 2022 4:04 AM

To paraphrase Quentin Crisp on housekeeping: "never bother cleaning. After the fourth year, it doesn't get any worse."

by Anonymousreply 174May 18, 2022 4:59 AM

[quote] I'd imagine I'd not feel as heavy and greasy in a drier cooler climate.

Oh honey, no. Your feeling heavy and greasy has nothing to do with the climate or showering. Pizza Hut again tonight?

by Anonymousreply 175May 18, 2022 11:59 AM

Dewpoint matters.

by Anonymousreply 176May 18, 2022 12:03 PM

[quote] it's not the gym it's the people in the gym.

Same answer. Nobody at the gym stinks. I guess I just go to a better class gym.

by Anonymousreply 177May 18, 2022 12:05 PM

R137 Young people (teenagers) stinks, no matter how often they wash- they just stink, have you ever entered a bus full of them? It's like entering a stall

by Anonymousreply 178May 18, 2022 12:13 PM

R61, if your plumber said that then I think they were just trying to put you off because it's labor intensive to put in a recirculation pump.

What you might consider is a heat booster closer to the distant bath. It's like a little insta-hot water heater and runs until the hot water finally comes through from the regular heater.

by Anonymousreply 179May 18, 2022 12:35 PM

The instant hot water guy probably has a point of use water heater and doesnā€™t even know it.

by Anonymousreply 180May 18, 2022 12:57 PM

This sounds like something Greta Thunberg would be on board with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 18, 2022 1:13 PM

[quote]Same answer. Nobody at the gym stinks. I guess I just go to a better class gym.

You belong to a magical gym where not a single person has BO when they sweat. There are always a few, dear.

by Anonymousreply 182May 18, 2022 1:46 PM

r177 brings DL's class obsession to new ridiculous heights.

by Anonymousreply 183May 18, 2022 1:47 PM

How DARE you, R81?!?!?

by Anonymousreply 184May 18, 2022 3:46 PM

"My gym is CLASSIER than whatever gym you go to! Nobody at MY gym smells. Because we're HIGH CLASS."

by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2022 3:54 PM

Look, people didn't 'shower' or really even bathe for tens of thousands of years. If humans evolved that way, maybe it's not so good to constantly sterilize yourself?

by Anonymousreply 186May 18, 2022 4:33 PM

And what was the life expectancy thousands of years ago?

by Anonymousreply 187May 18, 2022 7:59 PM

R186 and R187 sound like an exchange between a bath-resistant Bubba and a responding Thelma on Mama's Family.

It's not a putdown, my friends. I fucking love Mama's Family.

by Anonymousreply 188May 18, 2022 8:41 PM

I saw a show where the woman used baby wipes and dry shampoo only because she had a phobia of water. I think you would be sticky and a breeding ground for bacteria.

by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2022 8:50 PM

R189 'a phobia of water'? Just being in it? Or did she never drink it either? What about when it rains?

by Anonymousreply 190May 18, 2022 9:01 PM

Nasty, smelly, and lazy.

by Anonymousreply 191May 18, 2022 9:04 PM

You need to wash your ass and genitals once a day or you'll stink. The rest will probably be okay for a week unless you have a problem with BO.

by Anonymousreply 192May 18, 2022 9:10 PM

Showering is a pleasure in life. Iā€™m a cheapie but love nice soap, shampoo and lotion.

These special people are too wrapped up in themselves to realize others around them have to smell their cruddy bodies and chunky hair.

by Anonymousreply 193May 19, 2022 1:01 AM

Stinky fish needs to wash at least ten times a day - minimum.

by Anonymousreply 194May 19, 2022 1:19 AM

1) Get a shower cap

2) Get a better hot water heater

3) Wash that dirty pussy

by Anonymousreply 195May 19, 2022 1:48 AM

Nasty ugly filthy dirty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 196May 19, 2022 1:59 AM

R14 and the other hot water people may have never heard of tankless water heaters. Yes, in a traditional system a boiler keeps a tank of water hot all the time ,and when you turn the tap on, the water flows. As others pointed out, there's a lot of factors (including distances from the tank to the faucet) that influence how hot the water comes out of the tap.

I have a newer install, it's tankless. It does my heat and hot water. As the name implies, there's no tank of water. It heats up on demand. There is a SLIGHT delay when I open a faucet. I shower at least once a day (a 2nd time if i go to the gym). I let the water run for 5 seconds and then I have all the hot water I could possibly need. As a single person this makes more sense than having a tank of water kept hot 24/7. My gas bill (for heat and hot water, including the washing machine) is <$60 / mo on a balanced billing plan (spread out over 12 months) and I live in New England.

by Anonymousreply 197May 19, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote]I saw a show where the woman used baby wipes and dry shampoo only because she had a phobia of water. I think you would be sticky and a breeding ground for bacteria.

A family member, the type I'd, thankfully, only see at weddings and funerals, had a water phobia. This man claimed "Water burns my skin." It seemed he had a mental illness, or rather, he became mentally ill. At a relative's wedding his sister told me, "He was never like this when he was younger. I cannot imagine water burning your skin. There are not that many chemicals in water, if it's the chemicals, he can easily install a filter in the shower head."

The supposed "water phobia", or in his case "water allergy", started when he was in his 60s. This man is dead now but when his affliction started he had been married for years with adult children. His wife wasn't the type to tolerate a smelly husband. I guess she started sleeping in another bedroom in their home.

by Anonymousreply 198May 19, 2022 3:31 AM

I'll never understand why some people are so averse to a quick daily shower. It doesn't even take five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 199May 19, 2022 3:34 AM

[quote]You belong to a magical gym where not a single person has BO when they sweat. There are always a few, dear.

Not at my gym, dear.

by Anonymousreply 200May 19, 2022 6:09 AM

[quote]You need to wash your ass and genitals once a day or you'll stink.

So completely untrue. Do you shit all over yourself or something?

by Anonymousreply 201May 19, 2022 6:10 AM

A magical gym where not a single person's armpits stank! Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 202May 19, 2022 6:16 AM

At the prices I pay, if someone stinks I would have them ejected immediately.

by Anonymousreply 203May 19, 2022 6:19 AM

r203 if you sashayed up to the reception desk at a gym and screeched that a person smelled of BO they'd think you were a freak and tell you to get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 204May 19, 2022 6:33 AM

Iā€™ve showered daily since I was a kid, & think in the last 25 yrs have only skipped my daily shower or bath on two occasions, both times surgery. The more severe surgery was on a Thurs & I couldnā€™t shower until Sunday, I felt awful in between, itchy, oily, & super dirty, even though I was just resting/recuperating.

by Anonymousreply 205May 19, 2022 6:45 AM

[quote]I'll never understand why some people are so averse to a quick daily shower. It doesn't even take five minutes.

Then there's the hour it takes to dry off, deal with my hair, get dressed. I can't leave the house until I'm dry, dry, dry.

by Anonymousreply 206May 19, 2022 8:08 AM

OP, the guys must be all over you. As granny used to say: men are like dogs, the heavier you smell, the more they are after you.

by Anonymousreply 207May 19, 2022 8:52 AM

I bathe once a year, whether I need it not.

by Anonymousreply 208May 19, 2022 11:25 AM

If you're sedentary. Then you only need to bathe really 2 or 3 times a week. But if you're like who commutes to work on bike. I need to shower every day. I wish all workplaces had employee showers. Once cities and suburbs become more bikable. I can see that becoming more of a thing.

by Anonymousreply 209May 19, 2022 11:29 AM

What ISNā€™T ā€œoverwhelmingā€ for this generation?!

by Anonymousreply 210May 19, 2022 11:32 AM

*you're like me

by Anonymousreply 211May 19, 2022 11:33 AM

Ok people you asked for it, the Ebola Gay: James Cordenā€™s crundle

by Anonymousreply 212May 19, 2022 11:42 AM

OP, did you renounce the sexual life?

by Anonymousreply 213May 19, 2022 11:56 AM

Me ducho todos los dias.

by Anonymousreply 214May 19, 2022 4:33 PM

[quote]A magical gym where not a single person's armpits stank! Amazing!

Life in plastic, is fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 215May 19, 2022 6:57 PM

šŸ› I'm older than dirt, was born in the 1950's, and even as I kid, we took baths EVERY night in the giant claw-foot bathtub with Mr. Bubble powdered bubble bath in the pink cardboard box.

by Anonymousreply 216May 19, 2022 8:37 PM

OP, so, lot of smegma there?

by Anonymousreply 217May 19, 2022 8:46 PM

Imagine all the dead skin particles she's constantly shedding, all the oily sebum from her hair follicles and greasy skin, and all the dust mites that are feeding on the dead skin and sebum....

She's a walking PIG PEN

by Anonymousreply 218May 19, 2022 8:59 PM

You don't need to imagine, she looks gross in the OP pic.

by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2022 9:08 PM

Why would anyone go to a gym that stinks and has stinky people in it? Weā€™re a first world country. We have towels, deodorant, sanitizersā€¦thereā€™s no reason to stink in a gym.

by Anonymousreply 220May 19, 2022 9:22 PM

[quote] Then there's the hour it takes to dry off, deal with my hair, get dressed. I can't leave the house until I'm dry, dry, dry.

When youā€™re old you have to moisturize after you dry off or youā€™ll get coin-sized skin plaques peeling off your ankles.

by Anonymousreply 221May 19, 2022 9:24 PM

R220 eats her own feces because her poopoo don't stink.

by Anonymousreply 222May 19, 2022 9:42 PM

A bath is actually a lot easier for spazzy water phobic types. Easier to get the soap off, no scary water coming down on your head,

by Anonymousreply 223May 20, 2022 1:04 AM

[quote]So completely untrue. Do you shit all over yourself or something?

Are you serious? It also depends on what you eat, people who eat spicy foods or a lot of garlic tend to reek. Food and spice odors seep out of their bodies.

The there are the slobs who wear smelly dirty clothing, they don't wash their clothes very often. ugh

by Anonymousreply 224May 20, 2022 3:53 AM

R224 This is so true. Not to be prejudiced but I've had Chinese and Indian classmates in high school and roommates in college and they did smell of garlic and curry.

Even though I smoke pot from time to time. I'm not a huge pothead, I have friends who reek of pot all the time and they smell of skunk. The smell does linger in clothing and hair. I knew a few alcoholics and I can't stand the smell they have because they usually have poor hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 225May 20, 2022 11:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!