Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are there any straight men into astrology, crystals, etc.?

Do you know any straight men who are deeply interested in astrology, crystals for healing, echinacea, past lives and all that kind of shit? I know a guy who is really into that stuff and, well, I'm beginning to wonder if he's family.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2023 6:05 PM

Straight men aren't usually bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2022 12:27 AM

Yes, there are str8 guys into all that..

it goes without saying.

Though most that take charge of the grift act fru-fru because it's what women expect. It's either that or you're visibly exotic ethnic.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2022 12:29 AM

People will believe anything. It has nothing to do with their sexuality, necessarily. You might be seeing what you want to see, not what's really there.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2022 12:30 AM

Rich Lopp's tarot channel is a haven for Frauen & Brauen. Not a gay to be found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2022 12:32 AM

Bob Dylan was supposedly heavily into ghosts, tarot, astrology, etc. before trading them for equally woo woo Christianity. I suspect he continues to blend them all together, given the lyrics for "Changing of the Guards."

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2022 12:39 AM

Wait... how did echinacea sneak in there, OP?

It's an herbal remedy people take for colds. Nothing to do with astrology.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2022 12:41 AM

I worked in Salem for 10 years.

Psychics, tarot card readers, fortune tellers, crystal healing people were typically women or gay men.

Magicians, people who said they were vampires, ghost hunters were typically straight men.

If there are straight guys into it, they usually identify as hippies or are “crunchy granola”. Probably come from Boomer parents who were flower children of the 60’s or into Buddhism in the 80’s.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2022 12:53 AM

My dad is very straight & is into crystals & all things New Age, so, yes there are lots.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2022 12:57 AM

Dammit, I was so hoping he might be gay....

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2022 12:59 AM

Op / r9, He still might be gay. I don't think you've thought this all the way through.

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2022 1:33 AM

r7 eastern european types, heavy on the accent sucker people in too.. as most have no idea what roma sound like, so they tend to imagine something Translyvanian'ish ... Caribbean & New Orleans is popular too... Stereotypically Indigenous looking people are always popular -- that's where they expect stoicism.

But then in ethnic communities get the various Organized Religion / Mystic blends. . . all have their own flavored hooks. But it's a hard gig to craft because there's a heavy amount of lore to know, and the customers are typically knowledgeable.

same goes to the pseudo-science crowds.. they get a lot of fly by night curiousity seekers but most of their retur customers know what they're looking for... so you gotta study the pseudo science or buy/pirate a few commercial apps.

The new age grift is the most popular as it can be the most versatile... take bits and pieces from everything, customize it to the local community. They're on par with life coaches.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2022 2:24 AM

OP, this one has an entire YouTube channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2022 2:27 AM

I am, OP. That's why I bought this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2022 2:38 AM

Wow, this is actually really pretty, R13!

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2022 2:47 AM

What a silly question!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2022 2:59 AM

R15 wow, that photo has been photoshopped to death!

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2022 3:01 AM

No one has responded to r6's question: how did Echinacea get onto this list? I had forgotten all about it, but I used to take Echinacea occasionally in the 1980s-90s when I had a cold. No occult beliefs of any kind were involved.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2022 3:09 AM

Well, this guy swears by echinacea and I thought it was some homeopathic bullshit, so I included it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2022 3:14 AM

That's fine, OP, I was just curious. Echninacea never really worked for me anyway

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2022 3:38 AM

[quote]echinacea and I thought it was some homeopathic bullshit

Echinacea is an herb with some research behind its use, not a homeopathic "essence." Your confusion is understandable, though, as herbal remedy users also often buy homeopathic pellets.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2022 3:42 AM

Okay, thanks for the explanation, I really didn't know anything about echinacea.

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2022 3:43 AM

I use it internally with goldenseal for my psoriasis and cold sores.

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2022 11:29 PM

Straight guys who are into this esoteric shit usually sport small dong or even micro peen.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2022 11:37 PM

Nah, my guy has sn excellent VPL

by Anonymousreply 24May 16, 2022 12:18 AM

My straight friend from India was really into this stuff. I took him to Sedona and he wanted to stop at several crystal shops, which was really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 25May 16, 2022 12:23 AM

r22 Echinacea and Goldenseal were very popular in Portland (Oregon) in the early 90s. I took both from time to time, but never really noticed any effect.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote] But then in ethnic communities get the various Organized Religion / Mystic blends. . . all have their own flavored hooks. But it's a hard gig to craft because there's a heavy amount of lore to know, and the customers are typically knowledgeable.

That is one reason I would classify poor white Southerners, as an ethnic community/minority rather than being just a part of "white culture." Culturally they have more in common with other "ethnic" groups than they do with "white culture." And, like many ethnic groups you find a lot of religion/mystic blending going on in their community.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2022 10:26 PM

In my experience they’re using douches using spirituality to pick up chicks. They’re insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2022 10:32 PM

[quote]Echinacea and Goldenseal were very popular in Portland (Oregon) in the early 90s. I took both from time to time, but never really noticed any effect.

I use them for psoriasis and cold sores and they have helped noticeably, but everyone else's mileage may vary.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2022 11:12 PM

Do crystals work!?

by Anonymousreply 30August 14, 2022 9:19 AM

How is belief in astrology any different than religious beliefs?

by Anonymousreply 31August 14, 2022 9:31 AM

so many people believe in this junk

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2023 6:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!