Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recent Politico Article Clears Up Some DL Questions about Madison Cawthorn’s Penis

“I miss my life,” he said. “I miss being able to defend myself … being able to dress myself … being able to use the bathroom without someone helping me … I miss not peeing the bed because I have no control over my penis … not having to have pills keep me alive … being able to compete … being checked out by girls … I miss my pride as a man … the pride my father swelled with when he spoke my name … I miss,” he said, “not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 18, 2022 11:53 PM

What a whiny little bitch he is.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2022 6:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2022 6:06 PM

I mean, I'm glad he's miserable, but otherwise none of this information concerns me in the least.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2022 6:08 PM

[quote]”not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.”

Can we help?

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2022 6:09 PM

Maybe you could try to be a better person instead of whining about what you "miss". You could start by thanking the guy who saved your pathetic life instead of accusing him of abandoning you. You know, behaving like the "Christian" you claim to be

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2022 6:15 PM

He's still against universal healthcare though.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2022 6:18 PM

He can pass urine, but he can't cum, right?

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2022 6:19 PM

Reading that article, I feel more sympathetic for him. He ran for Congress, when he did, because that was the only goal he had left that he could still accomplish, he couldn't be a football player nor a Marine. Also, he clearly had problems before entering politics, but I think it is clear that MAGA and just the general DC culture has had a majorly detrimental effect on him. I can also understand his relationship with his cousin Stephen more.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2022 6:19 PM

Hey Madison, can you hold my gun for a minute, hun?

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2022 6:20 PM

He’s a vile human being, but anyone who is claiming he wouldn’t be filled with self pity in a similar situation is being absurd.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2022 6:21 PM

He needs his diaper changed.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2022 6:21 PM

@r10, Maybe I would be filled with self-pity, but I sure as hell wouldn't get on social media to make sure the world knew it and felt sorry for me

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2022 6:23 PM

Were those statements on social media?

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2022 6:25 PM

The timing of this article is suspect just as his political life is crashing in on him 😏

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2022 6:25 PM

R13 No. They were in text messages to the guy who caused the wreck and in a deposition when he sued him.

But, he is the youngest member of the House. He is of the generation where if you have something like this happen to you, you start documenting everything on instagram or tik toc.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2022 6:28 PM

I can clearly see suicide in his future. Godspeed!

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2022 6:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2022 6:32 PM

" I miss,” he said, “not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.” "

Don't let us hold you back.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2022 6:36 PM

These are not the words of a United States leader.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2022 6:42 PM

Ploy for sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2022 6:43 PM

*words

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2022 6:43 PM

Exactly, and his ploy for millions. I would normally have great empathy for any disabled person or victim of sad fate. But he is so repugnant he can wheel himself off a cliff for all I care. Nasty, lying, sniveling man child Nazi. Keep those guns handy Maddie, for a drunk, coked up lonely night where you can't get it up for a willing starstruck MAGA whore and spiral into depression.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2022 6:47 PM

This bitch is a known liar--lied about his accident, lied about getting into the Naval Academy, lied about his wife, etc. Why would anyone be naive enough to think he's sincere about this???????

His political career is crashing and burning and this is damage control. He has done nothing to earn your sympathy. Don't fall for it, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2022 6:48 PM

[quote]"I miss,” he said, “not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.”

Everyone needs to take a day off now and then, Madison!

I'm sure in his shoes I'd be full of self pity for a while, and regret a lot of the things I could no longer do. But I had a gold standard role model to learn from—my dad was paralyzed and in a wheelchair for most of my life, and maintained a cheerful attitude while adjusting to his circumstances. Any physical challenges can be coped with if you stay positive and are blessed with a sound mind.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2022 6:50 PM

I wish people with stop conflating him with Hitler.

He's more like Himmler: a little weasel of a man, a pitiful excuse for a human being, unable to deal with a world that's of his own making. Can a cyanide capsule be in his future as well?

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2022 6:50 PM

I would feel bad for him it he werent such a cunt. You'd think that going through something like that would reach him some empathy.

It clearly didn't.

And I blocked r2. If had it up to my eyeballs with these cretins bringing trans stuff into every fucking thread.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2022 6:53 PM

[quote] I have no control over my penis

Now [bold] that [/bold] should be on his official T-shirt.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2022 7:08 PM

so that means he can't get hard?!

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2022 7:08 PM

Do keep up hun.. The shriveled dick is as useless as his brain.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2022 7:10 PM

I have a paraplegic pal (straight) who uses injectables, sometimes a cock ring, also boner pills. More often, he hires a crip-friendly sex worker.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2022 7:11 PM

Politico needs an ass whooping for feeding us this drivel and ignoring the reality. Is this the part where we are supposed to feel sorry for the fact that he's about to lose his job after he has behaved like a total ass?

Imagine if Cawthorn was a man of color or a woman. Does anyone think he would have been literally handed all these opportunities at an early age with no qualifications? He pissed on all the opportunities! He was not a decent human being and instead of representing our government (which was his JOB), he sought to overthrow it!

My advice to him. "Quit your whining. You were in over your head."

Everyone is not meant to be in government. It is time for Maddie to find something else to do. Good fucking riddance to bad rubbish!

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2022 7:12 PM

That article lays it all out there about him (good and bad) but it's clearly a damage control piece. I wonder what he'd be like if he was just 5-10 years older. It's amazing how you much better your impulse control is when you're in your mid-30s.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2022 7:13 PM

Fortunately for him he owns several guns

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2022 7:22 PM

“I didn’t feel like a man,” he once said. “I felt very weak, and I felt very feeble,” he explained. “If somebody attacked me at the time, if somebody attacked my family, literally they would be in more danger if I was there than if I wasn’t.” He described that as “the most emasculating thing.”

He is unhinged. All about being masculine and being a man. Blah, blah, blah, this guy is a and always was a nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2022 7:22 PM

So sorry to see something like that happen to such a young person. Hopefully, modern medicine will come up with a way to connect the nerves back and restore his health.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2022 7:25 PM

Hell has frozen over and pigs are flying: I agree with Sean Hannity!

[quote] “I never like to celebrate people’s decline or misery, and I don’t like to pile on — I don’t know what he’s going through — but … something is going on here, and it sounds to me like he needs some type of intervention or help.”

I have said this in other Cawthorn threads, he is in deep physical pain and he is in deep mental pain and he's on the manic end of a manic-depressive run, trying to keep himself busy as much as possible so he doesn't have to ever think about permanently being in a wheelchair and all that means.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2022 7:26 PM

R35 he doesn't believe is science or medicine.

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2022 7:26 PM

he may get hard but there is no way he can feel.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2022 7:28 PM

Is he still showing no restraint on Twitter or did someone finally get him to stop protesting so much like he's searching for the truth?

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote] I miss my pride as a man … the pride my father swelled with when he spoke my name

I wonder if this is his perception of what his father feels or his father has made it clear, if not stated it explicitly. Either way, it helps explain why he's such a try-hard MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2022 7:32 PM

Thoughts and prayers. Or not.

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2022 7:33 PM

I'm surprised he knows the word Feeble.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2022 7:34 PM

Boo fucking Hoo!

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2022 7:35 PM

[quote] I miss,” he said, “not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.”

He should do the world a favor and pull the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2022 7:38 PM

Considering how the deck is obviously stacked against him, I'd be sympathetic if he had an ounce of humility in him. He doesn't, so I don't.

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2022 7:40 PM

At at least we know why he spilled on the orgies, he's likely high as hell every day of the week. I do feel for the physical pain he is constantly in, but he's just doubled down on his hatefulness so my sympathy well is rather show.

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2022 7:42 PM

A Congressman who uses the word tallywhacker.

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2022 7:44 PM

He obviously spoke those words when it was his "time of the month." If he has such negative feelings why did he run for political office which entails being in the public spotlight (which apparently he adores judging from his antics.).

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2022 7:47 PM

R48 Because he's a grifter that is looking for power and wealth and given his physical condition he saw this MAGA politician shtick as his best path forward.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2022 7:49 PM

If he's expecting sympathy, he's going to be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2022 7:49 PM

[quote]A Congressman who uses the word tallywhacker.

There's some loser Harry and Meghan troll that constantly uses the word codswallop

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2022 7:51 PM

meeting with rump a couple weeks ago...

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2022 7:51 PM

[quote]Considering how the deck is obviously stacked against him...

You mean like the way Mark Meadows treated him like a favorite son? You do know Meadows basically paved the road that lead to his winning Meadow's old seat in Congress, right?

Like the way he has been given special dispensation for everything from suing his best friend over the car accident that maimed him, to lying about getting in the Navy, lying about competing in the special olympics, lying about his employment history (which includes some fantastical lies about his compensation as an "investor"), lying about his marriage... the lies go on and on. He even lies about his name: it isn't Madison, it's David (and yes, I know Madison is his middle name, but it's just another lie).

He lied about the election results and went on stage to issue a command to storm the Capitol, for Christ's sake! He's a fucking insurrectionist and should face the consequences of it, period.

The deck isn't stacked against Maddie; he stacked the deck all on his own. It might be his one real accomplishment in life, and we can only hope it's his *only* accomplishment, well, other than pulling the trigger.

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2022 8:54 PM

I wish him well!

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2022 9:05 PM

If he wasn't handicapped, he STILL couldn't be a FOOTBALL PLAYER, or a MARINE or a LAWYER or a SCIENTIST or a BUSINESSMAN or a HOT LOVER because he's a BIG ZERO as a man. He couldn't even get a college degree. Even at a SHIT for profit christian school. HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO HE IS A ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO LOSER LOSER TRASH SCAMMING TWAT

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2022 9:43 PM

he's followig rump's orders. this was all planned. if you can't figure that out, you are stoopid.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2022 9:46 PM

^ Him self-destructing was all planned? Interesting🤔

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote]I have no control over my penis

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2022 9:54 PM

saving him. rump would rather have young, stupid kids to control if he is in office are not.

you must be stoopid, r57.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2022 9:55 PM

I WOULD let Madison go down on me. But since we aren't cousins I know it will never happen......heh

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2022 10:01 PM

@r59, you still don't make any sense, but I guess everyone is "stoopid" besides you 😏

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote] the pride my father swelled with when he spoke my name

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2022 10:25 PM

Are we sure Maddyson's papa didn't diddle him, pre-accident? Maybe papa liked to keep it in the family, too!

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2022 10:36 PM

Most people are redeemable. Hopefully down the road Madison will gain some peace and insight and reform himself. Unlike Aaron Schock he might not be a cheap whore but can come out and settle down in a marriage with Cousin Stephen.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote] I have no control over my penis

Apparently the Danes made him into an animated childrens’ hero:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2022 10:40 PM

[quote] You do know Meadows basically paved the road that lead to his winning Meadow's old seat in Congress, right?

I do not know that R53 because it is not true.

Cawthorn in fact defeated Meadows' handpicked candidate in the GOP primary, much to Meadows' dismay. As per the article at OP, Cawthorn actually spoke out against Trump while campaigning and then very quickly changed his tune.

[quote] Bennett had received the president’s backing on Twitter [bold]and the earlier endorsement of Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who until recently had held the seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2022 10:53 PM

^^Bennett, the woman MC defeated, is BFF's with Meadows' wife. She had endorsements from Trump and Cruz and thought she'd have a cakewalk as a result of having that trio behind her and all but ignored our young parapalegic

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2022 10:55 PM

He is hot it’s too bad he’s such a douche

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2022 10:56 PM

Would he have been elected if he wasn't crippled? I bet a lot of the Deplorables thought he was a veteran, because they don't read.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2022 11:11 PM

Not falling for this last minute plot for sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2022 11:12 PM

*ploy

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2022 11:12 PM

I'd like to see if I could bring Maddy's man dick back to life!

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2022 11:14 PM

The article is actually well researched and well written. And while it may invoke a tiny bit of sympathy by some for the struggle he's endured, it in no way excuses his behaviors. It simply lays out his story and how most everyone feels his election was a huge mistake for a troubled, damaged, douchebag of a kid that was never even close to being ready for primetime.

by Anonymousreply 73May 13, 2022 11:22 PM

He’s just pathetic. He wants to be the AOC of the right but she’s so much smarter and more eloquent.

What policy ideas has come up with? nada

Just a showboat

by Anonymousreply 74May 13, 2022 11:26 PM

Dear North Carolina,

Is this the best you could do?

Q. How many commandments does a white male have to break before he is an unacceptable US congressgimp? A. It depends on how much he hates nwords.

by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2022 11:31 PM

cousin was seen crying in the halls of congress.

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2022 11:34 PM

r74 "He’s just pathetic. He wants to be the AOC of the right but she’s so much smarter and more eloquent."

Ha! She's fucking dumber than JFK at 1:00 pm Dallas time. And she's still smarter than you.

by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2022 11:35 PM

I'd fuck him so hard he'd feel it!

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2022 11:39 PM

R69 They didn't need to think he was a veteran. He was the innocent party in the accident, the voters would've automatically felt sympathy for him and think that it is admirable that he wasn't letting his disability hold him back.

R66 It makes sense that he would change his tune on Trump. Trump's inviting him to speak as part of the 2020 RNC, is what made Maddie a star.

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Cry more, Mads.

by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2022 12:02 AM

He's a damaged (mentally and physically) 26 year old kid.

People much older and allegedly wiser than him-- Hawley, Cruz McCarthy, Vance, Oz-- have thrown their lot in with Trump for political gain.

My fear--and I've said this on other threads--is that when he loses he just crashes and burns, that all the manic energy of being in Congress that has allowed him to not come to terms with being a para will end and everything will come crashing down on him hard.

I don't think he's evil the way Gaetz, MTG, Gym Jordan and others are evil. I think he's just incredibly naive and trying hard not to deal with reality.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2022 12:07 AM

R81 Yes, and as I have pointed out in other threads he ran saying he supported gay marriage and with the Log Cabin endorsement, the only member of the NC congressional delegation they endorsed. He is damaged and immature but I wouldn't say evil.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2022 12:11 AM

I'm too lazy to look up why he's crippled. can one of you bitches explain?

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2022 12:17 AM

For a place with so many churches, they sure seem wicked.

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2022 12:24 AM

In Florida says...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2022 12:27 AM

Sometimes Buzzfeed is with us.

Sometimes they aren't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2022 12:30 AM

R83 In high school he and a classmate went to Florida for Spring Break. When his friend was driving and Maddie was asleep, the friend lost control and wrecked.

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2022 12:31 AM

I didn't have any questions about this person's penis.

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2022 12:32 AM

R20 Madison should meet Heather!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2022 12:38 AM

[quote] He's a damaged (mentally and physically) 26 year old kid.

He’s had to endure an extreme amount of bullying about his disability since running for office.

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2022 12:39 AM

[quote]"I miss,” he said, “not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.”

That's big talk, son.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2022 12:41 AM

Holy Fucking Shit! Clay Aiken hit the wall HARD!

Was American idol THAT long ago?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2022 12:46 AM

^ Clay Aiken at r86

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2022 12:47 AM

He looks like a plastic Clay Aiken doll now instead of a real human.

by Anonymousreply 94May 14, 2022 12:47 AM

:DO IT MISS MADISON ...DO IT! PULL THE TRIGGER.

by Anonymousreply 95May 14, 2022 1:08 AM

I guess he’s never heard of the Paralympics, despite his passion for competing. If your father doesn’t swell with pride at your name as a US Congressman, one of the most elite privileges on the planet, then the problem is you. Maybe your Dad sees you for the lying, hateful, divisive partisan fraud you are.

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2022 1:21 AM

And that’s Clay Aiken in 2018!

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2022 1:34 AM

I'm sure his father really did swell with pride whenever he said his name, but he left out how it rapidly deflated every time he was asked, "why did you name him after a mermaid?".

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2022 1:37 AM

Ha R98! I had to google that-- kept thinking "WTF is R98 talking about, his name isn't Ariel??"

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2022 1:44 AM

I hate his guts…but that Politico article made me have a smidge of empathy for him. It sucks that he was paralyzed…but he’s still a Nazi asshole.

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2022 2:07 AM

I feel empathy for him . He is a vulnerable guy

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2022 2:10 AM

Being in a wheelchair doesn't make him less of an ignorant, insurrectionist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2022 2:11 AM

I know a handsome, smart guy in his early 30's in the same situation and it just breaks my heart. Call Madison whatever you like and I know DL likes to impose very harsh justice, but a kid being wheelchair bound is just proof that the world is not fair. MC is still young and hopefully there will be stem cells and improvement in science so that he might be able to be mobile again.

Side note - I just saw a film called The Advent Calendar that deals with this topic. Would you kill or let everyone you loved be killed if you could have your mobility back? Once you got it back (your mobility), if you could keep your legs but everyone stay dead or you could go back to the chair and the deaths would be erased, they'd come back to life, which would you ultimately choose?

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2022 3:00 AM

" I miss,” he said, “not having to convince myself every day not to pull the trigger and end it all.” "

Weak

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2022 3:09 AM

Do you think he can do a reboot of Mac and Me, but call it Mad and Steve?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2022 3:59 AM

Oh, boo hoo r90.

He cheered on the overthrowing of our democracy and would gladly rip our rights away.

I hope he rolls right off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2022 4:01 AM

him be like "y'all should be allowed to marry"

we be like "but you went to Kehlsteinhaus"

him be like "they market it; we're not allowed to go?"

we be like "something something democrat"

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2022 4:03 AM

I think some people here feel sorry for him because he’s handsome.

by Anonymousreply 108May 14, 2022 4:29 AM

r103 getting a second chance at life, even from a chair is a damn gift. Hundreds of thousands were spent to keep that asshole alive. As a member of congress he's worked hard to deny other those medical benefits and likes to just attack people instead of helping people.

by Anonymousreply 109May 14, 2022 4:30 AM

@r108, Of course, if he were fat and ugly no one would care about him, but that's how he got elected. Good-looking young man forever bound to a wheel chair... Vote for me

by Anonymousreply 110May 14, 2022 4:33 AM

I could have von thez VAR!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 14, 2022 4:36 AM

That article is a good summary of everything that is going on around him, past and present.

by Anonymousreply 112May 14, 2022 4:44 AM

I'm not religious, but between Greg Abbott and this guy, I would say God is doing his best to correct two big mistakes

by Anonymousreply 113May 14, 2022 4:48 AM

I've never bought the accusations of sick puppetry here until I saw the 32 WW votes (in 1 hour!) for the nonsense at r107.

by Anonymousreply 114May 14, 2022 5:30 AM

Peeing the bed?....No thank you...Not my thing. That's not to say I wouldn't let him go down on me. LoL

by Anonymousreply 115May 14, 2022 5:41 AM

Madison probably uses a Condom Catheter. Those things are the worst. They are messy and generally didn't stay on...We used to use them in Nursing Homes. VIDEO = I am surprised at how they haven't come up with something better after all these years...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 14, 2022 5:49 AM

I think he started out with good intentions and idealism . He obviously has personal issues and his accident was catastrophic. The article states he is in chronic pain as well. I believe he got swept up by the Trump tornado .

by Anonymousreply 117May 14, 2022 5:52 AM

R116 - Reminds me of this song Catherine O’Hara composed for A Mighty Wind:

Piston or bulb syringe,

won’t make your patients cringe.

Don’t leave them cold and damp;

try our buttocks tape and penis clamp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 14, 2022 6:44 AM

Only some questions. The article didn't say if he's cut or uncut.

by Anonymousreply 119May 14, 2022 6:45 AM

BULLSHIT R90. He is only in Congress because of the at wheelchair. And is joyously making with it. You wanna talk about bullying? Talk to any 10 year old gay boy in a red state.

by Anonymousreply 120May 14, 2022 8:15 AM

Making $*

by Anonymousreply 121May 14, 2022 8:15 AM

If he gets kicked out of politics he is going to lose it. I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't such an awful person. What kind of man looks to tRump as a father figure?

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2022 8:17 AM

He has insecurities about his manhood and how he is perceived in the world.

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2022 8:22 AM

Has it ever been revealed how much money Madison got from the car crash? Now he has FREE LIFETIME HEALTHCARE thanks to Taxpayers and Free Lifetime Peleton Membership (no joke)...TAXPAYERS MONEY WASTED AGAIN!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2022 8:40 AM

@r122, "What kind of man looks to tRump as a father figure? "

Apparently a lot of very messed up people, hence the *cult* of MAGA, but with Cawthorn I've got to ask, where are his own parents in all of this? In my early 20s my parents still had a lot of influence over my decision making and often still pulled me back from the brink of stupid. Are his parents Kool-aid drinkers as well? Can't they see this kid is making some terrible life choices?

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2022 8:59 AM

[quote]If your father doesn’t swell with pride at your name as a US Congressman, one of the most elite privileges on the planet, then the problem is you. Maybe your Dad sees you for the lying, hateful, divisive partisan fraud you are.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the dad withholding his affection and pride for his own son because he's in a wheelchair now is probably a pretty big reason why Cawthorn is such a piece of shit. He learned how to be an adult from his dad, at least in part, and his behavior before and after the accident reflects that. If dad was proud of him when he was a piece of shit teenager with working legs, but not proud of him now that he's a piece of shit young adult in a wheelchair, then fuck him. Don't pretend like he's a secret hero, because he's part of the reason we're having to deal with his piece of shit son.

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2022 9:43 AM

I get the sense his parents are just as freaked out about his condition as he is R125 and don't know how to properly deal with it--their golden boy son in a wheelchair the rest of his life.

They do seem like they tried too--they built /redesigned an entire house, as per the article at OP, to accommodate his wheelchair

They were probably thrilled when he ran for Congress and won--gives him some purpose and as noted, he was not uber-MAGA, supported gay rights and spoke up against Trump;

But then things spiraled and they have no more control because he is raking in money left and right from Trumpists and he's a US Congressman and so with his own sizable income, they have no more control.

We have no idea what their current relationship is, if they try and talk him back to earth, if they talk to him at all.

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2022 9:46 AM

Reading through this thread I am reminded on what angry bitter unhappy people so many older gay men are, why there are so many threads about grudges DLers have held for 40 or 50 years, how they focus on getting "revenge" for some minor slight and why they are so unwilling to forgive anyone.

by Anonymousreply 128May 14, 2022 9:48 AM

The Republicans are really making me feel sorry for this asshole. Damn, another reason to hate Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 129May 14, 2022 9:53 AM

@r127, That sounds to be the closest thing to what is probably the reality of the situation. You can't tell most young men much of anything, but when they seem to be succeeding at being an asshole it's impossible

by Anonymousreply 130May 14, 2022 10:01 AM

Right after the election he went on CNN for some strange reason and got owned by Pamela whatever her name is. It was right after the insurrection and the Reps were still scared the white trash may have finally had enough. He tried to back away from election denying. Then when it was the way to go he turned. Look it up. He's a bitch and not even has a like a third grade level of understanding of most of the world.

by Anonymousreply 131May 14, 2022 10:13 AM

Does the former friend he is suing come from money? What is he hoping to accomplish by suing him? Honest question.

by Anonymousreply 132May 14, 2022 10:34 AM

He's obviously been through some difficult challenges in his life as a result of the accident. Normally I would have some sympathy for someone in his situation but he has acted like such an asshole. It's a huge contrast with someone like FDR who was stricken by polio and who became more compassionate towards the disadvantaged for the rest of his political career.

by Anonymousreply 133May 14, 2022 11:06 AM

When you're in an accident like this, the insurance of the person at fault only pays up to a certain amount. After that, you have to sue the person for any unpaid medical bills that their insurance didn't cover.

Also, it is standard practice (or used to be) for your insurance to sue the person at fault for your medical expenses.

The parents of the other kid don't have to be wealthy. If they own a house, that could be seized to pay for the medical bills.

by Anonymousreply 134May 14, 2022 11:07 AM

All the questions I didn't care about have been answered.

by Anonymousreply 135May 14, 2022 11:21 AM

Thanks for the answer r134.

by Anonymousreply 136May 14, 2022 11:25 AM

R136, my pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 137May 14, 2022 11:27 AM

But you ARE in the chair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 14, 2022 11:27 AM

[quote]I think he started out with good intentions and idealism

What makes you think that?

by Anonymousreply 139May 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Imagine being young, rich, good looking .... and impotent?

by Anonymousreply 140May 14, 2022 11:37 AM

^ Karma really is a bitch

by Anonymousreply 141May 14, 2022 11:39 AM

To this little shithead's apologists at R81/R82: his dick doesn't work so you can quit trying to suck it. Try sticking your tongues up his hairy ass crack instead.

Since the day he was born right through his formal "education" by his over-indulgent mother, Maddy has been brought up to think he is the center of the universe. And he continues to think that he is God's gift to humanity to this day.

Hopefully, this turd will be getting a giant, heaping helping of reality slapped hard across his face real soon.

by Anonymousreply 142May 14, 2022 11:40 AM

I bet he was a douche even before the accident so really his decline isn’t sad it’s just inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 143May 14, 2022 11:40 AM

[quote]Reading that article, I feel more sympathetic for him.

Of course you do. That was the point. What a chump.

There's literally no mediocre asshole DLers won't fall all over as long as he's reasonably attractive. Even missing limbs doesn't take one out of the running.

by Anonymousreply 144May 14, 2022 12:02 PM

This is God's destiny for him and he is so ungrateful. He is living the life God meant him to live.

by Anonymousreply 145May 14, 2022 12:10 PM

It's funny that the article did seem to have a sympathetic lean to it, but Maddie warned people ahead of time via Twitter that the story was "boring". He doesn't seem to understand or appreciate when someone is throwing him even the smallest of lifelines

by Anonymousreply 146May 14, 2022 12:12 PM

The only thing I want to hear from this nazi moron is the last gurgling sounds he makes as he’s trampled to death by an angry mob. Sympathy is for the Devil, and this fucker is a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 147May 14, 2022 12:32 PM

The people of North Carolina who chose him over Mo Davis in the 2020 election own this shit, so fuck him and fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 148May 14, 2022 1:24 PM

People like r128 DESERVE to have their rights stripped away. Gullible moron.

When Cawthorne demonstrates even a modicum of empathy for anybody not white and straight, then I will return the favor.

Until then, nope.

by Anonymousreply 149May 14, 2022 1:48 PM

It is his vile politics and lies that are disgusting; not his physical disability.

by Anonymousreply 150May 14, 2022 1:58 PM

You queens are outright cruel . No excuse!!

by Anonymousreply 151May 14, 2022 2:38 PM

R128, I am far from bitter but am inspired by these comments - many of which gave me a much needed a laugh. Maddie's own antics have made him the butt of jokes. This guy's an insurrectionist and a douchebag of the highest order. I have ZERO sympathy. He has made it clear he doesn't give a damn about most Americans. Do you think he is the only person in life with significant challenges? Imagine being a poor young minority in a wheel chair. Do you think he gives a damn about any of those people? Why is he not advocating for the disabled instead of praising White Supremacists? Everyone has a sob story and his doesn't entitle him to a powerful government position (which he uses for evil) to callously take away the rights of others and ruin their lives. FUCK HIM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 14, 2022 2:44 PM

Hope doucheface Madison would find peace and probably come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 153May 14, 2022 2:46 PM

I eat Madison Cawthorn’s filled up colostomy bag.

by Anonymousreply 154May 14, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote] I am far from bitter

Me to R152!! Me too!! I am not bitter or jealous of either people either.!!

by Anonymousreply 155May 14, 2022 2:51 PM

If he ever does come out of the closet, R153, he's all yours, non-functioning dick and all.

by Anonymousreply 156May 14, 2022 2:52 PM

[Quote] He’s had to endure an extreme amount of bullying about his disability since running for office.

Boo-hoo! The little Nazi was bullied

by Anonymousreply 157May 14, 2022 3:05 PM

I, an obese senior can have better sex than Madison Cawthorn. There IS a god!

by Anonymousreply 158May 14, 2022 4:11 PM

Due to advances in spinal Cord research, they have injections to return sexual function and bowel / bladder control

by Anonymousreply 159May 14, 2022 4:15 PM

Someone kick this Nazi scum down a flight of stairs already. A long one.

by Anonymousreply 160May 14, 2022 4:30 PM

Does Stephen use Pooph for the smell during cleanup?

by Anonymousreply 161May 14, 2022 9:59 PM

If Madison loses his election, he and Cousin Stephen ought to consider jobs in porn. They are fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 162May 14, 2022 10:10 PM

R162 Who would support Maddie in a porn career? I suspect his non-working cock would go over like a lead balloon. And if he pisses on himself does that mean he shits himself too? Sounds likely since he would need muscle control down there.

A Maddie porn career would be like John Bobbitt trying to sell his Frankenstein dick! That didn't last long either!

by Anonymousreply 163May 15, 2022 12:30 AM

r163 Maddie could do all sorts of things to Stephen though!

by Anonymousreply 164May 15, 2022 12:44 AM

"Scat? I [bold] love[/bold] Ella Fitzgerald!"

by Anonymousreply 165May 15, 2022 1:55 AM

His penis is not paralyzed

by Anonymousreply 166May 15, 2022 1:58 AM

R166 I bet he fucks amazing with hot noises based on his videos

by Anonymousreply 167May 15, 2022 4:15 AM

R164 We all saw Maddie's pathetic porn debut with Stephen. There was nothing even remotely sexual about that.

The friend he is suing (in OP's article) is cuter than Maddie and his cousin. I'd like to see him doing porn. He's tall & lanky with nice shoulders. Plus, he has the kind of sweet dorkiness to him that makes me wanna see cum flow from his penis!

by Anonymousreply 168May 15, 2022 6:36 AM

If he wins re-election, that would be the best revenge for him against anyone who has bullied him.

by Anonymousreply 169May 15, 2022 7:37 AM

Agree with R152.

Disabled poor people and (real, not pretend like Maddie) veterans don't have, and will never have, the amazing health care that douchebag Cawthorn has as a US Representative.

Maddyson's special wheelchairS, the leg braces, multiple special walkers, multitude of daily pharmaceuticals (funnily enough, he trashed BIG PHARMA, yet needs "socialized" through his government funded salary BIG PHARMA to survive), and sundry would NOT be affordable by so many Americans.

Maddyson could be making a difference in those people's lives. It could be his "mission" and he could truly be a hero to do many in need. But he's too busy feeling sorry for himself and trying to overthrow a fairly elected president.

His uselessness goes beyond his ruined legs. Maddie's a pathetic loser.

by Anonymousreply 170May 15, 2022 12:51 PM

Maddie could have become an advocate for the disabled community and actually maybe gotten things done for them as he is in Congress. Just like Sarah Palin could have become an advocate for disabled/Downs Syndrome kids. But no, both are greedy, selfish narcissists that are more interested in celebrity and cashing in. He is a POS and deserves whatever comes his way.

by Anonymousreply 171May 15, 2022 3:22 PM

self-loathing lonely bitter dissolute gay people in THIS forum are more cruel and vile than this guy will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 172May 15, 2022 5:53 PM

STFU, frau-puss, R172. You've got your tongue so far up his fur-anus you could brush his teeth with it. Your fawning adoration of a neo-Nazi, incompetent politician, and possible closet-case sociopath is noted. He's your type.

by Anonymousreply 173May 15, 2022 5:57 PM

I see Maddyson's mom is posting again. Hello Mrs. Cawthorn!

by Anonymousreply 174May 15, 2022 6:02 PM

Guess even a Neo-Nazi insurrectionist pathological liar can have fans!

by Anonymousreply 175May 15, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote] Maddyson could be making a difference in those people's lives. It could be his "mission" and he could truly be a hero to do many in need.

He doesn't come from a culture (well, a regional, micro-culture) where people do this.

by Anonymousreply 176May 15, 2022 6:46 PM

R176 You obviously know nothing of mountain culture.

by Anonymousreply 177May 15, 2022 6:47 PM

White Appalachians are basically libertarian. Leave me alone is their philosophy. Family and neighbors in the hollow is as far as they get for charity giving.

by Anonymousreply 178May 15, 2022 6:51 PM

R178 Sort of. They are libertarian when it comes to government regulations. But, they do care about others beyond their hollow. The main route out of the South for the Underground Railroad was through Appalachia. They are the one area of the South where Unions were thought to be attractive. One of the reasons they have so many churches is because of fights over missionary work, which almost always comes down to do we help our own or others way off.

by Anonymousreply 179May 15, 2022 7:02 PM

Interesting, R179. But they also have so many churches because they are independent spirted. I was struck by the fact that WVA, the only state entirely within Appalachia, has as its predominant religious group "independent Baptists" which are basically unorganized. You can debate if it's Southern but for most of the South the Southern Baptist denomination is the largest church.. Not sure about Florida and Louisiana with the Catholics there.

by Anonymousreply 180May 15, 2022 7:09 PM

Everything you need to know about North Carolina culture has been laid out wonderfully in the many Andy Griffith episodes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 15, 2022 7:09 PM

R180 That is true, but if were to go back into the records of those churches and when they were founded or separated from another church, 9 times out of ten it was to do with missionary activity. They might be independent but they will also give the shirt off their back to help you, if you ask.

by Anonymousreply 182May 15, 2022 7:15 PM

There is a tendency to view people with disabilities as "heroes" for all they have to deal with. I work with people with disabilities and here's the facts: a lot of them are assholes. They were assholes before whatever happened to them and they're still assholes.

Maddy was probably a douchebro before his accident and he's still a douchebag today. If his father is no longer proud of him because he's in a wheelchair today, then that says a lot about the dad.

by Anonymousreply 183May 15, 2022 7:24 PM

R37 yet Maddie mentions taking pills

by Anonymousreply 184May 15, 2022 7:29 PM

Maddie doesn't believe in science, medicine or equal rights for YOU, but for him it's a different story. It's the Republican way

by Anonymousreply 185May 15, 2022 7:39 PM

R172 says: self-loathing lonely bitter dissolute gay people in THIS forum are more cruel and vile than this guy will ever be.

—and YOU know it!

So why are you HERE?

by Anonymousreply 186May 15, 2022 8:05 PM

The election's coming up on Tuesday.

Not the erection.

by Anonymousreply 187May 15, 2022 8:12 PM

How tall would he be if he hadn't had his...you know...misfortune?

by Anonymousreply 188May 15, 2022 8:52 PM

R172's church services just concluded R186. She is "spreading the Word".

by Anonymousreply 189May 15, 2022 9:09 PM

Get up, we hate you, Madison! 😫

by Anonymousreply 190May 15, 2022 9:13 PM

God, I'd love to spank Maddie's fine ass.

by Anonymousreply 191May 15, 2022 9:24 PM

He has a raccoon attached to his ass, r191.

by Anonymousreply 192May 15, 2022 9:48 PM

r192 I'll bring my clippers

by Anonymousreply 193May 15, 2022 9:53 PM

me too for $100,000.

by Anonymousreply 194May 15, 2022 9:55 PM

Maddy has one prime ass!

by Anonymousreply 195May 15, 2022 9:57 PM

Maddie has not taken anti-gay stances, he has taken anti-Trans stances, but so have many LGBs. There is no reason to believe that he thinks that gay people shouldn't have rights. It is like when they say Trump was the most anti-LGBT President ever and they list like 20 things and 18 are Trans issues. If you want to call them transphobic go ahead but don't call transphobia homophobia they are very different just like Trans is very different and has nothing to do with being gay, lesbian, nor bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 196May 15, 2022 9:57 PM

^ Shut up. Republicans hate everyone including Gays

by Anonymousreply 197May 15, 2022 10:24 PM

My dick may not function, but I have not lost my smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 15, 2022 10:36 PM

He is such an asshole. What happened to him was some spot-on karma.

Seems like he needs another dose for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 199May 15, 2022 10:44 PM

R199 Don't worry, I have a feeling it will be coming to him on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 200May 15, 2022 11:45 PM

R200: That's concerning. There are seven people in the Republican primary. The winner needs only 30% of the vote to be the nominee in a solidly Republican district.

A Dem's chances of being elected there in November are slim to none. Granted, better odds than Madison's chances of getting laid, but still.

by Anonymousreply 201May 15, 2022 11:55 PM

Of course I can still cum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 16, 2022 1:35 AM

So if he can’t get hard then that means cousin Stephen is the top? But then how does that work? I don’t think Maddie can control the ass muscles

by Anonymousreply 203May 16, 2022 2:02 AM

Since Maddyson is an admitted bed wetter, maybe Cousin Stephen is into golden showers? Or, I guess it would be golden puddles in this case. Truly a lid for every pot!

by Anonymousreply 204May 16, 2022 2:12 AM

R203 I'm pretty sure Maddy sticks to giving blowjobs and jacking off since he has no feeling, nor can he control anything below the waist.

by Anonymousreply 205May 16, 2022 2:13 AM

Maddy's pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 206May 16, 2022 6:14 AM

Does he shit in a bag?

by Anonymousreply 207May 16, 2022 6:37 AM

Cue the thousand violins. Using the pity card as damage control for that embarrassing clip of him being his true self. That dog won't hunt today.

by Anonymousreply 208May 16, 2022 6:49 AM

R207 He shits in his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 209May 16, 2022 6:56 AM

Maddie needs nurse Ladybelle G.

by Anonymousreply 210May 16, 2022 7:23 AM

R210 Ladybelle G's a cold blooded bitch who would tell him to his face that she only deals with working penises.

by Anonymousreply 211May 16, 2022 8:31 AM

she's nutz

by Anonymousreply 212May 16, 2022 10:15 AM

R183: [quote]There is a tendency to view people with disabilities as "heroes" for all they have to deal with. I work with people with disabilities and here's the facts: a lot of them are assholes. They were assholes before whatever happened to them and they're still assholes.

Yesss! Can confirm. I’m a cripple now due to cervical myelopathy that my province (BC) ignored until it was too late, and I’m the same asshole now that I was before. We’re fucking PEOPLE, not pity cases. Maddie doesn’t get a pass just because he’s in a chair (and good-looking…)

by Anonymousreply 213May 16, 2022 10:48 AM

^^ fuck me… I fucked up the quote. 😔

by Anonymousreply 214May 16, 2022 10:49 AM

^ It's ok, we understand 🙄

by Anonymousreply 215May 16, 2022 10:52 AM

I'm not surprised he's such a pathetic little man-baby who hates the world.

by Anonymousreply 216May 16, 2022 1:36 PM

Mother May I Sleep With Cousin Stephen

by Anonymousreply 217May 16, 2022 3:03 PM

^ Yes, dear, but non of that cock-sucking like last time 😠

by Anonymousreply 218May 16, 2022 4:18 PM

I guess I can appreciate the "softer" side the Politico piece portrays, and I don't doubt that the accident fucked him up in some ways. But having grown up around a lot of these white, privileges pretty-boy types, I am still ticked off the public keeps falling for these types of people. And based on a lot of the guys I know growing up, even without the accident and subsequent election, he would be a messed up individual with psycho-/sociopathic leanings. That anyone believed for a minute this kid would have been good in Congress is truly baffling. I know a lot of people from my youth in state politics; these are people who actually have an interest in the government and its representation of the people. They're smart, they continue to educate themselves, they're motivated. In high-school, they would have called these people dorks or nerds, but they really are the people who should be in Congress and leading a nation, not crippled hotties or aging ex-frat boys (Kavanaugh comes to mind) who need a new purpose in their miserable lives. While I like to mock AOC just as the rest of DL, I have to say, she really does belong in politics. She seems to work hard, she's obviously passionate about this stuff and her representation of her district. It vexes me exponentially that people will elect bozos like Cawthorn, Boebert, or MTG when it's pretty clear these people aren't right for the jobs they hold. And it's an incredibly elitist mindset, but no one should be in Congress without a college degree. It is laughable that any of the listed clowns are representing districts when they're as low brow as they are.

by Anonymousreply 219May 16, 2022 8:11 PM

You should also be able to print like a fucking adult. If you weren't blessed with those handwriting genes, type out your notes and master your signature.

by Anonymousreply 220May 16, 2022 8:16 PM

I can't stand Cawthorne and his nasty Trump Repig politics, but I can't blame him for being bitter due to being confined to a wheelchair forever and all the physical problems that come with it. I don't think I would want to live.

Just the indignity of needing help with the bathroom all the time is unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 221May 16, 2022 9:01 PM

^ be best!

by Anonymousreply 222May 16, 2022 9:11 PM

R221 Don't confuse empathy with declaring that this man somehow is entitled to stay in power. If every person deserved to be in Congress just because they have a disability then the halls of Congress would be crowded with wheelchairs and even then, I'm sure we could find 435 people more qualified and better suited for the position than Cawthorn.

You can sympathize with his condition as a human without falling for the old okey doke that Politico is selling - that he somehow "deserves" to stay in this position of power where he is clearly doing more harm than good. He doesn't get a pass just because he is in a wheelchair. Because of his politics he DESERVES TO LOSE this election!

by Anonymousreply 223May 16, 2022 9:15 PM

Some of us enjoy changing extra large and stinky adult diapers!

by Anonymousreply 224May 16, 2022 9:18 PM

Rumors on Twitter are that Orange Shitgibbon is a bit freaked out by recent Cawthorne revelations.

by Anonymousreply 225May 16, 2022 9:28 PM

What a crippled FAGGOT!

by Anonymousreply 226May 16, 2022 9:36 PM

People complaining about him being elected. To this I say he was elected by his district because he broadly represented the views of the majority of voters there. That's how representative democracy works. All sorts of emotions will come into play on Tuesday but if he wins the primary it's largely because they like his views.

Same with AOC, she's roughly in allign with the views of her district.

I don't agree with either of them btw.

by Anonymousreply 227May 16, 2022 9:36 PM

Like this, r160?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Or this, R228

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 16, 2022 10:01 PM

R219 Bobert, MTG, Cawthorn and other Republican slime like them aren't there to govern. They're there to dismantle if not destroy the government and with it the US as we've known it. And whether they win or lose at that, to then get a job in the Fox-etc idiotsphere for big bucks.

Nixon started it, Reagan advanced it, Newt Gingrich and Trump almost succeeded at it. They have deliberately weakened American democracy. Sadly, there are too many Americans who agree with their efforts knowing full well what they're up to - trying to reverse 150 years of grudging, grinding progress in the United States.

by Anonymousreply 230May 16, 2022 10:42 PM

Maddie might need some cumforting after tomorrow's primary. How do I sign up?

by Anonymousreply 231May 16, 2022 10:46 PM

^ on his colostomy bag

by Anonymousreply 232May 16, 2022 10:48 PM

R223. I never said or implied I wanted Cawthorn to remain in Congress. In fact, I wish the entire Repig party would burn and disappear including Cawthorn, Greene, Bobert, McCarthy, McConnell, Graham, Cruz, Hawley, etc.

I simply said that I understand Cawthorn's bitterness about being confined to a wheelchair and all the accompanying problems physically and mentally. It must be hopeless, helpless and depressing as hell. In fact, if Cawthorn loses his election, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes off the deep end in depression with no hope and no one wanting him. Paralyzed forever? Fucking shot me.

by Anonymousreply 233May 16, 2022 11:01 PM

R227 the article actually makes the argument that part of his re-election troubles are due to his bait-and-switch after the election. So while I don't doubt he made a lot of promises and statements they liked, the image and promises he presented were not what they ultimately got. And they do seem to be in the process of removing him, which is also part of the democratic process of course. What floors me is that he even got there in the first place. From what I can tell, he had no qualifications to be elected, no spots on city or regional governments or councils, not even a student government spot to his credit. He isn't educated to a degree where people could take that as a proxy for government experience, nor any of the business" experience which helped sway people over to Trump. It would seriously be akin to allowing one's minor son or daughter to run the household and family finances. It's just bonkers. While I realize anyone can technically run, the fact that there aren't some kind of standards for these people to be in the federal govt is insane. And of course, as you insinuated, the people of his district were apparently that stupid to elect him. But thankfully they seem to be correcting that now. We'll see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 234May 16, 2022 11:50 PM

R234 He was handsome and gave nice speeches. Being in a wheelchair but not letting that stop him, also garnered him some sympathy votes. That was enough for the average voter. I agree that one should have or demonstrate some skill or experience to be elected to Congress. Though remember when the Constitution was written the idea was that farmers, shopkeepers, teachers, lawyers, doctors, etc... would serve a term or two and then return home. We were set up to be an amateur led government.

by Anonymousreply 235May 17, 2022 12:17 AM

also rump's criminal/election frauder chief of staff backed him.

by Anonymousreply 236May 17, 2022 12:20 AM

^ he did not in fact back him.

by Anonymousreply 237May 17, 2022 12:26 AM

well, they were connected.

i doubt there are many facts we've heard between the both of them.

by Anonymousreply 238May 17, 2022 12:31 AM

...and he's toast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 18, 2022 4:03 AM

Cry more

by Anonymousreply 240May 18, 2022 11:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!